• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Item Properties Evaluator redux

P

pgcd

Oh yes, the mod does wonders, every single item bar one I enhanced following the mod indications yielded a relic, so it's all good :)
It even predicts the return of BoDs which is also awesome.

I would like it to work under the standard UI or the copper mod though, because I'm forced to use the legacy II mod to use it and I don't like that mod that pops a map each time you log a character and displays the backpack contents on dark grey which means you can't see dark objects in your inventory.

And I think the mod would be much better taking out the unnecessary information like the worth (a color code on 'Intensity' would do the job better) and the (x/xx) after each armor value line. I feel it's a little bit cluttered and unfriendly to read at the moment.

Anyway, keep up with the good job :)
These seem very reasonable requests, I'll make sure to allow different output levels in the next release - which is going to be after the announced imbuing changes go online, and I understand what the actual effect is =)

In the meanwhile, I suggest you do what I do when looting:
- Check the color of the "worth"
- if it's blue, loot it and move on
- if it's not blue but there are blue highlighted rows, it might be a property I need for a "resource saver", ie stuff like SSI30 weapons, FC1/FCR3 jewels etc, so I see what property it is and loot accordingly
- if none of the above applies, I'll loot only if it's something I really want for some reasons (I loot most of the jewelry, for instance), otherwise move on

As for the individual intensities (percentages), you can safely ignore them, since the actual intensity (the one displayed at the bottom) is correct pretty much every time.
HTH.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

it does work with copper enhanced thats what I use atm.

Depending on which version of C-E you are running, you will have to remove the Item Properties Highlighting folder from the Mods folder to get this Evaluator to work. I still want to get the two version merged for the next release though.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Depending on which version of C-E you are running, you will have to remove the Item Properties Highlighting folder from the Mods folder to get this Evaluator to work. I still want to get the two version merged for the next release though.
very true I forgot about doing that!

Z

zoop

Please make this a standalone. What would be the point of it being bundled with a skin? I would very much just like to use what I'd like and not be forced to use complete packages just for 1 thing I like.

F

Fink

I just noticed this also lists the potential outcomes and associated percentages of rewards for a bulk order. Very nice. :thumbup1:

P

pgcd

New release!

Dermott, there you go - a very simple edit to the Highlighting mod is all that's required (I describe it in the first post), and it works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

zoop said:
Please make this a standalone. What would be the point of it being bundled with a skin? I would very much just like to use what I'd like and not be forced to use complete packages just for 1 thing I like.
Zoop, it is a standalone - just check the first post.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cool! I'll mess around with things soon and get something put together for a release :)

Got it in and working... might tweak the 100% intensity color back to gold but other than that, a great combination!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May i ask how much intesities you need to get a relic fragment? And are the special soulforges giving a bonus at unrevaling?

I have tested it, but i dont understand the % values?

F

Fink

My wish is to add the item properties tooltip for bulk orders when they are in a book. Is such a thing possible?

P

pgcd

My wish is to add the item properties tooltip for bulk orders when they are in a book. Is such a thing possible?
Would love to, but I wouldn't know where to start... maybe some guru might help?

F

Fink

It is a legacy gump so I have assumed it to be locked away from the modders' grasp on the server side.

P

pgcd

Guys, I need some help with figuring out the unraveling changes, namely:
1) How does exceptional/armslore Damage Increase + runic Damage Increase work? Does runic fully overwrite, or does it add to exceptional?
2) How much of an enhancement do the various materials give?

I hope the devs will release official figures, but in the meanwhile it would be nice to be able to give the mod a semblance of accuracy.

F

Fink

I hope the devs will release official figures, but in the meanwhile it would be nice to be able to give the mod a semblance of accuracy.
It would be nice if the devs stopped micromanaging the snot out of the skill so we could settle into some sense of normalcy, but that's another thread. Good luck finding out the values, I truly mean that, but as for myself I'm boycotting the whole "ok wtf did they change this time?" routine. :rant2:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Guys, I need some help with figuring out the unraveling changes, namely:
1) How does exceptional/armslore Damage Increase + runic Damage Increase work? Does runic fully overwrite, or does it add to exceptional?
2) How much of an enhancement do the various materials give?

I would be glad to try and help ! just not sure what would be the best way to test?

