• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you had to build a fighter for PvE...

R

Rocklin

and Champion Spawns, what would you build?

I am an old UO Vet that was handed a Keep full of armor and weapons for my old account. I want to build a fighter-type character, but I would like to make one that can actually perform well. I know about Chivalry, but nothing about Bushido.

If you had to start from scratch, what would you make?

Thank you for your time.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite spawning warrior is:
115 archery, 115 bushido, 115 tactics, 90 healing, 100 anatomy, 100 meditation, 85 chivalry.

If I were to change it, I'd put 120 in archery and bushido, 110 in tactics and change meditation to resist.

Archery is the best way to keep the tons of spell casting monsters away from you.

Another favorite that I don't use is:
120 swords (macing/fencing), 120 parry, 120 bushido, 100 tactics, 95 anatomy, 65 chivalry, 100 necromancy. Vamp form's life leech and honor keep you at full life most of the time so long as you aren't swarmed by the spellcasters. It's also possible (but harder) to do the same and replace necromancy with healing, but you'll need a lot of cure potions or orange petals to make that work. Poison kills you faster than anything else in the spawns when you rely on healing skill to heal.

The advantage with melee weapons is if you find the right weapon, the lower levels of the spawns fall quickly to your onslaught. With archery, you can stay out of range of the higher level spawns, you do more damage (especially to the champ) and you have more survivability.

R

Rocklin

Well Farsight,

I happen to have a 120 Archer...

120 Archery
110 Anatomy
110 Tactics
90 Focus
89.1 Healing
80 Chivalry

and spare change in Hiding and Resist (60ish each).

What does Bushido give me that Chivalry cannot? And thank you for the reply btw.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can easily use that spare change to put into bushido skill.

Bushido's advantages are in using perfection, which gives extra damage for each consecutive hit and regeneration of hit points, mana and stamina for each successful kill. As an archer, you won't be using much momentum strike and you won't use evasion (needs parry to succeed), but you can get a lot of use out of lightning strike (double damage every successful strike and increased hit chance) and confidence (increased hit point regeneration for a short time or until you take damage).

Chivalry's advantages are in use of Enemy of One for 50% extra damage, divine fury to increase your swing speed and damage outputs, consecrate weapon for hitting the lowest resist on your opponent (who thought about having a cold-based undead slayer anyway?) and for the easy travel options.

Apart, they're both very effective in increasing your damage output, but together...

An example, I use a physical damage bow against a hiryu (doing Tokuno spawn) and hit it for 15 damage a shot. At that rate, I'll never kill enough to finish the level in time unless a lot of other people are helping me. But if I honor the hiryu, case enemy of one against the hiryu, and cast consecrate weapon, then I'm attacking it's pathetically low cold resist, I'm doing 50% extra damage, and each hit is harder than the last. Suddenly I'm hitting it for 80-100 damage with each successful lightning strike doing 160-180 damage. And with every successful kill, there's no recovery time before I can head to the next enemy. The previously impossible task is now relatively simple (as long as I can avoid being attacked by hiryu and oni at the same time).

C

Connor_Graham

Well Farsight,

I happen to have a 120 Archer...

120 Archery
110 Anatomy
110 Tactics
90 Focus
89.1 Healing
80 Chivalry

and spare change in Hiding and Resist (60ish each).

What does Bushido give me that Chivalry cannot? And thank you for the reply btw.
To add on to what Farsight said, I'd make the following changes in your archer's template:

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Healing
95 Anatomy
90 Resist
75 Chiv

Focus is a useless skill now, so you'd be best to get rid of it and add Bushido, along with moving some points around to maximize your damage output with Tactics and defensive abilities with Resist.

T

Turdnugget

The PvE masters have spoken...

Chiv/Bush archer or Sampire is the way to go for optimal killing/surviving.

You can spawn w/a regular dexer just as easy, but not nearly as effective.

The finer points of both templates have been pointed out. Bushido is a must if you want to deal MASS damage. Crit hitting with a bow for 100+, depending on the bow/setup, upwards to 250+ a shot... imagine that. It's great seeing chunks of HP fall from a champion and not just slowly dwindling down.

Go with your archer, since you've already got em' pretty much set to the standard bush/chiv/archer template. Find a good magical shortbow (chain lightning special is your friend) and another good damager (slayer bow, heavy hitter + fast etc) and you're set.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The nice thing about a bushido archer template as well, is you can pretty much negate a ton of damage if you know what you're doing. Between chivalry, bandages, close wounds, and an ecru ring you have 4 different ways of healing. And, not at the cost of it being detrimental to your template.

Unlike Farsight mentioned...personal preference here really, but while an archer isn't a tank of course, momentum strike is quite good for clearing out a crowd quickly.

Yes you won't put yourself in the thick of a crowd, but you can sit on a perimeter and momentum strike mobs that close in on you. The move is handy since you can use it almost repetitively with the low MP cost and you receive a significant damage bonus to the nearby enemy when you kill your targeted opponent.

Momentum strike though is best for the lower tiered spawns. Once you hit the last tier, you will have to maintain your distance. It is more of a dexxer-type move, but...it does have its uses in archery.

Additionally, I recommend working honor and setting up an honor macro. Especially with an archer, where anything that targets you, you are going to innately attack it (depending how your targeting system is setup).

Other than that, you just need some descent bows to round out your setup.

1. Slayer for EVERY single major monster you will face. Eventually, you should strive for each major slayer type: reptile, undead, daemon, elemental, arachnid, and respond. Might of missed one right off, I'm not sure. In any event, a descent bow of all of the above mentioned. I would not count on the new undead talisman, as setup and what you fight should dictate the equipment you use. Not a cookie cutter setup that won't ever change...lol, unless it is solid I suppose.

You will already know what spawn you will do. That will dictate what bow you bring. Double damage is free and easy.

2. Good mana/stamina leech bow with descent SSI. It is nice to have in addition to using honor.

T

Turdnugget

You forgot Confidence as a healing method with bushido =)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol hmmm. Indeed I did! I guess I was thinking it in my head but not putting it down on paper. Oh well, what else is new. :hahaha:

Okay, all told then > 5 Healing methods you could possibly have and not cut into the effectiveness of your template :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I had to build a fighter for PvE ... I'd probably be playing WOW.

This is UO, it's PvM.

B

Brian Bóruma

I just finished Brian Boru on LS and his template is

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Focus
100 Healing
80 Resist
80 Chiv

With a 720 skill cap

I can run many things with this template PvM champs and PvP if I chose. I often wonder if I really need GM focus and have felt like I want to invest 40 points in resist and maybe take healing to 120. But with the anatomy at 120 and GM healing with enhanced band aids I can heal oll my HP's in one shot.

What are all your thoughts on Focus its one of the easiest skills to gain (just run around you'll GM it in less than a hour) I like the Stam regen and I use a mana leaching composite bow.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would add another 20 points to resist to bring it up to 100, then change the 80 remaining points of focus into meditation. If you're using Chivalry then Divine Fury will cancel out the need for any stam regen while meditation gives increased mana regen.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just finished Brian Boru on LS and his template is

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Focus
100 Healing
80 Resist
80 Chiv

With a 720 skill cap

I can run many things with this template PvM champs and PvP if I chose. I often wonder if I really need GM focus and have felt like I want to invest 40 points in resist and maybe take healing to 120. But with the anatomy at 120 and GM healing with enhanced band aids I can heal oll my HP's in one shot.

What are all your thoughts on Focus its one of the easiest skills to gain (just run around you'll GM it in less than a hour) I like the Stam regen and I use a mana leaching composite bow.
I have to agree with Risso, except that really I don't even bother with meditation OR focus especially. You can equip stamina regen on your armor if getting stamina back is your concern. I have to say though, you shouldn't be tanking much of anything anyways, so your stamina should stay pretty high.

You can use divine fury like Risso already said. Yeah you suffer a penalty for a short period of time but you shouldn't be sustaining any physical blows...so thats fine then.

You can easily have 120 in all areas and you're set for PvM and PvP. It's not the same as an ABC archer, but its almost as effective. Some pretty outstanding bows are needed. PvM I would concentrate on bows where you can leech back stamina and mana.

I just can't stress enough how important mana based bows are. You can do way more than your average archer having good bows that have that stat on them. Yeah you COULD have focus or meditation...but really...it's not needed.

An adjustment on your weaponry would be needed however. If that is a difficult change, I would go with meditation.

R

rwek

why not dump the the resist for bushido and get a few jewels to hit 120 bush.

you have remove curse, carry a box for paralize.

S

Sysaro Rakshasa

I am trying to work on a Dexxer template. I have read a ton of posts and so far the re-occuring themes I have seen are Bushido, Chivalry and Necro. This is what I currently have:

100 Fencing
100 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Resist Spells
100 Healing
100 Fishing

This is my pirate so I would like to keep fishing, but I can easily drop that on a Soulstone. Most of the time I play solo, sometimes a few friends jump on but rarely. I would like to be able to PvM mostly as I really SUCK at PvP.

I am thinking I would like to change my Fencing to Swords (2H Parry instead of a shield). I would also like to add Bushido, Chivalry and Necro but I don't know how many points to put in each. Also, what Power Scrolls should I look for, and what should my STR, DEX, INT be at.

Im thinking something like:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
80 Chivalry
80 Necro

Please Help, thanks

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im thinking something like:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
80 Chivalry
80 Necro

Please Help, thanks
You pretty much have the basic sampire template there, but Necro should be 100 and Chivalry at 60 :)

S

Sysaro Rakshasa

Oh really? I dont even know what Sampire means. LOL. I have also noticed that alot of people arent using Anatomy anymore, they are replacing it with Resist or Spirit Speak. What is your take on that.

What should my STR / DEX / INT be at?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sampire mean Samurai vampire.
Vampire have life leech hit damage of 20%,so they dont need healing skill.
They heal chiv heal(close wounds) and bushido heal(confidence).
They need heal a few time.

My sampire is for spawn.
120 Mace fighting
120 Bushido
120 Resisting spell
120 Tactics
99 Necromancy
75 Chivalry
66 Parry

Stats(Str/Dex/Int)
107/123/25
with armor
118/150/30(Hit point 127/stamina 182/mana 58)

I can fight spawn's boss.
Neither 120 paryy nor 66 Parry have the so many differences.
However, this difference is great for Paragon Greater Dragon and Paragon Anciect Dragon.
But you use feint,you can fighting.

S

Sysaro Rakshasa

Thats awesome thanks. That's what I want to be able to do is fight on my own in case my buddies aren't able to play. Thanks again.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I choice human,so I cast curse weapon for about 7sec.
Human have all skill 20.
But I hardly curse weapon for usually spawn.
I cast curse weapon once for Abyssal Infernal and Primeal lich spawn.

It is not important.

If you choice elf and you want cast curse weapon,I think 20 spritspeak enough.
If you choice human,you don't need spritspeak.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystic archer. I can plow through a champ span on my char and handle most other bosses (styg drag is brutal)

Mysticism 120 (30 from Jewels)
Focus 120 (30 from Jewels)
Archery 120 (20 from Hunters Head Dress)
Anatomy 90
Tactics 120
Healing 90 (10 from Stitchers Mittens)
Chivalry 70
Bushido 80 (just for perfection, lightning strike, confidence,) Can lower tactics to 100 and raise Bush to 100.