• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idoc Auction Idea (Forgive me if this has been brought up already)

Would you be in favor of IDOCS being used as a gold sink (small homes bid and large homes auctioned)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but you have no idea

it is not a playstyle to you , because you don't do them, "here and there" DOES NOT qualify, just because you don;t like "sitting around" you want a free dinner table, like everything in this game you need to learn and get better, unless you want o go to the guantlet and have the DF waiting for you with an orny on an outstretched paw?

when you have done 1200+ idoc like myself for example then you are worth listening to in this topic, you have no idea and i fear that some people and maybe even the DEV's will listen to this rubbish, you obviouslt don;t like idocs, or more probable get sod all from them and its toy throwing time, or green eyed monster time, lets mess it up for others
my advice, give up idocs, anyone what has done many, and enjoy the rush and exploring will close ranks here, as i have seen for years to protect thier gamestyle

Like i say, if you sit around for hours on ends, like i see with so many other players, means you have much to learn
I find it so pathetic that a player that does idocs here or there and does not understand of want to give it time thinks its acceptable to change it all to suit

GO DO SOMETHING ELSE
Ok so because I dont focus on one thing in the game I cant speak on anything ? I do them here and there because they get pretty boring after a couple.. I can actually get the same enjoyment from killing mobs and actually feel like I am doing something

1200 huh man thats a lot of IDOCs you could be considered an expert on em I bet ...So you could probably answer some questions that nobody seems to be answering

What makes IDOCs right ? It has been said many times in this thread IDOCs are fine so please tell me what makes them so fine the idea that IDOCs cant be touched exist

What makes IDOCS "clever scavenging" ? That also has been said in this thread

Exploring and the rush ? Please do sir touch further base on this I would so love to understand your opinion even though I do not agree with it

So many players ? Lets be honest here very few of the population do IDOCs well because they find them to be very boring in their current state ...I am sure considering you have done 1200 you have found as I have with doing here and there that its always the same 10-12 people at em hopping from shard to shard doing them ... Even when a castle or a rares museum drops maybe field 20-30 at em and I would bet thats due to trial accounts doing that old cheating that happens a lot at IDOCs

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thread of the year IMO. 3 pages of 20 people trying to explain to 1 guy what every player in the game has known for over a decade. We need more of these.
Why Gospel we both know why dont we ... Its the 20 people who enjoy doing nothing at IDOCs protecting their easy gold mine

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or stick with the current 2 people arguing back and forth off topic without even actually addressing each others comments and one actually just posting the same reply over, and over, and over.....

yeah, this has turned into one productive thread.....:coco:
When people such as yourself express your opinion without this "directness" "rudeness" and also can state their opinion and move on without repeating it 20 times then they deserve to be responded to ...

Again I have respect for everyones opinion to each their own and we can disagree without name calling and puffing up because we have a keyboard as a shield

To you and the others like you who can maintain a respectful conversation even though you dont agree my hat goes off to you and also my thx for sharing your opinion and adding to the conversation

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a thread about one guy who came back to UO in Sept of this year and is trying to find the easy button for everything while not taking into account all the effort that everyone else has put into the game.

Who cares if you think it's a easy gold mine, go do it yourself if it is so easy and stop trying to shaft those that do the "work".

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a thread about one guy who came back to UO in Sept of this year and is trying to find the easy button for everything while not taking into account all the effort that everyone else has put into the game.

Who cares if you think it's a easy gold mine, go do it yourself if it is so easy and stop trying to shaft those that do the "work".
Please explain to me what the "work" involves

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also there are other ideas in this thread that are pretty good ... Does it have to be my idea nope not at all but something needs to change with IDOCs

As everyone has pointed out ideas to change IDOCs have been around for years ... Lets be real we cant go by the vote alone considering there are quite a few very passionate people trying to shut down this idea and any idea to change IDOCs that more then likely getting their "friends" to come vote it down ..... I quite frankly will not be satisfied until they put a gump in game when you log in asking leave IDOCs alone, Change IDOCs and for all the people saying this gives new players a chance to get a foothold Do You Even Know What IDOCs Are ... I would wager a lot of clicks on not knowing what they are would happen

If the idea is so bad then why not voice your opinion and move on and let the bad idea kill itself along with your opinion and quit attempting to get the thread closed just so the gold mine is not touched

Also if you have such a strong opinion then please take the time to explain your opinion instead of just saying cuz you say so

