• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lava Game Card Missing, Not Approved, Purple, Etc. (UPDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If you are having a problem with the mechanics of the lava game card, please make use of this thread for discussion.

In your post, please mention the specific problem that you are having: that it is missing, that you never received the set, that the card is there but won't load the image, etc.

Thanks.

~ Aster
TSO EAL Stratics ME

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color=red>Edited to add Gracie's troubleshooter for cards with that say "not approved":</font color=red>
<blockquote><hr>

Clear your custom content cache

located at

Program files/Electronic Arts/EA Land/TSOClient/userdata/custom content cache/objects/ea land

or

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\userdata\custom_content_cache\objects (note: do not delete your TC3 folder)

Once cache files are deleted, you must restart game.

[/ QUOTE ]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color=purple>Edited to add Parizad's blog post about solving the "purple card" problem:</font color=purple>
<blockquote><hr>

Purple Puzzle Pieces?
Posted in Uncategorized, Bugs by Parizad on the February 28th, 2008

If you do not see your puzzle piece, and it is instead a purple looking picture, it is because we’re in the process of banning your account! Ha ha! Kidding! Okay, here’s the deal: You are seeing the purple color because you’re multi-boxing. That means you’re logged in with multiple accounts at the same time. What you need to do is:

1. Close out all of the game windows you have open.
2. Open just ONE game window, and login with the sim that saw the purple pic. This will give the game the chance to actually download the pic for you.
3. Repeat steps 1 &amp; 2 as many times as needed.
4. Continue gaming as normal.

Fun Facts

* So far, 1,115 players have solved the puzzle.
* 19 characters have multiple pairs.
* There are 2 rare cards. Have you figured out which ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Gracie Nito

located at

Program files/Electronic Arts/EA Land/TSOClient/userdata/custom content cache/objects/ea land

or

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\userdata\custom_content_cache\objects (note: do not delete your TC3 folder)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Gracie, is that advice for if the card won't load?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound advice for if your card won't load and you are sluggish when landing or crashing to desktop
A clear cache makes most sims happy campers.

E

Executioner_47

I never received any game cards,not even one,so I never got the opportunity to participate in the puzzle game.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I never received any game cards,not even one,so I never got the opportunity to participate in the puzzle game.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the name of your first sim in EA-Land?
Is this sim on a premium account?

G

I have 3 accounts. Two of them have their cards, but on the third one, one of the cards says:

(This object is not approved.)

This object is either pending approval, or it was not approved because of its content.

Uploader: Maxis Sarah

Owner: Fire Hawk

I

imported_TraciRK

oh no, i cleaned my cache and now one of the cards is missing, so i only have 2

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I have 3 accounts. Two of them have their cards, but on the third one, one of the cards says:

(This object is not approved.)

This object is either pending approval, or it was not approved because of its content.

Uploader: Maxis Sarah

Owner: Fire Hawk

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow instructions above to clear your custom content cache, Fire.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

oh no, i cleaned my cache and now one of the cards is missing, so i only have 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sim was only given 2 cards. Your oldest sim on your account should have 2 cards.

I

imported_CherryBomb

Thanks, Aster.

I was on a lot with about 20 people and we got a boot because all roomies had left (by accident). After we landed back on the lot, several people were missing one or more of the cards from inventory.

CherryBomb

I

imported_Poppy Darling

One of my sims had one card with a pattern on it and one card that was not approved. If they had both been not approved I would have understood it but they were not.
I don't think it has anything to do with my computer, I think that Sarah was so excited she just neglected to get it approved.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

One of my sims had one card with a pattern on it and one card that was not approved. If they had both been not approved I would have understood it but they were not.
I don't think it has anything to do with my computer, I think that Sarah was so excited she just neglected to get it approved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem with my cards. Not to worry. Clear your cache and the other will appear.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The game is not over, until next Wed.

That said.....

I am also missing cards on the sim I created last night to recieve them....since I have *no* sims from that account in EAL (they are still in un-merged cities, except for the one that merged into TC3), I believe that makes my new sim, the "oldest in EA Land"...doesn't it?

I

imported_rpsky3

i have one card that is missing so far from one account. It was there, and when asked again what cards i have, one was missing. i have yet to recheck my other 4 accounts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you are having a problem with the mechanics of the lava game card, please make use of this thread for discussion.

In your post, please mention the specific problem that you are having: that it is missing, that you never received the set, that the card is there but won't load the image, etc.

Thanks.

~ Aster
TSO EAL Stratics ME

[/ QUOTE ]
Did not receive cards on my account. No IM either.

Since my AV sim is searchable, but not yet arrived - and since it is the oldest sim on the account, I suspect *he* has my frikkin' cards.

...and I have been so good to him!

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

located at

or

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay, this worked for me, Thanks Gracie

Mavric

K

Karm

Hi,
Yes i have a few that has not been approved on my other sims.

Happy Simming,
Karm

G

I did what you said, and I can see my last card now.

Thank you very much, Gracie!! You're the best!

