• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legends of Siege

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege in UOR was amazing. Legendary fights...
UOR did hurt Siege badly, we lost whole guilds, one of them was GC..

Before UOR, mages could use plate armor and could pre cast. There was other changes too that made alot of mages give up.

Also we lost alot of PvM'er and crafters who moved back to their old shard to live in Trammel.

They did choose Siege because the community was better here but they could not resist the new carebear land.

Siege was fun befor UOR, after it had died a little with each new exp pack.

Back to topic

What do it take to be a legend. I had seen so many over the years I would consider a legend.

B

Bruin

Well, when I posted this thread I considered for a person to be a legend they had to have a deep impact on shaping how this shard is today. That means they had to have been very active in one of the below aspects for generally at least half the life of the shard, so 5+ years. Which is why many people who would be considered very influential today are not in my mind legends, only because they haven't been around long enough to be a shard legend. What I was looking for were people who:

The pvpers who garnered the utmost respect.
The shard activists who have helped shape who Siege is.
Those who have defined the political landscape.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja, Mages could precast on siege pre-uor but they could not wear plate. Stealthers and Mages were able to wear studded leather for a short period though.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, when I posted this thread I considered for a person to be a legend they had to have a deep impact on shaping how this shard is today. That means they had to have been very active in one of the below aspects for generally at least half the life of the shard, so 5+ years. Which is why many people who would be considered very influential today are not in my mind legends, only because they haven't been around long enough to be a shard legend. What I was looking for were people who:

The pvpers who garnered the utmost respect.
The shard activists who have helped shape who Siege is.
Those who have defined the political landscape.
A lot of the people even you mention were not very active in any of those aspects for 5+ years.

Each era in UO has had new legends emerge. Those legends in precast w/halberd days were not the same legends in UOR, which were not the same legends as AoS and so on.

On atlantic, I'm a legend in Pre-UOR (BlacK RaiN) and UOR (Draxous) but absolutely nothing from AoS on.

PvP Legends emerge from their respective eras.

Any serious PvPer has the utmost respect for Forsaken. His skill level is undisputed. Period. If he made a post saying I'm better than anyone on this shard, there isn't one person who could argue with him. Of course he's never made a post like that, because by being the absolute best... he's never had to.

A legend is a legend.

EDIT: I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over this. This thread is quickly becoming worthless.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja, Mages could precast on siege pre-uor but they could not wear plate. Stealthers and Mages were able to wear studded leather for a short period though.
I'm not sure you are right about that, but it was uor that made GC quit, there was some changes that forced mages to changes their template, can't remember all of it.

I still remember uor as the public that killed tankmages.

I can't find other than this changes:
Armor Changes
Armor ratings and dexterity penalties will be modified. The table below illustrates the changes:

Armor Type AR Rating Dex Penalty (full set)
Plate 40 -22
Female Plate 30 -5
Chain 28 -12
Ring 22 -6
Studded Leather 18 0
Leather 13 0
Bone 30 -15

Additionally, leather armor will not cause any meditation or stealth penalty.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I despise these types of posts. Rather, I despise my memory. I KNOW I will end up forgetting to add someone, or misspell their name, and then they'll lurk behind a tree near my house for the next 3 months, probably armed with a large dragon.

Anyway, those I CAN remember:

Aeric Horn
Py Lethius
Siofra
Mac
Venger
Queen Zen
Mjolnaara
Kelmo
WyRm
Shalimar
Freja
Castor
Skylark
Hoffs
Memnoch
Dola
Grot
Felenious
Tigsalot
Sloan
Folger
Miss Tea
All of Bloodforge clan's orcs
Subishi

*goes to find memory medication*

U

uomlplayer

Before UOR the med skill didnt exist, thats why mages could wear platemail without restrictions.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure you are right about that, but it was uor that made GC quit, there was some changes that forced mages to changes their template, can't remember all of it.

I still remember uor as the public that killed tankmages.

I can't find other than this changes:
Changes UOR (what brought Trammel and Siege) to Ultima Online were as follows:

UOR
No more precasting.

When you casted a spell your spellbook would automatically be equipped.

Mindblast now did damage based on the spread of your stats. So if you were 100str 100int/dex and 25in whatevers left... you get hit for crazy damage... 40+ which back then was crazy damage for a quick 5th circle spell. (This was an era where I would carry a wizards hat which altered stats with me.)

Special moves became a part of the fighting skills: fencing (paralyze,) macing (crushing,) and swords (concussion.) And it was for only certain weapons... for example: a spear would do the special move, but a kryss wouldnt.

The chance to do a special move depended on your intelligence. (Higher int = higher chance.) They went off randomly (RNG) and not by the push of a button.

AR (Armor's) range was from 0 to 70 just like it is today... the only problem was-was that damn near no one knew how to get 70AR (cept a few) and it was by wearing indestructable/invulnerable magic plate armor w/ indest/invulnt shield.

Think of it like this... AR = Physical Resist and having GM Magic Resist automatically gave you in todays terms 60 in all elemental resists. (The big reason I've always lobbied for going back to a similar system. Ironic how I've gotten the strongest kickback from those who claim they loved PreAoS the most!!!)

