• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Latest Corpse Skin Update

Should people be able to running shot you at 1.25 seconds with 50 dmg base hits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny thing is I asked Zora last night when his next cry post on UHall would be... :D
While I'm lol'ing, I will agree with him on this one, if only because of the 45 resist thing. If I wanted resists that low I'd run around in no suit all the time. There are a few people I'd kill if I did it too...

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you knowing how to use a game mechanic to your advantage would also make you an abuser also, gotch ya.
Yes obviously bro! I fight him all the time on multiple shards and he has switched all his templates to this necro archer build.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes obviously bro! I fight him all the time on multiple shards and he has switched all his templates to this necro archer build.
Trolololol!!! I don't play archers at all!

Your trolling skill has increased to 109.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SO You act like because he knows how to use the games mechanics to the best of its ability that he is cheating or something. Please do not try to tell me that you have not used the games mechanics to benefit yourself. Those same mechanics are there for you to use and you decided not to but cry foul when someone else does, now that is funny.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course it does! Isn't that how this game works? You lose a fight and the other person is hacking/cheating or using a bug?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think there is some confusion here. I don't think people mind that you cannot overcap resistances with corpse skin. It's more so the stacking of Curse & Corpse skin.

phys/fire/cold/poison/energy
Corpse skin = 70/55/70/55/70 resistances - cannot be overcapped - (Focus spec only)
Curse = 70/60/60/60/60 - cannot be overcapped this is fine

Corpse + Curse = 70/45/60/45/60 - Cannot be overcapped this is a problem and cannot be intended. (Focus Necromancy for Corpse Skin)

A fix would look like Corpse + Curse 70/55/60/55/60 Resistances

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I
A fix would look like Corpse + Curse 70/55/60/55/60 Resistances
...anddddd useless template again for 5 Resist. No one would sacrifice as much as you need to to get a working template like this for an extra 4-8 damage. 10-18 it's still kind of worth it. But not much..a niche support character. Instead of completely needing something which this community lovesssss to do. Balance it. Make the stack only count for 10!seconds and reverts back to 55.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...anddddd useless template again for 5 Resist. No one would sacrifice as much as you need to to get a working template like this for an extra 4-8 damage. 10-18 it's still kind of worth it. But not much..a niche support character. Instead of completely needing something which this community lovesssss to do. Balance it. Make the stack only count for 10!seconds and reverts back to 55.
Its still a 12% Increase in damage over curse. Conflags, Supernovas, 100% Elemental Weapons, its still a solid bonus in group fights.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its still a 12% Increase in damage over curse. Conflags, Supernovas, 100% Elemental Weapons, its still a solid bonus in group fights.
Explain the 12% Increase..I'm slow with math today it seems...

Cause if curse drops 14% and a Corpse drops 22% that's like 8%

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Against a cursed character, your poison and fire attacks do 40% of their original Damage. (60% Resist), against a Corpse skinned character you will do 45% of the original Damage (55 Resist)

45/40 * 100 = 112.5%

It still isn't a HUGE Increase vs Curse, but in group fights an extra 12% Damage can make a difference. If you were doing base hits of 25 before, you would do 28 damage after.

As it is NOW Though, its rather huge.

Non Cursed Character = 30% Damage (70's Resists)
Cursed Character = 40% Damage (60% Resists )
Cursed + Corpsed = 55% Damage (45% Poison and Fire)

55/30*100 = 183% (~ 83% Increase in damage compared to a debuff free character)
55/40 *100 = 137.5% (~ 37.5% Increase in damage vs an already cursed character)

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me lay out a scenario.

You are fighting two players and you wind up in a pinch where your apple timer is up and you are now corpse skinned and cursed.

Both players have 100% Poison Heavy X bows with hit velocity and no hit spell, 120 Tactics, 120 anatomy, Despicable quivers, 150 strength, and 100% Damage increase.
Player base damage of 79-95. After factoring the 10% Damage modifier, 86-104.

This is being applied to a resist of 45% so you are being hit for 55% of that damage. 47-57 Damage base hits. Then hit velocity, lets say average of 4 damage if you are trying to run away. Without hit spell these players don't lag back when they do running shots, so with a good enough connection you can't outrun them.