M

mameloot

Gracies advice for the "Custom Content Not Approved" message is good.
I have to do this almost every day, especially if I visit a lot of stores with custom content.

I was getting that message for several of my roomies custom content items.
cleaning out that file fixed it.

This is going to be regular maintenance each of us should do.
I've put a shortcut to that file on my desktop, so I can go in after logging off and clear out all of those files.

mame

G

wow i cant figure out how to find these files and delete them boohoo

K

Kaitlynn

i deleted all the files in custom content cache and restarted the game but it still says its not approved.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If images are still not loading in your inventory, you can try sitting them on your lot then empty your cache again and restart game. Some people have better luck reloading image if it is on lot instead of in their inventory.

Worst case scenario...Have a friend look at your cards in trade window. Other people may be able to see what you have even if you cannot.

S

Sinfully Sweet

Ok i cleared my content cache files and I still cant see the cards Im starting to get annoyed and yes i did restart my game ...can anyone please help me PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE.....

I

imported_rpsky3

any word yet for those of us that have missing cards??

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Ok i cleared my content cache files and I still cant see the cards Im starting to get annoyed and yes i did restart my game ...can anyone please help me PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you try placing your cards on your lot. Sometimes re-entering lot a few times after clearing your cache, helps.

S

Sinfully Sweet

Tried putting them on lot than back in inventory then back on lot and reentered the lot like 4 times still nothing...

I

imported_Poppy Darling

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem with my cards. Not to worry. Clear your cache and the other will appear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should never have doubted you. Your advice was absolutely right.
What a job though, there must have been 2000 in my cache.

Apologies to Sarah, it was't your fault.

A

Aelisa

Wow! 5,385 objects in my cache. All clear and all good.

Thanks Gracie

Y

YellowRose5819

i had one card that said not approved so emptied my cc cashe like was said now they both say not approved

G

Gracie said to try this:
<blockquote><hr>

Did you try placing your cards on your lot. Sometimes re-entering lot a few times after clearing your cache, helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

We have some serious lag in the city right now. Alot of custom content is not loading for me when I land on lots that have alot of objects out. Landing and loading a house with normal objects in it can be hard for many without adding all the custom content in the house. The more stuff there is for your computer to load (normal objects and custom objects)when you land, the more likely you are not to get the CC loaded.

I

Isimsalotta

Just wanted to say THANKS to Gracie and your intelligence....many months ago when Custom Content first appeared, you had said to clear those cache files! I finally found mine and I had only 15,586 items in there. YES I love my custom content! Can't wait to work at the factory with my reduced lag, not to mention seeing my 5 cards that were not loaded correctly! KUDOS to GRACIE!

R

~Ruby~

<blockquote><hr>

any word yet for those of us that have missing cards??

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have missing cards. I have two premium accounts and one has two purple/green/blue cards and the other has "no" cards. The account with no cards is a returning subscriber. as is the one with the purple cards. I would really love to participate in this game like the others! Any suggestions on what I can do to get the other two cards?

*I did clear out my cache as stated, but just waiting now to get back in the game to see if that fixed it.

R

~Ruby~

Clearing the cache did help to bring up a the picture on the cards, but now they are just symbols and no numbers lol

My second premium account still hasnt received any cards

I

imported_rpsky3

any word yet on those of us that the cards went awol? i am missing one on my penny nikkole sim and it is card number 1.

G

Grumps

My first account had 2 lava card but one of them was purple. Fixed it by clearing cache. But can't view the card's number.

Second account is paid and having only one sim. Theres no lava card given. What should i do to claim my lava card?

H

Heidi14663

There are 2 rare cards. Have you figured out which ones?

I would guess 6 &amp; 12?

P

pfmonaco

Here's the kinda of problem that makes me feel silly like I'm missing something.

Day 1 when my four accounts all received cards I just went into inventory and hovered over them to see something like "Game-1 Card-5"

But now I hover and get "Cards for 1st Groovy Game" or something like that.. can't see what card number I have without going to the blog and visually cross-referencing them.

Is this my brain slipping a gear and forgetting to do something? Also tried in a trade window and by placing on my own lot. Same results.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

You have not lost your mind. The numbers on the cards have disappeared from the description. Looks like the game master decided to make things a little more difficult.

G

Grumps

what about my condition? I didnt receive my card on one of my account?

G

Grumps, plese see the update on the first post of this thread and see if that helps you.

G

My 2nd account did not receive her cards Sim name Purple Shelby. Hope it isn't too late.

Edit: I never learned to read. Just saw the link for the tso-e blog. HeHe. My bad. I posted it there as well but for some reason it did not show up in the comments.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

Edit: I never learned to read. Just saw the link for the tso-e blog. HeHe. My bad. I posted it there as well but for some reason it did not show up in the comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was your first post on the blog, there is a delay to get it "approved" for lack of a better word. After the first one appears, subsequent posts show up right away. If it wasn't your first, then....nevermind!

Status
Not open for further replies.