• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much MORE Blatent do Dupers need to be on Atlantic till EA Does something?

O

originian

Devs. Would you please for once do something about the blatent duping on Atlantic. Its getting out of control

Everyone knows the vendor house im gonna show in this picture. It was just updated from 4 plots to one big plot. Its been open for 2 days now, and ive seen at least 20 val hammers get sold out of this house already.

Now the big dogs have setup shop. Take a look at this pic. Please note that Each Bag openeed is stuffed with 100 items per. So you do the match of how many copys of each item are in there

Let alone the house owner himself is selling Exact identical LBODS for verites. I seen one get bought yesterday and he put the exact same type bod on it.

Come on DEVS OPEN UR EYES OR PULL THE PLUG. HELL let DRACONI FIREBOMB THESE GUYS TO HADES!!

G

Godiva_DF

just logg into KR and check for yourselves

dupes dupes dupes

O

originian

just logg into KR and check for yourselves

dupes dupes dupes

Sad thing is EA Could care less obviously. they wont even grace up with a response or anything. hell gms only give canned response when paging about this establishment

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you knwo that stuff was duped? I have all that stuff plus more in my castle and Ive never duped. I obtained alot of it through hard work and game playing. I gathered about 40 artifacts when the new doom system came about, when it was first introduced people were getting artis easy as pie.

Its sad when this forum is nothing but HE DUPES SHE DUPES EVERYONE BE ME DUPES.

Seriously it gets old.

thelma1717

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol cant call them on this stuff but i needed a decorated shield on a wall taken down on a castle i got from friend , called gm boom in one minute its down and in backpack, there here watching and for help but seem to nothing about cheating strange.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a suggesting. everyone who goes there, page a gm and ask if these are duped. if people keep bothering them, they way the gms have been lately i wouldnt be suprised if they just started whipeing the venders out. and maybe just maybe get rid of the dupers.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So then when someone has a real concern the gms will be busy looking at vendors because people think everyone is duping.

This game is getting ridiculous.

R

RavenWinterHawk

How do you knwo that stuff was duped? I have all that stuff plus more in my castle and Ive never duped. I obtained alot of it through hard work and game playing. I gathered about 40 artifacts when the new doom system came about, when it was first introduced people were getting artis easy as pie.

Its sad when this forum is nothing but HE DUPES SHE DUPES EVERYONE BE ME DUPES.

Seriously it gets old.
Do you have 40 valorite hammers?
Do you have 40 verite hammers?
Do you have tons of 5 property sammie armour?

Open your eyes.

G

Godiva_DF

why would they stack 40-50 AoF (and all the other arties) neatly on the same spot in order to disguise the fact that there are so many in one bag?

L

Lily

Devs. Would you please for once do something about the blatent duping on Atlantic. Its getting out of control

Everyone knows the vendor house im gonna show in this picture. It was just updated from 4 plots to one big plot. Its been open for 2 days now, and ive seen at least 20 val hammers get sold out of this house already.

Now the big dogs have setup shop. Take a look at this pic. Please note that Each Bag openeed is stuffed with 100 items per. So you do the match of how many copys of each item are in there

Let alone the house owner himself is selling Exact identical LBODS for verites. I seen one get bought yesterday and he put the exact same type bod on it.

Come on DEVS OPEN UR EYES OR PULL THE PLUG. HELL let DRACONI FIREBOMB THESE GUYS TO HADES!!

You should see what those vendors look like in KR where you can't cleverly stack things on top of each other to hide the quantity on the vendor. One of them has 28 Armor of Fortune and another has 17 Crystalline rings... among other things.

Lily

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I played the Atlantic shard, I would have done quit the game. :(
Most people who have the slightest affinity for the economy on Atlantic already have, the rest of us have just become rabid anti-cheaters who spend essentially all of our game time trying to report and remove the endless waves of dupers, exploiters and scammers that seem to crash into Atlantic daily.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should see what those vendors look like in KR where you can't cleverly stack things on top of each other to hide the quantity on the vendor. One of them has 28 Armor of Fortune and another has 17 Crystalline rings... among other things.

Lily
You should check the runic vendors too, one had 20 valorite runics at one point the other day, not to mention all the heartwood tools and barbed kits.

Also, it would be wise to check some of the armor being sold, some pieces have the exact same mods and values, down to a percentage. A few are exact copies.

