• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lucis Interface 1.0 is out now!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello EC community,

today iam proud to present my first non beta release of my Interface. It was nearly one year of work, hunderts of changes and many features have been done until i thought it is time to say, yes it is ready for you!

The full documentation is still in the process of getting finished and will be released a bit later.

Feature List:
  • Lockable Interface
  • Custom fonts for chat and names
  • Resizeable Paperdolls, Hotbars, Status and Targetwindows
  • Description of the Words of Power
  • Legacy Runebooks and Healthbars
  • Realtime Clock
  • Buff/Debuff Timers
  • New Party, Pet and Groupwindow
  • List of the Mobiles on Screen
  • Own Settings
  • Warningsystem for special Debuffs and other great Danger
  • Journal
  • Detailed Statistics
  • many more

Bugs fixed:
  • The chat should be now stay under other Interface elements
  • The Channelselectionwindow should now work better
  • A problem with books displaying the wrong page is fixed
  • The Amount Window should now appear under the mousepointer

Downloadlink: [updated 12/16/2010]

Version 1.09

Where can i find most of the Features?

The most Features can be found in the Mainmenu hitting the Escape key or by opening it over the menubar.

Where may i find the custom settings?

Mainmenu > Lucis Settings

Where are the other Features?

If not seen already, go over Interfacelements and hit the right click of your mouse, many windows for example the clock or the group window have right click menu handlers to reset their position or to lock them directly.

To open a healthbar of the selected target use the following command macro
Code:
script TargetWindow.MobileBar()

The Credits

To list all wonderfull modder friends here would be a long list, please click on the Build string at the left down corner of your screen to see the credits.

Update: [8/12/2010]

Fixed a bug with the Petrenamewindow, you should now be able again to rename your pets.

Update: [8/22/2010]

You should now be able to destroy hotbars again. Sorry for the long delay...

Update: [8/31/2010]

I have added a clear mobile function to the mobiles on screen window, simply right click it.

Update: [9/30/2010]

Fixed known Bug that the Paperdoll scale is not saving probably.

Update: [10/20/2010]

Fixed several bugs
Object handles are now static but in the right direction, now the last corpse for example is show on the top
Updatet for the recent client patch

Update: [10/27/2010]

Update: [10/29/2010]

Backpack should now open automatically at login ( intigrates a proper function to auto open containers )
( you cannot toggle it atm in the lucis settings )

Update: [11/15/2010]

I have stopped the development of the Interface modification until the development of the Enhanced Client is going on. Thanks to all testers who have helped to ge this project so far!

Known Bugs:
  • Some Scales are not saving [FIXED]
  • Old Healthbars are sometimes calling unnecessary coloring function[FIXED]
  • You cannot dragout healthbars out of the objecthandles[FIXED]
  • The Mobiles on Screen Window ignores old healthbars and creates always new ones[FIXED]
  • Runebooks both legacy and standard ones displaying wrong coordinates [FIXED] for Legacy ones

Attachments

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Great work looks very good!!

O

Old Man of UO

Lots of very nice things. I especially like the rune books, and the Mobile health bars!

I don't like the orange boxes around all the gumps. Can I disable this or change the color? And I can't get the Item Property Highlighting to work with this mod... what am I doing wrong?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the itemporperties highlighting mod is no Dependencies free mod. You are able to include all mods when they are Dependencies free. If they are working is another thing.

Iam currently on the way to bring the mod projects more together, but it was now time to finish the work on the first version of this Interface, to begin something new. Maybe a new structure, maybe a new skin, all ways are open...

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the itemporperties highlighting mod is no Dependencies free mod. You are able to include all mods when they are Dependencies free. If they are working is another thing.

Iam currently on the way to bring the mod projects more together, but it was now time to finish the work on the first version of this Interface, to begin something new. Maybe a new structure, maybe a new skin, all ways are open...
Huzzah! Thanks Lucitus for your hard work! I'm using this exclusively now and love it.

Hopefully there will come a day when a working itemproperties mod is working and we can incorporate it into this interface. That would be a real treat.

Thanks again for sharing all your hard work.:thumbup1:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so many things in this should be incorporated to other mods.
cough cough
mousewheel to scale?
AWESOME

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for this overall good feedback!

Let me know if you have found any problems with it, post it here or contact me directly per PM.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Petrenaming should now work again. Thanks for the report LLewen!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just thought I'd offer some feed back. I just started using the warning system for low health, and I love it. It works flawlessly and makes a significant difference in pvp.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't get the pet renaming thing to work =( perhaps I'm doing something wrong.. right now my horse is just one word.. I'd like to make it a 3 word name...when I hop off and go to rename him it keeps telling me invalid.. I've tried other names too in case the word wasnt allowed for w/e reason.. but still gives me that error =( thanks in advance.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't get the pet renaming thing to work =( perhaps I'm doing something wrong.. right now my horse is just one word.. I'd like to make it a 3 word name...when I hop off and go to rename him it keeps telling me invalid.. I've tried other names too in case the word wasnt allowed for w/e reason.. but still gives me that error =( thanks in advance.
I don't think that's an issue with the interface. I think you can't give pets multiple word names in the EC. You used to be able to with the KR client, but not with the EC.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh I see.. I was under the impression that with the EC you could put the spaces back in a pet name if they were removed and stuff.. bloody hell.. ah well thanks anywho =)

J

Jonathan Baron

The contemporary client does not allow spaces in pet names. Elsewhere you find odd work arounds to this but only if the pet had spaces in its name when you received it....stuff involving selecting the last letter of a portion of the name, backspacing...odd stuff.