211 Stamina, 55 ssi, they are swinging every 2 seconds each. On average, every second a shot is being fired at you for more damage than a pure mages flamestrike to a cursed character. Sounds fun.

And No, it isn't just ranged that is the problem. Two nerve strikes with a 100% Poison/fire bokuto under this new setup could do ~ 84 Damage + Supernova + Conflag.

Factor in an explosion before the nerve and a player could almost literally kill you before the first nerve ends.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Useless Template? I've been playing it for at least 3-4 years now, I've killed pretty much every person on Atlantic with it. everyone on GL and LS as well. (everyone that pvp's at least) much longer than corpse skin was even able to drop cap resists (my template was Always a focused necro), if you think it's useless you need more practice playing it.
I don't use it with Archery either.

Game's too ez, might as well find something different it'll be boring as hell killing everyone in 1 hit after debuffs...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@King Greg

damage modifier doesnt do anything unless you have very low tactics / anat. im not going to argue calculations, just saying i tested it extensively.

but the modifier thing is pretty insignificant.

its just seems to me that with all the modern gear that players should be doing this amount of damage.

we have 100hpr now, and 70dci suits. eaters galor

we're talking about 2 players, both with max offensive templates.

if those 2 players went up against 2 players with highly defensive templates, say a 4/6 chiv character paired with a bard, im pretty sure it would still be a stalemate. and that to me seems balanced.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if those 2 players went up against 2 players with highly defensive templates, say a 4/6 chiv character paired with a bard, im pretty sure it would still be a stalemate. and that to me seems balanced.
A 4/6 chiv class is the only thing that will stand any sort of chance, because it can negate the buffs, but everything else will be destroyed. Hardly balanced.

Having them NOT Stack, and removing the need to be pure, but still having it scale with skill. 120/120 = 55/55 Fire/Poison. Would make necro mages more comparable with Pure Mages. Deadlier with Evil omen. That would be balanced.

Anyways, I've made my peace. Enjoy the crazy templates that come from this change. There are a few that can almost one shot any player once both curses are on.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i find it hard to believe that even a 120 parry mage with 45 dci plus a bard would be able to be killed by the curse / corpse combo.

even a lone parry mage with a 70 dci suit.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who in the world is pvping with bards? Pretty sure no one competitive
then maybe they shouldnt complain. seems to me if being "competitive" means refusing to play the the best template to adapt, their playing to lose, not to be competitive.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i find it hard to believe that even a 120 parry mage with 45 dci plus a bard would be able to be killed by the curse / corpse combo.

The average player? No. The guys who never miss *cough* because it's just RNG *cough*? Yeah, they'll get kills with it. Bard masteries shouldn't even be considered for this, because they're very rarely even used in a pvp situation.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The average player? No. The guys who never miss *cough* because it's just RNG *cough*? Yeah, they'll get kills with it. Bard masteries shouldn't even be considered for this, because they're very rarely even used in a pvp situation.
RNG as opposed to what cough cough? Lol maybe their l33t haX! Any average Mage isn't dying to this template 1v1..contrary to what people think. Focused necros suck alone. They are Support characters. If anyone thinks otherwise I'll gladly show you. Unless ofc they are fighting Cossack..cough cough...then you're hacking when he dies!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RNG as opposed to what cough cough? Lol maybe their l33t haX! Any average Mage isn't dying to this template 1v1..contrary to what people think. Focused necros suck alone. They are Support characters. If anyone thinks otherwise I'll gladly show you. Unless ofc they are fighting Cossack..cough cough...then you're hacking when he dies!

Not going to get into it being more than the "RNG" here (especially considering that it's you talking...), but LOL @ focused necro being "a support character." It's anything BUT support.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You realize, if you do 70 DCI your resistance are all 65 before any debuffs...
You'd be 65/40/55/40/55 after corpse+curse if it stays stackable (44 fire/poison if you're 120 resist skill).

