• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much MORE Blatent do Dupers need to be on Atlantic till EA Does something?

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many honest runics, high end items, etc., do you think they could get that way?
Oh those vendors that he posted had runics? Oh wait they didn't, It has a bunch of over priced Arties, Peerless items, and some msc stuff. You can get hundreds of HONEST items like this on Asian shard for cheap, you must not know how the Asian shards are. Go take a look on some of them and see how cheap the items are. Lets see how easy it could be; ( I have 400 mil to spend, Oh hey look a crys ring for 14 mil I will buy it and sell it for 24 on Atlantic, Oh look an orny only 6 mil here ! I will try and sell it on atl for 13 mil) You see where I'm going with this?

:next:

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we are all wasting our time (and or money of course).
If these players are still there its clear that "DEVS DO NOT CARE!"
simple no?

make your choice now, quit!

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.S I am ONLY defending these vendors he posted, not the Runic ones all over UO. So please spare me :)

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
P.S I am ONLY defending these vendors he posted, not the Runic ones all over UO. So please spare me :)
It's entirely possible, I'm not denying that, and you do have valid points. If you know the person then I'd suggest telling them to possibly relocate to a different vendor house, as right now they are being lumped in with the legitimate bad guys, if them being cross sharders is the case.

A

Amathist of PoC

I am not saying it is the same person but the house looks like one that has recently opened on Oceania....could someone from Atlantic come check it out - its just right of the moongate at luna - I would be curious to know if it is the same person.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's entirely possible, I'm not denying that, and you do have valid points. If you know the person then I'd suggest telling them to possibly relocate to a different vendor house, as right now they are being lumped in with the legitimate bad guys, if them being cross sharders is the case.
Why would they relocate? that house has the best traffic, That doesn't seem right. He should have to relocate because other people possibly dupe?

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not saying it is the same person but the house looks like one that has recently opened on Oceania....could someone from Atlantic come check it out - its just right of the moongate at luna - I would be curious to know if it is the same person.
The guy owns vendor houses on a few shards, ATL, GL I know for sure. That doesn't make him a duper.. He doesn't even have any of his own vendors at his houses he is just a landlord, He shouldn't have to monitor what people sell at his house. If it's a dupe then EA SHOULD DO SOMETHING it shouldn't be up to him to determine weather or not someone is a duper.

I'm pretty sure he spends RL cash for all of his UO homes.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The guy owns vendor houses on a few shards, ATL, GL I know for sure. That doesn't make him a duper.. He doesn't even have any of his own vendors at his houses he is just a landlord, He shouldn't have to monitor what people sell at his house. If it's a dupe then EA SHOULD DO SOMETHING it shouldn't be up to him to determine weather or not someone is a duper.

I'm pretty sure he spends RL cash for all of his UO homes.
EA holds vendor house owners responsible for what is stocked there, if you've been playing UO for more than 3 years, you'll remember them holding true to that policy consistently. It is up to him, and since I know how strict to UO's policy you are, I'm assuming you'll agree with it.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA holds vendor house owners responsible for what is stocked there, if you've been playing UO for more than 3 years, you'll remember them holding true to that policy consistently. It is up to him, and since I know how strict to UO's policy you are, I'm assuming you'll agree with it.

I personally don't care, but these threads of "dupes" are getting more annoying than the dupes them self, stratics should just delete every new dupe thread, obviously they aren't working lol.

L

Lord Kynd

wine and cheese thread... Seriously all the duped runics do is make our gear cheaper. how is that a bad thing when we can have newbies as equipped as the 10 year vets?
i sure don't want a newbie running around or even having near the same as what i have, it just doesn't seem right.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the pictures it didnt seem they had that many AoF and hammers. If they do then I stand corrected.

But the fact remains teh threads about dupes and dupers is getting old.

O

originian

From the pictures it didnt seem they had that many AoF and hammers. If they do then I stand corrected.

