• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Demand Faction items are put back on Siege

I Demand Faction items are put back on Siege
Posted by 805connection
UO Siege Perilous
Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:00 AM
Until: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@TheDrAJ I played siege before I ever heard of you, and the reason why was because I heard there was a game where you could kill people and take their things. I was born here, figuratively.

@kelmo, the VvV focus group effectively got a system altered in a way which shies away a very significant player-base from playing. Fact. I wouldn't say that a few VvV arties and junk loot items would be 'competing' when you look at a multiple soul-stone completed character.

Where's BILL O'REILLY?! WE NEED A NO SPIN ZONE!!!!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And you would be wrong. The spin stops here.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No one knows who you are. Everyone knows me... Who is effective?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHAT?!

Are you drinking again?

BTW, to quote you: "You did not ask the community of Siege, You go strait to the Dev team and tell them they got it wrong."

That's EXACTLY what the VVV focus group did.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just saying dude. This is how the game is played.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And your focus group did what?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drink plenty of water, guy. I worry about you sometimes.
The bottom line for those wanting any significant change on Siege is this:

If GIL doesn't support it, it won't happen.

That is hard to read, but that is a fact.

While everyone else has come and gone, tried freeshards, broken into smaller guilds, switched back and forth to prodo, etc, GIL has remained together and become the largest (by a huge margin) playerbase.

If GIL has a problem with the EM, *poof*, new EM. If GIL has a problem with events, *poof*, different events. If GIL wants a town, *poof*, GIL gets a town.

Unless you can convince GIL that changes to the VvV system will benefit them, YOU WILL NEVER SEE THOSE CHANGES.

And that isn't going to change. To get a dissenting playerbase, you would have to attract a large number of outsiders while also getting the smaller non-GIL groups already here to agree.

GIL dominates the housing and trade on Siege more than any guild on any other shard. You past-PKers and wannabe-PVPers are not going to change that by asking on Stratics of all places for change.

Existing players on Siege who aren't GIL will never change that so long as the attitude is "if Siege is too hard for you go to another shard."

I love Siege. I love the ruleset more than any production shard by a country mile. I love a lot of the folks in this thread (including you Kelmo). But there is a reality to the shard that I see a lot of folks trying to deny. And it just isn't fun for me to play on GIL's personal server knowing no matter how many disparate solo players or small guilds I get together, I'll never get a change through if GIL doesn't want it.

That really sucks.

Kelmo, you just validated this post.

Good job, guy. At least someone passive-aggressively admitted it

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I suck at pvp, always wanted to learn but never did. What I should do, is not even reply into this thread, because I really have nothing to offer. Others should do the same, but won't. That's Siege though, and also why the OP will lose the argument, sadly :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
GG you are the man.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's funny - if ya don't shoot your mouth off in general chat - most people have no clue who you are in game.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
2. Feanaro or however you spell it, you claim you want more pvp here, than the minute a couple of pvpers join the shard you hop into there guild???? Wouldnt it have made more sense for you to try to make a group of your own so you would have someone to pvp against.

3. Why did number 2 happen? cause he knows that he cant beat them if he faces them outnumbered. than he would lose his gear. guess what he doesnt want to lose his gear.
Are you really surprised?
It just shows that when push comes to shove he is afraid of some real PvP. He could´ve easily had stayed in B^A and had some guild on guild PvP but nooo...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will never be so powerful as some of the young guys who PvP everyday. I know I do better, when I can afford run in my good armor and with my good bows.
The last week, I had been running in old and cheaper suit and less powerful bows. Feanaro can tell, If I use to sucks, I now die in 3 hit.

I love fighting but item are a problem on Siege. I can't afford that time it take to get resources and build a new suit, I can lose in few min.
If VvV artifacts can make it easier to put a suit together, I'm all for it as long all can use it, also non VvV.

Question to the ones who know more about this VvV artifacts in PvP, what items are used and are they used together with crafted and monster looted stuff?

I could see, if I have a suit, where some pieces are VvV artifacts and imbued to fit my template, I would rather lose a few VvV artifacts and keep my imbued gear. I could easy get back on my feets and be out there trying to PvP again.

The reason we do lose our young PvP'ers are, they can't afford replacing stuff so they just give up. When they give up, the business for the crafters and farmers become very slow too and they may give up too.

There are many ways to help Siege so I beg the Devs at least to try.

Also better drop of runic tools could help, special the heartwood ones.
Increase of SoR from plant growing
Better drop of Artifacts (not the new loot ones)
More basis Luck to get it easier to get good stuff and imbuing resources from Abyss and other places

At least do something to help us @Mesanna

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will never be so powerful as some of the young guys who PvP everyday. I know I do better, when I can afford run in my good armor and with my good bows.
The last week, I had been running in old and cheaper suit and less powerful bows. Feanaro can tell, If I use to sucks, I now die in 3 hit.

I love fighting but item are a problem on Siege. I can't afford that time it take to get resources and build a new suit, I can lose in few min.
If VvV artifacts can make it easier to put a suit together, I'm all for it as long all can use it, also non VvV.

