• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items you want to see in the UO store?

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing . I want them to fix the bugs in the game and account management. This is not Blizzard are we don't have different teams working on different parts of the game.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was thinking how about something like a talisman or like a power scroll that gave your non tamer characters the ability to lore their own bonded pets.
If your human you can do it due to having JoaT, just takes a few tries with your only having an effective 20 skill.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Completely get your point but no-one is listening to me when I suggest this armour concept is a complete game breaker for me and I would like it removed.

I am in a bad situation where I like the game, but I have no purpose in it, due to the fact I hate built-in obsolescence on armour.
Crafted armour goes nowhere close anymore.
The way I see it, it is hard enough gearing characters, especially 7 of them, I rarely get beyond gearing 1 properly, then they go and make the stuff wear out on me.
So I'm sat with an entire account full of incomplete, ungeared characters, which of course is making my gameplay less fun.

So in the circumstances, my entire game is on hold for a number of reasons, and yeah, I'd pay for it, if it's something else the majority are happy with - which seems to be the case.
Because it's what I need, to be able to play and enjoy the game again.
We could derail this topic going into this, but I hear ya and read what you're saying. I just disagree, personally, but I'm a returning player so my input on this is a lot less weighty. Probably best in a different topic to go further.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have anything specific in mind, but I think the store should primarily be for vanity items and should never be anything that lessens the utility of a gameplay-acquired item or that is required to maximize an account's in-game potential.
So it's not enough that you could simply choose NOT to buy these, you don't want them to be available to anyone else either ? I don't understand that logic.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But on a serious note if they sold a token that would increase any size house to max storage it would sell. They would probably want to make it only apply to that house while it is on that account that way if it falls or you sell it you have to buy another. They could also do a "cask of fortification" allowing you to increase the max durability of a piece of armor from 255 to 1000, 6 charges, that way you can play longer before having to bring a toon back to repairs. Bless item deeds. A mount that you could put armor on like swamp dragon but without the big bulky buick look of a swamp dragon. A personal wishing well (with good looking detailed pixels) that you throw gold into and get cool stuff like (slither) being as I have yet to get one to drop or a random assortment of hard to get items that have been out for a while. Make the well a once a day or unlimited use for maximum gold sink effect with a long list of items that are viable (maybe not slither) like 1.0 sots minimum, or just whatever the devs could approve or come up with that wouldn't be game breaking to add to list. Saddles (belt slot item) that let you ride any pet so we can all look ridiculous on our mongbat mounts. Decrease the prices on some items already in store that have been out for a while. A "Pet Skill Potion" maxes all of a pets skills to their cap in one go, who here wouldn't pay five bucks to not sit and beat on a shadow elemental for hours on end? A portable stable master, same rules for areas as pet ball, but lets you pick which pet to summon also lets you stable current pet if in area that allows summons (so you don't stable and are unable to get another pet out), takes gold for each use. A "Tool of Artifact Quality Reforging" is charged by runics in game (percentage of charge based on the level of runic it is charged with) The percentage of charge used is determined by the package selected (From Lesser arti too Legendary), all items brittle as you can't have them last forever, Legendary items taking a full hammer charge. This would allow bods and crafters to still be viable. Plus the cool factor of your smiths name on it. These are ideas I just kicked up in my head in the past 20 mins but I think I really really like the last one.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A Tool to remove Antique/Brittle/Prized/ the rest of those stupid properties I hate which has made the entire armour system pointless to me.
Absolutely not. This would be the worst thing they can do.

After the global loot changes a few years back... all gear has become vastly over powered. And there is a MASSIVE over supply of it out there.

All gear SHOULD NOT LAST IN PERPETUITY forever and ever. Gear should wear out and need to be replaced.

Completely get your point but no-one is listening to me when I suggest this armour concept is a complete game breaker for me and I would like it removed.

