• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion updates

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard rumors that moonglow is next or has been invaded. Can somebody confirm this?

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what drops has everyone received form the invasion?

I have received a bunch of the focus gems and the defiler of virtue katana. Any other drops?

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vesper has been defended as of this morning.

Three drops that I've heard about: (1) focusing gems from lesser Bane; (2) the Fey slayer katana from Bane Guardians; and (3) a focusing sash from meer (and maybe ophids).

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool thx. Soled a bane guardian with my GD yesterday with no disco. Pretty tough all the way to the end. Draggy only died once.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool thx. Soled a bane guardian with my GD yesterday with no disco. Pretty tough all the way to the end. Draggy only died once.
That is a good job of keeping it alive. I don't think I am capable of keeping up with the damage given to my dragon and I even use spellweaving to help.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think you can get the sash from the meers, ophids, or brit guards.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As of 4:45 am Eastern the defenders of Cove were winning, but everyone there had to log at the time...

You all need to get back in there and finish the job as soon as possible in the morning.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged on for a little this morning and fought the Bane for a while. There were still plenty of them in Cove, although it seemed like there were more guards wandering around than last night.

The town criers (as of about 7:45 am EST) were saying that the defenders were making progress.

If anyone logs on during the day today, please keep us updated on the status of the fight.

Thanks!

p.s: Does anyone know if victories/defeats are linked between Tram and Fel? Last night my miner went to Fel Cove and noticed the invasion was going on there too, but no one was fighting the Bane.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Bane were defeated at 11:45 AM Eastern - which really sucked for me, as I'd been dry-looted by a guard, and it despawned with an imbuable weapon I'd looted, 25k gold and 500 enhanced bandages, about 60 seconds prior. I was still dressing and healing when everything just disappeared.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, it's the combined effort of the two sides, meaning that you have to work twice as hard on the Trammel side, if no one's doing it on the fel side.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIRC, it's the combined effort of the two sides, meaning that you have to work twice as hard on the Trammel side, if no one's doing it on the fel side.
Ahh, I see. Guess that makes sense.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune this morning, Basara. I wonder if loot lost that way just disappears from the game or if it might end up in the Cavern of the Discarded...discarded by the Bane Guard on his way back to report failure to Virtuebane.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Bane were defeated at 11:45 AM Eastern - which really sucked for me, as I'd been dry-looted by a guard, and it despawned with an imbuable weapon I'd looted, 25k gold and 500 enhanced bandages, about 60 seconds prior. I was still dressing and healing when everything just disappeared.
Yeah, that really stinks. I mean, when an invasion is thwarted I can understand no new spawn generating and maybe even existing spawn retreating (but can be caught and killed to get your stuff back), but just vanishing? That's just silly.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was not able to get online last night. Anything new going on with the invasion. I may go out and kill the defenders this time to get the sashes.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Invasion is at moonglow. I took 31 sashes from ophids this am. Bane is winning. Anyone knoe if the power crystals on the meer do anything or part of an event item?

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moonglow has been successfully defended and the bane have been driven out (or just disappeared into thin air, including their corpses) as of a few minutes ago.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I was in Moonglow helping to finish off the invasion, I lored a couple of guards to get an idea of what their stats were like. I did two of them and here's what I gleaned from it:

Hit points seem to be in the 8000-9000 range.

Their damage is 40/15/15/15/15, with the 40 being physical.

Their resists all seem to be in the 65-75 range so there's no glaring weakness.

The barding difficulty was in the 130s. Curiously, with my tamer (peace 89, music 113, no slayer instrument) I never succeeded in peaceing a guard but it never told me I had no chance, so presumably I have a small chance with that skill level.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ziggy: I was able to disco them at "optimal" ranking (according to the CB of knowledge) with GM disco (90 real), 120 music (110 real) and a demon slayer instrument (they appear to retain the demon slayer vulnerability of the bone daemon from Doom).

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Invasion is back to vesper.
Delbrie,

Vesper was under invasion yesterday as well...early this morning defenders were making progress. If previous invasions are any guide, I'm guessing this one will be over some time this morning. - hopefully with the defenders successful again!

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any invasion today? Also heard the some of the meer will drop an equivalent sword as the bane gurds, can anyone confirm? If so what are the mods on it? Thx and wake up Lake Austin!

L

Liquid_Ape

I've been fighting for the Bane this whole time, but very few others are. With any luck the Bane can hold one town. Just to mix things up a little and see what unfolds.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you received any loot other than the sash off of the phids/meers? If so what was it and its mods? Thanks

L

Liquid_Ape

I've gotten nothing but a ton of sashes. I did get a piece of Daemon Bone armor and got all excited and then someone reminded me that it has always spawned on some of the Meer.

Oh well. I do it for fun and to pseudo-roleplay. My guild, the Ocllo Liberation Front, wants very much for our island to be free from Dawn's so called "rule". If we can help defeat her armies anywhere, we will see it as a victory for Ocllo! Or something like that. Haven't had time to really do anything with it, and haven't made any real RP connections here yet.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well IMO, the bane can have Luna. Sorry folks, I started playing in the days where Brit was the center and just cannot get away from that.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ziggy, hopefully it will still be going on this eve. I did not get a chance to log on yesterday and I still need a couple more defilers for my chars (I just wish my disco was higher).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Minoc was defended successfully about 2 PM Eastern today.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hopefully it will kick up today. Does anyone know what the min disco required to disco a guard?

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hopefully it will kick up today. Does anyone know what the min disco required to disco a guard?
Most of the guards I've lored have a barding difficulty in the 130s and your success rate will also depend on your Music skill level.

My music skill is just over 113, and in the high 80s/low 90s in disco/peace I was starting to have a non zero (but very low) chance. I know there was a chance because I wasn't getting the "you have no chance" message, but I never succeeded at that level. With 105 disco (92+13) and 113 music I succeed once every 2-3 tries on average. I assume a demon slayer instrument (such as Iolo's lute) would help on the guards as well.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ziggy. The invasions will probably be over by the time my dico is high enough.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Delbrie,

It depends on several factors - your musicanship skill, the type of instrument you're using (normal, exceptional, slayer), and the level of other bard skills on your character. You can plug that stuff in on the Stratics barding calculator (UO Stratics - Bard Difficulty) to get your answer. Pick either Miasma (129.8) or Green Goblin Alchemist [Renowned] (130.8) to simulate the 130 barding difficulty of the Bane Guards.

For example, with a normal instrument at 100 music and 100 discord, you have roughly a 10% chance to discord a Bane Guard.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I went several invasions without seeing one - then at Trinsic, fighting parted with 4 other people (so we could use the provo mastery songs - those extra stat points, HP and health regen make a BIG difference), the party got at least 5 defilers in the time I was there.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the last invasion I killed a ton of meer and only found sashes, no other drops so far.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there really was not alot of people at the invasion last night. I knid of want to see what happens if the Bane capture a town. I think people are getting a bit tired of the spawn and already have a ton of drops. The devs should introduce new items, turn ins, or take this event to the nex level. I know that I am getting tired of killing guard after guard and for nothing on top of it. I think i will go work disco for a awhile.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there really was not alot of people at the invasion last night. I knid of want to see what happens if the Bane capture a town. I think people are getting a bit tired of the spawn and already have a ton of drops. The devs should introduce new items, turn ins, or take this event to the nex level. I know that I am getting tired of killing guard after guard and for nothing on top of it. I think i will go work disco for a awhile.
You'll get your wish now, Delbrie! :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
lol - I went to Skara after it was taken over, and only saw one Bane guard on the half the island I checked. I killed it, and got a defiler....