But the fact remains teh threads about dupes and dupers is getting old.
I agree mate that the threads might be getting old, but the fact that EA and the DEV team let it continue is getting alot older.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The vendors I posted in another thread with the runic items are dupe vendors, and those I do know for fact, as well as the owner of the mall they are in having full knowledge of the items/sellers origins, no searching needed in this case.
Please stop calling the runic items dupes. They are SCRIPTED.

There were truckloads of BRKs before like now and nothing was ever done about them, and now surprise surprise, just after the chances of getting valorite BODs has increased, lots of valorite runics too. If they were DUPED, they would be eliminated.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

that screenshot looks alot more like Xsharders than dupers to me.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please stop calling the runic items dupes. They are SCRIPTED.

There were truckloads of BRKs before like now and nothing was ever done about them, and now surprise surprise, just after the chances of getting valorite BODs has increased, lots of valorite runics too. If they were DUPED, they would be eliminated.
You are vastly uninformed then.

I know how scripts work, you would need over 10,000 accounts running BOD/heartwood quester scripts 24/7 for many months to get the amount of runic hammers and heartwood runics that these people sell in a week.

The barbed runics can be raked in by the dozens with scripts, that is true, but we're not talking about only barbed kits here.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are vastly uninformed then.

I know how scripts work, you would need over 10,000 accounts running BOD/heartwood quester scripts 24/7 for many months to get the amount of runic hammers and heartwood runics that these people sell in a week.

The barbed runics can be raked in by the dozens with scripts, that is true, but we're not talking about only barbed kits here.
I am not sure what the exact averages are, but on average 250 BODs to get a BRK, and on average 350 BODs to get a verite or valorite runic hammer BOD (of which you need 7)? If so then for runic hammer BODs, it is comparable to BRKs, considering the runic hammers are sold for many times more.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wine and cheese thread... Seriously all the duped runics do is make our gear cheaper. how is that a bad thing when we can have newbies as equipped as the 10 year vets?
At first glance you are right, but then there is no longer any point in crafting, going to Doom, making peerless, ... since everything is available at very low prices.

A

Amathist of PoC

My guild was actually asked to help this guy set up a house on Oceania - I have today pulled out our offer of help, for the simple fact that I can not say either way wether or not he is or not guilty of dueping or anything wrong at all but I do not want the back lash of any hot topics falling onto my guilds shoulders...we have enough our own drama to deal with.

Some may say this is wrong of me but I think protecting my guild comes before a good deed to someone I do not know and has transfered to our shard for what ever reason.

E

Eslake

Wow, if the vendor owner really did get all of that by xsharding it from asian shards.. I pitty them for having ... *cough someone* as their advocate. It only makes everyone more willing to believe they're on the wrong side of things. ;)

But the dupers don't care anyway.
They know how EA works, and are using it to their advantage.

They know that EA has just done it's quarterly PR bannings.
So they know they can get away with selling 125 valorite hammers at a time if they like, because EA won't bother to do anything for at least 2 and a half more months.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I advise everyone to stay away from those houses and do not shop there.

The owner of the houses IS aware of what people he rents out to and i am sure he is getting something in return to keep Quiet.

If you think he is just a good hearted Soul that doesnt know better ....think again.
He has been scamming on other sites such as ebay and making RL money from UO for years.

DO not buy there dont place your vendor there , you risc beeing banned or having your vendor burned.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Put a fork in me...

Have you xsharded to asain shards?

I have for the AOS slime event. Made a bit off that indcidently.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT.

They dont have crap on there vendors otherwise.
Its a myth you can jump to your friendly neighborhood asian shard and buy up everything cheap and have tons of it to sell on atlantic.

Go look around.

Asian shards are great for event stuff thats about it.

TRUTH.

Some players are legit.
Some player may have a disability.
Some players cheat.
Sompe players fence.

Who cares about the above. You all waste you time with that.

The fact is by looking at the vendors on both sides you can tell duped stuff is being sold.

Who, what, when... and all that is fine.

Waste your time.

