• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Defense of Lady Amandine

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats it, for now in game wise. You guys are a bit faster than I am it seems haha.

I have some Dupre stuff to work on, and seems like you guys want to get Adamu in game. Ill have to work on it.
Good know know. I've been sitting here at a loss for a couple hours now lol

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank goodness! I could use a break from all this reading! Learned alot about the game history tho.... seems we have been in this turmoil since the beginning- some of it is quit scary

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Britannia doesn't rightfully belong to Exodus. It never has... And it never will.
Sorry for the delay in a response but a few well deserved days on vacation were warranted. However, I was not inferring Britannia belonged to Exodus. The so called "gargoyle city" is what I was referring to. When Exodus struck to reclaim it they found all of you Crux type folks there and took you all for enemies due to the alliance with the Gargoyles during the Lightning War. Had all of you not been there Exodus may well have stopped their advances once they reclaimed the city that was once theirs. As it stands now Exodus may well want to claim the entire realm as theirs.

Jimmy was actually her step-son. When Lady Serian's husband died, his ring was, by blood, supposed to go to Jimmy. Her ring was to go to Mikhael when she passed.
I can almost imagine the crap fest Buck will try to make out of that.
*snickers slightly*

Not much of a "crap fest", simply laying out more facts. To me the situation you describe is even worse than what I have described earlier. Not only was Jimmy denied the ring/birthright, but he was denied that honor by someone who did not possess the rightful ability to bypass him. She was not his blood, therefore she had absolutely NO right to keep from him what was his. That further bolsters my earlier claims.

I have to disagree. I would tend to think his Mother saw something in the boy at an early age the made her think or know Jimmy was not worthy of such an honor. Our parents know us best as we grow from childhood to adult. The boy was probably bad at birth and his Mother noticed he would be a monster early on.

First, get your facts correct. As your fellow establishment "reporter" has said, she was his Step-Mother. While I will agree a Mother could possibly be able to tell something is wrong with their child early on, a Step-Mother would not. Most of them are too detached from their step child and if anything they see evil in them where none exists. Step Mothers by in large are evil.

*slinks away to read up on the recently discovered propaganda*

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kinslayer you were correct it was all crap!
Oily-what would you know about being a mother- step or otherwise
After spending a good portion of yesterday reading history and looking for additional in game clues, I am beginning to think its more then Nardello not receiving his birthright ring.
Oily go out to Cromwells estate in fel Nujelm-the room in the back left (bookcase on back wall) read the book written by Cromwell(Ourboros ring found there)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*snickers slightly*

Not much of a "crap fest", simply laying out more facts. To me the situation you describe is even worse than what I have described earlier. Not only was Jimmy denied the ring/birthright, but he was denied that honor by someone who did not possess the rightful ability to bypass him. She was not his blood, therefore she had absolutely NO right to keep from him what was his. That further bolsters my earlier claims.
I have to agree with Queen Arya in that I believe that this goes far beyond just having been denied his father's ring. I don't know exactly what it's about yet, but it doesn't seem right.

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
totally unrelated but i would like to apologize​
for my lack of attendance lately. i've been busy​
with school and i'm graduating high school today!​
expect me to be back in the loop, for i will (once again)​
become a UO addict this summer.​
:scholar:

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
totally unrelated but i would like to apologize​
for my lack of attendance lately. i've been busy​
with school and i'm graduating high school today!​
expect me to be back in the loop, for i will (once again)​
become a UO addict this summer.​
:scholar:
Congratulations Bon!

You've got some catching up to do ;)

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Gratz Bon!-Guess your gona want a gift now :}

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wow this has to be the longest post in history!

Where are we with the Ouroboros list?

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow this has to be the longest post in history!

Where are we with the Ouroboros list?
  • Adamu
  • Bennu
  • Lady Amandine
  • Mikhael
  • Lady Serian
  • Lord Simeon
  • Jordan Cromwell
  • Claudia Raym
  • Saul (Martoo?)
  • Body in Magincia (Unknown)

• Jerison (Verity?)
  • Desryn (Finth?)

I think that's all we have so far... I assume the Ouroboros in the Wisp dungeon is Martoo's.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Jordan Cromwell was on the seer list- Is this the direction we are looking in to find the remaining people on this list?

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jordan Cromwell was on the seer list- Is this the direction we are looking in to find the remaining people on this list?
I wouldn't put anything past Bennu, but that seems to be the direction we're heading. :)

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As a concerned citizen of Britannia, I wanted to inform the Crux Ansata that a person with the name Jimmy Nardello was looking for help to be released from a stockade that Dupre had supposedly placed him. He was desperate to receive help in escaping and was pleading for assistance. When I informed him that the Crux were looking for him and asked him where he was located, he became vague.

If he is dead; then, who is this person who claims to be Nardello?

I thought you should know of these events.

-SonodelOro
Citizen of Moonglow

First: thanks for setting this up, and for that great list of hints.

My main Crux event character is Casandra. I'm relatively new to RPing and I can only remember a few role calls, though I've been to a bunch of events on various characters since coming back to UO. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I technically qualify to call myself a Crux Knight. Hope I'm not meddling in other folks affairs.

Time to go look at that new fiction again.

I think this was at least the one main rule, Adamu says it twice: "the first born child. Always the first." This would mean that Danica's sister wouldn't hold a ring. But the others are possible.

We know from the report he handed them out when he donned the white cowl. Since he came into owning 25 rings (24 + his ring), my guess is he didn't inherit them. He was either given them, or created them. I just read this UO Stratics - Atlantic News to try and catch up (Second article, about the crowning/Adamu phase. Need to read more, anyone got links?) I was thinking that this happened shortly after he grew up, but this post feels like the end of an event arc. But: The key members of that arc probably have rings too.
I've looked into the fiction and I can only find stuff on Jordan Cromwell, nothing in the Herald to center me in the timeline though.

I'll add what I've got the think-tank. As Dupre is the champion of Honor, it seems that Jaana is the champion of Justice. This is from UOGuide:

The parallels to Amandine are there. Except it would seem Amandine didn't go the route of trying and then killing Nardello. She just killed him, jumping over the rest of the process. I have to think more on this.

In the much longer The Tale of Dupre and the Gargoyles - The Codex of Editable Wisdom, a Wikia wiki for Ultima and Ultima Online it's told of how Dupre trained his foes in the ways of combat to save his own skin, but in doing so was able to convince the Gargoyles he was fighting to join him in exchanging cultural ideas and pursuing a sense of Unity.

Some more notes of interest:
Trinsic is the town of Honor, Yew is the town of Justice. Dupre from Tinsic, Amandine from Yew.
Honor is from Truth and Love, Justice is from Truth and Courage.

More on Dupre, from the moment of his death: (from the Codex of Ultima Wisdom)

He was then resurrected. Could Dupre have been one of the original nobles Serian Married? My guess is no, since Bennu says it doesnt matter if he's got a ring, but I still think itd be cool :)

Agreed, but I think this goes with #1 and #2.

Agreed. And the Ourboros family, choosing not to redistribute their power, but let the rings fall where they may in a chaotic fashion. And was he behind the bombing of Blackthorn's Castle? That'd be all three modes of society: the good (crux), and the symbolic, and the bad.
By removing the pillars of society everything erupts into disorder. He capitalized on the peasants fears and helped drive them to riot. And most of all, he gave his life for the cause. It wracks the heart if you align with Nardello.

Some more thoughts:

The first note proves TT was the real head honcho behind this affair. She also moved the meetings to be closer to the Crux in Jhelom.
The third note, that Nardello has gone rogue, means that he diverged from the plans to bomb the city, which they talk about in the second image. (which, if I'm understanding this, could mean the ancient Yew at blighted grove. Everything about this plant is poisonous, explaining how Nardello seemed to have the ability to throw poison explosions. And fire could poison the air.) Where was that one taken again?
The note found in Trisha's Cell read "Compassion can cure more sins than condemnation." Did Dupre write this, or did Nardello? Same for the Frame of the Man. Dupre could have released Trisha the night we killed Nardello, I suppose she could have had time to talk to Jimmy before we arrived if Dupre had done it early enough.

But this got me:

This leads me to believe that she meant to intervene in the proceedings, explaining or divulging information about Nardello's plans, before Amandine ran off in anger and ran right up to a known criminal and killed him. It would seem then that Sherry, and Lady Amadine, were well aware of Nardello's group's plans well ahead of their happenings. But Nardello went off course.
So follow me, it's late this is probably crackpot. Tresha moved her operations to Jhelom. Jhelom probably had one of the highest arrest rates, and it was home to the Crux. It was a great place to hide from: in plain view. Britain was completely uncontrollable, but highly raided. They plan to sneak off one night and raid/cover Britain and the Crux show up, right on time. Tresha tells Jimmy to attack us. Jimmy escapes and Tresha gets caught. Jimmy kills members of the Ouroboros to embroil Amandine. Jimmy offers himself up because he was a coward and left his girl to be taken by the militia.
Goodnight guys :)

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When? Where?
There has been some blue player inpersonating Jimmy Nardello if this was a recent happening-could be someone un informed of this story arc and where it has gone

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When? Where?
There has been some blue player inpersonating Jimmy Nardello if this was a recent happening-could be someone un informed of this story arc and where it has gone
I don't know. But, I thought you'd want to know.

Also, btw, did you find the book outside in the Inn in Trinsic?

I should also answer your questions...

When? A few days ago. I keep asking if anyone's on Crux Ansata channel, but no replies.

It happened on General Chat. No idea if he was blue. I didn't know that people could take the name of characters already in the shard.

When I mentioned Crux Ansata, he acted the scared person...like he knew the story.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know. But, I thought you'd want to know.

Also, btw, did you find the book outside in the Inn in Trinsic?

I should also answer your questions...

When? A few days ago. I keep asking if anyone's on Crux Ansata channel, but no replies.

It happened on General Chat. No idea if he was blue. I didn't know that people could take the name of characters already in the shard.

When I mentioned Crux Ansata, he acted the scared person...like he knew the story.
Yes, the book outside the Trinsic Inn is part of the murder scene in the upstairs of the Inn.

I answered you earlier, but you must have already left the channel. I was only half paying attention as I was writing my report on the most recent event.

As we killed Nardello, I assume it was a player just having fun. I'm sure he knows at least a part of the story, not sure if he knows that he should be dead though. ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As we killed Nardello, I assume it was a player just having fun.
Not too sure about that here. With all the zombie like activity in RL (yeah, more news reports like that again today lol) maybe it's crossing over into UoVille too :eek:

*runs off to see if we REALLY survived the Zombie Apocalypse or if we are just at halftime*