• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Defense of Lady Amandine

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
On any given event day there is what.... 75-100 at the minimum of players that call themselves Crux Ansata.
Yet no one posted this most disturbing news of Lady Amandines imprisonment and by Lord Dupre of Trinsic?

I wanted to put this out there and pick some info from others that may have more game history behind their belts.

One: What is the Sword of Caliburn? where is it from and how does one earn the right to wield it?
(is it even a factor in Danicas defense?)

Two: How did Lord Dupre come about this information to hold the right to imprison Lady Amandine (tho it is a fact in prior posts she is familiar of him)

Three: Where is the proof? is there any witnesses of this so called crime? (Lady Amandine stated her facts at the last meeting with her, I do think we need to question her more?)

Four: How did Lord Dupre decide on his own to free Tresha? is that not the same as what he claims of Lady Danica?)

I dont know about the rest of the Crux, but I for one have been by her side since day one, I have watched her bring about a bunch of rag tag towns people and make Very Experienced -well trained Knights out of us and at no time, even after her experience with her dear sister, the memories of her parents coming out, The founding of Addie with the Time Lord ( I could go on and on here) have I ever seen a unjust call made by her.

I am sure there is much more we can add to her defense, and am asking for you all to post your ideas here.

All I really want to do is sail my ship to Yew and take her out of there and back to our headquarters where I know we can protect her from Exodus much more safely and comfortably then where she is currently

I just cant believe we have all become so non challant about her imprisonment or are we all just in awe of this?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Good questions...

1 - In honestly, I can't remember. But I would almost be willing to put a mil on it that Faeryl will. lol

2 - Everyone at the upper level of the food chain has spies/informants. I would expect one such as Lord Dupre to be no different.

3 - Ummmm... sadly she drug a chunk of evidence back with her by the bloody hair the last time the Crux were called into action. Maybe she would have been better off had she left it where it had fallen to the floor/ground.

4 - Good question. Not a clue here. I was not present for Tresha, but will see what I can find out.

I think most are in shock that it has happened. I know I am. I never would have imagined it would have went the way it did.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet no one posted this most disturbing news of Lady Amandines imprisonment and by Lord Dupre of Trinsic?
Kylie's supposed to be covering that... It'll be posted when he gets it done.

*Edit: Apparently he was waiting on me to finish my report on the event a few days before, so it'll be posted whenever I get finished. Patience is the unsung virtue. ;)

One: What is the Sword of Caliburn? where is it from and how does one earn the right to wield it?
(is it even a factor in Danicas defense?)
I don't know if it matters in Danica's defense, but a little bit of digging got me this info:
The sword Caliburn is one of the eight talismans of Sir Cabirus, representing the virtue of Justice. Molded after a sword from Earth, this sword is said to cleave Truth from Falsehood. It is said that the sword can't be broken in combat. It is a strong symbol of virtue.

Caliburn was broken in two, probably by the wizard Tyball. The blade was hidden in a secret room in the third level, while the hilt was placed on the tomb of Sir Cabirus on the fifth level. The Avatar found them there in Ultima Underworld I and used the services of Shak the blacksmith to forge them back together. It was cast into the lava of the Abyss in the chamber of virtue later, to banish the Slasher of Veils.

Two: How did Lord Dupre come about this information to hold the right to imprison Lady Amandine (tho it is a fact in prior posts she is familiar of him)
Considering that she's the commander of the Knights currently attempting to keep the lands unified, I'd assume her every move would likely be thoroughly scrutinized and well known by just about anyone. I doubt it would have been hard for him to find out.

Three: Where is the proof? is there any witnesses of this so called crime? (Lady Amandine stated her facts at the last meeting with her, I do think we need to question her more?)
If her actions were committed out on the streets, I'd guess there were likely quite a few witnesses. Not to mention All the Knight's at the muster saw her come in covered in blood and dragging half a body, which in itself can be quite damning. Plus her own account of what happened. We should probably question her more, but the proof is there if you look...

Four: How did Lord Dupre decide on his own to free Tresha? is that not the same as what he claims of Lady Danica?)
When Lord Dupre took charge of the Knights, he gained the power to release Tresha. I don't believe it's the same... We had no real evidence that Tresha had committed any crime, however in Danica's case, that can be disputed.

