• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is everyone happy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try showing some respect for playstyles that don't mesh with your narrowminded views.
I'm not re-reading through 50 posts.... What did Skylark say that was narrowminded?
I'm not explaining 50 posts... but, here since you're inept or maybe lazy even:

Seriously...some people seem to equate strife, bad manners, etc. with "excitement" in a forum. The reality is that the interaction these people consider "exciting" would most likely get them at the least, a fist planted squarely in their face in the real world, and they good and well know it. What is unacceptable there, is unacceptable here as well. Then they cry about "nazi" moderators. Give me a break. We have law enforcement in society because most of us don't want to live amidst anarchy, even if law enforcement itself needs policing at times, and becomes corrupt. We still need it, and want it.

I have been participating in this forum for over 5 years, and what makes me want to puke is public exhibition over what for the most part is grown men, and women behaving badly in a video game or crying like babies over what happens in a video game, then behaving badly over it, and then crying about being censored, and behaving badly over it. Do you sense a theme here?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

-Skylark
This isn't real life.

Some people would do good to learn that fact.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honey, this is the oprah show and you're not oprah.

Try showing some respect for playstyles that don't mesh with your narrowminded views.

Thanks

-Drax
Honey if I didn't, I sure wouldn't have been seeing, much less reading any of your posts for the last 5 years. ;)

-Skylark

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right, it's not real life. It's a forum with moderators.
Try knowing what that is and how it applies to this place... mmm k? This isn't the Skylark community, this is the Siege Perilous community.
This also isn't the Draxous/BlackRain community.

Ah, whatever, I don't feel like catching up on this thread right now. Somebody report any posts that cross a line, I'm out for now.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, whatever, I don't feel like catching up on this thread right now.
You really haven't missed anything.

However, as far as I know, Drax/BR hasn't called me "toots" yet, so I'd say it still has some room to grow. rolleyes:

-Skylark

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks

-Drax
Honey if I didn't, I sure wouldn't have been seeing, much less reading any of your posts for the last 5 years. ;)

-Skylark

Sweet cheeks, you've got that backwards. If you did, you would of simply ignored the posts and carried on minding your own business. The same favor, that had been given to you. ;)

-Drax

S

Salya Sin

I feel bad for the mods that have to put up with all of us...

Skylark BRAVO! :bowdown: I now want to try out Seige... I actually was starting to think the shard was where they sent the in game jerks as punishment. Like some prison island...

And gosh Seige... just because you are the hardcore rule shard... trammie's not welcome... doesn't mean you have to act like asshats. I think that is the main point here... liking rough play does not mean you have a jack off priviledge card. You can be hardcore and still be respectful...

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way to go Drax.

You've made me agree with somebody that has a "Don't worry - Be Vampire" avatar over you.

Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?

(No offense. =] )

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You want to talk community? Try knowing what that is and how it applies to this place... mmm k? This isn't the Skylark community, this is the Siege Perilous community. That's right. It includes everyone... which also includes people who don't behave according to YOUR specific expectations of conduct in a fantasy world.

If you want a community gathered in a place that behaves according to your princess perceptions... then form a guild, make a forum and post there. THIS forum is for ALL the players of Siege Perilous... not your camps perversion of what the community should be, but what the community actually is. So deal with the fact that this game encompasses people with different perspectives, attitudes and purposes behind their behavior... because that fact, isn't changing.

And let's get something straight.

I've never been dishonorable or not helped others... even enemies at times. Does that mean I suddenly play the fairy prince on the white horse charging to save the day? No. I choose my choices based on my own sets of principles and values.. not yours. I'm the bad guy. I don't log in to play tea party and cupcakes with fairy princesses. I play to crush.

Thanks

-Drax

PS. Vortex, I suggest you read the bold as many times as it takes to sink in.
Only took one reading to see that you are wrong. These forums are STRATICS view of what a community is, not yours. When you pay for the hosting, you can decide what is best for these forums. Until then, Stratics sets the rules and I enforce them.

S

Salya Sin

Way to go Drax.

You've made me agree with somebody that has a "Don't worry - Be Vampire" avatar over you.

Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?

(No offense. =] )

ROFLMFAO!! I thought it was cute... but truthfully... I'm graphically challenged and just not that creative. ::pat pat:: I do understand how you feel though...

