• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Many Will Wait and See???

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

A recent interview with Josh & Calvin (currently on this page) has many buzzing about what is contained within the Stygian Abyss expansion, and what is coming to UO's future.

I have never downloaded KR, nor the Enhanced Client. And as I write this, I am inclined NOT to purchase SA. I am strongly leaning toward waiting and reading what others experience before making my final decisions concerning SA and the enhanced client.

I have played UO continuously for 12 years. I currently pay for 10+ accounts. I simply cannot see, nor afford really, to gamble on an enhanced client and a new expansion, both which appear unappealing to me based upon the comments in the aforementioned interview, and in the Forums for the new client and for SA.

I hope I am wrong, but what I'm hearing so far leads me to conclude that UO is once again about to try to coerce or outright force players to do that which they refuse to do.

Time will tell if my fears are well founded or woefully misplaced.

However, I am not about to plunk down money for any expansion if it seeks to return me to a "wild, wild, west" experience which came closer to driving me away from UO than anything else the Developers have ever done.

I cannot help but wonder if I am alone with these thoughts, or if far more share such thoughts than I or the Developers may even imagine.

What say the Folks???

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I was kinda sitting on the fence but still in the purchase on release column. Until this. Now I think I'll wait until the other shoe drops. There is nothing in the expansion I can't live without.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

A recent interview with Josh & Calvin (currently on this page) has many buzzing about what is contained within the Stygian Abyss expansion, and what is coming to UO's future.

I have never downloaded KR, nor the Enhanced Client. And as I write this, I am inclined NOT to purchase SA. I am strongly leaning toward waiting and reading what others experience before making my final decisions concerning SA and the enhanced client.

I have played UO continuously for 12 years. I currently pay for 10+ accounts. I simply cannot see, nor afford really, to gamble on an enhanced client and a new expansion, both which appear unappealing to me based upon the comments in the aforementioned interview, and in the Forums for the new client and for SA.

I hope I am wrong, but what I'm hearing so far leads me to conclude that UO is once again about to try to coerce or outright force players to do that which they refuse to do.

However, I am not about to plunk down money for any expansion if it seeks to return me to a "wild, wild, west" experience which came closer to driving me away from UO than anything else the Developers have ever done.

I cannot help but wonder if I am alone with these thoughts, or if far more share such thoughts than I or the Developers may even imagine.

What say the Folks???

In before the lock (if my post was locked I do not see why this should not.....).

I will definately, certainly and without a inch of a doubt wait to know more.

And, I will need to read a VERY CLEAR clarification about where Ultima Online is wanted to go.

No more misunderstandings.......

I work hard for the money I make and am NOT willing to throw it away on not responsible purchases.

S

Stupid Miner

Don't base SA based on some dumb interview. He barely touched on even half the content that'll be in there. So far the only thing SA and PvP have to do with each other is the Champ spawns. Don't believe the Uhall hype, they're headless chickens; you wont have to worry about a non-consensual pvp expansion or anything like that. If they did that the player base would be spitting so much acid at them that they'd dissolve anyway.

N

Ni-

The EC (Enhanced Client) is free.

I'm going to pay for the SA expansion for both of my accounts, but that is because I've tried it myself instead of letting others make a decision for me. I like what I've seen so far, so I will buy them both for $30 each.

Everything I've seen, I either like or don't dislike. I'd like to thank the Devs for their hard work and for letting me Beta, though I'm not sure how must of a help I've been!

