• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think it's time to cancel EA-Land

• Thread starter SirSurpent
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SirSurpent

I hate to, and have thus far enoyed my stay in the new EA-Land, but as of right now it's just too riddle with bugs.

I was playing fine last night, and whatever the Devs did today in their infinite wisdom, has ONCE AGAIN screwed up my (and many others) ability to play.

I mean, why pay $10 a month when you have no idea if you'll be able to play on a day-to-day basis? I'm sure this will get locked to "sweep the truth under the rug," and tell me to follow a link (like I just did which was of NO USE at all after doing everything it told me to!), so I give up and will stick to STABLE on-line games.

It's a shame really, that EA with all it's MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars, can't create an efficient and well thought-out plan to get EA-Land working properly on a CONSISTENT basis.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

#1. If you don't like it and don't want to pay for it leave, or go to a free account.
#2. EA-Land is in BETA which means there are going to be bugs.

#3. This is one of the 100's of threads which are about the same complaint! Gah!

#4. There are around 13,000 (est.) players in EA-Land. 13,000 x 10 = 130,000 per a month, 130,000 x 12 = 1,560,000. Compare this to over 100 Million which Blizzard makes for WoW and around the 10's of millions for Linden labs which makes Second Life. Thats not a lot, and in the past, TSO was making EA lose more money than it made. So there is no way they will make the game free without limits unless you want it to shut down

Plus, EA has been losing money lately.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I don't give a [censored].
Its the truth and complaining wont help.

The sad thing is, is one person leaves thats not a big difference, other players will most likely take their place. Unless a majority of us leave, canceling our accounts to protest wont do much.

So, we have the option to leave or switch to free accounts.

S

SirSurpent

<blockquote><hr>

The sad thing is, is one person leaves thats not a big difference, other players will most likely take their place. Unless a majority of us leave, canceling our accounts to protest wont do much.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is EXACTLY why, with you not giving S**T, that EA will continue to take your (and others) money and give you a NON-WORKING product. And that's what this is, so you better wake-up and smell what they're shoveling. As a consumer, a PAYING consumer, you have the RIGHT to a working product!

Heck, I buy EA games all the time! Madden, Tiger Woods, NCAA Football, etc. And I know a load of other people that do as well, so don't give me this crap that they are losing money!! OMG...LOLOLOLOL

Hey, if you're an EA-FANBOI then more power to ya', God Bless ya'! But the Sims, in all of its forms, has been out WAY TOO LONG for this sort of shoddy performance!

G

Unfortunately , if things continue the way they have been going, alot of the die hard simmers are even getting tired of it, So i doubt many new players will last long if founders and the like cant even stand whats going on. And personally I would much rather read a million posts complaining about the game than read one post with the poisonous negativity in it that the above post offers.

I

imported_eggchick7

One of my real worries is that if more people take the same attitude (Whilst I do sympathise how frustrating it can be) then EA will just close the game once and for all....that would be a crying shame

G

It would be, but it would be something that EA will have brought upon themselves. I haven't logged into the game in 2 days because I see no point. If I can't earn money ... if all I can earn is 3K and have to spend it right away, what's the point? I can't build, I can't change my building, I can't re-design for special events (I own an entertainment house) ... it's not the game I know and love any more.

I'm looking to see what the next moves are. If you look at the blog, there is already more than one person who has said they are leaving. There are many not far behind, and you know there are those who have left silently.

I wish more would make noise about it so we can all see what's really happening.

So complain away. And if anyone doesn't like what you have to say, they can iggy you. But i won't

S

SirSurpent

<blockquote><hr>

One of my real worries is that if more people take the same attitude (Whilst I do sympathise how frustrating it can be) then EA will just close the game once and for all....that would be a crying shame

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, ya' know, Egg, maybe they should. Maybe they should shut down for a few weeks or more and figure out these bugs and gaming issues that hundreds of players are experiencing, instead of continously charging us for a game that is obviously broken in mnay areas.

I am NOT an EA hater..as I said before, I buy MANY of their products, and am usually quite satisfied. But this has gone on long enough...play 3 days, then you can't...play 4 days, then you can't...play 1 day, then...well, you get the idea. It's totally absurd. It's like making payments on a car that decides when it'll run and when it won't! Seriously!

