• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Item Properties Evaluator redux

P

pgcd

Item Properties Evaluator redux - v0.94

Latest version
http://94.75.200.162/stuff/ItemPropertiesEvaluator0.94.zip

FEATURES:
- Give a very solid estimate of an item's intensity for Imbuing/Unraveling purposes (it should actually be accurate but you never know). Durability and Imbuedness are taken into account, and there's a basic suggestion on the material that should be used to enhance to reach relic status.
- Highlight properties with intensities > 90.
- Offer a measure of "worth" of items based on their desirability - ie LRC+MR is worth more than either on its own
- Provide a basic BOD rewards calculator, displaying the rewards for turning it in. There's no indication of the reward for turning in the large bod that the small bod would belong to, or vice-versa, sorry.
- Calculates the actual swing speed and DPS of weapons; does NOT account for SSI or DI from other items, so it should be used only to compare between weapons.

STANDALONE INSTALLATION:
Unzip and copy in your UserInterface/{skinname}/Source directory. Please note that your skin may have modified ItemProperties.lua, so you'll lose the skin's functionality regarding the item properties gump. I suggest you make a copy of the whole skin directory before installing this, then.

INSTALLATION WITH OTHER MODS:
I have made it rather easy to integrate this with other mods - namely Illandril's properties highlighting script. To achieve this (it works with the latest Copper Enhanced as well, that's what I've tested it with) you just need to copy ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua in the mod's directory (for instance "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Copper_Enhanced\Mods\ItemPropertyHighlighting") and edit two files:
- In ItemPropertyHighlighting.mod you need to add
Code:
<File name="ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua" />
in the "<files>" section
- In ItemPropertyHighlighting.lua you need to find the line with
Code:
elseif( ItemProperties.CurrentItemData.itemType == WindowData.ItemProperties.TYPE_ACTION ) then
(it is line 553 in my version) and insert the following right before:
Code:
labelText = ItemPropertiesEvaluator.parse(labelText, labelColors)
If you need help, PM me and I'll send you my modified copy.
Please note that, right now, this script overrides the highlight for properties with intensity > 90, which might or might not be the desired behavior. Anyway, it's always "blue is good" so I guess most users won't even notice =)

CUSTOMIZATION (kinda):
If you want, you can also edit the first few lines of ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua, to "customize" it a bit - just set line 8 to false if your artificer is not gargoyle, line 9 to false if s/he has not enough loyalty to use the Queen's Soul Forge, line 10 to true if, for lack of loyalty, you plan on using the public forge of the Royal City of Ter Mur.
Furthermore, you can decide what you want to see: set DisplayWorth, DisplayIndividualIntensities and DisplayGroups to false if you don't care about those informations.
In v0.91 I added a new featurette: if you set ShowImbuenda to true, exceptionally crafted armor will have very low resists highlighted with stars: three stars for no exceptional bonus to the resists, two stars for 1 point, one star for two points. This can be very handy if you craft armor to later imbue, as you'll want to imbue those resists where you lose the least exceptional bonus.

I'll make it easier (and possibly changeable from the GUI) in the future, I promise.

TO DO:
- I badly want to be able to account for the character's equipment when calculating swing speed etc; this would also finally allow me to have an item's Resist be displayed with the resists the character'd have by wearing it, instead of simply showing the char's current status.
- Being able to tell you if that SBOD would be worth more if you wait for the relevant BOD would be nice, but it's a lot of work (in the data entry sense) and I don't really look forward to doing it.
- Move all the custom settings to CustomSettings =)
- Change the calculations to account for imbuing changes - once they're live.

CHANGELOG:
v0.9.4
* Fixed a bug introduced in 0.9.3 (item title would only highlight if the item was already over RELIC_INTENSITY, instead of enhanceable to).

v0.9.3
* Fixed a bug with the BOD rewards calculator that prevented the actual rewards from being displayed. (Thanks Storm)

v0.9.2
* Fixed a bug with items in hotbars where the tooltip wouldn't be displayed. (Thanks Fink)

v0.9.1
* Should be fixed for the latest unraveling changes - inform me of any glaring mistakes, please. Also note that Heartwood is now the last resort, since I can't possibly foresee what mod it will add, and thus I can only guess what would happen if you were very lucky.

