• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mages, mages, and more mages

• Thread starter Alex the Gray
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Masumatek

1) Where the heck do you come up with if you have 70 resist and corpse brings it to down to 55 you might as well be toast? "Good luck staying alive." So basically, it's ok if something brings you down to 60 resist, since that something is a magery spell, but if something brings you down any resist below 60, it is insanely overpowered. This reminds me of people saying poison strike was overpowered because it could cast as fast as lightning...so the devs nerfed it, since as soon as any single spell compares to or is better than a magery spell, it is automatically overpowered....yah, whatever.

2) I didn't say you HAD to have 75-85 poison/fire resist. I said, at 85 resist, corpse skin is COMPLETELY worthless. It does absolutely NOTHING. In fact, it helps the opponent since it boosts physical and cold resist by 10. At 75 resist, corpse might as well be worthless when compared to curse, since all it does is bring fire/necro to sixty, while INCREASING cold and physical, whereas curse, for one mana less, brings ALL resists to 60, and does lowers str/int/dex significantly. And yet, corpse is overpowered and curse is just find eh?

3) Yes this is Siege...so what? Everyone can have all 60s resist. If they want to, they can wear higher resist armor. They can use shields with resist, weapons with resists, jewls with resists. They might have inscription...They can use reactive armor and magic reflect. Etc. Such things can easily bring poison/fire to 70+.

4) I'd rather have curse, an incredibly overpowered spell, then have corpse and sometimes slaughter people because they have crap resists and sometimes do [censored] damage to people because they have good resists. Speaking of people crap resists, I'm betting that number is going to increase a lot with all the cursed arties now and the upcoming stupid bod changes.

5) "mage has one debuff spell? curse"

Actually, curse is 4 debuffs dumped into one....talk about overpowered. Is it not? Clumsy, weaken, feeble mind + resists decrease. And you have others too. You also have buffs...bless/magic reflect/reactive armor, which necro has none of, unless you count forms, all of which have significant disadvantages.

6) "where as necro has TONS of debuff spells"

Ok. We have a few. So what? What does "we have many debuff spells" mean btw? It means [censored] that doesn't belong in the game, such as remove curse apples, and remove curse talismen...hurts us a helluva lot more than it hurts mages. It means the chivalry remove curse spell, which is insanely overpowered considering its costs, hurts us a helluva lot more than it hurts mages. Plus, corpse skin can be made worthless. Strangle damage doesn't do much at all if people use one of what seems like a billion ways to regen/refresh stamina. Blood oathe, according to you, just got a huge nerf. And ALL necro curses are affected by the resist skill. Ok. Now, what else do we have? HRmm......direct damage spells, yay!!! Oh look, all we have is two. BOTH of which you can't use in town. One of which you have to be near someone to use. And wither's damage is actually REDUCED by necromancy's corpse skin since corpse skin boosts cold and physical resist. Poison strike is the other direct damage spell. And its damage has been nerfed. And its casting time has been nerfed. And it relies on corpse skin to do significant damage, and corpse skin relies on people not being able to stack resists, which they can. And yet, how many damage spells does magery have again? How many more spells in general does magery have?

Want to do more comparisons? How about you can dispel, we can't. How about you have superior healing? How about you can cure and we can't cure at all? And so much more.

And yet, AGAIN, your complaint isn't just necros, who are [censored] templates by themself, but with necro-mages, who, you refuse to nerf by asking for a removal of the -mage weapon mod. And why? So you can keep it for non-necro-mage templates and continue to avoid having to get weapon skill/wrestling/anatomy.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

can corpse skin be resisted? can omen be resisted? no! but mana vamp/mana drain can be....

[/ QUOTE ]

Resist reduces the duration of necro debuffs. And for strangle, it reduces its damage.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

why would anyone use any other debuffs then curse inless you trying to interupt spells bein cast? mana drain/mana vamp? pfft get resist? no resist? too bad....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. OK. Get 70+ fire/poison resist. Don't want to? Too bad.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

umm necros are not at all overpowerd with HIGH RESISt aka all 70s+ if you dont have that you will have a very hard time no matter which template,now with that said you play HERE ON SEIGE where everyone has a very hard time trying to keep 75+ fire and poison just to counter necros if we had insurance then yes necros are not in anyway over powerd but on seige here good luck trying to stay alive with 55 fire and poison EVEN AFTER corpse skin.... and curse brings resist down to 60s resist not 55! or lower! so ya on seige NECROS ARE OVERPOWERD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's only a siege problem, cause where I play on tram shards, no one fears necros at all, in fact, they're quite comical.