I know the Devs do work hard, I'm sure they do, and I respect the Moderators on here, also, because I know their job ain't easy with people like me, except to lock the thread and link me elsewhere. But when that link provides absolutely NOTHING in terms of help, then my hands (and theirs) are absolutely tied.

It's a no-win situation in the long run, and EA should take a serious look into it. That's all I'm asking.

I

imported_eggchick7

Uhhh I have to agree, so maybe as we know its 'Beta' EA should make a reduction in the fees until the product is finally ready or maybe it means that then subs will increase once it is ready...oh what the heck do I know? But I just wish there were a few more answers

G

I'm a long time simmie and I don't like what's I seeing either. But, I staying with it but if they don't bring in something good as in interactions or something like objects aswell. I might leave this game for good. I came back cause I thought, yay there improving it finally. Blah! not by far.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

I hate to, and have thus far enoyed my stay in the new EA-Land, but as of right now it's just too riddle with bugs.

I was playing fine last night, and whatever the Devs did today in their infinite wisdom, has ONCE AGAIN screwed up my (and many others) ability to play.

I mean, why pay $10 a month when you have no idea if you'll be able to play on a day-to-day basis? I'm sure this will get locked to "sweep the truth under the rug," and tell me to follow a link (like I just did which was of NO USE at all after doing everything it told me to!), so I give up and will stick to STABLE on-line games.

It's a shame really, that EA with all it's MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars, can't create an efficient and well thought-out plan to get EA-Land working properly on a CONSISTENT basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone. I repeat E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E is having issues in one way or another. However you in *your* "infinite wisdom" think so much of yourself that you presume to tell, not suggest, but *tell* the Devs that they need to shut down this game.

This is most likely the most presumptuous thing I have read since returning. If you have a problem with the way the game is going, then there is the door *points to the telephone booth* and don't let the receiver hit you in the pixles on the way out!

But don't you dare assume that the Devs or the players don't care about the future of this game. They are busting their asses on a consistent basis to make sure our gameplay is interrupted as little as possible. In return they get, what? Posts like this by someone who is not only completely out of the loop on what is getting down and what will be getting done, but is completely ungrateful that EA even *decided* to keep this game we all love running.

Devs, don't waste your spare time reading that trash. You work hard enough as it is, this attempt at little more than a grown-up temper-tantrum isn't worth it.

I'm sorry if I seem too harsh, and I hope this post doesn't get me banned. I'm hoping, however, that there are others out there that agree with me that we don't need *this* much negativity while beta-testing to fix our beloved game.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

can you say BETA ?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!

S

SirSurpent

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone. I repeat E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E is having issues in one way or another. However you in *your* "infinite wisdom" think so much of yourself that you presume to tell, not suggest, but *tell* the Devs that they need to shut down this game.

This is most likely the most presumptuous thing I have read since returning. If you have a problem with the way the game is going, then there is the door *points to the telephone booth* and don't let the receiver hit you in the pixles on the way out!

But don't you dare assume that the Devs or the players don't care about the future of this game. They are busting their asses on a consistent basis to make sure our gameplay is interrupted as little as possible. In return they get, what? Posts like this by someone who is not only completely out of the loop on what is getting down and what will be getting done, but is completely ungrateful that EA even *decided* to keep this game we all love running.

Devs, don't waste your spare time reading that trash. You work hard enough as it is, this attempt at little more than a grown-up temper-tantrum isn't worth it.

I'm sorry if I seem too harsh, and I hope this post doesn't get me banned. I'm hoping, however, that there are others out there that agree with me that we don't need *this* much negativity while beta-testing to fix our beloved game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let it not be said that EA-Fanbois have a voice, people..because you have just heard it. Nothing wrong with that, not at all. And whoever said that I thought the Devs and dedicated gamers didn't care about the future of EA-Land? Not I...read my threads carefully, honey, before you get your pixeled panties in a wad.

And did I not state that I felt the Devs WERE working hard? Once again, baby-cakes, read my threads CAREFULLY! I am merely voicing the very clear fact that EA-Land is BROKEN in many, many areas, and has been for a very, very long time. If it's not one thing, it's another...go ahead, prove me wrong. You can't, and that's the tragedy with what's happening in an other-wise fine concept of a game.

Why not shut it down, and at least make it STABLE. Put in additional content as needed, sure, but at least make it stable!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

can you say BETA ?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!

