• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck Suit Swapping EC v CC

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Guys i dont understand your Problem...

First of all, all CC User complain about grafix on EC. Really? They look both ****ty as hell if you know what grafix can be today.

Second. You complain about that the EC have so much benefits like 2suits etc.
Well you can also use 2 suits in CC. Hide yourself and switch it.

Third. No body stop you from using EC beside yourself. So. Do you want to switch suit instant? Use EC. Do you want huge play window? Use EC. Its your choice.

Finally what looks a bit crappy in EC is dungeon floor and you riding pets. I admit that. Will it stop me using EC with pinco? Never.

Will this game get New players with that grafix. Never

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Devs need to send New Players to the CC so they get a good looking working client to learn the game with instead of the EC that looks worse than the CC and has all kinds of problems as mentioned all over these forums. They likely currently download the :cheerleader:Enhanced!!!:cheerleader: client and see how bad it looks and run across it's problems and write off UO as a poorly made game and move on to another game. Using the CC as they start playing would likely keep them playing long enough to get into the game and enjoy it.
I smell BS.

They will also run away with CC

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I smell BS.

They will also run away with CC
Of course it is. The whole post is only meant to poorly provoke EC players. Thinking of standard CC w/o UOA and stuff as user friendly could well be a case of Stockholm syndrome ;)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is unfair in the sense that a tool/hot key bar could be added to the classic client and they refuse to do it. And they could add that functionality to the CC, but they chose not too.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perspective. I disagree.

They could put the functionality into the classic client, but choose not too--- for whatever reason. That makes it unfair.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perspective. I disagree.

They could put the functionality into the classic client, but choose not too--- for whatever reason. That makes it unfair.
The reason is that all that work has already been done, and it would be silly to redo already done work instead of moving the game forward with new bug fixes, new content and new systems. If they had a 40 person team... sure, have a few work on tweaking the CC, but they don't. Gotta move forward.

It would only be unfair if the more functional client weren't equally available to everyone. If the increased functionality of the EC is a game breaker, then you should switch clients, because they aren't going to update the CC. We all have to choose whether we prioritize form or function.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would only be unfair if the more functional client weren't equally available to everyone. If the increased functionality of the EC is a game breaker, then you should switch clients, because they aren't going to update the CC. We all have to choose whether we prioritize form or function.
The more 'functional' client as you call it is also full of problems mentioned all over these forums. If their going to keep on trying to force us to switch to the fubar thing, they need to get it working well first or just send the thing the way of the Third Dawn client. All we CC users want is a decent looking client that works well, why we're still using the CC.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason is that all that work has already been done, and it would be silly to redo already done work instead of moving the game forward with new bug fixes, new content and new systems. If they had a 40 person team... sure, have a few work on tweaking the CC, but they don't. Gotta move forward.

Sorry, but this is a failed line of thinking. The EC is FULL of issues, things that don't work in the EC, but work fine in the CC. Are you saying none of those things should be fixed? Just move forward.

As long as there are two clients, both need to be supported. I promise there are just as many people who would say scrap the EC and do ALL the work on the CC as there are in reverse.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more 'functional' client as you call it is also full of problems mentioned all over these forums. If their going to keep on trying to force us to switch to the fubar thing, they need to get it working well first or just send the thing the way of the Third Dawn client. All we CC users want is a decent looking client that works well, why we're still using the CC.
I'm a CC user as well, I just accept it is what it is.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, but this is a failed line of thinking. The EC is FULL of issues, things that don't work in the EC, but work fine in the CC. Are you saying none of those things should be fixed? Just move forward.

As long as there are two clients, both need to be supported. I promise there are just as many people who would say scrap the EC and do ALL the work on the CC as there are in reverse.
No they should be fixed, because the EC is the current client, that's what I'm saying.

I think people need to accept that there's a reason they made a modern client... because the CC is a pita to work with, and modernizing a super old client is so much harder than just making a new one.
If anything I think people would be better served trying to encourage graphic improvement on the EC than altering the CC to work like the EC, because it's a much simpler technical task, though I would imagine equally unlikely.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No they should be fixed, because the EC is the current client, that's what I'm saying.

