• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have a idea for geting more ppl here

G

Lets all challenge FL they seem to be running other shard to zerg them.If we can get like half of them to come !!!

Just my 2 cents.

R

Rykus

They can't transfer here. This has been brought up before, and a few of the FL responded by saying that if they can't Xfer, they won't come.

Besides, who really wants a HUGE zerg guild here that's 5x larger than the whole current population? I don't and would probably quit outright if that happened. I'd rather have more FUN PvP, not YAZAG (Yet Another Zerg Alliance or Guild).

Gimicks don't work long-term. This shard, this GAME, needs so much work it's not funny. If the core of the game was working well and the systems within the game were designed to entice and entertain people, this topic wouldn't even come up. Until the UO team, devs and management both, make a game and a shard (Siege specifically) worth leaving other games (WoW or whatever) and PRSs, then UO ans Siege are going to continue to decline and atrophy until they pull the plug.

However, from the recent news, it sounds like this very thing *may* be happening. I'm not holding my breath on this one, but the current team certainly has been making some real progress lately.

I suppose we'll see what happens eh?

G

I'd love to see a zerg come. I recall there being plenty of drama when Akasha and his guild made the move. Granted they ended up leaving, but the time they were here, the shard had a renewed vigor.

Large guilds are fun...a guild like HOT from Atlantic or Fl or any of the others would be welcome here imo. Not all of the guild would stick around, but then again, getting another dozen to stay would be well worth the recruiting effort. This is where players who were either in the guild or on that shard, come in handy in talking to the GM of these guilds...la

G

If you could transfere 1 char whit 1 item and 100k gold. That would make a few biger guild think of trying out SP i think. If its good or bad i dont know.

G

I have issues with completed players transfering. Fix the skill training system is a better idea imo...la

I

imported_Krystal

omg i would love a zerg to come to SP! sick of logging in and finding no one, or the same old people every day:/

L

`Lynk

The RoT system really would fix your problem.. I started a character here and I only get maybe.. 2 hours a day (if that) to play. When I do play I don't mind working skills, but at the rate I gain my siege character has been put on the back burner.

I have some chars I am tweaking on the prodo shard I play where I don't have to wait 15 minutes between .1 gains.

Is RoT even necessary? Why not just have the same gain rate as other shards. I really don't see a benefit to RoT.

Having no insurance is the only reason I even want to play siege.

G

A few years back Ouji (GM of FL) was at the same town hall a few of us siegers were at. We did challenge him to come to siege and indeed some of FL have alts on here. But his excuse was Ping/lack of gold uber items/time taking to train a char (*coughs* pompous ass, coward *coughs*)...ECT.
Basicly he/they didn't want to give up the advantage they have on other shards; this being able to take a overwhelming number of players to any shard already set up and ready to do there happy little zerg thing.
Also the lack of insurance and the disgust siege has for people who are, shall we say maturity impaired (1337 DooDs need not apply) would seriously impair there abilities here.

G

The only reason that I like ROT is because you can GM crafting skills without wasting tons of resources which, in my opinion, is kind of an exploit.

GMing Smithing, Carpentry, Tailoring on Prodo shards was such a pain in the rump. ROT means instant gains even if it is only 2.1 per day.

Going from 100.0 of any skill to 120.0 must be a breeze on Siege with instant gain ROT (although I haven't tried to get legendary in anything yet). All you need is a little patience to gain your 2.1 per day.

G

RoT is needed imo, it just needs to be tweeked. Cap the gains at twice or 3 times their current totals, would be fine with me. It can't like the standard shards where someone can 6x 120 a toon within a week of sparatic gameplay.

I believe that alone would entice a lot of people to spend more time here. The other big thing is housing, but if we want to keep the shard from getting a bunch of people just placing houses here, I think the current 1 house per account rules should stay in place. Otherwise, all of the housing would be gone withina few days...la

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

I'd love to see a zerg come. I recall there being plenty of drama when Akasha and his guild made the move. Granted they ended up leaving, but the time they were here, the shard had a renewed vigor.

