Main reason why Siege needs arties.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
First, if cursed arties get implemented wtf does it matter, you just don't want someone to have an advantage. Second, heres why pvmers WANT faction arties to stay should that happen: prices. Remember before faction arties, you know... when it cost a mil or so to run fey legs and a spirit or any other useful cursed arty?

All the hardcore pvpers, the ones with mils that easily outbid the rest could easily get whatever they want. Should faction arties stay, we can get the stuff we want, and it remains that much easier to afford for the rest. Having faction arties and cursed arties IS BALANCE. Haves and a few have nots use faction arties, while the have nots use cursed ones, and the price doesn't skyrocket because the haves outbid everyone.

You ready for everyone to need to fork out a couple million for a suit to compete? That is what YOU are asking for.
All I have to say;

back when i was one of the "have nots"; faction arties allowed me to be somewhat competetive vs the high enders (most of whom are guild mates now). I ran a suit that had 150k faction buy back..rbc, feys, kaza with a blessed faction orny. I filled the rest out with runic gear and 0/3s and shields with dci. 150k buy back.. and most times I was 6-9ish mr, 2/6, 45-55 dci, with 25-40 lmc.

Point of that?

Your post is spot on.

If people would just man up, run shown mage templates and make even minimal use of both faction arties and imbuing (for God's sake it's the damn easy button for non faction complimentary pieces) then we would see alot more pvp.

It is also very possible to toss together a good non faction suit at a good price because most of the high enders are no longer hording the non faction arties any more. I could build a damn fine suit around a regular rbc (200k maybe) and an aegis of grace (100-150k maybe).

Lower cost of faction arties while adding back in tok and cursed arties drops at a higher rate and you get more well suited pvpers, more farmers, more pks hunting the farmers, and more anti's hunting the pks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
No one is stopping you from joining factions sir. You are holding yourself back. Also that first paragraph there is pretty funny. If people want to pvp, then they will join factions and fight till they get their fill. What you're describing is being able to "defend" yourself while your pvming or resource gathering. You want your crafter to have a chance against a decked out pvper. That will never happen, but you can keep no dreaming.

THe only reason this shard is dead is because of the skill gain system. End of story.
Not all people want to PvP all the time, alot want to be somewhat safe in town, when doing crafting stuff, shopping or just hanging out.

Not all want to be aggressive in PvP, they just want the risk for being attacked.

Faction do not work for me, I rather go red again on Freja if I want to be aggressive in PvP. I have no wish to kill newbies, crafters or any other chars in town, not even reds hanging out in town looking for a fight.

My hunting ground had always been the wilderness, looking for a lonely char to challenge for a little RP and PvP.

Also being red on Freja will give me a few more enemies and more chances for PvP. I may go red again but maybe I'm getting old, had not really been in aggressive mood for long time, that's the reason I ended up as blue.

My crafters, special Tina Tink had always done her mining and lumbering outside town and never minded being attacked, even when she can't fight as her eval and medi mostly are on her soulstones.

I see no reason for any of my chars to join Faction. I would however like to see more reds.

Your guys should not be in faction, you should be red PK's or be anti PK's, that's how Siege was meant to be.

When you ask a guild like GIL or CWS to put their PvP'ers in faction, you ask for something that will hurt the guild.

A guild like GIL or CWS do have crafters, PvM'ers and in the past, they would have PvP'ers too, who would protect the guild against PK's, both at their towns, mining/lumbering spots and hunting spots.

Why should they join faction and forget about the rest of the guild. I think we need to look at, why Siege do have so few willing to go red.

H

Hugibear

I dont think siege should have anymore arties. If you want arties join factions. Lets not forget risk vs reward. You want to farm and make good coin. Join faction, and farm silver. Silver at its highest point was selling for about 60-65 goldies per 1 piece of silver.
I am not asking anyone to join factions. But if you want the gear, you will either pay the premium for non faction arties or join factions to get the gear on the cheap.

We dont need anymore reds, thanks this has to the dumbest idea in this thread. More reds to kill and kill again all the noobs oh yeah and res kill over and over till they dont log in anymore.

I should be pk or anti, maybe this is your opinion but it certainly isn't how siege should be. Factions creates more fights for those that want it and less for those that dont. I am more prone to play my blue faction than my red. Meaning while I am out lookin for peeps to kill I am less likely to take counts on my blue unless I see someone like kelmo. I just cant help squishing some turds.

I also dont understand why a guild couldnt have people in factions and some not. There are many guilds that have both, and have no problems. Maybe you need to broaden your horizons a touch.

T

the_slave_revolt

Just my 2 cents: I've got to say ironically enough insurance was the reason I and probably most of the shard came to siege perilous when AoS was released. I thought about it the other day, insurance may be the only thing that would bring me to play actively again. I love the idea and concept of being able to loot a player I kill and cycle through armor and resources with minimally pvming. I think about 2 years ago I hit a point where I'd pvm for 2 days just for 1 night of pvp (with good gear), I don't mind dieing in fact thats what makes any game so much fun. The waste came from people never cycling through their gains and just locking them down on their door steps like some kind of trophy. Even stuff like faction gear was just tossed and never sold back. Thats where the fun of the game took a dive for me. I can't believe it, but I'm starting to think that in order to save the shard and revive/bring in new blood back to siege Insurance would be a good thing. Siege needs something to stop the hoarding, and in short sight insurance looks like the best option.

B

Black magick

I agree with hugi, what harm does having a faction guild AND a non-faction guild hurt? Most guilds use vent, so there's no lack of communication. I'm not seeing the harm, enlighten me.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
First, if cursed arties get implemented wtf does it matter, you just don't want someone to have an advantage.
DUH?! Do you actually read what you type? Of course he doesn't want that. It would be assinine to believe that one group should have an advantage over another. rolleyes:

Second, heres why pvmers WANT faction arties to stay should that happen: prices. Remember before faction arties, you know... when it cost a mil or so to run fey legs and a spirit or any other useful cursed arty?
If cursed arties are permanently reintroduced, there would be a constant and unending supply, therefore reducing the price. To me, this equals cheaper suits for everyone, faction and non-faction players alike, which will undoubtedly bring about more pvp action. If people aren't as afraid to lose their suits, they are more willing to get out and dance a few more rounds!