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the point your missing is you posted a very OT post that belongs in the OT forum,
it was your opinion on a news event.
As a board community we do very much care about things that are going on with the people we play with. Therefore a shooter in the next building OT but relevant. The same goes for teeth being pulled, glass blown, jobs aquired or lost, friends and family events and even how or what your cat/dog/snake/ball of lint is doing.
I personaly find the sports OT posts useless since I don't follow sports but most enjoy or ignore them.
I assume people feel the same way about the LOL cat thread.

O

Ole Cheapy

I think the point your missing is you posted a very OT post that belongs in the OT forum,
As a board community we do very much care about things that are going on with the people we play with. Therefore a shooter in the next building OT but relevant. The same goes for teeth being pulled, glass blown, jobs aquired or lost, friends and family events and even how or what your cat/dog/snake/ball of lint is doing.
I personaly find the sports OT posts useless since I don't follow sports but most enjoy or ignore them.
*scratches head* I'm sorry are you lost? Do you need a ride somewhere or something?

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despite all your rage are you still just a rat in a cage?

O

Ole Cheapy

Since you brought it up... why is my interest in news that covers the world I live in not as important as someone's stanky teeth? I don't follow.

S

Salya Sin

OMG! THis thread is cracking me up... we have an LOL cat thread? What?.... WHY? That's just hilarious!

:lol::lol::lol:

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*scratches head* I'm sorry are you lost? Do you need a ride somewhere or something?
What?
Was there was more than your news anchor link that I think was moved to OT and the usual rant about mods abusing there powers because they were trying to apply Stratics ROC?
Sorry I don't read the boards every day because of RL things going on. So what else did I miss?

O

Ole Cheapy

What?
Was there was more than your news anchor link that I think was moved to OT and the usual rant about mods abusing there powers because they were trying to apply Stratics ROC?
Sorry I don't read the boards every day because of RL things going on. So what else did I miss?
This thread was made 48 hours prior to the wulf foolishness so i really can't find anything in this thread relevant to your post, which is why I asked if you were lost.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What?
Hehe, Aeowyn, I think this was what you were originally targeting to tack on to, but hit the bottom of the wrong thread. Not that it matters, this thread has been all over the place anyway, why not LOLcats and the thread tangent formerly belonging to Cheapy repackaged by Wulf, now with LOLcats inside! ;)

-Skylark

O

Ole Cheapy

Only took one reading to see that you are wrong. These forums are STRATICS view of what a community is, not yours. When you pay for the hosting, you can decide what is best for these forums. Until then, Stratics sets the rules and I enforce them.

S

Salya Sin

Whichever LOL Cat thread I ended up on... that's fabulous! Those images always make me laugh...

Seige... I'm so happy to see such a soft, gooey, and amusing center... I get it now. You're all fuzzy on the inside! Love it!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. This is not simply the "stratics does what it wants" place, these are also the official game forums for Ultima Online.

And do you pay for the hosting? Does it come out of your ****ing paycheck? Does that shiny badge next to your name give you the rights to push the agendas YOU want to? No. You sitting there trying to tell me that some ogliarch of idiots who got together and decided this is what we want the community that resides in Ultima Online to look like because we don't like what it actually is, is comical.

I suppose this is the point where you put me on hold, tell me about the unusual high call volumes (that are actually pretty usual) while I patiently wait to tell you what I really think of your service.

I suppose your monopoly in the area grants you the right to do what you want to those you service. Feeling a little entitled are we? Well my right as a customer you service is to tell you that your service would benefit from A LOT of improvements.

Now go suck fat toe, ****face

thanks

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You seem to be under the delusion that I work for you, that you are my customer. I work for Stratics. They set the rules.

If Stratics decides to allow the trash you want to spew, more power to them. In the meantime, they have made it clear what they don't want on their forums.

No one is telling you what they want in Ultima Online. When I talk about "community", I am talking about Stratics community.

If you want forums that allow trash and personal attacks, they are out there, go bug them. In the meantime, I will continue to enforce the rules set by Stratics no matter how much you whine and cry about it.