[/ QUOTE ]I think the way he went about posting this was wrong... but the core issue is still there. Shut down EA Land? I hope not but only time will tell. I am hoping they come out with newer and better things than th 3k cap that will make this game fun again. We haven't seen new interactions for the increased skills except for a few. Haven't seen anything on new jobs.

The problem I see here is if the dev team doesn't do something soon to make the game fun and better soon, this new 3k cap will drive alot of people away.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Yes, I wouldn't have gone off my rocked so much had he posted the main idea in a less disrespectful way.

G

Very true... but some people are going off the deep end on all these problems. He may be a free account who lives in TC3 and having to deal with the new cap. In EA Land, we don't have to worry about it yet. This is a very frustrating time and if he wants to leave, go ahead. No one is forcing you to be here. I am on the verge of taking a nice break. I will come back at a later time, but the game isn't fun for me anymore. But that is my opinion.

S

SirSurpent

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, I wouldn't have gone off my rocked so much had he posted the main idea in a less disrespectful way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disrespectful?? I'll tell you what disrespectful is....Is paying $10 a month for a "BETA"...you said it yourself...."BETA"...

How many Betas charge you $10 a month to play...hmmm, lemme' think..oh, yeah...ZERO!

Sure, you can go get a Free Account, but why? Your Sim won't be going anywhere fast in a very short time given the Free Account limitiations. Why is it so hard to understand, that something...anything...must/should be done to create a stable environment in which we all love to play and enjoy given the fact that we are paying for it. Period.

G

Hey I agree with you that something needs to be done to save the game. If the cap comes to EA Land, people will leave faster than I have ever seen before. I will be one of them. But, calling for the game to be shut down? I think that is a bit over the line. The dev team is doing what they can to keep it alive. But, I am wondering if the damage has been done and alot of people are losing hope.

I am holding onto that last bit of hope... for now at least.

I

imported_Trudymac

TTL

I've never paid for a beta before, have any of you?

That label is slapped on there for one reason - so that EA and their fanbois, by proxy, can point to it anytime EA is criticised.

This franchise has the NUMBER ONE SELLING PC GAME of all time. And dozens of other titles which are HUGE moneymakers. They are still milking money out of UO, how many years later?

Pardon me that I won't weep and buy into this idea that they don't have money, or that they are overworked while living in their McMansions and collecting a six figure salarly. I really doubt they lose any sleep over negative opinions. In fact, it's pretty darned clear they don't.

I too have faithfully supported this company for many, many years, own every single sim city and sims product ever made, including sim golf, have paid them 1000's of dollars in subscription fees over the years from everything from UO to MCO to TSO.

I have a right to say I am unhappy, despite the misgivings of control freaks on these forums who want to try and tell other people how to post, how to play, and insinuate all sorts of things about their character.

G

My one account I have had open since 12/31/03 has been paid, and will continue to be paid whether I play or not. In fact I just came back from a year of not playing, did I stop paying? nope. I would be a fool to shut off my account with all her gifts and locks and risk a wipe. If the game gets boring, I just don't log on. Usually when I log back on to the game, it has changed and I am back . . hooked again. One thing you can count on . . . is CHANGE in this game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to repeatedly wave the flag for EA, at least get it right.
The game is NOT beta, even the devs say so.
TSO is not EA's only gaming endeavor, thus is not their only source of income.
EA is not in financial trouble, in fact they just spent a brazillion bucks (that's RL bucks, not simoleons) acquiring another game company. (I want to say 100 million, but not exactly sure.)

G

I won't leaave if EA brings the cap to EAL. I will just mingle and talk to my friends skill and just simply enjoy myself in EAL.

J

jhayann1

LMAO

They acquired... dare I say? Bioware, the RPG moguls. How THAT happened I don't know. I know a lot of RPGers fear that things will somehow get "commercialized" instead of being more RPG because of EA's involvement.

And I don't know how the devs can say it's not beta, when the blue login screen that pops up, asking you to choose which city to enter, states "EA-Land (Beta)". Several years after TSO and still bugs, still beta?

It just cracks me up...

S

Shadowbay

and trudys on a roll again ... I have to agree with everything you've said, Im an aug 02 founder, Sirsurpent has as much right to voice his opinion as anyone else, he has as much right to his anger as the rah rahs have to their glee about how "wonderful" the game is now, just my opinion

rah rahs ... open fire .. NOW!

