• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How old are you?

EricVT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
24 years old finishing up my M.S. degree.

First played UO when I was 13 and in MIDDLE SCHOOL.

Crazy.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You forgot the option.."And do you live in your mothers basement".

And 44..

L

Luna du Selene

What, no 50-60 and 60-70 ranges? Just dump all the geezers in the 40 and over bracket? At 52, I feel somewhat... slighted :p

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WW2 baby boomer, old hippy era 'kid' here ! I'm 61, sounds ancient I know. lol

Old enough for USA data bases to send me junk mail, askin if I have my burial plot picked out yet or if can afford my burial plot. :) rolleyes:

I got news for them....longevity runs in my family gene pool ! :)

Heck I might even be stuck on this planet, another 30 yrs yet. lol:mf_prop:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When "Computer Gaming World" first came out, they said the average PC Gamer was 30-35.

Looks like many of us have hung around.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What, no 50-60 and 60-70 ranges? Just dump all the geezers in the 40 and over bracket? At 52, I feel somewhat... slighted :p
LOL I was thinkin the same thing. I mean *MY* generation is unique, we deserve our own weirdo old geezer label old age slot ...us hippies ya know, we not part of them fonzie 1950s generation now in their 70s, nor them yuppies of the 70s with their disco duck either in their 40s or 50s in age ! lol

I feel slighted where is the *purple haze* generation ! ;)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question is: Will you still be playing UO? :mf_prop:
Well that depends on them *youngsters* writing online games nowadays !

I finally tossed out my Texas Instruments pacman junk.

Still can not toss our my SEGA although can not play it on any tv set I presently own.

I run UO on Winxp on DIAL UP...figure if these youngins do UO right I might upgrade to win 7 and DSL. . if they EA UO can keep me interested to continue to pay THEIR SALARIES ! lol This last patch is still downloading for me GAH mega zillion bytes on dial up !! Luckily I am a patient old lady !

Although I do see the old folks homes are installin Wii sytems into elder care homes, to get them oldies playing something to exercise ! :) Any old folks home I end up in better let me play my cds of rock music...or at least let me have my Nintendo DS in there, so I can play ZOO TYCOON or my Pirates of the Caribbean, at least ! *cant spell carib * lol

L

Luna du Selene

LOL I was thinkin the same thing. I mean *MY* generation is unique, we deserve our own weirdo old geezer label old age slot ...us hippies ya know, we not part of them fonzie 1950s generation now in their 70s, nor them yuppies of the 70s with their disco duck either in their 40s or 50s in age ! lol

I feel slighted where is the *purple haze* generation ! ;)
You're a groovy chick, Queen Zen! :hug:
Now, where's our peace sign emote? ;)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're a groovy chick, Queen Zen! :hug:
Now, where's our peace sign emote? ;)
LOL I been blasting my new CD that I just blew money on...blasting this song off to politicians of both parties.... still a protester I guess ! LOL

Who's gonna work work work for the working man by Bon Jovi ! :)

Hey I blew $14.98 on this CD I LIKE IT ! :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey now I still have records ! I had to go all over to even FIND a stereo *record player* a yr. ago so I could still play my albumns and records ! :)

Our daughter is visiting us for two weeks also clearing out her room in our house finally ... of Shera pretty ponie toys and Duran Duran, Cyndi Lauper, generation of 45s to take home to Calif. with her. She CAN NOT HAVE MY 45 Prince when doves cry. She thought I bought it for HER I said NO I bought you that FOR ME ! :) MINE IT STAYS HERE ! You can have all your George Michaels though ! We do have a standing joke in our home here though...first kid of our three to come bury me will be the one to TAKE thus inherit my Andy Warhol cover Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers albumn. :) It is a collector$ item !

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, me too ;) just can't toss them and not a one of them could be considered a collectible

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
wow I guess you think 40 is old and noone would care if this old players are 40, 50, 60 or even older. I had heard about 70-80 year old players.

I'm 54 year

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye exactly especially when one sees what some collectors blow on things on EBAY or wherever.

Had I kept my very first Barbie doll, first ones ever made... I seen some nut pay 35k for one on ebay once. I hated that doll popped her head off and told my mom the dog did it ! LOL Wish I woulda kept her in mint condition to sell off when I hit 40 yrs old or whatever ! LOL

That is why our kids stuff all sat here for years. Our son's original Transformers that we blew $$$$$$ for his Christmases all in near mint condition...he finally come and got those out of our home and his Castle Grayskull Heman etc. Same for our girls original had to about fight other parents to get them the first ever Cabbage Patch dolls...same goes for books and original *records* be they albumns or 45s some folks are willing to pay tons of money for some collectibles.

Probably why we are still stuck with some Beanie Baby toys here from our youngest kid... :) someday those may fund HER retirement years if she sells em off ! LOL

S

Stupid Miner

Um... I'm in 2 of those age categories...

...and I first started playing when I was 8 or so :D (Ooo, look at that, a single digit age, bet most of you don't remember those)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow I guess you think 40 is old and noone would care if this old players are 40, 50, 60 or even older. I had heard about 70-80 year old players.