* Added "Imbuenda" highlight - ie very low resists in exceptionally crafted armor, for imbuing purposes.

v0.9
* I finally made it easier to integrate =)
* Added flags to squelch unwanted data, will be more useful when they don't require editing .lua files.

v0.8
* Fixed some bugs
* Started making it easier to change settings.

v0.7
* Added the BOD calculator
* Added Gargoyle's equpment data
* Corrected leech range calculation for bows

v0.6
Initial (Limited) release

-- original below
After a loooong time I finally decided to improve a bit my old script, and the result is this:

Of course, the most important feature is the intensity calculator, that accounts for pretty much everything I could figure out (reduced durability and "imbued" as well), and suggests what to enhance the item with if you are "almost there".

There's also a swing speed calculator, accurate unless you are wearing other SSI equipment like Assassin's Armor, Turquoise Ring or Daimyo's Helm, and a DPS calculator with pretty much the same issues. Hopefully I'll fix this sooner or later, but in the meanwhile I'm finding it useful to quickly decide on two similar weapons.

I'm not releasing it right now because I think it would be more useful if integrated with a full skin, but if no other developer is interested AND users are, I'll gladly release it stand-alone.

Attachments

P

pgcd

By the way - the "what to enhance with" thingy is accurate enough: I just used it on 21 items, getting 19 successes (which is a LOT more than I'm used to, dunno why) and those resulted in 17 relic fragments. Which is nice, IMHO.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wow that looks really cool I have been waiting for somthing like this! nice work
hope someone integrates it into a skin

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
didnt think of that ! but even if not it would be a good addition

P

pgcd

Does it take into account whether you're human or gargoyle?
It does script-wide, instead of character-wide. That is, you can change the minimum intensity required for a relic (401 for Gargoyle at the Queen's soulforge, 451 for a human at his home Soulforge etc).
The reason why I decided not to use the current character's race and loyalty status is simply that I have three loot-collecting chars, and not one of them is my Artificer, so it would make little sense to check the relic-ability for them, when they are going to give the loot to the Artificer anyway.
Not to mention the fact that, if you plan on seriously unraveling stuff, you are going to need to be a gargoyle with 10k loyalty, otherwise you're going to waste at least 10% of the relic frags (assuming an even distribution of intensities, which isn't, so probably the wastage is even worse).

F

Fink

I'm quite happy to lose 10%-50% of relic fragments if it means I don't have to look like one of those flapping dingbats. My artificer's human, always was and always will be, and I can assure you he's quite serious when it comes to unraveling! :eek: I've had GM Item ID on him for years so I tend to shop for relic material with him. I guess this is what I was thinking when I asked about race. :)

Is the penalty for unraveling imbued items a consideration too? I think you have to multiply the total by 0.8 if something has the imbued tag, unless they've nerfed it further.

P

pgcd

I'm quite happy to lose 10%-50% of relic fragments if it means I don't have to look like one of those flapping dingbats. My artificer's human, always was and always will be, and I can assure you he's quite serious when it comes to unraveling! :eek: I've had GM Item ID on him for years so I tend to shop for relic material with him. I guess this is what I was thinking when I asked about race. :)

Is the penalty for unraveling imbued items a consideration too? I think you have to multiply the total by 0.8 if something has the imbued tag, unless they've nerfed it further.
Well, as of now you'd be required to change a number in the actual script, but then you'd be set. And yes, the 0.8 penalty for imbued is accounted for, as is the reduced durability factor.

F

Fink

I also look forward to its release. :thumbup:

I took stock of my looting behaviour and it seems I tend to throw everything into a bag and sift through it later at home with my artificer, unless it is a particularly heavy item such as a war mace or ringmail tunic. For heavy items I am more discerning as it saves me making many trips.

P

pgcd

It looks like no-one's interested in attaching it to a skin, so I suppose I'll have to release it standalone - I'll try and package it before the weekend.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It looks like no-one's interested in attaching it to a skin, so I suppose I'll have to release it standalone - I'll try and package it before the weekend.
that's great I cant wait !!!

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be happy to attach it to the Legacy II skin. This looks like a great mod!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will it work in the Clasic Client? Release it as a standalone also.

