• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legends of Siege

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I could take a stab at why Krystal is a legend then I would assume its because of year after year after year after year of pk'ing NEW members, farmers ect ect

A legend isn't always a pvp god...its someone that has made an impact in the community for a very lengthy time period...good or bad. That is why Krystal is very much a target whenever she engages in field battles.

No offence intended but I would wager that if you and Krystal both quit the game today. In a years time krystal would still be a well known name with many people having a story about her....would the same hold true for Sunchicken??

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe alot of you dont remember Tom of Terathan. Probably because he was in Doom 24/7 and had umpteen characters. But that dude in my opinion was legendary in UO terms.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half of those kills were made before she ever owned the account, and half of the other half were made when NPC's gave murder counts. Krystal is nothing special. I've probably worked off more counts then she legitimately earned.
Why u spread lies and rumor like this?

ok here is a little Krystal history:

I played Nappa. i was in Hell's Angles my whole stay there, with Kerg as my GM. when Trammel came out and ruined the game i quit uo, my friends from HA got me a Tower and convinced me to come play SP. We all combined in to WC and were allied to GC. When aos came out (WC being mostly mages) got pissed off and quit uo. i was the only one that stayed, there was a count wipe. I joined bhp as a blue, bian being my GM. we hung in yew and fought in an L shape house. back then u went grey from going in people's houses. so we would set up traps by the door, trapping people in and kill them with no murder count to take. then they had the house fix. people no longer went grey going in ur house, i took a short break cause i was not happy. i came back killed reds for a while then darth turned me red. i got sick of working off counts and stayed red, shortly after Bian quit and i joined Hel (zen) where i stayed perma red, i again quit almost a yr came back rejoined zen then hel left cause in rl he was having a baby so then we joined VMP where wyrm taught me to be the pker i am now....

and for the npc crap, alrdy proven there was a wipe after that. wich i never used anyway so try more

anyways i dont really care if im a legend to a person or not. i play to have fun and i play my own style. i dont care if u all like my style or not. im excited to get my 10k in counts soon all ligit, and really dont give a crap if u are for me or not. but no need to spread lies that's just childish and ignorant

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Do not let anyone get to you Krystal. With fame comes scrutiny. You will always be in the public eye. Such is the price...

burdensrise

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why u spread lies and rumor like this?

ok here is a little Krystal history:

I played Nappa. i was in Hell's Angles my whole stay there, with Kerg as my GM. when Trammel came out and ruined the game i quit uo, my friends from HA got me a Tower and convinced me to come play SP. We all combined in to WC and were allied to GC. When aos came out (WC being mostly mages) got pissed off and quit uo. i was the only one that stayed, there was a count wipe. I joined bhp as a blue, bian being my GM. we hung in yew and fought in an L shape house. back then u went grey from going in people's houses. so we would set up traps by the door, trapping people in and kill them with no murder count to take. then they had the house fix. people no longer went grey going in ur house, i took a short break cause i was not happy. i came back killed reds for a while then darth turned me red. i got sick of working off counts and stayed red, shortly after Bian quit and i joined Hel (zen) where i stayed perma red, i again quit almost a yr came back rejoined zen then hel left cause in rl he was having a baby so then we joined VMP where wyrm taught me to be the pker i am now....

anyways i dont really care if im a legend to a person or not. i play to have fun and i play my own style. i dont care if u all like my style or not. im excited to get my 10k in counts soon all ligit, and really dont give a crap if u are for me or not. but no need to spread lies that's just childish and ignorant
Krystal will always be considered a legend in my book. I wish we could see more of Krystal.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Krystal, babe... You don't have to say a word here on Stratics. No one can say a thing to take it away.

B

Black magick

Krystal, babe... You don't have to say a word here on Stratics. No one can say a thing to take it away.
yup, and on a side note, no one really cares about your "history" anyway, so save the typing time. ^^

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
yup, and on a side note, no one really cares about your "history" anyway, so save the typing time. ^^

My history? Mine is what it is. Krystal's history is what it is. Yours? It is what it is.