P

packrat

People, they don't care about what happens anymore. I have sent Jeremy an email about a vendor on Napa for three weeks. Even sent in screen shots with dates and times and how many barbed kits this one vendor has sold. The vendor is still there pumping out barbed kits as fast as they can sale them. How hard would it be for a GM/Dev to go to these vendors and buy up the barbed kits and watch how fast he restocks them? Jeremy said she plays UO. She must play with her eyes closed or she just doesn't care about dupers.
Maybe we should open a website and do like beerman did to get some attention to this mess. He lied and lost all credibility with me but at least he got the devs to do something.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA is more concerned with JC.. Someone who spends his time making the UOGuide.. (JC how many hits you get a day there?) Since he has a URL in his profile, he gets a 24 hour ban..

Similar shops on Pacific.. and I dont want to name anyone either, but many reputable people and a guild or two are involved..

To combat the duping, EA and the Stratics staff have axed the selling of gold for dollars..

But they didnt say anything about selling RL items for in-game gold.. >=)

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect duping or fencing of duped items. If this is true, they are being very blatant about it. Maybe they are trying to sell the items really quickly so they have time to launder the gold before they get caught? How good exactly are their prices? Normal? Half normal?

If I had money to spare on random experiments, I'd start a newbie account, buy a ton of gold, buy a bunch of items from these vendors, and see if the account got banned.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity....Let's say D. logs on, bans this guy, and sets his house on fire right now....Roughly 3:30 eastern time.

How long do you think it'll be before a friend of a friend of his (or hers) comes on to these Forums to say they were banned unjustly, and an outcry begins?

I'm not saying the concern isn't legitimate. I have not checked in KR, I don't have the patience to patch right now...But if there are indeed 28 Crystalline Rings on that vendor, I'd definitely go so far as to assume they were duping. Someone with that many Crystalline Rings would have to convince me he or she was not duping.

I know at least one avid,, active, extremely wealthy, and perfectly legitimate group of house campers on LS. And I doubt they have 28 Crystalline Rings. So even if this person is an avid, active house camper....Well, ok, I'll give you 14 or 15 Rings, but everything else to boot?

Anyway you see my point: While it's possible this stuff is for real, the concern is very, very legitimate.

However, I am saying that, after last time, I bet it'll be a long while before we see any kind of serious action taking against dupers. And I can kind of understand that, to be blunt.

Whether this is our fault (for being stupid and gullible in believing the denials) or their fault (for not saying more, sooner about the goings-on), or both, I am not qualified to say.

-Galen's player

G

gandolfofaol

They did do something.

Atlantic Is Being Restarted
Jeremy Dalberg
18 Aug 2008 16:06:06
The Atlantic server is being taken down and restarted. It should go down shortly, and will be brought back up immediately afterward - the total downtime should be no more than about 15 minutes.

You can bet there will be another banning party soon. Sometimes a server needs to be restarted to apply a "net".

H

Harb

They did do something... Atlantic Is Being Restarted... Sometimes a server needs to be restarted to apply a "net".
If related, this isn't comprehensive unless applied to the other US based also, which of course could have been done during normal shard maintenance. I walked all the US shards last Friday I think. It's hard to say where all this actually started, with a single exception it was prevalent on all shards.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Atlantic shard being taken down had something to do with the Skara subserver, they wouldn't have even announced it if they were planning to do something with duping, and would have probably done so during shard maintenance as stated above.

K

Kula

EA is terrible and needs to sell this game to a developer who isn't so corporate and walled in by thinking they need to turn this game into WoW+Sims+Diablows.

Seriously, this game would thrive with a developer actually willing to take chances - one that might actually let the players HOST events, or OMG a developer that might take care of the coding that these hackers exploit.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the dupers actually worked for EA.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wine and cheese thread... Seriously all the duped runics do is make our gear cheaper. how is that a bad thing when we can have newbies as equipped as the 10 year vets?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my one gripe is that the hype of bans and the bans resulted in dupers able to raise prices and people still paying because they believe supply is down.

Y

Yalp

Clearly.. GM's are swamped and unable to respond to your posts/calls/reports... they are neck deep in checking every single one of our personal journals to see if we've got anything resembling a dot com in it.. and banning us for it.. clearly.. this is more important that the duping/cheating/economy wrecking/reputation destroying players...

up is down in this world..

