• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kotl City Pros and cons

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
5 people in our team unlocked the main spawn in 15 min and afterwards we fought them for an hour until the "simulation" ended. Came home with 19 (!) Kotl-Drops. 19 in a bit more than 1 hour (only me, the other players not counted).

Seriously, you guys are doing something horribly wrong or have no idea of group-PVM.

The spawn is fast and the droprate excellent. Use area damage such as Wither or Nether Cyclone.

Enjoy! It's a blast!

Excellent design, Devs! Thank god, we get more and more content for groupplay and less for solo.
Ya, I have no complaints of the actual spawn. Balance seems ok for spawn to player ratio to me. The drop rate seems ok. Done it twice, 26 the first time and 45 the second time.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Excellent design, Devs! Thank god, we get more and more content for groupplay and less for solo.
What are you talking about? There's nothing involved here that wouldn't be trivial to solo.

Also, devs, the dessicated larvae? The -40 stat debuff so your armor falls off into your pack? Really? Freeshard-grade nonsense. Oh boy a trivial mob that unequips my armor for me, much fun, such gameplay.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cores aren't a non-issue. 800k is an absurd price to activate low level spawn content... and hours of locking picking 6 chests over and over as an alternative is equally asinine.
I just view it as gathering keys for a boss fight. It's not difficult and 800K really isn't that much for a group activity. Nobody is asking you to be a martyr and pay for each round yourself, are they?

Should there be more chests to pick? Definitely. Limiting it to six when there is so much empty space in Kotlan, even if you ignore the plaza, wasn't a good idea @Kyronix , but its something that could be fixed. The automatons could drop cores as well (I dunno if they do or not).

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh and the one switch on the puzzle that insta-kills you? Get out. This is garbage. It's like they actively want to punish people for trying to play their content.

It's a Friday afternoon on Atlantic a day after this came out and there's seriously nobody in here. Nobody who wants to jerk around trying to shove a quarter into the exploding jukebox. If I worked on this game I'd be embarassed how everything my team adds gets ignored or forgotten in short order.

EDIT: Currently 1 person inside randomly killing lava lizards, no simulation event going on, 7 people standing around the entrance silent and idle. Occasionally one runs in to check if anyone else started the fun part yet. Boy it sure is great that you guys added all that puzzle crap and goldsink to this new content, sure is enriching everyone's experience.

I'd hork up 800k to get the ball rolling, but I'm not screwing with the random-death puzzle.

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They could have at least put some high-value mobs inside the rest of the dungeon so people would go kill those instead of going AFK at the entrance. Instead they made this whole huge place and then put in nothing but a handful of very low value trash. WTF

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh and the one switch on the puzzle that insta-kills you? Get out. This is garbage. It's like they actively want to punish people for trying to play their content.
I completely agree amount the insta-death... just plain dumb. What part of that is challenging or supposed to be fun? There is no strategy to blindly clicking handles to see which once kills you.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best tactics is for one person to be the death mule, with another mage that can res.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
5 people in our team unlocked the main spawn in 15 min and afterwards we fought them for an hour until the "simulation" ended. Came home with 19 (!) Kotl-Drops. 19 in a bit more than 1 hour (only me, the other players not counted).

Seriously, you guys are doing something horribly wrong or have no idea of group-PVM.

The spawn is fast and the droprate excellent. Use area damage such as Wither or Nether Cyclone.

Enjoy! It's a blast!

Or, for melee characters, weapons with Whirlwind attack.

BTW, if you feel like hunting automatons, they appear to be most vulnerable to Crushing Blow.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Price of kotl arties down 40% since yesterday, spamming genchat for an hour and can't sell mine, got a feeling everyone is going to get the recipes for the new arties and then that's going to be it for this system.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Price collapsing by the hour. Been spamming Atlantic genchat all afternoon, zero interest, price on vendor search has dropped another 200k since I started. There's someone else in chat openly telling me they're just waiting for a sign of interest to undercut me.

Welp that was a fun 36 hours or whatever of relevant content. I've got no reason to go back until I can do something with the dozens of drops I already have.

Edit: What an odd post to get a developer like on. If you guys planned for the drops to flow this freely you really really really needed more high-price stuff on the reward list. This is going to be glutted into near-total irrelevance a week from now.

Edit: And now de-liked. How curious.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Price collapsing by the hour. Been spamming Atlantic genchat all afternoon, zero interest, price on vendor search has dropped another 200k since I started. There's someone else in chat openly telling me they're just waiting for a sign of interest to undercut me.