But on siege, before the weapons change, they were rightr up there with tamers, and not to mention the few that were dp necroer's... hello Goodguy and Tolliver

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

necros are as nerfed as they possibly can get. they are meant to be offensive.

mages are supposed to be what they are.

the reason is because the player has entire control over how the character plays.

that's the point.

dexers are not because they are based on numbers... always. that's why chivalry (4/6 casting) with a high mana pool requires no timing what-so-ever to do.

on regular shards, its almost as much the suit as it is the player in order to pvp.

Here it's a bit more talent than numbers believe it or not... which is what UO PvP has remained classically... always about.

now quite pancakes... we need to fix PvM and loot drops.

I

imported_mo'gluk

I would like to see a nice equality in 2 styles of templates the spellcaster and the fighter.... but I don't see taht happening...

M

Masumatek

"necros are as nerfed as they possibly can get"

As much as I'd like to believe this, trust me, they aren't. The people on uhall complain all of the following is overpowered:

pain spike, evil omen, corpse skin, poison strike, blood oathe, strangle, vamp form

And we all know the devs listen to the uhall trammies...so necro is far from "as nerfed as it can get"

U

uomlplayer

1) Where the heck do you come up with if you have 70 resist and corpse brings it to down to 55 you might as well be toast? "Good luck staying alive." So basically, it's ok if something brings you down to 60 resist, since that something is a magery spell, but if something brings you down any resist below 60, it is insanely overpowered. This reminds me of people saying poison strike was overpowered because it could cast as fast as lightning...so the devs nerfed it, since as soon as any single spell compares to or is better than a magery spell, it is automatically overpowered....yah, whatever.

2) I didn't say you HAD to have 75-85 poison/fire resist. I said, at 85 resist, corpse skin is COMPLETELY worthless. It does absolutely NOTHING. In fact, it helps the opponent since it boosts physical and cold resist by 10. At 75 resist, corpse might as well be worthless when compared to curse, since all it does is bring fire/necro to sixty, while INCREASING cold and physical, whereas curse, for one mana less, brings ALL resists to 60, and does lowers str/int/dex significantly. And yet, corpse is overpowered and curse is just find eh?

3) Yes this is Siege...so what? Everyone can have all 60s resist. If they want to, they can wear higher resist armor. They can use shields with resist, weapons with resists, jewls with resists. They might have inscription...They can use reactive armor and magic reflect. Etc. Such things can easily bring poison/fire to 70+.

4) I'd rather have curse, an incredibly overpowered spell, then have corpse and sometimes slaughter people because they have crap resists and sometimes do [censored] damage to people because they have good resists. Speaking of people crap resists, I'm betting that number is going to increase a lot with all the cursed arties now and the upcoming stupid bod changes.

5) "mage has one debuff spell? curse"

Actually, curse is 4 debuffs dumped into one....talk about overpowered. Is it not? Clumsy, weaken, feeble mind + resists decrease. And you have others too. You also have buffs...bless/magic reflect/reactive armor, which necro has none of, unless you count forms, all of which have significant disadvantages.

6) "where as necro has TONS of debuff spells"

Ok. We have a few. So what? What does "we have many debuff spells" mean btw? It means [censored] that doesn't belong in the game, such as remove curse apples, and remove curse talismen...hurts us a helluva lot more than it hurts mages. It means the chivalry remove curse spell, which is insanely overpowered considering its costs, hurts us a helluva lot more than it hurts mages. Plus, corpse skin can be made worthless. Strangle damage doesn't do much at all if people use one of what seems like a billion ways to regen/refresh stamina. Blood oathe, according to you, just got a huge nerf. And ALL necro curses are affected by the resist skill. Ok. Now, what else do we have? HRmm......direct damage spells, yay!!! Oh look, all we have is two. BOTH of which you can't use in town. One of which you have to be near someone to use. And wither's damage is actually REDUCED by necromancy's corpse skin since corpse skin boosts cold and physical resist. Poison strike is the other direct damage spell. And its damage has been nerfed. And its casting time has been nerfed. And it relies on corpse skin to do significant damage, and corpse skin relies on people not being able to stack resists, which they can. And yet, how many damage spells does magery have again? How many more spells in general does magery have?

