• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Demand Faction items are put back on Siege

I Demand Faction items are put back on Siege
Posted by 805connection
UO Siege Perilous
Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:00 AM
Until: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
To the Marketing guy Behind Siege.

It's hard enough to pvp in an item based game on a hardcore style server. I have no problem with the loot rules. But you are really hindering anyone who would like to PVP on here. anyone who wants to move to siege and pk and really play the server to its full potential is being penalized. If faction items are arties are such an issue on siege. Why didn't you just keep it as a classic Server

Why don't you also offer soulstones for VVV towns either and Faction Arty Turn in points.

VVV is there to help people who want to pvp get items. Do you know how hard it is for me to farm on a Red Mage?

You are 100% made this server unplayable for the modern UO player.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO!! This would ruin Siege! Lots of PVP goes on without all the high end faction arties.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
NO!! This would ruin Siege! Lots of PVP goes on without all the high end faction arties.
Who are you ingame again? I dont think I have ever seen GIL in a VvV town outside of when they play trammel rules on Sundays.

You say there is lots of pvp here, but there is a problem. YOU DONT PVP. I am out there everytime I log in looking for fights. The pvp here has never been more dead.

Im not for arties or against them at this point. The truth of the matter is I really dont give a **** any more. Dont sit there and say it would ruin siege, because without them pvp has completely died here.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It is not hard to PvP on Siege. We do not need vending machine crutches. There are dozens of shards with your VvV artifacts. Go play there.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You have seen me Feanaro and also killed me a couple times. How do you think Ive gotten all those return points?

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't like the old faction system. I felt it was made for larger groups, with alot of time. which siege obviously does not have. Now I'm not sayn we need vending machines either, we all have the same handicap. But let's face it, pvmers here is no different than it is on prodo except we run more risk. We can get pked anywhere and in some cases be looted by monsters. Also the handicapped gear we run is barley enough to keep up with the newer monsters. Hardly anyone will wear high end stuff cuz they are afraid of loosing it.

Increase the legendary item drop rate. In crease the artifact drop rate. This promotes people farming, which promotes pKS hunting, which promotes pvp without to much risk for the hunter and opportunity for the past.

This is a felt russet server, there absolutely needs to be more dying on this shard or its all for not

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@ the PvPers.

Learn how to fight without the VvV artifacts. This ain´t prodo.
PK PvMers. They usually have some good stuff on them.
Buy armor. You don´t have to have the best of the best items. I sell decent parts in Zento. Syeron has vendors on Fire island with high-end pieces and I´ve seen other vendors as well selling armor and jewelry.
Can´t find any on vendors or farm them yourself? Build relationships with farmers/imbuers. Protect them while they farm and split the loot.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This server has been a ghost town and it has potential to be a home for some pvpers. I’ve been on Siege for a long time going back to OPP and KGB days as well as OTF.

I feel the VVV system is perfect for Siege because it allows people to PvP. It allows PvPers to stay outside of dungeons and focus on fighting one another.

It allows PvPers to farm Deco Items with their PVP points to make gold instead of going out and killing monsters all day
And trust me faction VVV arties are nice but they are nothing close to top end legendries. It’s a starting ground for pvp items.

But right now its either you have really nice end top tier **** or you don’t pvp…. Then you die and you log off for 3 months till you get an itch again.. I understand you people love having your own personal server but Removing Faction Arties from a Hardcore PVP server is unacceptable. You might as well make this server just a no felucca server

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@ the PvPers.

Learn how to fight without the VvV artifacts. This ain´t prodo.
PK PvMers. They usually have some good stuff on them.
Buy armor. You don´t have to have the best of the best items. I sell decent parts in Zento. Syeron has vendors on Fire island with high-end pieces and I´ve seen other vendors as well selling armor and jewelry.
Can´t find any on vendors or farm them yourself? Build relationships with farmers/imbuers. Protect them while they farm and split the loot.
You thnking that VVV items is high end armor really shows how little you know about PvP or items in this game.. Please don't respond in this thread again

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Your comments show how little you understand Siege of today.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You thnking that VVV items is high end armor really shows how little you know about PvP or items in this game.. Please don't respond in this thread again
Where did I say they were?

