• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have a dream. (Bring Chaos/Order back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brucie Kibbutz

Devs, I see none of you have responded to this thread yet. Hopefully you will due to the overwhelming positive response of wanting to reimplement this system back into the game.

I am not responding to this troll, as he is fat from eating today once again. I am simply quoting the oppositions best arguement for the devs to see, which is very weak at best.

In order to have accountability, ONE MUST JOIN A SIDE FIRST!!! And if one makes that voluntary choice, KNOWINGLY what befalls when joining.....alls fair in love and war.

Devs?
Does anyone know why it was stopped to begin with? Was it to push factions or was it because British and Blackthorn left?

If a dev could get in on this it would be grand:dunce:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know why it was stopped to begin with? Was it to push factions or was it because British and Blackthorn left?

Unless it was stopped for story-line purposes, I think factions is the best guess.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Age of shadows, The shields became everyday items and order/chaos was shut down I was pretty bummed about it, All my characters were in either order or chaos, I loved the feeling of an orange attacking me at WBB tram. When I played WOW I did the same thing and was green the whole time. Order and chaos need to come back was fun stuff, a lot better than factions, But if they allowed factions to fight anywhere like they used to that would be cool too.

V

Vyal

I hate the guy who made the post with the smiley drinking from a cup....

Luv this thread tho make it stiky make sure it's always on the front page so all the devs see it and say time to add some sort of something to fight on all facets,,:dunce:

D

Der Rock

Allowing it in trammel would not effect you in the least bit.

it would.
and btw.this order/chaos thing is only another attempt from bored people to expand their
playground.

there is nothing more depressing for a poser when there is no one who is watching. :)

if you like to have something back, then you have to give something.
give powerscrolls and statscrolls to tram, then you can have chaos/order in tram

D

dreadflame

I must say (even as a non-PVPer) I would like to see Order/Chaos return.

If people want a little more excitement in their life and some new battlegrounds (tokuno, malas, the underworld, etc.) who am I to stop them as long as it doesn't affect me? Heck, watching some duels would actually be added entertainment! :)
Agreed!

It was fun watching the fights years ago.. and I might also give pvp a try this way.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, either some of you will start making use of the "ignore" feature and/or chill OR this thread will eb gone really fast.

V

Vaen Swiftar

I'm not so sure this Enigma guy plays the same game I do. Activating Order and Chaos would require no change to the Trammel rulesets. It also would not harm those who do not wish to participate. Those who enter Order/Chaos do so for the PvP. But not just flat our PvP, for the danger.

For the danger that while hunting for items in Luna, you might be attacked.
For the danger that while hunting ToT's, you might be attacked.
For the danger that while in Doom, you might be attacked.

Throwing guilds into Order/Chaos also adds an element of roleplay, as each side has their basic principles that were at one point KEY to Ultima Online lore. Now that we have a Queen, it could once again become a key point in the lore.

I understand the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, Enigma, when you hear the word PvP, or see that your safe golden mouse cursor has turned a devilish silver. But I believe that in some form O/C will return. Whether it be actual O/C, or the allowance of factions in Trammel. I'm good with either solution, personally. I love to PvP. I welcome it when I'm in Felucca, and I welcome it when I'm in Trammel.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dream of a perfect Ultima is just but one tiny thing that wouldn't hurt anyone that wasn't willing to join. I would like Chaos/Order of old to resume but with one minor adjustment which is already coded out and implimented.

Pvp on any facet with the risk it would come at anytime or place really was the best and the most enjoyable times i've ever had in Ultima. I would love to sport the Chaos tag once again but with a small change adding in the TC1 Kill/Death counter.

The counter should be worked to ignore count farming but other than that no rewards/no stat loss but just some hardy pvp anytime, anywhere. Before anyone speaks negative, i have 4 faction characters already and love it, but one can never get enough PvP.

The codes are already written so it shouldn't be too great of a task, it will not effect anyone who isn't 100% willing to join and there's no special rewards to create.
I agree 100%

I have never posted about it but have said many times over the years to friends and guildmates that I loved Order/Chaos and wish it would return.
It was a great part of early Uo and I have never heard a valid argument as to why it couldnt return asap.
Why force players to only be able to Pvp in Felucca?