Welp that was a fun 36 hours or whatever of relevant content. I've got no reason to go back until I can do something with the dozens of drops I already have.

Edit: What an odd post to get a developer like on. If you guys planned for the drops to flow this freely you really really really needed more high-price stuff on the reward list. This is going to be glutted into near-total irrelevance a week from now.

Edit: And now de-liked. How curious.
No offense, but I am glad to see content added where the rewards aren't ultra rare... Stock up during a limited run!

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No offense, but I am glad to see content added where the rewards aren't ultra rare... Stock up during a limited run!
Yeah but I don't think they plan to remove this. This is a permanent chunk of content that's going to be milked out in a couple weeks tops. Imagine if 2 weeks after AoS launched everyone was done with the Doom Gauntlet and never went back again.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah but I don't think they plan to remove this. This is a permanent chunk of content that's going to be milked out in a couple weeks tops. Imagine if 2 weeks after AoS launched everyone was done with the Doom Gauntlet and never went back again.
Treasures of doom was limited, I see no reason to think this would be permanent. But if you are right, it will needs rewards that come and go.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Treasures of doom was limited, I see no reason to think this would be permanent. But if you are right, it will needs rewards that come and go.
Treasures of Doom didn't involve adding a new dungeon and new content.

Anyway vendor search price of kotl artifacts on Atlantic was 1m yesterday, 700k this afternoon, and 445k right now. Literally plummeting by the hour. Anyone want to speculate as to where they'll end up in a week? Or when the next publish hits?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most likely it will be permanent, unless they plan on adding recipes another way. Not to mention, don't you need something from this event to make the new pet

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't that how it works? You buy something and you use Honesty? It's not THAT hard to raise....though I noticed that when I bought one core I lost 3 dots....not sure if that's how it's supposed to work...maybe not?
Yup. It goes down when you use it, which is crazy considering the time involved to max it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most likely it will be permanent, unless they plan on adding recipes another way. Not to mention, don't you need something from this event to make the new pet
Yeah I can't imagine this won't be a permanent part of the area. They were working on adding more stuff to do in Eodon after all.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Kotl artifacts down to 300k on vendor search, but I'm not sure it means anything anymore. I think it's just the same couple of people marking them down another 40% or whatever each time they get on. There appears to be zero market and I can't get any bites trying to sell them in chat even with no price specified.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WHY should there be any real value on them? This is a multishard event that has easily obtained drop artifacts to turn in for slightly higher rewards. I don't remember anywhere in the patch notes say "hey go get these arties and sell them and make a small fortune". I'm glad players can go enjoy the event and obtain what they need or want on their on own without having to pay someone else.

I think we all get the point you don't like the event.... so don't do it.

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
WHY should there be any real value on them? This is a multishard event that has easily obtained drop artifacts to turn in for slightly higher rewards. I don't remember anywhere in the patch notes say "hey go get these arties and sell them and make a small fortune". I'm glad players can go enjoy the event and obtain what they need or want on their on own without having to pay someone else.

I think we all get the point you don't like the event.... so don't do it.
Cluebat: It's not an event, it's a permanent piece of content. A month from now when the artifacts are worth 20k and the rewards are worth proportionately little, everyone who cares will have everything they want from it and it'll lay there abandoned for the rest of eternity. It would be nice if once in a while they could add content to this game that actually stayed relevant for longer than it took to code, don't you think?

I mean there has to be some kind of happy medium between "0.1% drop rate, grind forever or GTFO" and everything being saturated into irrelevance three days out. It didn't used to be impossible. When the first Treasures of Tokuno event happened, all the newbies in my guild spent weeks and weeks making bank and kitting themselves out.

Last edited:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping it would be more like ToT. We didn't need another Blackthorn's Dungeon with a mini-champ spawn.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I guess I bet the boob prize...read this was replacing Doom, so I just assumed (there's that word again) that like Doom it would be turned off *shrugs*

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I guess I bet the boob prize...read this was replacing Doom, so I just assumed (there's that word again) that like Doom it would be turned off *shrugs*
I am not sure we know for sure yet. I took it the same as you, that this (at least the kotl pack drops for turn ins) would be temporary just like it was in Doom.

@Kyronix

Care to clear it up for us?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hrmm, I did the puzzle, one switch did 127/129 hp worth of damage to me (most only do ~30ish no insta-deaths though.
This is with a refined 75/75/70/75/75 suit (human) though. That's probably why none of the switches insta-killed me... only did that puzzle twice though, so it could still happen I guess.