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please explain to me how since day one of this game houses have randomly fallen if the owner did not provide upkeep to them(either in the form of openening a door or paying for the account) and people have looked for these in order to reap the rewards. They gave the time and effort to find these plots hence the "work" involved. If you wish to have the same go find them.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no need to change IDOC's, as virtually everyone in this thread has pointed out to you. Where is the work you ask...lets see. You need to spend 1-2 hours per day combing all the facets to locate them. You then need spend time getting their timers in order, and heaven forbid the OSI owned houses that put a funk in the cycle. You then have to "camp" it to some degree, spending YOUR game time that you could spend doing something else, in the hope that when it goes you don't wind up with a chest full of useless items. It's a gamble, and that's where the thrill is involved, as someone mentioned earlier. No different that shooting craps, playing poker or blackjack. Most IDOC's yield a bunch of crap. If it's in Fel, it's also a matter of trying to stay alive long enough to get ANY loot lol. It IS a playstyle that a dedicated few do very well. It's THEIR way to play the game, but you decide you don't like it and it needs changing. Most people posting here (AND voting) disagree.

Instead, you want to make it a bidding war, which will exclude a good segment of the UO population. You keep speaking of gold sinks as if EVERY player in UO is hording tens or hundreds of billions in gold. In fact, many (most) do not. I regularly play with a couple people who couldn't scrape together 5M gold on any shard they play, and yet they play the game doing their thing and have a great time. They couldn't care less about the gold. At least one of them does IDOC's regularly, when he can, when real life doesn't interfere. When he gets loot, he invariably trades for items he deems more valuable to him or gives them to less fortunate. But your "idea" will exclude him since he'll never win a bidding war. As someone pointed out above, your idea makes the "rich" richer, and excludes a large portion of the dwindling population from participating. But it makes it better to YOU, because now you'll be able to bid it away from others who play the IDOC game better than you do. It's a bad idea, and will alienate many. Can I make it any clearer?

Your idea is BAD, and overall a total FAIL.

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no need to change IDOC's, as virtually everyone in this thread has pointed out to you. Where is the work you ask...lets see. You need to spend 1-2 hours per day combing all the facets to locate them. You then need spend time getting their timers in order, and heaven forbid the OSI owned houses that put a funk in the cycle. You then have to "camp" it to some degree, spending YOUR game time that you could spend doing something else, in the hope that when it goes you don't wind up with a chest full of useless items. It's a gamble, and that's where the thrill is involved, as someone mentioned earlier. No different that shooting craps, playing poker or blackjack. Most IDOC's yield a bunch of crap. If it's in Fel, it's also a matter of trying to stay alive long enough to get ANY loot lol. It IS a playstyle that a dedicated few do very well. It's THEIR way to play the game, but you decide you don't like it and it needs changing. Most people posting here (AND voting) disagree.

Instead, you want to make it a bidding war, which will exclude a good segment of the UO population. You keep speaking of gold sinks as if EVERY player in UO is hording tens or hundreds of billions in gold. In fact, many (most) do not. I regularly play with a couple people who couldn't scrape together 5M gold on any shard they play, and yet they play the game doing their thing and have a great time. They couldn't care less about the gold. At least one of them does IDOC's regularly, when he can, when real life doesn't interfere. When he gets loot, he invariably trades for items he deems more valuable to him or gives them to less fortunate. But your "idea" will exclude him since he'll never win a bidding war. As someone pointed out above, your idea makes the "rich" richer, and excludes a large portion of the dwindling population from participating. But it makes it better to YOU, because now you'll be able to bid it away from others who play the IDOC game better than you do. It's a bad idea, and will alienate many. Can I make it any clearer?

Your idea is BAD, and overall a total FAIL.
Ok so you dont like my idea there were other ideas in this thread as changes to IDOCs do you care to touch base on those that do not involve auctioning off the stuff

And again its your opinion and I respect that

Last edited:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please read the first post of my response again. If necessary, read it a second time. Thanks.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh. I didn't comment on anything else because I feel IDOC's are ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY, UNDENIABLY, PERFECTLY fine the way they are. Can I make it any clearerer? They are suitably executed in their present context with absolutely no need for changes, therefore I see no reason to consider any of the other "ideas" listed in this thread. Is THAT clear enough for you??

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh. I didn't comment on anything else because I feel IDOC's are ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY, UNDENIABLY, PERFECTLY fine the way they are. Can I make it any clearerer? They are suitably executed in their present context with absolutely no need for changes, therefore I see no reason to consider any of the other "ideas" listed in this thread. Is THAT clear enough for you??
Again not asking you to consider any other idea wanted your opinion on the other ideas

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a crazy idea.... When a house falls, its loot goes into the Honesty virtue system, and all the items get scattered across its facet on the same subserver with an Honesty timer of 3 hours.

If it's junk, you can turn it in for the virtue points.
If it's not junk, you got to go scavenger hunt for it.