I think people need to accept that there's a reason they made a modern client... because the CC is a pita to work with, and modernizing a super old client is so much harder than just making a new one.
I think people need to accept there is a reason why the CC is still here after 10+ years of having the "modern" client. As I said before... as long as there is two clients, both should be supported.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think people need to accept there is a reason why the CC is still here after 10+ years of having the "modern" client. As I said before... as long as there is two clients, both should be supported.
It's here because the EC has crap graphics, that's it. Supporting two clients is a waste of very limited resources.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's here because the EC has crap graphics, that's it. Supporting two clients is a waste of very limited resources.
Again... the fact that both are still here undercuts that argument. Clearly the powers that be have realized that eliminating one of them would do more harm than good.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again... the fact that both are still here undercuts that argument. Clearly the powers that be have realized that eliminating one of them would do more harm than good.
How does that undercut the argument? Is there a debate about resources being limited? Is there a debate that the vast majority of the CC user use it because of the visuals?

When did eliminating a client come into the discussion?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's here as well because the EC was poorly made and is full of problems, let's not forget that's well commented on by EC users who complain about all the things that don't work right in the EC.

If they're going to succeed in getting us CC users to use the EC, they got to make the EC work as well as the CC does. We won't do it otherwise.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i mean i do switch to the ec from time to time like most cc players only for the colour id feautere...maybe this is were the supposed ec numbers come from.... the only players im guessing is the instant pvp speeder folks....just saying... uo pvp is deffo ec based only due to the 200/300% speeder effect

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's here as well because the EC was poorly made and is full of problems, let's not forget that's well commented on by EC users who complain about all the things that don't work right in the EC.

If they're going to succeed in getting us CC users to use the EC, they got to make the EC work as well as the CC does. We won't do it otherwise.
While I think the EC bugs are being dramatically overstated (primarily by people who haven't experienced them being CC users) I absolutely agree they should keep working on the EC in all aspects.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
What problems with the EC?

I have absolutely no problems with the EC, and I'm not using Pinco's Bloated UI either.

I have zero problems...zilch.

The only problem with the EC client is the graphics, why are the graphics a problem? Because they're taken right out of the CC.

Everything wrong with UO goes right back to the fossil of a client ...the Crap client.

I certainly advocate dropping any support whatsoever for the CC client... for good.

This is what they wanted to do 5+ years ago, and it was the right idea.

Unfortunately for UO...those in charge of the game are also jurassics which is why UO will continue it's downward spiral.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
They haven't been working on the CC for many years.
They're still supporting it. CC client gets new content.

I don't mind that they keep the CC client available to those who want to live in a technical stone age. Hell they can even log in for free under that client.

But no new content, no support, no bug fixes etc...

That was the idea back when KR was introduced, and it was the right idea.

Resources should have spent on trying to attract new players, rather than trying to appease jurassics who are too set in their ways, and won't switch regardless.

If UO had Titan Quest Engine and Graphicss, the jurassics still wouldn't switch. They'd cry "foul", and that this isn't the "feel of UO."

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resources should have spent on trying to attract new players, rather than trying to appease jurassics who are too set in their ways, and won't switch regardless.
If the Devs should be spending resources trying to attract new players, why are they hanging onto and dumping man-hours into the EC which is poorly done with things not working? How long will those EC fans keep the Devs wasting resources on the latest new clunker client because they babble it's "this century, latest and *cough* greatest ever and ever, etc, etc". Who knows ... *sigh*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're still supporting it. CC client gets new content.

I don't mind that they keep the CC client available to those who want to live in a technical stone age. Hell they can even log in for free under that client.

But no new content, no support, no bug fixes etc...

That was the idea back when KR was introduced, and it was the right idea.

If UO had Titan Quest Engine and Graphicss, the jurassics still wouldn't switch. They'd cry "foul", and that this isn't the "feel of UO."
You realize they would have to do extra work to keep content off the CC right? They do the work and the both clients which both have the ability to allow you to interact with the work, do so. That would be a silly waste of time and effort.