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I am getting there, it only gets worse. Day by day.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

and trudys on a roll again ... I have to agree with everything you've said, Im an aug 02 founder, Sirsurpent has as much right to voice his opinion as anyone else, he has as much right to his anger as the rah rahs have to their glee about how "wonderful" the game is now, just my opinion

rah rahs ... open fire .. NOW!

[/ QUOTE ]LOL. I always want to go for a walk after those kind of posts.

BTW, you can thank the rah-rahs for my latest forum avatar.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO

They acquired... dare I say? Bioware, the RPG moguls. How THAT happened I don't know. I know a lot of RPGers fear that things will somehow get "commercialized" instead of being more RPG because of EA's involvement.

And I don't know how the devs can say it's not beta, when the blue login screen that pops up, asking you to choose which city to enter, states "EA-Land (Beta)". Several years after TSO and still bugs, still beta?

It just cracks me up...

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you believe the screen, or the Devs?

Somebody (one of the "positive supporters", no less) asked Luc (or was it Greg?) one day in the Pub about the "beta" thing on the selector screen. Their answer was that it was not supposed to be there and it wasn't true. The game is "Under Construction", but not "beta". Beta was back in 2002.

D

dinaj

ok then let me change my post to:

can you say UNDER CONSTRUCTION? ... LOL

S

SirSurpent

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO

It just cracks me up...

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody (one of the "positive supporters", no less) asked Luc (or was it Greg?) one day in the Pub about the "beta" thing on the selector screen. Their answer was that it was not supposed to be there and it wasn't true. The game is "Under Construction", but not "beta". Beta was back in 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with ya', Donavon,

Let's see....BETA = A game not complete or under construction.
EA-Land = A game under construction.

Let's see...what am I missing here?? Oh, yeah, EA's hand in my back-pocket after years of loyalty and untold money I've supported them with.

Maybe, just maybe, something will finally happen when EA will wake up and listen to their community of supporters. I doubt it, though...too many blind EA Fanbois supporting their lie that everything is fine and dandy.

G

TTL (my very first TTL) (and I know what it means to :p)

The fact that CC is even in the game is a huge draw. And they WILL have cc clothing, which for me is huge even if I don't make any, to see people expressing themselves is going to be awesome. The next thing after that is going to be custom interactions, and then scripting (or vice verse). In the next few year's you'll have to many different things in the game that you can do, ware, and ride! You wont even recognize it. The future is so bright! I could care less if I make money, hell you wont need to make money to have fun in this game.

To log in to a house and jump on a rollercoaster then jump in a race car and turn a few lap's all while warming my Tim Duncan Jersey, while puking after eating to much cotton candy. That's why I stick around. Not for the yesterday, not for the today, but for the future this game WILL be if we all hang in there.

*hold up beer mug* To the bums and pot hole's on the way!

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL (my very first TTL) (and I know what it means to :p)

The fact that CC is even in the game is a huge draw. And they WILL have cc clothing, which for me is huge even if I don't make any, to see people expressing themselves is going to be awesome. The next thing after that is going to be custom interactions, and then scripting (or vice verse). In the next few year's you'll have to many different things in the game that you can do, ware, and ride! You wont even recognize it. The future is so bright! I could care less if I make money, hell you wont need to make money to have fun in this game.

To log in to a house and jump on a rollercoaster then jump in a race car and turn a few lap's all while warming my Tim Duncan Jersey, while puking after eating to much cotton candy. That's why I stick around. Not for the yesterday, not for the today, but for the future this game WILL be if we all gang in there.

*hold up beer mug* To the bums and pot hole's on the way!

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering all the bad juju in the game right now, I hope there *is* a future.

J

jhayann1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Definition of Beta, according to Webster's Dictionary: a nearly complete prototype of a product (as software) &lt;released in beta&gt; &lt;the beta version&gt;

Hmmm... I wonder if Webster's definition of "Under Construction" is anything like the definition for "Beta." Please don't make me look up &amp; paste the definition for "prototype" as well.

But going by these definitions and the claim that this game is "Under Construction", I'd say that's a worse state than Beta! Construction could be amidst the creation of something, heck, it could be the beginning stage of creation! So we've gone from Beta to Under Construction...? LOL

That's like a construction company saying, "Well, I know we were about to do the finishing touches to your home and we were due to complete it in 2 weeks, but then we decided to rip out the foundation and rebuild it using different materials, so you can expect a 6-month delay. Of course, we do intend to charge you for the additional 6 months of foundation-ripping even though it was our decision and quite possibly our fault for having done so... In the meantime, here's a cardboard box to live in while we get things working the way it should."