You are welcome to argue this thread all you want, but you get personal again and it will be an infraction. You can argue your point without personal attacks. The days of letting things like that slide are over.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish you were right about that Draxous, but you're not. Mythic cancelled the special status some years ago - I believe it was Mark Jacobs didn't want them tied to a specific one. We are now only one of a number of recognised 'official fan sites' in the 'fan site program'

http://www.uoherald.com/fansites/

Stratics rules are there for a purpose. I sometimes wish people could manage to disagree with each other without resorting to name-calling, but sadly only a few seem to be capable of that feat.

O

Ole Cheapy

*raises hand* I have a question... does the ROC apply to anyone except mods or does it also apply to mods? And if the latter, are there any infractions or warnings issued by other mods in the event that a mod breaks the ROC, or do they just cover it up or send a link telling the violated victim where to complain? Just curious cause I want to have a clear understanding of the ROC.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm...now we are getting weird spammer posts in this thread from freshly registered accounts. Is it officially complete or are we still missing the kitchen sink? Oh, and I wouldn't click the link.

-Skylark

O

Ole Cheapy

Hmmm...now we are getting weird spammer posts in this thread from freshly registered accounts. Is it officially complete or are we still missing the kitchen sink? Oh, and I wouldn't click the link.

-Skylark
Isn't this much more fun than duck duck goose? :)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You seem to be under the delusion that I work for you, that you are my customer. I work for Stratics. They set the rules.

If Stratics decides to allow the trash you want to spew, more power to them. In the meantime, they have made it clear what they don't want on their forums.

No one is telling you what they want in Ultima Online. When I talk about "community", I am talking about Stratics community.

If you want forums that allow trash and personal attacks, they are out there, go bug them. In the meantime, I will continue to enforce the rules set by Stratics no matter how much you whine and cry about it.
Let's cut the crap right here, right now. You, Kelmo, Wulf and Petra are representatives of the in game community found in Ultima Online: Siege Perilous.

This playground is shaped by your wants. Your power is to use the vaguely written ROC to support your version of what this community should look like. You trying to pass off the "I'm only doing my job" as a scapegoat for the ill-received feelings towards you doing your job, is pathetic. Man the **** up.

This community is what we want it to be. It is why for years, stratics has developed a reputation for bias, carebear, ******* mods.

For years these forums (Sieges) have been run differently, because this is a place for the community of Siege Perilous to meet, talk and interact. We've chosen what we want it to represent. We've decided what's acceptable and what isn't.

Not you. Read that again... I'll even turn up the volume so you can hear it:

Not you, but we.

That includes everyone else... not just you and your candyland commandos.

Get it? Got it? Good.

You are welcome to argue this thread all you want, but you get personal again and it will be an infraction. You can argue your point without personal attacks. The days of letting things like that slide are over.
Case in point. This is not a personal attack in any way. Do you even know what an attack towards someone on a personal level even looks like? DO YOU?!?!?!?!?

Since when did telling someone to **** off, become a personal attack?

Do you know how many times people in power like you have manipulated that little clause to mean something that doesn't? More importantly, is why someone would try and manipulate something... the answers obviously: to turn it into something it never was.

Such as your vision of what "Stratics community" is supposed to be.

This forum represents is the community that populates it... not the people who have badges next to their names.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*raises hand* I have a question... does the ROC apply to anyone except mods or does it also apply to mods? And if the latter, are there any infractions or warnings issued by other mods in the event that a mod breaks the ROC, or do they just cover it up or send a link telling the violated victim where to complain? Just curious cause I want to have a clear understanding of the ROC.
The admins deal with violations by mods. You can report any violations per the ROC at the admin email link.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drax,

We are told what is a violation and what is not by the admins in the staff forums. Moreover, each infraction is reviewable by the admins to make sure the mods are enforcing correctly.

Telling some to **** off would not be a personal attack. Calling someone a ****face is. Which is what you did.

The forums were run differently in the past, but Stratics has a right to change that, and they have.

Get over it, its not Whataburger and you can't have it your way.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish you were right about that Draxous, but you're not. Mythic cancelled the special status some years ago - I believe it was Mark Jacobs didn't want them tied to a specific one. We are now only one of a number of recognised 'official fan sites' in the 'fan site program'

http://www.uoherald.com/fansites/

Stratics rules are there for a purpose. I sometimes wish people could manage to disagree with each other without resorting to name-calling, but sadly only a few seem to be capable of that feat.
Petra,

I sincerely hope you don't believe I or anyone else here is really that naive or stupid. I'm an adult and I know how the business world works. PR stunts and legal situations... yeah, ok.