Regular GM plate suit gave you 40? or was it 44? - AoS is what changed our armor formulas. The only bug that was fixed, was with UOLBR where you could wear chain mail legs under your plate suit. (Something I abused pre-UOR to run a suit of 70AR with a DP spear and over 500 charges of magic reflect... ie, it made me damn near invincible.)

UO LBR (Lord Blackthornes Revenge) brought a few more changes.

Casting spell no longer auto-equipped spellbook.

Harm, Fireball, Lightning, and Magic Arrow now did damage based on distance (not the circle of spell they were.) Meaning the closer to your opponent you were, the more damage they did to them.

Mindblast was changed to be capped. Still worked the same way, but wasn't as bad as UOR.

Somewhere in between UOR and LBR this was changed: Anat + Wrestling = stun punch special move. (Heal mages became quite popular.) and Arms Lore + Wrestling = disarm (disarm thiefs come to mind.)

The events that brought us Factions, savage paint, bolas, orcish bows and tribal spears came about.

Which sums up that era of UO.

The funny thing is that Siege... is a UOR shard. Not a pre-UOR shard (with precast and halberd mages.)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before UOR the med skill didnt exist, thats why mages could wear platemail without restrictions.
Meditation came in with Evaluating Int and Anatomy... which was well over a year before UOR... in fact I think that was just before or around when t2a came about.

U

uomlplayer

Meditation came in with Evaluating Int and Anatomy... which was well over a year before UOR... in fact I think that was just before or around when t2a came about.

I think i justed worded it wrong or you justed misunderstood,Tib said you could not wear plate back then,I was trying to say that you could wear plate back then ,Because there was no med skill then...

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The med and eval changes came in early 99 almost 6 moths prior to siege being opened. NO one ever ran mages on siege in plate armour. The only plate wearing casters were dexers with mage as an auxillary skill for fast heals, cures, and transport.

P.S.

Orcs used to hate our crew of heavy plate wearing archers when we would get ina cross heal circle:). I was an archer mage back in those days... fun fun.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege came 7 month before UOR
Siege: September 1999
UOR: April 2000

UOR
No more precasting.

Could you use a weapon, when casting before this changes?

Special moves became a part of the fighting skills: fencing (paralyze,) macing (crushing,) and swords (concussion.) And it was for only certain weapons... for example: a spear would do the special move, but a kryss wouldnt.
I sure did sell alot of spears at that time, it stopped with AoS

The funny thing is that Siege... is a UOR shard. Not a pre-UOR shard (with precast and halberd mages.)
Here you are wrong, Siege was born 7 months before UOR.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege came 7 month before UOR
Siege: September 1999
UOR: April 2000

UOR
No more precasting.

Could you use a weapon, when casting before this changes?

I sure did sell alot of spears at that time, it stopped with AoS

Here you are wrong, Siege was born 7 months before UOR.
Oh, you mean before it was wiped?

Perhaps, but Siege (the real Siege... the Siege that we play) was not a pre-UOR shard.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People come and people go.. and they all make different impressions on each of us which is what makes them "Legends" in the way they affected our lives and game play.. positively or negatively.

My List... in chronological order:

Sloan
Kelmo
Py Lethius
Subishi
WyRm
Castor
Memnoch
Dagashi
Rykus
Skylark
Mac
Siofra
Katherine
Severina
Rico
Spree
Patty Pickaxe
Miss Tea
Folger
Grot
Dola
Revvo
Mjolnaara
Queen Zen
Yasuo
Maleeka
Cybernickel
Krystal
Crunch
Shalimar
Freja
Pyrite
Kat
Blind Otto
Aeric Horn

Many more are/were just really good friends..

B

Bennos Morales

People come and people go.. and they all make different impressions on each of us which is what makes them "Legends" in the way they affected our lives and game play.. positively or negatively.

My List... in chronological order:

Sloan
Kelmo
Py Lethius
Subishi
WyRm
Castor
Memnoch
Dagashi
Rykus
Skylark
Mac
Siofra
Katherine
Severina
Rico
Spree
Patty Pickaxe
Miss Tea
Folger
Grot
Dola
Revvo
Mjolnaara
Queen Zen
Yasuo
Maleeka
Cybernickel
Krystal
Crunch
Shalimar
Freja
Pyrite
Kat
Blind Otto
Aeric Horn

Many more are/were just really good friends..
bah, you left out Lindisfarne, and he happened to be the one to put together your departure from these shores. Remember Dot Island? apparently not.....oh well. ;)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bah, you left out Lindisfarne, and he happened to be the one to put together your departure from these shores. Remember Dot Island? apparently not.....oh well. ;)
Oh of course I do! And, you're right, I suppose I should have listed Lindis since his was the last name I saw when I logged out for the last time. :)

S

Sunchicken

I nominate sunchicken to be a legend.... If these people were as good and noble as you claim why have they abandoned us now?? I will continue to log onto siege perilous untill the day they shut ultima online down. And being as 97.654% of the shard runs when i cast a defensive spell i believe that makes me a current top dog....

