• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Latest Corpse Skin Update

Should people be able to running shot you at 1.25 seconds with 50 dmg base hits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Problem: I don't believe they're supposed to stack on top of curse. They coded the new ones so that if you're a pure necro it lowers people's MAX fire and poison resist instead of lowering the amount someone has. That's fine and at 120/120 spirit/necro it lowers people to 55 fire and poison resists. That's fine. Unfortunately, like the first problem corpse skin had, is that now it is stacking with curse casted by a mage. That means if you are cursed and corpsed you will be at 45 fire and 45 poison. This was a problem along time ago and they fixed it but they brought it back with this new update.

Thoughts on if people should be able to lower one's max resists to 45/45?
Some quick tips, if you get running shot at 45 it its 50 dmg per running shot and that's not including hit spell. I was hit with 59 damage flame strik,es.
Another tip: Max HP is 150. 3 running shots at 50 damage per at 1.25 seconds means you're dead in 3.75.

Let me know your input because I believe this needs to be fixed.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Focused Necromancer can lower fire and poison resist to 55 now. Doesn't matter if you're Corpse proof

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And it's Archery that's hitting for that much. it's easy to move away from melee dexers. Hence ranged weapons = the root problem... It always has been.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What? Sounds like you need to be corpse proof.
You can't be corpse-proof against Necro Dexers anymore. Please read the publish notes for Publish 94. In particular: "Focused Spec Necromancers when casting Corpse Skin will reduced max poison and fire resist based on the casters real necromancy and spirit speak skill."

Fire/Poison resist CAPS for Corpse Skin'd targets from a necro dexer = 55. You can't go corpse-proof against that.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Focused Necromancer can lower fire and poison resist to 55 now. Doesn't matter if you're Corpse proof
how do you do this. my corspe skin still has no effect (still 70s) when i cast corpse skin on myself.

i tested it with all gear on, and then with some gear off. it is lowering the resists, but not the caps. when im only getting it to take away 15, not lower the caps.

i used to be able to cast corpse skin before everyone had overcapped suits with about 40 necro, no spirit speak.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
how do you do this. my corspe skin still has no effect (still 70s) when i cast corpse skin on myself.

i tested it with all gear on, and then with some gear off. it is lowering the resists, but not the caps. when im only getting it to take away 15, not lower the caps.

i used to be able to cast corpse skin before everyone had overcapped suits with about 40 necro, no spirit speak.
That's interesting, would you mind taking a screenshot of the status bar with the corpseskin buff active?

Or anyone for the matter to substantiate the OPs claim?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep in mind the requirements for a focused necro. No other magic skills above 29. That includes but may not be limited to:

Magery
Bushido
Spell weaving
Ninjitsu
Chivilry (?)
Mysticism

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Necromancy Update:
  • Focused Spec Necromancers when casting Corpse Skin will reduced max poison and fire resist based on the casters real necromancy and spirit speak skill.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Randy and Della(Mike D) know how corpse skin works now, they're just trolling. And my guess is that smoot isn't focused.

It's pretty screwed up that corpse skin stacks with curse though. That needs to be fixed ASAP.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What does "Focused Spec" mean specifically? Is it just that they have Necro and no other 'magic' type skills?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does "Focused Spec" mean specifically? Is it just that they have Necro and no other 'magic' type skills?
Correct, you can only use the Casting Skill & the skill that acts as Eval-int, any other casting skill above 29.9 will take your SDI down to 15% and cancel the "focused spec".

It's a Pvp-only thing, since there's no "Cap" to SDI in pvm.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Focused means no magic school above 29.9. So you'd have to be 120 Necro/120 SS which means you'd need another player to cast curse. However there's other ways..i doubt it's a bug.

(To the OP)
But it's good to post on stratics so the clone machines can start to work. Flavor of the week...start now!
Use the bug report forum if your so butt hurt about dying in a video game OP. Or make the template yourself..I sense another nerf stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct, you can only use the Casting Skill & the skill that acts as Eval-int, any other casting skill above 29.9 will take your SDI down to 15% and cancel the "focused spec".