:thumbsup:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hail Folks,

What say the Folks???
my opinion is this, WITHOUT DELAY, top priority, download 2d enhanced client and enjoy the beta, it is AMAZING you dont have to adapt just enjoy new content and,well EVERYTHING

it is shockingly good, i do not like the SA client much, dont like change, this does not force me too, the gargoyle flying is something to see

your only dilemma should be if you want to buy 10 expansions, i know i have, and WILL buy 2 straight away

try it, you will love it

no bugs no hassle, just a bigger 2d world:)

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried the new SA (Enhanced), not impressed at all. Things to me are not crisp, but blurry/hazy would be a better description I guess. Many items, creatures are out of proportion in size, learning many new commands to do whats easy in 2D isn't my cup of tea. So I will stick with the Classic 2D myself. Yes some things are nice & easier in the Enhanced, but they do not outweigh the negatives for me. The couple of comments Mr Calvin made also did not impress me towards UO customers. The "Care Bear" one especially, an as a PR Rep for UO, that comment should never have been made. That one comment alienated many folks. I myself have 6 accounts, my son 1, so 7 between our family, I highly doubt I will get the upgrade. Yes the new area is fantastic from what I have seen on the shard. But for $30 an account I'll keep my money in my pocket til we see what else is up EA's sleeve as he stated. To me after 9 1/2 yrs, I won't drop a client I am more then familiar with to relearn the game again by getting use to a new client (I have given it hrs of trying to get use to it & navigate in it) that the UO experience & feel to me is a lot different. As far as the expansion, I think I have spent enough money in expansions, account add on's over the years & with today's economy, personally $30 an account is way too much to dish out for just a game. Just my opinion & 2 cents for what it's worth.

N

NewThunder

Hail Folks,

What say the Folks???
I will wait to see if enough CAREBEARS quit, if they do i will buy the expansion for all of my accounts. Bring back the risk to UO.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will wait to see if enough CAREBEARS quit, if they do i will buy the expansion for all of my accounts. Bring back the risk to UO.
Problem is, if enough of the "Carebears" do quit, there might not be a UO. That would be a UO Risk :( & are they really wanting to take that risk.

A

agpga

I too have 10+ accounts and the only reason I have been keeping them open is to see what becomes of the new expansion. So far i am not to sure I like the content. I was looking forward to imbuing but I find way too many restrictions when trying to improve armour and weapons that I don't think I will be able to make anything I already own better and as most of the stuff I have is pretty elite I don't think the skill will benefit me. After playing this game for almost 12 years and having worked many skills to GM and then 120 the thought of having to rework characters and train new skills ( to get any skills up to a level worth while to play) (and the fact that it is against the TOS to macro AFK) is not my idea of fun as I would rather play the game at the highest level to compete than to spend time training. I will probably upgrade one account to start just to see what SA has to offer a little more indepth once the lag is gone from Beta but so far from what I have seen I will probably let this game fade into my memories.

W

Wilde1

I will upgrade both my accounts. There is a LOT in this expansion...much more than a new client, gargoyles and imbuing. It will take me a long time to get to all the new goodies. I'm looking forward to it.

No wait and see for me.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't base SA based on some dumb interview. He barely touched on even half the content that'll be in there. So far the only thing SA and PvP have to do with each other is the Champ spawns. Don't believe the Uhall hype, they're headless chickens; you wont have to worry about a non-consensual pvp expansion or anything like that. If they did that the player base would be spitting so much acid at them that they'd dissolve anyway.

Look, I VALUE my money because I sweat to earn it.

So, unless I get a clarification which goes beyond any possible misunderstanding from an official representative I am NOT going to spend it when I feel I may become sorry of having spent it afterwards.

I will wait until I am convinced that no such change will come to UO that will make me sorry that I have spent my hard earned money on the game that may take a direction which I do not like at all.

Besides, the simple thing that an important announcement like that is supposed to come AFTER the release of the expansion and not before is something which I ALREADY don't like not even a little.

Personally, as a customer who is about to spend money I would hope announcements so important to come BEFORE customers commit their money on a purchase, not after......

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yeah... We get that part.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I have only two account and I will definetely upgrade my main account.

I cant imbue otherwise,right?

If you have more than 10+ accounts I dont see the problem at all.
Simply upgrade your main account and let the rest be on hold.
That way you can make up your mind on your own.

The one time cost for upgrade will hardly be noticeble when you have that amount of accounts.

Regards
The Scandinavian

L

Lord Patapon

Well, I think I won't wait.