I like the rewards especially the craft-able equipment that requires some of the older Doom Artifacts, you could pretty easily craft 2-4 items per run of the spawn, with just over an hours time, which seems fine to me.

Now they need to add recipes for the rest of the Doom Artifacts, Hell they might as well add the new versions of the Tokuno Majors to the recipe list as well.... We've only heard that ToT would be turned back on eventually... for a few years now =X.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did it again tonight and got 26 drops on my necro-mage. Not bad for an with 80 luck on the suit. I turned in 20 to get one of the banners and was disappointed it wasn't like the VvV ones where when you click it, it has a big picture appear. Instead it has a tiger head you can just make out. If the "event" goes on long enough I will probably still get the other 5 since I collect banners, but was really hoping they would be more like the VvV ones (which I have all of)...

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rather enjoy these types of things and really don't mind the grind. I don't mind spending a few hours getting the cores and other items from the regal chests (wish u could pick up these chests after emptying). People are just too lazy to do anything if it doesn't make them millions in gold and forget to just play the game.

I actually think the drop rate is too high for the prices they have for the rewards. I use my necro/spellweaver and get 40-50 per spawn with a max luck suit so within a few spawns, I had enough for everything and still have 100's in my house. I have also been buying all I can at 100K per on Atlantic just in case new items will be added.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And if this has already been answered, as was hinted above, please give us a link.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh my god you guys, the Doom thing was bolted onto an existing dungeon. They designed a whole new dungeon and puzzles and crap for this one. They're not just going to delete it in a couple weeks.

I rather enjoy these types of things and really don't mind the grind. I don't mind spending a few hours getting the cores and other items from the regal chests (wish u could pick up these chests after emptying). People are just too lazy to do anything if it doesn't make them millions in gold and forget to just play the game.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it IS permanent, and they dont rotate new rewards thru it a lot quicker than they do the turn in rewards...they might as well delete it in a couple of weeks LOL

It's about played out now. Wonder why there is no definitive answer on this tho, or at least a link to where they said it one way or the other.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh my god you guys, the Doom thing was bolted onto an existing dungeon. They designed a whole new dungeon and puzzles and crap for this one. They're not just going to delete it in a couple weeks.

You crack me up.

Will the area go away? Probably not, but it could very easily have its content changed after a limited run for these drops.

An easy example would be the puzzles and rewards that were at one time in the Exodus temple. We can still go there and get keys for the Exodus encounter, but you cant get a Nexus deed anymore.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kotl artifacts down to 300k on vendor search, but I'm not sure it means anything anymore. I think it's just the same couple of people marking them down another 40% or whatever each time they get on. There appears to be zero market and I can't get any bites trying to sell them in chat even with no price specified.
I wish I could say that for Siege...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like the idea of using the dungeon to run different events, change up the artifacts offered and do different things. I think the ring artifact will come to be a good replacement for the Crystalline ring, which IMHO, makes this well worth doing until you get enough points to turn in a few of them. I think the relentless ripping of the new content is a bit much. I'm not saying it's perfect... but we did this as a guild hunt the other night and it went fairly well.

The only "con" I have is the constant earthquake in EC. Normally this never bothered me, but here where it can be tough to see live spawn who are the same color as the corpses they're on top of, the constant earthquake screen shaking makes it a bit difficult to deal with. Worse yet, it's probably scripters. Is there a way to shut this off in EC, does anyone know?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if the kotl event is like the doom event, it will end by 10/31 or sooner and will happen once a year around this time. I did work very hard to get boots during the doom event. seems it is very easy to get all the drops u want now. been seeing a guy using 4/6 chars using all doing earthquake. I think a couple more friends will be leaving if not already. may need to stop the follow option or something, devs been dropping the ball in this area.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Merlin seems somewhere I heard someone say to go into settings and turn off footstep sounds? Didnt make sense then, doesnt now, but since I seldom see the EC I couldnt say for sure either way

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
People were paying 6 digits for kotl artifacts? Just goes to show the Atlantic "I want it now" mentality.

On LA, from the beginning of the event, those of us that played there thought that 10k was probably about as much as they would ever be worth, because even a dexxer with no luck (the T-hunter in my sig) could walk out of a single session with 10 artifacts, and the 4-6 people with me were getting 12-20 using tamers, mystics or necros. Hell, some of us were giving a few to friends so they could get to a round number for a reward.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you are acting like these are difficult puzzles followed by and endless grind. WRONG!