I just cant believe we have all become so non challant about her imprisonment or are we all just in awe of this?
I'm far from being nonchalant about the whole situation, but I still have a job to do, regardless of whether Danica is imprisoned or not. I'm determined to do what I can to help free her, but I'm not able to just up and abandon my responsibilities as a reporter.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kylie's supposed to be covering that... It'll be posted when he gets it done.

*hears a big ole splash as Faeryl throws him inna creek*

To quote Captain Jack Aubrey.....

I will grind whatever grist the mill requires to fulfill my duty. :D

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*hears a big ole splash as Faeryl throws him inna creek*

To quote Captain Jack Aubrey.....

I will grind whatever grist the mill requires to fulfill my duty. :D
Hah. Check my edit to that comment you quoted. :p

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I shall take it upon myself to help free Danica!

All I ask is 1 hour alone with her in her cell, to help prepare her defense!

*sharpens a dagger*

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I shall take it upon myself to help free Danica!

All I ask is 1 hour alone with her in her cell, to help prepare her defense!

*sharpens a dagger*
And all I ask is that he be checked thoroughly for concealed weapons by the guards stationed outside her cell before allowing him to see her.

*goes back to writing*

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All I ask is that Exodus sews his mouth shut first :coco:

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And martial law-does that play a factor here?

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And martial law-does that play a factor here?
Generally in times of martial law, military personnel will replace civil authorities and perform some or all of their duties. In the case of full-scale martial law (such as what we're under now), the highest-ranking military officer would take over as the military governor or as head of the government, therefore removing all power from the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government.

Typically, the imposition of martial law includes curfews, the suspension of civil law, civil rights, habeas corpus, and the extension of military justice to civilians.

So having control of the Justice system, was Danica within her rights when she killed Reddish? It certainly wasn't moral, but was it legal? In an instance of martial law, it could be hard to decide.

On the other hand however, there are some legal issues which are unique to military justice. Those issues are the preservation of good order and discipline, the legality of orders, and appropriate conduct for members of the military.

Was it appropriate conduct for Danica to kill Reddish the way she did? Could her orders to us to kill Jimmy Nardello without a trial be considered legal or no?

I'm sure there are other issues, but I'm in the middle of my report, so my mind's not fully focused on this topic at the moment...

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to say, it is threads like this that really make me enjoy what I do. I love that you guys are invested in these characters and in the stories.

In short, I love you guys.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm..... Promathia may be on to something........

*gives evil smile*

er... i mean.... She wil be taken care of VERY well.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is it just me... or does anyone else picture Lady Amandine on the stand and her testimony going something like this?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So you would have her appear meek and timid before those who judge her and those who seek to take her freedom?

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kinslayer- If my memory serves me- he was found guilty and the two soldiers that Tom Cruise was defending got off with just a dishonorable discharge

There is good and just reasons Lady Amandine acted in the manor she did and we need to find a good and solid defense-
Now Try harder please:whip:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kinslayer- If my memory serves me- he was found guilty and the two soldiers that Tom Cruise was defending got off with just a dishonorable discharge

Agreed. But GITMO was not under martial law, it has been under complete jurisdiction and control of the U.S. which entails the laws in the U.S. also apply there. However when martial law has been declared the highest ranking officer {Lady Amandine} takes over. Once that is the case is removes all power from any previous rulers, king etc. Civil liberties can be suspended, up to and including freedom of movement, and yes even Habeas Corpus. The highest ranking officer then enforces the laws {civil and criminal} they see fit and quells any further problems by any means they see fit. In addition, if one is found to ignore the orders of the highest ranking officer they themselves could see severe punishment, including death.

The way I see it Danica has more than a few cards she can play. She can play the sympathy card, Lord Simeon was brutally murdered and she was very close to him. She could play the fit of rage defense, she flew off in a fit of rage and by her own words once she saw Reddish at the docks she began questioning him, one thing led to another and she killed him in that same blur of rage.

OR

She can stay true to who she is as a person. A leader, a person who is doing what she sees fit to maintain order in the realm when chaos is the norm. According to martial law she has the right/duty to question those who are involved in a conspiracy. She has the right/duty to administer punishment. She made a call that some would deem questionable BUT that call produced results and there is no telling how many other innocent lives were spared by the action she took.