Either way, it's not there to block placement, and you can have battles all over the place in Fel as you go looking for it, as well as at the fall site between the people tryign to place.
This idea in particular ... You say because you have to run around well this would make you do even more of that ... You say IDOCs in Fel provide battles well this would do so even more

You say IDOCs are fine and should never be changed or even any idea shouldnt be considered I find that to be very close minded there is nothing that cant be improved upon

This would eliminate a lot of the cheating these " dedicated very well trained IDOCers " use
Better at IDOCs ? What ? He can sit in his chair staring at a house better then me ?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Drops a bottle of Blue Chill Pills. Ok now.... don't fight over them but I think you all need to take one.... remember it's a GAME..

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again not asking you to consider any other idea wanted your opinion on the other ideas
You have completely given up on your ridiculous idea and are now resorting to trying to push someone elses similar ridiculous idea in your own thread.

Wow...

Now I have seen it all lol

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you find idocs boring after doing a few, go do something else, it clearly does not agree with you, I am not going to teach you all i know, 1200= 7 years while also enjoying other aspects of the game
And it certainly should not be altered to cater to you

time for the padlock Petra, there is no usefulness to this thread, never was

Last edited:

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drops a bottle of Blue Chill Pills. Ok now.... don't fight over them but I think you all need to take one.... remember it's a GAME..
Umm...ok? Everyone is chill here except the village idiot still shouting from his soapbox. The rest of us are just eating popcorn enjoying the show.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didnt ask you to change your opinion I asked for your opinion on the other ideas
Get a clue aidel's opinion on the other ideas is the same opinion he has on your idea.
My opinion is you die at fel idocs, and this is why you want this added into the game. I like the fel idocs the way they are I don't PVP, I wait at the fel idocs, and get what I can by stealthing grabbing moving off , recalling coming back to get more. So my opinion is you need to learn to play a idoc character you can learn to play in fel.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a clue aidel's opinion on the other ideas is the same opinion he has on your idea.
My opinion is you die at fel idocs, and this is why you want this added into the game. I like the fel idocs the way they are I don't PVP, I wait at the fel idocs, and get what I can by stealthing grabbing moving off , recalling coming back to get more. So my opinion is you need to learn to play a idoc character you can learn to play in fel.
His opinion on a change to IDOCs "I see no need to change IDOC's"
His opinion on my idea "Instead, you want to make it a bidding war, which will exclude a good segment of the UO population."

How can he have the exact same opinion on different ideas ?
He can however have the same opinion against all the ideas being "I see no need to change IDOC's" but the same opinion he had on my idea cannot be applied to the other ideas that did not propose an auction "Instead, you want to make it a bidding war, which will exclude a good segment of the UO population."

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just let it go man.. just let it go...
Why should I let my opinion go because a bunch of over the hill children want to call people names or shout and puff behind their keyboards ... There have been people that have stated their dislike for the idea and moved on ... These people who feel the need to say it 20 times while being rude are the very people keeping this thread alive ... I make no sense though ....

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
His opinion on a change to IDOCs "I see no need to change IDOC's"
His opinion on my idea "Instead, you want to make it a bidding war, which will exclude a good segment of the UO population."

How can he have the exact same opinion on different ideas ?
He can however have the same opinion against all the ideas being "I see no need to change IDOC's" but the same opinion he had on my idea cannot be applied to the other ideas that did not propose an auction "Instead, you want to make it a bidding war, which will exclude a good segment of the UO population."
It's definitely very small in here.

15 minutes to Judge Wapner.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should I let my opinion go because a bunch of over the hill children want to call people names or shout and puff behind their keyboards ... There have been people that have stated their dislike for the idea and moved on ... These people who feel the need to say it 20 times while being rude are the very people keeping this thread alive ... I make no sense though ....
The majority of people have said this is a bad idea and, I note, only you seem to be bothered with keeping it going.

Only one person wants this and no one cares. Please drop it.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adventurer I have a question

Does anyone actually care about your opinion on idocs?

apart from you of course
I agree with Michelle, spot on in fact, if i can't have it no-one should

Petra! padlock, and slap him with the stupid stick please.......

Not playing here anymore, boring.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adventurer I have a question

Does anyone actually care about your opinion on idocs?

apart from you of course
I agree with Michelle, spot on in fact, if i can't have it no-one should

Petra! padlock, and slap him with the stupid stick please.......

Not playing here anymore, boring.
And yet you keep coming back

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well from what I can tell either the mods are on vacation or this thread has become worthless. Someone needs to put it back on track and stop the banter no one can even tell anymore what this thread was all about... less it's a bunch of bickery..

Status
Not open for further replies.