Question to the ones who know more about this VvV artifacts in PvP, what items are used and are they used together with crafted and monster looted stuff?

I could see, if I have a suit, where some pieces are VvV artifacts and imbued to fit my template, I would rather lose a few VvV artifacts and keep my imbued gear. I could easy get back on my feets and be out there trying to PvP again.

The reason we do lose our young PvP'ers are, they can't afford replacing stuff so they just give up. When they give up, the business for the crafters and farmers become very slow too and they may give up too.

There are many ways to help Siege so I beg the Devs at least to try.

Also better drop of runic tools could help, special the heartwood ones.
Increase of SoR from plant growing
Better drop of Artifacts (not the new loot ones)
More basis Luck to get it easier to get good stuff and imbuing resources from Abyss and other places

At least do something to help us @Mesanna
I don't know if you're arguing for or against VvV arties...However, your post sums up the exact reasons why this shard would benefit from having those artifacts.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Are you really surprised?
It just shows that when push comes to shove he is afraid of some real PvP. He could´ve easily had stayed in B^A and had some guild on guild PvP but nooo...
WTF you so worried about what I do, or the rest of the shard for that matter? No one in BA PVPs or looks for PVP. Im starting to think you have some real issues man. Constantly stalking people to report them in game for stupid ****. Stalking them on other forums to try and get information about them. Think you need to take a step back from this game for real.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't know if you're arguing for or against VvV arties...However, your post sums up the exact reasons why this shard would benefit from having those artifacts.
I'm not sure I know myself but I know something need to be done to help the shard.
I do want all to be able to use them if added and I believe there should be other ways to get them, than from Silver.
Also I don't know how much silver they should cost

What I really want is to she the whole shard get more players and a better balance between wolves and sheep, right now, the wolves have very hard making it here and the crafters do not have customers so the vendors are few and not well stocked

And I'm not speaking about the HI5 group of wolves but all the others we had lost over the years.

For the HI5 group, I hope they will show the shard, they can try to own the shard without using cheat of any kind. I believe they can do it as they should not need cheat to kill the few PvP'ers and the non PvP'ers on Siege. If they really need to cheat to help them PvP, they really must sucks.

Last edited:

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure I know myself but I know something need to be done to help the shard.
I do want all to be able to use them if added and I believe there should be other ways to get them, than from Silver.
Also I don't know how much silver they should cost

What I really want is to she the whole shard get more players and a better balance between wolves and sheep, right now, the wolves have very hard making it here and the crafters do not have customers so the vendors are few and not well stocked

And I'm not speaking about the HI5 group of wolves but all the others we had lost over the years.

For the HI5 group, I hope they will show the shard, they can try to own the shard without using cheat of any kind. I believe they can do it as they should not need cheat to kill the few PvP'ers and the non PvP'ers on Siege. If they really need to cheat to help them PvP, they really must sucks.
Hold on @kelmo I got this one. If you dont like the way things are you can just get out! Oh yea Trammel is that way ------->

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hold on @kelmo I got this one. If you dont like the way things are you can just get out! Oh yea Trammel is that way ------->
Hope you do not think I said all in the group do use cheat, I know you do not and I doubt a new guild tag will changes that :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
WTF you so worried about what I do, or the rest of the shard for that matter? No one in BA PVPs or looks for PVP. Im starting to think you have some real issues man. Constantly stalking people to report them in game for stupid ****. Stalking them on other forums to try and get information about them. Think you need to take a step back from this game for real.
So reading a forum is considered stalking these days..?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Also I will still try my best to fight you, even when I do poorly and refuse to changes template :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
[/USER]
Then they are weak and do not belong.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the people of Siege ask me nicely I will come back and end this new pvp threat. I fight for Siege.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I suck at pvp, always wanted to learn but never did. What I should do, is not even reply into this thread, because I really have nothing to offer. Others should do the same, but won't. That's Siege though, and also why the OP will lose the argument, sadly :)
I do to, but since you, and I play on Siege,. Being part of the Siege community we do have a voice, because any changes will effect all of us.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bo you can't run prodo style templates without insurance. I would never base my Siege template off of +skill items like I do on literally every prodo PvP suit. +120 skill on my mystic parry mage, +80 skill on my mystic DP scribe mage, +50 skill on my nerve strike death strike char, +35 skill on my archer, etc...

I have to literally run like, 6x 120 on siege because I can't depend on a suit. I also can't base my stats off of my suit, so I have to run real base stats which is also prohibitive. Like, you can't run a proper healing parry mage on siege. VvV arties would not make this possible, by the way. All it would do is make some disarmable mages pop up (hint hint run disarm) due to crystalline/orny.

VvV wearables, literally, can be excluded completely by having a properly imbued suit. News flash, new PvPers (1 char slot, guys), can't do that. Like, how hard is this to understand? These focus group guys got the one thing (which they knew was the *one* thing) that could keep prodo-style PvPers from sticking around on Siege, removed. They want their own shard.

