• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lucis Interface 1.0 is out now!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wowza! How to do play with the clutter? :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Wowza! How to do play with the clutter? :p
It's not clutter! It's a carefully crafted user interface! *looks offended*

Having said that, I move with the thumb joystick on my G13, so I interact with my desktop a lot when I play because my mouse is always free. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not clutter! It's a carefully crafted user interface! *looks offended*

Having said that, I move with the thumb joystick on my G13, so I interact with my desktop a lot when I play because my mouse is always free. :)

You move with the thumb stick?????

How you do that?

wait I have macro's tied to that....... nm.

Anyway.... I want to know how to pick and choose features.... I like quite a bit of Lucis but I like the look of copper... but I want the icons from Decor... And I'm not computer "saavy"... kappish? Comprende?

Cause to me all you all speak too much greek... I no understand.

Speak in non computer jargon..... please.

*Le Sigh*

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyway.... I want to know how to pick and choose features.... I like quite a bit of Lucis but I like the look of copper... but I want the icons from Decor... And I'm not computer "saavy"... kappish? Comprende?
As of right now you can't mix and match features from Lucis Interface and Copper/Stone Enhanced. Believe me, I tried. However you can use Decors Icon and Texture Pack with Lucis Interface:

As for the items I see them perfectly well in grid view, but then I'm using Decor's packs (both of them). If you want to use them (Decors Icons and Textures) all you need to do is unzip them anywhere, then copy and paste the contents of the Decors folder into the Lucis Interface folder (Lucis Interface folder is located in "[your root enhanced client folder]\UserInterface").
You can find Decors Icon and Texture Pack here.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One of the main reasons is that I took a LOT of liberties with the textures and XML (instead of just "reskinning", in a lot of areas I have "redefined" as well), and am doing it even moreso in the new skin because of what it is meant to be.

Lucitus would have to take my code and merge his in as it is right now and then do a release that way (which I'm not against although I would want to keep public releases of my skins on the Exchange at the very least... they could be hosted elsewhere, but released on the Exchange first).

Lucitus, you'll probably have to work things on with Illandril in order to get the two mod-sets into a compatible form, unfortunately, LUA confuses the HELL out of me, so I tend to limit myself to the textures and XML.

I'm also more than willing to have my new skin be the merging of the two modsets as well, but it has to be done with all of the modifications I am making to the XML for the base skin in mind.

Edit: Oh and yes I did read the PM a while back, and no offense because it wasn't your fault, but you caught me at a non-active time in terms of UI work... it wasn't that I did not or do not want to work together, it's that I simply did not have any ideas in terms of what I wanted to do for a skin theme. At the moment, I do.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As of right now you can't mix and match features from Lucis Interface and Copper/Stone Enhanced. Believe me, I tried. However you can use Decors Icon and Texture Pack with Lucis Interface:

You can find Decors Icon and Texture Pack here.
I don't like the background grey on the Decors Icon. Is there a way to incorporate the Decor Icons yet maintain the Default SA yellow background that is already in the Lucis Interface?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few noob questions. First off, what is this Dynamic Objects thing for and what does it do when you change it to Mobiles, etc? Also, I don't see the option for "[*]Resizeable Paperdolls, Hotbars, Status and Targetwindows" ... and why is there a Credits button that you can't move in the lower left corner? I mean thanks for all the cool features, but if you accidentally click on that dumb credits button it's so annoying.

Anyway, runebook art looks awesome, mobiles bar is verrrry cooool. and new chat features are nice as well. Great mod!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of very nice things. I especially like the rune books, and the Mobile health bars!

I don't like the orange boxes around all the gumps. Can I disable this or change the color? And I can't get the Item Property Highlighting to work with this mod... what am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure if Item Property Highlighting is a feature of this or if you are talking about another mod? But I simply dumped Item Properties Evaluator Source files into Source folder and that mod seems to work fine.

O

Old Man of UO

I'm not sure if Item Property Highlighting is a feature of this or if you are talking about another mod? But I simply dumped Item Properties Evaluator Source files into Source folder and that mod seems to work fine.
Thanks! I dumped it into the Mod folder and didn't work. I'll try the Source folder.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
First off, what is this Dynamic Objects thing for and what does it do when you change it to Mobiles, etc?
I think that has to do with what you see when you hit ctrl-shift to show object handles. I could be wrong about that...

