• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Losing Connection every 10 mins..

W

Wormie

dont know if its the account crap going on but every 10 min about i lose connection but able to log in right away .. very annoying..

anyone else have this...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been having that problem daily for the last week. Very hard to stay motivated to play with the horrible connection.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyra and myself are getting this too.. but just started today... One time I logged back in really fast and got this message.. "Unable to synch server to this world...please try again in a few minutes"... tried again immediately and went right back in..

annoying but we just haven't gone anywhere too dangerous.. so no harm really.

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been having this exact same problem too. My client freezes up every 10 minutes or so and connection is lost. While client is freezing up I test refreshing a web page and it loads back up fine. Once I try logging back in I connect up fine and things run fine for about another 10 minutes, when the client locks up and connection is lost again. Been happening for about a week now, maybe longer.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's time to trash the classic client and start using EC

E

elianydd

Was having the same exact problem last night with the EC client. :-/

At first I assumed it was just a problem on my end; glad to see it isn't.

VERY annoying, though. Made it impossible to do any serious adventuring.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play classic client because i require 'range check last target' and i prefer not to have to wait in between finishing casting one spell and casting another like in EC.

Also, i slightly prefer the classic client's grahics but i'm easy on that front, i used to play the old UO 3d. change doesn't bother me.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same problem. The 15 to 30 second freeze up/lag spikes have been happening to myself, and 5+ other guildies for the last 9 days. It hits us all at the same time. Every time it does I start yelling at Comcast.

The random freeze up/disconnects just started happening over the weekend for me.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if its the same issue but it sounds like my lag issues started the same time as some posters have had the disconnect issues *last week to a week and a half ago*. My ping has gone from an always 49 to all east coast shards to an always 109. At first I thought it was my isp but it kinda sounds like there might be a connection issue somewhere along the uo lines....

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, I had a disconnect issue last night but it wasn't UO's fault. Verizon seemed to get cut off from half the internet. I was watching a Netflix movie and it got halted. I couldn't access the login servers or UO.com either, but I could still access certain other sites.

As for UO, I've been connected about 6 hours trying to GM hiding, so no connection interruptions to Pacific this morning.

A

anna anomalous

running classic client and raising poisoning for the last 2 days, no connection lost issues.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Had the same problem Saturday. Put up with it for 2 hours. Got ticked off, turned computer off, went and watched a movie with the wife, came back and started comp back up and not had a problem since. You can give that a try I guess.... although I would not recommed the wife :rolleyes: lol

U

unified

Amazing. Not one post indicating the shard that's having this issue, except one mentioned not having a problem on pacific.

There is some basic information needed that might help to determine if this is a problem affecting only one shard, all of them, the east coast shards, etc. Also, is the problem only occuring with the classic client, enhanced client or both.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Aight, my bad, good point. My problem was on Atlantic after the final down time that day.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been having this problem on GL for 10-11 days now. A few other people in my guild have been freezing at the same time as me, while other people have not been freezing at all. The only commonality we can find is everyone who freezes is on Comcast.

EDIT I am playing on the Classic Client too.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been having this problem on GL for 10-11 days now. A few other people in my guild have been freezing at the same time as me, while other people have not been freezing at all. The only commonality we can find is everyone who freezes is on Comcast.
I'm on Comcast too. And the shard I'm on 99% of the time is Siege. Using classic client.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Classic client.

Comcast ISP.

Great Lakes and Atlantic servers.

Have watched multiple movies (without KylieKinslayer's wife).

Haven't played today, so maybe we'll get superduper lucky and the problem will have already fixed itself with the new week.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Comcast

Catskills and Siege

EC

Kyra uses CenturyLink, Plays on Catskills, and uses EC

Haven't been on today yet so no update since last night.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On CC crash way too much on Atlanta since last weekend. All the time! WHAT DID U DEVS DO??????

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same problem today, but even more frequently tonight on GL.

Lockup 10 seconds, come back, 3 steps, lockup, comeback. Rinse and repeat.

Myself, and another guildie. Good times.

Classic client, Great Lakes, east coast, Comcast. Tralala...

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Comcast

mainly catskills,

frequent chessy, ls, atl, europa, baja, napa

lock up problems mainly on cats, atl, chessy..

just locked up again (ON CATS) as i type this

A

anna anomalous

finally hit me now too. using both the EC and CC on Atlantic and Siege, cant hide from it.

i'm on comcast, is this only a comcast issue?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am on comcast and am in oregon and am having the same issue

U

unified

I'm having the same problem. I play on Great Lakes, using the EC, and my ISP is Comcast.

It looks like this is definitely a Comcast issue.