It is there and being sold.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put a fork in me...

Have you xsharded to asain shards?

I have for the AOS slime event. Made a bit off that indcidently.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT.

They dont have crap on there vendors otherwise.
Its a myth you can jump to your friendly neighborhood asian shard and buy up everything cheap and have tons of it to sell on atlantic.

Go look around.

Asian shards are great for event stuff thats about it.

TRUTH.

Some players are legit.
Some players cheat.
Sompe players fence.

The fact is by looking at the vendors on both sides you can tell duped stuff is being sold.

Who, what, when... and all that is fine.

Waste your time.

It is there and being sold.
Yes, I have X-sharded to Asian shards, If you know how to speak Japanese and know the right people then you can get that amount of items :thumbsup:

R

RavenWinterHawk

Yes, I have X-sharded to Asian shards, If you know how to speak Japanese and know the right people then you can get that amount of items :thumbsup:
*laughs deeply"
Yeah, thats great for you. I suppose you speak japanese?

Im sure 100's of us speak japanese and stock our vendors.

Or oh wait.

A lot of japanese people speak english... and they say.
"Aint much on our shard. But here you go."

Either way you slice it. Its a myth there are fountains full of arties on the asian shards. Sure you can find them. Its not whats supplying atlantic.

H

Harb

Open cheating is tolerated in Ultima Online?
No. The ability to detect and to repsond quickly to improper player actions, finality and comprehesiveness of responses, longevity of fixes, disclosure or explanation of actions, all do seem in question, at least for the time being. Most of us, self included, have allowed some emotion to creep into intellectual anaylsis, so it's gotten a little tough to follow sorry!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At first glance you are right, but then there is no longer any point in crafting, going to Doom, making peerless, ... since everything is available at very low prices.
There are many reasons for those things. Runics are cheaper for all to craft with them not just the UO rich folks. Doom still provides artifacts and high end jewelry. Peerless still provide valuable ingredients and peerless items.

Big shocker, this was the ultimate crafter love though. the only real beef i have is that these cheaters are still over pricing their goods trying to keep prices artificially higher than the amount of supply would naturally dictate.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my friend who speaks korean is a great little uo tycoon because his xsharding around asian shards brings in the big bank...

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some players are legit.
Some players cheat.
Sompe players fence.

as a person that is registered disabled i take offence at that and i sure as hell care
:loser:

R

RavenWinterHawk

Some players are legit.
Some players cheat.
Sompe players fence.

as a person that is registered disabled i take offence at that and i sure as hell care

Argh.
Not another person taking offense without reading the entire stream of posts.

This isnt about you. Or the disability. Or If I care.

The point is about the arguements being...
Hes this or that. They are legit. Oh he has a disablity and play every day.
These statement and arguement distract from the actually issue of duping.

Thats what I am saying

Some people are this or that (PLUG IT IN)

WHO CARES because the ISSUE IS ABOUT DUPING not the kind of people that play and who is this or that.

It wasnt about not caring about human being with disabilities.:thumbsup:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omnius are you just fishing for a reply?
Why would anyone want to play a game for anywhere near ten years if it was just a Test Shard mentality?

Here's a little story about A Cheater's Burnout:
Golem set fighting skill = 100
Illegal script set auxillary skill = 100
Duper fencer = cheap uber armor
Look at me. Wee, I pwn!
So now what?
This game is boring. What's next?
I don't mean to be rude but i don't understand the mentality of just fighting monsters. Frankly, the allure to uo has always been rp and pvp in my book. Everything else in the game is either a means of enhancing those two ends or mind numbingly dull grind.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i sure don't want a newbie running around or even having near the same as what i have, it just doesn't seem right.
So newbies in this item based game shouldn't be able to do the same things you do? God forbid a newbie be able to come to fel and give me a fight. Or worse how dare some person who played for 1 year be able to afford the same rares in their home that I can after playing 10 years! Get off the high horse, new players deserve the same fun we get. it's not as though we as veterans don't get lots of other rewards for being vets. ethies for nothing other that having our homes open, our junk becomes worth millions for no reason, we get 20 skill points. we've gotten to enjoy uo when it was at it's best.