It is ... well, kind of surprising to say this, for me, but I think I might get on enhanced client full time.

And even if the SA content only have few PvP-stuff, I think this expansion is one of the greatest we ever had, imho. (remember LBR ? SE ?)
Just for things like Imbuing, just for those new challenges in the dungeons (and those dungeons ARE challenging, actually, if you wanna go through all the content it has)

ps: this "carebear" thing from Cal is silly. Tram players have been called that for years, now (and even some more insultant things, if I remember well.), so it's not an intelligent choice of words, but it sure gets the hype.
I'll wait and see about that.

S

Sweety

The only things ive done in the new client are play with the housing, imbuing, and check out some of the new lands. Those few things are enough to make me want to upgrade.
Just try the open beta and see if you like it or not.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to wait and see. And I was so excited about the expansion too. :(

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much what everyone else said, I will upgrade. And as for the other tidbit everyone is freaking about, well if thats the case (and I seriously doubt it) people who dont want to risk it can opt to not travel there as many now choose not to go to fel. others will choose to go there. Thats the great thing about UO the choice to participate or not. It is obviously not going to be the major part of the expansion as its being announce after. There are so many things that have been added that one thing alone will not sway me. Its no big deal.

D

Der Rock

And even if the SA content only have few PvP-stuff, I think this expansion is one of the greatest we ever had, imho. (remember LBR ? SE ?)
Just for things like Imbuing, just for those new challenges in the dungeons (and those dungeons ARE challenging, actually, if you wanna go through all the content it has)

ps: this "carebear" thing from Cal is silly. Tram players have been called that for years, now (and even some more insultant things, if I remember well.), so it's not an intelligent choice of words, but it sure gets the hype.
I'll wait and see about that.
We dont discuss SA content and enhanced client :)
that both are realy nice and i find both exellent done (thx devs)
we talk about what surprices we "carebears" get after the release so calvin say :(
(one time to screw (after ML release) is enough for me)

S

Sweety

Just read that interview hasn't changed my mind. Still gonna upgrade. I trust they're not gonna do something to scare away all their trammy players.

Though i think it would be cool if they did something like invasions that allowed fellucians into trammel. Drop all the trammel barriers except in town for a few days.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My gut feeling is that the sky is not going to fall and UO is not going to turn into an all-Fel situation. As I posted elsewhere, I believe Calvin is hinting at the return of Order/Chaos. And if you look at how the Stygian Abyss is laid out with two sides and a very small area connecting the two sides, it seems like it might be a very fun place to pit two sides against each other for PvP. But it also has tons of room for PvM experiences too.

At this point, I don't really know what I'm going to do. Because of my current RL situation, the smartest thing I could do at this point is just close all my accounts and walk away from UO for a long time, if not forever. It can gobble up huge amounts of time and I have far too many accounts that I have just dragged my feet on closing down for a variety of reasons, the "easiest" one being that many of the accounts hold guild housing shared with guild mates.

I still have yet to do much exploring on Retribution. There's a lot to like about the coming expansion, based on what I've experienced and read so far. Even though I have to do more exploring, I had almost convinced myself I would be buying one to maybe three expansion codes. Reading the interview with Calvin and Josh though has, however, made me pause.

For quite a while now, I think many of us have expected Order/Chaos to make a return. I've had a lot of mixed feelings about that idea. I've been in factions with thieves, archers, and tamers for a few years now. But I can't say I'm a PvP pro. Far from it. I'm no longer bothered by the idea of someone outdoing me in a competition or being ganked, if everyone is playing fair. I don't even care much about the trash talking. However, what frustrates me is the rampant cheating. And that is a subject that we rarely if ever see being addressed, maybe because it lacks glamour or pizzazz. Folks who read this and are familiar with UO PvP know this issue well, so I won't beat it into the ground. But I suspect it is the problem that has caused many a player who enjoys PvP to walk away from UO.