Also, I don't see the option for "[*]Resizeable Paperdolls, Hotbars, Status and Targetwindows" ...
Go into Lucis options and check scale mode and hit apply or ok, then use your mouse wheel to resize everything to your heart's content, then turn it off when you are done. Be warned though, it isn't working perfectly yet. The actual area you can click on the icon doesn't change even though the size of the icon has changed, so you will have to click icons you have enlarged in the upper left corner, and on occasion I have had to go into the character xml file and delete the scale settings lines due to some form of corruption which occurs. So at this point I would say use that feature at your own risk.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Llewen for both replies :)

I will check those features out .. I'm trying to learn a bit more coding, influenced by an imbuing calc I've been working on for private use hehe :)

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that has to do with what you see when you hit ctrl-shift to show object handles. I could be wrong about that...

Go into Lucis options and check scale mode and hit apply or ok, then use your mouse wheel to resize everything to your heart's content, then turn it off when you are done. Be warned though, it isn't working perfectly yet. The actual area you can click on the icon doesn't change even though the size of the icon has changed, so you will have to click icons you have enlarged in the upper left corner, and on occasion I have had to go into the character xml file and delete the scale settings lines due to some form of corruption which occurs. So at this point I would say use that feature at your own risk.
What a nightmare this function ;). The idea is good and simple behind but i dont know why the hell it is not working like it should, i have checked saving works, retrieving works, the set scale works, hmm i dont know i have to go deeper ;).

But at the moment iam a bit boored of UO and the client development itself is really bad, the PvP is bad, i dont want to cry, i hope you mates have fun with it and be sure i will also support it in the future!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
But at the moment iam a bit boored of UO and the client development itself is really bad, the PvP is bad, i dont want to cry, i hope you mates have fun with it and be sure i will also support it in the future!
It's all right to take a break you know. Those of us who love your interface won't be happy, but you don't owe anyone anything.

O

Old Man of UO

Thanks! I dumped it into the Mod folder and didn't work. I'll try the Source folder.
NP -- let me know how that goes....
Hmmm... it didn't work. At least I dont' see any settings in the User Settings to enable the Item Highlighting Properties. Where do you enable that?

I've got the Decor Icons and Textures running and it's looking pretty darn good. I just need my items properties and I'll be all set!

Thanks for the help

*EDIT*
I am also using the "Hide Own Object Handle" mod and it also doesn't who in my setting to turn it on. How do you enable these additional mods in the Lucis Interface?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hmmm... it didn't work. At least I dont' see any settings in the User Settings to enable the Item Highlighting Properties. Where do you enable that?

I've got the Decor Icons and Textures running and it's looking pretty darn good. I just need my items properties and I'll be all set!

Thanks for the help

*EDIT*
I am also using the "Hide Own Object Handle" mod and it also doesn't who in my setting to turn it on. How do you enable these additional mods in the Lucis Interface?
You need to take the items properties mod from the UO Modders Exchange website, and unzip the files into the "Lucis Interface\Source" folder. You don't need to enable it, you just mouse over anything and it will show you item properties. I don't think you can get the item property highlighting mod to work with Lucis Interface, and you can't borrow either from the Copper Enhanced mod. You have to get the version available on the modders website which is unfortunately not fully up to date.

O

Old Man of UO

... I don't think you can get the item property highlighting mod to work with Lucis Interface, and you can't borrow either from the Copper Enhanced mod. ...
I have the latest version, that isn't the problem. G.v.P. said he got it to work with the Lucis interface, so I was hoping to get it working. No luck so far, so you're probably right unless G.v.P. have a trick up his sleeve.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the latest version, that isn't the problem. G.v.P. said he got it to work with the Lucis interface, so I was hoping to get it working. No luck so far, so you're probably right unless G.v.P. have a trick up his sleeve.
We must not be on the same page -- being I'm misunderstanding the feature you're trying to use. I'll take a look at it in a bit and edit this reply to be more exact in what I got working, but I have a feeling I got something else working, maybe not what you want exactly :/.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There are TWO Item Property mods (at least from the Exchange)... One is Property Highlighting and theother is Property Evaluator.

Highlighting gives you the scaled light to dark blue colors, then gold for 100%+ intensity as well as the other colors for various aspects.

Evaluator is the one that gives the intensity value, the Imbuing value, the BOD reward, DPS. and so on.

They are combined into a single package in my Enhanced mods for ease of use, but I believe the two packages are separate in themselves, so it's possible that one might be compatible with Lucis Interface and the other one not.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

There are TWO Item Property mods (at least from the Exchange)... One is Property Highlighting and theother is Property Evaluator.