All the hardcore pvpers, the ones with mils that easily outbid the rest could easily get whatever they want. Should faction arties stay, we can get the stuff we want, and it remains that much easier to afford for the rest. Having faction arties and cursed arties IS BALANCE. Haves and a few have nots use faction arties, while the have nots use cursed ones, and the price doesn't skyrocket because the haves outbid everyone.
An abundance of cursed arties will be on vendors everywhere. There will be no outbidding.

You ready for everyone to need to fork out a couple million for a suit to compete? That is what YOU are asking for.
What planet are you on? People are currently putting a million or more into suits and buybacks. Check some of the previous posts of the very folks who are fighting to keep faction arties.

I'll say it again... If cursed arties are permanently reintroduced, they'll be everywhere and reasonably priced. Factioners and non-factioners will be paying the same prices. That = more fights. Period.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
What planet are you on? People are currently putting a million or more into suits and buybacks. Check some of the previous posts of the very folks who are fighting to keep faction arties.

I'll say it again... If cursed arties are permanently reintroduced, they'll be everywhere and reasonably priced. Factioners and non-factioners will be paying the same prices. That = more fights. Period.

Don't forget now. There will always be people like myself, Mike-D, Nym...that will just buy all the cursed artifacts they can get their hands on. I remember at one time I had around 100 each of the spirits, fey legs and HOTL's before faction arties came out. Many Crimsons as well.

I can see it now. SP! or whatever we're called now will be the group farming/buying all the artifacts and driving the prices up. Also, we'll be faction dying the **** out of them so you all cant wear them :) I dont know about the rest, but I know I sure as hell will be.

Then we'll get a thread about faction dye and how its killing the population of siege....

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net

Don't forget now. There will always be people like myself, Mike-D, Nym...that will just buy all the cursed artifacts they can get their hands on. I remember at one time I had around 100 each of the spirits, fey legs and HOTL's before faction arties came out. Many Crimsons as well.

I can see it now. SP! or whatever we're called now will be the group farming/buying all the artifacts and driving the prices up. Also, we'll be faction dying the **** out of them so you all cant wear them :) I dont know about the rest, but I know I sure as hell will be.

Then we'll get a thread about faction dye and how its killing the population of siege....

Buy all you like! You won't be the only ones buying and you certainly won't be the only ones farming. As far as faction dying... go for it. Most factioners probably will be doing that, but as long as there is a constant supply, there will be new, undyed ones for everyone else.

And in case you haven't heard, there are some faction changes coming down the pike and pretty quickly. Who knows if faction dye will even be an option. I suppose some could lobby against it if they were so inclined. I wouldn't be terribly opposed to that either. *shrugs* I've always been of the opinion that faction incentives shouldn't be item based. IMO, the incentives should revolve around controlling the towns and greater benefits for that. IE.. 2 minutes off statloss for each town your faction controls. I'm sure we could find some other balanced incentives if we put some serious thought into it.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I've also heard about faction changes. I highly doubt they will change the faction evil/hero system on Siege. Since its a Siege only thing.

What the developers have said is they plan on changing the bases. They are going to a three system faction. That was stated.

They plan on chaning the rank system and the way you gain points. For example. If you are a healer you may have a shot at getting points for a kill. Not only the killer is going to get the points now.

But I haven't heard anything about them taking faction artifacts away...So they are around to stay.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
I also dont understand why a guild couldnt have people in factions and some not. There are many guilds that have both, and have no problems. Maybe you need to broaden your horizons a touch.
Basically, what they are pancakes about is the fact that they can no longer abuse the system.

They can't use faction characters (with Monster Ignore) to help them do champ spawns/peerless/ect. (Things like no friendly fire makes it possible.)

You don't remember the days when TnT would send out faction chars to stat us and blue non-faction characters to interfere with the fights? No friendly fire is a great tool to use to your advantage when you goal is to be as cheap and chincy as possible. Doesn't work as well when your faction characters are withering/field spelling/whatever the non-faction dudes who are on the same team.

They are trammies and want the rewards without having to take the risks... yet Kat seems to think factioners don't risk any more than non-factioners do.

Too funny.

:lol:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Fair enough...only problem is the vast amount of people that have taken the last option leaving Siege as a bit of a ghost town.

Not sure exactly what is the main cause of people becoming inactive or quitting. My guess would be a whole combination of things including faction items, low population, lack of community and lack of good fights.
A fun game is a fun game.

Spending 2 days farming just to properly equip your character 1 time is not a fun game.

Players like Forsaken, Kage, Sun, I and the rest have never had an issue with the level of difficulty this requires until it became an issue for our enemies.

The shard simply cannot keep up or compete.

So either we reduce the amount of time it takes you all to properly equip or we look for the fights elsewhere because they simply are not found... here.

You won't find role players here because the stuff they used to roleplay handicapped them. Who the hell would find that fun?

You won't find PvMers out and about because 99% of the things we hunt give junk. People hunt monsters for the reward (after the novelty of beating it wears off.) And when there just isn't rewards for the efforts... people stop doing it and stop having fun.

Crafters - well we've almost dumped everything on them so in order to be a successful crafter, you have to spend OODLES of time on it. Try getting a val hammer doing BoDs part time or casually. ROFL. Try keeping a vendor stocked as a casual player. You may be able to get a niche going (for something like bolts of cloth?) but good luck running a successful business. And who the hell would stay as a part of a community for any length of time if the only thing they do is sheer sheep and throw the product on a vendor? Back when, it wasn't uncommon for crafters (id rather call them merchants) to buy low from others who went out hunting/gathering and resell for profit. You don't see that now. Also... now, just to make one suit it takes lots of time, rather than the few minutes it used to.

Who the hell wants to continue dealing with this crap? It gets old and tired. It's not balanced and it needs fixing.

PS. To everyone else - Faction items are here to stay. 7AE items and PBDs were only addressed because people couldn't access them... anyone can choose whether they want to be in factions or not. Besides... Kat doesn't have the support to get her stupid ass idea implemented... nor will she ever get it. Nothing to worry about... let her do all the worrying.

B

Black magick

DUH?! Do you actually read what you type? Of course he doesn't want that. It would be assinine to believe that one group should have an advantage over another. rolleyes:

If cursed arties are permanently reintroduced, there would be a constant and unending supply, therefore reducing the price. To me, this equals cheaper suits for everyone, faction and non-faction players alike, which will undoubtedly bring about more pvp action. If people aren't as afraid to lose their suits, they are more willing to get out and dance a few more rounds!