Want to do more comparisons? How about you can dispel, we can't. How about you have superior healing? How about you can cure and we can't cure at all? And so much more.

And yet, AGAIN, your complaint isn't just necros, who are [censored] templates by themself, but with necro-mages, who, you refuse to nerf by asking for a removal of the -mage weapon mod. And why? So you can keep it for non-necro-mage templates and continue to avoid having to get weapon skill/wrestling/anatomy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We seek to improve your quality of life! BORG

Post Extras:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) umm obvioulsy you have no clue how 55 resist compares to 60 ,and no i wasnt saying it was ok for magery but i was simply trying to point out to you its just as stupid where you are trying to say mages are overpowerd as to me saying necros are overpowerd get it now?

2) ok so make it if you have 2 resist in 85 then curse will be negated? i have NO trouble with this cause we all know how easy it is for us to get these kinds of resist rofl.

3) yes anyone can have 60 resist,and higher if they wanted too but how long can they keep it up? how many suits can they make to fight everytime? and NOT just mages can cast refelct ect... ever heard of scrolls? dexters use it all the time....

4)curse is no more powerfull than corpse skin,curse brings all elemental resist down to 60 and can go no further down thats why most people only run in all 60s suit and futher more it reduces stat points but that can be lessened if you have resist, corpse skin on the other hand no matter what resist you have on it will bring it down 15 points in fire and poison, that being said corpse is actually better than curse if you have magic resist but on the other hand even if you have magic resist and low elemental resist your still screwd.

its about even at this point but when you factor in your playing on seige and no insurance you will have a tougher time dealing with corpse skin than curse because most people have magicresist on thier template,and is easier to get all 60s resist than 70 or 85 in fire and poison and others in 60s,so when everyone who wears 60s resist gets corpse skined it becomes 45 now with 45 fire resist i dont care what template your running you have a hell of a time trying to fight the necro.

in conclusion id rather have corpse skin than curse when playing on seige.

5)4 debuffs in one doesnt even compare to the one necro spell corpse skin lol.
the buffs are just as good as forms,vamp form? wraith? sure thiers disadavtanges but those can be overcome easily also.

6)the things you've mention hurts mages alot too,no? we have to waste mana too if people remove curse ,and also mages dont have a wepon where they can swing and hit people when they run outta mana due to these things,so would you want to be a mage that have to sit there and try to heal with low mana and try to live untill you reagin mana or a necro dexter where you can make use of your wep while you replenish mana?

we have superior healing? necros dont? they have have bandages going? ever heard of curse wep? ever use SS which heals through POISON? and of course we know you guys never use pots... and again like i said im all for removing the mage wep mod if necros have to use the spellchanneling mod to cast spell to use a wep.

i dont know how you can call yourself a dexter when you have never heard of the mod hit dispel? on a wep? maybe JUST MAYBE you guys can use one of those 5 mods for a hit dispel mod? just an idea.

i dont know how you can sit there with these horrible exscuses to nerf one template but when the template YOUR PLAYING is just as horrible....

U

uomlplayer

LOL. OK. Get 70+ fire/poison resist. Don't want to? Too bad.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXACTLY SO STOP WHINING ABOUT CURSE THEN

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

what are you talking about?

i sometimes get a little shook out there against some of the dexers... you even saw Halex win the tournament (whens the next one btw?)

dexers are dexers... people just dont realize how they supplement the template... often opting for hiding stealth and not getting it.

you can't have it all... and neither can I

U

uomlplayer

As much as I'd like to believe this, trust me, they aren't. The people on uhall complain all of the following is overpowered:

pain spike, evil omen, corpse skin, poison strike, blood oathe, strangle, vamp form

And we all know the devs listen to the uhall trammies...so necro is far from "as nerfed as it can get"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we all know these spells are worthless thats why so many of us use it

A

AntiOTF

His point is, any usefull spell that necros have, people cry they're overpowered.