Highlighting gives you the scaled light to dark blue colors, then gold for 100%+ intensity as well as the other colors for various aspects.

Evaluator is the one that gives the intensity value, the Imbuing value, the BOD reward, DPS. and so on.

They are combined into a single package in my Enhanced mods for ease of use, but I believe the two packages are separate in themselves, so it's possible that one might be compatible with Lucis Interface and the other one not.
Yes, that is what I was trying to say, although not clearly enough. The Item Propertly Evaluator mod does work with Lucis interface, and all you need to do to install it is put the files in the "Source" folder. The Item Property Highlighting mod does not work as far as I know because it has dependencies that are incompatible with the Lucis Interface. But because they are combined in Copper Enhanced you cannot borrow the Item Property Evaluator mod from Copper Ennhanced, you have to use the version available from Modders Exchange.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys for clearing it up :) sorry for the confusion :(

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You have to get the version available on the modders website which is unfortunately not fully up to date.
This is with reference to the Item Properties Evaluator mod. I assumed the version in Copper Enhanced had been updated to show correct imbuing weights, but it appears this is not the case. I just did a file compare on the version in Copper enhanced, vs. the version available on the Modders' Exchange, and they are virtually identical. The only change other than the addition of the functions necessary to allow it to be enabled via the menu that isn't compatible with Lucis Interface, is a change in the highlighting colours to indicate whether the item will unravel to a relic or not.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What a nightmare this function ;). The idea is good and simple behind but i dont know why the hell it is not working like it should, i have checked saving works, retrieving works, the set scale works, hmm i dont know i have to go deeper ;).
I just wanted to add that I love the feature. Even if it isn't working perfectly, it allows me to add visual cues to my icons that makes it easy to remember where they are and use them quickly when I need to. I'd hate to lose this feature and I hope you do manage to get it working perfectly some day. :)

L

longshanks

can someone help a newb out please.

i downloaded this into the sa user interface file on the c drive and restarted the saec. nothing in the upper left hand corner?

how do i bring up the gump. im on windows 7 if that matters

thanks.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
First, make sure you've unzipped the downloaded file.

Second, make sure your file structure is nested properly. This tripped me up the first time I tried to install a UI. Your structure should look like this:

User Interfaces > Lucis Interface > Files

Not like this:

User Interfaces > Lucis Interface > Lucis Interface > Files

L

longshanks

ok. tks got it to work. i saw it patch in but u have to select the custom ui prior to logging in your chars.

so far this thing looks great.

on the target mobile bar, if the target goes out of range the bar disappears.

how do you keep the bar up?

great job. you should be proud.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
If you see a health bar that you want to keep, just drag it from the mobile bar onto your screen.

O

Old Man of UO

If you see a health bar that you want to keep, just drag it from the mobile bar onto your screen.
AHH... I wondered how to do that. Can't use the object handles to grab health bars, just have to adjust my thinking a bit.

I love how I can double click on corpse object handles and the corpse opens and the object handle disappears, one by one! Much faster looting in a pile that way.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I love how I can double click on corpse object handles and the corpse opens and the object handle disappears, one by one! Much faster looting in a pile that way.
Yes! That is very nice.

J

Jonathan Baron

Oddly, the list for dynamic objects - corpses, NPCs, NPC Vendors, all that - vanished from my Lucitus UI. I clicked the little "hide" button and it all disappeared, not to be seen again. Deleting the Lucitus Interface directory does nothing, as user settings are saved elsewhere and will re-emerge when you install the mod again.

I see a little rectange, textured dark metalic that, upon right clicking, will list the items lost but will not bring up a list akin to that for Mobiles.

In short, I *think* it's off in a sort of dev null space outside the screen frame and, thus, beyond the reach of man.

So, how do I truly and utterly delete the Lucitus UI so that I can start over with it?

Thank you :)

Jonathan

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So, how do I truly and utterly delete the Lucitus UI so that I can start over with it?
Well the only way to be sure if you don't know what you are doing is to delete your character file. If you have worked with xml before, you can go through the character file and delete everything that looks suspect. It won't matter if you delete things that aren't related to Lucis Interface because if the client needs them it will just recreate them.

Another option is to cut and paste your macros and anything else you'd like to keep out of the character file, delete the character file, and log on then off so that the character file is recreated, then paste the stuff you wanted to keep back into the character file.

You can find your character data files in:

[My Documents]\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\[account name]\[shard name]\[character name]

The character data files have no extension but you can open them with any text editor. I recommend NoteTab. NotePad should be popped in capsule and fired into the nearest star...