Disparaging some one's history will not win you any points...

B

Black magick

I was refering to hers... and as for points, don't care either if I did I wouldn't have chose to become a thief. Nobody cares about her history same as nobody cares about mine.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I was refering to hers... and as for points, don't care either if I did I wouldn't have chose to become a thief. Nobody cares about her history same as nobody cares about mine.
Everyone can make their place on Siege, even a humble tinker like me.

B

Black magick

Indeed, just saying at the end of the day it doesn't (atleast it shouldn't) really matter to anyone what the place is of so and so in game.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Indeed, just saying at the end of the day it doesn't (atleast it shouldn't) really matter to anyone what the place is of so and so in game.
It seems it does...

A

A_Nub Ftw

Well.. while you guys talk about history, I'll name some more people.

Masu (S) This guy was a great person to play with at the start of my siege career. Also led Samurai to win many battles with guild wars.

Vitamin D (???) I remember getting ganked, then watching this guy come with a dragon and take on like 5 KOC at a time. Probably the best tamer I've ever seen

EDIT: I will also add Speedy to this list. One time, I dueled him 3 times pure mage on TC. He won once but he gave me a good fight.

F

Feyre

Everyones just posting their friends and not really posting important faces.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half of those kills were made before she ever owned the account, and half of the other half were made when NPC's gave murder counts. Krystal is nothing special. I've probably worked off more counts then she legitimately earned.

Do you even pvp? I have been here over a year now and don't recall seeing you in game?

Please let me know the name of your nasty pk?

I was well aware of Krystal long before I came to Siege, I can't say that about any other person.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you even pvp? I have been here over a year now and don't recall seeing you in game?

Please let me know the name of your nasty pk?

I was well aware of Krystal long before I came to Siege, I can't say that about any other person.
I quit pvp'ing on Siege during the "daggering" phase. I don't cheat or use bugs/exploits, and I refuse to play against those who do. Unfortunately, that comprises about 80% of Siege's pvp population. Things have not gotten any better, therefore, I don't pvp anymore.

Good enough answer for you?

*edit* btw, I was never a "pk" at least not on Siege.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, you might want to check out the Guild War, we have had many battles and with one exception (which was taken care of) no one has complained about cheating of any kind.

Just good fights! We had about 16 people on Saturday might that fought for about 2 hours.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not let anyone get to you Krystal. With fame comes scrutiny. You will always be in the public eye. Such is the price...
I guess there's no such thing as taking pride in your work anymore. If there was no tram and pks were able to kill newbies like Krystal... I doubt she'd hold that crown.

I'm not taking anything away from Krystal. I think she's an important part of Siege and it's community... a legend, however she is not.

Players like, Wyrm, Forsaken, Meph, Quickbeam, Grot, Shalimar and even Blind Otto... are legends.

Guilds like KGB, aaa, UND, ORC, VmP, REV/OTF and EVO... are legends.

I suppose Krystal became famous on a technicality, but that doesn't make her a legend on this shard. Well I take that back, she is the legendary newbie killer Krystal... I just never knew that-that kind of fame was note worthy. :coco:

A

A_Nub Ftw

Everyones just posting their friends and not really posting important faces.
If this was directed towards me, I was in JSV and quit Samurai after 2 weeks or so, so Masu was never really my friend.

I've never even talked to Vitamin D and Speedy was just a rival of mine when I actually played.

So if this was directed towards me.. you phailed epically

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guilds:

UDL
KGB
UND
TAX
Carebears from Pac
KGB from Pac (Peaches)

PVP'ers:

Drannon
Lothar
Tolliver Quick
Pony Express
Coldsteel
Markus C.
Mad Bob

Just to name a FEW...

F

Feyre

If this was directed towards me, I was in JSV and quit Samurai after 2 weeks or so, so Masu was never really my friend.

I've never even talked to Vitamin D and Speedy was just a rival of mine when I actually played.

