• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think it's time to cancel EA-Land

• Thread starter SirSurpent
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Very well said, and I agree with you completely but another thing that i'd like to add is the fact that EA is not doing all this hard work in vain. That post went on and on and on about how hard EA is working for us. Maybe they forgot about all the revenue that is rolling in from them ATM machines. I hardly believe all this hard work is dedicated to just the players and how we should be so grateful for all that hard work. Sorry but I don't find the game fun anymore. I also want to say that you are absolutely right about that person being rude. They really need to take off those blinders.

[/ QUOTE ]

But arent you gratefull that Walmart is there for us to buy their products. They only open their doors because THEY CARE FOR US. Money has nothing to do with it. That 80 year old greeter is a millionaire and just hangs out to meet new and exciting people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck ya I am. Walmart has the best prices around !!

R

Rad-RX

I dont understand what everyone is so mad about, i can remember, not to long ago, that we were praying just for an update or just a word from the Devs. Now they are making changes and sure its a little rough but why is everyone so negative?

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I hate to, and have thus far enoyed my stay in the new EA-Land, but as of right now it's just too riddle with bugs.

I was playing fine last night, and whatever the Devs did today in their infinite wisdom, has ONCE AGAIN screwed up my (and many others) ability to play.

I mean, why pay $10 a month when you have no idea if you'll be able to play on a day-to-day basis? I'm sure this will get locked to "sweep the truth under the rug," and tell me to follow a link (like I just did which was of NO USE at all after doing everything it told me to!), so I give up and will stick to STABLE on-line games.

It's a shame really, that EA with all it's MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars, can't create an efficient and well thought-out plan to get EA-Land working properly on a CONSISTENT basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone. I repeat E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E is having issues in one way or another. However you in *your* "infinite wisdom" think so much of yourself that you presume to tell, not suggest, but *tell* the Devs that they need to shut down this game.

This is most likely the most presumptuous thing I have read since returning. If you have a problem with the way the game is going, then there is the door *points to the telephone booth* and don't let the receiver hit you in the pixles on the way out!

But don't you dare assume that the Devs or the players don't care about the future of this game. They are busting their asses on a consistent basis to make sure our gameplay is interrupted as little as possible. In return they get, what? Posts like this by someone who is not only completely out of the loop on what is getting down and what will be getting done, but is completely ungrateful that EA even *decided* <u>to keep this game we all love running.</u>

Devs, don't waste your spare time reading that trash. You work hard enough as it is, this attempt at little more than a grown-up temper-tantrum isn't worth it.

I'm sorry if I seem too harsh, and I hope this post doesn't get me banned. I'm hoping, however, that there are others out there that agree with me that we don't need *this* much negativity while beta-testing to fix our beloved game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a hateful post... I tend to refrain from posting in CH anymore even though I do have my founder's account I keep paying for, not sure why I keep paying, I never play the game... and I will say: I'm another one headed out the door... don't worry sweets, it won't hit my pixels on my way out... you might wanna consider how you talk to those getting ready to leave the game... pretty soon you'll be all alone, because there is one thing you said and I underlined it:

to keep this game we all love running.

lol... sorry to be the one to break it to you, but THIS IS NOT the game we all love... it's gone.

So, another founder is out, bye bye kids! Play nice! (ha, sure)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you continued to read, you would've seen that I apologized for being so harsh. The reality is that this is beta and while it does suck sometimes, to suggest the game be totally terminated and to talk down to the Devs is totally uncalled for and very ungrateful.

It's always sad to see people go, but when people are so sarcastically nasty and rude about it, I have no issue whatsoever with giving the same attitude right back. I'm sorry to those it offended, but I'm sure you understand.

A side note as well: If you're trying to tell me to be respectful, you may want to try to not use the term "sweets" in such a snide manner. Thank you, good sir, and good luck in your journies after EALand. It is always sad to see a fellow founder go. Take Care

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I'll make a 'formal' apology then, since I became the villian for not liking the consisent negativity.