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it might be possible to accumulate that many of those artifacts by buying out most of the lesser-used shards and moving the items to Atlantic to sell.

Hammers, obviously not, but the arties are possible, depending on the pricing.

Of course, no one in their right mind would stock everything at once if they were reselling - the daily vendor fees would cost more than the margin would bring in.

S

Shanna

wine and cheese thread... Seriously all the duped runics do is make our gear cheaper. how is that a bad thing when we can have newbies as equipped as the 10 year vets?
I sure hopes that's sarcasm or said with a goofy smile.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because you only think of how it benefits you, and not how it impacts the game and others who play it.

The runics are cheap, this is true.

They are bought from people who have infinite supply.

The people obtained these items by using the most illegal exploit possible in UO.

These people not only get infinite items, but are also getting thousands of dollars in real life cash from abusing this exploit. No one else is, they are the sole people making large profits, not the UO playerbase, only the exploiters.

If I went around and stole electronics from people houses, then sold them cheap, would you say I was doing a good thing because I was providing cheap electronics to people?

You need to do a bit of growing up if you still think like this, as it is a very immature way of thinking about serious problems, whether they affect an online game, or whether they are something more material. The justification of a problem isn't based purely off a single of many end results, but the entire chain of effects associated with it.

A

AesSedai

Omnius are you just fishing for a reply?
Why would anyone want to play a game for anywhere near ten years if it was just a Test Shard mentality?

Here's a little story about A Cheater's Burnout:
Golem set fighting skill = 100
Illegal script set auxillary skill = 100
Duper fencer = cheap uber armor
Look at me. Wee, I pwn!
So now what?
This game is boring. What's next?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, I almost agree with this post.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I went around and stole electronics from people houses, then sold them cheap, would you say I was doing a good thing because I was providing cheap electronics to people?
Naturally, I am firmly anti-exploit, however, perhaps a more apt analogy would be:

'We wave our magic wand and produce electronics out of thin air to sell for low prices. This causes existing electronics manufacturers to go out of business, because they cannot compete with us magic-wand-wavers.

Those without magic wands lose their jobs, and innovation ceases because everyone now has all of the electronics that they need, so there is no downward price pressure to keep the new-product supply going, and no companies left to innovate new ideas.

The bottom line is that everyone loses interest in electronics and decides playing with teddy bears is more fun.'

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is extremely frustrating to not see any action on these guys. its so easy to catch the dupers, we can find them no problem. i could even guarantee to get the owners to the shops easily but ea dont want the help of us here.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just going to ask this, how are you so certain these are dupers? Look at top left. Entirely possible to get all of those items legally.

O

originian

Just going to ask this, how are you so certain these are dupers? Look at top left. Entirely possible to get all of those items legally.

Got KR? Go look at how many are stacked on top. ya its possible to get one maybe 3 of each but 10-12 of each stacked on top. constantly restocked?

honestly..

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant believe anyone would defend a vendor with 5 blessed crimsons or 20 val hammers, yet i see people on these forums trying to say its a legit vendor establishment. open your eyes, atlantic is drowning in game killing items and it seems to our eyes that devs are not doing anything about it. these items are obviously flagged as possible dupes, yet players are still buying them! People are being blinded by low prices. Im sure there are plenty of players on here that complain about the duping yet they have been buying questionable items. Possible Solution? take down shards one by one, startin with atl, throw it on an internal test shard and check item id numbers on high end items. yes this is possible but would take time and manpower. or the last ditch effort is to just wipe all armor and weapons from all shards. most would hate this idea but id rather remake a few suits and weapons then have uo die, because at the rate its going, UO is dying.... these solutions would only work if they could stop the bugs that make the dupes

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got KR? Go look at how many are stacked on top. ya its possible to get one maybe 3 of each but 10-12 of each stacked on top. constantly restocked?

honestly..
Ok, go get me a screenshot of the vendor with 10 proxy swampys, grizzled mares, crimmys, and tokuno dyes. 10 each.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant believe anyone would defend a vendor with 5 blessed crimsons or 20 val hammers, yet i see people on these forums trying to say its a legit vendor establishment.
Duppers have access to Stratics.

In fact it appears that a few of them have posted in this thread.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wipe all armor and weapons from all shards.
Fine with me. But, not with most folks.