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have no problem farming. There are tons of reason to farm, but VVV gear is starting gear so use pvpers don't need to blow some stealth tamer to get gear. It allows us to be self sufficient.. And when I have my crappy orny and vvv hat and crimson and Crystline ring and ... that Just took me 1 day to farm I can go and hunt and pvm.

I'll go pvming for sleeves legs and arm and gloves.. and other pieces when I die... you guys seriously took out the staring point on this server and only made it playable to people who play siege full time...you have pretty much killed the integrity of the server and have prohibited from anyone else coming here to have fun and pvp and enjoy the uniqueness of the siege rule set..

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is Sunday only to promote more pvp'ers.
So you admit a mistake was made that killed pvp and you need to do a no loot event in order to justify your actions?
I love siege my friends love siege but, you have prohibited a majority of the uo pvp community from playing here so you thirty people could make more money and have your own personal server. Can someone tell me which Dev removed the arties?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
PvP was killed when you PKers could not find anyone to PK... heaven forbid you fight and dry loot each other. You guys never really wanted a fight, you merely wanted targets. You were the ones that left. We stayed and made the shard our own. I really cracks me up when you guys get nostalgic and wish for the old days. Those days are gone.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
PvP was killed when you PKers could not find anyone to PK... heaven forbid you fight and dry loot each other. You guys never really wanted a fight, you merely wanted targets. You were the ones that left. We stayed and made the shard our own. I really cracks me up when you guys get nostalgic and wish for the old days. Those days are gone.
I could care less about killing people who cant fight... I want to play VVV control the VVV towns and sell deco to the fine citizens of Siege I also want to control that market. (which is the entire purpose of VVV)

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is so much of that deco stuff from vvv hidden amongst our chests, there is no way for you to control the market...rofl

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I want to play VVV control the VVV towns and sell deco to the fine citizens of Siege I also want to control that market. (which is the entire purpose of VVV)
Nothing other than yourself is stopping you from trying to reach that goal.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really doesnt matter items, or no items everyone dies. No high end item is going to make you better at pvping or pking it might prolong your life for a sec or so.Learn to pvp or just go out have fun or die trying :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What sort of thread is this? An event? I really have not kept up with all of the new Stratics tricks as well as I should have. I was just noticing that the thread has a time limit...

"I Demand Faction items are put back on Siege
Posted By 805connection

UO Siege Perilous
Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(ends Friday, July 15, 2016 - 05:00 PM)
Timezone: America/Los_Angeles"

Anyway..."I Demand" is a pretty strong lead. I was hoping for some amazing rhetoric that might sway the opinions of the folks that play Siege exclusively. I was kind of disappointed. I guess it is rather difficult to just log in and expect to be a PK (your words) with out putting any effort into it. If the "full potential" of Siege is to merely supply you with targets then it is you that has not a clue as to what Siege is about. You are asking for an easy button so that you can compete. Earn it.

Who is the "Marketing guy Behind Siege" anyway? Just wondering.

As far as making it a "classic Server", that never has been nor ever will be on the table. I would not want to be on a static shard that never offers change.

What is difficult about farming on a "Red Mage"?

Please define "modern UO player".

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
VVV is a pvp System that is a way for pvpers to farm and get gear, It’s not instant as you say. You still need to capture the town, and each town would offer you maybe 300 to 400 points before the next battle starts.

If the algorithm is still the same. I still need to capture 1500 points per item!

Nothing is easy about this if more people are activity trying to accomplish the same goal as myself. I have to fight for each town, while the people who farm are out making gold. My way of farming would be to sell deco that I obtain from doing VVV, as well as exp potions stat potions and mounts.

