• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it illegal to block a scripter's recall spot?

U

UOKaiser

"Harassment consists of flagrant misuse and abuse of game mechanics with the intention of distressing and offending other players"

Can't see how someone could get distressed and/or offended if they're not there. If they are in fact at their keyboard, nothing would be easier than recalling in to a different spot. I do it all the time when I get the blocked message. Never upset me in the slightest.

Zi
It's fine to just block one area if they can get away whith it but if they keep blocking especially there home spot which then they have to remove the item blocking it or mark another spot. But if the person keeps blocking every recall spot the other person keep marking then I believe thats crossing the barrier from vigilante to criminal. And remmeber all those people that used to place things are alround youre home so you cant recall there thats straight harrasment.

U

UOKaiser

To UOKaiser: I know you might well just respond to me with something along the lines of "I don't have to do nothing!!", but please just please remember that someone saying "hello" is not harassment, but not responding is mighty rude.
Not at all but something I love to do is when I feel someone is just looking to page and do there vigilante justice I do 1 of 2 things ignore them then watch them waste there time or talk to them and keep them there for as long as i can talking about nonsense boring the guy to death untill he decides never to try to strike a conversation with me unless he really has something really to say instead of checking if am doing something wrong. I assure you i dont hear from the guy again lol.

Z

Ziane

It's fine to just block one area if they can get away whith it but if they keep blocking especially there home spot which then they have to remove the item blocking it or mark another spot. But if the person keeps blocking every recall spot the other person keep marking then I believe thats crossing the barrier from vigilante to criminal. And remmeber all those people that used to place things are alround youre home so you cant recall there thats straight harrasment.
Nobody can possibly block every single recall spot. There is always the option of getting to the spot in a different way and removing the objects that are blocking. Heck, if the person placing them is still there you could even provide them with a complimentary dirtnap. :D

Zi

U

UOKaiser

Nobody can possibly block every single recall spot. There is always the option of getting to the spot in a different way and removing the objects that are blocking. Heck, if the person placing them is still there you could even provide them with a complimentary dirtnap. :D

Zi
Home recall spot actually block all round the home 2 square which would end messing any players experience . Hell Blocking all the stair area especially if the home is remote. Try to get from a moongate to a remote home in fel lugging ore. Actually you probably wont even see anyone but still annoying.

Z

Ziane

I'm guessing you mark all your home runes standing inside your house. May be worth marking one or two in spots a bit further away, which is what I have done for my houses. That way your experience is much less likely to get messed with, as you put it.

Zi

U

UOKaiser

I'm guessing you mark all your home runes standing inside your house. May be worth marking one or two in spots a bit further away, which is what I have done for my houses. That way your experience is much less likely to get messed with, as you put it.

Zi
My personal experience is usually fine never really ever had to deal whith that though i like fire whith fire if someone would do that to me I stay hidden to find out who then in time If I ever find see him I'll make sure to get him back better if I found where they lived :) especially if they had a not so easily replaceble house or a public house man the party ill be on!

Further note dont get a scripter confused whith a recall miner lumberjacker whatever. They play the same only difference is one is scripting the other is uoassit-kr macroing. While the scripter wont do anything the macroer will probably make youre playing experience as bad or worst than you try to make theres. So do not get these 2 confused please do what you want with scripter but leave the legit players to play.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, enough of all this boo-hooing over whats what, whats right from wrong.....do it and don't get caught, it's that simple.

If someone wants to be a mutt and not talk, guess what, they're just setting themselves up for trouble.....I have had peeps talk at me as a miner, I answer back, outta kindness and not wanting trouble.

In fel. have em wacked....I believe in vigilantism....and honestly don't give a hoot what anyone thinks.....do it and don't get caught....what I do.

later

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for your comments. I found them all interesting.
I have done nothing as yet, but I'm still watching him ! Yes, after almost 11 years I am a tad bored ;)

Mishra_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just find something else to do with my time. This has become the place where the UO police spend their time.

"When I’m not in game blocking scripters..... I come to the forum and talk about blocking scripters"

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just find something else to do with my time. This has become the place where the UO police spend their time.