F

Fink

ItemPropertiesEvaluator.RelicIntensity = 401 -- assuming Gargoyle and Queen's Soulforge, increase if required
ItemPropertiesEvaluator.EssenceIntensity = 71 -- assuming Gargoyle at home forge
What values do I use assuming Human at Queen's Soulforge for both intensities?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Item Properties Evaluator redux - v0.7

Testing this one out right now in Copper Enhanced. Functionally it works well, but at the same time I'd love to see it merged with our "old version" from BB_E/KR that is currently in C-E that uses scaled and customizable colorsets for the mods.

The DPS and speed listing is VERY nice, but it seems to only come up on an item that triggers the high end mod tracker.

If we can slam the two versions together, I think we'll have a winner.

F

Fink

I'm not sure about the meaning of the annotations on resists. I have the following resists on a pair of ringmail gloves:

Phys 3% (3/3)
Fire 3% (3/12)
Cold 1% (1/7)
Pois 5% (5/15)
Ener 3% (3/3)

I gather the figure before the / is the same as the level of resist, but what does the figure after the / represent?

P

pgcd

What values do I use assuming Human at Queen's Soulforge for both intensities?
Since the Queen's bonus is 30, Human at Queen's should be 71 EssenceIntensity and 421 RelicIntensity - also, the default should be 81 Essence, will correct it ASAP but you can do it on your own, if you want/need essence.

Fink said:
I gather the figure before the / is the same as the level of resist, but what does the figure after the / represent?
The figure after the / is your current resist - in your example, it was a char wearing a single item of armor, I'd wager, with 3/12/7/15/3 total resists. It's not very useful info as of now, I know, but it's handy when shopping for armor - you can see quite easily what resists are lowest in your current suit etc.

Dermott of LS said:
Testing this one out right now in Copper Enhanced. Functionally it works well, but at the same time I'd love to see it merged with our "old version" from BB_E/KR that is currently in C-E that uses scaled and customizable colorsets for the mods.

The DPS and speed listing is VERY nice, but it seems to only come up on an item that triggers the high end mod tracker.
Dermott, I think the problem is that, AFAICT, the old BB_E used very intensively ItemProperties.lua, which I tried to modify as little as possible, demanding the actual job to ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua. The easiest way to accomplish the integration, IMHO, would be to just call the latter from BB_E'ss (well, from Copper's) ItemProperties.lua - there are a bunch of "--added by pgcd" lines in mine, you could try simply copying them and seeing what happens next =) If this can help I'll try to see what I can do myself, but I suppose whoever coded the original BB ItemProperties.lua will find it easier...

As for DPS and speed listing - they should actually appear on very low level items, but you can increase the "weight" (and maybe reduce the range as well) for DPS at line 189 in ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua, so that it appears on even lower level stuff.

F

Fink

Ah, thanks for the answers.

I think that's a valuable feature, the total resists figure. It's helpful having it right there on the item for direct comparison. Thanks for the numbers, too.:thumbup:

I see only two issues with the mod: it gives total intensities based on set properties, and also on soulstones that have imbuable skills on them. Otherwise it's working very well and I like the item enhancement suggestions.

D

Diggity

Very nice mod. Thanks for sharing.

I did notice that you have the hit point increase property scaled based on a max of 8. I think it should be 5.

I also noticed the base resists for the flower garland is off from what I'm seeing for crafted garlands.

P

pgcd

Very nice mod. Thanks for sharing.

I did notice that you have the hit point increase property scaled based on a max of 8. I think it should be 5.

I also noticed the base resists for the flower garland is off from what I'm seeing for crafted garlands.
Fink said:
I see only two issues with the mod: it gives total intensities based on set properties, and also on soulstones that have imbuable skills on them. Otherwise it's working very well and I like the item enhancement suggestions.
Thank you for the input, I'll look into all these issues for the next release.

D

Der Rock

If we can slam the two versions together, I think we'll have a winner.
why doesnt it work for me ? copied all 3 files in the CE/Source but i see no change :(

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Make sure you remove the Item Property Highlighting folder from the Mods folder as well if you're going to put this in to current versions on C-E

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dermott, I think the problem is that, AFAICT, the old BB_E used very intensively ItemProperties.lua, which I tried to modify as little as possible, demanding the actual job to ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua. The easiest way to accomplish the integration, IMHO, would be to just call the latter from BB_E'ss (well, from Copper's) ItemProperties.lua - there are a bunch of "--added by pgcd" lines in mine, you could try simply copying them and seeing what happens next =) If this can help I'll try to see what I can do myself, but I suppose whoever coded the original BB ItemProperties.lua will find it easier...