An abundance of cursed arties will be on vendors everywhere. There will be no outbidding.

Well... Not sure if you play the same game as I do but this game is ABOUT advantages. Why else would your guild be notorious for running stealth? If there was complete balance between templates (impossible) then maybe wanting no advantages would be valid.

You seem to be under the impression that the transition will go smoothly and everything will be all good. Don't get me wrong I'm all for cursed arties being implemented, however, I'm poor and I'd much rather be able to run cursed arties and let factioneers have their advantage then have the elites keep the market under their control. With cursed arties in doom, this is inevitable. I'd say at least 60% of doom runs get raided, and what good cursed arties you get will be bought up. You also seem to be under the impression that every cursed arty is useful. Not the case, you could go hours without getting a good one. (assuming you aren't raided) All of which is a cause for high prices and hoarding (which helps my point along even more).

On a side note, having a lot of cursed arties isn't going to change a person's mindset. If they wouldn't run high end gear when its available now they won't with cursed arties implemented.

T

the_slave_revolt

The Dev team is already under staffed they're not going to waste time and money on revamping Siege Perilous Sad but true...

The best you can hope for is something that wouldn't require a lot of work on there part... BLACK ROCK AREA, and make it so you don't have to renounce your youth to see our shard at the log on screen.

Start of with something small Black Rock, and Log in... Siege will grow after those two changes alone. After Siege's population grows then we can all work together again for something else.
I agree with this completely, black rock would be great for siege perilous. PK hotspot/training for newbie characters, the entire shard would benefit from it.

To get the developers to even consider something we need, everyone needs to agree on something that really does not require much programming to implement. So Arties (Tokuno and Cursed), Blackrock, and such previously existing 'events' would be the best canidates for change on siege. Of course this may take as long to fix as pbds and 7ae.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Well... I just read this thread completely and I have NO idea where some of you get your 'train of thoughts' from... they seriously make no sense.

Perhaps UO actually intended to have these check and balances exist between mages and dexers??

If the newer faction armor is what is required to run 70 DCI and still have room for LMC/MR then perhaps it wasn't really intended. Same for dexer suits. I really don't think my dexer gets to max dci/hci without his two-three pieces of faction gear.

Without faction armor is there really some of these Dreadmare templates out there that are pretty unstoppable??
Dude... this game is tailored to production shards. PvP is balanced and tailored to item insurance, which have characters running in maxed out suits.

There is NOTHING that indicates otherwise... in fact, all of our problems on Siege is because this game is tailored to that, rather than this.

I think a lot did quit with AOS launch and item dependancy...and from whats being said here from Siege shard veterans is alot more started to quit when faction items were released
That is exactly the case.

I'd also appreciate it if someone can spell out exactly why they find it unacceptable to add the increased cursed artie drops IN LIEU of faction arties.

I understand that faction arties offer a bit higher mods, but you could build basically the same suits, withe the same equipment, minus the buffed mods, creating a pretty even playing field for all, no?
Oh, please. More people quit over 4/9 casting mages, 1 shot bushido archers and naked stealth tamers than anything I've ever seen... especially faction arties. The 'elite' PvPers were running high end suits that you and the rest of the shard weren't way before these faction items were introduced.

How do you guys think players like Revvo got famous? The guy sucked at PvP, but he ran great items and made up for his suck by out smarting people via that route. You act like this crap is new.

And lets get something straight... Non-factioners do not risk as much as factioners. Factioners risk everything non-factioners risk AND MORE. Apparently the part in all caps is what you keep missing.

I believe speedy pointed out why we keep faction arties even with imbuing. Factioneers risk more, so we should get a little extra resist, mr, hci, or whatever.
Factioners really only risk more verses other factioners...as in they are attackable anywhere ( really the whole point now to factions ) To be honest, factioners risk less verses non factioners because they have cheaper and better armor ( that is account bound and usually hero/evil dyed imbued gear ) and is far easier to replace with cheap buybacks.
Oh? You mean while doing a baracoon... a silver serpent can't put me in stat? I don't risk that? You mean while fighting a non-factioner, another factioner can't show up and put me in stat? I don't run the risk of that either? You mean if I'm low on health and accidentally kill myself (trapped crate?), It doesn't put me in stat? You mean that if I'm a blue factioner hanging out in a guardzone that I can call guards on anyone who attacks me?

No.

I think an artied out mage in a non faction suit ( not quite as good stats as faction gear ) would cost him a mill to replace as well. Only difference is someone else can run that suit if they loot it from him. An imbued suit would probally cost a pretty penny as well...Tibs would probally be best to ask that question to.

What you seem to forget is people join factions to fight. Thats the reason they are in factions...why would they need a bonus in gear to be able to do what they are aiming for?? The only bonus from the gear that they get ( cause all factioners can wear it ) is verses non factioners.
There are many reasons people join factions. I can tell you, people don't join factions to fight. There's no stat loss... you can PK freely if you're aim is to just fight anyone at any time. People join factions for the rewards, risking more brings. We don't fight for sigils for the hell of it. If there wasn't a reward for doing something... we won't do it. Why do you think people barely fight over sigils these days?!? Because there's no real reward.

They deserve a bonus because this game is about a balanced Risk vs Reward system. Where if you risk more, you should be rewarded in kind, for it.

Here's another interesting fact. My NON faction mage suit, which is just as good as my faciton suits costs anywhere from 500k to 1.5million less than any of my faction suits. This was before imbuing... it's even cheaper now.

Factioners DO NOT risk more! Factioners join factions BECAUSE they want to be able to fight people anywhere, anytime, anyplace. You can't take the reason you join a faction, the 'reward' and all of a sudden call it a risk.

If you're in a faction, you can attack any faction member anytime anyplace. If you like pvp, that's your reward.

If you're in a faction, any faction member can attack you anytime anyplace. If you like pvp, that's your risk.

Stat loss? If a factioner dies to a non-factioner, do they go through stat-loss? No, so how is there a risk? Because someone in factions could kill you and put you in statloss? That's what you agreed to when you joined factions!

If faction artifacts could only be used against other faction members, fine then I would agree. OR if a non-faction member could put a faction member in stat loss, that's a risk. But right now, faction vs faction you have a risk/reward balance. Faction vs non-faction, there are all rewards and NO risk.
That's why we join factions?!?!? That makes NO sense. Since when do I not have to take a count on a blue non-factioner if I'm in factions!?!?!?