I am in a bad situation where I like the game, but I have no purpose in it, due to the fact I hate built-in obsolescence on armour.
Crafted armour goes nowhere close anymore.
The way I see it, it is hard enough gearing characters, especially 7 of them, I rarely get beyond gearing 1 properly, then they go and make the stuff wear out on me.
So I'm sat with an entire account full of incomplete, ungeared characters, which of course is making my gameplay less fun.

So in the circumstances, my entire game is on hold for a number of reasons, and yeah, I'd pay for it, if it's something else the majority are happy with - which seems to be the case.
Because it's what I need, to be able to play and enjoy the game again.
Respectfully, I doubt that your suits are wearing out. I call shenanigans on that. Items with Brittle/Prized last a VERY VERY long time. Sure you can't powder it up to last forever, but it's not a game breaker in any shape or form.

Antique jewels... yes they do run out over time... but even those will last for quite a bit. Additionally, now that the global loot change has been around for quite a while... there are plenty of replacements available out there once something gets worn down below 200 durability.

For example... take a look at this auction, here: [Auction] - Lots of Legendary Jewelry Auction (Auction Ends Sunday, May 28th at 8:00 PM EST)

Look at all that high end jewelry and how low it's priced. There were hardly any bidders out there (only me) likely because this level of high end jewels have become so common now in the game. You can find most of it all on vendor search for only a few million a piece. If you build a suit around a jewel piece that has 15% HCI, +15 Swords... guess what? There's 100+ replacements out there for you to find and use once it wears out. The adjustments you would have to make one you have to replace something on your suit or jewels is not going to be very much because there is so much ample legendary gear out there for cheap prices.

Saying your entire game is on hold because you can't get gear to be permanent and last forever is a lame excuse.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here would be a few of my suggestions for in-store items:

A "limited use" shard shield. Basically a transfer token that has a limited number uses (5 or 10) for a particular shard. After the uses are gone... it becomes a piece of deco. This would make it easier than having to buy multiple individual transfer tokens (or rely on someone with a shard shield) and also preserves the usefulness of the Vet reward shields.

More dyes... I was a big fan of the rewards dyes that came out for the BoD update... these clearly have interest and would generate revenue for the store... as long as the colors are good.

A 'repair deeds' book. Something that would work similar to the books that hold white/pink/blue scrolls.

8th character upgrade. There is also some support for this in the Ultima lore: the Avatar had 8 companions, one from each virtue.

Another storage increase (atleast 10%). It could be tied to 8th toon token in a bundle... similar to the current one they offer.

A smaller version of a garden shed (by smaller, I mean both in size AND amount of storage). Perhaps 2x2 tiles for storage of 75.

+5 Stat cap increase token. I don't think it would be game breaking to go from 260 to 265 max. I know some people are going to say 'why not 275, why not 300'... +5 would be enough that people would purchase this and it wouldn't be a massive change. It could work similar to the existing Valiant Scroll and Ultimate Scroll of Power... only this one is exclusive to the store.

Lower price of stable slot expansion. Should be a buck per slot... not the current 500 sovs for 3 slots. Similarly, offer some type of 'one time' stable slot upgrade that will give you the max # of increased slots, along with a slight discount since buying in bulk (i.e. 1800 sovs for the 21 slot increase would equate to "buy 6 get 1 free" if they employed the 'buck per slot' pricing).

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

After the global loot changes a few years back... all gear has become vastly over powered. And there is a MASSIVE over supply of it out there.

All gear SHOULD NOT LAST IN PERPETUITY forever and ever. Gear should wear out and need to be replaced.

Respectfully, I doubt that your suits are wearing out. I call shenanigans on that. Items with Brittle/Prized last a VERY VERY long time. Sure you can't powder it up to last forever, but it's not a game breaker in any shape or form.

Antique jewels... yes they do run out over time... but even those will last for quite a bit. Additionally, now that the global loot change has been around for quite a while... there are plenty of replacements available out there once something gets worn down below 200 durability.

For example... take a look at this auction, here: [Auction] - Lots of Legendary Jewelry Auction (Auction Ends Sunday, May 28th at 8:00 PM EST)

Look at all that high end jewelry and how low it's priced. There were hardly any bidders out there (only me) likely because this level of high end jewels have become so common now in the game. You can find most of it all on vendor search for only a few million a piece. If you build a suit around a jewel piece that has 15% HCI, +15 Swords... guess what? There's 100+ replacements out there for you to find and use once it wears out. The adjustments you would have to make one you have to replace something on your suit or jewels is not going to be very much because there is so much ample legendary gear out there for cheap prices.

Saying your entire game is on hold because you can't get gear to be permanent and last forever is a lame excuse.
I am not interested in any items with cursed, prized, antique, brittle etc on, I unravel all of them.

Again, you show lack of knowledge as to my playstyle.
I can play a lot, and prefer to play 1 main only, I pvp, and I pvm on it.
I can wear a suit out very fast, even if repairing at the right intervals etc. It is genuinely at the point for me, I cannot play the game, or I lose suits.

All of this is irrelevant, I hate the style. Why does it have to run out?
It didn't In the old days?
Why is built-in obsolescence even a thing?
It adds absolutely nothing to the game, and ruins it for me.
It's just another built in negative purely because the designers are too lazy to do anything else, it does not make the game "harder" in any way, it just serves to annoy.

If it is overpowered, why is it even ingame? If it is ingame, let us use it without penalties.

It is a game breaker for me, ask anyone in my guild, just how much I moan about it every single day.

Last edited:

Aeneas

Adventurer

I think the 100-mil item was priced that high because it doesn't have the "Antique" tag.

While I agree that items shouldn't last forever, I think that the antique items are fading out too fast.

For a casual player like me who prob never farm anything worth more than a few mils (excluding the stat/skill scrolls I have since the old day running in Fel). Someone's going to get my money; either a professional farmer/scripter who sells me gold to buy replacement gears or game developers.

I remember when Doom first came out, I wanted the "staff of the magi" but I couldn't stand the process. So I contacted a few people and told them that I would pay $200 to whoever could get me the staff first. It didn't take long to get the item. That money could have gone to EA if the option were offered.

Before ppl jump on me for paying real $$ for in-game items, I just want to have fun in the game w/o the frustration of rolling the dice with the loot drop calculator. IMHO, it's no different than taking your family to Universal Studio and paying for VIP services to get better experiences.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am not interested in any items with cursed, prized, antique, brittle etc on, I unravel all of them.

Again, you show lack of knowledge as to my playstyle.
I can play a lot, and prefer to play 1 main only, I pvp, and I pvm on it.
I can wear a suit out very fast, even if repairing at the right intervals etc. It is genuinely at the point for me, I cannot play the game, or I lose suits.

All of this is irrelevant, I hate the style. Why does it have to run out?
It didn't In the old days?
Why is built-in obsolescence even a thing?
It adds absolutely nothing to the game, and ruins it for me.
It's just another built in negative purely because the designers are too lazy to do anything else, it does not make the game "harder" in any way, it just serves to annoy.

If it is overpowered, why is it even ingame? If it is ingame, let us use it without penalties.

It is a game breaker for me, ask anyone in my guild, just how much I moan about it every single day.
You've got to admit though that you're at a very extreme side of a spectrum of opinion. And you're probably very alone in that opinion.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Before UO, in one of his standalone Ultima games there was a level where a bunch of crazy human children would attack you non-stop in a dungeon they were prisoners in, and even though they did no real damage you pretty much had to brutally slaughter all the little kids to complete the mission without being interrupted.

People were greatly upset by that. He got insane amounts of hate mail and threats from people about it, saying he was encouraging child abuse and the murdering of children etc.

Since Ultima was an open-world game, just making it impossible to harm child NPC's would have been immersion breaking and he didn't like that. So instead he decided to just not put any children into UO or any of his other games to avoid more backlash over it.