One way to solve duping permanently would be to convert Ultima Online to a modern system that supports a central database of item ID numbers. Each item entry in this database would have a unique ID number issued when a new item is created. This number cannot be changed for any reason.... any code that does so would be altered (such as server transfers). A command would need to be run to convert all items to this new unique number during the initial database creation -- after importing all existing items. Then, once everything is uniquely numbered, the individual shard databases can (say, once per hour) upload their items to the central server, resulting in no lag time for even the most remote users.

The final step is to run a process (similar to a cron job) on the central database that looks for duplicate ID numbers, and issues automatic deletion orders to the shard servers if a match is found - both matching entries would be removed without any developer intervention required.

I've tried to put this idea in lay terms. :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Didn´t you guys read the message board in that shop?

Obviously the items are obtained by disabled people using UO Assist... rolleyes:

S

Starla

That shop is set up with an altruistic vision that selling cheap runics, cool armors and weapons will even the playing field. The gold will then be sold and the RL$ be used to paid for dummy account subscriptions to boost EA income and further develop this game.... :p

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think the Barbed Runic Kits or Valorite Runics are duped. Even before this year there were 1000s of the BRKs continuously pumped out and sold across all the shards. It just someone running tailoring BOD scripts.

Then sometime this year, a EA thought it would be an excellent idea to increase the chances of getting Val Runic BODs and making the intensities of val runics to 80-100%. The tailoring BOD scriptor has simply adapted their scripts to include Smith BODs at the same time. The BOD scriptor doesnt even need to pay for more accounts.

So now you have tons of BRKs and also tons of Valorite Runics.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wipe all armor and weapons from all shards.
Fine with me. But, not with most folks.

One way to solve duping permanently would be to convert Ultima Online to a modern system that supports a central database of item ID numbers. Each item entry in this database would have a unique ID number issued when a new item is created. This number cannot be changed for any reason.... any code that does so would be altered (such as server transfers). A command would need to be run to convert all items to this new unique number during the initial database creation -- after importing all existing items. Then, once everything is uniquely numbered, the individual shard databases can (say, once per hour) upload their items to the central server, resulting in no lag time for even the most remote users.

The final step is to run a process (similar to a cron job) on the central database that looks for duplicate ID numbers, and issues automatic deletion orders to the shard servers if a match is found - both matching entries would be removed without any developer intervention required.

I've tried to put this idea in lay terms. :)
If only...

M

Mordocuo

I dont know why we even post results of player observation here. Cheaters Online--oooopps I mean Ultima Online has become a game of scripters and cheaters. Once in a while we see some show of rule enforcement by Draconi but the facts are EA/Mythic does not care to put the resources where thier mouth is. They were quoted several times as saying they will take action.

Well action speaks louder than words. The actions by EA/Mythic speak volumes.

Honest players have no way to compete with the cheats. If it is the crafter trying to EARN runics to make weapons or Armor. If it is the collector type trying build a museum. If it is the PvP person trying to earn gold for his suit. They are in constant competition with people that have bottomless bank accounts. The person who tries to buy an item for 100k gold is outbid by someone with that bottomless bank box and thus does not progress.

Some defenders of the cheats say they help make things cheaper. BULL DUNG!

Maybe they sell a runic cheaper--but then the honest person does not get compensated for thier hard work. Example. An honest player does thousands of bods and maybe with some luck gets one valorite hammer in a year. His effort is only worth what a dupped hammer sells for. Yet the dupper has 1000 hammers, so the cheaper price does nothing to hurt him.

Then that same dupper goes to an auction and sees an item he wants for his home. You bid on the item based on your honest work in UO and the dupper who has sold hundreds of dupped items bids so there is no competiton and gets the item.

Then the dupper goes out to buy a suit for themself and you an honest player dont have the gold to compete.

The next day the dupper simply make some more and his bank is refilled. Maybe he even dupes that item you were after a few hundred times making it almost worthless. It is definately no longer unique.

Then after all of this EA/Mythic will come in and make the unique item that they dupped change into something worthless because it was an obvious exploit. Yet the dupper laughs all the way to the bank as he sells the UO gold off for RL cash.

And comes back the next day to continue what they are doing.

Yet as mentioned in this thread and others that if EA/Mythic were serious, there are steps they could take to STOP this from going on.

But they choose not to. Wonder why?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dont know why we even post results of player observation here. Cheaters Online--oooopps I mean Ultima Online has become a game of scripters and cheaters. Once in a while we see some show of rule enforcement by Draconi but the facts are EA/Mythic does not care to put the resources where thier mouth is. They were quoted several times as saying they will take action.