Large guilds are fun...a guild like HOT from Atlantic or Fl or any of the others would be welcome here imo. Not all of the guild would stick around, but then again, getting another dozen to stay would be well worth the recruiting effort. This is where players who were either in the guild or on that shard, come in handy in talking to the GM of these guilds...la

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly agree with this. There's no way ALL of a big guild would come over. Something like when the WAKAs came to Siege would be great though. They were enough to stimulate the shard but not so many that you were outnumbered 20 to 1 everywhere you go. My objection is to 200-300 people from the same guild, who are widely known for scripting/cheating, coming to Siege with their Trammy PvP mentality and ruining what fun we have left. This would "force" the current Siege population to either quit, do nothing, or adapt those tactics to compete, or so many of the current Siege population would claim. THAT, is what I'm opposed to.

G

It's not like were aren't used to big guilds "cheating" here. It happens all of the time. I'm just shocked that so many of you seem to tollerate their cheating by still playing against them.

Ignoring them, will either get them to stop, or leave. It's happend in our past. Player justice works so much better than waiting for the developers to step in...la

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

RoT is needed imo, it just needs to be tweeked. Cap the gains at twice or 3 times their current totals, would be fine with me. It can't like the standard shards where someone can 6x 120 a toon within a week of sparatic gameplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I disagree. Someone moving to Siege won't be able to 6x 120 a toon within a week of sparatic gameplay, because they won't have scrolls and no real means to get them. So ya, I could 7x a mage in about 5 days - assuming I had an LRC suit. Whats wrong with that? Wouldn't you rather see 50 new mages running around than seeing.. well, no one because they are all stealth archers.

If I did that and then joined a guild to do champ spawns, It would probably take me like 2 months to get all 120d out.

G

I have no idea who you are or how long you have played the shard. But the last time a group came to Siege, they got involved rather quickly. Playing as a group helped them over look the fact that their skills weren't at the level of the competition. That's how it should be marketed. Do you really believe the system is going to be changed anytime soon?

If so, that right there tells me you are new to the shard. Nothing happens quickly when it relates to Siege. Do you recall publish 16? I think it took 6 months for Siege to get it implimented. RoT is here and will not change anytime soon. tweaking it is the only way it will be changed in the next year or so.

Sorry for being so harsh, but I like to think realistically as opposed to pie in the sky changes...la

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

I have no idea who you are or how long you have played the shard. But the last time a group came to Siege, they got involved rather quickly. Playing as a group helped them over look the fact that their skills weren't at the level of the competition. That's how it should be marketed. Do you really believe the system is going to be changed anytime soon?

If so, that right there tells me you are new to the shard. Nothing happens quickly when it relates to Siege. Do you recall publish 16? I think it took 6 months for Siege to get it implimented. RoT is here and will not change anytime soon. tweaking it is the only way it will be changed in the next year or so.

Sorry for being so harsh, but I like to think realistically as opposed to pie in the sky changes...la

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been playing Siege for long, and I rarely play there now as it is - because of RoT.

I'm also not contesting that EA will drag their feet on making a change, or that they will ever even make a change.

I was just disagreeing with your opinion that RoT is needed and just needs to be tweaked, where I am of the opinion that it should be removed all together.

You gave your opinion, I argued, that is how discussion threads work, yes? ...la (whatever the hell that is)

L

`Lynk

Only because you can't argue with someone who doesn't have valid arguments.

L

`Lynk

I'm not sure which is more irritating.

Fayhled Dreams typing with 1 million emoticons and using '....' every fourth word per message.

Example: So..... you think you are... good?
... Maybe ...

but .... maybe not .... ?

or

...la after every post.

Example: Here is my pointless post. ..la

G

What does " la " mean anyways?

They have been saying that for YEARS on UO

Where did it come from?

Does anybody know it's true origin?

I

imported_Krystal

ya know we been talking and talking about this on UOhall and here, and they aren't doing crap. How hard is it to go in thier code and change a couple of numbers?? this is stupid! they are just letting our shard die and dont give a crap about us!! seriously how long has it been? 6 months now since we asked them to change rot? We play the game, we know more then them what our shard needs!!!

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

ya know we been talking and talking about this on UOhall and here, and they aren't doing crap. How hard is it to go in thier code and change a couple of numbers?? this is stupid! they are just letting our shard die and dont give a crap about us!! seriously how long has it been? 6 months now since we asked them to change rot? We play the game, we know more then them what our shard needs!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Start inundating them with feedback. I try to do it a few times a week myself. I would strongly encourage EVERYONE to do it. These go straight to Jeremy's inbox, as stated here. It may not be instant results like we may want, but it's been said TIME AFTER TIME that this is the most effective way to communicate issues, and majority wins.