Within about a month of UO starting in 1997 there was an event of these crazy children attacking people north of Minoc on Pacific. I think they went after the miners. I remember the day before I placed a large tower. They just escaped captivity and ran around wild as though they lost their minds. They were saying things I only wish I could remember it was vile to say the least. I think they were all red. They did kill a lot of people.

I remember hiding in the house after the attack thinking these crazy kids would return.

This was a time when GM's and game designers would become a monster and attack random people for the fun of it.

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've got to admit though that you're at a very extreme side of a spectrum of opinion. And you're probably very alone in that opinion.
In a world where we are expected to buy the latest Apple/whoever device every single year to keep up, yes I guess I am alone.
It has become a way of thinking.
Until people start questioning it, and realise everyone is thinking the same thing and it really pisses everyone off.

Apple never used to make extended battery life, because the product wasn't expected to last more than a year.
Now they realise people keep the products longer than they had envisaged, and their inbuilt design flaw is not keeping up with the way society use their products, so they are losing market-share now to people whose products last longer.

On one hand, yes I'm extreme, on another, I'm only putting into words common sense, and what people really feel like.
Martin Luther was pretty radical and extreme in his day, yet he was only fighting for a norm.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My suggestion:
We could buy any NPC's we choose other then a banker. Then alter his/her look. make him expensive to buy.
To avoid farming that NPC for resources set a 24 hour refresh to buy or sell timer on him.

This would be good for an alternate to our blessed houses losing their NPC's.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apple never used to make extended battery life, because the product wasn't expected to last more than a year.
Now they realise people keep the products longer than they had envisaged, and their inbuilt design flaw is not keeping up with the way society use their products, so they are losing market-share now to people whose products last longer.
I got my first smartphone (an LG android) several months back and use it mainly as a phone when I'm away from the landline. sucker can go two weeks between charges if rarely used. Just haven't caught on to why some spend their day face down in their smartphones though, a 3x5 inch screen isn't much good for anything. The time each charge lasts hasn't decreased yet.

Yes, I'm one of those weird old folks who use a smartphone as a phone, with a dozen handy apps stuck on it. Makes a handy flashlight at times... :)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In a world where we are expected to buy the latest Apple/whoever device every single year to keep up, yes I guess I am alone.
It has become a way of thinking.
Until people start questioning it, and realise everyone is thinking the same thing and it really pisses everyone off.

On one hand, yes I'm extreme, on another, I'm only putting into words common sense, and what people really feel like.
Martin Luther was pretty radical and extreme in his day, yet he was only fighting for a norm.
You're just ranting now... Like Tanivar... I just got my first smart phone (Android BTW) this last Christmas. I had to change carriers numerous times to stick with a flip phone. Cricket was the last one I used. You're on an extreme side of an opinion spectrum and you're not leading for some change. No one likes the attributes, but to say they are game breaking for you is a valid extreme opinion. You're not Martin Luther King Jr.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're just ranting now... Like Tanivar... I just got my first smart phone (Android BTW) this last Christmas. I had to change carriers numerous times to stick with a flip phone. Cricket was the last one I used. You're on an extreme side of an opinion spectrum and you're not leading for some change. No one likes the attributes, but to say they are game breaking for you is a valid extreme opinion. You're not Martin Luther King Jr.
Accepted I'm ranting, but I'm still right. :)

You even said it yourself, " No one likes the attributes".

Maybe I'm obsessive compulsive, and maybe it does ruin the game for me. :)

(And notice you're all getting Androids now, as will I be! - no-one really likes build in obsolescence).

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
(Warning! Sarcasm incoming!)
I think they should add a "God Mode Token" - $50 for 7 days. Timer runs whether online or not. Gives you the following:
Invulnerable to all damage and debuffs.
AoE Instant kill everything attack.
Skill to create anything in the game, even custom named items. These items would disappear after the 7 days and couldn't be "renewed" by purchasing another token.
Teleport anywhere.
Auto Loot and no bag/weight restrictions.
And the ability to "usurp" peoples houses and take all their stored goodies. I mean why farm for the chance at good items from monsters when I can just take it from someone else who already farmed them?
</sarcasm> :p

I'd like to see a "Soul Stone 'Binder'" of some sort. Or an account wide soul stone repository I can access on any character on a given account to move skills around.