Magnificent work, Lucitus! Outstanding. Mobiles appear on the list before you may have seen them. The ability to click on the list to produce a cursor....oh how this has made the game so much more enjoyable for me. No more painful excursions around the screen with my mouse pointer or cycling through using the targeting keys.

Only problem is likely one not of your making: the need to flush the object buffer from time to time through the Debug "Reload UI" button when mobiles linger long after they should have been updated.

My only problem is some items vanishing when I hit the button to hide them, such as Dynamic Objects. That really helped with NPC vendors as one ventures down that endless Mall that is the streets of Luna. How do I get it back?

Not that it matters all that much. Most bags of goods are empty or just have rejected remnants of a vendors stock. I wish they'd say when a vendor was restocked when you run your cursor over them, or either note that a vendor's bag is empty when you double click on it, or at least have the sense of humor to have the vendor shout, "Sucker!" Again, an annoyance not of your making.

A thousand thanks. The game simply cannot attract new players with that painfully outdated old UI and, until yours came along, it was difficult to fight with the contemporary one.

With sincere appreciation and regards,

Jonathan

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't wait to get home and try this out. Is there any way to exclude mobiles from the "List of the Mobiles on Screen" ?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't wait to get home and try this out. Is there any way to exclude mobiles from the "List of the Mobiles on Screen" ?
Yes there are filter options at the top and you can choose what it will display.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have updated the Interface, you should now again be able to destroy Hotbars, sorry for the long delay and thanks to Mervyn here!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Paperdoll scaling is not saving atm, i cant say exactly what is wrong i have to look deep into the code.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The contemporary client does not allow spaces in pet names. Elsewhere you find odd work arounds to this but only if the pet had spaces in its name when you received it....stuff involving selecting the last letter of a portion of the name, backspacing...odd stuff.
Not true...! I've just tested the latest Lucis build and pet renaming still works, but there's only one way you can do it. Click THIS button;

That's it on the pet gump window. It may not be visible for you if you've minimized it, so look for the little book-end type icon which indicates a hidden window and expand it. It's the one that lists all your pets and summons in a single gump. Rename there, by using the circular icon as shown.

J

Jonathan Baron

Nice catch, Adol! I saw the button and read its function but thought it was an odd time and place to be renaming a pet. Never considered that it was a feature rather than an alternative to an extant context menu.

Gotta try this :)

Thanks!

Jonathan

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice catch, Adol! I saw the button and read its function but thought it was an odd time and place to be renaming a pet. Never considered that it was a feature rather than an alternative to an extant context menu.

Gotta try this :)

Thanks!

Jonathan
The idea behind it was to make it possible to heal your pets over the healthbars of the petwindow without renaming and getting stuck everytime. Now you can heal your pets and also rename them but only if you really want to rename them.

J

Jonathan Baron

I am and remain surprised at what this ability means. Half of my stable of 16 wonderful virtual beasts now have the names I'd wanted to give them all along.

Again, thank you Lucitus :)

Jonathan

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea behind it was to make it possible to heal your pets over the healthbars of the petwindow without renaming and getting stuck everytime. Now you can heal your pets and also rename them but only if you really want to rename them.
It's just a shame that under the Copper Mod, I still end up naming my pets "hhhhhhhh", the "Cast Heal On Target" macro from time to time :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This was the first feature in Lucis Interface that made it a must have for me.

J

Jonathan Baron

Copper Mod?

I'm not familiar with it, Adol. Is this some manner of uoassist for us EC folks?

And isn't it unexpected, Llewen, just how cool that pet naming feature is. I'd resigned myself to the inexplicable prior restriction, which made for many a long pause in front of the stable right after I was bringing a newly tamed pet in. Recent example was a Nightmare I'd just tamed. Like most it was far from obsidian black like the Dreads. Smoke....no....that's not it. Coal Smoke...yeah, that does it. My Vollem looks like a little angel (even though it has the stats of a Nightmare and can reeeeely be a killer if properly handled) but Angel is too...too...well, you get it. But the title of a very old song came to mind: Earth Angel. Works.

Two part names are nifty. Three part names mean you're either a serial killer or a child molester.

Pardon that little digression :)

Jonathan

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I added the wished function to clear the Mobiles on Screen list without reloading the UI.

J

Jonathan Baron

Thank you....oh, thank you Lucitus. Was a pain but I'd been told it involved a glitch in the core UI. Happy that you either worked around it or worked through it :)

Jonathan

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Copper Mod?