Its a very simple concept.

And to the people in this post that are against Order/Chaos for no other reason then the fact that players can already Pvp in Felucca so why Pvp anywhere else, I say Bull*%$#.

1) Non Pvpers can do Every aspect of the game in Felucca yet Felucca Pvpers cannot do the same in Trammel or Malas.

2) The game has quite obviously spread out. For many different reasons all types of players(pvpers & pvmers & roleplayers)are basically forced to play all facets. If you want to vendor shop you may have to leave Felucca so now you are basically forced to go to a land where you cant Pvp.
If you want to gather double resources or do a real Champ spawn you are basically forced to go to Felucca.
If you want to purchase a certain type of home you may have to leave your preferred facet.

These are all valid & realistic reasons why players can be forced onto a facet they dont want to be on.
No real big deal as we all have choices but why not let players Pvp on all facets? Pvp in the same guild means nothing. It is simply sparring.

Order/Chaos would bring back alot of the excitement that left the game for alot of pvpers when other facets were created. And one of the main reasons that it is no comparison to factions is that factions creates & encourages group fighting and ganking. Order/Chaos would simply be a way for like-minded pvpers to have many more chances to have meaningful 1 vs 1 fights anywhere they live or play.

Lastly, it is not an Enigma to me at least that certain people in this very post will ignore the actual written words & somehow deduce in their own heads that anyone pro Chaos/Order is simply Trammel bashing. I honestly feel sorry for these types of people no matter how ridiculous they make themselves sound.

Peace :)

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to add in another one of these: Order/Chaos existed in Trammel already, how does that constitute a rule change?
Oh, ok, we are into just geting post counts.

My reply is, I answered everything and you chose to ignore it. AND AND AND you also chose to ignore all the issues so you didn't reply to anything.

Your turn. :pint:(I have a higher post count than you so, if you don't mind I am going to just let you catch up)

I am sorry Enigma but you were called out by multiple people for your first 2 replies in this thread and you have still not been able to say one word to defend them. They were nothing more then trolls.

Fact - The OP never once mentions Trammel or says one word against Trammel. The OP simply states that he would love to see Order/Chaos restored. And he states this quite clearly & with no bias. Vyal simply states that he would like to be able to fight anywhere, including Tram.

Fact - Enigma Maitreya then posts this: "What is your obsession with PvPing in Trammel? Lets us guess your reply. Well Trammel should never have been made"

Where the fark did you deduce this from? Please enlighten us all with your Sherlock Holmesian genius.

As usual your replies were nothing more then you trying to play armchair psychiatrist & then stating that everything against your view was veiled Trammel bashing. Would you care to do a search of all your recent replies on any topic? Every single time someone is opposed to your opinion you do nothing more then accuse them of being a basher. You can never support you opinions with instances or facts so you just become a half-assed psychiatrist & claim that you have read between the lines.

*shakes head*

S

Splup

Ok here's my 2 cents:

Order/Chaos was great system.

You don't want to PvP, don't join Order or Chaos, you are safe.

You want on/off switch to PvP, join factions (ON= Go felucca, OFF=Go trammel).

You want on/off and no statloss, go to felucca and don't join factions.

Yeah, introduce O/C back, it was nice, thou I like factions more.

G

Gowron

Interesting dilemma.

If Chaos/Order wars get brought back, what will be the impact to Factions?

I'm for bringing it back, though my participation may or may not be there.

For those against it, Why? If you don't like it, don't enter into the fray.

Here is where I will likely get controversial:

Chaos/Order Wars: Anytime/Anywhere...I'm cool with that.

Faction Wars: As the disputed territory is limited to Felucca, it needs to remain there.

Since there are Faction Items, should Order/Chaos Wars have its own set as well?
Would interest be increased with or without Order/Chaos Items?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO they should stick with factions and just change that system to have access to tram.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I
Fact - The OP never once mentions Trammel or says one word against Trammel. The OP simply states that he would love to see Order/Chaos restored. And he states this quite clearly & with no bias.
Quite true. I would not be so passionate about something that would jeopardize anyone's playstyle or ruin fun. I did however try to give some ideas over the main concern about events but have yet to see any ideas by the very people that brought it up.

