• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Losing Connection every 10 mins..

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't froze completely for the past 2 days now. Anyone else having better luck now? or am I jinxing myself by saying anything...

T

Tinsil

I and the people I was playing with froze a lot last night on Atlantic.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I and the people I was playing with froze a lot last night on Atlantic.
Tinsil, in order to help track the issues could you and your friends detail which shard, client, ect, for us to compile the info?

Thank you!

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been having this same problem for week, I have died few times dued to freeze spiking. I play alot and it hasn't really mattered what time of day it is, Ive had it happen in mornings, mid day, evenings.

Atlantic shard
Every now and then it will knock me off server and tell me that it could not synch the connection. Just have to close down completely and restart the program.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is something that all 3 Mythic titles seem to be experiencing from reading different forums.

The more we can collect info the more we can forward on. This has by far been one of the best community efforts to helping each other gather info. Not all the forums discussing this can say the same. Thank you all!!

W

Woodsman

The more we can collect info the more we can forward on. This has by far been one of the best community efforts to helping each other gather info. Not all the forums discussing this can say the same. Thank you all!!
This is true. The Warhammer and Camelot forums seem to think they and they alone are the only ones having account or connection problems.

U

unified

Haven't froze completely for the past 2 days now. Anyone else having better luck now? or am I jinxing myself by saying anything...
I have not had a problem in at least 3 days after I upgraded my video drivers. While I am not sure if the drivers were the problem, I did suggest to others that they look into making sure they had updated video drivers. :thumbup:

T

Tinsil

Tinsil, in order to help track the issues could you and your friends detail which shard, client, ect, for us to compile the info?

Thank you!
Yes. I notice it on both Atlantic and LS, my two friends I was playing with on Atlantic both saw it as well. All of us play on 2d client.

From my personal experience, seems to be worse from say 6-7pm-12-1am cst.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going back over my cases on the Support website and realized I'd received another response from the Tier 3 CS person handling my questions about the freezing. He must have posted it just as I was posting something about using UO Trace, so I didn't notice it until I was looking over the e-mail copies of the same information.

Anyway, this is the last thing I heard on this issue and it is from yesterday morning:

After reviewing that information this may be caused by our account migration that is happening now for over a week. Please give it some time and when they state that its finally complete let me know if you are still having the disconnects.​

W

Woodsman

Anyway, this is the last thing I heard on this issue and it is from yesterday morning:

After reviewing that information this may be caused by our account migration that is happening now for over a week. Please give it some time and when they state that its finally complete let me know if you are still having the disconnects.​
Starting to sound like the "gateway server" problem that the Camelot players were told about, that was possibly tied to the account migration.

I don't get it though, why would you lose connection because of account migration after you are already in. Is the game constantly checking against the account status on other servers? I would think that when you log in, your client is flagged for whatever account upgrades/benefits are appropriate, and that it wouldn't be checking for those upgrades/benefits against another server later on.

That seems incredibly inefficient from a programming perspective on the client side, it would also put a lot of strain on the account servers if it was constantly polling them (although it would explain the primetime dropouts), plus why would both UO and Camelot (and maybe Warhammer) be doing that. I could see some weird long-forgotten problems from like 10 years ago that caused one game's developers to have to put something in, but two or more, no.

Very odd.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starting to sound like the "gateway server" problem that the Camelot players were told about, that was possibly tied to the account migration.

I don't get it though, why would you lose connection because of account migration after you are already in. Is the game constantly checking against the account status on other servers? I would think that when you log in, your client is flagged for whatever account upgrades/benefits are appropriate, and that it wouldn't be checking for those upgrades/benefits against another server later on.

That seems incredibly inefficient from a programming perspective on the client side, it would also put a lot of strain on the account servers if it was constantly polling them (although it would explain the primetime dropouts), plus why would both UO and Camelot (and maybe Warhammer) be doing that. I could see some weird long-forgotten problems from like 10 years ago that caused one game's developers to have to put something in, but two or more, no.

Very odd.
I think the server(s) that house account age and veteran reward information have been down for a while now and at one point there may have also been some effect on housing. See this post on the UO Japan site: ƒjƒ…[ƒXÚ×. Hard to figure out exactly what it says based on the rough translation Google provides.

Don't know if any of that would be responsible for the freezes though.

Who knows.

W

Woodsman

The more I look around the other games' forums, the more I wonder how much code they share, and the more surprised I am at how many things rely on account management in some way. I know Camelot and Warhammer and UO's EC are running on Gamebryo, so this might help some EC users, it's from the official BioWare forums:

IF YOU'RE HAVING DISCONNECT ISSUES READ THIS!!

Delete your cache folder from your Warhammer Online directory. I'm not
trolling, this will not screw up your game. It's just a bunch of cached
data that the game holds onto to load places faster that you've already
been to, etc. Once you delete it your client will rebuild a new cache folder but this is working for multiple people so I wanted to make a thread so it's easily visible.

If you're not computer savvy, here's the rundown. Click Start --> Computer. Open C:\ --> Program Files (or Program Files x86 if you're using a 64 bit operating system) --> Electronic Arts --> Warhammer
Online - Age of Reckoning. Then just click your Cache folder and
delete it, or if you don't trust me just move it or rename it so you can
get it back if you think I'm trolling.

This is not a guaranteed fix but a bunch of my friends have tried this and have not disconnected since so if you are disconnecting PLEASE try this. Respond here to let us know if it works for you please. Thanks!!
The equivalent for UO might work, but I can't find the cache folder for the EC in UO. I set mine to "0" because of other problems I was having.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Very odd.
I think the server(s) that house account age and veteran reward information have been down for a while now and at one point there may have also been some effect on housing. See this post on the UO Japan site: ƒjƒ…[ƒXÚ×. Hard to figure out exactly what it says based on the rough translation Google provides.

Don't know if any of that would be responsible for the freezes though.

Who knows.
yeah ... doesn't make sense no matter how you twist it around ...
mainly because it isn't repeatedly predictable
inside the first ten minutes
(had it trip off >before< my journal quit logging the "You see's" ... welcome to Ultima online PlayerA PlayerB Minerva the Ban>lock<)
or never over three days of sessions (long and short)

and it is not "just" a lockup (no keyboard/mouse input available) or just a crash to desk top(client at password stage)
I've had it BOTH (separate instances of each)
Knock the modem into re-synch (not just "lost conn" with servers as if they had quit sending / "no connection") & (more/most often)
Knock my entire system down to Re-boot (as if standby, turnoff, >Restart< selected) & (different instances of:) as if >turnoff< had been selected
seriously ... first time I thought *power spike* ... follow ons? no way ...
turned my comp off as quickly as if I had unplugged it. (no "shutting down windows" screen)
Logging into Ultima Online, shard selected, character selected, Welcome to Ultima Online, banker open my

Blank screen power off ... !!!

ONLY when UO was running.

And only with the CC ...
I HAD downloaded the fresh and fully patched EC >at the same time as< a freshly downloaded fully patched CC.
(Yea! been asking for fully patched downloads for YEARS ... annnnnd they're back to download install AND PATCH ...*spits*)
:talktothehand: different thread, back to what happened then.

got the EC up and logged in ... checking the graphics and some settings ... okay, alright, cool ... walking to a moongate ...

Blank screen power off ... !!!
power up
select start
select EAgames
Select uninstall EC?
yep! buh bye! so long! see ya next year! better luck next time! I hope you are feeling better! Dead to me!

I recall at some distant time, there was a difficult to catch game mechanic (archery related iirc) that the coding Devs created a "logging tool" for ...
Download and install the "tool" and it would log the variables for transmission to the coding devs ...
iirc ... they did manage to figure the "problem out" and get a patch in to fix >that<

Just saying ...
need a "tool" to watch separate(player) systems FOR the conditions before and after THIS problem ...
and oh yeah, right now and immediately demanded, *much hand flailing&fist shaking* OR me and my guild of me are outta here and UO will die in infamy ...
(over the top enough? :lol: )

goes to login for todays "adventures"

J

jabeth

Had the problems listed above losing connection frequently. Used UOTrace with same problems regarding number of host/hop showing up in result.

Fortunately, most of ours has been resolved. Use AT&T and had changed from dsl to fiber-optic service. The router they installed for us had files that had to be updated.

Now, just occasional lag (10-15 seconds) on opening multiple containers and/or recalling from ship to house or fel/tram

W

Woodsman

Some of the Camelot players noticed an increase in connection problems against last night. I wonder if it's a Saturday night thing.

VN Boards - And the ld's start yet again tonight

People have said it's happening in Warhammer as well, but I can't find specific threads - there are a lot of Warhammer forums out there, unlike Camelot or UO.

Be curious to see what happens after the account maintenance next week and if it clears this up for all three games.

On a side note, the MyUO version of Camelot has been down for just as long, so clearly a lot more of MyUO is tied to the account stuff than you might think.

Here's what I don't understand... they "updated" their website.

So before we were able to:
Search guilds
Search characters
Search IRS, highest realm points earned, etc.
See population status of each server (this was always depressing to see post LotM)
Find out guild's information, including website, guild ranks

Now:
Simplified text boxes and a website that a 12 year old could design.
We lose all search engines except the outdate FAQ guide.
A "wikipedia"?
If they can start getting some of this stuff fixed, we can see MyUO again, etc.

E

elianydd

Well, at the risk of cursing myself, I'll go ahead and mention that I have NOT had the disconnect problems the last few days. Just FYI.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, at the risk of cursing myself, I'll go ahead and mention that I have NOT had the disconnect problems the last few days. Just FYI.
*knocks on wood*

Actually for a few days now I've been running fast and good.. On EC.

Still running Comcast..

Both my big computer and my laptop..

Ping and Traceroute still don't seem to work right, but heck.. long as the game runs...