U

uomlplayer

His point is, any usefull spell that necros have, people cry they're overpowered.
His point is, any usefull spell that mages have, people cry they're overpowerd.

there fixed it for ya

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont know if it was said but, every spell should cost some kind of a regeant.

just my2 cents. that is what i mean by spellweaving/chivalry in my earlier post.

looks like this is turning out to be a good one

IBTL? I dont know maybe

A

Alex the Gray

this is news to me. Wither DOESN'T effect stealthers? Or did i read you wrong?

A

Alex the Gray

PLZ!!!
*excuse me nerf-herder- I just picked on your post cuz it was convenient!*
I was looking to get an intelligent discussion about the advantages and disadvantages of playinbg a mage/
I see some pretty nice perks and pros for this template.

Some may disagree.

But plz lets keep this all a civil agree/disagree discussion about these opinions. Nothing will ever get worked out to our satisfaction bickering and fighting.
It MIGHT if we can all agree, disagree, or even agree that we disagree.
But please, lets all keep it civil and workable.

A

AntiOTF

How bout this.....

Kyrss
SCNP
-0 warrior skill weapon
+15 hci
50 di
30 ssi

Now this would give the warrior 120 magery skill, so we too can have 840 skill points. Sound fair to you?

U

uomlplayer

How bout this.....

Kyrss
SCNP
-0 warrior skill weapon
+15 hci
50 di
30 ssi

Now this would give the warrior 120 magery skill, so we too can have 840 skill points. Sound fair to you?

how would such a wepon work? if i understand correctly you need a skill to stand in for the - wep skill? and further more i have no prob if such a wep was implemented cause you cant use specs without a real wep skill and if this was true i can still use any other skill with such a wep on a mage too

*editd* are you really a dexter if you dont use a wep skill? lol

U

uomlplayer

Kyrss
SCNP
-0 warrior skill weapon
+15 hci
50 di
30 ssi
I like how it is a 1 handed wep also good addition cheapsuit

M

Masumatek

Wither doesn't affect stealthers. It used to...but it was nerfed. Oh, speaking of which, that's another thing mages have, no az? Multiple ways of detecting stealth...

M

Masumatek

I still don't understand why you oppose removal of the -mage weapon mod. True there would still be a few necro-mages, but most of them would go poof. That is what you are complaining about. So you obviously want the -mage weapon mod to stay so you can choose to avoid having to get a weapon skill, wrestling, or anatomy on a mage template. And your excuse is....???? Weapons require spell channeling to use for mages? That's a pretty poor excuse. Seeing as you still have wrestling, which is basically almost just for mages. It's useless for warriors. And while necros can use it, it's not going to be nearly as helpful to necros as it is to a mage. You also have anatomy + eval combination for evasion, which is something NO one else can have...only mages. And, while you may require sc on a weapon, but running other templates you can use an additional item slot that others can't: spellbooks. I still don't see why you oppose removal of the -mage weapon mod. It is quite obviously overpowered being able to completely avoid having to invest actual skill points into evasion and instead bam, you get full evasion just because you have magery.

U

uomlplayer

your exscuse for the removal of mage wep is no more than mine for necros needing sc mod to cast spells with wep? why dont you understand that? why are you against having to use up 2 mods for scnp? instead of using uber 5 mod max itensity ONE HANDED WEPS? you tell me mas.... necros also evade having to use up 2 mods outta 5 to cast with wep in hand , so whats your point again?

U

uomlplayer

And, while you may require sc on a weapon, but running other templates you can use an additional item slot that others can't: spellbooks.

key word there is "running other templates" you too can "run other tamplates" and use same spell book whos stopping you?

M

Masumatek

Actually, my "excuse" isn't necromancy. I was just pointing out that the number of necro-mages, a template you are complaining about, would sharply decline if -mage weapon didn't exist. It is not obvious that this template, just like mage templates, is so powerful BECAUSE of the fact that it can cram so many skills in BECAUSE it can get full evasion without any skill points?

But no, I would ask for the -mage weapon to be removed even if necro-mages didn't exist. It's just as overpowered as giving an archer some item and saying hey, you no longer need archery with this cool item, go spend those 120 points somewhere else. Or allowing ITEMS to replace the magic resist skill, so people have much less reason to get it, making their template overpowered since they no longer suffer the disadvantages against casters that they did before because of ITEMS. Items make so much in this game imbalanced. And item mods like -mage weapon are at the top of the list.