I would suggest one thing when writing a feedback report. Don't go into great detail about how you think RoT should be changed. Just make a simple post about how Siege needs RoT fixed badly. They will more than likely solicit feedback from us before they make a change anyway.

*edit* - Hee is an example of one of my recent feedback posts. Feel free to use it:

PLEASE fix RoT. Our shard is dying a slow, agonizing death. RoT in it's current form has been identified through several different polls as the major reason new people don't bother coming to Siege. The current RoT system was appropriate for skill gain when the cap per skill was 100, but it is now 120 and can take six months or more of constant training to complete just SEVEN skills. This is unacceptable and it needs to be addressed sooner than later.

Thank you,
Siege Citizen

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

It's not like were aren't used to big guilds "cheating" here. It happens all of the time. I'm just shocked that so many of you seem to tollerate their cheating by still playing against them.

Ignoring them, will either get them to stop, or leave. It's happend in our past. Player justice works so much better than waiting for the developers to step in...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Your use of the term "big guilds" is relative. A "big guild" on Siege can be 40+ people. The size of a "big guild" that I'm referring to is in excess of 200 people. This would be detrimental to Siege's future if a group like that were to come over, bringing with them their Trammy attitude, complete with cheats/scripts.

Lynk, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I fully support that. However, please understand that without the benefit of a certain level of familiarity with Siege's past, and current situation, it may be difficult to understand why so many of us feel RoT is indeed necessary on Siege. We do want it tweaked, but feel it would be a mistake to remove it completely. The biggest reason is that Siege tends to have more mature players who have the patience to work with RoT. In essence, RoT helps to weed out the instant gratification crowd, who are often associated with being the win-at-all-costs cheater/scripter types who wants to be up and running in a week, complete with 120 scrolls and high-end weps. Many of us here enjoy playing the game rather than just being here to "win". Not saying that "winning UO" isn't a valid playstyle, but not everyone feels that way.

In short, RoT is one of the things that have prevented mega-zerg guilds from coming here en masse, killing everything that moves and removing the fun from a large portion of the Siege population.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Besides, who really wants a HUGE zerg guild here that's 5x larger than the whole current population?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hehe, look at what JSV used to be , and look at them now. Two guilds banded together to take care of them. If a zerg were to come here the Siege population would adapt and survive just as it has before.

I

imported_Krystal

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Start inundating them with feedback. I try to do it a few times a week myself. I would strongly encourage EVERYONE to do it. These go straight to Jeremy's inbox, as stated here. It may not be instant results like we may want, but it's been said TIME AFTER TIME that this is the most effective way to communicate issues, and majority wins.

I would suggest one thing when writing a feedback report. Don't go into great detail about how you think RoT should be changed. Just make a simple post about how Siege needs RoT fixed badly. They will more than likely solicit feedback from us before they make a change anyway.

*edit* - Hee is an example of one of my recent feedback posts. Feel free to use it:

PLEASE fix RoT. Our shard is dying a slow, agonizing death. RoT in it's current form has been identified through several different polls as the major reason new people don't bother coming to Siege. The current RoT system was appropriate for skill gain when the cap per skill was 100, but it is now 120 and can take six months or more of constant training to complete just SEVEN skills. This is unacceptable and it needs to be addressed sooner than later.

Thank you,
Siege Citizen

[/ QUOTE ]

K. i sent him another letter, hopefully everyone reading this thread will do the same!!

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

They can't transfer here. This has been brought up before, and a few of the FL responded by saying that if they can't Xfer, they won't come.

Besides, who really wants a HUGE zerg guild here that's 5x larger than the whole current population? I don't and would probably quit outright if that happened. I'd rather have more FUN PvP, not YAZAG (Yet Another Zerg Alliance or Guild).

[/ QUOTE ]

I do... I want an enemy that actually poses a challenge in beating.

For me 1/2 the fun is in the challenge... the other 1/2 is in stomping their face in after I've conquered that challenge.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Your use of the term "big guilds" is relative. A "big guild" on Siege can be 40+ people. The size of a "big guild" that I'm referring to is in excess of 200 people. This would be detrimental to Siege's future if a group like that were to come over, bringing with them their Trammy attitude, complete with cheats/scripts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being that I'm on atlantic... and I've built up a trammy guild who is now the 9th largest... maybe 8th? and I'm also in HOT (the 2nd largest)

I can tell you that 5 chars per account... inflates true numbers... DRASTICALLY.