I apologize to all those people leaving this game due to various reasons. I shouldn't have phrased things the way I did. Instead I should have simply not posted.

Thank You.

T

tune71

(quote)
The names have changed but the song is still the same. You here it all the time. Every year that the game has been out, It has been heard. Over and over and over. Adnauseum.

If the Devs don't do anything, the song plays, if the Devs do something, the song plays. Go back a few months, you'll hear the song. A year? The same song. Two years? Yep....still hearing that song.

No matter what happens in this game or doesn't happen the song will still be heard.

The names have changed but the song is still the same.

..........................................................................................................

Agree and disagree. I am not one of the ones that sits here complaining about every detail in this game. I actually have never complained, not even once till this last month. And even then, I am just trying and hoping that the game can become playable again. I am out allot of money in this game, and even more since Ea land opened, due to the fact I work on graphic design, so cc was going to be the greatest thing ever for me. However it hasn't been worth all the money and time i have put in as noone can see it due to landing in my store issues. And if they do land, they are not going to pay for a brown box with plain chairs! I want to wait it out, but i can't afford to do it and have the money for the family to play a different game while they get it together. So la la, sing away, I am not the only one here feeling this way. I am just curious to how many people that post they are leaving , really do cancel. Because if they did, I think that Ea might listen. I am not sure guys, but i think we need to stand together on at least getting our issues to them. They want community, well then lets work together. I miss the darn game like crazy it was my only escape from the stresses of my rl. Now it is just one more big stress!!! So yes many have sang a song for various reasons, but this time we should be singing together, because this game is unplayable. Now I will look over your posts and see how many songs you have sang!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hate to, and have thus far enoyed my stay in the new EA-Land, but as of right now it's just too riddle with bugs.

I was playing fine last night, and whatever the Devs did today in their infinite wisdom, has ONCE AGAIN screwed up my (and many others) ability to play.

I mean, why pay $10 a month when you have no idea if you'll be able to play on a day-to-day basis? I'm sure this will get locked to "sweep the truth under the rug," and tell me to follow a link (like I just did which was of NO USE at all after doing everything it told me to!), so I give up and will stick to STABLE on-line games.

It's a shame really, that EA with all it's MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars, can't create an efficient and well thought-out plan to get EA-Land working properly on a CONSISTENT basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

The names have changed but the song is still the same. You here it all the time. Every year that the game has been out, It has been heard. Over and over and over. Adnauseum.

If the Devs don't do anything, the song plays, if the Devs do something, the song plays. Go back a few months, you'll hear the song. A year? The same song. Two years? Yep....still hearing that song.

No matter what happens in this game or doesn't happen the song will still be heard.

T

tune71

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Somebody kick the juke box, the record is stuck!

I

imported_CrazyGirl

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's the same song with different people singing it, there must be something wrong with the system.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*Kick*

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's the same song with different people singing it, there must be something wrong with the system.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*Kick*

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying there is something wrong with the system for a long time now, but no on seems to listen. Seems like all the devs want to hear is that everything is great, we love the game, etc. Well, everything is NOT great, some of us are not happy with the game and the direction it is going. Deal with it!

T

TomDaBombb

For cyring out loud.

This game is in BETA form right now and the DEVS have never tried to kid you about this.

EA was ready to pull the plug on this game because it had gotten so bad. But they are giving it one more chance. IN order to do that a LOT has to change. And it's not going to happen overnight. It's going to be a work in progress for a long time. There are a lot of obviously talented people who are apparently working night and day and weekends to not only improve the game but also keep it entertaining and fair for us.

I played TSO since it's original beta form. And we went months, no years - without any new content or interaction with MAXIS. In EA-Land we at least get new things on a semi-regular basis. In 6 months we've seen 4 or 5 ways to add custom content. We've had scavenger hunts, the lava card game, excellerated skill hours. I have to say the DEVS are doing a great job improving this game and keeping it interesting despite what they have to go through.