If Order/Chaos returned and if by some miracle EA were able to seriously cramp the style of the moronic cheaters who overrun Fel and ruin PvP for everyone, I might consider jumping into it even though it would undoubtedly mean no more Trammel safe haven for the characters I would put into Order/Chaos. This is, however, where I'm really getting hung up. I just don't know if I have it in me to play characters that have to always be on the alert. Maybe I'm just too darn flighty or distracted for it. Or perhaps I just lack the conviction that I can succeed at PvP. Whatever..... I just can't find in myself a desire for nonstop PvP, especially in a situation made terribly lopsided because of rampant cheating. I guess I like it in measured, controlled doses and I like having a backdoor to escape through if necessary. I guess this old gal will never be a real PvPer and at most just a some-time wannabe PvPer. Pretty pathetic I suppose to all you tough guys and gals that seemingly live to PvP.

Anyway, to end this long musing, I'll just say I really don't know what I'm going to do. I don't like being teased over something that costs me good money. In better times, I might overlook it. But today it isn't something that I'm willing to overlook as a corporate strategy. If the vagueness continues much longer, I will go with my nagging gut feeling that sinking more money into UO would be a serious mistake and just walk away.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say you don't buy the expansion if you don't want to. I'm sure I speak for most people when I say those of us who will be buying it could not care less.

I do find the very few people complaining about this absolutely hilarious though. One slight hint that they may have to enter a PvP enabled area in SA and they start acting like the Apocalypse is coming on the 8th instead!

Spare a thought for all us True Britannians (no, not the faction) who have had to endure time in Tram, Ilsh, Malas and Tokuno over the years, not to mention Fel where we have been basically exiled to.

Players like myself who HATED, ABSOLUTLY HATED Ren and all that came with it, but yet kept paying our monthly subscriptions for the last 8 years. We have stuck by this game even when the Devs have done the stupidest things immaginable...

If you are not prepared to give a little to people of other play styles, then please, kindly go through with your threats and LEAVE. Do us all a favor and stop posting this rubbish on U.Hall while your at it.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to buy expansion codes for each of my 23+ accounts on day 1.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the OP can have 10+ accounts, why can't I have 23+? Now, here is an interesting question,

is 23+ > 10+ ?

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But for $30 an account I'll keep my money in my pocket til we see what else is up EA's sleeve as he stated. To me after 9 1/2 yrs, I won't drop a client I am more then familiar with to relearn the game again by getting use to a new client
*sniffles*

Posts like this make Baby Draconi cry. WHYYYY?

Either the 2D client or the new Enhanced client can be used with the new expansion content.

Although, let me ask, since this is starting to get Vexing: as a UO Moderator, how would you suggest we more effectively communicate with the Stratics community that the expansion itself has nothing to do with the game clients?

"The clients, both kinds, are free, and either one can be used to play the expansion." <-- Being the main point :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've told them, Draconi, over and over. My granny used to say 'There's none so deaf as them that don't want to hear'.

I'm not going to buy the expansion on the 8th though.................I'll probably wait at least 2 more days beyond that :D.
I wanna make dyes! and breed chickens, and get big carpets, and milk serpents and fight things that aren't too nasty for me by myself.........and maybe I'll team up with some folks to fight other stuff, because that Stygian Dragon sure is beautiful. I'm going to train imbuing, I've worked out how to do it without too much cost, then I'm going to tweak my char's kit into what I wished it was instead of what I settled for.

M

Mephistos

Was going to preorder 3 possibly 4 accounts, but with the new statement that after the expansion, they plan to possibly drastically change my playstyle, I may buy just one, perhaps none. That stands until they clarify that whole interview a tad bit more...

M

Mephistos

Would you sell me one of your many TRAMMEL Luna houses then?

*edit* - no, this isn't Omnius

M

Mayadevi

Draconi !

Awww... we didn't mean to make you cry !

We keep telling folks, there's just lots of folks to tell !

Anyway man, there's a fire to put out !

I heard explosions were real good at putting out fires !