F

Fink

I'm sure the Imbuing community will shortly have answers. Sorry if I sounded a little mercenary there, just sick to death of them moving the goddamn goalposts every two weeks. They need to stop obsessing and fix the EC or any number of more pressing issues.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm sure the Imbuing community will shortly have answers. Sorry if I sounded a little mercenary there, just sick to death of them moving the goddamn goalposts every two weeks. They need to stop obsessing and fix the EC or any number of more pressing issues.
agreed/

P

pgcd

I would be glad to try and help ! just not sure what would be the best way to test?
I am not sure either but here's what I think I'll do for the first part (material bonuses):
- harvest a lot of items
- keep the ones that are close to a boundary (say, 390 intensity)
- try and enhance them with different materials and see what raises their level
- note it down so that I can have at least an approxymate value
- rinse and repeat

Here's what I'll do for the second part (runic DI vs armslore/exceptional DI):
- hope that somebody with a lot of runic hammers figures it out

Anyway, I'm working on this, so I hope I'll have a release in the next week or so.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well it looks to me like they droped 30 points from val i am getting 60 now not 90 not sure on other items
if it says enhance with agapite i enhance with val if it says gold i use verite
i enhanced a item with 325 with val and it gave 385 and returned 3 essence

then i enhanced a 362 with val and it gave 412 and 2 relic frags
not sure other mats yet just started running some tests

P

pgcd

well it looks to me like they droped 30 points from val i am getting 60 now not 90 not sure on other items
if it says enhance with agapite i enhance with val if it says gold i use verite
i enhanced a item with 325 with val and it gave 385 and returned 3 essence

then i enhanced a 362 with val and it gave 412 and 2 relic frags
not sure other mats yet just started running some tests
well, they stated it's a percentage... so far, I think valorite gives 15% to 20%, but I need more data (348+valorite+queen = frag, 333+valorite+queen = essence).

Ok, I think it's safe to say that valorite gives 20%, since 336+valorite+queen = fragment. I have yet to find a 334 intensity piece to see whether the rounding is up or down (my guess is down, of course).

P

pgcd

After a very wasted day trying to figure out the workings, the magnanimous Chrome released all the info I needed, so here's the new release (0.91).
I must warn you, though: even if the theory is sound, I couldn't possibly test the thing with everything, so it's very possible that there are mistakes somewhere in my data. If you happen across something like that (ie false positives/false negatives) and can reconstruct the intensities well enough, please PM or otherwise inform me so that I can find & fix the problem.

As for now, happy non-denominational holidays everyone, and I hope you appreciate this little gift of mine =D

Of course, if you happen to be on Europa and feel like giving me money when you meet me, that'd be appreciated!

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you!

Now I have to figure out who to modify this in Dermott's interface...

P

pgcd

Miriandel, to update Dermott's interface just do a search for ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua on your hard disk (should be in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Copper_Enhanced\Mods\ItemPropertyHighlighting").
Rename that file to ItemPropertiesEvaluator.bak or something like that and copy the one in zip, and you should be done.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just unravalled some stuff, here are the results:

322 sword, enhanced with Valorite to 382: 2 essence
360 kama, enhanced with gold to 400: 3 essence
402 gloves, no enhancement required: 1 relic

To install the new mod, I just deleted the propertieshighlighting mod from the copper interface and copied your files in the source directory, I works and I hope it doesn't skew the results.
Maybe it's the reason why the mod doesn't accurately predict the relic unraveling yet, I don't know :/

P

pgcd

Maybe it's the reason why the mod doesn't accurately predict the relic unraveling yet, I don't know :/
Sorry to be rude, but the reason why it doesn't work is because you didn't follow the instructions.
Try again or, better yet, wait for Dermott to update his skin =)

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take no offense.

I didn't follow the 'instructions' because I did not understand them, hence the way I installed the files, which indeed gives the usual information.
Let's see if I get something else when Dermott will have updated his skin, but to be quite honest, I'm rather tired with the way the devs are dealing with relics.
IMHO, it is bad design.

D

Diggity

below are some test results I got with the latest evaluator mod. I made 40 barb ninja pants with a barb kit on tc, switched to 2d to get the descriptions from the uoa vendor bag export function, went back to 3d to check the intensity for each item. Then I unraveled each item and noted how many essence/relic for each. Finally I sorted the results by the evaluator intensity.

Now it is entirely possible I made some mistakes when reading the evaluator numbers and manually entering the intensities and number of relics/essences. But it does appear to me that the evaluator is not evaluating the self repair prop same as the uo server. Likewise for runic resist bonuses coupled with the barb/excep/arms lore bonus resists.