This game is a business and in order for it to stay in existence it has to show profit or at least potential of profit. So along with improving the game and keeping it interesting, the DEVS also have to keep the bigwigs happy who are only interested in $$$.

All this being said, if the game is truly no longer fun for you, then by all means save your money and cancel. There are many of us here who still enjoy the game despite it's imperfections. But I for one beleive in the team of DEVS and look foward to being a part of the process of making EA-Land a great experience.

G

<blockquote><hr>

hell you wont need to make money to have fun in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
You CAN"T be serious? Do you plan on being a freeloader? How do you plan to feed your pixelated self?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
You CAN"T be serious? Do you plan on being a freeloader? How do you plan to feed your pixelated self?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> </font> Probably by landing at a store, demanding food, greening up and leaving without a thank you or a tip.
At least that is what happens at my store, no customers, just hungry mouths.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> </font> Probably by landing at a store, demanding food, greening up and leaving without a thank you or a tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep my house locked and all sale items out in the yard. No freeloader issues at my place. wanna eat?...buy something.

G

People NEED to start charging for food. If not people will keep free loading.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I dont understand what everyone is so mad about, i can remember, not to long ago, that we were praying just for an update or just a word from the Devs. Now they are making changes and sure its a little rough but why is everyone so negative?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only speak for me but here goes. I keep hearing "we're in the beta stages" and the beta issues have no bearing on my opinions that I have posted in this forum. It is the future plan for the game and the way the income is being controlled. I have stuck out the beta issues to get to what I thought would be a higher ground, better game and fun times. How can anyone honestly sit here and say they don't have a problem with the payouts? I don't give a rat's ass about those pools and and the balancing of the simoleans because they are not or never will be in the favor of us players. I stated in a previous post about my plan to build a farm yard and almost fell out of my chair when I seen the prices of the split rail fence. I will never have enough to finish this project even after the beta period. If folks want to agree with EA's excuse for cutting payouts on every single job or money making object thats their right. I'm just stating that the future plans EA has set is not for me.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joely must have some kind of plan if he/she doesn't need money in this game. How bout letting the rest of us in on it.......

G

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can only speak for me but here goes. I keep hearing "we're in the beta stages" and the beta issues have no bearing on my opinions that I have posted in this forum. It is the future plan for the game and the way the income is being controlled. I have stuck out the beta issues to get to what I thought would be a higher ground, better game and fun times. How can anyone honestly sit here and say they don't have a problem with the payouts? I don't give a rat's ass about those pools and and the balancing of the simoleans because they are not or never will be in the favor of us players. I stated in a previous post about my plan to build a farm yard and almost fell out of my chair when I seen the prices of the split rail fence. I will never have enough to finish this project even after the beta period. If folks want to agree with EA's excuse for cutting payouts on every single job or money making object thats their right. I'm just stating that the future plans EA has set is not for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see where they think this will go. The cap in itself is ridiculous! You meet your cap in less than a few hours from sim work. The 98% won't be affected is bull. (* see other thread on their trial runs with it) It's more like it affects the 98% and not 2%
If this does in fact come to EA i know for a fact quite a few people are going on to become free players or are quitting in general. Please by all means keep giving me the ability to make peanuts THAT i CAN handle but the cap and prices got to go. With this being called BETA on the log in screen BUT the devs saying that incorrect they need to check their webster's dictionary. Someone please tell me of a game that charges you for BETA? I hate to see my beloved game going down the drain or be closed but this is pure bull!

S

Shyanne1

TTL

One thing that I keep hearing is that the developers and EA could of shut this game down but they kept it open for US. They kept it open because it is making a profit and don't let anyone else tell you different. If it wasn't making a profit in would be gone tommorrow without any notice. Business does not work the way that some people with rose colored glasses on think it does.