Well action speaks louder than words. The actions by EA/Mythic speak volumes.

Honest players have no way to compete with the cheats. If it is the crafter trying to EARN runics to make weapons or Armor. If it is the collector type trying build a museum. If it is the PvP person trying to earn gold for his suit. They are in constant competition with people that have bottomless bank accounts. The person who tries to buy an item for 100k gold is outbid by someone with that bottomless bank box and thus does not progress.

Some defenders of the cheats say they help make things cheaper. BULL DUNG!

Maybe they sell a runic cheaper--but then the honest person does not get compensated for thier hard work. Example. An honest player does thousands of bods and maybe with some luck gets one valorite hammer in a year. His effort is only worth what a dupped hammer sells for. Yet the dupper has 1000 hammers, so the cheaper price does nothing to hurt him.

Then that same dupper goes to an auction and sees an item he wants for his home. You bid on the item based on your honest work in UO and the dupper who has sold hundreds of dupped items bids so there is no competiton and gets the item.

Then the dupper goes out to buy a suit for themself and you an honest player dont have the gold to compete.

The next day the dupper simply make some more and his bank is refilled. Maybe he even dupes that item you were after a few hundred times making it almost worthless. It is definately no longer unique.

Then after all of this EA/Mythic will come in and make the unique item that they dupped change into something worthless because it was an obvious exploit. Yet the dupper laughs all the way to the bank as he sells the UO gold off for RL cash.

And comes back the next day to continue what they are doing.

Yet as mentioned in this thread and others that if EA/Mythic were serious, there are steps they could take to STOP this from going on.

But they choose not to. Wonder why?
Agree! Well written.

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow these guys are either cheaters or they have no life what so ever...

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The owner of those vendors is some chick/dude from an wakoko. She buys the stuff there and then transfers that stuff here to atlantic...

But good job Mr.Detective, did you notice the prices on everything? Do you honestly think a duper would charge that much on an item that they have an endless supply of? Or could it be someone buys the stuff from their home shard (If you ever went to an Asian shard you will notice the big difference in prices) And they bring them here to sell.

Go on though, I'm sure you'll find a duper eventually, just pick out every vendor you see until you find your scapegoat. :loser:

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The owner of those vendors is some chick/dude from an wakoko. She buys the stuff there and then transfers that stuff here to atlantic...

But good job Mr.Detective, did you notice the prices on everything? Do you honestly think a duper would charge that much on an item that they have an endless supply of? Or could it be someone buys the stuff from their home shard (If you ever went to an Asian shard you will notice the big difference in prices) And they bring them here to sell.

Go on though, I'm sure you'll find a duper eventually, just pick out every vendor you see until you find your scapegoat. :loser:
------------------------------------------------------------------
your pretty much right, I just visted a lesser played asian shard and saw a blade of insanity for 300k.......gotta get me some transfer tokens.

T

Trebr Drab

How many honest runics, high end items, etc., do you think they could get that way?

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I am skeptical of that, especially given your penchant for making things up, but it's up to EA to divine the reality from the falsity when investigating these things. I have no proof on those specific vendors to otherwise debunk or validate your story however.

The vendors I posted in another thread with the runic items are dupe vendors, and those I do know for fact, as well as the owner of the mall they are in having full knowledge of the items/sellers origins, no searching needed in this case.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am skeptical of that, especially given your penchant for making things up, but it's up to EA to divine the reality from the falsity when investigating these things. I have no proof on those specific vendors to otherwise debunk or validate your story however.

The vendors I posted in another thread with the runic items are dupe vendors, and those I do know for fact, as well as the owner of the mall they are in having full knowledge of the items/sellers origins, no searching needed in this case.
It takes common sense to see that those vendors are not dupes. WHAT duper is gonna sell items 15%+ higher then EVERYONE else on the shard, 24 mil for a crys ring? when people are selling them for 18? (Find me a duper with an endless supply of these items trying to sell them for that high this vendor sells probably 3 items a week, where as the duper would have already sold hundreds at cheap prices)

You see a bunch of Arties and what not they MUST be dupes. You guys seriously need to find a new hobby other than calling out every vendor you see a dupers vendor. And are you still upset that I paged on somebody for having a URL in their profile? Get over lol.