The high barriers to compete have made most folks I've introduced to UO switch to games with less boring grind. I don't blame them. The skill gain system has gone to crap, the high cost of gear is outrageous. I've actually seen new guys play with the big boys lately and It's been a breath of fresh air.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not claiming to defend dupers or cheaters but I think the fact that it is so profitable for them to do so is indicative of a system that is poorly designed and highly lucrative for those who can figure out how to beat it. If gear wasn't so mind numbing to obtain and skills were so ridiculously difficult to work up these guys would be out of business not temporarily but because the system that was in place would make their actions only somewhat easier than normal game play.

C

Connor_Graham

I don't mean to be rude but i don't understand the mentality of just fighting monsters.
I could say exactly the same about PvP.

It's all just a matter of preference and what you're looking to get out of playing the game.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These cheaters have made my game more fun. I don't defend them but I won't condemn them for helping new and old pvpers return to the style of play they want to play.

L

Limlight

I would have to agree with BBQ here to a degree.

1. The screenshots shown with the arties and such prove nothing.

I have a Crimson for all 7 of my characters...that proves nothing.
Arties drop like flies....
I had over 800 Cursed ones before the turn in...
and I have over 60 of the regular ones....and I barely go to DOOM

2. The Runic Hammers are obvious dupes..well not the hammer themselves..the bods are dupes...this is obvious and needs to be fixed.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to agree with BBQ here to a degree.

1. The screenshots shown with the arties and such prove nothing.

I have a Crimson for all 7 of my characters...that proves nothing.
Arties drop like flies....
I had over 800 Cursed ones before the turn in...
and I have over 60 of the regular ones....and I barely go to DOOM

2. The Runic Hammers are obvious dupes..well not the hammer themselves..the bods are dupes...this is obvious and needs to be fixed.
Screenshots don't prove things, but nobody can prove all those items are legit by looking at them either. So I don't think it's fair when some posters seem to think themselves superior to those who accuse the shop owner. They could be in the wrong themselves, and risk association with a future banned vendor...

When it comes to this case, I don't think it's clear, simply because some x-sharders do take things to excess and try and stock at least 1 of everything to get more trade. I don't like that practice as it's clear the seller can't truly vouch for the legality of their stock, but I know sellers who do it. It's also perfectly possible that the seller dupes or cheats, but only a GM can say for sure. Either way, I think they'll get a lot of pages and not so much customer with such a stock, because players are anxious about duping right now. Rightly so.

EA are ultimately responsible for the current atmosphere by leaving cheats in game so long, then banning folks because of duping. I don't think many players have faith that a reported cheat will be banned, yet they're worried about buying illegal items and being banned. Not a good combination.

Wenchy

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These cheaters have made my game more fun. I don't defend them but I won't condemn them for helping new and old pvpers return to the style of play they want to play.
cheaters help nothing but themselves. if cheaters have made your game more fun then you must have gained something from them, so you deserve banned as much as them i guess.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
cheaters help nothing but themselves. if cheaters have made your game more fun then you must have gained something from them, so you deserve banned as much as them i guess.
Yes they do, prices lower because people cheat, makes it easier for newer players to be equal... If there were no dupes/scripts, older richer players would have everything, newer players would have nothing.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things getting cheaper? its cheap cuz its made illegally, so that makes the game better? so you want to risk banning just to save a few coin.... what about the honest people that want to sell items, they should get thier vendors throat cut by a group of cheats? bottom line is that cheaters ruin all they touch and you know it.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If UO was cleaner, there would be a lot more players, and a lot more pvpers.

R

RoycroftLS

*laughs deeply"
Yeah, thats great for you. I suppose you speak japanese?

Im sure 100's of us speak japanese and stock our vendors.

Or oh wait.

A lot of japanese people speak english... and they say.
"Aint much on our shard. But here you go."