You could literally be killed in EO-weapon hit + painspike. very fast.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Must be nothing but average mages in UO nowadays then. -sad day.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not going to get into it being more than the "RNG" here (especially considering that it's you talking...), but LOL @ focused necro being "a support character." It's anything BUT support.
i dont know why bards wouldnt be considered if we're speaking of a template that requires at least 2 people to even be able to play. 1 bard in a group and alot of these complaints of 3 shot kills would be eliminated entirely. even just because youd have 170 hit points or the damage reduction.

if the discussion was 1 vrs 1, yeah i wouldnt even mention the bard skills.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bard isnt considered, because noone or almost noone plays a bard in pvp. Just hit him with an e-bolt, Flamestrike, AI or anything strong enough and his masteries go bye bye. And then he is the easiest target around.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bard isnt considered, because noone or almost noone plays a bard in pvp. Just hit him with an e-bolt, Flamestrike, AI or anything strong enough and his masteries go bye bye. And then he is the easiest target around.
so re-cast the mastery. again, if we're talking about 2 vrs 2, its a way to split up the damage.

but foret about bards. a parry mage with 0 resists wouldnt be hit enough for this template to even be an issue.

what exactly are people playing that they dont do enough offensive damage to keep an offense, cant get away? or dont have enough defenses to deal with an archer?

im guessing its just disarmed targets with no defensive capabilities that cant deal with taking 50 point hits.

the 120 ss 120 necro archer template also has very weak defenses, no room for 120 resist, without even having max lmc from 300 skill point bonus, so run out of mana relatively fast. theres only so many moving shots they could even do. throw a 100hpr pot into a mix and their likely to run out of mana. cast gift of renewl level 5 focus. get 100 alchemy. tons of ways to heal.

The point is necro should be useful, theres not too many good uses for necro and this at least makes the template somewhat worth playing.

Last edited:

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so re-cast the mastery. again, if we're talking about 2 vrs 2, its a way to split up the damage.
Casting masteries takes quite long. You will easily be disturbed or you end up running away recasting and coming back. Thats not effective.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just dont think the people complaining are exploring all the options available to them. probably just died on their own basic archers templates.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There is no way to avoid Curse + Corpse* without running or being a specific template, Omen DS is avoidable by anyone. I hope you're trolling... I'd feel bad if not.
I Apple after the those, and omen ds was doing 70 points but easy to recover with chugging.

Generally you just mana vamp the deathstrike templates since they usually don't have any resists.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Apple after the those, and omen ds was doing 70 points but easy to recover with chugging.

Generally you just mana vamp the deathstrike templates since they usually don't have any resists.
One spell pretty much negates a focused Necro in many many case unless they sacrifice damage. That's too logical tho...mana vamp, mana drain, paralyze, sleep, bombard, disarm all pretty much nullify this template completely. These are the same people when you dismount then para/invis their mount run in circles and have NO clue what to do. Also want to dictate OP templates tho...the day I die to a focused Necro alone is the day I get ressed drop my gear log out and delete that character. I just hope I don't get caught in fel on my tailor Mage, his suit still sucks! :( please share your l3et focused Necro temps that are so OP. Maybe a 30 sdi omen/poison strike one..those are super rough! :/ maybe if I stand still you can strangle/Corpse/omen/concussion/omen/concussion/omen/concussion..I won't heal or Pot. You have a shot! Maybe you can Corpse moving shot me to death while I don't apple or move or hop off screen to heal..I mean I just don't get how people suck sooooooo bad they can't even combat a basic template with so many limitations to it. Ohh nevermind!! They are complaining because if a focused Necro works with a Mage and gets off some combo on then they have no idea how to get rid of they die 2v1. Get friends and get good

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
One spell pretty much negates a focused Necro in many many case unless they sacrifice damage. That's too logical tho...mana vamp, mana drain, paralyze, sleep, bombard, disarm all pretty much nullify this template completely. These are the same people when you dismount then para/invis their mount run in circles and have NO clue what to do. Also want to dictate OP templates tho...the day I die to a focused Necro alone is the day I get ressed drop my gear log out and delete that character. I just hope I don't get caught in fel on my tailor Mage, his suit still sucks! :( please share your l3et focused Necro temps that are so OP. Maybe a 30 sdi omen/poison strike one..those are super rough! :/ maybe if I stand still you can strangle/Corpse/omen/concussion/omen/concussion/omen/concussion..I won't heal or Pot. You have a shot! Maybe you can Corpse moving shot me to death while I don't apple or move or hop off screen to heal..I mean I just don't get how people suck sooooooo bad they can't even combat a basic template with so many limitations to it. Ohh nevermind!! They are complaining because if a focused Necro works with a Mage and gets off some combo on then they have no idea how to get rid of they die 2v1. Get friends and get good

Guess I've never ran into an issue against that template.

Apples seem to take care if the problem majority of the time.

If you get hit with curse and corpse again afterwards, you don't stand around eating damage or a mana dump.

its possible, I guess, but I've never been hit with a 50 point moving shot or seen anyone get hit with it for the matter.

But they can feel free to prove me wrong.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I've never ran into an issue against that template.

Apples seem to take care if the problem majority of the time.

If you get hit with curse and corpse again afterwards, you don't stand around eating damage or a mana dump.

its possible, I guess, but I've never been hit with a 50 point moving shot or seen anyone get hit with it for the matter.

But they can feel free to prove me wrong.
It's possible to hit for 50's but again it has to be setup perfect. In a day though where Parry mages pretty much negate dexxers completely it's rarer to see. However with this super OP template you'd think you would see so many of them out there. I mean considering most have known about this since the publish.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's possible to hit for 50's but again it has to be setup perfect. In a day though where Parry mages pretty much negate dexxers completely it's rarer to see. However with this super OP template you'd think you would see so many of them out there. I mean considering most have known about this since the publish.

id take the time to test it, but it seems like such a low likelihood of it occurring that it's not worth the time.

I'm sure it also requires fire damage bow with hit spell and some dude allowing himself to get corpses and cursed while only having a weapon skill and not using an apple to remove it etc.

To me the defender would have to have little to no clue to have this occur as it takes several people to accomplish it against them.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id take the time to test it, but it seems like such a low likelihood of it occurring that it's not worth the time.

I'm sure it also requires fire damage bow with hit spell and some dude allowing himself to get corpses and cursed while only having a weapon skill and not using an apple to remove it etc.

To me the defender would have to have little to no clue to have this occur as it takes several people to accomplish it against them.
It's like playing a Tactics alchy Mage. You have a better chance of hitting exp/fs/AI with a hit spell/nova and getting kills

Ask @virem about temp, he played it to perfection almost

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's like playing a Tactics alchy Mage. You have a better chance of hitting exp/fs/AI with a hit spell/nova and getting kills

Ask @virem about temp, he played it to perfection almost

Yeah I play(Ed) a tactics parry Mage and with a successful combo without a nova is probably around 120 points of damage.

Add in a nova and alchemy it's pretty much game over.

I opted for parry instead, since the other is a glass cannon template and you can actually function in group pvp being outnumbered.

I suppose if you were in a guild with heavy numbers it'd be a pretty sick template.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
TLDR I sense trolls

Would like for a dev to clarify rather than bicker.

@Kyronix @Bleak

Is curse supposed to stack w/ corpse skin, lowering fire resist and poison resist to 45?
Let's be clear to them about the mechanics, whether they know or not.

The requirements to even do this require several characters and can be removed quickly.

I think having them stack is acceptable, even though I do not have any pvp necro templates.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for contributing to this conversation. The team did have a conversation about curse + corpse skin stacking while updating the Focused Necromancers and decided to allow it. The goal for the Focus Necro buff was to give some much-needed love to Necromancers. This discussion of whether this use of teamwork should be tweaked is still up for discussion but shines a light on other mechanics that may also need to be discussed. The community sets the current meta from the gear to the templates available in the world and the team tries to provide more depth in the choices available. In the case of curse + corpse skin if over capping resists were not allowed I feel this would be a bigger issue. Based on this thread I have couple questions to the community:
  1. Do you feel that PvP balance should be based on 1 v 1 or the use of teamwork and why?
  2. What is the least amount of time you feel it should take to kill a target solo and why?
  3. What templates do you feel currently are viable in a team setting and why?
I think you should start a new thread with these questions.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should start a new thread with these questions.
Agreed! But at least they used a bit of common sense when looking at the template. It is NOT overpowered to have a good group play tactic for a pretty much unused template.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One spell pretty much negates a focused Necro in many many case unless they sacrifice damage. That's too logical tho...mana vamp, mana drain, paralyze, sleep, bombard, disarm all pretty much nullify this template completely. These are the same people when you dismount then para/invis their mount run in circles and have NO clue what to do. Also want to dictate OP templates tho...the day I die to a focused Necro alone is the day I get ressed drop my gear log out and delete that character. I just hope I don't get caught in fel on my tailor Mage, his suit still sucks! :( please share your l3et focused Necro temps that are so OP. Maybe a 30 sdi omen/poison strike one..those are super rough! :/ maybe if I stand still you can strangle/Corpse/omen/concussion/omen/concussion/omen/concussion..I won't heal or Pot. You have a shot! Maybe you can Corpse moving shot me to death while I don't apple or move or hop off screen to heal..
Dismount is only a problem when it's a gank or you get dismounted by a no-dachi (because of no way to heal the pet) with a focused necro, if someone has the time to para/invis your mount it's a gank, if they did it one vs one you need to get better at pvp, because it's very preventable, especially as a focus necro.

