• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much money do you have?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The same as everyone else, 0. The ToS Says EA retains ownership of all the content, including the content of your bank box, they just let us play with it.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same as everyone else, 0. The ToS Says EA retains ownership of all the content, including the content of your bank box, they just let us play with it.
And the State owns EA
What's the point?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Big question is do I sort through and sell some of my own stuff such old christmas / valentines gift, heritage token and tons of other crap.
Sure.. some of that stuff is easily sold and some of it most folks just use for turn in points for the "Clean Up" items. Still some value to some of the items as far as I know.

Also, before you start trashing stuff for points check the boxes closely as some of the boxes themselves are worth a chunk (Angel Boxes, Certain Neon Boxes etc)...

A couple of good links for those doing the merchant thing:
Rares - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics
Archive & Reference

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Economy is always a problem in a game that has been around forever. They should have a system like the "In Game Store" for gold and sell high end unique paintings and that sort of thing as a gold sink. Nothing game changing, deco items and such.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Economy is always a problem in a game that has been around forever. They should have a system like the "In Game Store" for gold and sell high end unique paintings and that sort of thing as a gold sink. Nothing game changing, deco items and such.
They should pick a couple empty spots in Malas and raffle off some castles. 100M per entry should pull a little gold out of the economy.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
10M in the bank. Never worked too hard to accumulate gold.

Though I probably have several hundred millions worth of event items accumulated over the years. Not planning to sell any of them anyway...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
about 5 to 10 platinum profit every month if were talking just gold (not counting items / houses / collections)

being able to make this much gold every month did not come overnight, but really anyone can do it to some extent at least. (being on atlantic or at least trade there is pretty much needed at this point)

Crafting suits, know what armor / jewels sell and spotting those 5m 10m 100m to bils pieces (not under-selling items), doing game content as soon as it comes out, vendors, EM events / rares trade.

anyone can make alot of gold in UO if thats something you want to do. but it really isnt needed. I would hate to see someone playing the game whos sole purpose it is to make gold. but i know people do that. Ideally, just being smart and making the things you already do and enjoy in game become profitable will lead you to a good amount of gold whatever you do.

You can also get by with very little gold. theres so many options nowadays and you can have fun, play a very respectable character, get geared, and deco your house nice for very little if your willing to play the game and do the content.

i respect a player more who does what he or she enjoys and doesnt have much gold, or care about too much, rather than those who seem only to care about gold or how much an item is "worth". its been said time and time again, but the real value of UO is how much enjoyment your getting out of the game.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
about 5 to 10 platinum profit every month if were talking just gold (not counting items / houses / collections)
o_O

Wow! My best month ever was around 3 and a half plat and I thought that was insane...

I reckon I need to step up my game when I return all the way.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Basically become a trader, buy low, sell high!!
So all high end drops, try to buy them and resell for small profits, its not the amount of profit but the number of trades you do which will make you rich. Although if lucky enough, 1 good trade can make you a Billionaire.
Do TMAPS, good place to find an uber ring/brace worth 500m+, or if lucky enough 1.5B like a guildie of mine.
IDOCS is also a very good place to make money too, from what falls to the floor.
Shadowguard and Exodus, have nice items that drop and sell nicely.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being in the rare collectors community as long as I have, it is more or less the wealthiest display of status in game. This of course doesn't include dupers since we have no idea what they stockpiled away. My estimates are as follows, and bare in mind the UO community pretty much works like the real world with wealth distribution i.e. pyramid structure with a couple on top and most on bottom.

My best estimates, currently:

1 person with Rares that totals more than 750 platinum
4 people with 300-500 platinum range
3 people with 100-300 platinum range
and about 10-20 or so 50-100 platinum range

this doesn't include those who sells them as fast as they get them. That's another half a dozen players or so etc... (in this group, I know at least 2 people that makes on average 6-8 platinum in selling of Event Items per month guaranteed).

so the wealthiest players about ~30

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I may have max 15 mills on all my accounts together, this Christmas trees are eating my gold.

Last edited:

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Most gold I've had was 70p on one acct. But are we counting rare items? If I sold my castles, Luna houses, 1000+ rares, suits... well then it would be... a lot. I estimate my estate to be worth 750p? Maybe more. @Pampa DH or @Nailswarstein could give a fair estimate.

@Manticore, we're you referring to me in your last post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
One of my recent trips to Atlantic I saw someone do a balance check of his bank box and realize they had 30 Platinum, 30!!! The most I saw on one shard in my bank was 90 million and that was after I sold an EM Drop there, of course, that amount did not stay long as I went shopping there.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got Most of my stuff in suits and items.

In Cash I am rather Low compared to some guyes here.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't it well over a T Gold alone that UO bragged about when they burnt all those houses a long time ago and you think that they got them all, LOL, I certainly do not. There is a lot more gold still out there, I know some people want you to wear rose colored glasses and think they got it all. Sadly to say there is still a lot more out there and IMHO there are still open gold taps still feeding UO, there is a lot of items being sold for 1P+ every day to think otherwise.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never put a price on my stuff so I don't know :)
Much of what I value isn't worth anything to other players. Like my hatchet crafted by PorkChopJesus... I still remember going to the Smithy in Brit and getting him to fix all my gear time and time again. Though eventually I could repair my own gear I rather enjoyed the conversations at the Smithy and the convenience of just handing him my bow and having him quick repair it and give it back.

I also treasure roses with the names of long gone friends. Something that to me I would never sell at any price... but to others is only worth a little gold.

And IMO most the EM Event items that I've personally gotten are worth far more in memory of a good time and a good story than they would be if I sold them.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I counted how much gold I had was in 2003. I was rich from Doom with over 1 billion in gold and items. Today, I'm worth like 8-10 million! lol. No one wants Doom arties any more, of which i have over a hundred. Word to the wise, sell em' whether hot!