Can you drop the "jurassics" nonsense? Or at least limit yourself to one use per post? It's unnecessary.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If the Devs should be spending resources trying to attract new players, why are they hanging onto and dumping man-hours into the EC which is poorly done with things not working? How long will those EC fans keep the Devs wasting resources on the latest new clunker client because they babble it's "this century, latest and *cough* greatest ever and ever, etc, etc". Who knows ... *sigh*
EC is gamebryo that's why...

Go look at all the games that are built on that game engine.

Devs haven't even tapped the surface of what the gamebryo engine can do, and probably never will because the resources simply aren't there, nor will they ever be.

But that doesn't change the fact that all the ills of the EC client can be laid directly at the door step of the Crap Client, and continued support of it.

The Devs are absolute fools as far as I'm conerned.

You have this immensely powerful game engine, and you try to mimic an archaic client that looks and functions like hell.

You realize they would have to do extra work to keep content off the CC right?
How do you figure that..."Oh such as such isn't working in the CC client"....oh well too bad, so sad, better load the client that works, and actually has a chance of attracting new players, and prolonging the Ultima Franchise.

Can you drop the "jurassics" nonsense? Or at least limit yourself to one use per post? It's unnecessary.
:lol:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you figure that..."Oh such as such isn't working in the CC client"....oh well too bad, so sad, better load the client that works, and actually has a chance of attracting new players, and prolonging the Ultima Franchise.
They don't write two sets of code for content one for each client. Both clients are allowing you to access the code. If you wanted to keep content out of one client you would have to go to a lot of trouble to code that in.

They aren't doing extra work to allow things to appear in the CC.

The only time the CC is getting is possibly game breaking bug fixes, but I think that's pretty dang uncommon.

Go look at all the games that are built on that game engine.

Devs haven't even tapped the surface of what the gamebryo engine can do, and probably never will because the resources simply aren't there, nor will they ever be.
Like I said to you in the other post, you are asking for a ton when you seem to think you aren't asking for anything. You keep bringing up Titan Quest to convert UO to something similar to TQ would require an absurd amount of work, not to mention a whole new set of art, get over it, this isn't going to happen. It would take longer and cost more than making a new game.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... so sad, better load the client that works, and actually has a chance of attracting new players, and prolonging the Ultima Franchise.
So practice what you preach, load the client that works and has a chance of keeping new players because it lacks the EC's faults , the CC. You don't see numerous posts complaining about CC in these forums like you do for the EC champ.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Oh for a second there I thought this thread was about the jurassics complaining about the CC, because they want to be like the EC.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh for a second there I thought this thread was about the jurassics complaining about the CC, because they want to be like the EC.
I'd like the EC to be like the CC, working well, ya know. :)

They unsnafu the EC nearly completely and there could be less Jurassics playing UO, we'd switch to the EC for it's neat bells & whistles.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like the EC to be like the CC, working well, ya know. :)

They unsnafu the EC nearly completely and there could be less Jurassics playing UO, we'd switch to the EC for it's neat bells & whistles.
I really don't think the EC has all that many issues, certainly not serious ones. You act like its crashing left and right, which is inaccurate.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The EC rarely crashes.... sometimes if you are going one way and quickly double back over yourself it crashes... If you are at an EM event and they spam that blasted thing Corgul does with the fire blast that goes out in circles that will sometimes crash the client depending on how many people are nearby... put TWO of those bosses in a small space like the EM event on GLs at the Necromancer Arena and you WILL crash the client and cause the EC to grind to a halt. But it'll put some serious stress on CC users as well.

The main issues with the EC first off we can't "follow" like you can in the CC. This is somewhat annoying but not game breaking... You often can't see animated objects if you have the Circle of Transparency on this is insane... But if you know where your things are you can still use them.. you just can't see them. The most HORRIBLE issue is that when a boss mob at the EM event goes public and has more than 125 items this will cause Pinco's to lock up.... in the regular default UI it puts you automatically in list mode but other players picking through the loot causes all the items to jump about so much that you not only can't pick them up but you have NO chance of looking at them before you try to pick them up and if you space is a premium this can be a pain. Then there is the fact that it takes up to 2 min for the "death" graphic to finish.. so you can stand there frozen wondering WTF is going on and then realize it's froze up because your dead.