As for DPS and speed listing - they should actually appear on very low level items, but you can increase the "weight" (and maybe reduce the range as well) for DPS at line 189 in ItemPropertiesEvaluator.lua, so that it appears on even lower level stuff.

Thanks, I'll look into it probably later this week.

F

Fink

Thank you for the input, I'll look into all these issues for the next release.
They're not exactly game-breakers. The set property one did throw me for a moment, but only because I was so excited to think I found a natural fragment, haha.

I

Ivorythorn

Make sure you remove the Item Property Highlighting folder from the Mods folder as well if you're going to put this in to current versions on C-E
I was having the same problem, and tried this. No luck. :confused: I'm 99.9% sure it's in the right folder...but... dunno...

I'm also using the Copper Enhanced. Is anyone else having this problem? Also what are the chances of having this mod with the highlighted properties. I like both functions, and would rather not have to swap folders when I want to switch back and forth.

Thanks for all of the hard work you guys do. :thumbup:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

I was having the same problem, and tried this. No luck. :confused: I'm 99.9% sure it's in the right folder...but... dunno...

I'm also using the Copper Enhanced. Is anyone else having this problem? Also what are the chances of having this mod with the highlighted properties. I like both functions, and would rather not have to swap folders when I want to switch back and forth.

Thanks for all of the hard work you guys do. :thumbup:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Copper_Enhanced\Source this is the location you want to place the 3 files for highlighted properties

then go to the folder that says "mods" and inside it remove the three files that say highlighted properties !

hope that helps

and make sure and shut down and restart the EC

I

Ivorythorn

Okay, I got it working. :party: My mistake was putting the whole file in the source directory, it wouldn't work this way. I had to move the 3 files INDIVIDUALLY into the correct directory. All in all, very handy. The only thing I don't like is that the Engraved: tag is back on containers. :thumbdown:

If the enhancing guide doesn't show up it means no way to enhance to get a fragment correct?

What does the Worth value mean? Surely not gold?

Now I can finally sort through the warehouse, and start clearing stuff out.
I can't unravel to frags yet, but I can clear out some room.

All this makes me want to learn some of this stuff, and make some mods.

Thanks again.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Okay, I got it working. :party: My mistake was putting the whole file in the source directory, it wouldn't work this way. I had to move the 3 files INDIVIDUALLY into the correct directory. All in all, very handy. The only thing I don't like is that the Engraved: tag is back on containers. :thumbdown:

If the enhancing guide doesn't show up it means no way to enhance to get a fragment correct?

What does the Worth value mean? Surely not gold?

Now I can finally sort through the warehouse, and start clearing stuff out.
I can't unravel to frags yet, but I can clear out some room.

All this makes me want to learn some of this stuff, and make some mods.

Thanks again.
If the enhancing guide doesn't show up it means no way to enhance to get a fragment correct? thats correct ! but you still may be able to imbue higher mods then enhance! i have had a few like that

What does the Worth value mean? Surely not gold? The higher the number the better the item I think (as in mods that go together like fc and fcr )
I am still trying to figure it out 100%

I

Ivorythorn

If the enhancing guide doesn't show up it means no way to enhance to get a fragment correct? thats correct ! but you still may be able to imbue higher mods then enhance! i have had a few like that
Okay, that makes sense. If it's close enough, imbue, then enhance. Gotcha...

What does the Worth value mean? Surely not gold? The higher the number the better the item I think (as in mods that go together like fc and fcr ) I am still trying to figure it out 100%
Hrm, okay I think I understand. I'll one I start checking the pile of stuff I have in the warehouse, I'm sure to have a better understanding of how this works. Now I need to work on my imbuing skill, Ugh, I've got a long way to go....

P

pgcd

I should write some kind of help/FAQ, shouldn't I? =)

Anyways, to answer these last two questions:

- Assuming my calculations are correct, the "Worth" line will higlight (default color is light blue) when the item MIGHT be unravelled to a relic. That doesn't always mean you can actually do it right away - you might need to add some POF or enhance. Both these cases are covered in the bottom lines: the material is suggested for all three main types (i'm assuming stone has the same bonus as metal), and reduced durability is shown as well. Just make sure you check it after every single application of POF, if you don't wanna waste it.