Code:
	essence	relic	intensity	description
		1	591	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones mana regeneration 2 luck 99 lower mana cost 7% physical resist 5% fire resist 8% cold resist 19% poison resist 9% energy resist 21% strength requirement 10 durability 50 / 50, Price: --
		1	560	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 3 stamina increase 7 night sight luck 98 physical resist 6% fire resist 6% cold resist 6% poison resist 10% energy resist 24% strength requirement 10 durability 63 / 63, Price: --
		1	558	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones mana increase 7 reflect physical damage 10% physical resist 20% fire resist 9% cold resist 19% poison resist 21% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 58 / 58, Price: --
		1	553	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones mana regeneration 1 night sight luck 80 physical resist 18% fire resist 7% cold resist 24% poison resist 6% energy resist 10% strength requirement 10 durability 48 / 48, Price: --
		1	552	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones hit point regeneration 2 mana regeneration 2 reflect physical damage 9% lower mana cost 5% lower reagent cost 17% physical resist 6% fire resist 7% cold resist 7% poison resist 8% energy resist 10% strength requirement 10 durability 57 / 57, Price: --
		1	519	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones stamina increase 4 lower mana cost 7% lower reagent cost 14% physical resist 7% fire resist 6% cold resist 16% poison resist 9% energy resist 25% strength requirement 10 durability 60 / 60, Price: --
	4		518	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones mana increase 8 luck 92 reflect physical damage 12% lower mana cost 8% physical resist 5% fire resist 7% cold resist 6% poison resist 12% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 54 / 54, Price: --
		2	507	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 3 stamina increase 8 mana increase 5 night sight lower mana cost 8% physical resist 7% fire resist 8% cold resist 6% poison resist 7% energy resist 10% strength requirement 10 durability 61 / 61, Price: --
		2	503	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones luck 72 reflect physical damage 8% lower reagent cost 16% physical resist 18% fire resist 6% cold resist 22% poison resist 6% energy resist 9% strength requirement 10 durability 63 / 63, Price: --
		1	500	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones mana increase 5 reflect physical damage 10% physical resist 17% fire resist 19% cold resist 7% poison resist 11% energy resist 18% strength requirement 10 durability 52 / 52, Price: --
		2	475	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 4 mana increase 6 lower reagent cost 11% physical resist 16% fire resist 21% cold resist 8% poison resist 9% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 49 / 49, Price: --
	3		473	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones stamina increase 6 mana increase 7 hit point regeneration 2 reflect physical damage 10% physical resist 8% fire resist 5% cold resist 8% poison resist 8% energy resist 9% strength requirement 10 durability 52 / 52, Price: --
	3		467	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones luck 67 lower mana cost 6% physical resist 16% fire resist 6% cold resist 9% poison resist 8% energy resist 26% strength requirement 10 durability 54 / 54, Price: --
	3		457	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones mana regeneration 1 lower reagent cost 19% physical resist 8% fire resist 5% cold resist 8% poison resist 23% energy resist 19% strength requirement 10 durability 56 / 56, Price: --
		1	456	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 5 hit point increase 4 mana increase 5 stamina regeneration 3 mana regeneration 2 physical resist 6% fire resist 6% cold resist 8% poison resist 10% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 61 / 61, Price: --
	3		455	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 3 stamina increase 5 mana increase 5 luck 85 physical resist 5% fire resist 22% cold resist 9% poison resist 7% energy resist 10% strength requirement 10 durability 54 / 54, Price: --
	3		447	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones night sight lower mana cost 6% physical resist 15% fire resist 20% cold resist 9% poison resist 8% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 48 / 48, Price: --
	2		444	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 4 stamina increase 7 mana increase 6 lower mana cost 7% physical resist 6% fire resist 6% cold resist 9% poison resist 9% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 66 / 66, Price: --
	3		443	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 3 reflect physical damage 11% lower reagent cost 17% physical resist 11% fire resist 15% cold resist 7% poison resist 17% energy resist 9% strength requirement 10 durability 64 / 64, Price: --
		1	435	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 3 hit point increase 3 mana regeneration 2 physical resist 5% fire resist 9% cold resist 5% poison resist 25% energy resist 17% strength requirement 10 durability 61 / 61, Price: --