*Grab your ankles and go for a ride*

Wheeeeeeee!!!! LOL

Is it just me, or are a lot of folks a bit uptight right now?
Bottom line:
The game doesn't work as it should,
gamers are paying to receive a broken product,
gamers who don't like to grab their ankles should either stop their subscription or buy vaseline because going for a ride is what its all about!,
and EA-fanbois need to pull that sim mop, toilet brush, bug spray, or whatever it is out their rear/backside and take a chill pill!

Could we lock this topic now?

G

<blockquote><hr>

can you say BETA ?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a point. I won't condemn you for not liking all the problems--I've had my share, and they're very frustrating. But threatening to quit won't help anything, and I certainly would like to see what comes of this new "Ea-Land" when its out of beta.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Considering all the bad juju in the game right now, I hope there *is* a future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to. And I hope its good. All I can do is hope and play

T

tune71

Do you think that if enough of us actually cancel that maybe just maybe the game will shut down and get the fix it needs? Or do you think that it will just be shut down for good? So many here are telling people to just go, but in fact if they do go, you all may lose your gifts that your earned from paying for years anyways. I have 4 accounts, my daughter has 2, my husband has 2 and my best friend has 6. We are all waiting it out for what??? Some tree's and gifts that we will probably never see again when this game goes bottom up. I am trying to hold out and keep coming to the boards to see if there is any change. I miss the game, but will not log in just to crash again to desktop. I spend $40 to get money in ea land to open up my dream store to display my cc. Ordered tons of cc and well haven't landed there once since i finished it. I crash every time! So yes for you guys that are paying $10 a month this might be fine. I however am paying $80 a month for my family to play. No damn way is that woth it!
I am still holding on to hope like so many others, but guys I think we soon will have to accept that unless something changes really soon, this game will be no more!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Definition of Beta, according to Webster's Dictionary: a nearly complete prototype of a product (as software) &lt;released in beta&gt; &lt;the beta version&gt;

Hmmm... I wonder if Webster's definition of "Under Construction" is anything like the definition for "Beta." Please don't make me look up &amp; paste the definition for "prototype" as well.

But going by these definitions and the claim that this game is "Under Construction", I'd say that's a worse state than Beta! Construction could be amidst the creation of something, heck, it could be the beginning stage of creation! So we've gone from Beta to Under Construction...? LOL

That's like a construction company saying, "Well, I know we were about to do the finishing touches to your home and we were due to complete it in 2 weeks, but then we decided to rip out the foundation and rebuild it using different materials, so you can expect a 6-month delay. Of course, we do intend to charge you for the additional 6 months of foundation-ripping even though it was our decision and quite possibly our fault for having done so... In the meantime, here's a cardboard box to live in while we get things working the way it should."

*Grab your ankles and go for a ride*

Wheeeeeeee!!!! LOL

Is it just me, or are a lot of folks a bit uptight right now?
Bottom line:
The game doesn't work as it should,
gamers are paying to receive a broken product,
gamers who don't like to grab their ankles should either stop their subscription or buy vaseline because going for a ride is what its all about!,
and EA-fanbois need to pull that sim mop, toilet brush, bug spray, or whatever it is out their rear/backside and take a chill pill!

Could we lock this topic now?

[/ QUOTE ]
The prototype version became the production version back in Dec of '02.
The "Under Construction" is the Devs playful way of reminding everyone that the game is undergoing changes - I think you know that.
The distinction is important because in almost every case, when a "beta" goes production - the servers are wiped and players start anew.
If people start to get the idea that they may be wiped ---again--- it is likely to cause a firestorm of protest. It's kind of silly to insist on honoring a silly typo, when even the very people who are re-building the game say it's a mistake.
So, while it may be semantics to some, there is some importance, however small, to keep the proper perspective.

C

Camile

Tonite I signed on to find out that my 2 accounts, that I have paid for monthly since 03 and 04, were suddenly Temp Accounts...SUPRISE!!! So, I called tech support and was told, "Gee nothing we can do for you, cannot help, you will have to wait 48 hours until tech in CA calls you back."

Its issues like this that raise my blood pressure to level max, and make me bang my head on the desk.

Why am I suddenly a temp account? Do issues like this make me want to throw in the towel?