- As for the Worth itself, the idea is twofold: if there was some sort of consensus on the various properties' weight, we could certainly use it as a sort of pricing guideline. Seeing as there's no consensus of any kind yet =), its main purpose is to offer a quick, at-a-glance way of telling if an item is good loot even if it's not relic level.
To make sure you notice the items you're looking for, the most effective way would be to adjust the various groups' and properties' weights - if you are after mage stuff, you could set LRC-related groups to something more than 1, that way even items that don't have other properties would show up as having higher Worth.

I guess this is not very clear (and especially very user-unfriendly), but hopefully I'll manage to make use of the very nice CustomSettings mod, and that should make it easier to set everything up to taste.

BTW - if the above doesn't make sense, please do correct me: English is not my first language =)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is perfect..

but here is what id like.. green worth = essence of human home forge, blue = relic of human home forge.. can this be done?

right now its showing almost everything blue even with very low resists or mods.. not understanding why.. like worth: 200, its blue.. should be green yeah?

also, what is the armor ressists in the brackets?

what i mouse over say some sleeves it says like
physical 12% (12/65)

not understanding the bracketed part.

plus i found a bug, a large golden normal 20 chainmail bod, when i mouse over it, nothing happens at all.. i get no properties.

P

pgcd

this is perfect..

but here is what id like.. green worth = essence of human home forge, blue = relic of human home forge.. can this be done?

right now its showing almost everything blue even with very low resists or mods.. not understanding why.. like worth: 200, its blue.. should be green yeah?

also, what is the armor ressists in the brackets?

what i mouse over say some sleeves it says like
physical 12% (12/65)

not understanding the bracketed part.

plus i found a bug, a large golden normal 20 chainmail bod, when i mouse over it, nothing happens at all.. i get no properties.
Aarons6: "worth" is not the same as Intensity - you can easily have 200 worth for a 321 or more intensity object, if the latter is an armor with 15% reflect physical (that I consider less valuable for worth, but it's 100% intensity nonetheless).

The resist between parentheses is your current total resist.

As for the bug: does it happen with anything else? I checked with pretty much all the bods I have, but I don't have many and I might have misspelled something, so it'd be very useful if you could see if there's a pattern to the BOD fail.

D

Diggity

Here's my 2 cents on worth. I think it would be hard to come up with a consensus value since there are so many different templates that are used. Also, now that there are noble, legendary artificer gargoyles around, imbuing can relatively cheaply replace formerly semi-rare higher end items that had just the right properties on them. Particularly in cases where intensity < 500%, I think considering what an equivalent imbued item would cost to make from scratch is valid in determining an item's worth.

So how to relate worth to the cost to imbue up a replacement item? 100 Luck and 100 LRC combo is 200% unweighted intensity. MR 2 and LMC 8 combo is also 200% unweighted intensity. Both would be at the top of the list of desirability based on playstyle. But the luck/lrc combo only requires magical residue while the MR/LMC combo would take relic fragments. From this standpoint, the MR/LMC combo is worth more. Because of imbuing failures, an item that requires 3 or even 4 relic fragment based property is much more expensive to create. Eg, a balanced, max ssi, hit velocity, hit lightning bow has 4 properties that require relic fragments. But because the 3rd and 4th properties will have success rates << 100%, this item should be worth >> twice as much as an item that only requires 2 relic fragment based properties. To a lesser extent, 3rd,4th and 5th properties that would require essence or residue also add "failure" cost worth to an item. I think just considering this type of magical ingredient cost in the worth of an item will result in less subjective evaluation of an item's "worth".

In cases where item intensity > 500%, a further adjustment of an item's worth can be based on its weighted intensity and types of properties as the current mod does. Loot and crafted items are not bound by the imbuing weight caps. Consider they will/should never break. Take an artifact like the ornie, equivalent to >700% imbued property intensity. I consider the ornie to be a max value item. In the age of imbuing, even the 15% energy resist can be fully utilized. If an item has >500% intensity in all useful properites: 1. it is very rare 2. The worth should reflect that. I think the current mod is a fairly good start on evaluating if the total intensity and properties combo are useful or not -- but this is an area that will always be fairly subjective.

I also think that arties that have properties that aren't normally available on an item, eg hld, stats, dci or fcr on armor pieces, should have some higher worth assigned to them. Again, this is very subjective, but it is an area that I think about when putting together a suit.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW - if the above doesn't make sense, please do correct me: English is not my first language =)
Holy crap man, you speak it way better than I do - and it's my only language... :)

I

Ivorythorn

I should write some kind of help/FAQ, shouldn't I? =)

I guess this is not very clear (and especially very user-unfriendly), but hopefully I'll manage to make use of the very nice CustomSettings mod, and that should make it easier to set everything up to taste.