Thanks for all the extra information folks. Now, let's see if we can put some fire under Comcast for answers!

enderz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This started happening to me frequently tonight.

Comcast, LS, classic client.

played for round 7-10 min then freeze for a few then dc.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:thumbdown:
So you are making an A$$ out of yourself by A$$uming this is a CC problem. I am using the CC and I am not having any of these problems.

G

GreekHero

Hey guys I am glad I am not alone. ATL and Comcast here. Has been going on for the past 2 weeks. Lag spikes and dropped connections. How can we report this?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is making the game just about unplayable. Can't click on containers if you have a few already open. Can't move stuff around inside containers. If someone says a long sentence in general chat or two people say something almost simultaneously in general chat, everything freezes for a good 20-30 seconds and if you're lucky then it all catches up. If you're not, you end up being disconnected. If you're out hunting and your pet or a monster is taking a lot of damage, you freeze and maybe you come back to see numbers flying and all catches up. If not, you freeze and eventually disconnect.

It feels like there's a capacity problem of some sort that reaches a critical point and then either resolves itself without you being disconnected or resolves itself by disconnecting you, but not sure what the technical explanation is. Haven't noticed it with just using Internet Explorer but this has been getting worse and worse inside UO now for a week or longer.

U

unified

Sadly, my call to Comcast resulted in no help. It is of no surprise since I am not having any other connectivity issues outside of the game. Suffice it to say that, even though most of us having the problem uses Comcast, it may be because Comcast has such a wide reach and may not be a Comcast issue since we are not having problems outside the game.

My accounts are supposed to renew later this month. I will watch this closely because, in reality, no matter the culprit, it makes no sense to pay to play when you can't play. If it comes to that, I will keep my accounts closed until a solution is found. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon. I have sent a bug report to EA. As this is a matter affecting a lot of us, they may actually have a solution.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No sense calling Comcast its not them.. several different ISP's have been listed with the same problem.

Anyway I just did a good 2 hours straight on Siege and had no crashes.

Some weird freezes.. usually moving stuff from pack to bank and back.. or organizing packs.
Between 14 and 28 seconds..

But no crashes.

L

Luke Carjacker

I'm experiencing this problem on Atlantic. I do not have this problem on Pacific. 2 computers, same internet connection, logged in at the same time. One freezes and disconnects, other doesn't. A quick survey of the responses above makes it look like maybe west coast shards are OK, but Midwest & East are bad? Don't know.

U

unified

A quick survey of the responses above makes it look like maybe west coast shards are OK, but Midwest & East are bad? Don't know.
Yep. It appears that it is a Midwest & East coast shard issue no matter the ISP. Looks like Comcast gets a free pass this time. :)

I did put in a support request and was chatting with them until I was asked to disable background tasks. Of course one of the tasks was for my video card and ...

On the plus side, the entire chat was saved, including system information file that I uploaded to them. I updated my question and am now waiting for their response.

I do encourage others to at least send in an email about the problem so that they can see how serious it is and look for a solution or at least make an official announcement about it.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It would be very helpful if Mythic would now finally enable ICMP (= Ping) on all new Server NICs (not only the "central" / pointer) for diagnostic purposes.

On Great Lakes [63.117.27.139], Legends [63.117.27.140], Catskills [63.117.27.141], Siege Perilous [63.117.27.142] and Test Center [63.117.27.129], not even the central / pointer IP is ping responsive. :rant2:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I won't necessarily say comcast for sure. i'm having the same exact issue and have time Warner.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just sent something in to EA through the support website. Somehow doubt it will do any good....

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I usually expect to read a more refined and qualified situation assessment from someone with your technical abilities... :thumbdown:

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One crash tonight on Siege.. at the bank.. unloading my pack into the bank box.

12:56 am

I think we should list times. I'd like to see if it's happening at the same time for everybody.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same problem with 30 freeze lag and sometimes disconnects after the 30 sec.

Comcast

Atlantic

I run my network on Comcast and only my UO pings were stretching out during the lag, not my ping to other servers.

C

chris12903

I am having the same issue for about the last 10 days now. I am away from home during the summer and have to use a wireless card. I thought the problem might have been the card but it looks like even the wired users are having same problem.

Lake Superior
Alltel Wireless

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One crash tonight on Siege.. at the bank.. unloading my pack into the bank box.

12:56 am

I think we should list times. I'd like to see if it's happening at the same time for everybody.
Typically me and some guildies on GL we will all freeze at the exact same time, just some longer then others, some lose conn some dont.

W

Wojoe

EA must be in denile again....When half the people in your guild and other guilds all crash at the same time its a safe bet its the game!