• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How old are you?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
K

KoolAidAddict

I refuse to answer/vote until such time as a proper age select group is made available and proudly displayed for us old timers who are in the "older" group.

Now get to it young man!!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Pretty old then, 'eh Koolaid?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
An espresso machine makes for some fine iced coffee during the summer.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hush you! Young whipper snapper...

Sara1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last part of '99, my son who is 32, now, MADE me try UO. I loved it and got my own account. I told my 6 yr old grandson and he started playing. My brother is 49 and plays along with his 14 yr old son. We all started in '99-2000. Then, my daughter who is 40, finally started in the end of 2000. I have friends who I recruited, too. lol
BTW, I'm 60 and never want UO to end!!

S

sevan

32. I have been playing UO on/off for about 10 years - I got hooked right around the time UO:R came out - just a few days after the Trammel "land rush". I have left and come back several times and now that I have a netbook I can't wait to see how UO runs on that too!

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm 38 and I started with T2A.

I'm still loving the game ....... sometimes I got depressed by the mistakes the devs made, but all in all, it's the only game I can play for more than 2 hours without getting tired of it.
I'm sure I'm one of the most addicted UO-fans ever. :thumbup1:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
44 next monthy. Records? I upgraded to 8tracks. Goods stuff like Styx, Ozzy or Rush in the 65 Mustange Conv. I paid $150 for when I was 15. Had to get a cassette converter for the 8track when I got into them. The Mustange is long gone but the combined age of the 4 vehicles I have now is 148 years. And the MTXs behind the seats of my 99 F150XLT are for getting the kinks out of my back and drowning out cell phone drivers.

UO for 10 years now. Had to find something to replace D&D dice rolling.

Grid

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehehehe Hands off my D-20!

Ever seen a D-100? I have! :eek:
Yeah, one of my old D&D group had one. As I recall, it was about the size of a golf-ball, almost spherical but made from many many many real small... hexagons I think they were, so it'd actually land on a side.

Sound about right?

G

grandpa otis

I may be the oldest still playing on Legends,,, we've had 13 U.S. Presidents serve since my birth :) been playing UO since Christmas of '99

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, one of my old D&D group had one. As I recall, it was about the size of a golf-ball, almost spherical but made from many many many real small... hexagons I think they were, so it'd actually land on a side.

Sound about right?
LMAO! Yup that's it!! Personally I wouldn't use one cause my hands are smallish and it was difficult for me to roll that monstrousity. I'll stick to the D-20 or my Fire dice set.

A

Annienox

Ok my daughter is 18 now so that makes me 38 (hubs is 39!!) I started playing in 98 and if we wouldn't have taken a couple yrs off for a break I would be able to ride my polar bear or cu dang nabbit!! Ex-Husband bought the game and didn't want me to play it but one of his friends talked me into tryin it out while he was at work. Found a long lost (ok so I knew where he was we just hadn't talked in forever) cousin who pulled me from GL to Baja and introduced me to my current (and last) husband! Our girls have tried the game but have decided they don't like it. My mom (does email and ebay only I think on her pc) doesn't understand how we can play for hours at a time (thinks its a waist of our time). She shut up when I said that I would rather spend my hours on the game being with friends and working my brain insted of sitting in front of the t.v. for the same amount of time and my brain going to mush!
Ya know I really am suprised at the amount of "nicely aged" people that are playing because from all the smack talk and childish crap that goes on you wouldnt think most of the players were over 17!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
41... playing uo since Nov. 1997 (just not always with my main account, eh).

Characters, like relationships, need breaks sometimes... or you start to become your character... or is that that character becomes you.... erm.. something along those lines.

I knew a great-gran'pa who played with his then 3 year old grandson... now that grandson is 15 and is playing now deceased granpa's account... and the spooky part.... they play just the same.....

o_O

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Characters, like relationships, need breaks sometimes... or you start to become your character... or is that that character becomes you.... erm.. something along those lines.
I always assumed it was like this for everyone, but each of my characters is a different facet of my personality. My characters and I have always been a lot alike. Is that strange?

S

<Seth>

Im 29, i started playing when T2A came, i jumped alot of diffrent shards, ended up at Europe a few years back just to play with a RL friend, switched to WoW about 5 years ago.
I just came back to Uo last month and now im leaving again, this game losts its charm for me now, i just had to much fun in it before i left last time, i just cant have that again :thumbdown:

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always assumed it was like this for everyone, but each of my characters is a different facet of my personality. My characters and I have always been a lot alike. Is that strange?
no, not at all *slowly backs his 43 year old arse out of the thread*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just be thankful I tend to lean more towards my other characters rather than my thief.
Who's wallet is this?

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I was thinkin the same thing. I mean *MY* generation is unique, we deserve our own weirdo old geezer label old age slot ...us hippies ya know, we not part of them fonzie 1950s generation now in their 70s, nor them yuppies of the 70s with their disco duck either in their 40s or 50s in age ! lol

I feel slighted where is the *purple haze* generation ! ;)

Yup, I am too old to be in Gen X and too young to be part of the baby boomers and hippies..... Gen Zilch I guess, lol

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I count as old if I hate the other college kids who wont turn off there damn cell phones? And wish I had a cane to shake at them?

And wish those damn *****s would stop complaining they are cold when they wear clothing that clearly isn't made for the season and think they are justified to complain?

A

Argantes

where do all these 'grown ups' play? or does everyone turn into an a*** when they they log on?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mods, please delete all responses that didn't include their age....only fair.

F

five oclock

Yes...yes it is..hence why we play UO :D

A friend of mine remember back in the day....when Dirt was invented..and God was pleased with it :D

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had to upgrade also. The d20 pasties that came in the starter box got real roundish. As the DM I made them roll their own dice to decide their fate. Never had any RNG issues ever, LOL. And the DRAGON was our Straticss.