	2		434	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones stamina increase 6 mana increase 5 night sight physical resist 6% fire resist 8% cold resist 7% poison resist 16% energy resist 9% strength requirement 10 durability 66 / 66, Price: --
	3		433	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 5 stamina increase 8 physical resist 7% fire resist 17% cold resist 6% poison resist 7% energy resist 20% strength requirement 10 durability 50 / 50, Price: --
	2		426	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 4 stamina increase 7 mana increase 5 stamina regeneration 3 physical resist 6% fire resist 6% cold resist 9% poison resist 8% energy resist 9% strength requirement 10 durability 48 / 48, Price: --
	3		424	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 3 mana increase 5 mana regeneration 1 lower reagent cost 10% physical resist 4% fire resist 6% cold resist 7% poison resist 20% energy resist 13% strength requirement 10 durability 57 / 57, Price: --
	2		415	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones mana increase 4 mana regeneration 1 physical resist 7% fire resist 8% cold resist 19% poison resist 23% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 49 / 49, Price: --
		2	414	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 5 mana increase 5 lower mana cost 5% lower reagent cost 16% physical resist 18% fire resist 8% cold resist 7% poison resist 7% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 51 / 51, Price: --
		2	404	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 4 mana increase 6 physical resist 15% fire resist 21% cold resist 8% poison resist 15% energy resist 8% strength requirement 10 durability 49 / 49, Price: --
		2	404	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 4 mana increase 5 stamina regeneration 2 physical resist 6% fire resist 6% cold resist 9% poison resist 21% energy resist 17% strength requirement 10 durability 49 / 49, Price: --
	4		402	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones self repair 3 mana increase 4 reflect physical damage 9% physical resist 8% fire resist 14% cold resist 6% poison resist 7% energy resist 25% strength requirement 10 durability 66 / 66, Price: --
	3		399	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones physical resist 14% fire resist 17% cold resist 17% poison resist 18% energy resist 10% strength requirement 10 durability 64 / 64, Price: --
	3		393	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones stamina increase 7 luck 96 lower reagent cost 12% physical resist 4% fire resist 5% cold resist 18% poison resist 6% energy resist 7% strength requirement 10 durability 49 / 49, Price: --
	2		385	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones mana increase 6 mana regeneration 2 luck 97 reflect physical damage 10% physical resist 4% fire resist 14% cold resist 5% poison resist 6% energy resist 7% strength requirement 10 durability 41 / 41, Price: --
	2		383	barbed leather ninja pants crafted by Testimb exceptional Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 3 lower mana cost 6% lower reagent cost 12% physical resist 4% fire resist 19% cold resist 6% poison resist 11% energy resist 9% strength requirement 10 durability 49 / 49, Price: --
		1	379	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones self repair 4 stamina increase 7 mana regeneration 2 physical resist 4% fire resist 16% cold resist 5% poison resist 6% energy resist 19% strength requirement 10 durability 46 / 46, Price: --
	3		362	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 4 lower mana cost 8% physical resist 4% fire resist 14% cold resist 13% poison resist 6% energy resist 20% strength requirement 10 durability 43 / 43, Price: --
	4		359	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones self repair 3 mana regeneration 2 physical resist 4% fire resist 18% cold resist 20% poison resist 6% energy resist 7% strength requirement 10 durability 55 / 55, Price: --
	2		337	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones hit point increase 5 mana increase 6 reflect physical damage 12% lower reagent cost 19% physical resist 4% fire resist 5% cold resist 5% poison resist 6% energy resist 7% strength requirement 10 durability 44 / 44, Price: --
	3		305	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones mana regeneration 1 physical resist 4% fire resist 17% cold resist 17% poison resist 21% energy resist 7% strength requirement 10 durability 40 / 40, Price: --
	3		303	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones self repair 4 luck 66 reflect physical damage 15% lower reagent cost 13% physical resist 4% fire resist 5% cold resist 5% poison resist 6% energy resist 7% strength requirement 10 durability 55 / 55, Price: --
	2		277	barbed leather ninja pants Weight: 3 stones self repair 5 mana increase 6 night sight lower reagent cost 20% physical resist 4% fire resist 5% cold resist 5% poison resist 6% energy resist 7% strength requirement 10 durability 40 / 40, Price: --

