• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's play a game!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Post one totally random thing about UO that got changed (for good or bad). Something you remember from a long time ago that would make a vet say "oh yeah! I remember that!"
You can only post 1 at a time and you can't go again until someone else posts.
Go!

Remember when mounting an ethy was instant?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember when houses had to be refreshed weekly by opening the door or they would collapse, and you needed a key to get into your house? If the key was stolen by a thief they literally could lock you out of your own house forever.

I'm so glad they changed that....

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
remember living out of a tent that had 1 chest in it, if you do chances are you lived out of that one chest with 2 or 3 other people as well!
(remember living in a tent surrounded by 100 other tents in a tent town!!)

remember tents going away and never coming back.
some days i miss tents.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when trammel first came out and we had to use moonstones which would open a gate to Fel or Tram...

Well when it all first began, and pirating was a big thing back in the day.... You were able to go to the persons locations, on either side, use the moonstone on the opposite and port right into their home or it would appear underneath it, and or via it could be done to steal boats in the ocean......

Good ol times when a random group of pks shows up inside your house to slay you or steal your ships!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome thread idea!

Back in the beginning my tailor bought "shuttles" of thread. You'd double click them and then target a spinning wheel and it would take 5 of them to make a bolt of cloth.

They also didn't stack.

I could keep going talking about shuttles but I'll stop and wait for more responses.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most recently it would be just about to get the kill shot on a player and then they suddenly pop the new haven teleport bug.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Remember when you would you could get insta killed if using an Order or Chaos shield and attacking an innocent player. I remember I placed a firefield on a hidden player and I was dead, think I remember I lost some skills too, but not sure.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this yet... the runebook change. This thread always seems to come up and is endless!!! hehe :p

OLD

NEW

On a personal note tough... I kinda miss using these. ALOT!

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember when it took a whole guild to go hunting in Destard and Dragons were VERY tough. Way before Greater Dragons... regular dragons were so hard to kill. I still remember finally getting my first bow of Dragon Slaying! I was so excited I ran right up to a dragon (thinking I was so brave)... thwack! Hit him on the nose and he roasted me to within 3 points of life and I went running back to the bank and threw the useless bow in there having barely scratched the thing.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Remember when you could recall to a specific spot and get the type or ore or lumber you were looking for? (yeah, put this change in the aggravating section)

I aint even going back that far...

Remember blackrock infections?! God it added a spice to hunting mundane stuff. Turn it back on damnit!
Needed a "He** Yes" button for this one as imho it never should have been turned off...

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
remember living out of a tent that had 1 chest in it, if you do chances are you lived out of that one chest with 2 or 3 other people as well!
(remember living in a tent surrounded by 100 other tents in a tent town!!)

remember tents going away and never coming back.
some days i miss tents.
Mines was blue..... Wait everyones was blue ;x

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
remember when there was no locks on your skills.
youd be running through the forest and some dullard would have a fire going and you got to close and youd get a message "gained 0.1 in camping, lose 0.1 in magery you are now at 99.9 magery"
that always drove me crazy.
freaking campers and their camping.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
dex monkeys with long spears.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh uzi bows!
who remembers uzi bow hacks!

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember GMing resist using blade spirits casted on the roof above you at the guard towers along the road?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember when the Atlantic server stayed up for long periods? No, me, either.
This post wins the thread!

It was always fun waiting to see whether or not there was a revert after Atlantic eventually decided to show up again. The revert of December 2014 that wiped away an entire month was quite an interesting experience.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Remember when we had shadows?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I remember GMing blacksmith 3 times on the same day, on the same character, thanks to reverts
Reminds me of looting a Sliver Vanq Katana off the same monster 3 times in one day, after the 4th revert someone else beat me to it...

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
remember 20 mins before server down, they would announce it and a group would gather outside vesper dungeon for a free for all slaughter bath

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when you could tell one person was using AOL internet......as everyone else would lag to death. They gave them their own server you know ;)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Remember when GMs could willy-nilly unleash deluges of rats, mongbats, or other creatures in Britanian towns?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when you killed your 1st Red Dragon solo and felt like a Boss! ;)

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when it had a good player base on all shards and a dev team that tried to make this game worth playing, not the sorry state its in now.
I also remember the dev team communicated on a regular basis.