Ultimately the decision of what will be the best defense for her.... IS hers. My vote is for the latter. Had Col. Jessup ruled under martial law he would have told Lt. Kaffee to shove his law book and degree up his posterior orifice, although he would do so in a cruder manner. I think Danica would do well to tell those at her "trial" to do the same. Martial Law is only declared when all other laws have failed and are not being obeyed. At that point the ONLY law, is the highest ranking officer, and their word is law. As she said herself when we saw her at the prison.... "It was obviously immoral. But I am not sure if it was illegal." When you are the one that holds the power to determine what IS law and what is not, you can get away with murder. Literally!

Just my .02 for what it's worth :D

keel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was unable to make the meeting, and it appears I missed quite a big one. In my experience, I must unfortunately acknowledge that Lady Amandine has been...not performing her best lately. This was most obvious to me at the bridge, when explosives were placed throughout Britain, that her personal trials had put the Crux leader under extreme stress, and this duress was certainly taking a severe toll. When a leader is quick to anger, so too are the followers, and this was clear as I was one of the very few voices of reason when the Crux were called upon by a distressed woman to choose the life of an innocent child or the integrity of the city. In my opinion, Lady Danica could benefit from some time with a healer...as for the rest of the Crux, well...I think that the glory is giving way to bloodlust.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was there the night we took Tresha to the prison, and as I remember she offered to go with us quietly. But, and I may be wrong, wasn't she guilty of at least plotting terrorist action? She was a known accomplice of Ol Pasty Face. And though we didn't catch her in the act, we did catch her disseminating materials that, during this period of unrest and martial order, would be deemed illegal. If Jimmy hadn't escaped, she would have had at our throats. Her release from prison seems unjustified.

As for the execution of Jimmy, it was honorable and just. He was a threat and a danger. He managed to flee the initial blood bath, but if captured would have easily seen the hangman's noose. When we found him by Compassion this second time he told us that we'd have to kill him. He actually balked at our numbers, and sent his henchman at us.

The information needed to capture Jimmy did come at a price. (personally: torture? Murder? What happened to good old legal gray-areas like extortion and bribery?) Jimmy also said that after Lady Amandine mutilated his accomplice he didn't honestly think that he had any chance at a fair trial. He was probably right, as was mentioned he was destined for the axe. The question I think people need to ask, is would this accomplice have faced the same fate in court? Was Jimmy implying that Reddish (is that his name) would have been held equally accountable? Could he, not necessarily Jimmy, have been the one to off her mentor?

In fact the Sword would not give in to an attack on Dupre (which would have been out of frustration and anger), and yet it can be assumed that it had given a thrashing to Reddish, and therefore her actions were justified. Dupre was calm and sincere, and to me, hoped that Amandine would do not what was right by her, but right for her. The ability to wield a weapon that insures your ultimate authority is a heavy burden. Additionally, Amandine has been targeted inside and outside of the Crux Ansata. The Crux are no longer purely committed to the crown. It would be wise, for us all, to have her life preserved for future leadership. I'm hoping that Dupre released Tresha to help ensure that Amandine would stay safe.

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
as for the rest of the Crux, well...I think that the glory is giving way to bloodlust.
I could not agree more Sir. When a leader gives unlawful and immoral orders those that are under the leaders command have the ability to ignore those orders. However when it comes to the Knights under her command it seems they fan the flames instead of quelling them. Bloodlust is the perfect description for what some of the Crux Knights suffer from.

The Crux are no longer purely committed to the crown. It would be wise, for us all, to have her life preserved for future leadership. I'm hoping that Dupre released Tresha to help ensure that Amadine would stay safe.
Some valid points. I do have two questions however. If Lord Dupre admits LadyAmandine was raised a knight and a knight is all she knows how to be. Then he goes on to say, nor could she ever be a politician. What type of leadership role would she be suited for in a the post Martial Law Britannia? Even if she is found not guilty, which would be a travesty in my opinion, should she not at least be stripped of her rank and title?

Precisely what legal authority does Dupre hold that allows him to do all this in the first place, besides being famous and knowing Lord British?
*gives a nod of approval and agreement*

If this is even really the true Lord Dupre.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some valid points. I do have two questions however. If Lord Dupre admits LadyAmandine was raised a knight and a knight is all she knows how to be. Then he goes on to say, nor could she ever be a politician. What type of leadership role would she be suited for in a the post Martial Law Britannia? Even if she is found not guilty, which would be a travesty in my opinion, should she not at least be stripped of her rank and title?
I take it this is what Dupre said at the meeting (I only got a chance to read the fiction). I'd agree that Lady Amandine is fit for the role of a military official, one that is capable of action. But given the type of action that is required of that position, and recent events, it's also apparent she can learn more from the world of handshake diplomacy. The leadership role I mentioned would be something akin to a reinstatement as a second in power, after Dupre. And if not found guilty, why should she be stripped of her title? Her powers will already be diminished after the police state in accordance with martial law.

Precisely what legal authority does Dupre hold that allows him to do all this in the first place, besides being famous and knowing Lord British?
I agree, this is an area I don't know enough about. This is what UOGuide has to say:
Dupre is an important NPC in the history of Ultima Online. He was a Paladin of the City of Trinsic and a close friend and ally of Lord British. He is usually portrayed in official fiction as leading the True Britannians Faction in Felucca, and is assumed to be serving on the Royal Council that rules Trammel in Lord British's stead.
From what I can tell the lineage of power goes something like this: British, Council (most of whom were massacred), Casca, and then Dawn. That means Dupre would still have rank over Amandine I would think.

Also, Dupre seems to have a quarrel with Exodus, as it is mentioned that he showed up last time to help fight.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't mean to reply to my own post, but Kinslayer suggested in the thread about capturing Jimmy that Dupre may have initially called the meeting. I had this thought as well. Some speculation: If Dupre did call the meeting, then the ramifications for Amandine are good. It would help explain why Amandine raised her sword against Dupre in the fiction. Perhaps Dupre meant to send her into a legal gray area in order to ensure her imprisonment, and thus her safety.

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I take it this is what Dupre said at the meeting (I only got a chance to read the fiction).
Yes, that was said during this past weekends emergency meeting at the Hall of the Silver Serpent.

And if not found guilty, why should she be stripped of her title? Her powers will already be diminished after the police state in accordance with martial law.
Primarily because there is a fundamental difference between innocent and simply not guilty. One can be truly guilty of an offense but found not guilty due to extenuating circumstances. You strike me as a reasonable person so I think we would both agree on that point. Seeing how horrific the murder of Reddish was, and some of the prior acts we here at HOAX have chronicled of Lady Amandine's tyrannical reign, surely one could successfully argue there is more than adequate proof of conduct which does not go hand in hand with leadership in any military role. Its for that reason I would say stripping her of her rank and title should be the least of her punishment.

Every generation has a hero, and a villain. Perhaps Lady Amandine is this generations Lord Blackthorn, time will tell.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I keep hearing statements like- Tyrannical reign, punnishment. immoral, muderous.... seems to me some of you have lived a sheltered life.
Have you even been out in the streets lately? I have to say im pleased to see the posts, and am smart enough to understand not everyone is going to be behind Lady Amandaine, but I also know unless you have been helping to quell the unrest or trying to feed the hungry or even seen in the streets on occasion lending a hand, then you have less of a right to pass judgement on an issue that extends farther then your backyard.

You go stand on the wall and protect the citizens of this fair land, say for even a month, then come back and tell us its a piece of cake and there are no grey areas or extenuating circumstances

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Primarily because there is a fundamental difference between innocent and simply not guilty.... Its for that reason I would say stripping her of her rank and title should be the least of her punishment.

Every generation has a hero, and a villain. Perhaps Lady Amandine is this generations Lord Blackthorn, time will tell.
Power can corrupt, we've seen it before. I know I'd be willing to test that sword she carries around myself. Even Lady Amandine knows she has overstepped her bounds. She can't walk away from this without reprimand. But I say, if she truly has strayed from the path of the virtues, we should let her prove that to us. Strip her title if the court decides it, she will still be a knight and she will continue to fight, so I contend that it should be for the Crown and not another force. It would still benefit the court to keep her close if she has fallen in to a darker place. And if she truly deserves the title, let her earn it back. It has already been mentioned by Dupre that the Crux Ansata might soon dissolve. If she's stripped of her title with the Crux, would she still be eligible for rank in a new order?