I'm not familiar with it, Adol. Is this some manner of uoassist for us EC folks?
Copper Enhanced is another EC UI mod. You can find it here on the EC forum as well. There is a grey version as well called Stone Enhanced. I prefer Lucis mod but Copper and Stone are both very good and have a lot of nice features as well.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, I have both installed myself so I can switch between features on the fly as I need them. It's also worth having more than one for redundancy, as sometimes new patches will break one or the other, but the normal EC doesn't have all the nice fonts etc. I also keep classic installed, just in case of true disaster ;)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucitus, you've done it again,

Have you actually received any official thanks from the EA team for your work on the E.C, after all, I and others only use the E.C because of your targeting system. Without it the client is an epic fail.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Having two issues. First, I don't see a "Main Menu" - only User Settings. Within the User Settings, I see that Lucis_Interafce is selected as the skin, but I don't see options specific to the skin.

Second, I can only see items in my backpack in list view--not in grid view.

What am I doing wrong?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Having two issues. First, I don't see a "Main Menu" - only User Settings. Within the User Settings, I see that Lucis_Interafce is selected as the skin, but I don't see options specific to the skin.

Second, I can only see items in my backpack in list view--not in grid view.

What am I doing wrong?
The Lucis settings are on the Main Menu about 3/4 of the way down (not the options menu, the main menu). As for the items I see them perfectly well in grid view, but then I'm using Decor's packs (both of them). If you want to use them all you need to do is unzip them anywhere, then copy and paste the contents of the Decor's folder into the Lucis Interface folder.

J

Jonathan Baron

The only change in the backpacks that I've noticed in this mod has been the much needed white backround so that you can see the darker items in your pack. What I think is happening in your case is that every pack has a list view and a grid view, changeable by the green circle to the right just before the Close button. I switch between the two views alot to dispense with the problem, inherent in the stock UI of items being tied to a box in the grid, allowing some to be located far down in the pack. The list view eliminates this when you want to see everything in a pack without having to scroll through all the grid boxes.

Jonathan

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I figured out what I was doing now. Works like a charm. In fact...I think this interface may have converted me to the EC. I love it.

O

Old Man of UO

Any work on getting the Property Highlighting mod working with this interface?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I was showing some folks in my guild the Lucis Interface. Thought I'd post up some shots here, as well.

It's easier to monitor tithing points, aid timer, weight, etc. in the EC. This shot also shows the mobiles bar expanded.

You can filter which types of mobiles you want the menu to show. There is also a collapsible pets window.

Change fonts and show spell words and descriptions.

Warning system settings.

I set the health warning system to warn me at 40% health. The message lasts about 1 second. Also, you can determine where the message should appear--I put it front and center in the shot below. I've also highlighted the curse timer system.

Legacy runebooks and containers.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would kill to have the features of the Lucis Interface merged with the UI and features of Copper Enhanced....

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
True, I prefer the look of Copper Enhanced. Though, the name bars in the Copper UI are an annoyance: they're over-sized and parts are untargetable/unclickable.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I prefer copper too however there are so many things from lucis I wish I had in copper.

Like moble selection!

I like the way copper does the weight, followers, tithing and such....

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Copper is a skin with a dash of mods, Lucis is a heavy-mod package with the default skin.

I'd say the big goal for the Mod community is to make their mods droppable into any skin. Whether that be Copper, Stone, Dermott's new one, or Fink's should she revive them for the EC.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Copper is a skin with a dash of mods, Lucis is a heavy-mod package with the default skin.

I'd say the big goal for the Mod community is to make their mods droppable into any skin. Whether that be Copper, Stone, Dermott's new one, or Fink's should she revive them for the EC.
I second that!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Copper and Stone's additional mods are done in such a way that the specific mods CAN be dropped into any skin so long as you install the base Localization mod that they run with.

There might bea couple of items that are skin-specific, but by and large, the main mods are done in such a way to be modular in themselves.

I think if lucitus can pattern his mods to Gildar's Localization and let them be modular as well, we can reach that point where everyone's UI can play nice with whatever combination of mods we could want to use.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Copper and Stone's additional mods are done in such a way that the specific mods CAN be dropped into any skin so long as you install the base Localization mod that they run with.

There might bea couple of items that are skin-specific, but by and large, the main mods are done in such a way to be modular in themselves.

I think if lucitus can pattern his mods to Gildar's Localization and let them be modular as well, we can reach that point where everyone's UI can play nice with whatever combination of mods we could want to use.
Yeah but it is possible but not soo easy, we have to write an xml loader for skins, and we should define that all xml mods are seperate. For example we are loading the xmls for paperdoll, statuswindow, etc. but without any special mods. Other things included like special buttons for the settingswindow, or other things we should load seperatly in each individual mods.

Ahh and thanks to this wonderfull screenshots! A very nice introduce in my Interface in general, thank you!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Here's another screen shot showing what my desktop looks with Lucis Interface and Decors icons and textures. This shows what can be done with the hotbar scaling (note that it isn't working perfectly yet so you may experience some issues if you try to do this, and the entire icon of enlarged hotbars isn't clickable yet).