Theres more sure... but, the guilds are about the same size, player-wise as the big guys here.

More and more of you sound like wussies... grow a pair already... srsly.

G

hmmmm coming from someone who play a trammy shard now?

Come back here and play with us !!!

I

imported_Krystal

Everyone lives in the past, well THE PAST IS GONE!! We gotta work on today, the present and future of SP!

R

Rykus

Effective leaders don't speak to their flock in a condescending tone or tell constantly them how stupid they are. They give people a reason to follow them, believe in them, and have faith that they will fight for them, no matter what.

Take that how you will, and I have no doubt you'll think I'm wrong, but whatever. If you want people to follow you and rally behind you, learn how to lead. I don't mean leading people who already agree with you, that's easy. The tough part is persuading the rest that your goals are in their best interest. You have quite a few good qualities of an effective leader and in time I have no doubt you'll learn the rest.

Just something to think about...

G

<blockquote><hr>

This community has tried to take a massive dump on any and all of my efforts to enhance things for them on this shard since day ONE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look to your attitude, your treatment of others, and most of all, yourself, for the answer to that riddle...

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

I don't think you're wrong... at all.

I'm not a leader, nor do I want to be... I don't have the time nor the patience for it.

I simply do what I believe others ought to be doing already. I started the whole "come to Siege, Siege is great" rally on UOHall almost 2 years ago... I've brought plenty of people here to this shard and constantly continue to. I tell people about Siege all the time when I'm on Atlantic.... and I go to as many player run siege events as I possibly can. I've thought long and hard in order to put together plenty of well thought-out posts with suggestions to make this shard better and more balanced for everyone. I've put together events and ideas that I've presented to the community to "run with" should they be willing to take a chance at something great. I've helped as many newbs build chars as I possibly could... and some.

I've done all of this even as an enemy to the majority of you... I've constantly and consistantly done... my part.

What I don't tolerate (and this was what I was saying up above...) is the droves of those who complain and moan about the state of things but have never done jack-diddly squat to improve anything.

No Rykus... You're 100% right about Siege needing a leader and this is the one major thing this community has been lacking for-forever now.

I'm nobody's leader here... but, I do my part and I'll be damned if people don't respect the efforts I've put into this shard for no reason other than not liking me for how I say things... as has been the case damn near every single time.

The moral of my post?

More should do their part... from one guy, to the next.

Maybe then... we'll finally get somewhere.

R

Rykus

Word...

I can only suggest that you find a way to encourage others to see your perspective. You obviously have the passion to carry the flag, make it worth your time and get more than a handful to join you. A little diplomacy goes a long way..

Now, in regard to your earlier post. I sometimes forget that prodo shards have 5, 6, or 7 char slots and that it would certainly contribute to an inflated guild roster. Perhaps a mass invasion would be good for Siege, but I still don't feel getting rid of RoT is the answer, like some suggest. I haven't made my mind up about Xfers either, but I do believe that allowing someone to place a second house, with restrictions, on Siege would be a good thing. The house should require old-style refreshing, complete with IDOC status after 7 days of no refresh (opening the front door). These second houses should also only be allowed in the more desolate areas away from towns and gates. This way it wouldn't interfere with people who play Siege as their primary shard.

Just a few thoughts, +1 post count.. heh

G

You know, thinking back to the good old Fred/Bob days... lots of folks with minimal skills, running around mostly naked...

if FL are as big as ye (and they) claim they are, even if they all locked their starting skills as 50 points in 2 random skills, and never gained any more skill, they could probably take down any single guild on the shard by sheer force of numbers. Especially around Luna, with nearby healers.

So, aye, I second the *cough* pretentious coward *cough* style comments.

G

The basic fact of the matter is if a guild is going to come they will come no matter whether ping or whatever. I have returned to UO for one reason. To play siege. That may not mean much, But I am in Australia. I ping 250 as a minimum on a great day. Averaging maybe 300. I don't care.

I want to play here because its a challenge. I did everything that I wanted to do on normal shards. I had 500m sitting in my bank, a 300m suit on a char, rares out the rear but I got bored.

Siege means a new start, a harder start. It might just be worth it.

I

imported_bouche835

<blockquote><hr>

I have issues with completed players transfering. Fix the skill training system is a better idea imo...la

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree if they would change the skill training system I would be in a heart beat.