P

pgcd

below are some test results I got with the latest evaluator mod. I made 40 barb ninja pants with a barb kit on tc, switched to 2d to get the descriptions from the uoa vendor bag export function, went back to 3d to check the intensity for each item. Then I unraveled each item and noted how many essence/relic for each. Finally I sorted the results by the evaluator intensity.

Now it is entirely possible I made some mistakes when reading the evaluator numbers and manually entering the intensities and number of relics/essences. But it does appear to me that the evaluator is not evaluating the self repair prop same as the uo server. Likewise for runic resist bonuses coupled with the barb/excep/arms lore bonus resists.
The problem is the runic resist + bonus, as you correctly guessed. So far, I have absolutely no idea on how to deal with those, as is the case with exceptional weapons (ie, I don't know how to differentiate between a runic 37% DI on an exceptional weap with no arms lore, and a bonus 37% on an except with 40% arms lore).
Anyway, as far as my own tests went, crafting leather armor to unravel is a crazy waste of money - the kind of stuff you need to craft to get relics is stuff you'd better keep and try to match, imho.

J

[JD]

Re: Item Properties Evaluator redux - v0.7

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Copper_Enhanced\Source this is the location you want to place the 3 files for highlighted properties

then go to the folder that says "mods" and inside it remove the three files that say highlighted properties !

hope that helps

and make sure and shut down and restart the EC
Hi, I don't seem to have this directory so it doesn't work.

I just have UserInterface but no Copper_Enhanced or subdirs. Is Copper_Enhanced some missing 3rd party thing I don't have?

What should I do?
Thx

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Hi, I don't seem to have this directory so it doesn't work.

I just have UserInterface but no Copper_Enhanced or subdirs. Is Copper_Enhanced some missing 3rd party thing I don't have?

What should I do?
Thx
copper enhanced is a add on mod
what you do the is in that folder there should be a Default file (zipped)unzip this into the Userinterface directory !
then you can instal items property evaluator into
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\default\userinterface

hope that helps

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

copper enhanced is a add on mod
what you do the is in that folder there should be a Default file (zipped)unzip this into the Userinterface directory !
then you can instal items property evaluator into
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\default\userinterface

hope that helps

I followed these directions and it doesn't work for me

I unzipped Default zip into Default folder, then I made a folder in the Default folder called userinterface and put the Item Prop Eval files in there.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet okay I got it to work after reading the thread more -- okay, so what you do is:

1) move ItemPropertiesEvaluator zip file into your Stygian Abyss directory UserInterface folder
2) create new folder in UserInterface folder such as ItemProp
3) create subfolder in new named folder within UserInterface, call subfolder "Source"
4) unzip ItemPropertiesEvaluator files into this Source folder
5) close SA if open, reopen and set UserInterface before you log in :)

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\new folder name\Source\

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn tough now to get a relic, Raed's Glory gives 1 relic, says 440%, but had a few over 400% and no dice :/

Maybe cause my skill is low right now though

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
glad you got it working ! just keep in mind there are a couple instances where it isnt figuring exactly right ! but this mod gets you pretty close if not exact in most cases !

J

[JD]

I think I got it working but how do we know how much weight and total weight any given item is? If I find an item with cool resource saving stats like DCI, LMC, FC, FCR, etc I'd like to know if it's a 450 or 500 weight item. Or even if I find one on a vendor in housing... possible?

For those as confused as I, the required program referenced here and not directly linked (don't ask me why) can be found at:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=170979

The download is practically hidden on the guy's site, click on the SKINS tab, click on the + symbol next to Copper_Enhanced, and download the 1.6.9 package

Some comments:

1. There are at least 4+ suggestions for different folders these files belong in on the hard drive which is extremely confusing. Not everyone is a coder, it'd be nice if someone clarified with SOLID directions

2. I don't like this being tied to a skin, wish I could have gotten it to work without a skin.

P

pgcd

I think I got it working but how do we know how much weight and total weight any given item is? If I find an item with cool resource saving stats like DCI, LMC, FC, FCR, etc I'd like to know if it's a 450 or 500 weight item. Or even if I find one on a vendor in housing... possible?

For those as confused as I, the required program referenced here and not directly linked (don't ask me why) can be found at:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=170979

The download is practically hidden on the guy's site, click on the SKINS tab, click on the + symbol next to Copper_Enhanced, and download the 1.6.9 package

Some comments:

1. There are at least 4+ suggestions for different folders these files belong in on the hard drive which is extremely confusing. Not everyone is a coder, it'd be nice if someone clarified with SOLID directions

2. I don't like this being tied to a skin, wish I could have gotten it to work without a skin.
As for the 450/500 thingy, it's easy: if it's "Exceptional" it's 500, 450 otherwise.
Also, I suggest you check the first post, where there are instructions on how to install the standalone version.

IMPORTANT:
The link hadn't been updated with version 0.91 so, if you downloaded the mod in the last couple weeks, I sugges you download it again and get verion 0.91, since it's the only one with the new calculations.

J

[JD]

thanks - sorry if this sounded harsh or something, it was late and i was cranky from trying to figure it out ha ha.
this is actually an incredibly cool mod, and i thank you for all your time. if my brain could just understand how it works..ha ha

so the only 500 weight items are exceptionally player crafted?

if it's a drop, regardless of material, or pre or post patch, it's 450?