The switch puzzle: Start at the west switch and continue down the line. If you get zapped, heal and keep going. There is one random switch that insta kills (kills me at least). Big deal, res up and keep going. If you see the red words, you start over. It's far from hard to do.

Go in the room just south of the switch puzzle and click to start the time turner.

Head over to the where the blue stone wall was in the south/southeast front part of the dungeon. The wall should be gone now.

Floor puzzle: Not really a puzzle, it's just a matter of stepping on the correct circle to pass each line (there are 5 lines). Each incorrect circle will cause minor damage.

Once you pass these 5 lines go through the teleport square on that side. This will place you in the last part needed to start the spawn. Head to the large room just east of the teleport and you will find 8 tables with 2 boxes each. Place one power core (forget the correct name) in just ONE box per table for a total of eight. You will see a message that the battle has begun. There will be gate out of that room at the north side of the room.

The spawn will be on the large blue square area just west of where the switch puzzle is.

The spawn lasts one hour each time. The spawn rate is quite decent for any amount of people that I have done it with.

The power cores can be bought from the NPC at the Moonglow Lyceum or from hidden boxes down in the Kotl City area. Only skills "needed" are detect hidden and lockpicking.

Guys and Gals, go have fun!
Some of you are acting like these are difficult puzzles followed by and endless grind. WRONG!

The switch puzzle: Start at the west switch and continue down the line. If you get zapped, heal and keep going. There is one random switch that insta kills (kills me at least). Big deal, res up and keep going. If you see the red words, you start over. It's far from hard to do.

Go in the room just south of the switch puzzle and click to start the time turner.

Head over to the where the blue stone wall was in the south/southeast front part of the dungeon. The wall should be gone now.

Floor puzzle: Not really a puzzle, it's just a matter of stepping on the correct circle to pass each line (there are 5 lines). Each incorrect circle will cause minor damage.

Once you pass these 5 lines go through the teleport square on that side. This will place you in the last part needed to start the spawn. Head to the large room just east of the teleport and you will find 8 tables with 2 boxes each. Place one power core (forget the correct name) in just ONE box per table for a total of eight. You will see a message that the battle has begun. There will be gate out of that room at the north side of the room.

The spawn will be on the large blue square area just west of where the switch puzzle is.

The spawn lasts one hour each time. The spawn rate is quite decent for any amount of people that I have done it with.

The power cores can be bought from the NPC at the Moonglow Lyceum or from hidden boxes down in the Kotl City area. Only skills "needed" are detect hidden and lockpicking.

Guys and Gals, go have fun!
Where are the hidden chests, and can they be revealed by magic ?

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I

The only "con" I have is the constant earthquake in EC. Normally this never bothered me, but here where it can be tough to see live spawn who are the same color as the corpses they're on top of, the constant earthquake screen shaking makes it a bit difficult to deal with. Worse yet, it's probably scripters. Is there a way to shut this off in EC, does anyone know?

To turn off EQ shaking of the screen in EC,first go into user settings,then under the "graphics" tab scroll down to where you see it say's particle filter select none!and select low for particle detail ,after that the screen wont shake anymore when EQ is being cast,enjoy:).