It says the game is in Beta but we all know that isn't true. Under construction yes but for what? Let's get some dates and solid things that they are going to put in the game. They know what they are. Do you think they just come to work and sit at their computers and code for US. No, they have meetings about the game all day long.

You can be sure that every person affilitated with the development of this game is reading evey post and if they aren't reading it they have hired someone just to read them and compile information. They will release what they want when they want.

When I came back I was horrified that I was only getting $52 a painting with my full creativity skill. That almost made me turn around and leave right there. Now the payouts for the most part is going to be between $1-and who knows what.

As far as the socializing in the game. I came here to make friends. No one talks to anyone in the game (from what I see) unless they know you. I have tried numerous times to start conversations to no avai. People sit in houses and say nothing except make me food and hi and see ya. Where are all the socialable people? I'd actually like to find people who arent' ready to quit the game but aren't all cozy and comfy with everything going on here either. Translation: I want to meet real realistic people.

Not that I want to really play in TC with everything going on there but I have 2 accounts and two sims that I have started skilling up preparing to cancel my paying accounts to free. So if there are people out there that are fun that don't feel they need to suck up to EA let me know!

S

SOAG160

Cancelling EA Land isn't the answer... do i have the right one? most likely not, but as Andy of the old CC and a long time player, i have to put in my two cents. I am still excided about all the changes planned for the game. In the end , it will be a lot better. I applaud the devs and Luc on their long hours. Do i always think their right in the way they are doing things? no. Take for example this 3k credit/debit, blottors problem.. i think you can find another way to *get* the blottors. you say its only 2% that are doing it.. punish those, not the 98% that are great players and doing things right. there must be another way to Id the bad guys..
We can help by policing our own.. If you know or see someone thats is in this 2 %.. turn them in. Or get them to stop. this will always help the game, devs and all of us. Stop complaining in roomchat and trying to cause more drama and the whole sale misconception of what is really going on.. Post your complains here not in my roomchat i'm frankly tired of your whining. Yes i am whining now but i'm in the right spot to do it.
There are lots of things that need to be corrected.. like 22 hiding in a store, the ones taking higher payouts away from the 98%, time to get CC approved.. but its here that the devs need to see whats whats going on in the game... Devs are not normally in roomchat.. post it here!

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

One thing that I keep hearing is that the developers and EA could of shut this game down but they kept it open for US. They kept it open because it is making a profit and don't let anyone else tell you different. If it wasn't making a profit in would be gone tommorrow without any notice. Business does not work the way that some people with rose colored glasses on think it does.

It says the game is in Beta but we all know that isn't true. Under construction yes but for what? Let's get some dates and solid things that they are going to put in the game. They know what they are. Do you think they just come to work and sit at their computers and code for US. No, they have meetings about the game all day long.

You can be sure that every person affilitated with the development of this game is reading evey post and if they aren't reading it they have hired someone just to read them and compile information. They will release what they want when they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This is not a hobby to them - or something they do as a favor to us. It's their job, and you bet they wouldn't be doing it if there was no money in it for them.

For the last comment:

<blockquote><hr>

post it here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you see people doing that - excessively?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This is not a hobby to them - or something they do as a favor to us. It's their job, and you bet they wouldn't be doing it if there was no money in it for them.

For the last comment:

<blockquote><hr>

post it here!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just TTL, but I want to touch on Shyanne's comment. I don't think that EA is doing us a favor by keeping EA-Land open. They are doing it because they see a potential for profit.

When Luc came in with his thread about discussion for the economy. This game was at a stand still. We had not had an update in over a year. Murmurs were going on to expect the 90 day notice at any time. We had half a developer and half a community manager who had nothing to report to us. I can't remember what the number was for the subscriptions for TSO were but they were way low.

EA was not making much of a profit on our game. It costs money to run servers, pay half a dev... things like that.