a Focus Necro alone with the right template & suit can hit for 70+ damage.
a Focus Necro + Curse at times exceed 110 damage in a single hit.

I mean I just don't get how people suck sooooooo bad they can't even combat a basic template with so many limitations to it.
Hehe, I have a similar opinion, but more about the people who only play Parry-Mages & Disarm-Archers... it amazes me every time how the "Best" templates can (and more often do) lose to something so simple... not to mention the standard pvper's suit is much better than the one I use.

My favorite is when people live for a little while ~30-60 seconds and say my character is worthless, then they die and rage-log within the following 10 seconds. (my last pvp experience on Atlantic about 3-4 months ago, first time & last time I pvp'd within the last ~8 months.)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dismount is only a problem when it's a gank or you get dismounted by a no-dachi (because of no way to heal the pet) with a focused necro, if someone has the time to para/invis your mount it's a gank, if they did it one vs one you need to get better at pvp, because it's very preventable, especially as a focus necro.

a Focus Necro alone with the right template & suit can hit for 70+ damage.
a Focus Necro + Curse at times exceed 110 damage in a single hit.

Hehe, I have a similar opinion, but more about the people who only play Parry-Mages & Disarm-Archers... it amazes me every time how the "Best" templates can (and more often do) lose to something so simple... not to mention the standard pvper's suit is much better than the one I use.

My favorite is when people live for a little while ~30-60 seconds and say my character is worthless, then they die and rage-log within the following 10 seconds. (my last pvp experience on Atlantic about 3-4 months ago, first time & last time I pvp'd within the last ~8 months.)
I see the logic to that statement. But with the right suit and setup I can do 100+ damage on my Mage or my death striker or an archer.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see the logic to that statement. But with the right suit and setup I can do 100+ damage on my Mage or my death striker or an archer.
Absolutely, a lot of templates can burst very high amounts of damage exceeding 100 within a very short span of time especially those that add supernova potions. The difference is the damage those templates do is a "combo".

Focused necro can do it in a single attack (after debuffs). you literally have a mage cast curse and nothing else have the focus necro do the rest 70-110 damage hits (depending on how far corpse lowers their fire/poison resist & weapons hit-spell)

You can't always avoid a dexer hitting you, instead you rely on RNG for most part (this is why 95% of the mages run parry). if you get hit for ~85 damage is doesn't matter if you heal between the hits or not you will die in 2-3 hits every time unless you're able to stay out of the dexers range. (no supernova's needed)

There's a genius in the template which is why I like it so much. the damage is exceptionally good, but it's very weak defensively (most of the defensive weakness can be made up by action/awareness though), the rest is RNG as far as hitting/being hit goes.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Everyone that fought me without 2+ people. Sorry, I've killed you, your guildy made the mistake of going into the arena with me, ez win.
Never happened, you never had me, you never had your car

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i dont know why bards wouldnt be considered if we're speaking of a template that requires at least 2 people to even be able to play. 1 bard in a group and alot of these complaints of 3 shot kills would be eliminated entirely. even just because youd have 170 hit points or the damage reduction.

if the discussion was 1 vrs 1, yeah i wouldnt even mention the bard skills.
Because if u take 20 damage u lose your bard buff, so it would take 1 second for someone to negate your 240 skill points and then just kill you while your running around trying to cast them again, no one should pvp with bards ever nor should they be considered in an actual pvp conversation.