So if this was directed towards me.. you phailed epically
Welcome to a discussion board, when people talk to other people they will often say their name, or use the popular Quote function a forum provides you with.

:coco:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey blinky cat... Been awhile.

O

Ole Cheapy

No one has more stocked crafter supplies saved up than Cheapsuit, that definitely makes him a legend!

And I was just sitting here thinking about coming back, then I thought about my castle and tower falling and how hard it would be to get another castle on siege and decided I'm way too good (fine) for 2nd hand crap. If I cant have the best then it just aint worth it.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends are in the eyes of the beholder. i wouldnt expect to make anybodys list as a siege legends honestly but i remember all the great people that played siege and didnt try to grief people but made it a better shard because of their gameplay, those are the real legends of siege and the list is too long to type

R

Rykus

Legends are in the eyes of the beholder. i wouldnt expect to make anybodys list as a siege legends honestly but i remember all the great people that played siege and didnt try to grief people but made it a better shard because of their gameplay, those are the real legends of siege and the list is too long to type
I agree GG.. Our own RL history is filled with many individuals who we consider legends, or great people, all with varied backgrounds, and accomplishments. Some are great warriors for sure, but many were poets, philosophers, scientists, leaders during both peace, and war, and everything between. Those of you who believe a legend is one who has the most counts is just as correct in your opinion as those who feel the non-combatants like Sky, and Blind Otto are legends here.

If being a legend were as simple as meeting a set of static criteria based on available data, then why even discuss it? It seems like the hard data would speak for itself if it were available. Since there doesn't appear to be a database with this data readily available, it seems we are left with only our individual perspectives, which are as varied as our individual experiences on Siege.

From my perspective, I believe the legends, and noteworthy individuals of this shard should include anyone who had a profound impact on others, for better or worse. Some of the people who had a profound impact on my time here would include:

Kelmo, and everyone who I considered family in Iantown. I miss those days, and many of you individually. Becoming a member of I^A was not an easy task when I joined, and I could not have asked for better recruits to be a Siege n00b with. Patty Pickaxe, and Jacob Redwing. :)

Py Lethius, my nemesis in RP on Siege, and someone who I very much respected in RL, and in game.

Dagashi the taxman - Words fail me, what a character... lol

Wulf - There has never been, and never will be another one like Wulf. He spread chaos with a cheerfully enthusiastic fervor. His humor and wit were as sharp as his favorite poisoned dagger. *stabby stabby*

Wyrm - No matter what your opinion is of Wyrm, he was one of the few on this shard who was known by everyone. His notoriety as a merciless, and devoted PK is second to none.

Darth & Yoda - Legends for all the wrong reasons... I'll reserve comment to prevent my post from being deleted.

There are many others I'd like to list, but I'll keep it short. Siege is an incredible place that has seen many incredible people come, and go. I don't know if any other MMOG will ever see anything like it once was again, but I do hope to find it someday.

On a side note, I just activated my acct for a month, and will be roaming around a bit to see how things are these days. I hope to run into some of you.. :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine apologies sir, I now recall a twitching liche that first impressed/scared me too when I first landed here on Siege. :)

BTW whom are you reactivating ? I have a Sularis in my MYTH guild need to know if he wishes to remain there or go over to TnT Tna or wherever sir.

WE ALL FORGOT SOMEONE :

I hereby nominate...................as a Siege Legend..... till he got fried.....

Sloan's BBQ the chicken !

:danceb:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of legends of Siege,

ya know you played on Siege too long when IN rl you are laughing at a newer tire commericial, that reminds you of someone of Siege. Hubby asks what is so funny ?

And I say, the music in the background he wants to hold it and never let go.

Then when the tire exits the assembly line the Mich. Tire guy gets all teary eyed and sad, cuz he did not hold onto it, till another tire comes down the line.

So hubbys says and this commercial reminds you of someone in the game ?

I laugh say, yeh.

Hubby says to me, you play a WEIRD GAME on some weird shard.

I say, yep . :)

S

Shadow Seer

Mine apologies sir, I now recall a twitching liche that first impressed/scared me too when I first landed here on Siege. :)

BTW whom are you reactivating ? I have a Sularis in my MYTH guild need to know if he wishes to remain there or go over to TnT Tna or wherever sir.

WE ALL FORGOT SOMEONE :

I hereby nominate...................as a Siege Legend..... till he got fried.....

Sloan's BBQ the chicken !

:danceb:
BBQ was assasinated by SBH at Sloan's dueling house.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

I know the bird got fried, I just forgot whom did it to poor BBQ the chicken, I still kinda miss that chicken though on Siege.

*moment of silence for BBQ the chicken of Siege Perilous *

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

^^ the coolest guys to ever grace siege with their presence (self = jon blade i think)

A

Arden

So a legend, from how I read this thread, is someone who affects the shard in some way, negative or positive. So here are a few:

40 Thieves - Ash, Trai - We drove the entire ORC guild to either quit the game or leave the server. It may have been **** of us, but it sure was fun.

Revvo, Feyre, Shakaja - These three changed how people played Siege. Nearly every wonky template came from these three. When people were complaning about doom being hard they were soloing it. When doom was made harder they were still soloing it. Unfortunatly, bugs and thus expoits are a huge part of ultima, and they discovered many of them.

Kelmo - Siege boards here on stratics were likely the most lively forums on all of stratics. This was because we were able to get away with so much. Someone had to be some what on our side.

Forsaken - (yes pvp'r) Was probably the only person worth pvping on this server, and prob will remain that way till they close this game down. Also the only person that made me care about dueling.

My (un)honorable mentions in no particular order:
a free sandwich
Goodguy
Puffy
Tetsujin (w/e was his first name on the server...)
Lothar
WyRm
Krystal
Petra Fyde
Wolf
Yoda and Darth (b/c they have to be mentioned together, ***gets)
Py Lethus (however u spell it)
Yasou (w/e WAKA)
Famine

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh, thanks for bring back the FVO/SP! days dave. Tons of fun things going on back then and a lot of fun people. My computer from back then crashed so i lost all my screen shots from that time.

A few names that come to mind from then are
crazy joe
neon ninja
jim beam
and of course everyone dave mentioned

I would have to put 75% of my best uo days with all of the guys in REV/OTF, so most of my names would come from that time

However, to me the real legends are all the people that I played with and had a good time with. This is a great game, but the people you play it with are what really make it what it is. You all know who you are and have been and it was a good time.

Sandwich

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Path, check your ICQ. I sent you Revvo's vent info.

Feyre and Gonthrax have resurfaced and we are back to being sweet dudes together.

seems ICQ isn't cooperating. check your PM's

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have hesitated to post in this thread. At first, I felt like I haven't been on Siege long enough- even though it's been 5 years. My frame of reference from which to draw from is much different from someone who has been here since the start. Then, I worried I would start mentioning people who I considered friends and who I respected- and that does not make a person a legend. Also, I have never been actively involved in the PvP side of things here (the most PVP action I saw was during VMPs raid on Iantown and my brief time playing a necro fencer) so I can't name legends of PVP. I can only go by what I read here.

My criteria for a "LEGEND" is the same as Rykus described. I have thought about who I would pick every time I see this thread, and I think I have come up with a list.

Freja and Shalimar- for their devotion and dedication to the new citizens of Siege. Who else has dedicated their game play to helping new people get started here? I makes me sad that no one has mentioned either of them yet.

Wyrm- for his unfaltering RP and PK style. Plus,who else stayed in char even in Vent?? I miss that guitar playing, singing vampire!

Py Lythius- for his RP and the standards he set for his Knights. I miss the patrols of KSS soldiers, looking for criminals and protecting the innocents.