Either way you slice it. Its a myth there are fountains full of arties on the asian shards. Sure you can find them. Its not whats supplying atlantic.
If arbitrage existed in the extremes that some people have mentioned (like being able to fund the two transfer tokens with just a couple items sold), wouldn't everyone be out trying to get a piece of the pie? Wouldn't the Japanese players themselves be coming over here and making themselves tons of gold?

It's simple economic theory that states that when different markets intermix, prices tend to converge to a single value. While there may be some sporadic opportunties to make profit, I find it hard to believe that there is a method to constantly profit that only a few people know about.

And besides, even if there was a successful arbitrage method out there, anyone smart enough to understand and exploit that economic theory should definitely understand supply and demand... and not have tons of a single item available on the same vendor for above market prices.

E

Eslake

Some players are legit.
Some players cheat.
Sompe players fence.

You missed their point.
They are responding to the idea that just because someone is disabled and can devote more total hours to the game, they somehow magically have unlimited artifacts and runics.
- which is complete nonsense.

I would love to see any of those using that excuse to explain to me how my being able to play 20 hours a day is supposed to be getting me unlimited runics AND peerless drops AND doom artifacts at the same time, not to mention xshard and other RL$ purchased items. (and yes, I really do play as much as 20 hours a day.)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they do, prices lower because people cheat, makes it easier for newer players to be equal... If there were no dupes/scripts, older richer players would have everything, newer players would have nothing.
Yeah, it's a flawless idea to promote buying from cheats when players have just been banned for possessing dupes. Next week EA will announce that they were "just kidding" and reinstate all the cheats banned over the past 10 years, because cheats are the way forward for our UO experience. After all, we can't have anyone actually work for anything, because it would be horribly unfair if a day old newbie was deprived of arties. The fact they wouldn't know what an artie was is irrelevant. It's still just so UNFAIR!!!11!! [insert whines ad nauseum]

If Ol' Joe decided to return to UO on a newbie account, he deserves all that content in his bank box right away as a "we missed you" gift. He should have his own personal shopper and guide so he can quickly access the new pixel crack without having to travel or experience anything. And so many pretty dyetubs he can't sneeze without painting something!

Next UO expansion up for development: UO Wannabes Reborn - Revenge of the HaX.
New characters will login in Haven in their own personal treasure room. They'll take a week to move anywhere, being so overloaded with l337 items they can't move anywhere. EA will then decide to simplify item properties to speed up their orientation by colour coding an item by uberness. In neon, of course.

/sarcasm

I give up being serious with posts like yours, it's like trying to give directions to a one-eyed horse that's wearing blinkers.

Wenchy

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a thousand holes in that (absurd) theory. Correlation does not imply causation, assuming the former is even present.

R

RavenWinterHawk

There are a thousand holes in that (absurd) theory. Correlation does not imply causation.
Yeah thats the mentality that EA plays too, it seems.

Everybody wants everything with no work. Soulstones, easy gains, 25k free points (practically), advanced charactures.

What the cheat lover is missing...

Every player will end up the same and with equality (so to speak) you all might as well PvP naked. If you dont get it you dont get it.

Dang there is little work ethic and pride left in UO.
Might be time for another account self imposed banning.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA are ultimately responsible for the current atmosphere by leaving cheats in game so long, then banning folks because of duping. I don't think many players have faith that a reported cheat will be banned, yet they're worried about buying illegal items and being banned. Not a good combination.
This is imho the core of the problem. By lack of reactions over the years, various forms of cheating have been rampant (scripts, speedhacks,treehacks, spawncams, duping, etc..). Yes they made some spectacular bannings, but the overall impression is that you can cheat freely in UO, as long as you are not too dumb. This per se made a lot of people quit the game.

B

bokke

Why are people moaning about EA? Did the not just do a mass ban of who knows how many accounts 2 weeks ago? They fixed the dupes as per Jeremy's confirmation and removed all those items from the game.