I personally like the negative properties - it makes finding/crafting a good item without them that much more rewarding. Antique is the only property outside of cursed that really annoys me. Prized is a joke, and brittle is... meh. You can easily get good crafted equipment between reforging, embuing and enhancing.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman

:D I think I have that exact same 100mil reserve ring! Thanks for the link! I should frequent those forums more often to get an "idea" of what prices are.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riding Boots.
Allows you to ride any mountable regardless of restrictions (appropriate taming required though)
Example, Females can ride Ki-Rins.....Males can ride Unicorns....any race can ride Cu....ect.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Riding Boots.
Allows you to ride any mountable regardless of restrictions (appropriate taming required though)
Example, Females can ride Ki-Rins.....Males can ride Unicorns....any race can ride Cu....ect.
I liked the casque of powder of fort, but I think it would be detrimental to crafters in general, maybe make it so it only is useable on looted equipment?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Riding Boots.
Cool idea - not to forget boots to allow you riding unridable pets ;) *thinks of lions... and dragons.... and sabertooth-tigers... and many more )

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the Pet Revamp active now.. I would love to see a "Pet Re-Training Stone" or for those rp'ing animal lovers a "Pet Re-Training Treat". Not only to adjust where folks goofed up on high end hued pets etc, but is also good to "wipe" anything currently on a pet off. Say for example if you just want to run a straight AI Cu and even drop bleed and/or healing off the pet.

What do ya think @Kyronix? That possible? I know I would throw some Sovereigns at it :thumbup1:
You would need to have some "undo"-information, like the state of the pet before the training. Which just doesn't sound like they did that, if you read through all the patch notesy & comments they made.
They probably went the simple and straightforward way of implementing it: Just slap the new properties/skills on the pet.

Doing it "properly" would have meant adding an extra layer of complexity plus more implementation effort.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No more dyes in the Store, there are already to many. Dyes need to come from in game actions, like the Nature Dyes. I would like new plant colors, maybe a different shade of white, more shiny, you can mix with the plant pigments to get more fresh colors or neon colors. Add the seed for this colors to some old spawn and as mutant seed from cross polling. Make them rare like the black and white we already have. crossing them with blue, red, yellow, green, orange and purple will give neon colors in light blue, pink, yellow, light green, orange, purple. It do not matter if the colors are close to colors that already exist as Haochi's Pigments or Pigments of Tokuno or something else as they will give people something to do ingame.

A second home, hmm, maybe as a gypsy wagen, tent, 7x7 tailor cabin, smithing cabin or camping cabin, same storage as a British ship and can be placed and deeded like a ship and will decay if not used. Can only place on at the time, like with the new ships.

A Jewelry shrine
An Armor chest

A little boat, that works like a e-mount or maybe a Sea monster E-mount. It will allow you to go hunting on the sea or cross the sea. It should be more slow than ships.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
special boat paint

same kind that's in the captains bundle... but separate from the boat so I don't have to pay 20$ to get paints

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Stat stones that allow you to alter your stats once a day.
Hell yeah!! The number of times my stats have been flying up and down like a damn see-saw for days, it drives me crazy!!!! Why the hell can we not just have a way to set what we want them to be and over time they get there and stay there?!

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if I wrote this before but have been hoping for a Swampy alternative that is as small as a tiger or Llama. I am willing to pay money for this please... Dev I *beg*

No more vanity mount but make it useful. Many of us uses warriors and sampires. This one will make the company more money... and hire more dev to debug. lol

I will need to buy at least 2... if the armor works in pvp I will buy 6 mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... I don't really want anything in the item shop cause I'm paying for the game already, but I desperately want trees, and have for ages. All of the woodland trees you see just running around the forest. I've wanted a house that was just woodland for so long, and all I have that fits are the pine trees.