Now we have a team of what ... 20ish? Subscriptions are going up, players are coming back.

They could potentially be making money now, but not nearly what they could make after all the changes they want are done.

the game was dead. It was done, it was gone. Every formula they used previously was a failure. Thousands of people left this game for things like SL and such. So it would be stupid for EA to not use similar formulas to make money.

It would be stupid for EA to do what a handful of loyal customers want and keep only them happy and turn away the potential for thousands of players to return to the game.

Also, the "Dev" team are just people being told what to do for the most part.
We all have bosses.
Now I'm sure they kick around things to see what is successful.

But what the players want... are not necessarily good for the game.

Am I happy with payouts?
No.

But... I work hard in real life to make sure I'm getting paid what I deserve, I'll let you all rant about it for the game.

Making money has never been my main goal as it is for TSO. So it will not be my main goal for EA-Land.

That doesn't negate the importance to many of you. Hopefully EA will see the general displeasure in the way the economy is and work towards a happy medium.
I'm not going to throw around the stupid beta word, but I will say that at this point nothing is set in stone. And as you can see with the currency voting mumbo jumbo, they are listening.

Just don't go thinking that what is done is done to personally spite you.

Its business, its corporation. The potential for the mighty dollar always outweighs the little guy.

Welcome to America, corporation and money is our God.

O, and if they shut this game down, just b/c ppl are pissed I'd be pissed. I'm still having fun *gasp*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

For the last comment:

<blockquote><hr>

post it here!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just TTL, but I want to touch on Shyanne's comment. I don't think that EA is doing us a favor by keeping EA-Land open. They are doing it because they see a potential for profit.

When Luc came in with his thread about discussion for the economy. This game was at a stand still. We had not had an update in over a year. Murmurs were going on to expect the 90 day notice at any time. We had half a developer and half a community manager who had nothing to report to us. I can't remember what the number was for the subscriptions for TSO were but they were way low.

EA was not making much of a profit on our game. It costs money to run servers, pay half a dev... things like that.

Now we have a team of what ... 20ish? Subscriptions are going up, players are coming back.

They could potentially be making money now, but not nearly what they could make after all the changes they want are done.

the game was dead. It was done, it was gone. Every formula they used previously was a failure. Thousands of people left this game for things like SL and such. So it would be stupid for EA to not use similar formulas to make money.

It would be stupid for EA to do what a handful of loyal customers want and keep only them happy and turn away the potential for thousands of players to return to the game.

Also, the "Dev" team are just people being told what to do for the most part.
We all have bosses.
Now I'm sure they kick around things to see what is successful.

But what the players want... are not necessarily good for the game.

Am I happy with payouts?
No.

But... I work hard in real life to make sure I'm getting paid what I deserve, I'll let you all rant about it for the game.

Making money has never been my main goal as it is for TSO. So it will not be my main goal for EA-Land.

That doesn't negate the importance to many of you. Hopefully EA will see the general displeasure in the way the economy is and work towards a happy medium.
I'm not going to throw around the stupid beta word, but I will say that at this point nothing is set in stone. And as you can see with the currency voting mumbo jumbo, they are listening.

Just don't go thinking that what is done is done to personally spite you.

Its business, its corporation. The potential for the mighty dollar always outweighs the little guy.

Welcome to America, corporation and money is our God.

O, and if they shut this game down, just b/c ppl are pissed I'd be pissed. I'm still having fun *gasp*

[/ QUOTE ]
I mostly agree.
But, what has puzzled me for awhile now is...... why?
Why try to re-vamp an obsolete code? Since the game went comatose, most of the folks who worked on the game just moved on - in earlier blog posts, Luc (or Lee - whoever) was saying they had to re-learn the code. besides which, there are now programming languages that are far more advanced than Edith.

Why not just build from scratch based on Sims2, using the newer stuff?