I think, and here friend is where we'll have to wait to agree, that the court testimony will determine if a discharge or demotion is even in order.

You go stand on the wall and protect the citizens of this fair land, say for even a month, then come back and tell us its a piece of cake and there are no grey areas or extenuating circumstances.
You're right of course, but those circumstances have yet to be given legal justification. We do know that during these times we have all been given additional power and the means to quell violence. And lethal force has been taken with justification. But we don't know what happened that particular night. She was placed under arrest with a royal warrant by Lord Dupre, who evidently knows more than us all. I think most of us wouldn't have given her tactics another thought, but he did. She's not just a petty soldier like myself, she's a leader both morally and militarily, and so her actions must have more weight than ours. If we must revisit this incident legally, than we should do so with the utmost scrutiny. Dupre's motives have yet to be guaranteed.

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
but I also know unless you have been helping to quell the unrest or trying to feed the hungry or even seen in the streets on occasion lending a hand, then you have less of a right to pass judgement on an issue that extends farther then your backyard.
*shakes head in a condescending manner*

I rarely freely hand over my gold without good reason. I do however help feed the hungry each and every pay cycle to all those I employ. I do my part when people pull their weight.

Have you even been out in the streets lately?
*develops a sly snarky smile*

Oddly enough I have been on the streets a fair amount working on an upcoming expose' for The Force. A few people even socialized with me some prior to one of Lady Amandine's warmongering events. I will agree fully there are severe problems out there. But as we will show, all is not as it seems.

I offer a sneak peek at that expose':

In one such outing I was traveling through Moonglow and ran across a charming lady named Roberta. She was out protesting that day. Talking about things such as there was little food to be had, and how she could not earn her keep. The strange thing is not more than a block away I ran into Whitney who wanted to tell people how they could earn some easy gold. As I continued on a block in the other direction I ran across Andre who also had an opportunity to make some gold.

The rest of the story in the coming week........ Upcoming Expose'.png

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*watches the discussion quietly between arrests*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Stripped of her rank and title even if she is found not guilty? Nah. She should be given a medal even if she is found guilty imho.

*looks closely at Faeryl's sig*

Told ya I don't speak French.......

*walks off assuming she is cussing at me on her sig and rofl at mosby comment still*

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks closely at Faeryl's sig*

Told ya I don't speak French.......

*walks off assuming she is cussing at me on her sig and rofl at mosby comment still*
Swing and a miss. It's not French. lol

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm failing to see how anyone here could even begin contemplating what punishment Lady Amandine deserves when we neither know which crimes, if any, the council will charge her with nor if she will even be found guilty.

I know that some probably won't like this... *glances at Queen Arya* but the only real way to ensure a fair trial is to put our loyalties aside for the time being and think rationally about the facts presented to us. It's imperative that we should gather as much information as possible before drawing any conclusions since *speaking more to Buck now* making assumptions and jumping to conclusions is detrimental to achieving true Justice.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Facts.... we need more facts.... O Bennu I believe this is where you come in;)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what facts do we have so far? Not assumptions, actual facts.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • We know who Lady Amandine used to be and how she used to react in certain situations, but we also know that merging her soul with Charlotte's drastically changed her personality and as a result how she would react in those same situations.
  • We know that Lady Amandine had been under severe stress trying to keep Britannia unified.
  • We know that on that night, she had just be informed of the murder of Lord Simeon, a close friend as well as the commandant of the Crux, at the hands of Nardello.
  • We know by her own admission that Lady Amandine questioned and killed Reddish, who we knew from a previous encounter had ties to Nardello.
  • We also know that upon her return, Lady Amandine ordered the Knights to execute Nardello without trial.
  • On a related note, Nardello had informed us that he would not have come quietly, and we would have ended up fighting him regardless.

I believe listing the facts we have will help us figure out in which areas we need more information. Anyone have anything else to add?

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Reddish COULD have pulled a blade first.
And Ancient Wyrms COULD fly out of Mongbat's butts, but they don't.

Should you be her prosecutor, leave the case there...
I am but a humble, common observer who occasionally tries to inform others when things go awry. I wish I possessed the legal knowledge and courtroom presence this case calls for. Whom ever prosecutes this case will no doubt have their hands full. It seems public sentiment is in polar opposition to the facts thus far.

• We know who Lady Amandine used to be and how she used to react in certain situations, but we also know that merging her soul with Charlotte's drastically changed her personality and as a result how she would react in those same situations

Sorry young one, but you and I disagree once again. This is merely an assumption. Lady Amandine could have been masking her real personality in order to lure you suckers.. *pauses to find a better word* Knight's into a false sense of security and earn your trust. Once she had that trust she simply went back to her real ways.

• We know that Lady Amandine had been under severe stress trying to keep Britannia unified
Once again, just an assumption. We have no idea if she was truly under severe stress. Just because Person A would feel stress under a certain situation does not mean Person B would.

On a related note, Nardello had informed us that he would not have come quietly, and we would have ended up fighting him regardless.
This one is a fact. However many people talk a good game but once force is put in font of them, and they see no escape, they cave. In my opinion even Nardello deserved to stand trial for the murders he was accused of. Just to play Devil's Advocate a moment if you will indulge me.....
Who is to say that Lady Amandine did not actually commit the atrocious murders Nardello stood accused of just to frame him. She did stand to gain more power with Lord Simeon out of the way did she not? What did Nardello stand to gain from his death?

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Fact... We are under marshall Law (for many months Dupre was no where to be found nor heard of)
Fact... it took what seemed like half an hour to recover my first body from Nardello's first attack.... he drew first blood
Fact...Tresha was there and connected with Nardello and paraphenilia showing terriorist activities were found amongst her
Fact.... The sword of Caliburn would not harm an innocent
Fact.. It has been written that Exodus has plans in place to take out both Lady Danica and Yusef (stress)
Fact...The towns people are rioting, trade routes are nearly non existant (stress)
Fact... Simeone Bennu was a dear friend to Lady Danica and killed by Nardello
Fact... Simeone was not the only persons Nardello murdered (the peppers found in the victims mouths)
Fact...Lady Danica is a target for both evil sources in and outside of the Crux

Questions I still have... Where was Reddish located at when Danica found him (possible clues there?)
Why has Lord Dupre only shown up now? Where was he in the beginning of all the unrest and troubles
What else can Tresha tell us-if we can in fact locate her-since Dupre took it upon himself to free her. she may have held the answers all along
Can Adamu shed any light on these matters? What of the Oroburos jewels
anyone else with outstanding questions?

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Faeryl didnt you say Nardello was at that Grub party?
I have a book written by a bondsman with additional info ( it has a 100k check with it)-but it made no sense at the time the player was blue and not yellow so I assumed it was some player doing their own take off of the Nardello murders
Does it warrant any further investigation? (books on my porch)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Good Lady is being railroaded! Lord Dupre has his own hidden agenda! If this farce of a trial goes forward there will be even more unrest and riots! I smell the hand of Exodus in this plot!

Free Danica! Free Danica! Free Danica!

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Where was Reddish located at when Danica found him (possible clues there?)
If I am not mistaken I think she ran across him at the Docks in Britain.

Fact.. It has been written that Exodus has plans in place to take out both Lady Danica and Yusef
Questions I still have...
Why has Lord Dupre only shown up now?
The Good Lady is being railroaded! Lord Dupre has his own hidden agenda! If this farce of a trial goes forward there will be even more unrest and riots! I smell the hand of Exodus in this plot!

*ponders all the above information*

Once again if you will allow me to play Devil's Advocate:

Unless I am again mistaken, which I am rarely if ever incorrect twice in such a short time span, the plot was to murder and replace high ranking individuals. It was to START with Lady Amandine and Professor Yusef. However it said nothing about limiting it to just those two individuals. What if your precious Lady Amandine was already murdered sometime ago by Exodus. And let's for arguments sake the "shift" in her personality that happened when her soul merged with her sisters, as the young one said earlier, was in actuality the Exodus double of Lady Amandine taking over. If that were the case, your rallying around her now could be you trying to save the evil, as you see it, Exodus double would it not?