I'd really prefer that these would drop on a monster, but I probably would begrudgingly pay for them if they were't absurdly priced.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'd like to see a houseboat (looks like an orc ship but has a cabin on it). In the cabin there is a captains table with a map somewhat like a navigator's map, except when you open it, you can put in the coordinates. You could click "Set sail" and it would automatically steer you towards that destination. You might have to navigate around land masses but you would be able to fish while going there. Just tell the captain when you wish to continue.

Also in the captains cabin, there would be a tile located that you could lock things down. So if I wanted to do traders quests on a shard I don't have a house, I could add pinks to the book without begging someone to friend me to their house.
==========================================================================
instead of all the heritage items being listed in the store, why don't they just sell the heritage token

would love a repair deed book

would love to see a full soulstone that is black (would look awesome in a Halloween/Gothic themed home)
but I do like an idea of being able to access soulstones on other shards,
maybe creating a soulstone box (soulstone hotel if you will) that while the soulstone is in there, you can take the points on another shard)

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some great ideas posted, hopefully devs visit this thread and take notes.

I'd take one step back and ask them to fix the placement of the store itself; it is bat sith insane how well something so important ( for them) and profitable is hidden, lol. " Oh yeah, this game has an item store now!" is not a thought that gets to happen for anyone ever. You need to know it is there and you need to go searching for it. Only then you will find it. Accessing item store of this game is like walk through Mordor or something. I swear, as awkward concealment of your store and product applies in RL only if what you are selling is illegal. ;p

UO's shop isn't by main street or near the city centre. It doesn't have a display window, neon sign or ads in magazines. Oh no. Instead, you need to knock on the 2nd door from the left three times, pause, knock three times again. Once the small hatch opens, you ask or Morty. and THEN you get to see the shop, product, prices etc. You need to know it is there. You need to go looking for it. There are no impulse purchases or walking in for the sake of it.They should have text " Are you a cop??" showing when you try to access the shop, just for the sake of overall atmosphere.

"Help->2nd button from bottom. " I challenge you to find an in-game store as cunningly hidden from any other game ever made, Heh. Proper full camo commando stuff.

It should be where the utterly useless, obsolete and plain harmful codex of wisdom resides. Or in paperdoll, replacing the status or war/peace button. Or ANYWHERE ELSE. Tis common sense.One of those oh C'mon!- things. Keeping it where it is loses them money. "Direct access via main menu please. It should say "UO store" with nice friendly colourful letters somewhere.

Speaking of the codex of wisdom... It still gives player some valuable advice about power hour. Feel free to take a second to appreciate how awesome that is. : D Person who was born the day this codex entry became obsolete is almost 16 now. That's just hard core.

Assuming game code allows it, it'd also be a good idea to have in-game-world representation of the store as well. Ie some gypsy caravan or whatever parked outside Luna or some moongate. Couple of legit quests to pick there, fun and games. And what do you know, there stands Ferris the Fence behind his bling-infested display counter. Click the NPC and game store opens.

Last edited:

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I'd take one step back and ask them to fix the placement of the store itself; it is bat sith insane how well something so important ( for them) and profitable is hidden, lol. " Oh yeah, this game has an item store now!" is not a thought that gets to happen for anyone ever. You need to know it is there and you need to go searching for it. Only then you will find it. Accessing item store of this game is like walk through Mordor or something. I swear, as awkward concealment of your store and product applies in RL only if what you are selling is illegal. ;p

UO's shop isn't by main street or near the city centre. It doesn't have a display window, neon sign or ads in magazines. Oh no. Instead, you need to knock on the 2nd door from the left three times, pause, knock three times again. Once the small hatch opens, you ask or Morty. and THEN you get to see the shop, product, prices etc. You need to know it is there. You need to go looking for it. There are no impulse purchases or walking in for the sake of it.They should have text " Are you a cop??" showing when you try to access the shop, just for the sake of overall atmosphere.

"Help->2nd button from bottom. " I challenge you to find an in-game store as cunningly hidden from any other game ever made, Heh. Proper full camo commando stuff.

It should be where the utterly useless, obsolete and plain harmful codex of wisdom resides. Or in paperdoll, replacing the status or war/peace button. Or ANYWHERE ELSE. Tis common sense.One of those oh C'mon!- things. Keeping it where it is loses them money. "Direct access via main menu please. It should say "UO store" with nice friendly colourful letters somewhere.

Speaking of the codex of wisdom... It still gives player some valuable advice about power hour. Feel free to take a second to appreciate how awesome that is. : D Person who was born the day this codex entry became obsolete is almost 16 now. That's just hard core.

Assuming game code allows it, it'd also be a good idea to have in-game-world representation of the store as well. Ie some gypsy caravan or whatever parked outside Luna or some moongate. Couple of legit quests to pick there, fun and games. And what do you know, there stands Ferris the Fence behind his bling-infested display counter. Click the NPC and game store opens.
I think ingame representation is nice, a vendor that does the same process, we buy from the menu but using our sovereigns instead of gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think it would be cool to see slot machines. You load with gold and open your own casino. It would be great for bring your Grandma to UO day.
I would love to see this. The owner of the house puts his/her own gold in there and they can lose gold but they can also win gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I love the idea of making it so a house could have max storage... you can place a nice 7x7 and have the same storage as a castle? I love small homes and would love to make them more viable. I would pay for that and make the house issues on UO or Atlantic not seem so horrible

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Hahahahaha!!! @Flagg Come on now, stop talking sense, they have hidden it well because they don't want anyone to buy anything! Oh no wait, that can't be right....ermmmm....well no new players will ever buy anything! [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:D[/bcolor]

Callise

Journeyman
Feather and Fur Pigments

I would love to be able to dye my dragon a new co.or every now and then. Would also help spotting her at crowded EM events!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1,000,000 Sovereigns a copy of the server and client Source Code!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Auto res potion ooOoOooOOo

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Power scrolls.
I don't care anymore, just put them in the shop so i can buy them.
I have pets to train and they no longer exist on Europa shops.

And before you say "transfer pet to Test".....yes i have done this in the past but the way things work on Test is NOT the way things work on Live shard.
So you end up making a kickass pet on test only to replicate it on live at the cost of a few hundred mill gold in powerscrolls only to find it's pants on Live.....

If they don't want to add Powerscrolls to the shop as it may "unbalance the need" then simply just make Pet Powerscrolls that can only be applied to pets and sell them......It's not rocket science.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"* Black market t-maps. Equivalent to a Level 7 map, with all its requirements, but increased chance for special spawn and also a chance for random Champ Artifact found in the "Shared" List. Dollar each, I'd buy 50 on the first day." - Like this idea...ALOT!

Veteran Reward Token
Share Shields
"War Horse Barding" - Some type of barding that provides the same as Exceptional 20% Dragon Barding but can be placed on other pets or ethys.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Horse barding is way over due.

Swamp dragons are so long and awkward to ride no to mention one of the ugliest creatures in UO 6 legs wtf

At least in the EC they look far better one of the few creatures that look good in that client lol

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like wall decals of cute animals, rainbows, stars, and hearts. in deed form would work like the trophy heads for the walls.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO store subscription @ $5 a month you receive a treasure chest (maybe a rare color or rare design) with random UO store Item(s) every month. Maybe a 6 month gametime code, maybe $2 earrings. Maybe both!

You get a treasure chest collectible no matter what.

Okay if this idea is implemented I should get a free 12 month sub!

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UO store subscription @ $5 a month you receive a treasure chest (maybe a rare color or rare design) with random UO store Item(s) every month. Maybe a 6 month gametime code, maybe $2 earrings. Maybe both!

You get a treasure chest collectible no matter what.

Okay if this idea is implemented I should get a free 12 month sub!
I like that. It's cheap enough you won't care and can you buy 1 per account or more?