"why are you against having to use up 2 mods for scnp"

You can still use a weapon with just fc-1, so that's only one mod. And yah it takes two for no penalty. SCNP weapons really aren't hard to find and can easily be used as inexpensive throwaways, so why are you complaining?

Oh, and I have a theory as to why the devs made it so mages using weapons need sc and scnp if they don't want the penalty...could it be because if this wasn't the case, hybrid mages would be overpowered? Mages can do fine without a weapon skill. They can do fine with wrestling or even anatomy. They do not NEED a weapon skill at all. But give mages the power of a weapon skill, without which they do fine anyway, and maybe they have too much power? So the devs added in sc-1 and scnp to counteract this power and impose some penalty for its use....kinda like how vamp form gets -25 fire resist and inability to use garlic spells (without taking damage) and cure potions to counteract its power....?

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

And, while you may require sc on a weapon, but running other templates you can use an additional item slot that others can't: spellbooks.

key word there is "running other templates" you too can "run other tamplates" and use same spell book whos stopping you?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that spell books disproportionately favor mages? I know of only ONE necro who doesn't have magery that uses a spellbook. I know of NO warriors who use spell books. I wonder why...no, I know why. It's because the spellbook item slot is basically just for mages.

But that was just part of my argument. Even if the spellbook slot didn't exist, -mage weapon would still be overpowered.

U

uomlplayer

you comparing mage wep to 120 wep skill is like me comparing hit spell on a wep thats equal to gm magery and eval, its just dumb where does it end? see what i mean?

U

uomlplayer

no where does it say only mages can use spellbooks? a ncero with wrestling can also use the spell book? so is that "overpowerd"? should we do away with spell books also?

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

and hello last time i check the only good scnp -0 weps are 2 handers,thats the penalty for using mage wep you cant use pots which is a big disadvantage maybe we should say necros or any other template that casts spells and want to cast spells without sc mod they can only with 2 handed weps?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if you can't use pots? You gain such incredible power, it doesn't matter. And you of all people should know that you CAN use pots, and you DO use pots. All you do is get a one-handed mage weapon with -21 or -20 skill instead of one of the staff arties...and then bam, potions.

How about this? I think we should add a new bow special that has a chance to auto-kill the opponent in one hit. Yah man, it might SEEM overpowered.... But this simply isn't the case, since when using this bow, you can't equip jewls.....

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

no where does it say only mages can use spellbooks? a ncero with wrestling can also use the spell book? so is that "overpowerd"? should we do away with spell books also?

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't reading my posts closely enough. A necro with wrestling using spellbooks doesn't come close to comparing to a mage using spell books. Why? Because mages are have much much much much much much much more power without the use of weapons than does a necro with wrestling....

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

you comparing mage wep to 120 wep skill is like me comparing hit spell on a wep thats equal to gm magery and eval, its just dumb where does it end? see what i mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no it's not. Being able to avoid having to invest in evasion doesn't compare to a hit spell effect that sometimes goes off. Though I never said I agreed with hit spell effects either....but it should be obvious which is more overpowered, and the answer is -mage weapons.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

we all know these spells are worthless thats why so many of us use it

[/ QUOTE ]

Right...so because a necro spell can be useful, you think it's overpowered???

U

uomlplayer

So what if you can't use pots? You gain such incredible power, it doesn't matter. And you of all people should know that you CAN use pots, and you DO use pots. All you do is get a one-handed mage weapon with -21 or -20 skill instead of one of the staff arties...and then bam, potions.

How about this? I think we should add a new bow special that has a chance to auto-kill the opponent in one hit. Yah man, it might SEEM overpowered.... But this simply isn't the case, since when using this bow, you can't equip jewls.....
oh ya! necro mages are so powerfull when euqiped with a 2 hander staff its crazy! i mean when poisoned i can just chug pots and everything!

even when i use a mage wep-21 wep and can chug most dexters can ripp me to pieces if they equiped right too, yes i know how dare use use the best things thats avalible to us we should just be able to kill anyone no matter what! thats why when most people who run these "overpowerd" templates and die to a gank they lose ALOT? but thats thier choice, after all its AOS?, but no! we should all just run around naked then its FAIR!!!!