Interesting dilemma.

If Chaos/Order wars get brought back, what will be the impact to Factions?

Faction Wars: As the disputed territory is limited to Felucca, it needs to remain there.

Since there are Faction Items, should Order/Chaos Wars have its own set as well?
Would interest be increased with or without Order/Chaos Items?
Hopefully there will be no impact on factions. Factions is mainly composed of stealing sigs and guarding. This is not an all day event and O/C will simply provide something else to do inbetween. I look at it like a sammy would deciding on wether to do a mel or a proxy.

The difference between Factions and O/C is that O/C can be played with minimal numbers compared to factions. Anyone that has played factions in the past 6 months knows that most people will not log in unless they have guildmates there as well. O/C i feel people will start logging in with smaller numbers and there's quite a few people in this thread alone that have stated they do not play factions but will give this a try. O/C is the perfect place for people to start pvping and learn for themselves without spending 20min waiting out stat.

No i wouldn't want any added bonus added to O/C at all. The game has been way to item dependant for too long. I feel this is a simple system and would want it back that way. This would also guarantee Factions will still be played.

There's a problem allowing factions in Tram. Some people might feel positive towards adding in town sigs into Tram ruleset towns. Luna will be completely lagged out when people start bringing in faction guards. So i'm against that.

N

northwoodschopper

meh, instead of order/chaos, they should just do something with luna/umbra in malas. i mean, the whole age of shadows was pitched as a war between necromancers and paladins, so why not just implement something like that, have loyalty to either town, and go from there.

V

Vyal

NO reds allow'd in order chaos guilds for starters, fighting on all facets - faction guild can become order chaos as well and kill other faction players in tram for points and stat loss.. Add new factions for Malas, Umbra, Ter Mur, and possibly allow reds to go onto other facets but only fighting against enemy factions..

Say a red goes into tram he becomes blue but going into fel he goes back to red.. Stupid ya but there are worse system then that.. :/

Order Chaos guards back in the game... Add a new type of CTF system for o/c guilds or extend sigils....

To many things in the game can no longer be done without fighting on all facets, I should say so many things COULD be done if it was a option.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allowing it in trammel would not effect you in the least bit.

it would.
and btw.this order/chaos thing is only another attempt from bored people to expand their
playground.

there is nothing more depressing for a poser when there is no one who is watching. :)

if you like to have something back, then you have to give something.
give powerscrolls and statscrolls to tram, then you can have chaos/order in tram

1) Please explain how Order/Chaos fighting will affect you in Trammel?
I am very curious to hear what possible negative impact you foresee. Especially considering the fact that guild fighting(as senseless as it may be)is already a daily reality in Trammel/Malas. Nobody seems to have an issue with players guild figthing in Trammel yet you have an issue with players figthing for Order/Chaos? Ridiculous.

2) You have a problem with people trying to expand their "playground" ??
Do you personally own all the rights to Trammel? Who the fark are you?
You havent mentioned or dont seem to have an issue with "bored" Trammel players expanding their playground to Felucca for double resources though do you?

3) The couple of losers seriously bothered by the lack of powerscrolls in Trammel are certainly not the issue here so why are you bringing up that old dead horse?
The ability to obtain a few meager powerscolls more easily in Trammel is all it takes to sway your opinion? Lol, you are easy & cheap.

4) Your "poser" quote makes absolutely no sense and leaves me feeling genuinely sorry for you & your lack of understanding of the basic English language :(

5) Are you actually just one of Enigma's alter egos?

S

Serine

Lord Blackthorn is dead and buried. May he rest in peace.

Lord British and Lord Blackthorn went with Richard Garriott as I understand it.

Now if they could get Lord British ...errrm I mean Mr. Garriott to come back that would be quite the feat indeed!
I actually found a book today about Lord Blackthorn . And it it says he was able to exist on more than one world at once . So are you sure he is dead :lick: ?