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know it won't happen, but if I could change one thing, it would be to have those inergy fatalis or whatever they are called be a set spawn...20 of em, or whatever, and when you got them defeated then you would have clear sailing on the pads. Kinda sucks, kill what is there and then get swarmed by even more lol.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know it won't happen, but if I could change one thing, it would be to have those inergy fatalis or whatever they are called be a set spawn...20 of em, or whatever, and when you got them defeated then you would have clear sailing on the pads. Kinda sucks, kill what is there and then get swarmed by even more lol.
If there are two people, have one walk through as a ghost and find the passable tiles. Then res up and run like mad straight through...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put off giving my take on it until I had a chance to seriously do it all. I like it over all, It is doable from low level up, does not require a guild or party but is open to that play style. No 40,000 hp mobs with mongbat level loot. It gives the casual player things that are obtainable and worthwhile. The Levers just plain suck but I hate puzzles in games period and the levers are not a puzzle just a hit and miss PITA. Change that to something straight forward. Very few people play games to spend a lot of time thinking out complex nonsense. Relaxing, mindless entertainment with a sense of progression. Love the chest in particular on Siege they are a much needed gem source. The simulation is not that great and IMO not worth the effort to activate. The turn in drop rate is better than in the other rooms but the time and effort or expense of the power things negate that. 15-20 per hour in there VS 10-12 per hour doing the larvae and fire els and lizerds. The rewards are not high end but worthwhile. Overall I like it and it is the first thing in Eodon that I do like. Personally I think Treasures of Doom and TOT should be turned on and made static and I do believe this one should be made static and perm. All 3 offer decent rewards and good mid level content. All three also offer systems where the turn in rewards can be added to and give low-mid level characters something worthwhile to do. Something UO is sorely lacking in is low-mid level content with useful rewards. IF we want to attract new players that is something we have to have among several other things but it is one of the key things. Lots of low end worthless content and lots of Elite High end content. Anyway I like it and if given a vote would say make it a perm feature. For those that don't like it, well just don't do it, if you feel it is that bad :) I for one would spend 5-6 hours per weeks doing it on a ongoing basis.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The room with the fire els get boring very fast, I would like to see more than on gem on the fire els and I would like to a rare Fire Daemons, Lava Elementals spawn there too or at least a few Lava Serpents or something to spice it up, maybe tethering to one of the corners so young and weaker players can stay a way from them.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The room with the fire els get boring very fast, I would like to see more than on gem on the fire els and I would like to a rare Fire Daemons, Lava Elementals spawn there too or at least a few Lava Serpents or something to spice it up, maybe tethering to one of the corners so young and weaker players can stay a way from them.
I would leave that area alone as it is good for the low level -mid level. Now the giant empty spaces in the North room the automatons, that area could use being populated and Crystal Elementals came to mind my first run through there since they went heavy on the blue theme. Toss in some frost dragons and ice drakes in the Ruins on the east side of that giant room. I farm the dessicated mymerdex things with a 120 tame, lore, vet 120 swords, tactics, and Bushido and my Cu or Hiryu Hiryu kills them fast but I have to heal him, Cu kills a bit slower but she heals herself. We mow through them fast and they do provide a bit of a challenge when they all spawn in the same area and swarm you. And the stam attack, and weaken attack are interesting LOL all of the sudden my plate chest and legs are in my pack. I am tore on the simulation I like the idea of it but don't care for all the nonsense to get it started. And every time I start it, I feel like I did a bunch of work collecting the power coils for someone else and I am certainly not going to pay 2.5 mil Siege to buy them. But the big North room could use some love critter wise and would be suitable for some high end beasties. The only thing I would do in the elemental room would be up the spawn about 25% and maybe add a couple Efreet. Could use another 6-12 regal chest as 6 is great if there is only one person working them gets stupid slow if there are 2-3 people trying to work them. But the chest are great for gems and they add up fast.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Definitely needs more of the chests. I've never even bothered to try for them because there's 1-2 people almost always on doing them. You could even add them to the various overland ruins, inside Zipactriotl, in the villages, etc. With the villages, you'd have to go after them like picking and stealing from chests in NPC towns, where the locals will kill you for looting their precious ancestral artifacts if they see you doing it.

Or, they could add cores to Ter Mur Treasure Maps and loot of the top monsters of Eodon (Shadowguard roof, Myrmidex Queen, Zipactriotl, Dragon Turtle champ, Great Ape and T-Rex).

Or, adding Eodon T-maps where you might get a separate one of these chests as a rare bit of loot in the chest (that will require its own picking).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few things...

Has anyone noticed a sharp decline in Kotl artifact drops in the last few days? People on GL are saying the drop has been cut by a third and that the spawn rate during the simulation has become...wonky.

The power cores obtained from the regal chests CANNOT be used for the quest to fight Zipactriotl. This is an obvious bug.

Also, shouldn't ToL recipe scrolls be dropping from killing thing in Kotlan?

@Kyronix

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Someone told me they thought the drop rate had been nerfed. I didn't really notice, I haven't been able to find the spawn active often enough and I'm not screwing with the puzzle crap myself.

Hilarious case of too little way too late if so, though.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few things...

Has anyone noticed a sharp decline in Kotl artifact drops in the last few days? People on GL are saying the drop has been cut by a third and that the spawn rate during the simulation has become...wonky.

The power cores obtained from the regal chests CANNOT be used for the quest to fight Zipactriotl. This is an obvious bug.

Also, shouldn't ToL recipe scrolls be dropping from killing thing in Kotlan?

@Kyronix
The drop rate does seem a lot lower than it was 2-3 days ago. but then I still get streaks where I get 3-4 in 40-50 kills and then go 100 kills for the next one. Still not horrible and a lot faster than the waste of time know as BT's Dungeon.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just want to state again that "pull all these levers, one randomly kills you" is a really miserable excuse for a "puzzle." It's kind of a joke that someone thought this counted as content and not random annoying obstruction.