It's a Pvp-only thing, since there's no "Cap" to SDI in pvm.
Well this focused functions differently in comparison to a focused Scribe Mage. it's the same process just different results.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am focused. i have no other "magic" skills. (took bushido and chiv off) just 60 necromancy.

if this only works if you have 240 skill points in necro / spirit speak, plus have to be focused (no chiv, bush, or ninja) id say its a pretty large investment just to get the corpes skin curse in.

my necro / archer was effective 2 or 3 years ago when you only needed a 60 skill point investment (less if you only used corpse skin and used scrolls) this was back when most people werent overcapped so you still got the same resist reduction on those players as you do with the new 240 / focused version

So 2 years ago this template was great, now, its really only worth thinking about if your running around with a mage constantly cursing, while you are constantly casting corspe skin, and not fighting a mystic or someone with chiv. im also wondering how 120 resist spells effects this.

Alot of the time that people complain, they arent investing enough into defense, have no magic resist skill, and just want to play top damage output templates.

If i had to guess, the OP had no chiv no mystic no spellweaving, not running defesive masteries, possibly no parry or 70dci, and didnt have 120 majic resit. you could even put some bard skills on template. or have 170 hit points with the macing mastery. plus the 100hpr potion, 18hpr damage eater suits, theres many many ways to survive now.

if we're talking 2 people needed for this to be overpowerd, if the defender has a bard running with him he'll probably still be un-killable.

personally, id be more concerned about flamestrikes. archers can miss. you would have to get very lucky to get more than 1 or 2 50 hit point shots in a row.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am focused. i have no other "magic" skills. (took bushido and chiv off) just 60 necromancy.

if this only works if you have 240 skill points in necro / spirit speak, plus have to be focused (no chiv, bush, or ninja) id say its a pretty large investment just to get the corpes skin curse in.

my necro / archer was effective 2 or 3 years ago when you only needed a 60 skill point investment (less if you only used corpse skin and used scrolls) this was back when most people werent overcapped so you still got the same resist reduction on those players as you do with the new 240 / focused version

So 2 years ago this template was great, now, its really only worth thinking about if your running around with a mage constantly cursing, while you are constantly casting corspe skin, and not fighting a mystic or someone with chiv. im also wondering how 120 resist spells effects this.

Alot of the time that people complain, they arent investing enough into defense, have no magic resist skill, and just want to play top damage output templates.

If i had to guess, the OP had no chiv no mystic no spellweaving, not running defesive masteries, possibly no parry or 70dci, and didnt have 120 majic resit. you could even put some bard skills on template. or have 170 hit points with the macing mastery. plus the 100hpr potion, 18hpr damage eater suits, theres many many ways to survive now.

if we're talking 2 people needed for this to be overpowerd, if the defender has a bard running with him he'll probably still be un-killable.

personally, id be more concerned about flamestrikes. archers can miss. you would have to get very lucky to get more than 1 or 2 50 hit point shots in a row.
You do need 120 Necro/120 spirit speak and no other magic schools for it to work. And yes! Huge investment, HUGE downsides..splintering weapons are far more OP then a focused Necro by a long shot. With that you just swing, this has to be setup perfect.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

With hit lower defense and defender doesn't have parry this isn't all that hard to accomplish.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

With 60 Necro/120 SS, your fire/poison caps go down to 59, resist or not (I tested with 120 and 0) - it doesn't affect the resist drop, although I'd guess it affects the duration (I wasn't testing for that though.) GM/120, it goes down to 57. I could've sworn I managed to get it down to 55 with less than that though...

Even without cursing the target, it's still overpowered.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh jeez! OP?! 5 Resist comes to like what 6-10 damage? If that's OP I need to figure out UO mechanics again and re-took my entire template for an extra 6 damage while I sacrifice basically my entire template. If anything it keeps a underpowered template in line with a curse..+5 oh my gooses game over, just quit now! The games broken

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With 60 Necro/120 SS, your fire/poison caps go down to 59, resist or not (I tested with 120 and 0) - it doesn't affect the resist drop, although I'd guess it affects the duration (I wasn't testing for that though.) GM/120, it goes down to 57. I could've sworn I managed to get it down to 55 with less than that though...