Yes, they do...Oh, and did they care about my problem? Nawwwwwwww

I

imported_Demirosa

Hi. I must agree with Marcin2006 in this case. But I must add: In my opinion, it is each subscriber's decision to subscribe, and also their responsibility to know exactly what they are subscribing to. For example, we should know the rules of the game, and know what's already going on.

Only to repeat the obvious: If you don't like the game right now, then don't play it -- at least, don't PAY for it!! And YES, games in beta stage will have bugs! That only makes it more exciting to be apart of this game in its newest stage.

J

jhayann1

<blockquote><hr>

Hi. I must agree with Marcin2006 in this case. But I must add: In my opinion, it is each subscriber's decision to subscribe, and also their responsibility to know exactly what they are subscribing to. For example, we should know the rules of the game, and know what's already going on.

Only to repeat the obvious: If you don't like the game right now, then don't play it -- at least, don't PAY for it!! And YES, games in beta stage will have bugs! That only makes it more exciting to be apart of this game in its newest stage.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the tricky part...is knowing what exactly you are subscribing to. When I did my research, I contacted tech support, I stalked devs in-game as a free member, I read the EA site, blog, &amp; wiki... It doesn't really say that you are subscribing to frequent error 21 thru 23, that your CC or other purchased items may disappear from time to time without refund, that the support email will go unanswered so you have no clue if you matter or not, that the game suffers from awful lag at times, that the pizza payouts would be lowered or that your acct will be limited to making $3K...

Where can I get this info PRIOR to my making a payment? Heck, does anyone know where to find the TOS even?

But AFTER I subscribed and saw the mess, THEN I could say that it was up to me to stay or go... It just sucks to have to learn about all this AFTER giving my money, not before.

Oh well, guess if EAL doesn't work out or improve soon, I'll cancel my subscription 5 months before Sims 3 comes out, so that I can use my $9.99 towards the cost of that game instead and hope for the best there. LOL

G

just something to think about.... there are plenty of other games other chats simular to this one some i may add are not as complex ... some have nothin but pics for your avatars you cant walk u cant hug you cant hold someone... the game isnt filled with sex feaned addicts lookin for there next cyber roll in the hay..... and alot of them are charging far more then they are charging for this game an account is 10.00 most people waist alot more money then that in a week so really all this complaining and all is mute to me... bugs or no bugs they could be charging far more then they are for this game so .. sit back relax and realize that the bugs are all part of a greater scheme of making the game better ...

S

SirSurpent

<blockquote><hr>

just something to think about.... there are plenty of other games other chats simular to this one some i may add are not as complex ... some have nothin but pics for your avatars you cant walk u cant hug you cant hold someone... the game isnt filled with sex feaned addicts lookin for there next cyber roll in the hay..... and alot of them are charging far more then they are charging for this game an account is 10.00 most people waist alot more money then that in a week so really all this complaining and all is mute to me... bugs or no bugs they could be charging far more then they are for this game so .. sit back relax and realize that the bugs are all part of a greater scheme of making the game better ...

[/ QUOTE ]

$10 or $100 or $.05...that isn't the point, although I see what you're saying. The point is, the relevance to the core reason, is simply that Sims fans world-wide have been putting up with this BS for LONG ENOUGH!!

How long does it take to get something right, when you've had the "basic matrix" to design from, and STILL screw it up consistently and THEN have the audacity to go and CHARGE loyal fans for it??

I just don't get it! And I do notice that NO moderaters have responded in this thread. I wonder why...hmmmmm....

K

Karma Sutra

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't you dare assume that the Devs or the players don't care about the future of this game. They are busting their asses on a consistent basis to make sure our gameplay is interrupted as little as possible. In return they get, what? Posts like this by someone who is not only completely out of the loop on what is getting down and what will be getting done, but is completely ungrateful that EA even *decided* <u>to keep this game we all love running.</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a hateful post... I tend to refrain from posting in CH anymore even though I do have my founder's account I keep paying for, not sure why I keep paying, I never play the game... and I will say: I'm another one headed out the door... don't worry sweets, it won't hit my pixels on my way out... you might wanna consider how you talk to those getting ready to leave the game... pretty soon you'll be all alone, because there is one thing you said and I underlined it:

to keep this game we all love running.

lol... sorry to be the one to break it to you, but THIS IS NOT the game we all love... it's gone.