U

uomlplayer

Um, no it's not. Being able to avoid having to invest in evasion doesn't compare to a hit spell effect that sometimes goes off. Though I never said I agreed with hit spell effects either....but it should be obvious which is more overpowered, and the answer is -mage weapons.
why isnt it comparable? when i "sometimes evade melle attacks"? as to when you "sometimes' get the hit spell effect? esp combine with other mods such as HLD? AND HCI? where you can HVE ALL THOSE ON SAME WEP? obviously you dont know which is more overpowerd....

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

oh ya! necro mages are so powerfull when euqiped with a 2 hander staff its crazy! i mean when poisoned i can just chug pots and everything!

even when i use a mage wep-21 wep and can chug most dexters can ripp me to pieces if they equiped right too, yes i know how dare use use the best things thats avalible to us we should just be able to kill anyone no matter what! thats why when most people who run these "overpowerd" templates and die to a gank they lose ALOT? but thats thier choice, after all its AOS?, but no! we should all just run around naked then its FAIR!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wth? You've lost me. You're being contradictory. You've been complaining about necro-mages being overpowered...yet you are now defending them by saying they can't use potions or if they do they have to have lower evasion so they get hit more?

Which is it?

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

why isnt it comparable? when i "sometimes evade melle attacks"? as to when you "sometimes' get the hit spell effect? esp combine with other mods such as HLD? AND HCI? where you can HVE ALL THOSE ON SAME WEP? obviously you dont know which is more overpowerd....

[/ QUOTE ]

You just keep throwing it more off subject. I never said I agreed with HLD or HCI either. Or dci or hla, which can actually be used to counter those mods....and you'd have more slots to do so if you weren't spending it on -mage weapons.....But yes, if you're going to ask me, which is more overpowered, hla, or -mage weapons...the answer is definitely -mage weapon. Should either mod exist? No. And I never said hld and hci should....

U

uomlplayer

Right...so because a necro spell can be useful, you think it's overpowered???

i never said i thought it was overpowerd,i was just trying to be sarcastic to you because i think its funny everything thats comes from you is nerf this! nerf that! why dont you just go play a free shard and make yourself happier cause it doesnt seem anything will make you happy in todays uo.

U

uomlplayer

You just keep throwing it more off subject. I never said I agreed with HLD or HCI either. Or dci or hla, which can actually be used to counter those mods....and you'd have more slots to do so if you weren't spending it on -mage weapons.....But yes, if you're going to ask me, which is more overpowered, hla, or -mage weapons...the answer is definitely -mage weapon. Should either mod exist? No. And I never said hld and hci should....
how am i going off topic? seems like you cant comprehend that it is same kind of BS that you are trying to compare,just like me...and tell me how would i have more slots to counter these mods?

U

uomlplayer

You aren't reading my posts closely enough. A necro with wrestling using spellbooks doesn't come close to comparing to a mage using spell books. Why? Because mages are have much much much much much much much more power without the use of weapons than does a necro with wrestling....
ok so a necro with wrestling is not as powerful as mage? how about a ncero using a uber one handed wep against a mage how is that? you must think the necro dexter is still underpowerd eh? lol

U

uomlplayer

Like your opinion on mage weapons.
LOL? im sure you can find the answers in my posts?

A

AntiOTF

No matter what is more powerful than what, 840 skill points is the only thing worst than "all kill", when it comes to balance. How can you justify having 120 more skill points than me?

U

uomlplayer

is it really 120 skill more than you? its only a deffence mod? that comes with a hefty penalty? i can say the same about yuor weps? how can you justify have all those mods on the same wep?

A

AntiOTF

Yes it's 120 skill points when you can swing that staff of magi/pyro just as accurately as a legendary fencer swinging a spear. And while having 0 points invested in macing.

U

uomlplayer

Yes it's 120 skill points when you can swing that staff of magi/pyro just as accurately as a legendary fencer swinging a spear.
ok for arguements sake lets say we drop the mage wep mod so now necro mages arent overpowerd, how can you justify your wep being able to shoot fireballs or whatever without any skill invested in magery? shall we nerf that next?

G

you realize you stand on very very thin ice trying to argue that the -0 mageweapon property isnt extremely powerful compared to other mods?