I am for this . And i see no reason what so ever why it could not come back in game . was good times :)

Z

Zyon Rockler

I would really like to see alot more ideas on how it would be done or work so that they just don't turn back on an old system. Alot more depth could be added without making it complicated and alot of ideas could come out of it making UO alot better than it is now.

I would like to see them use the faction system, where they take 2 factions and make them Chaos and take the other 2 factions and make them Order.

What i'm thinking is, is that you earn the Order or Chaos rank, allowing you to wear the tag and it would give you the ability to use faction items where they could add Order and Chaos items that are unique.

They could also add Faction and Order Guards that could patrol the maps or the lands.

To me the Faction System is complicated. You have to have a thief steal a Sig and then you have to do something else and then it's just all to boring.

If you die you have to wait. When somebody takes over a stronghold you don't even know about it. There are some cool things though, and it's a great idea the way it brings different guilds into a large group.

But, really, the only good thing it's good for, unless your into Sigs or have a thief, I guess, is to go to Fel, wait for the enemy, kill the enemy, or get killed by the enemy and then leave, at least in a nut shell.

Maybe, they could make the Order/Chaos The Elite of Factions and build 2 main strongholds. Make them walled with unique traps and awesome fortifying weapons like Rolling Fire Logs, Burning Oil, Catapults, etc...

Most importantly put an Order and Chaos Flag that can be dropped and replaced with the opposing team's flag. If both forts are held for a certain amount of time, the winning team could be given points. The points could allow for earned time in other facets and also a percentage of their earned silver could be pillaged.

Once in the Elite Chaos and Order part of factions, you would be able to avoid stat loss and travel into other facets and wear the Order or Chaos gear.

The reason why I think it's important to have a Flag and a Stronghold is because it gives people a reason to fight and simply by being in the area, would be enough to alert all the members of the invading forces. Pretty simple and alot of fun.

After the time period is over both Strongholds could revert, similar to a champ spawn, resetting Siege weapons, banning the enemy and restarting the timers and flags.

This is just an idea and an opinion because I would just like to see something more put back than just a shield and code of honor.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
morning bumpage....

I say no special items like factions. If you want anything maybe make those 2 shields that drop (Blackthron's Exemplar/Sentinel's Guard) a special hue and make SC or something.

I understand people wanting meaning in the storyline about chaos/order...how about cause Bardie says so?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no reason to implement another allegiance/warring system.

Focus on factions - get it right. Add to it, improve it, expand it. Do not push it aside and implement order/chaos again.

S

Serine

There is no reason to implement another allegiance/warring system.

Focus on factions - get it right. Add to it, improve it, expand it. Do not push it aside and implement order/chaos again.
No reason ?? Just the fact that many players wants it back is reason enough :yell: And who needs faction its been dead for years . Its a joke compared to what it once was .

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost a good idea, but only almost.
let us change the Chaos/Order into a PvP ON/OFF switch on the paperdoll, then i am 100% for PvP on ANY facet

DEAL ?
DEAL! otherwise why have a Trammel? This will never happen without the "opt out" option because Trammel was designed to let you choose to PVP or not to PVP. It's as simple as that.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DEAL! otherwise why have a Trammel? This will never happen without the "opt out" option because Trammel was designed to let you choose to PVP or not to PVP. It's as simple as that.
how about the "opt out" is don't join chaos/order...easy enough on off switch?

V

Vaen Swiftar

Order/Chaos would be for those who ALWAYS want to be PvP-tagged. Having an "opt out" switch for such a thing would just be abused. Want to opt out of it? Don't join Order/Chaos. Every other PvP option has an on/off switch. We want one that doesn't have an on/off switch. And if you are uncomfortable with that, don't join it.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Order/Chaos would be for those who ALWAYS want to be PvP-tagged. Having an "opt out" switch for such a thing would just be abused. Want to opt out of it? Don't join Order/Chaos. Every other PvP option has an on/off switch. We want one that doesn't have an on/off switch. And if you are uncomfortable with that, don't join it.
You want to opt in for PVP at any and all times?

Stay in Fel.

Very simple, no need to program Chaos / Order into the game again. Fel even has towns with no guard zone ;)

No muss no fuss ;)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This thread has lost it's purpose and direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.