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just want to chime in and say how much I love this mod. I hope that it will be supported for a long time... I'm already unsure of what I would ever do without it.

Also, thanks to the awesome Legacy II skin for including it!

F

Fink

I have noticed when I load Item Properties Evaluator, I lose my tooltips for containers and runebooks that are placed on hotbars.

This was happening with my own skin that has a few minor mods attached, so I loaded IPE version 0.9.1 as a stand-alone mod for the purposes of testing. Even by itself the issue remains. Is this a common problem and is there a fix?

P

pgcd

I have noticed when I load Item Properties Evaluator, I lose my tooltips for containers and runebooks that are placed on hotbars.

This was happening with my own skin that has a few minor mods attached, so I loaded IPE version 0.9.1 as a stand-alone mod for the purposes of testing. Even by itself the issue remains. Is this a common problem and is there a fix?
Since I'm not making big progress on the new release, here's a quick fix for those who already downloaded 0.9.1 -
Open ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua and change line 524 to
Code:
return labelText, labelColors, table.getn(labelText)
That's it. =)
Or download 0.9.2 and replace ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua (that's the only change).

On a different subject - could someone please change the thread title to suggest re-reading the OP?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to change the title yourself, since it's your thread.

P

pgcd

You should be able to change the title yourself, since it's your thread.
That's what I thought, but I can only change the title of my first post - and that doesn't change the thread's, as far as I can tell.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am having some problems with the evaluator. everything works fine except the bod part it highlights the top in red or blue but does not tell what the bods give anymore other than that everything works fine!
any idea what could have happened here?
this is using copper enhanced
I also tried installing the default then using the evaluator with it and everything works except the bod part!

P

pgcd

I am having some problems with the evaluator. everything works fine except the bod part it highlights the top in red or blue but does not tell what the bods give anymore other than that everything works fine!
any idea what could have happened here?
this is using copper enhanced
I also tried installing the default then using the evaluator with it and everything works except the bod part!
My bad - I inverted two lines and that screwed stuff up =)

Just download the latest (0.9.3) version and replace the file (IPE only, the rest is fine).
By the way, do you think you could set my permissions so I can edit the thread's title when a new version's ready?

I

Ivorythorn

I downloaded the new IPE and everything seems to be working except for the BOD rewards not showing up? I used the newest version 0.93? I know I'm probably doing something wrong....

P

pgcd

I downloaded the new IPE and everything seems to be working except for the BOD rewards not showing up? I used the newest version 0.93? I know I'm probably doing something wrong....
I'm afraid you probably are, since it works fine here... Are you sure you replaced the right files in the right places (ie in the mod directory if you have ItemPropertyHighlight active, in the Source directory if it's standalone etc)?

I

Ivorythorn

I'm afraid you probably are, since it works fine here... Are you sure you replaced the right files in the right places (ie in the mod directory if you have ItemPropertyHighlight active, in the Source directory if it's standalone etc)?
Well, I started from scratch and deleted all the mods and skins, and got the latest version of the Copper Enhanced skin, 1.7. This has the IPE and the IPH combined correct? I don't need to download the IPE seperately do I? Whatever the case may be I still don't have the BOD rewards showing which isn't that really of a big deal. Everything else is working again. I may go back to the way I had it before, C.E. 1.68. Anyway, thanks.

P

pgcd

Well, I started from scratch and deleted all the mods and skins, and got the latest version of the Copper Enhanced skin, 1.7. This has the IPE and the IPH combined correct? I don't need to download the IPE seperately do I? Whatever the case may be I still don't have the BOD rewards showing which isn't that really of a big deal. Everything else is working again. I may go back to the way I had it before, C.E. 1.68. Anyway, thanks.
Ok, now you just have to copy the new version of IPE.lua (the one you find in the zip file) over the one you find in UserInterface/Copper_Enhanced/Mods/ItemPropertyHighlighting.
Be warned, though: this will reset the color for high-intensity properties to IPE's blue, instead of IPH's gold (Copper Enhanced's default).

I

Ivorythorn

Okay, that did the trick. Everything is working again. Thanks.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
My bad - I inverted two lines and that screwed stuff up =)

Just download the latest (0.9.3) version and replace the file (IPE only, the rest is fine).
By the way, do you think you could set my permissions so I can edit the thread's title when a new version's ready?
That worked great and I sent you a pm with info you needed!