Revvo and Shak- for same reasons Arden mentioned. Arden, you might even be a lengend for your "shenanigans". ;)

Kelmo- I know he doesn't want to be mentioned, but he has played an important role on Siege. From Mayor if Iantown to Siege Mod, he is well known through the lands.

The ORCs and UND- they departed Siege soon after my arrival, but they left an impression on me. Their RP was impressive. It's sad they left.

I would like to give honorable mentions to these people-

Castor and Skylark- they have to be mentioned together. The muscle-flexing blaze warrior and the pacifist with a passion for style.
Sloan and BBQ
Blind Otto
The Founders of Iantown, DTA, and CWS
Dagashi and the Taxmen
Yasou and WAKA- I don't think there has been a group like that since them.
Queen Zen- her posts are legendary! :p

I know there are more. I will probably be back to edit.

O

Ozatar

Names and Guilds I remember from the early days of SP

Within the first week the realm was reset if i remember correctly

BIH (Brothers in Honor)
WC (Wicked Clowns)
CE (Criminal Element)
GC (Guardians Chosen) aka The Caball
AoD (Angels of Death)
RoK (Royal Order of Knights) First legit Castle
SUN (Banned for duping a Castle)
ToM (Temple of Mondain)
TaK (House of Tak'ir)
I (The Imperium)
UDL (Undead Lords)
LAW (Legion of Angry Warriors)
VJ (Vigilante Justice)

Vaniir (GC)
Sath Tak'ir (Tak)
Crassius Tak'ir (Tak)
Mahja (BiH)
Thandarian (BiH)
Oliver Holmes (RoK) (LAW) (BiH)
Sistro Mondain (CAT) (BiH)
Fireball (BiH)
Katrina (GC)
BiLL GaTeS (GC)
Nut (WC)
Nubluk (UDL)
Jetstar (KGB)
Wacker (AoD)
WORD
Freja - (Queen Outlaw)
a sewer rat (Moonglow Theif)
Romp (ToM)
MOCKER
Darkman X
Knives (I)
MISKO (RoK)
Bushmaster (RoK) (BiH)
Ayn (RoK) (LAW) (BiH)
Challenger (RoK)
Wolf (VJ) (BiH)
Conary Mor (RoK)

Other notables

Fear from Battle Vortex
Corwin
Crazy Joe
Turtle Chomper

Freeze (WW) owned by Sistro Mondain

Oh and btw Freja MOCKER was not Wacker :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Nice list you got there Ozatar, miss that time badly.

F

Fabienne

For me it had nothing to do with who was the leetest or the best pvper... it was the personality and life they brought to Siege.

People who made Siege the best place in the world when I was here were people like Py, Aeric, Kelmo, Dagashi, Asmodi, Corwin, Beautiful Hawk, Castor, Dewyn, Skylark... guilds such as I^A, VmP, KSS, VJ, UND and the few Orcs that were around during my time.

And while I get nostalgic and miss Siege sometimes, I know my experiences are best left in the past and not to come back as I will be disappointed and dont want to spoil the good memories.

I play with a lot of old Siege people in WoW and we are all thankful for the good times we had here, we look back with fond memories but have no desire to come back anymore.

Every now and then though I like to pop my head in and look around to check up on Kelmo... ;)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play with a lot of old Siege people in WoW and we are all thankful for the good times we had here, we look back with fond memories but have no desire to come back anymore.
ROFL. WoW is basically Trammel Warring with Insurance...only the insurance doesn't cost any gold...la

A

Arden

ROFL. WoW is basically Trammel Warring with Insurance...only the insurance doesn't cost any gold...la
Obviously you've never played the game for more than 10mins. When you die your gear gets damaged and needs to be repaired. Yes pvp deaths don't damage your gear however a player beating on you does damage it. So you are paying for repairs whether you live or die.

Wow has a fair share of pvp newbies, however after doing both Wow and UO pvp, Wow pvp is much more balanced (which is why I liked UO pvp, Necro/Ninja/Mage FTW), and WoW pvp takes much more timing and team coordination than UO ever took.