When I do manage to die I still need to farm up 6k faction points again to replace the 3 items I’ve been using. While once again battling people who currently having the same objective as myself. Siege is the perfect server for VVV and for items in VVV.

At one time this server was great, we had a strong pvp community and each pvp group and a farming guild at their side. To do Doom with or spawns.

I don’t want to spend my time killing people in a dungeon, I would rather do cities and pvp in towns.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Not here it is not. You get deco and we like it that way.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I will never embrace a system of rewards and prizes that is not available to every player.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just make it so anyone can wear and use the arties - so if i am a non VvV player and i kill a VvV player i can loot and use his arties as well as his suit etc.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I will never embrace a system of rewards and prizes that is not available to every player.
It is available to every player. Just join vvv. Many people have said they would play here if suit building wasnt so difficult. All you do is tell them to go somewhere else. Do you want more people to play here or not? Im guessing you only want your kind of players to actually play.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If all can wear and use the arties and they can come both from VvV and from improved artifacts drop on spawn, I think all would be fine.
The problem I had with old Farties was, red faction players was using them to PvP with and I saw many non faction give up trying to PvP as the reds had advantage both from better PvP skill as they did fight a lot more and from better item.

The problem we have now with items is it's to hard to put a PvP suit together, I do believe it would be easier with access to this artifacts.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If all can wear and use the arties and they can come both from VvV and from improved artifacts drop on spawn, I think all would be fine.
The problem I had with old Farties was, red faction players was using them to PvP with and I saw many non faction give up trying to PvP as the reds had advantage both from better PvP skill as they did fight a lot more and from better item.

The problem we have now with items is it's to hard to put a PvP suit together, I do believe it would be easier with access to this artifacts.

Freya,

If the faction arties are usable by any player then I feel we are then giving out free items, at least every single person needs to participate in the vvv event in order to get items

As prior where all you needed to do was go afk with a tamer in a dungeon to collect silver. But no one pvps with a orny or a hat of the magi or any faction arty. only the cincture because its 2nd and 3rd tier pvp items.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Freya,

If the faction arties are usable by any player then I feel we are then giving out free items, at least every single person needs to participate in the vvv event in order to get items

As prior where all you needed to do was go afk with a tamer in a dungeon to collect silver. But no one pvps with a orny or a hat of the magi or any faction arty. only the cincture because its 2nd and 3rd tier pvp items.
I
I've heard of tamers afking in trammel, but to do it in fel or even on Seige sounds kinda suicidal to me.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is available to every player. Just join vvv. Many people have said they would play here if suit building wasnt so difficult. All you do is tell them to go somewhere else. Do you want more people to play here or not? Im guessing you only want your kind of players to actually play.
It´s funny that every time the "Just join factions/VvV" argument is being used it´s always from someone already in VvV...

I welcome all to come play Siege. They just need to cry less and play more. Oh, and to turn off their programs.
And why should Siege adapt to some prodo players, who probably won´t stick around anyways, instead of them adapting to Siege? That´s just stupid.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Freya,

ah yes - he does not really want arties - he just wants an edge. How so free items?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@TheDrAJ: Non VvVers can't use VvV items because being in VvV puts you at the enormous risk of being globally flaggable 100% of the time, with statloss being an inconvenience as well. In lieu of these setbacks, VvV members get supernova potions (potential instant 28 damage, in the context of GM Alchy and 50% EP on a cursed target), and a field resurrectable, high HP war mount, plus VvV wearable artifacts. The former two are already in on Siege as-is, and nobody is complaining about them, which is hilarious because those are much more "edgy" than the gear that you guys got REMOVED.

The gear isn't even "edgy", if you ask me. It's just a set of core building blocks for a basic PvP suit, which promotes so much... that's why a lot of new players are frustrated.

.:edit:.

With that all being said, I don't see a problem with cursing the artifacts and taking "owner" tag off of them, so all VvVers could actually wear them. I actually think that should happen if they are put back in, solely to synergize with the siege ruleset. When I loot someone's orny I want to be able to use it!