Yes, this would be good. I have no clue how to edit these lua files, and I'm not that good yet at batch files. I also wished it worked like the Item Properties Intensity mod, because that helped me loot faster. I see a bright color I can check and see if it's something I need. I know some things are highlighted, but not like the other. Other than that, good work.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aarons6: "worth" is not the same as Intensity - you can easily have 200 worth for a 321 or more intensity object, if the latter is an armor with 15% reflect physical (that I consider less valuable for worth, but it's 100% intensity nonetheless).

The resist between parentheses is your current total resist.

As for the bug: does it happen with anything else? I checked with pretty much all the bods I have, but I don't have many and I might have misspelled something, so it'd be very useful if you could see if there's a pattern to the BOD fail.

thanks i understand :)
that was the only bod i had. ill keep checking tho.

F

Fink

I am now confident enough in this mod's function that I've actually soulstoned Item ID away. I put Alchemy, my "swap" skill, back on at least until they give us some useful bonus for having Item ID.

The Infamous Zorg:
100 Arms Lore
100 Alchemy
100 Bowcraft
100 Lumberjacking
100 Mining
100 Magery
120 Imbuing

Now I'm back to making both explosives and guns full-time. :thumbup:

P

pgcd

There's a new release - I fixed the bugs that were mentioned, and started making it easier to integrate it with the other mods etc, but there's still a long way to go for that, I'm afraid.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a hard time figuring out how this mod is supposed to work.
A small example being more useful than a text wall, let's have a look at this:

Here is what I do: I replace the DI 4% with exactly the same value, DI 4%, so I can know what is the 'weight' of the weapon.
I get as result: 271/450 (since it's a looted weapon, the max value is 450).

When reading the information that the mod provides, I'm expecting to find that 271 value somewhere, instead of which I get: Intensity 187 (74% of 253).
I also get another information: Worth: 153, hightlighted in green.

Now, pardon me if I sound bland here, but all of that doesn't make the slightest sense to me.

I would really like to use such a mod, it would be great since, IMHO, EA messed up the relics system, but not only does it only work under the legacy skin (I couldn't get it to work under no other skin, or default UI), it also gives a lot of information which I have a hard time either understanding or finding accurate.

The technology is there, I applaud the effort, but is it possible to iron this out a bit so it can be the next best thing since sliced bread.
Pretty please?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the item says 187 (74% of 253) because the item has less than 50 durability if you used a powder of fortification on it and got it to 50 it would then say 253 (100% of 253)
also keep in mind if you were to imbue item it gets a 20% pebalty for being imbued
so then depending on the mod it could read 80% of 353 (just a example)

this is by far my favorite mod the worth is just a rough number of its over all value I believe it takes things into account that go together (like spellchannel and faster cast)
i really only look at the color blue is keeper red is trash (or keep to get a residue)

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes, the mod does wonders, every single item bar one I enhanced following the mod indications yielded a relic, so it's all good :)
It even predicts the return of BoDs which is also awesome.

I would like it to work under the standard UI or the copper mod though, because I'm forced to use the legacy II mod to use it and I don't like that mod that pops a map each time you log a character and displays the backpack contents on dark grey which means you can't see dark objects in your inventory.

And I think the mod would be much better taking out the unnecessary information like the worth (a color code on 'Intensity' would do the job better) and the (x/xx) after each armor value line. I feel it's a little bit cluttered and unfriendly to read at the moment.

Anyway, keep up with the good job :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it does work with copper enhanced thats what I use atm...maybe you put it in wrong directory?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Item Properties Evaluator redux - v0.8

This looks outstanding and I can't wait to try it. Do I need to create this directory myself: UserInterface/{skinname}/Source directory
In my current Stygian Abyss directory, I have: UserInterface/Custom_UI_Documentation (which is zipped) and UserInterface/Default (which is also zipped). I am not using any other mods or skins, so do I need to download something else in addition to the item property evaluator mod? Thanks very much. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Re: Item Properties Evaluator redux - v0.8

unzip the default skin into the userinterface directory! Then unzip the property mod into the default source directory ! thats what I did