• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I can't believe no one posted about this! It just hit me!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dang...just hit me! No lava lamps!
I really wanted one!

[/ QUOTE ]

WE all wanted our lamps
and I would still like mine. To bad we cant add them to our regular sims games. Now that would be kinda cool.

N

Nick6212

maybe if the devs would have been on top of things in a timely fashion we could have had them by now =)

J

jammybob

maybe if the devs had concentrated on making the game fun with that sort of addition rather than making the game almost unplayable for many by taking away money, people who came back would have stayed and word of mouth would have brought new people in.
Unfortunately, getting rid of botters was more important to them than creating a happy customer base

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

maybe if the devs had concentrated on making the game fun with that sort of addition rather than making the game almost unplayable for many by taking away money, people who came back would have stayed and word of mouth would have brought new people in.
Unfortunately, getting rid of botters was more important to them than creating a happy customer base

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta say I agree with you and Nick...but I don't blame the devs....Not entirely anyway...It's TIIC (The Idiots in Charge) who are ultimately responsible. Although I do agree that if they had been happy with the Devs' work, maybe they might have given us more time and a lava lamp. But I still say that EA didn't give this enough time to catch on. I'm still getting newbies...Just got one tonight who just signed up and knew nothing about the game shutting down.

G

where you been that was cancelled like ummmmmmmmmmmm 4 weeks ago

G

If ppl had stopped griping about their anniversary gifts and custom content they wanted to badly.. the "game" itself might have been saved. The game needed reworking.. not more objects. From my experience and from reading what was said here in CH, everyone sat skilling, made pizza/jam and very little else. There were not enough group things or interactive things to do in game. With extended skilling... people sat for hour upon hour, mostly afk, skilling their poor sims. Even pizza (yes, admit it) got kinda old after a bit. You could have a million new objects in the game in a million new colors and it would still come down to the fact that there wasnt enough to DO. If you compare it to the offline sims.. it paled in comparison. The skilling aspect of the offline sims is broken up by the ability to make and do a huge amount of things. The jobs part of TSO was never utlilized to what it could have been. A lot of things went wrong.. but now as its coming to an end... maybe some lessons were learned at EA.