Other than that the aesthetics issues. Like the holes all over the coastlines, the Hiryu looking like ****... and the lack of differentiation between dragon colors (they are all red), nightmare colors and other things.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Malagaste your ramblings about the EC are probably one of the main reason why Taniver has it in his head that there are issues with the EC. No offense Malagaste but your a squeaky wheel, no doubt if you were playing the CC you would find a myriad of issues with that client as well and post long winded posts about them.

Taniver...name me 1o bugs with the EC. I've been playing it since it was released and can't think of maybe one or two.

So please Taniver...as someone who stricltly plays the CC, but is an expert on the ineffiencies of the EC please tell me 10 things that are wrong with the EC.

You know why I can't take anything Taniver says seriously because he was the same guy a few years back saying how the CC UI was superior to the EC. Are you still saying that too Taniver? It's like saying Windows 95 is superior to Windows 7....

It's a joke...and a bad one at that.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Malagaste your ramblings about the EC are probably one of the main reason why Taniver has it in his head that there are issues with the EC.
She's aware of how her chosen client actually behaves, what she says I listen to and know is accurate.

You know why I can't take anything Taniver says seriously because he was the same guy a few years back saying how the CC UI was superior to the EC. Are you still saying that too Taniver?
Yes I still am. Having used both, with and without Pinco's, I can say the CC is, even without the EC's bells & whistles, still the better client. The evidence is there old bean, just take note of it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But Malag said it rarely crashes.
Which is true, but there are more problems than that. Read her post above, she mentions some of them. Don't do the common EC user routine of jumping on one detail and ignoring all else.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is true, but there are more problems than that. Read her post above, she mentions some of them. Don't do the common EC user routine of jumping on one detail and ignoring all else.
They were all rather minor issues. They should be fixed, yes, but those issues in no where outweigh all the pluses of the client. Still just comes down to looks if you ask me.

And like I said, I'm not an EC user..

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like most EC users here are mad this has even been brought up. CC users deserve these kind of features not just because we are the majority of the UO population but to make the game fair :)

Reactions: THP

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like most EC users here are mad this has even been brought up. CC users deserve these kind of features not just because we are the majority of the UO population but to make the game fair :)
Dev's said it's 50/50 a while back, so it's even. I for one don't use the EC (literally ever) and am certainly not mad about it, I just think that whats best for the game is to add new stuff, not redo old stuff. The team is just too small do be doing anything twice.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were all rather minor issues.
Depends on your tolerance for sloppy work, I worked Q.C. nearly my entire career and ran one area the last ten years or so. I didn't tolerate the b.s. like our dev team Q.C. guys let slide.

Not having things be visable, the book problem, and vendor stocking were three biggies with me.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Yes I still am. Having used both, with and without Pinco's, I can say the CC is, even without the EC's bells & whistles, still the better client. The evidence is there old bean, just take note of it.
Oh..your still advocating that the CC client UI is superior to the EC UI?:coco::lie:

I want just to make sure I get this right...

So the superior client (jurassics) wants features in the inferior EC client. This make perfectly good sense.:dunce:

Maybe I should plug in my 56k moden, and tell my ISP I want 50MBS bandwidth...

Interesting though, that the EC client which is inferior doesn't want any features in the Superior CC client.

It's sad, and pathetic that you actually believe one iota of the drivel you spill on these forums.

Nintendo is better than a PS4 too right? Cause the graphics in those old games are so good.

These threads are entertaining I must admit.:mf_prop:

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the superior client (jurassics) wants features in the inferior EC client. This make perfectly good sense.:dunce:
EC doesn't have an Auto-follow feature...

I'm also not sure you realize this, but regardless of which client you play the game itself is still damn near 20 years old.
We're both playing the same game... So um, how do you like being a "jurassic"? :eek:

Nintendo is better than a PS4 too right? Cause the graphics in those old games are so good.
The graphics don't compare nor do they make the game good or bad, but the challenge is more in favor of those older games... sad but true, unfortunately.