J

Jonathan Baron

Thanks, Llewen. I frequently don't know what I'm doing.

In this case I misinterpreted what the options were. The metal textured rectangle governs what ctrl/shift shows...at least that's the use I'm putting it to now and it's indeed useful.

Another feature I overlooked that I am told the UO Assist folks have is the option to have the faux Latin spell names translated into living language. Very nice.

One feature I'd like to see added if it were possible would be to see the health bars of party member pets when you form a party. UO seems to have become evermore a tamer's game as the bosses become bossier, and many party members bring along their combat pets. Cross healing the pets is often more important than keeping the people alive, odd as that sounds.

Of course it's smart to pull the bars of both the humans and the animals anyway as you need to break up the party shortly before the boss dies to set up individual loot. That only true, however, with those evermore monstrous monsters.

I still have to flush to UI from time to time to clear old Mobiles but I don't find that to be any sort of awful inconvenience. I honestly cannot imagine playing without this, the Enhanced Client's greatest enhancement :)

Jonathan

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oddly, the list for dynamic objects - corpses, NPCs, NPC Vendors, all that - vanished from my Lucitus UI. I clicked the little "hide" button and it all disappeared, not to be seen again. Deleting the Lucitus Interface directory does nothing, as user settings are saved elsewhere and will re-emerge when you install the mod again.

I see a little rectange, textured dark metalic that, upon right clicking, will list the items lost but will not bring up a list akin to that for Mobiles.

In short, I *think* it's off in a sort of dev null space outside the screen frame and, thus, beyond the reach of man.

Thank you :)

Jonathan
My UI should have an automated check if a window is dragged off the screen and ask you if you want to retrieve it. I have to test it again if it works like it should.

It should work like for example you drag out a window lets say the paperdoll out of your screen, next time you open it, a window should appear asking you if you want to retrieve it.

O

Old Man of UO

My UI should have an automated check if a window is dragged off the screen and ask you if you want to retrieve it. I have to test it again if it works like it should.

It should work like for example you drag out a window lets say the paperdoll out of your screen, next time you open it, a window should appear asking you if you want to retrieve it.
The check for off-screen gumps works for me... in fact, it works too well. I drag my paperdoll off to the bottom of the screen and leave it there until I need it. But whenever I log off and then back in, I get the message to reset the window for my paperdoll. I can check the "ignore this in the future" box, but I still get the message the next time I log in. For verything else this is great, just not my paperdoll.

J

[JD]

Hi. I've been using the Copper Enhanced mod for a while and wanted to check into lucis mod. Can I install Lucis so that it doesn't impact or interfere with Copper Enhanced if I want to try it out? Or will it bork up my copper enhanced mod.

Thanks

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hi. I've been using the Copper Enhanced mod for a while and wanted to check into lucis mod. Can I install Lucis so that it doesn't impact or interfere with Copper Enhanced if I want to try it out? Or will it bork up my copper enhanced mod.

Thanks
It shouldn't screw anything up. If you want to be sure, after looking don't exit normally, use the task manager to kill the client. That way no changes will be saved.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you can install it and it will have no effect on copper just make sure its installed in seperate folder from copper other words you will have one say lucis interface one says copper and probably a default one

O

Old Man of UO

Thanks
It will most likely make you move a few things around if you switch back and forth frequently. The hot bars don't always behave perfectly. And just today, I had two icons that switched to the poison spell. But you can, and I do, switch between Lucis and Stone Enhanced frequently, just have to know there are a few bugs. But most are easy to fix. Most.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update with all bugs fixed is in testing and comming soon.

Stay tuned and have fun with High Seas!

Arr see you on the sea, Lucitus

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Woohoo! I've been waiting for this! :D

edit: I still can't click on the entire icon for hotbars that have been resized. I can only click on an area the size of the original icon in the upper left corner of the icon. If I click on a part of the icon that lies outside of this area it is as if I am clicking on whatever part of the world that lies behind the icon.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updated for the recent client patch!

Happy Halloween all out there!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No future releases are planned here. Most of the common problems are still exisiting since the closed beta and were not be fixed in over a year, my conclusion is that nobody cares about this client!

For me this means it is a waste of time to develop any new stuff for this client or in general for this game!

Join in and discuss if you want in the thread of Dermott http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-enha...22406-lack-development-spells-trouble-ec.html

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Bad news. I don't think I'll continue with the EC without Lucis Interface. :(