Even without cursing the target, it's still overpowered.
Curious. I wonder if the swordsmanship mastery stacks on this...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Oh jeez! OP?! 5 Resist comes to like what 6-10 damage? If that's OP I need to figure out UO mechanics again and re-took my entire template for an extra 6 damage while I sacrifice basically my entire template. If anything it keeps a underpowered template in line with a curse..+5 oh my gooses game over, just quit now! The games broken

Yeah I think there are some exaggerations being made by the op.

Unless he can provide screenshots, it didn't happen.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok guys back with big news apparently if your suit has 75 fire and poison you will only drop to 60.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I think there are some exaggerations being made by the op.

Unless he can provide screenshots, it didn't happen.
No exaggerating. Curse + corpse does drop you to 45/45 at 120/120. Refinements and stone form (120/120) do increase the cap on fire/poison. I just used stone form and went to 50/50.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No exaggerating. Curse + corpse does drop you to 45/45 at 120/120. Refinements and stone form (120/120) do increase the cap on fire/poison. I just used stone form and went to 50/50.
I'll check it out after work in a few hours. (Maybe.)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok guys back with big news apparently if your suit has 75 fire and poison you will only drop to 60.
Lol! Silly boi, hey cool fact! Since you're so in the knowing...Corpse proof doesn't exist for dropping Resist to focused necros. So if you're going to be a tool bag about it, just know you're wrong ;(

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
LMAO. How do people still not know about Focused Necromancers? That was one of the major updates in the last publish

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Anyway the bug needs to be fixed. Curse and Corpse are not supposed to stack. Poison and Fire should not drop to 45/45 ever.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway the bug needs to be fixed. Curse and Corpse are not supposed to stack. Poison and Fire should not drop to 45/45 ever.
Why? With apples and remove curse it's not exactly "game breaking"..I also believe an archer should never shoot armor ignores at 1.25 6 or 7 times..yet here we are..

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It obviously isn't game breaking considering it took this guy getting killed to rant about it..

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Why? With apples and remove curse it's not exactly "game breaking"..I also believe an archer should never shoot armor ignores at 1.25 6 or 7 times..yet here we are..

because that is not how is meant to work? ....
:facepalm:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you're saying it's not a bug when your poison and fire resist drop to 45? Is that what you're saying?
Exactly...I didn't hear anyone complaint when you could Corpse proof yourself or constantly eat apples. Which they still didn't 100% fix there's still ways that's borked. The amount of investment in skill and lack thereof nevermind jewls to make that template work is almost not even worth it. Try it yourself. The setup needed to even make it work is dumb. No complaints on deathstrike omen, which does more damage. No complaints on focused mages with omen scrolls hitting for 80's it just seems like they made a skill usable again and you want it removed.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been killing people with it even before the focus spec. game's too ez

Focus pec Corpse Skin stacking with Curse cannot be intended. You might as well play in a suit without resistance increases pretty much, it's funny because I do sometimes.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix @Bleak

Can you clarify this situation? Are Curse and Corpse supposed to stack, dropping a player's Poison and Fire resist to 45? Thanks

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been killing people with it even before the focus spec. game's too ez

Focus pec Corpse Skin stacking with Curse cannot be intended. You might as well play in a suit without resistance increases pretty much, it's funny because I do sometimes.
Why not? You can just apple it. Or run a chiv dexxer and remove curse and make him useless. Almost the same as how Parry negates archery etc etc..This isn't even to as close as annoying in comparison to mortal chains. You can't even curse/Corpse unless it's two people casting on you. The template the Necro needs to play has almost zero ability of survival in modern UO. Now if it wasn't focused that would be different..but it is. You wanna talk OP let's get on 4/6 chiv tamers..this is the furthest thing from OP. It's easily negated.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Curse/Corpse stack isn't a problem in 1 v 1, because a single character can't be a Focused Necromancer and still cast Curse.

But I can definitely see it being exploited in a group pvp situation.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curse/Corpse stack isn't a problem in 1 v 1, because a single character can't be a Focused Necromancer and still cast Curse.