I'm 54 year
One of the oldest UO players I ever met on Chesapeake back in the day, was 20 yrs OLDER than I was. I got a kick out of him cuz he often got stuck babysitting his grandkids and he babysit with them in UO...and if they misbehaved in his home he ....PKd them out of town ! HAHA That old guy was a trip pking his own rl grandkids in UO !

LOL

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe we should make a poll, how many is over 40 and do have a red:lol:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cabbage Patch, ohmighosh what a memory that brought back

I live in northern NJ and the year those things hit my girls were exactly the right age to *have* to have one... I went places I never shopped trying to get two of those things for weeks on end, and was about to give up when an ad popped up in one of the local papers, with just a phone number... I called the number and the guy told me to drive way down toward the city, watch for a strip mall on my right after passing such and such a bridge, go to the end of the strip mall and drive around the back... pull up to the second door and blow the horn... he then asked me what type of car and the license plate number

now I'm normally a very cautious person, and this whole thing sounded so.... but it was Cabbage Patch dolls, and he was only charging $70 each (cash only) and Christmas was less than a month away!

I made the drive.... found the place, pulled around the back, the whole nine yards.. the girls still have them

and no, I wouldn't do it now for anything

B

BeefSupreme

As of right now, 30-40 is in the lead.
Didn't expect that at all, but now that I think about it, it makes sense.

H

Harb

51 here. Although I knew from meeting folks in game there are/ were players significantly older than me in game, one of the biggest surprises I've had relative to UO was attending one of the town halls. It's amazing to look over a crowd and realize how diverse our player base actually is!

L

Lore Master

Please select your real age!
I am 40 about 3 or 4 years ago I met an 80 year old grand mother in UO lol she was a very nice lady she did not hunt but she crafted things and gave some of her crafted items to players for free her grand kids got her to play and she liked UO a lot. a gm once told me that some 90 year olds play and some of them are more immature then 6 year olds lol.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cabbage Patch, ohmighosh what a memory that brought back

I live in northern NJ and the year those things hit my girls were exactly the right age to *have* to have one... I went places I never shopped trying to get two of those things for weeks on end, and was about to give up when an ad popped up in one of the local papers, with just a phone number... I called the number and the guy told me to drive way down toward the city, watch for a strip mall on my right after passing such and such a bridge, go to the end of the strip mall and drive around the back... pull up to the second door and blow the horn... he then asked me what type of car and the license plate number

now I'm normally a very cautious person, and this whole thing sounded so.... but it was Cabbage Patch dolls, and he was only charging $70 each (cash only) and Christmas was less than a month away!

I made the drive.... found the place, pulled around the back, the whole nine yards.. the girls still have them

and no, I wouldn't do it now for anything
We were able to afford them for our girls that first year the Cabbage Patch dolls came out. Next Christmas were massive wage cuts...there I was with sewing patterns and bloody fingers making faux cabbage patch dolls from a pattern...and all that yarn into the head of the dolls *OUCH* my poor fingers.
The girls were kinda sad but they understood that not every year will one get name brand items when rl wages of *santa* get cut ! :)

Sort of like when Reboks first came out..told our girl $50???? ya nuts or what ok if *santa* affords those that be ALL you get under the tree ..your choice pricey new fad in REBOKS tenny shoes, or more stuff with some WALMART label that year. :)

S

slaveone

30 years old here. Started playing UO when i was 18 in college.

O

olduofan

40 here be 41 march

been playing since sept 99 and ill play until the end

wouldnt it have been better to have

19 and younger
20 - 29
30 - 39
40 - 49
50 - 59
so on ?

my 6 year old daughter and 10 year son play (my 4 year girl trys lol)
my 6 year old mostly tames pets and put them in the house its like a farm yard petting zoo haha

Borric

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, thats not right. Im in the old folks category. I would feel better if there was a 50-60 and 60-70 ranges.

Dam, I am gettin old.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, I'm in a minority not much different than most things but I'll be 21 in January. I started playing on March 14, 2000.

And some of you old people will probably out live me. The males on my fathers side seem to have notoriously short lives.

L

Llwyd

I clicked on ye link there...so are you the WW2 vet that pks his grandkids in UO, when they act bratty as he babysits em in rl and res kills them till they behave ? lol :)
lol... no, but it's a tempting idea.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's that time again is it? I don't know how many of these polls I've answered in here over the years :D

Zooithon, I have to agree 1952 was an excellent year rolleyes:

M

Mairut

21, almost 22. Started playing at around 12 until I was 16, then started again this year rolleyes:

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me I turn 51 soon but I do know of someone who is 72 and if I was to tell who I would have to hide very well for if she finds me my toon will never be the same

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Interesting results.

I think you should have gone all the way to 60 before you put the 60+ in there...

But I'm 43 and I plan to still be playing when I'm 64.

S

Salya Sin

I'm 32 years old... started playing 6 years ago when my sister (who is now 30 and is almost a 9 year vet) bugged the hell out of me. My 14 year old daughter plays and started when she was 8yrs old, my 6 year old daughter tries but mainly just picks up everything at the bank, including runes and books which I later have to put back down and apologize... my 3 year old niece runs around on her daddies (30yrs old) characters in Luna... and we've been working on my mom, who will love the crafting and plants aspect of the game.

Thats two more for the 30-40 bracket but they don't get on stratics much. And for the record.. I will so PK my grandkids... in about 20 years I hope!