Ok - that's just a rhetorical question, I'm not really looking for answers, I have already heard a million of them, and I'm not up to a long discussion.... but if the rest of you want to analyze it, be my guest.

G

haha... Donovan... I'll bite b/c I'm a big advocate of being repetitive.

my opinion... EA doesn't want to have another MMORPG (if it is that) fail.

They have the player base (sorta) and all that good stuff.. .

You know what I mean.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you're going to repeatedly wave the flag for EA, at least get it right.

The game is NOT beta, even the devs say so.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh really? When I log in it still says EA Land (Beta), so I think EA Land still *is* in beta and I have never heard a dev say otherwise when in the Town Hall, reading the blog or reading here.

<blockquote><hr>

TSO is not EA's only gaming endeavor, thus is not their only source of income.
EA is not in financial trouble, in fact they just spent a brazillion bucks (that's RL bucks, not simoleons) acquiring another game company. (I want to say 100 million, but not exactly sure.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all well and good, but EA Land (formerly TSO) has it's own budget and that budget is what the devs have to work within when it comes to building and rebuilding this game, and that *part* of it is in the <font color="red">red</font> . Maybe what you quoted was phrased wrong, but that is the meaning behind it and that is 100% correct, has been for a very long time. I don't mind it when people try to discredit something they believe in making legitmate rebuttals, but doing it based on misspoken words and semantics undermines the validity of what you are saying.

W

Whitilicious 07'

Wow you said all that needed to be said ! Wooot u go girl !

And just to add my 2 simoleans ..

All u players say im leaving im leaving ..well your not gone yet !! Why NOT?
Because you like coming on here and causing your drama to upset others, if there were more positive threads about all of the good things that have developed instead of negitive BS then maybe just maybe you would enjoy your game . I love the game i make money i skill , i buy stuff i visit with friends ...hmmm isnt that what the whole game is about , its not about having 1m and sitting around doing nothing , its called PLAYING THE GAME ...Which i love to do
So Happy Simming to all my little pixel friends

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Considering all the bad juju in the game right now, I hope there *is* a future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to. And I hope its good. All I can do is hope and play

[/ QUOTE ]

And hope that those that are propigating the *bad juju* will realize that that alone is going to do just as much damage as all these changes.

Yesterday I was disheartened to say the least. Some over the cap yes, but mostly just over the overwhelming negativism. I talked to 4 other people about how I was feeling and they all basically had the same thing to say: "You've been reading the boards too much, haven't you?" I don't understand why people don't understand that laying on the negativity thick as ice is going way beyond *sounding off* or *letting off steam* or *voicing your opinion*, it is down-right counterproductive. If you'd rather have no game at all than the game we have now, that's fine....that is your right, but you can accomplish that without potentially destroying the game for other people who otherwise would have been able to make the best out of what we do have.

"Why don't you just not read the boards like those other people do?" you might ask? Because I *try* to hang around here and be the voice of reason to keep the boards from turning 100% negative along with the other half a dozen other "rah rah cheerleaderleading squad", but I will tell you this much...if it continues to affect me to the point that it has, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to continue to help those in game that I meet to stay positive and hopeful, and will continue to keep in touch with whoever else wants to remain positive and hopeful while still voicing concerns about the way things are and the hope that they will get better, and the (collective) rest of you can continue to bask and wallow in the misery that you've surrounded yourself with.

G

I said you wouldn’t have to make money to have fun. You don’t even have to use money to green. You get red Log off for a day or two and your full green again. *chuckles* I think I have stepped foot in one store since I have come back, and that was just to look at CC and prices.

Most services lots are gracious to let you green there free of charge. If you’re polite and you being light hearted banter with you, you would be surprised how generous people can be when you are nice and make them chuckle.