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It´s funny that every time the "Just join factions/VvV" argument is being used it´s always from someone already in VvV...

I welcome all to come play Siege. They just need to cry less and play more. Oh, and to turn off their programs.
And why should Siege adapt to some prodo players, who probably won´t stick around anyways, instead of them adapting to Siege? That´s just stupid.
Ya it is stupid it would be like me coming to Seige demanding you all to what the trammel faucet to accept it, because that is what I want. When there is trammel faucets on other shards I could play on. Siege is what it is accept it or move on.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

No sir, you are wrong. The Faction arties were already on Siege. It was a select few on Siege that *****ed and moaned to have them removed. So they were the ones that didnt want to adapt to the way Siege was. Just ***** and complain until they got their way. This shard has gone long enough without them. Now put them back in and watch the PvP community grow on Siege. ( The opposite of what some of the larger guilds want here.) @Bleak @Mesanna

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya it is stupid it would be like me coming to Seige demanding you all to what the trammel faucet to accept it, because that is what I want. When there is trammel faucets on other shards I could play on. Siege is what it is accept it or move on.
The thing is, they requested in a focus group that they be removed at launch. The system was designed to have them. It wasn't even done completely. There are still VvV mounts and supernova potions in place. It's a sloppy modification from a new player perspective that was done in favor of a few people who play siege and were members of the focus group. What about all the players who had no say in it, who maybe don't use stratics or aren't involved in the community?

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
ah yes - he does not really want arties - he just wants an edge. How so free items?
I'm not moving on really because I want to play here farm here and pvp here... However I want active pvp on this server, and just because your are lazy and refuse to learn pvp you want to ruin it for everyone.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I suggest creating a new focus group to address this issue choose two respected members of Siege community and 2 people THAT ACTUALLY PVP ON SIEGE. Bring everything to the table again and sort this thing out. Make them useable by any one. @Bleak please put this thing to rest. Give back what was already here.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not moving on really because I want to play here farm here and pvp here... However I want active pvp on this server, and just because your are lazy and refuse to learn pvp you want to ruin it for everyone.
How am I ruining pvp for others I'm only 1 person?
Not pvping does not make someone lazy I live in a house with 2 of the top notch pvpers keldan of ls ( retired sold account),and uther pendragon of gl (retired closed account). I did try and learn from them some can pvp some can't I'm one that can't not ashamed of it either. I play to have fun even though I can't pvp I still was in the old factions guarding the base laying fields healing curing rezzing. Playing on gl doing champ spawns with black company (bc)guild around this was back in the day with guild master Bart.I have done fel idocs stealthing in and out around reds. So no I'm not lazy just a person who play her way, and not the way others think others should play

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think everytime someone comes to siege they wonder why there is no VVV items.. its a legit argument and if this is the 4th time this year its been brought up maybe its time to look into some changes.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How am I ruining pvp for others I'm only 1 person?
Not pvping does not make someone lazy I live in a house with 2 of the top notch pvpers keldan of ls ( retired sold account),and uther pendragon of gl (retired closed account). I did try and learn from them some can pvp some can't I'm one that can't not ashamed of it either. I play to have fun even though I can't pvp I still was in the old factions guarding the base laying fields healing curing rezzing. Playing on gl doing champ spawns with black company (bc)guild around this was back in the day with guild master Bart.I have done fel idocs stealthing in and out around reds. So no I'm not lazy just a person who play her way, and not the way others think others should play
There will never been any type of faction pvp again... no pvper wants to play here and focus on this server because they DO NOT HAVE PVP ITEMS... We held sigils so we can use our barbed runic kits to make blessed armor, that is why we did towns and guarded sigils... If you are telling me the only efficient way for me to get loot is farm I would need to change my entire character around to effectively farm.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I understand, but sometime it just like doing the old debat over and over, I believe there are a lot good info in this old threads.
I believe Siege are ok with getting them back if they useable by anyone.