Mr. Jacobs did remove EAMythics connection to stratic's... but you might want to mention why. Because you and I both know how many players were unhappy with stratics' as the official forums of Ultima Online.

Outside of PR stunt to save face (and not pay for running official UO boards of their own...) not a damn thing changed from when this place was officially, official.

When my dinky little fansite starts getting Ultima Online developers and community liasons posting and adding content to it... you can talk to me about not being an official message board.

Thanks.

O

Ole Cheapy

The admins deal with violations by mods. You can report any violations per the ROC at the admin email link.
I never report violations because it is just plain dumb. Just curious if other mods step in and actually mod the boards when the violation is commited by another mod or if they just spew the crap you just spewed. Case n point...thank you for your answer. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right.
Name calling is a personal attack. For confirmation of that we have countless post reports from the people who have been attacked. They take it personally.

To dissect that quote:
Now go suck fat toe,
This part is not a personal attack
This part is.
All clear now?

B

Blindside

Drax,

We are told what is a violation and what is not by the admins in the staff forums. Moreover, each infraction is reviewable by the admins to make sure the mods are enforcing correctly.

Telling some to **** off would not be a personal attack. Calling someone a ****face is. Which is what you did.

The forums were run differently in the past, but Stratics has a right to change that, and they have.

Get over it, its not Whataburger and you can't have it your way.
hmm just a little FYI its Burger King :popcorn:

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never report violations because it is just plain dumb. Just curious if other mods step in and actually mod the boards when the violation is commited by another mod or if they just spew the crap you just spewed. Case n point...thank you for your answer. :)

Maybe I'm missing your point? Not sure what crap I spewed? I answered your question. Mods do not take action against other mods. That is for the admins. Just like any job, two people on an equal basis don't take disciplinary action against each other, they take it to the supervisor.

If your asking if Mods have been removed, yes.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shakes head from work*

Draxous you are just wrong.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where, in the scheme of things, do you rate Adam's UOforums.com?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drax,

Telling some to **** off would not be a personal attack. Calling someone a ****face is.
Calling someone ******************************face is a personal attack?

Gee, that almost made sense.

I'll repeat, maybe this time you'll get it right:

Draxous said:
This is not a personal attack in any way. Do you even know what an attack towards someone on a personal level even looks like? DO YOU?!?!?!?!?
So Vortex, what exactly is a personal attack?

Is calling you a wuss or a nilly willy a personal attack? Does scaling the vulgarity of the phrase in the upward direction magically turn it into a personal attack!?!?!?!? Does it?!!?!

You haven't a leg to stand on. You manipulate the ROC to mean what-ever-the-hell-you-want-it-to (as do a good portion of the staff here at stratics.)

You can cut the "I'm just doing my job" charade... because you're not.

O

Ole Cheapy

Maybe I'm missing your point? Not sure what crap I spewed? I answered your question. Mods do not take action against other mods. That is for the admins. Just like any job, two people on an equal basis don't take disciplinary action against each other, they take it to the supervisor.

If your asking if Mods have been removed, yes.
I'm asking if you yourself seen another mod breaking the ROC would you report it to the admins or turn the other cheek?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find Drax star trek guy humping offensive ban please :stir:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right.
Name calling is a personal attack. For confirmation of that we have countless post reports from the people who have been attacked. They take it personally.

To dissect that quote:
Now go suck fat toe,
This part is not a personal attack
This part is.
All clear now?
Calling someone nilly willy has become a bannable offense... good to know.

When the ROC says profanity is completely prohibited, then we can talk further about this. Just because the level of vulgarity used has increased does not make it all of a sudden a personal attack.

And if we're simply going by what people take offense to... I take offense to any and all offenses taken from me.

Thanks.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can't understand it Drax, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

Amazingly, 95% of the people who post here seem to understand the rules and follow them.

The best I can think of is that you have the same mentality of the Mythbusters.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Best of luck to you, time for me to go back to work.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the filter didn't have a hand in it, maybe he put the stars there himself. Think outside your box.
Speaking of thinking outside the box, did it occur to you that maybe Mods can see the difference between when you enter stars and when the filter does it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.