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I nominate sunchicken to be a legend.... If these people were as good and noble as you claim why have they abandoned us now?? I will continue to log onto siege perilous untill the day they shut ultima online down. And being as 97.654% of the shard runs when i cast a defensive spell i believe that makes me a current top dog....
How curious...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
if your courious id gladly give you a personal demonstration of my skills then i would gladly sell you back your wares afterwards....
I have seen many with game "skills". I have met a very few lengends.

S

Sunchicken

Fair enough i guess....

But to my defence who was the last noticable pvpable mage to show up on the shard before me>>?

This shard is lacking in the legends department. I keep seeing a name of a noobie mule killer keep poping up as a legend. If this is what you consider to be legendary then it should be no time before im there...

S

Sunchicken

I do truly regret not being here for the majority of the listed names. I had a friend try to talk me into playing here the day it opened but i didnt.

All i can reconize are the familiar names to be and they consist of brokers and Noobie killing dexxers sorry but im not impressed....

If you consider Krystal a legend all i can reply with is...... WOW

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your courious id gladly give you a personal demonstration of my skills then i would gladly sell you back your wares afterwards....
I have seen many with game "skills". I have met a very few lengends.
Funny. I see very few true legends listed in this thread.

All I see is a minority of peeps giving a shout-out to their friends... or a player here and there that they may have admired, but theres definitely not many, real legends, listed in this thread.

Just a bunch of twinks with a legend thrown in here and there.

and I'm sure some of you are genuinely convinced that players like Krystal are a legend.

like... WOW.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I see is a minority of peeps giving a shout-out to their friends...
Says the guy on Forsaken's jock all shocked that he hasn't been listed yet.

Opinion's are like *******s, everyone's got one, and we all know you have yours and it's always right, so since it's such a worthless thread, go away, We'll do just fine without you. kthxbai.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Opinion's are like *******s, everyone's got one, and we all know you have yours and it's always right, so since it's such a worthless thread, go away, We'll do just fine without you. kthxbai.
I saw a pick of you getting killed bye Black Betty and that's pretty sad :thumbsup:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

like... WOW.
Except the self-proclaimed legend from Atlantic right?
As long as you're talking about Forsaken and not me... then yes.

He's the freaking best PvPer on this shard for 4+ years people!!!!

Oh wait, I suppose sucking so ****ing much that you've been reduced to pking 9500+ NEWBIES means your a legend...

hah

oh how this shard idolizes the (as homer would say) "suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked."

F

Førsaken

Speaking of jocks.. You seem to be on his and mine, and just when I thought you crawled back under that rock of yours..

Shame, shame.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Legends just are. They do not need PR. My list would be pretty short. It takes a lot to be a legend. Almost none of you posting make my list. Including me.

F

Førsaken

Legends just are. They do not need PR. My list would be pretty short. It takes a lot to be a legend. Almost none of you posting make my list. Including me.
You have your "Legends", then you have your "PvP Legends" imo. And all I can say is, majority of the people listed, do not meet PvP Legend standards!

As long as they weren't listed for that, great! If so, :lol:

D

Death of Hemp

I didn't get through every post but was suprised I hadn't yet seen anyone mention;

Puffy
Tet
Meph
Shak

Sakey and Kage could possibly be living legends I suppose.

C

Cat Crimson

re reading this thread, I am glad a couple of people mentioned Subishi. She was one of the nicest and most helpful people I've ever come across in Siege.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All I see is a minority of peeps giving a shout-out to their friends... or a player here and there that they may have admired, but theres definitely not many, real legends, listed in this thread.

and I'm sure some of you are genuinely convinced that players like Krystal are a legend.

like... WOW.
Kind of like you and your bestbuddy Forsaken? :coco:

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

like... WOW.
Dude, I can see your hot for her, want me to pass her a note in study hall....

10,000 kills is 10,000 kills regardless...not to mention she has do something I dont think any others on the list have, have a reputation on prodo shard.

When pep talk about pkers, on ATL, Chessy and other shards she gets mentioned! Not an easy task

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

10,000 kills is 10,000 kills regardless...not to mention she has do something I dont think any others on the list have, have a reputation on prodo shard.

When pep talk about pkers, on ATL, Chessy and other shards she gets mentioned! Not an easy task

Half of those kills were made before she ever owned the account, and half of the other half were made when NPC's gave murder counts. Krystal is nothing special. I've probably worked off more counts then she legitimately earned.

F

Førsaken

Half of those kills were made before she ever owned the account, and half of the other half were made when NPC's gave murder counts. Krystal is nothing special. I've probably worked off more counts then she legitimately earned.
OUCH

S

Sunchicken

as sAd as it sounds i agree i havent seen krystal kill anyone with standards in a while she did manage to kill my mule but i did get 10 screens away but was to low to call guards........ if this is legendary then i guess i automaticaly qualify

S

Sunchicken

so i guess being as i can make a legend run like a half spanked toddler girl i must be greater than a legend.... what does that make me a god????