You want to know who can kill anyone pretty much anywhere?!? A PK!

People join factions for an elevated level of risk. For an additional challenge to the challenges they currently face. And for the rewards that level of play brings. We don't steal sigils for the hell of it or to get a fight... there's supposed to be a point.

I think sunchicken had a saying long ago... I didn't graduate college so I could go back to highschool.

You people have somehow twisted this in your heads to justify what you want.

You want to have a level playing field? Non-factioners should have proper access to regular/cursed artifacts and factioners should have access to that and their faction arties.

Risk versus reward. You don't want to take the same risks? Cool. But you don't get the same rewards. How in the hell you people think you deserve to reap the same rewards... is beyond me.

good god.

PS. Faction Artifacts are here to stay.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Just breathe BR rolleyes:

I guess we all have different opinions on how we want to play the game. I guess since I do not need faction items to make it viable to play my template then they just aren't as important to me as those dependant on it.

In the meantime, I'll keep plugging along on Siege hoping that some form of Mythic classic shard arises from the ashes. Enjoy Darkfall, Atlantic and Great Lakes :)

M

MoonglowMerchant

Well... I just read this thread completely and I have NO idea where some of you get your 'train of thoughts' from... they seriously make no sense.

Dude... this game is tailored to production shards. PvP is balanced and tailored to item insurance, which have characters running in maxed out suits.

There is NOTHING that indicates otherwise... in fact, all of our problems on Siege is because this game is tailored to that, rather than this.

Oh, please. More people quit over 4/9 casting mages, 1 shot bushido archers and naked stealth tamers than anything I've ever seen... especially faction arties. The 'elite' PvPers were running high end suits that you and the rest of the shard weren't way before these faction items were introduced.

How do you guys think players like Revvo got famous? The guy sucked at PvP, but he ran great items and made up for his suck by out smarting people via that route. You act like this crap is new.

And lets get something straight... Non-factioners do not risk as much as factioners. Factioners risk everything non-factioners risk AND MORE. Apparently the part in all caps is what you keep missing.

Oh? You mean while doing a baracoon... a silver serpent can't put me in stat? I don't risk that? You mean while fighting a non-factioner, another factioner can't show up and put me in stat? I don't run the risk of that either? You mean if I'm low on health and accidentally kill myself (trapped crate?), It doesn't put me in stat? You mean that if I'm a blue factioner hanging out in a guardzone that I can call guards on anyone who attacks me?

No.

There are many reasons people join factions. I can tell you, people don't join factions to fight. There's no stat loss... you can PK freely if you're aim is to just fight anyone at any time. People join factions for the rewards, risking more brings. We don't fight for sigils for the hell of it. If there wasn't a reward for doing something... we won't do it. Why do you think people barely fight over sigils these days?!? Because there's no real reward.

They deserve a bonus because this game is about a balanced Risk vs Reward system. Where if you risk more, you should be rewarded in kind, for it.

Here's another interesting fact. My NON faction mage suit, which is just as good as my faciton suits costs anywhere from 500k to 1.5million less than any of my faction suits. This was before imbuing... it's even cheaper now.

That's why we join factions?!?!? That makes NO sense. Since when do I not have to take a count on a blue non-factioner if I'm in factions!?!?!?

People join factions for an elevated level of risk. For an additional challenge to the challenges they currently face. And for the rewards that level of play brings. We don't steal sigils for the hell of it or to get a fight... there's supposed to be a point.

I think sunchicken had a saying long ago... I didn't graduate college so I could go back to highschool.

You people have somehow twisted this in your heads to justify what you want.

You want to have a level playing field? Non-factioners should have proper access to regular/cursed artifacts and factioners should have access to that and their faction arties.

Risk versus reward. You don't want to take the same risks? Cool. But you don't get the same rewards. How in the hell you people think you deserve to reap the same rewards... is beyond me.

good god.

PS. Faction Artifacts are here to stay.
What I gather from you is that in order to survive, Siege needs to be more like production shards.

I have observed however, that the more Siege resembles production shards the less populated it becomes.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
I believe we are damn tired of being told we have to join faction to PvP.
I should not have to be forced to join Faction to fight a faction player. I don't care if faction players get some rewards as long they do not give unfair advantage vs non faction players.

That does not mean, it have to be that way. It's just a matter of balance the loot and resource drop vs the Siege ruleset.

Why do Siege not have 2 x resources and fame like Felucca?

Increasing resources from gathreing and loot will short the time used to make new PvP gear.
This should count for leather, logs, wool/cotton, ore, gems (also from loot), regs, imbuing resources, etc.
Also increase the effect of the luck statue, make it last 2 hours and add 3x the luck it do now, then the loot drop will increase in value.

The 'elite' PvPers were running high end suits that you and the rest of the shard weren't way before these faction items were introduced.
Yes but if you did success killing them, you got a great reward for it, not some stupid factions arties, you can't use or unraw for relic

There are a big diff between having 4-5 players in upper gear running around vs 50 in factions arties.

Not true, non faction players risk a much more expensive suit if they try to complete.
Sure faction risk to die to faction enemies, they did choose that because they wanted more fights just like some make guildwars to get more fights.
In a fight faction vs non faction, faction do not risk more but they do have unfair advantage.

You should not get rewards, that give you an unfair advantage vs non faction. The rewards you get should only work vs other factions.

Yes, agree, people do not really join faction to get more fights but to get a arti suit that give them an unfair advantage.
That's why it's wrong and factions artifacts have to go.

It's wrong because your risk only comes from other factions but your reward works vs non faction too. The reward have to be changed so it only works vs other factions

One reason more to remove factions artifacts

If there was enough reds, you would have enough to kill without joining faction.

Many PK's are not trying to be upper, they do not mind dying sometimes but dying to factions artifacts is not fun.

BS, they only join to get upper stuff and to kill without taking counts.

All should have access to the same items, imbued and from loot. bye bye Farties

B

Black magick

First, as has been pointed out, non-factions can equip as good as factioners can. So the being "forced" to join factions talk is bull ****. The point of bringing up revvo was to show you some people will ALWAYS run top tier gear.

You seem to want high end gear to be readily available, and yet when its faction arties its unfair and shouldn't be used. Wah... the pvpers have better gear. I thought we'd try to run lesser gear personally, you know make it even.