So, another founder is out, bye bye kids! Play nice! (ha, sure)

G

the fact is u get what ya pay for .... and what we pay isnt nothin compared to what the COULD make us pay bugs or no bugs

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately , if things continue the way they have been going, alot of the die hard simmers are even getting tired of it, So i doubt many new players will last long if founders and the like cant even stand whats going on. And personally I would much rather read a million posts complaining about the game than read one post with the poisonous negativity in it that the above post offers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately i'm one of the old timers that is just getting bored with the game. I bought several cute CC animals with a plan to make a farm yard and when I seen that the split rail fences were around $750 per section I decided it was time to take a RL nap. Also, alot of players like myself have several accounts and they are basically useless because i'm not into paying that much just to pile them into 1 house all day to get a position on the map.

I

imported_Shirl1211

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't you dare assume that the Devs or the players don't care about the future of this game. They are busting their asses on a consistent basis to make sure our gameplay is interrupted as little as possible. In return they get, what? Posts like this by someone who is not only completely out of the loop on what is getting down and what will be getting done, but is completely ungrateful that EA even *decided* <u>to keep this game we all love running.</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a hateful post... I tend to refrain from posting in CH anymore even though I do have my founder's account I keep paying for, not sure why I keep paying, I never play the game... and I will say: I'm another one headed out the door... don't worry sweets, it won't hit my pixels on my way out... you might wanna consider how you talk to those getting ready to leave the game... pretty soon you'll be all alone, because there is one thing you said and I underlined it:

to keep this game we all love running.

lol... sorry to be the one to break it to you, but THIS IS NOT the game we all love... it's gone.

So, another founder is out, bye bye kids! Play nice! (ha, sure)

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said, and I agree with you completely but another thing that i'd like to add is the fact that EA is not doing all this hard work in vain. That post went on and on and on about how hard EA is working for us. Maybe they forgot about all the revenue that is rolling in from them ATM machines. I hardly believe all this hard work is dedicated to just the players and how we should be so grateful for all that hard work. Sorry but I don't find the game fun anymore. I also want to say that you are absolutely right about that person being rude. They really need to take off those blinders.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately i'm one of the old timers that is just getting bored with the game. I bought several cute CC animals with a plan to make a farm yard and when I seen that the split rail fences were around $750 per section I decided it was time to take a RL nap. Also, alot of players like myself have several accounts and they are basically useless because i'm not into paying that much just to pile them into 1 house all day to get a position on the map.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting pretty bored with the game myself. I have 5 sims and the only one I'm playing right now is the one who has a temporary store. Can you say "Zzzz...."? Staring at a screen for hours so I don't miss someone come in and actually buy something is not my idea of fun. I'm working on that sim's house, but running out of money, so I keep praying someone will come in. Other than that, I skill all the time.

It looks like I won't be able to play much longer unless I get a new computer, too, with the new graphics coming since I'd have to get a new video card AND processor. I still say upgrading to Sims/SL graphics is a mistake for this game since a lot of existing players will need to upgrade their computers. It's fine if you can afford it, but I can't. I really think it would be better if we had a choice of which graphics to play, but what do I know? I'm just a player. I'll still pay my account, though, in the hopes that I will get a new computer soon.

S

SirSurpent

**whew** Many people have spoken here..and this is a good thing...

My only hope, and it's a small one, is that someone who matters, whether it be a Dev or a Moderator that can get the word out...

That in some form or fashion that EA will finally LISTEN..I mean really LISTEN, and stop trying to take our money at every turn and corner, and either shut EA-Land down until it's fixed in a respectable format, or quit charging loyal fans for a game that is obviously still in Beta.

I have yet to hear, EVER hear, of another company that practices this sort of piracy from its fans, or would even contemplate such an action. Is this really too much to ask?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Very well said, and I agree with you completely but another thing that i'd like to add is the fact that EA is not doing all this hard work in vain. That post went on and on and on about how hard EA is working for us. Maybe they forgot about all the revenue that is rolling in from them ATM machines. I hardly believe all this hard work is dedicated to just the players and how we should be so grateful for all that hard work. Sorry but I don't find the game fun anymore. I also want to say that you are absolutely right about that person being rude. They really need to take off those blinders.

[/ QUOTE ]

But arent you gratefull that Walmart is there for us to buy their products. They only open their doors because THEY CARE FOR US. Money has nothing to do with it. That 80 year old greeter is a millionaire and just hangs out to meet new and exciting people.