"When I’m not in game blocking scripters..... I come to the forum and talk about blocking scripters"
Please check the number of posts I have. Uhm, how many posts do you have again?
If I wish to check this 'scripters' place every now and again I will. It does not mean that I do not do other things in game as well. It only takes a few seconds to recall in and check once a day :)

B

Blackadder

I found myself a nice chap last night who made strange but consistent movements.
My Rogue character got to hear about this and decided to take a look.
My rogue waited in heartwood and sure enough along came a blue beetle with someone astride him, he jumped off whilst still moving and walked to his spot and hid.
Then the sound of wood being shaved and planed started to sound, so just to see if the fletcher was paying attention i did a detect hidden and out he popped.
Hello, i said.
No reply.
Hmmm, so i opened his pack and just as i did a recipe dropped into his special pouch.
I asked him if he needed that one?
No reply.
So i took this as a no and fished it out of his pack.
I stayed with him for a couple of hours to make sure he was safe and managed to snaffle 4 more recipes and an Oak fletching kit which it seems he also didnt want ;-)
So, bring it on scripters i'm waiting.
I am now scouring the lands looking for these strange folk so i can keep them safe on their travels .

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you block the next spot they mark and the next and the next. Wouldnt that be considered harrasment by the interpretation of a GM which is policing all online EA games.
No, it would not be considered as a harassment if it is at a bank. However, if it is being done outside a player house then a GM is most likely to take action. Banks are public places and you can stand or have your pet stand wherever the hell you want.

K

Kensai Tsunami

to Blackadder...

that has got to be one of the funniest posts i have ever read on the boards!
good for you !!

hilarious!!!!!

...and heres one for the veggie haters
:danceb:

D

Divster

Well given the position of the roc anyone on europa should goto papua bank and pick up the poison keg u see there and see what happens. place it back for however long u like then remove again. anyone who comes up with a realistic solution other than scripting can have a cookie!

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found myself a nice chap last night who made strange but consistent movements.
My rogue waited in heartwood and sure enough along came a blue beetle with someone astride him, he jumped off whilst still moving and walked to his spot and hid.
Then the sound of wood being shaved and planed started to sound, so just to see if the fletcher was paying attention i did a detect hidden and out he popped.
Hello, i said.
No reply.
Hmmm, so i opened his pack and just as i did a recipe dropped into his special pouch.
No reply.
I stayed with him for a couple of hours to make sure he was safe and managed to snaffle 4 more recipes and an Oak fletching kit which it seems he also didnt want ;-)
I am now scouring the lands looking for these strange folk so i can keep them safe on their travels .
Hahaha!

That lucky sod, I haven't gotten a bloody kit in ages, not even a wee lil oak kit.

Blackadder and veggies reminds me of the scary "Black Vegetable!" :D

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, i said.
No reply.
No reply.
:hahaha:

Nice, very nice!

D

Divster

This is getting ridiculous at papua bank europa, the same guy has been here for 3 days trying to recall on the same spot with several different people randomly picking up the potion keg. Within 4-5 seconds at any time, this individual appears drops things off then recalls out. the only explanantion is that for 3 days this has been automated as he hasn't even bothered to make a new recall spot :coco:

B

Blackadder

Alas my friendly fletching chap must have gotten wind of my snaffling.
He didnt turn up in fel last night but when i took my begger to tram heartwood there he was doing the exact same routine.
Its a real shame the game cant figure out the scripters and allow them to be stolen from in tram, this would cut the problem down a bit and give us rogues something constructive and rewarding to do.
So, a question to you programmer type people:
I play online poker and the poker software can tell if i am using an illegal product and report back, could UO be able to do this?
Seems to simple to be true but surely the software could be programmed to sense when scripts are being ran?
I have to point out that scripters dont realy bother me, as ive shown i can use them to my advantage, especialy since fel gives double resources ive been camping some of the fave mining spots and although i havent snaffled anything of value ive certainly buggered their day up a bit ;-)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis fun, no? Found a typical heartwood scripter at the bow place. The guy has always been there. So this time I decided to see something. I followed him out, and put a rock on the tele to get in, the typical big ugly doom one. He came back, and walked up the rock and sat there, did nothing. Luckily there wasn't any NPC's on the screen, and it was fel. So I killed him in guard zone, and hit little pet.

Moved the rock, and his ghost went on about his routine, except dead, so he will really just be sitting as a ghost infront of the archery shop in heartwood without his pet :p

Although, as a new note, I find his ghost to be running in circles unresponsive around the shop. Maybe his script is trying to find his pet?

T

Turdnugget

Hire an NPC hireling and park it on the scripters spot. Nobody will know it's yours =P

Enigma, I don't see much difference in a GM deleting a scripter/exploiters house or someone blocking a recall spot of that same kind of person... in essence they're doing the GM's job!!! And besides, it can be fun =)

I'm going to have to start checking out Fel Heartwood on my server to see if there's anyone crafting to steal from...