It's obvious you are grabbing for a reason that isn't there freja. How do I know? In the same post you first say faction gear is much cheaper, then quote drax's part about his non-faction suit being cheaper. Only to go on to say it being cheaper is more reason for faction arties to go away. So is faction gear cheaper or more expensive? Make up your mind.

Final note, as has been explained before, pk and pvper is two seperate things. Pks attempt to kill a character that they don't think has a chance. A pvper wants to fight others that are set to take them on and occasionally crush a pvmer who might annoy them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
First, as has been pointed out, non-factions can equip as good as factioners can. So the being "forced" to join factions talk is bull ****. The point of bringing up revvo was to show you some people will ALWAYS run top tier gear.
If that is true, why do people join factions for the gears?
If it's true, why can't we just remove the Farties
Farties are sold from NPC's, not farmed by the PvM'ers or crafted by the crafters. That's against the spirit of Siege!

You seem to want high end gear to be readily available, and yet when its faction arties its unfair and shouldn't be used. Wah... the pvpers have better gear. I thought we'd try to run lesser gear personally, you know make it even.
Yes as we can lose it easy it need to be easy to replace and not only for one group.
And it should not come from NPC's.

It's obvious you are grabbing for a reason that isn't there freja. How do I know? In the same post you first say faction gear is much cheaper, then quote drax's part about his non-faction suit being cheaper. Only to go on to say it being cheaper is more reason for faction arties to go away. So is faction gear cheaper or more expensive? Make up your mind.
I really have no idea if it is cheap or expensive and I'm not in faction.
I know most PvP'ers do not want to use alot of time for farming or crafting. However they do use time to farm silver now, that time could be used to farm gold or resources to trade for a ready to go suit brought from PC vendors.

Final note, as has been explained before, pk and pvper is two seperate things. Pks attempt to kill a character that they don't think has a chance. A pvper wants to fight others that are set to take them on and occasionally crush a pvmer who might annoy them.
A PK is a PvP'er who get his gold and resources from killing players instead of killing monsters.

Not all PK's goes for an easy target and not all so called PvP'ers goes for a fair fight.
Many PK's just like to play with others feelings. I had been killed of many PK's, who only killed me for the fight and not because they knew they could beat me or wanted my loot.

Except the last 2 months, I had been red all my time on Siege.
Why was I red? Why did I kill players who was not looking for a fight?
I was red for the challenge of having more enemies
I was red because I love, when someone get scared when they see me.
I killed players who was not looking for a fight because they however did choose Siege and love the kick they get when they get attacked.
I did kill for the RP and I would always res my victim and his only lose would be a little fame.
Now I know I may not be like most PK's but my victims do love me.

PvP = player vs Player, it have not anything to do with the color of the players or if they are ready for a fight.
You show you are willing to fight with being in faction, a PK show he is willing from being red. A blue on Siege is willing to fight or risk to die, else he would not be on Siege, however, he is not willing to fight/die everywhere, he want to be safe in towns.
Because you point out something, it do not mean it's correct, it's just your opinion like this is mine.

V

Vaelix

AEowynSP, AndAndAnd, Bruin, Chardonnay, Dirkdiggler, FrejaSP, Hattori Hanzo, insanepete, Kat, kelmo, Krystal, Lorddog, Max Blackoak, N49ATV, nightstalker22, OldAsTheHills, Sir Morder, Syrus of Gahd, Timothy_SP, Troop

Taken from the Poll about Removing Faction Arites and Only having Cursed arties on siege.. These are the people who Do not Run Faction gear.

I'm planning on building a Pure Imbue / Cursed Artie Suit.. Afterward, im challenging Every single person in that list there to fight me.

I Expect None.. of you to actually take me up on it though..

All of you say " :sad2: I'd PvP If there were no Faction Gear :sad2: "

Well heres your chance... Though as i said.. All those "Pretend PvPers" in that list will never pvp.. It doesnt Matter if theres Arties , Cursed Arties, Pure Imbued Suits, Or anything..

You all say You'll pvp If.......

But its never gonna happen.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
AEowynSP, AndAndAnd, Bruin, Chardonnay, Dirkdiggler, FrejaSP, Hattori Hanzo, insanepete, Kat, kelmo, Krystal, Lorddog, Max Blackoak, N49ATV, nightstalker22, OldAsTheHills, Sir Morder, Syrus of Gahd, Timothy_SP, Troop

Taken from the Poll about Removing Faction Arites and Only having Cursed arties on siege.. These are the people who Do not Run Faction gear.
That sound correct

I'm planning on building a Pure Imbue / Cursed Artie Suit.. Afterward, im challenging Every single person in that list there to fight me.

I Expect None.. of you to actually take me up on it though..

All of you say " :sad2: I'd PvP If there were no Faction Gear :sad2: "
Not sure we are saying that.
Most reason for me not doing much PvP at the moment is, I'm EU time and there is not many on.
I run a nice imbued suit, a nice bow (Siege blessed), no artifacts. I don't really try to build an uber suit but a useful suit I can affort replacing.

I don't think you really need an uber suit to fight me, as I'm al old woman and very rusty when it comes to PvP but I accept the challenge :p

Well heres your chance... Though as i said.. All those "Pretend PvPers" in that list will never pvp.. It doesnt Matter if theres Arties , Cursed Arties, Pure Imbued Suits, Or anything..

You all say You'll pvp If.......

But its never gonna happen.
I think half of the list will accept the challenge, some are pure PvM or thieves who rarely dress in better PvP gear.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Just breathe BR rolleyes:

I guess we all have different opinions on how we want to play the game. I guess since I do not need faction items to make it viable to play my template then they just aren't as important to me as those dependant on it.

In the meantime, I'll keep plugging along on Siege hoping that some form of Mythic classic shard arises from the ashes. Enjoy Darkfall, Atlantic and Great Lakes :)
Ok Kael. Obviously I touched a nerve with the truth since you needed to lie through your teeth in response. Good job on being petty when you don't get your way.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a classic shard too... but sadly, siege is not it.

This is not about differing opinions. It's about facts and very few are presented by your half of the argument.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
If that is true, why do people join factions for the gears?
If it's true, why can't we just remove the Farties
Farties are sold from NPC's, not farmed by the PvM'ers or crafted by the crafters. That's against the spirit of Siege!

Yes as we can lose it easy it need to be easy to replace and not only for one group.
And it should not come from NPC's.

I really have no idea if it is cheap or expensive and I'm not in faction.
I know most PvP'ers do not want to use alot of time for farming or crafting. However they do use time to farm silver now, that time could be used to farm gold or resources to trade for a ready to go suit brought from PC vendors.

A PK is a PvP'er who get his gold and resources from killing players instead of killing monsters.

Not all PK's goes for an easy target and not all so called PvP'ers goes for a fair fight.
Many PK's just like to play with others feelings. I had been killed of many PK's, who only killed me for the fight and not because they knew they could beat me or wanted my loot.

Except the last 2 months, I had been red all my time on Siege.
Why was I red? Why did I kill players who was not looking for a fight?
I was red for the challenge of having more enemies
I was red because I love, when someone get scared when they see me.
I killed players who was not looking for a fight because they however did choose Siege and love the kick they get when they get attacked.
I did kill for the RP and I would always res my victim and his only lose would be a little fame.
Now I know I may not be like most PK's but my victims do love me.

PvP = player vs Player, it have not anything to do with the color of the players or if they are ready for a fight.
You show you are willing to fight with being in faction, a PK show he is willing from being red. A blue on Siege is willing to fight or risk to die, else he would not be on Siege, however, he is not willing to fight/die everywhere, he want to be safe in towns.
Because you point out something, it do not mean it's correct, it's just your opinion like this is mine.
Explain it to them Freja...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
I believe we are damn tired of being told we have to join faction to PvP.
I should not have to be forced to join Faction to fight a faction player. I don't care if faction players get some rewards as long they do not give unfair advantage vs non faction players.
People on prodo shards don't need to join factions to PvP. Their non-faction gear does just fine against faction gear. If PvM on Siege wasn't broken, people on Siege wouldn't need to either.

Not much of what you say makes sense. No one needs to join factions to PvP... you people only feel like you do because monster loot is broken and you do not have access to the things that would allow you to compete.

Faction items are here to stay, just like item properties are here to stay. This is not a classic shard, nor will it ever be. It's got too much "new UO" infused into it. It cannot be undone... either we move forward with the rest of the game... or well, we all know what the alternative is.

Wake up.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Faction items are here to stay, just like item properties are here to stay. This is not a classic shard, nor will it ever be. It's got too much "new UO" infused into it. It cannot be undone... either we move forward with the rest of the game... or well, we all know what the alternative is.

Wake up.
Just like I was told over and over for years, stat loss on normal shard was there to stay, guess what, it's gone :p

H

Hugibear

Let me get this correct Freija you want access to better artis more often? I have a solution that is already in game, join factions. Risk VS Reward. You also say you dont get anything from killing a faction player. Gee you could sell them back there gear that is alot of goldies right there.

Stat loss wasnt an item, faction arties are items. They willnt remove these items, too many people would quit. The only items they changed where the blessed 7anny, which they gave people a soulstone for. I highly doubt they will give me a soulstone for my faction artis.

You want to be a pvmer than join factoins and farm silver. Great way to make money. Just becuase you join factions doesnt mean you have to pvp.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Yell all you want or reread my postes, the others too, until you understand my point.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Let me get this correct Freija you want access to better artis more often? I have a solution that is already in game, join factions. Risk VS Reward. You also say you dont get anything from killing a faction player. Gee you could sell them back there gear that is alot of goldies right there.

Stat loss wasnt an item, faction arties are items. They willnt remove these items, too many people would quit. The only items they changed where the blessed 7anny, which they gave people a soulstone for. I highly doubt they will give me a soulstone for my faction artis.

You want to be a pvmer than join factoins and farm silver. Great way to make money. Just becuase you join factions doesnt mean you have to pvp.
Factuions is great for a pvmer; faction runes for quick escapes, MI, and the arties allow you to build some nice PVM sutis as well. All of my pvm chars are factions for one or all of the above reasons; that and everyone I play with also has thier pvm chars factioned as well.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Ok Kael. Obviously I touched a nerve with the truth since you needed to lie through your teeth in response. Good job on being petty when you don't get your way.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a classic shard too... but sadly, siege is not it.

This is not about differing opinions. It's about facts and very few are presented by your half of the argument.
I beg to differ sir. The only "nerve" that you have struck with me is your annoying habit of breaking down and insulting everyone else's posts when they don't agree with your opinion.

Let's put it this way...only hardcore pvpers want the faction items. The rest do not. Most in objection feel they are easily obtained, account bound, cause untold drama and cetainly are overpowered compared to same artifacts. People are trying to look towards bettering the shard. If this is a major issue with players then perhaps it should be looked at. Obviously its an issue with factions are well. No one really plays them anymore on Siege.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
I beg to differ sir. The only "nerve" that you have struck with me is your annoying habit of breaking down and insulting everyone else's posts when they don't agree with your opinion.

Let's put it this way...only hardcore pvpers want the faction items. The rest do not. Most in objection feel they are easily obtained, account bound, cause untold drama and cetainly are overpowered compared to same artifacts. People are trying to look towards bettering the shard. If this is a major issue with players then perhaps it should be looked at. Obviously its an issue with factions are well. No one really plays them anymore on Siege.
Then why aren't prodo players complaining about how overpowered compared to the same artifacts they are?

Because they aren't.

Look. I could give a **** less about you people wanting faction items gone because it's not happening. You don't have the support.

Only thing I care about is monster loot and you ****s keep derailing the issue by trying to attach your bull**** to it. You want to people to believe youre bettering the shard by being selfish? hah. So tell ya what.

Either we bump up just monster loot or we don't.

Everything else is a moot point. Thanks!

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Course the production shards aren't complaining. Either the **** is insured or of course trammy guilds have a faction section for the cheap enhanced artifacts. To be in faction on prodo doesn't mean you have to play in fel sir.

Course for me the point is moot...i really could give a crap about whats going on Great Lakes. i don't play there.

Wake up...not everyone agrees with you

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Course the production shards aren't complaining. Either the **** is insured or of course trammy guilds have a faction section for the cheap enhanced artifacts. To be in faction on prodo doesn't mean you have to play in fel sir.

Course for me the point is moot...i really could give a crap about whats going on Great Lakes. i don't play there.

Wake up...not everyone agrees with you
Ya. People who aren't in factions don't PvP at all in Felucca on prodo.

rolleyes:

Risk versus Reward. Factions risk more, they get more reward. Nothing huge. Nothing imbalancing... but more. The problem on Siege is non-factioners don't have access to the counterparts.

Well either we move forward or we don't. Factions are here to stay, so either you get with the times or realize that ****s not going to get better and your sinking with the ship.

V

Vaelix

Btw, My Challenge isnt about who can beat who... Its about..

95% Of the people against Faction gear, Didnt PvP before Them, During them, And im 90% Sure wouldn't pvp after them..

Its about giving you all the the chance for this fabeled " No faction Gear " pvp wish that apparently... will make you all pvp daily (LoL!)

Heres the bottom line...

The people against faction gear are too afraid to lose expensive suits, They want to Hold on to their Tramilized items and refuse to Risk them via death.

There is NO difference between Farming Swoop for Totem of Void compared to Farming Silver Serpents for Primer Tali..

Or Farming Doom for X Artiy.. Compared to Farming Serps for X Artiy..

Even with faction gear gone.. The next :sad2: would be about cursed arties.. Then :sad2: Imbue is too good... Until you got everyone running around with..

0 Hci, 0 Dci, 0 FC/FCR, 70 All resist. Pure GM Armslore Suits.. THEN!!

"His Arms lore is too good!! :sad2: :sad2:" I cant compete because he has 70 Fire resist and I have 68!?! :sad2:

Frankly im sick of it...

"We wont pvp with faction gear but we will pvp with cursed arties"... Well heres your chance to prove it.. 90% Of you wont.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Btw, My Challenge isnt about who can beat who... Its about..

95% Of the people against Faction gear, Didnt PvP before Them, During them, And im 90% Sure wouldn't pvp after them..

Its about giving you all the the chance for this fabeled " No faction Gear " pvp wish that apparently... will make you all pvp daily (LoL!)

Heres the bottom line...

The people against faction gear are too afraid to lose expensive suits, They want to Hold on to their Tramilized items and refuse to Risk them via death.

There is NO difference between Farming Swoop for Totem of Void compared to Farming Silver Serpents for Primer Tali..

Or Farming Doom for X Artiy.. Compared to Farming Serps for X Artiy..

Even with faction gear gone.. The next :sad2: would be about cursed arties.. Then :sad2: Imbue is too good... Until you got everyone running around with..

0 Hci, 0 Dci, 0 FC/FCR, 70 All resist. Pure GM Armslore Suits.. THEN!!

"His Arms lore is too good!! :sad2: :sad2:" I cant compete because he has 70 Fire resist and I have 68!?! :sad2:

Frankly im sick of it...

"We wont pvp with faction gear but we will pvp with cursed arties"... Well heres your chance to prove it.. 90% Of you wont.

Very Nicely said. But dont waist your time. I've been playing here for 5 years now and Haven't seen half of those characters names in game before...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cant. I'm not home right now. Went to Ohio for the weekend! Be back monday!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
First, Vaelix, you're off base when you state that all those who voted against faction arties never wear them. Hattori does on most of his characters, Kat [tamer character] did too. I can't speak to the rest. Furthermore a number of those people do or have PvP'd in the past. I really love how you're trying to skew that... not.

The one thing you are somewhat correct about is the following:

Yes, they are and for good reason. The cost to replace or buyback a faction suit is in the 500k-mil range. [A non-factioner almost never gets the opportunity for a buyback even if its a nice imbued suit] Oh sure, your leet guild may not think twice about it, though I'm sure many aren't happy about it, but not everyone can afford that. Many may want to pvp or at least try it and to really compete with decent equipment, they need to be in factions... but can't afford those prices. Now, I'm certain that you or one of your guildies will come back and say that if those people cant afford it, they shouldn't take the field. My response to that is this: Do you want more PvP or don't you? Because ATM, there aren't enough people around to PvP much at all. Something has to change.

Here is my take... Faction arties cost way less on prodo and players lose roughly 10k per death there, with insurance. Here, faction arties are 5x the price plus imbued pieces, which bring up the total cost even more. At this point, I think a good tweak is also needed for ingredient drops, as well. The bottom line is: The price per suit, per death has to be brought into a more acceptable range in order to see more PvP around here. 25k - 50k per suit, IMO, would be an acceptable range... Hell, even 50-100k would be better than the current cost range. I'm not talking top tier suit, but a reasonably competitive suit that factioners and non factioners can afford.

With faction arties out of the equation and a permanent, constant supply of cursed arties implemented, a somewhat increased drop of non-cursed Doom arties [so you can siege bless certain items], everyone could be happy and reasonably well suited at a more acceptable price for all. The fact is, without insurance, once Siege became item based, our ability to equip should have been addressed years ago.

Now, beyond the standard cry of "I deserve better equipment because I'm in factions"... please tell me why that last paragraph isn't an acceptable alternative.

If you want more who are willing to PvP, something has to change and no amount of arguing is going to change that fact.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Ya. People who aren't in factions don't PvP at all in Felucca on prodo.

rolleyes:

Risk versus Reward. Factions risk more, they get more reward. Nothing huge. Nothing imbalancing... but more. The problem on Siege is non-factioners don't have access to the counterparts.

Well either we move forward or we don't. Factions are here to stay, so either you get with the times or realize that ****s not going to get better and your sinking with the ship.

Funny when I was on Atlantic...no one was in factions except one dedicated guild. Then came the "same as cursed arties" and it appears all the spawn pvp guilds are in.

Wonder why ?? rolleyes:

Factions was alot of fun for awhile until all the cry threads over "my" items started. BTW...how are the faction fights here on Siege these days???

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
No one really plays factions any more, they are just in factions. That will change soon I hope when the faction system gets the up coming overhaul.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Yes, they are and for good reason. The cost to replace or buyback a faction suit is in the 500k-mil range. [A non-factioner almost never gets the opportunity for a buyback even if its a nice imbued suit]

Many may want to pvp or at least try it and to really compete with decent equipment, they need to be in factions... but can't afford those prices. Now, I'm certain that you or one of your guildies will come back and say that if those people cant afford it, they shouldn't take the field.

A) You say non factioners never get their gear sold back. Well in factions the only thing that is sold back is the faction gear...because its unusable to everyone. Everything else is kept..Of course unless its evil/hero dyed and you cant use it. But the bottom line is. If you can use it, you keep it. Unfortunately for the non-factioner, everything is usuable by the opposing force. So they lose everything.

B) Its not a matter of them being able to "afford those prices." They can go back and farm more silver. If its a slow day, keep farming silver and make money.

Another thing. You say new people cannot afford to always buy back suits. If you are BRAND new, you DO NOT deserve the best items right from the get go. You need to work up, get established, make your money and then decide if you wanna pvp hardcore, or just be able to defend youself if you get attacked.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Vaelix, who are you ingame, char name?
I'm looking for my fight :)

V

Vaelix

I'll be on Skwisgar Skwigel, however i work Today Tomorrow and Monday from 6 - 2 PM EST.

I'll be building the Suit on Monday btw.. Im glad your actually considering fighting by the way..That was a huge surprise.

And Kat.. Some of that makes sense, some doesnt, however about the Price it costs to Run a Faction Suit...

I for one have NEVER had more than 10 Million on Siege, I've got 300K on ALL my characters right now, but somehow i never have trouble with Faction Suits.. Why is that? Because I Farm them for FREE!

V

Vaelix

With faction arties out of the equation and a permanent, constant supply of cursed arties implemented, a somewhat increased drop of non-cursed Doom arties [so you can siege bless certain items], everyone could be happy and reasonably well suited at a more acceptable price for all. The fact is, without insurance, once Siege became item based, our ability to equip should have been addressed years ago.
There is a Permanent, constant never ending supply, Faction arties..

But You people wanna run the suits without have the risk of being freely attackable everywhere.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
I'll be on Skwisgar Skwigel, however i work Today Tomorrow and Monday from 6 - 2 PM EST.

I'll be building the Suit on Monday btw.. Im glad your actually considering fighting by the way..That was a huge surprise.
Just come in your faction suit, I need to test my imbued suit vs faction :)

Believe it or not, I did PvP in the past, doubt I would had been able to join UDL if I did not PvP (One of Sieges most famed and strongest roleplaying PK guilds from the past)

I for one have NEVER had more than 10 Million on Siege, I've got 300K on ALL my characters right now, but somehow i never have trouble with Faction Suits.. Why is that? Because I Farm them for FREE!
SA had made me make more money, in the past, I rarely had more than max a few mills as I have an habit of giving to much away to someone who need and I never looted my victims unless they really pissed me off.

I'm not a hardcore PvP'er. I do best in small fights, I really sucks, when many are fighting on the screen at same time, guess that's why I like running alone.

I stopped PKing because I never see anyone around in my time zone and maybe I'm getting to nice on my old days :p
I start to like being blue as it's much easier to find a healer if I die to the spawn.

I had not been fighting the last 2 years, think I gave up because, even when I maybe could stay alive vs a faction suit for a while, I was not really able to do much damage vs a faction suit so why even try.

Now however, Tina Tink is 120 Imbuing and can make me a gm suit imbued with some MR, HPR, Luck, SR or what I need and make it 5x70. I can also make better jewelry than my old ones.

Only thing I really need now is more players on Siege :)

My ICQ is 7869331

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark

But You people wanna run the suits without have the risk of being freely attackable everywhere.
Until 2 months ago, I was red so I was freely attackable everywhere but I did not want the suit, I wanted my enemies without farties :)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
And comparing Faction Items to Blessed Arties from a Balance Perspective is just Nuts..

Blessed Items : 0 Gold to run once you've bought them.
Factions : 50K - 2m Each death.

With the Blessed Items i could Die lets say 15 Times and it would cost me nothing in those slots, Due to them being blessed.

However, lets say im running, Orny, Folded Steel, RBC, Feys, Crim, Cry Ring. 850K in gold Per Death.. If i Die 15 Times, thats roughly 12.7 Million Gold.
And Kat.. Some of that makes sense, some doesnt, however about the Price it costs to Run a Faction Suit...

Hmmm... Then you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which is it? You don't buy them back for free, nor do you make the imbued items for free.

First of all, I am in factions AND freely attackable everywhere. My argument is simply to bring things into balance for everyone. Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed, we are playing Siege. Everyone is freely attackable. Bringing the price for easonably competitive suits to a more acceptable price for everyone is my goal and a very reasonable request. It benefits everyone involved.

If you want more people to fight and more continuous fights, the ability to re-equip at a reasonable cost is key. Even as it stands now... Factioners fight each other, some die/lose suits, pvp stops for anywhere from 20-45 minutes where people try to find suits, pancake about locating items, pancake about who looted what and having to go from vendor to vendor looking for items, etc. I'm sorry... Faction items aren't conducive to balanced pvp, nor are they conducive to continuous and fun pvp. They are sucking the life out of the fun for everyone, including those of us who have to listen to the pancakes about it.

Time. For. Change.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
Quote:

I for one have NEVER had more than 10 Million on Siege, I've got 300K on ALL my characters right now, but somehow i never have trouble with Faction Suits.. Why is that? Because I Farm them for FREE!-Vaelix

Hmmm... Then you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which is it? You don't buy them back for free, nor do you make the imbued items for free.-Kat

Maybe it's because i only actually see him PvP when there's 5 or more guildmates huddling around him...

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Hmmm... Then you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which is it? You don't buy them back for free, nor do you make the imbued items for free.

First of all, I am in factions AND freely attackable everywhere. My argument is simply to bring things into balance for everyone. Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed, we are playing Siege. Everyone is freely attackable. Bringing the price for easonably competitive suits to a more acceptable level for everyone is my goal and a very reasonable request.

If you want more people to fight and more continuous fights, the ability to re-equip is key. Even as it stands now... Factioners fight each other, some die/lose suits, pvp stops for anywhere from 20-45 minutes where people try to find suits, pancake about locating items, pancake about who looted what and having to go from vendor to vendor looking for items, etc. I'm sorry... Faction items aren't conducive to balanced pvp, nor are they conducive to continuous and fun pvp. They are sucking the life out of the fun for everyone, including those of us who have to listen to the pancakes about it.

Time. For. Change.
You are confusing human actions with "game imbalance".

I'd be all for making faction arties the same cost as prodo; 1 hour farming per nice suit. Anyone could do it. Take the char bond off the things and maybe even make unable to be faction dyed.

The option is there if someone wants to take it. I don't see stat loss as too much of an issue since it usually takes me longer to requip here than it does for stat to burn.