Wrong..but ok. I mean you cannot sit here and claim to know game mechanics when you do NOT understand them...is it viable to play that template. Probably not..actually most definitely not. Is it possible, yes! (Through very high tier items) This again..isn't an exploit. It's something that's only really attainable with a very specific easily negated niche playstyle. We can sit here and go over stats on the damage it would output at the absolute best possible example, and I can name 2-3 other tandems that will output the exact if not more damage..it's just a dumb argument.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Of course it would be. But you can't balance pvp with group vs single target or group vs group. There's a reason you see very few necro dexers - if you do, they're highly likely to be Omen Deathstrike. After that, there's Yumi Archer, and I can only recall seeing MAYBE two of those. The damage output on any necro dexer template is undeniably ridiculous, but a fair amount of setup goes into it, which you can achieve on other templates with a lot less effort.

Whether or not it requires two people to pull it off, I highly doubt that both spells being able to drop you to 45 fire/poison is intended, and that SHOULD be fixed.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not? You can just apple it. Or run a chiv dexxer and remove curse and make him useless. Almost the same as how Parry negates archery etc etc..This isn't even to as close as annoying in comparison to mortal chains. You can't even curse/Corpse unless it's two people casting on you. The template the Necro needs to play has almost zero ability of survival in modern UO. Now if it wasn't focused that would be different..but it is. You wanna talk OP let's get on 4/6 chiv tamers..this is the furthest thing from OP. It's easily negated.

You can apple just about anything... this is like arguing that Spellplague was the only thing removed by remove curse or an apple when it was bugged... but this is more devastating.

I'm well aware of the flaws the necro-template has... I've played it for about 3-4 years at least just because you need two people to replicate this means nothing...
(it can be done with a single player anyway), when you only need to land 1-2 hits... it's very easy to do....-15% fire/poison resistance is good enough, but -25% is absolutely ridiculous...

It's pretty obvious stacking the two is a bug, If it's not... I'll consider myself completely out of faith of this Dev team.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can apple just about anything... this is like arguing that Spellplague was the only thing removed by remove curse or an apple when it was bugged... but this is more devastating.

I'm well aware of the flaws the necro-template has... I've played it for about 3-4 years at least just because you need two people to replicate this means nothing...
(it can be done with a single player anyway), when you only need to land 1-2 hits... it's very easy to do....-15% fire/poison resistance is good enough, but -25% is absolutely ridiculous...

It's pretty obvious stacking the two is a bug, If it's not... I'll consider myself completely out of faith of this Dev team.
So I mean let's nerf deathstrike omen..I can curse explosion deathstrike omen and insta kill..I don't understand the difference. That's without help. I've tested Necro throughly..you should as well with this and you'll see. There's probably 5 templates one can make if everything aligns it's an insta kill. This has to be set up, there's no mistake what's happening. It's not instant..the other templates are literally insta death, with much more survivability. The argument is that resists drop too low. That's negated in one instant button. Removing it removes yet another template and makes UO even more 3 templates based. Variant of 4/6 chiv, variant of Parry Mage, variant of Archer...there's sooooo many holes in a focused Necro it's amazing.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I mean let's nerf deathstrike omen..

If you run from a deathstrike while omened you deserve to die.

You're acting like there's no way to avoid it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you run from a deathstrike while omened you deserve to die.

You're acting like there's no way to avoid it.
You've made my point. Thank you. They're acting like there's no way to avoid it. I have a few. Use an apple, use remove curse, use magic reflect, don't stand still and die, disarm, (para spam, mana vamp since they can't fit Resist.) sleep, bombard spam, blood oath, para shot..the ways to kill or avoid the template is pretty endless. Heck run and hide. The fact is it's not something you can't avoid...or easily remedy.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You've made my point. Thank you. They're acting like there's no way to avoid it. I have a few. Use an apple, use remove curse, use magic reflect, don't stand still and die, disarm, (para spam, mana vamp since they can't fit Resist.) sleep, bombard spam, blood oath, para shot..the ways to kill or avoid the template is pretty endless. Heck run and hide. The fact is it's not something you can't avoid...or easily remedy.

There is no way to avoid Curse + Corpse* without running or being a specific template, Omen DS is avoidable by anyone. I hope you're trolling... I'd feel bad if not.

Last edited: