• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items you want to see in the UO store?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the mention that new items will be added this summer, what are the things you'd like to see in the UO store? Tagging @Mesanna and @Kyronix so they may see this thread as it evolves.

My top items I would buy several of include:

* Primer bindery. Drop Primers on it and it automatically saves them up. Maybe 5 skills per Bindery, and it'll take all levels until you are ready to drop out one for which the requirements have been met.

* Black market t-maps. Equivalent to a Level 7 map, with all its requirements, but increased chance for special spawn and also a chance for random Champ Artifact found in the "Shared" List. Dollar each, I'd buy 50 on the first day.

* EM Item replicas, shard-bound or not. Even if it was a random thing like singing balls.

* Mannequin deeds.

* More dyes (I love that Tokuno ones are there).

* More vanity trainable and ethereal mounts (I like the idea, just not current designs, with an exception for Charger).

* Boat related alchemy / carp / smith station. Something I can make my cannon supplies with in one stop. Call it a Shipwright's Chest or whatever.

* Better bookcases. Lots of them.

Those are just off the top of my head. What say you?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
100% elemental damage rideable pets that can be trained from 1 to 5 slots.
I would get one of each for each tamer I have.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Second house token.
  • The ability to buy skills.
  • Item transfer token. Cheaper version of normal xfer token but for items only.
  • Bless deeds
  • An item to change the look of wearables. (Hawkwind robe to epaulettes for example.)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A repair deed binder or book.
So fed up with having to carry round so many deeds because the Devs added "Antique" items........

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
would like to see the second house token as mentioned above, also would like to see a veteran account token which would bring your account up to, but not past 60 months, regardless of actual age(if below 60), with any rewards as well, have often thought about a second account but the -20 skills is the main reason i have never gotten one.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't have anything specific in mind, but I think the store should primarily be for vanity items and should never be anything that lessens the utility of a gameplay-acquired item or that is required to maximize an account's in-game potential.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A repair deed binder or book.
So fed up with having to carry round so many deeds because the Devs added "Antique" items........
I've never used a repair deed in my UO life... I've always repaired my own stuff... suppose if I were on some other shard maybe... but never had a use for repair deeds.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
would like to see the second house token as mentioned above, also would like to see a veteran account token which would bring your account up to, but not past 60 months, regardless of actual age(if below 60), with any rewards as well, have often thought about a second account but the -20 skills is the main reason i have never gotten one.
I'm fairly sure that everyone now gets 720 skills to start...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
on new accounts? did not know that, might get a second account then
Yep.
All accounts start with 720 skill points now.
But it still takes 3 months to get 260 stats on them.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A code for 3 months gametime for $15. Then we can discuss things to put in the store to buy...I don't like being double-dipped :p

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll like to see.
A money tree, witch produces a 1mill check every week.
Shard shields.
A mailbox to send and recive items across shards.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yep.
All accounts start with 720 skill points now.
But it still takes 3 months to get 260 stats on them.
6 months to get +5 stats. Still takes a scroll of power for +25 and a Valiant Commendation for the next +5.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
6 months to get +5 stats. Still takes a scroll of power for +25 and a Valiant Commendation for the next +5.
Every new account are "born" being 3 months old, so 3 more months to get the +5.
At least all the 5 of mine did.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- New castles design package (3new castles)
- 8th character slot
- New Hair dyes
- House slot
- Glacial dye tub (just kidding ;p)

I also suggest dropping transfer tokens prices and removing a lot of useless ones (especially the heritage gifts) robes of umbra, etc

Last edited:

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Phoenix Armor.

Why not? Mini house deeds were a great rare that were randomly picked to have their value completely destroyed by not only a low price but the ability to choose. What makes one more special than the other?

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sell the Super high end hard to get artifacts in the UO store. They are sold for millions or platinums. We need to buy gold from others in cash anyway. And prices keep going up. Why not just buy directly from the store. We can also avoid getting scammed when buying gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A bugfix token. Makes the Devs fix a single bug of your choice. Not even sure if I'm kidding o_O
I'd totally have them fix the Tribarrel cactus seed and maybe if they wanted to they could add a 4th "mutating seed" that is random instead.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Phoenix Armor.
Why not? Mini house deeds were a great rare that were randomly picked to have their value completely destroyed by not only a low price but the ability to choose. What makes one more special than the other?
It pisses me off that they added the mini house deeds to the store! If they do decide to put anything else in the game that will destroy the value of an existing item they need to add "replica" to them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It pisses me off that they added the mini house deeds to the store! If they do decide to put anything else in the game that will destroy the value of an existing item they need to add "replica" to them.
None of that pisses me off... it's just pixels...

Wish everyone would stop with the putting huge monetary values on everything and just have fun.

I don't know how many games I've played where year after year they give the same crap and just change the color of it and "ooo It's special it's blue!"... whoopie...

I would like them to fix the EC... I'd like them to make hued plants not look ridiculous and dipped in paint but to give them colored flowers and GREEN Stems and leaves... looks hideous... I would like to be able to go up and down the coasts and not see 100's of squares of water all along the shoreline... I'd like to have the tables in the Blackthorn collection sit properly in the tile so you can actually have your chair somewhere near them... I'd like them to put the other 2 facings in for the overstuffed chair... There are so many things I'd like to see before they started adding more crap to the store...

I'd buy a DEV for a Day or an Hour or two so I could take them to see the game through my eyes. I'd like to get my hands on the art guy and ask him WTH he was thinking on some things...

I'd like to have some of the plants we can't have... you know there is a tomato plant??? Yep there is... Tomatoes! I'd like Potato Plants... I'd like sugar cane plants to actually give seeds like other such plants... silly they don't ...

I'd like children in the game. Baby animals ... etc...

More than anything I'd like books fixed in the EC.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd like children in the game. Baby animals ... etc...
Richard Garriott is the reason that doesn't exist. Before UO, in one of his standalone Ultima games there was a level where a bunch of crazy human children would attack you non-stop in a dungeon they were prisoners in, and even though they did no real damage you pretty much had to brutally slaughter all the little kids to complete the mission without being interrupted.

People were greatly upset by that. He got insane amounts of hate mail and threats from people about it, saying he was encouraging child abuse and the murdering of children etc.

Since Ultima was an open-world game, just making it impossible to harm child NPC's would have been immersion breaking and he didn't like that. So instead he decided to just not put any children into UO or any of his other games to avoid more backlash over it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Richard Garriott is the reason that doesn't exist. Before UO, in one of his standalone Ultima games there was a level where a bunch of crazy human children would attack you non-stop in a dungeon they were prisoners in, and even though they did no real damage you pretty much had to brutally slaughter all the little kids to complete the mission without being interrupted.

People were greatly upset by that. He got insane amounts of hate mail and threats from people about it, saying he was encouraging child abuse and the murdering of children etc.

Since Ultima was an open-world game, just making it impossible to harm child NPC's would have been immersion breaking and he didn't like that. So instead he decided to just not put any children into UO or any of his other games to avoid more backlash over it.
There has been a childeren slaughter part in several Ultimas (V, VII, VIII & IX).

Ultima VIII's:
Children

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
With the mention that new items will be added this summer, what are the things you'd like to see in the UO store? Tagging @Mesanna and @Kyronix so they may see this thread as it evolves.

My top items I would buy several of include:

* Primer bindery. Drop Primers on it and it automatically saves them up. Maybe 5 skills per Bindery, and it'll take all levels until you are ready to drop out one for which the requirements have been met.

* Black market t-maps. Equivalent to a Level 7 map, with all its requirements, but increased chance for special spawn and also a chance for random Champ Artifact found in the "Shared" List. Dollar each, I'd buy 50 on the first day.

* EM Item replicas, shard-bound or not. Even if it was a random thing like singing balls.

* Mannequin deeds.

* More dyes (I love that Tokuno ones are there).

* More vanity trainable and ethereal mounts (I like the idea, just not current designs, with an exception for Charger).

* Boat related alchemy / carp / smith station. Something I can make my cannon supplies with in one stop. Call it a Shipwright's Chest or whatever.

* Better bookcases. Lots of them.

Those are just off the top of my head. What say you?
As a perpetual whirlwind of chaos and disorganization...I'd love to see "an infinite, multi-dimensional holding bag" You drop an item in, and it gets stored. You want that item again, you search for it, or generate an alphabetized list of items dropped in the bag. When you want that item you pop it out. Sort of like a BOD book for everything. You can keep this blessed bag in your backpack...carry insurance on what you wear only. The bag and everything in it only weigh 1 pound due to magic!

Or...King Neptune's Fishing Net. The net can be set for fish or crabs, you target a water tile, fish and crabs get caught using the fishing skill and get automatically sorted into the net by type like a BOD book. Fish and crabs weigh a metric crap ton and there are so many different types of fish that it is maddening to sort all that out. Please consider!!!

Make something like that for us and you'll make a ton of cash in the UO store...because deep down we all really wish we had an old school Final Fantasy inventory system that would let us store infinite tons of mega crap without all the weight, sorting and storage woes. What is the point of all the heavy ore, fish, and crap anyway?

and finally.....an Amulet of Looting! All items you pre-set on a menu go directly to your backpack, or "an infinite, multi-dimensional holding bag" as soon as you kill a monster! Thanks would pay a premium for these and could finally keep up with those sticky-fingered scripters...of course the thieves, and professional/script looters will all hate on this idea...ha!

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hate what I have become......

Bought pet bondings for me(to bond pets for instant gratification)
and to sell, so I could buy scrolls for pets.

Wish they never did this. But again, if it keeps UO alive, I did my part.
Over and Over......

But now back to realizing the heart of the game, to have fun, explore
with friends, and be challenged!

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Was thinking how about something like a talisman or like a power scroll that gave your non tamer characters the ability to lore their own bonded pets.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
House token is fair, reds should have the right to log in another house in fel especially those who already have a decent house spot in tram (inside luna walls, castles, etc...)

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of great ideas for the store here. I'm pretty sure with that extensive list and much much more that could be added UO could be made F2P and be far more successful player numbers wise than it is now.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have anything specific in mind, but I think the store should primarily be for vanity items and should never be anything that lessens the utility of a gameplay-acquired item or that is required to maximize an account's in-game potential.
While I would agree here these kind of items can be purchased from other "naughty" websites. Surely it would be better for EA/Broadsword to sell them themselves and get the money or shut down these other stores.

With the current setup the potential money made goes into the pockets of these 3rd party sellers and not back into the game. I doubt much goes back into the game from EA but at least it would make it look like UO is making some money at least.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
With the Pet Revamp active now.. I would love to see a "Pet Re-Training Stone" or for those rp'ing animal lovers a "Pet Re-Training Treat". Not only to adjust where folks goofed up on high end hued pets etc, but is also good to "wipe" anything currently on a pet off. Say for example if you just want to run a straight AI Cu and even drop bleed and/or healing off the pet.

What do ya think @Kyronix? That possible? I know I would throw some Sovereigns at it :thumbup1:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would like token see a token I can buy that would fix the uo store and codes.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
While I would agree here these kind of items can be purchased from other "naughty" websites. Surely it would be better for EA/Broadsword to sell them themselves and get the money or shut down these other stores.

With the current setup the potential money made goes into the pockets of these 3rd party sellers and not back into the game. I doubt much goes back into the game from EA but at least it would make it look like UO is making some money at least.
They need to get those other websites under control, and have for years and years now. No matter WHAT they sell in the official store, they will continue to be undercut and undermined by those sites.

I left UO for many years, and when I came back as a returning player who barely remembered how to move, I can't tell you how distasteful and jarring it was to see all the advertising in game for third party sellers. It's still against the TOS. They need to enforce it.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to get those other websites under control, and have for years and years now. No matter WHAT they sell in the official store, they will continue to be undercut and undermined by those sites.
Not only do those 'other websites' undercut EA pricewise, they offer a better service, faster payment, and superior customer service. I used one for years and was on really good terms with my in game customer service guy from the website. Very good personal service ... fast, efficient and friendly.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • 1. Discounted "Bundles".. Pet Bonding x 5, Stable Slot x 5, etc.
  • Way more vanity items. Deco is nice and all. But I want to see newly designed clothing exclusive to the Store.
Anything else is fine by me. The only condition is that the more stuff added to the store, lower the subscription price until eventually it is $0/month and the game is funded with store purchases only.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why not? I wouldn't mind getting tool to remove those properties ($25 for a tool with 3 uses for example).

I would settle with a special powder that would work just like PoF for those special items.
You pay money to play a game...
Developers put a bad status on items in game that you pay to play...
You pay money to remove the arbitrary bad status on items in game...

That would just give the developers more reason to add this stupid stuff and then charge to remove it.

Don't get me wrong... I use the cash shop too, but this is just like a double slap in the face to me. I'm down for utility, but instead of asking to pay to remove it why not just have them remove it from the game?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You pay money to play a game...
Developers put a bad status on items in game that you pay to play...
You pay money to remove the arbitrary bad status on items in game...

That would just give the developers more reason to add this stupid stuff and then charge to remove it.

Don't get me wrong... I use the cash shop too, but this is just like a double slap in the face to me. I'm down for utility, but instead of asking to pay to remove it why not just have them remove it from the game?

Completely get your point but no-one is listening to me when I suggest this armour concept is a complete game breaker for me and I would like it removed.

I am in a bad situation where I like the game, but I have no purpose in it, due to the fact I hate built-in obsolescence on armour.
Crafted armour goes nowhere close anymore.
The way I see it, it is hard enough gearing characters, especially 7 of them, I rarely get beyond gearing 1 properly, then they go and make the stuff wear out on me.
So I'm sat with an entire account full of incomplete, ungeared characters, which of course is making my gameplay less fun.

So in the circumstances, my entire game is on hold for a number of reasons, and yeah, I'd pay for it, if it's something else the majority are happy with - which seems to be the case.
Because it's what I need, to be able to play and enjoy the game again.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Completely get your point but no-one is listening to me when I suggest this armour concept is a complete game breaker for me and I would like it removed.

I am in a bad situation where I like the game, but I have no purpose in it, due to the fact I hate built-in obsolescence on armour.
Crafted armour goes nowhere close anymore.
The way I see it, it is hard enough gearing characters, especially 7 of them, I rarely get beyond gearing 1 properly, then they go and make the stuff wear out on me.
So I'm sat with an entire account full of incomplete, ungeared characters, which of course is making my gameplay less fun.

So in the circumstances, my entire game is on hold for a number of reasons, and yeah, I'd pay for it, if it's something else the majority are happy with - which seems to be the case.
Because it's what I need, to be able to play and enjoy the game again.
They need to have more bosses that drop greater, major and legendary artifacts.

Actually, I hate the way luck works. It seems like UO is the only game that has this. Even if you fit up the warrior to the max, there is no more room for these and it affects the loot. I don't like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro