• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

idocs

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
can anyone tell me how people can get in idoc private houses? I thought they stopped it. ty

there was 2 people inside. when a place goes idoc all friends and co owners are removed. no one is supposed to be able to go in. paged gm to find out whats up but still no response.

devs come by to see exploit or bug whats ever. gm not showing up

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have not idoc'ed in years... in the past you could ghost through the doors, but pretty sure they stopped that.. I also used to use circle of transparency to get an idea of what is in the place. Not everything showed that way but some stuff did.

*edit*

if folks are still getting in they could possibly be on the friends list of the house *shrugs*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have not idoc'ed in years... in the past you could ghost through the doors, but pretty sure they stopped that.. I also used to use circle of transparency to get an idea of what is in the place. Not everything showed that way but some stuff did.

*edit*

if folks are still getting in they could possibly be on the friends list of the house *shrugs*
The only way they can do that is if the owner got on and refriended them since the lists are supposedly cleared when the building goes IDOC. Otherwise there is an exploit of some kind as no one should have access to the house.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the house is private to begin with the access list is not cleared when it enters decay. The access is only cleared for public houses when the enter decay. Has always been this way .

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can anyone tell me how people can get in idoc private houses? I thought they stopped it. ty

there was 2 people inside. when a place goes idoc all friends and co owners are removed. no one is supposed to be able to go in. paged gm to find out whats up but still no response.

If there were a way, it would be an exploit, and asking how to do it would be a poor choice.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make the condition of the house only visible after you double click the sign, that'll fix a lot of the problems with IDOCS ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Make the condition of the house only visible after you double click the sign, that'll fix a lot of the problems with IDOCS ;)
No they would only add a script to their script to double click the signs as they go by... wouldn't change a thing.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If the house is private to begin with the access list is not cleared when it enters decay. The access is only cleared for public houses when the enter decay. Has always been this way .
thanks for info. I must of missed the part if private to begin with, the access list does not get removed so friends can script loot lol. thanks again lol

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I serously doubt it wil make any differnce if someone is inside a idoc house and someone is outside a idoc house...because when it falls after the crazy 5-10-15 hour wait.... if the scripters are there running there auto loot scripts then u aint gonna see any of the good stuff hit the floor anyways even if u have pinned your eyes open and overdosed on caffine while u wait.....

New style Idocs are a bad system changed from a perfectly good system when nothing was broken/wrong......crazy....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
New style Idocs are a bad system changed from a perfectly good system when nothing was broken/wrong......crazy....
Did my first one back the other day and... these "Grubbers"?? I mean seriously? wth? Timers are bad enough but then those little rascals snatching stuff up to? smh bad ideas all around on it imho

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was this one of the IDOC thieves? cuz his name rhymes with loot hehe :p

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Idocs are for jobless people, i never figured out why the idoc system isnt accurate till today... The devs can add a timer on house signs if they wanted, which would create action in fel, and less time to waste standing in front of a house never knowing when its gona fall

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The timers were changed to help aid the scripters, since for the most part they are the only ones that can stand there for 15 hours. I used to laugh at the conspiracy theorists, but a lot of the changes made lately to a lot of things are beginning to make me reconsider.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timers were changed to help aid the scripters, since for the most part they are the only ones that can stand there for 15 hours. I used to laugh at the conspiracy theorists, but a lot of the changes made lately to a lot of things are beginning to make me reconsider.
But they are not standing there...15 hours .. they run a '''AFK'' placement/ loot script... hence... win win for scripter as no-one else will bother hanging around that long anyways..maybe a read this wrong?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well okay, to make it clear...the scripters char and script can stand there for the 15 hours. Thats why it benefits them and only them, they are the only ones that can do that, the rest have to work, sleep, etc etc.
Therefore it HAD to be done to benefit the scripters, since they are the only ones who can possible benefit from a longer/randomer timer.

Same with the ore and lumber, no matter what anyone else says

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well okay, to make it clear...the scripters char and script can stand there for the 15 hours. Thats why it benefits them and only them, they are the only ones that can do that, the rest have to work, sleep, etc etc.
Therefore it HAD to be done to benefit the scripters, since they are the only ones who can possible benefit from a longer/randomer timer.

Same with the ore and lumber, no matter what anyone else says

The ore and logs were just blatant catering to the scripters. If one was recalling to tram spot, just drop a crate on their recall spot, better yet find a scripter house and drop crates all over around their porch. If you found them in fel just kill them. Ore and logs might have been originally intended to change but the fact that it didn't was probably the best anti scripter measure in the game.......... Until they fixed it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when they made the change to the ore/lumber they said it was because it was never meant to be that way in the first place, so they where in fact fixing a bug.
a bug that was in game for 15 years, but a bug non the less.

personally i hate the change.
if you go through all the trouble of lumberjack every tree on your server you should be able to know where the good ones are.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when they made the change to the ore/lumber they said it was because it was never meant to be that way in the first place, so they where in fact fixing a bug.

if you go through all the trouble of lumberjack every tree on your server you should be able to know where the good ones are.
Oh not arguing it was not a bug, but it was actually a good bug. My point is simply that by fixing that particular bug it became something not worthwhile for the non scripter player to do. I still mine for iron and LJ for lumber to keep my ship repaired so I can farm Verite and Valorite from merch ships and get more of those ores being a pirate in 2 hours than I can in two weeks of actual mining and not lose half the ignots due to failed smelting.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

After that long it was a feature, not a bug. LOL Seems they spend too much time fixing harmless bugs (remember the endless wave-water pitcher fiasco??? still torched about that one!) and not enough time taking care of things that actually DO impact gameplay in a negative way.

MattD

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just returned and figured IDOCS may be a good way to get some replacement stuff back from when mine fell. Is the 5,10,15 timer exact when it is IDOC? Does it fall at exactly 5, 10, or 15 hours from when it hits this stage? Thanks in advance.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With ore they should just create an area with all types of ore elementals. You have dc shadow and gold elementals. Why not add the others somewhere.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T he last 5 idocs I watched fell at 15 hours and that was 2 am for me. I was not present. Then a fel keep falls at 7-8 pm! :(
MattD if you can see when house turns from greatly to idoc count 5, 10 , 15 from that. Hope for best... :)

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idocs are for jobless people, i never figured out why the idoc system isnt accurate till today... The devs can add a timer on house signs if they wanted, which would create action in fel, and less time to waste standing in front of a house never knowing when its gona fall
NOW they are for unemployed people. They didn't used to be. I used to work and IDOC just fine until the last big changes. Now I hardly play.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could be that the house is condemned and decaying due to the owner placing another house. Upon condemnation, I suspect that the owner can simply re-add people to the list.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Advisers on many shards are putting their looters into idocs. I dont know how many times i have to report this for it to get noticed and solved... but yeah your favorite idocers are typically advisers on multiple shards...

You may call me a "consipiracy" theorist... but its sad how many changes mesanna has made that coincidentally benefit certain people.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Advisers on many shards are putting their looters into idocs. I dont know how many times i have to report this for it to get noticed and solved... but yeah your favorite idocers are typically advisers on multiple shards...

You may call me a "consipiracy" theorist... but its sad how many changes mesanna has made that coincidentally benefit certain people.
Advisors are not allowed to play on the same shard. Don't how many of them are committed though...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Advisors are not allowed to play on the same shard. Don't how many of them are committed though...
Doesn't matter you have any idea how many people play multiple shards? Just because you don't have a house on a shard doesn't mean anything anymore... with shard shields and everything else these people could say they lived just about anywhere and still would be playing and having characters on multiple shards.

And for once and this is a very scary concept for me I actually agree with Scribbles.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just returned and figured IDOCS may be a good way to get some replacement stuff back from when mine fell. Is the 5,10,15 timer exact when it is IDOC? Does it fall at exactly 5, 10, or 15 hours from when it hits this stage? Thanks in advance.
Matt, add about 20-25 minutes if a server down has occurred in between. So if you see it turn at 5:00 a.m., first time period would be 10:00 a.m. plus 20-25 minutes server down time.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Devs can track their IPs if they want, i wouldn't do it tbh. But i get what u mean
They maybe can see your public IP.
That alone means nothing as in certaim Networks lots of people could have the same public IP...

Also a virtual server hosted somwhere costs a few Bucks a month. Job done....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Idocs completely suck now.

I'm in favor to removing all timers and just have everything in it deleted.

I'm in favor of putting it back like it used to be, and quit changing **** around that isn't broken. If the devs are having to look for "busy work" to keep themselves occupied I am sure we can come up with a list of things they can do.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm in favor of putting it back like it used to be, and quit changing **** around that isn't broken. If the devs are having to look for "busy work" to keep themselves occupied I am sure we can come up with a list of things they can do.
The revert to Idocs clearly isn't going to happen. Especially after all the threads etc about it.

This in mind there is no use keeping a system that only benefits scripters.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hear there is a new suspense movie coming out about this very topic.

The tag line reads:
Devs make changes to benefit scripters... Collusion or Conspiracy Theory... YOU DECIDE!
Coming SOON

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The revert to Idocs clearly isn't going to happen. Especially after all the threads etc about it.

This in mind there is no use keeping a system that only benefits scripters.

No? I remember Mesanna saying many times that a runebook revert wasn't gonna happen. Now they have said it will.

Just like with any business or politics, Everyone should keep the subject on the front page, keep MEsanna's email inbox and PM inbox here full requesting it. Pissing and moaning wont get it done, remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Until there is a loud uproar and consistent uproar for no matter how long it takes, it will not get changed.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No? I remember Mesanna saying many times that a runebook revert wasn't gonna happen. Now they have said it will.

Just like with any business or politics, Everyone should keep the subject on the front page, keep MEsanna's email inbox and PM inbox here full requesting it. Pissing and moaning wont get it done, remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Until there is a loud uproar and consistent uproar for no matter how long it takes, it will not get changed.
Feel free to compare rune books vs. Idocs and get back me.

But good luck!

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDOCS have always been a greasy topic. They should go away period, no one should benefit from a leaving customer. Idocs are A poor Way to encourage a slowly dying community.

A "snap shot" of an accounts possessions should be recorded when an account is closed so that they can be recovered if the player wants to return. The rest gets deleted. Account copy"character copy" same concept.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDOCS have always been a greasy topic. They should go away period, no one should benefit from a leaving customer. Idocs are A poor Way to encourage a slowly dying community.
IDOC hunting has been around for a very very long time. Even at the height of the game when there were too many people. It seems like now many are only taking issue with it due to the fact that the game has declined severely and the people are no longer plentiful. All of the people who's houses fall already quit 3 months prior, they don't care anymore.

If you have a game system that people play for over a decade and have fun doing then you take it away from them then you find yourself with even more customers leaving. Keep in mind the IDOC system costs NOTHING to have around in the functional way like it was for years providing entertainment for many players and many playstyles. Ultima Online stumbled on an activity that people had fun doing by ACCIDENT. It was a system to clear out unused houses that turned into the best mini game ever. People saying "Do away with X, because I don't like doing it, so I don't think they should be allowed to either." is exactly the attitude that has lead to empty servers.

You won't let me play with my ball because you don't like that sport? Fine. I'll go play somewhere else.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I hunted Idocs for years and enjoyed it very much despite the scripters. Seeing one always told me I was on the right track and a drop was very soon. :)

Have not idoc hunted lately as the system is well,

Poor

Please revert it back to the old system the changes have made it rather difficult for the average player.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
IDOC hunting has been around for a very very long time. Even at the height of the game when there were too many people. It seems like now many are only taking issue with it due to the fact that the game has declined severely and the people are no longer plentiful. All of the people who's houses fall already quit 3 months prior, they don't care anymore.

If you have a game system that people play for over a decade and have fun doing then you take it away from them then you find yourself with even more customers leaving. Keep in mind the IDOC system costs NOTHING to have around in the functional way like it was for years providing entertainment for many players and many playstyles. Ultima Online stumbled on an activity that people had fun doing by ACCIDENT. It was a system to clear out unused houses that turned into the best mini game ever. People saying "Do away with X, because I don't like doing it, so I don't think they should be allowed to either." is exactly the attitude that has lead to empty servers.

You won't let me play with my ball because you don't like that sport? Fine. I'll go play somewhere else.
They already did this by turning it into a 15 hour event.

So yes I do think they should remove it since they removed it
as an option for most players.

The "screw you it doesn't affect me" mentality is what leads to empty shards.

I fail to see how this system should be whittled down to benefit only the unemployed and scripters of UO.

Feel free to take your ball elsewhere.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feel free to compare rune books vs. Idocs and get back me.

But good luck!
The comparison is there--if you look.

Runebooks got changed without anyone wanting a change--

IDOCs got changed without anyone wanting a change--

Am I the only one that can see a similarity here?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My point was, IDOC'ers are fewer in number than players who use runebooks :p

Therefore the outcry about it was not as great as with the runebooks, everyone who ever enjoyed IDOC'ing needs to keep the heat on about this, same as the runebook haters did.

Fairly simple, eh?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Throws another log on the fire*

"Hmm"

*Throws several more logs on the fire*

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The comparison is there--if you look.

Runebooks got changed without anyone wanting a change--

IDOCs got changed without anyone wanting a change--

Am I the only one that can see a similarity here?
Sorry you're not going to get off that easy.

You need to support what you're saying.

You're talking a vague graphic change opposed to a housing system.

Try again.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fill in the blank:

_____________ were changed in an unwanted manner. Players didn't like the change, it made playing UO unappealing instead of fun. The Devs said the changes to ____________ were going to stay. The players continued to voice displeasure over the changes. The Devs rethink their stance due to player outcry and are going to revert the changes to ___________.

a) Sheep
b) Runebooks
c) IDOCs

:)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's right, in spite of what anyone says, lol. Sheep got returned, runebooks are on the way.
IDOCs need to maintain a strong level of unrest and, for lack of a better term, pancakes. Then maybe they will get reverted as well.

I'm tired, Oreo, I don't know what you are on about. We are talking about changes to OUR game that we dont want. Doesnt matter if its housing, spellbooks, they gave us too many fingers on the right hand, or whatever.

Unwanted change is unwanted change, regardless of the system it involves. I have no idea what you want me to say...so I'll be done here now.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Idocs should just fall. Work on the notification side. Broadsword should do it's best at notifying the paying customer... Then the house should just fall.

No notification, no stages... just fall.