Disgusting.
Why should new pvpers not have to prep and build characters like everyone else? I don't see wy having to work a skill is a huge disadvantage. It's not like they will be skilled to pvp right away, anyhow.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you noticed it is the same people calling for more arties that talk about "the good old days" before items!

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with the old artifacts is that only factions could use them. Let everyone be able to use vVv artifacts and problem solved. I'm a crafter I don't see how this negatively effects my type of character.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If anyone could wear them (VvV or not VvV) i would be all in favor.

Faction gear was just a way to help kill not faction people and I hope VvV doesn't turn the same way.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with the old artifacts is that only factions could use them. Let everyone be able to use vVv artifacts and problem solved. I'm a crafter I don't see how this negatively effects my type of character.
Made it a good reason to join a faction :) Hardly a problem.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not really.
There will still be a power gap between VvVers and non-VvVers.

Let´s say I kill Joe VvV and takes his artifacts. 5 mins later, after a click on an NPC he has replaced those powerful pieces. Not very Siegey.
Now let´s say he killed me instead. It now takes me 1-2 months of Doom and peerless farming to replace my less powerful versions of those artifacts.

So the VvVers basically have those gear slots "insured" by being able to just click a button and replace the lost ones.
And the non-PvPers have to either kill a usually more experienced PvPer or farm for a long time.

It has never been as balanced as it is now. Everyone has access to the same gear. Be it by crafting or farming.
Re-introduce these artifacts and the clusterduck known as faction artifacts will be repeated.

Artifacts are to be earned, not to be taken for granted.

And yes, every PvPer will claim that they can´t do this and they can´t do that without these items but that´s just bs to try and convince the devs that they need them, which they don´t.
This PvMer has been PvPing on Siege for about 5 years without any faction/VvV artifacts and I do just fine. I win some, I lose some.

And any PvPer claiming that he can´t PvP without these arties should really reconsider his profession in UO.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think what people just dont understand is

We should be able to obtain PvP items while we pvp... Just like any other game.. Especially when the supplies are limited. Back prior to faction arties we even had a good/evil system that allowed u to pl
Not really.
There will still be a power gap between VvVers and non-VvVers.

Let´s say I kill Joe VvV and takes his artifacts. 5 mins later, after a click on an NPC he has replaced those powerful pieces. Not very Siegey.
Now let´s say he killed me instead. It now takes me 1-2 months of Doom and peerless farming to replace my less powerful versions of those artifacts.

So the VvVers basically have those gear slots "insured" by being able to just click a button and replace the lost ones.
And the non-PvPers have to either kill a usually more experienced PvPer or farm for a long time.

It has never been as balanced as it is now. Everyone has access to the same gear. Be it by crafting or farming.
Re-introduce these artifacts and the clusterduck known as faction artifacts will be repeated.

Artifacts are to be earned, not to be taken for granted.

And yes, every PvPer will claim that they can´t do this and they can´t do that without these items but that´s just bs to try and convince the devs that they need them, which they don´t.
This PvMer has been PvPing on Siege for about 5 years without any faction/VvV artifacts and I do just fine. I win some, I lose some.

And any PvPer claiming that he can´t PvP without these arties should really reconsider his profession in UO.
They are earned from farming... Doing VVV earns you points.. 2k vvv points takes a bit of time to farm

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is an MMORPG.

Crafters craft, farmers farm for items/ingredients and PvPers PvP.
If you want something crafted, you craft it or buy from a crafter. If you want something farmed, you farm it or buy from a farmer. If you want to PvP, you PvP.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See, as a 100% PVMer I have a very genuine perspective on this PvP-drama and the ever-repeating drama that lifts it's ugly head every 2-3 weeks proved my point which stems from utter conviction: Most prodo PvPers are nacristic crybabies with zero frustration-tolerance and a consumism-mentality. The main explaining factor for the playstyle of most of them is a light sociopathic personality disorder. They are like kids who want love and success and throw away their toys if thing dont work fast enough and in a way that pleases them.

A true PVMer, on the other hand, knows that he has to try 50, 100, 500 times to get a certain piece. You have to be patient, decent, focused. RNG is your Lord and crying wont bring you anywhere. True and good PVMers are like Buddhists, they have a stoic mind, friendly and helpful and clear.

We are the better ones. PVPers are sissies. We rule. We rule the market, we rule the game. Trammel or Felucca. Everywhere. PVPers are a pathetic bunch of ball-comparing losers. And regardless how often we get killed, we will always win. As we are the many, the patient, the organized. We chose where to play and the game is far too big for you to find us. You all know that. And when you come, we have dozens of ways out and you wont get us.

Most of you are angry, frustrated Childs with zero patience. And we will stay while we watch the exodus of peeps like you. Like it happened in all those years. And for every single one of you that leaves, we light a candle, put a grin on our faces and loot your falling houses. Mwahahahaha! I love this game so much. I always win!

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You seem to be leaning on insult over logic yourself.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL man no wonder all you guys are unemployed you have zero Logic!
Whenever I read one of your or Zora's posts, two words pop up in my head, "duel" and "banjo". I can´t figure out why though...