But No, I do not plan to be a freeloader. I do plan to make money, and I do plan to be one of the people that have a rollercoaster that a noob could ride free of change, and maybe interact enough to get the free account players to stick around longer. *shrugs*

We all share the same city now, maybe some day we shall cross paths and then you can get to know me (if my child isn't eating up my time with dirty dippers and pointing at the fridge for food, forcing me to AFK play, I do respond to IM's if they are there). I’m sure you’re a lovely person and we share like opinions.

Don’t judge/label me too quickly, and I shall return the favor.

P.S. Your post made me laugh.

W

Whitilicious 07'

Shirl , I have some farm animals u can have
Ive done away with my farm u are you welcome to them , catch me in game on this name minus the 07

I

imported_julilyn

they are in the MIDDLE of creating it. and have made that pretty clear.

I

imported_corpatortis

because you don't like a game.. instead of canceling your account the game should be canceled?

i don't get it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What did they do today? I've looked all over but can't see anything about city going down or updates, so I'm a bit confused as to what happened.

Polly

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I have complete and total faith that this game will be all that is was when it first came out and more once they are finished with all the broad strokes and tiny tweaks

G

<blockquote><hr>

#4. There are around 13,000 (est.) players in EA-Land. 13,000 x 10 = 130,000 per a month, 130,000 x 12 = 1,560,000. Compare this to over 100 Million which Blizzard makes for WoW and around the 10's of millions for Linden labs which makes Second Life. Thats not a lot, and in the past, TSO was making EA lose more money than it made. So there is no way they will make the game free without limits unless you want it to shut down

Plus, EA has been losing money lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow 13,000 players you say.....Last night there were not enough jammers to fill 4 houses. It would be nice to have a sim count, so in game we would know how many accounts are playing. I would be surprised if last night there were 1,000 total in EALand. Maybe WoW has been giving updates to the game all along and given players something to do. I know that quests are part of the game. (It would be nice if we could get quests here and gain locks.)

If this is true, then why do the mods treat the old players like we are so disposable? If this is so true, then why not make the game worth playing for the old players that have been here throught the thick and thin with giving us better payouts and forget this cap business. I am not sure what they are waiting for to give us the 4th and 5th year gifts but we have heard for months now that the darlings are ready to be given out. Even though I think the 4th year is a joke and ugly as sin we should be getting these.

I am sick to death of hearing about bots. They will never go away. The bottom feeders will always be here as in real life. The promise of being able to make easy money on this game is drawing them to us like flies on old plates/full bug motel/nasty toilets.

I

imported_corpatortis

13,000 paid accounts not players.

I'm guilty of paying for months without logging in.

Secondlife claims to have 30,000+ accounts logged in at any given time. That's not 30,000+ players. That's also not all paid accounts. I don't pay for my SL account.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Any online game fiddles their numbers for promotion. Not lying, really, but wording it funnily, like "30 million subscribers!" Well, that just means 30 million accounts, not 30 million actual players.

Then again, sometimes I like that this game isn't huge-o-gy-normous. I like seeing lots of familiar faces when I enter a lot. New people are nice, but there's alot to be said for familiarity

...ok, woot 100 posts on this account!

I

imported_corpatortis

Right so when people come in and say o wow has this and sl has that.. that's great. WoW also makes huge business in Asia due to people farming Gold. They get paid to sit and play.

SL is limited to how many free accounts your computer(s) can run.

So the number game doesn't fly with me

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I'd been thinking of trying out SL myself, but I love this game too much to bother.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'd been thinking of trying out SL myself, but I love this game too much to bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly.

I have SL. I played it.

Once you get past the shopping, I find it to be bland.
But then again, I've never been into online relationships like that. Which seems to be a huge motivator in that game.

The player created stuff is pretty awesome.

But hopefully eventually we'll have some pretty awesome CC too.

SL never held my interest whereas I've never canceled my accounts here.