Or what if your Lady Amandine is being framed? By someone who fell victim to Exodus and that double has just appeared for the first time in a long time. We all know a certain someone who had numerous victories over Exodus. What better revenge for Exodus than to slay that Lord in secret and make a double of him?

Think long and hard about where your loyalties are. Exodus has a well laid plan it seems. Without someone barking orders telling you who to be loyal too, maybe the confusion is too much for you Knights at this time. You may be better off abandoning all allegiances and make a shift towards the Exodus camp.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry young one, but you and I disagree once again. This is merely an assumption. Lady Amandine could have been masking her real personality in order to lure you suckers.. *pauses to find a better word* Knight's into a false sense of security and earn your trust. Once she had that trust she simply went back to her real ways.
You're the one making assumptions. Those of us who have been there since the Massacre on the Beach can vouch for her.

Once again, just an assumption. We have no idea if she was truly under severe stress. Just because Person A would feel stress under a certain situation does not mean Person B would.
So having civil unrest across the lands, being pretty much forced into declaring martial law, whispers of the cities fracturing, the murders of family and friends, and potential attempts on your life both from enemies and those you thought you could trust wouldn't stress you out? Give me a break.

This one is a fact. However many people talk a good game but once force is put in font of them, and they see no escape, they cave. In my opinion even Nardello deserved to stand trial for the murders he was accused of. Just to play Devil's Advocate a moment if you will indulge me.....
Who is to say that Lady Amandine did not actually commit the atrocious murders Nardello stood accused of just to frame him. She did stand to gain more power with Lord Simeon out of the way did she not? What did Nardello stand to gain from his death?
When confronted in the Compassion Desert, Jimmy Nardello informed us of two things. One, that he was not going to go quietly, as he had defeated us once and was confident he could best us again. Two, that he had committed the murders as he felt that the Ouroboros rings were too important to be left to chance and he felt that he himself should be the one to decide who they were to go to next.

If I am not mistaken I think she ran across him at the Docks in Britain.
The docks were Reddish's 'area' as it were, so that would be a likely place. I looked around but found no clues.

Once again if you will allow me to play Devil's Advocate:
Nothing's ever stopped you before.

Unless I am again mistaken, which I am rarely if ever incorrect twice in such a short time span, the plot was to murder and replace high ranking individuals. It was to START with Lady Amandine and Professor Yusef. However it said nothing about limiting it to just those two individuals. What if your precious Lady Amandine was already murdered sometime ago by Exodus. And let's for arguments sake the "shift" in her personality that happened when her soul merged with her sisters, as the young one said earlier, was in actuality the Exodus double of Lady Amandine taking over. If that were the case, your rallying around her now could be you trying to save the evil, as you see it, Exodus double would it not?
From looking at the book discovered by Professor Ad-Din and those who had accompanied him, it seems pretty clear that the dopplegangers hadn't yet made it past their initial newborn stage, meaning it would have been pointless to murder either Danica or the Professor as they wouldn't have been able to replace them yet.

Or what if your Lady Amandine is being framed? By someone who fell victim to Exodus and that double has just appeared for the first time in a long time. We all know a certain someone who had numerous victories over Exodus. What better revenge for Exodus than to slay that Lord in secret and make a double of him?
While that's a possibility, there is no evidence to support that theory right now.

Think long and hard about where your loyalties are. Exodus has a well laid plan it seems. Without someone barking orders telling you who to be loyal too, maybe the confusion is too much for you Knights at this time. You may be better off abandoning all allegiances and make a shift towards the Exodus camp.
Never in a million years would I even think of aligning myself with Exodus.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faeryl didnt you say Nardello was at that Grub party?
I have a book written by a bondsman with additional info ( it has a 100k check with it)-but it made no sense at the time the player was blue and not yellow so I assumed it was some player doing their own take off of the Nardello murders
Does it warrant any further investigation? (books on my porch)
I don't believe those sightings warrant any futher investigation, it wasn't the real Nardello, just someone having some fun.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
*looks to the Knight Major*

I am glad we have people like you and Queen to keep things straight. We simple minded folks would find ourselves starting to believe the lies of Buck. It looks like he is one of those "throw enough crap at the wall and some may eventually stick" type people. You both have my thanks personally.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just what exactly is the Ouroboros Family?