O. edited to add.

In SL the only way you can make money is by CC (to my knowledge) The SL CC seemed really complicated to learn. So when I wanted to shop... I *gasp* bought money.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If we keep saying it we might get through to them eventually. As my mom likes to say, throw enough mud against a wall eventually some of it has to stick.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If we keep saying it we might get through to them eventually. As my mom likes to say, throw enough mud against a wall eventually some of it has to stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay for food.

Then the tipping thing wouldn't be an issue.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Shirl , I have some farm animals u can have
Ive done away with my farm u are you welcome to them , catch me in game on this name minus the 07

[/ QUOTE ]

Your very kind and I thank you !!

S

SirSurpent

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What did they do today? I've looked all over but can't see anything about city going down or updates, so I'm a bit confused as to what happened.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

To be precise, Polly (and please do not tell me to check out "this link" because it didn't work), was the constant hanging at 100% when trying to log in. It seems this happens to MANY people right after maintenance, and this is something on a CONSISTENT basis. How long does it take to get something right?

On another note, I know I started this thread and have probably made a few enemies as well as supporters along the way. Such is the nature of the beast we call the forums. But my original post (and subsequent posts) still stand firm in their convicition, that EA should seriously rethink charging LOYAL customers a monthly fee for a game that IS in Beta.

I'm sure there's more than a handful of you Simmers who play other games by EA, in particularly, Sports titles. I buy "EASport" titles religiously every year: Football (both College and Pro), Tiger Woods Golf, NHL, and NASCAR. So what's my point here?

The point here, is that EVERY SINGLE TIME EA releases one of their new titles, it is WITHOUT A DOUBT going to have bugs in it, and be unplayable until they LISTEN to their fans and decide to make a patch, and in most cases it takes 2 or 3 patches. Why?? Why not get it right the first time, or hold off on releasing the title or going live with it (case in point here is EA-Land) until they KNOW it will work!

I have more to say, but just got home from work and need a beer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You might see a *rise* in the number of people that will charge, but basically what will end up happening is a 'price war' where: (arbitrary numbers)

House A begins the process by charging $5 a plate through the buffet tables since charging for HC won't work because pay doors are distributed to all roomies, not just one

House B says OK, my goal is to be popular, but I don't wanna work like a dog so I'm gonna charge $3 a plate for buffet. If House A and House B offer the same skills then unless house B has just piss-poor roommates they will jump house B on the lists.

House C comes along and says hmmm....if I buy a little bit from the ATM each month, I can afford to offer my buffet at $1 a plate and just break even and then rely on my 3k a week cap and the money I buy as *pocket money*. Doesn't take long before House C jumps B and A, because even the people who support houses charging for food in these hard times are going to go where the food is the cheapest, again assuming that the roommates/owner are not just piss-poor and the houses get boycotted on merit.

House D is a wealthy, single guy RL and he says pfffft I got nobody to support but myself, my quest in the game is to dominate EAL or TC3, whichever he's in, so he offers everything for free and plunks up to $20-$50 A WEEK into that ATM, and that might be far-fetched but I've already heard one report of somebody doing this in EA Land to achieve a 'monopoly'. Now, he can only have 30-35 people in his house at once, so there is still the spill over visitors that aren't willing to sit outside with their finger on the mouse button for an hour or more just to get in, however the question is how many houses will there be just like him but maybe not *quite* to that extent, and subsequently how far down the list will that drive 'House A'. If only to #10, that wouldn't be so bad...but what if it's 20 or even 30? Players are all the time complaining that they are tired of sitting in a house with no visitors, so I don't see how that would be any more fun for those players.

Moral of the story being that yes I think it is totally possible to create a neighborhood in EA Land or TC3 or both where all the houses in that neighborhood agree to charge varying prices for their food, but the *unknown* will be how popular those houses will be, and whether or not those house owners/roomies will be comfortable with the level of guests that they get after that and if they're not will they drop to charging less or go back to free food or just quit the game all together. The chances of it being the latter being so high is the reason I do not think its very good to encourage people to do this en masse without them understanding the possible consequences involved beforehand.