:flame:

*giggles*

Oh thanks for EVERYTHING ! Really do love you master of disaster, wasn't being sarcastic about that. lol

Mayadevi ( was pre-ordering 8 now...gonna wait )

PS. Changing the name to the "enhanced client", helped I think, peeps were confused since the expansion and the client had the same name I think.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've told them, Draconi, over and over. My granny used to say 'There's none so deaf as them that don't want to hear'.

I'm not going to buy the expansion on the 8th though.................I'll probably wait at least 2 more days beyond that :D.
I wanna make dyes! and breed chickens, and get big carpets, and milk serpents and fight things that aren't too nasty for me by myself.........and maybe I'll team up with some folks to fight other stuff, because that Stygian Dragon sure is beautiful. I'm going to train imbuing, I've worked out how to do it without too much cost, then I'm going to tweak my char's kit into what I wished it was instead of what I settled for.
What she said!

I can't wait for the new expansion. Hubby and I have been in the beta for a while and getting more and more excited with each update. I'll be taking a one of my crafters to the gargoyle side, and creating an all new Gargoyle to fight with. I can't wait.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was going to preorder 3 possibly 4 accounts, but with the new statement that after the expansion, they plan to possibly drastically change my playstyle, I may buy just one, perhaps none. That stands until they clarify that whole interview a tad bit more...
You realise that no one has said anything of the kind? Only the scaremongers here have interpreted it like that.

M

Mephistos

You realise that no one has said anything of the kind? Only the scaremongers here have interpreted it like that.
Calvin: That's something we're going to try to do in two pieces. We're going to have an announcement after this launch about another piece that will turn UO back into the Wild, Wild West that everyone wants.

Let me say what I said in my post, until this is clarified, I'm buying one, perhaps none...

I bolded the pertinent information, so you could notice it yourself...

G

Gandie

*sniffles*

Although, let me ask, since this is starting to get Vexing: as a UO Moderator, how would you suggest we more effectively communicate with the Stratics community that the expansion itself has nothing to do with the game clients?
You can't. They only see what the want to see! :danceb:

T

TheGrayGhost

*sniffles*

Posts like this make Baby Draconi cry. WHYYYY?

Either the 2D client or the new Enhanced client can be used with the new expansion content.

"The clients, both kinds, are free, and either one can be used to play the expansion." <-- Being the main point :)

lol he seperated the client and the expansion in his comment. He said he would still be using the 2D client nothing more really on this.

The SA expansion comment is, after what Cal said many simply are going to wait to see what he was talking about exactly. They want it clearly laid out from the horses mouth whats going to transpire. Some also want a retraction on the Carebear comment and want it at least acknolwedge he probably shouldn't have said it. Otherwise many are going to simply wait to buy the client until further info on the "Yet to be announced" changes to come.

@OP

Me, my 3 accounts are getting the expansion :). SA looks sweet and I always roll with change well so w/e happens I'm fine.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calvin: That's something we're going to try to do in two pieces. We're going to have an announcement after this launch about another piece that will turn UO back into the Wild, Wild West that everyone wants.

Let me say what I said in my post, until this is clarified, I'm buying one, perhaps none...

I bolded the pertinent information, so you could notice it yourself...
Yeah... I don't mind saying it again in this thread, since it's being taken in such a wrong way.

He was talking about two things:

One, we added to Champ Spawns to the Stygian Abyss. You aren't required to pass through them, they're on the sides as optional content, and they're Felucca ruleset. This was related to the "care bear" comment about how dangerous the Abyss could be.

Two, no. We're never going to make a large-scale change to the current game that would force people to play in a new ruleset. We'd be fools, absolute fools, to ruin such a good thing we've already got.

Anything we add for PvP would be self-contained and not affect the way you currently play the game (unless you chose to participate by going to the place in question, etc).

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen, and what I have seen is enough to upgrade my accounts. I have only been peeking at crafter gumps - not wanting to spoil myself too much. As for the OP`s fears, those have been laid to rest. But if I was a developer I would make sure content added to an expansion catered to many different playstyles. Which they have done, including pvp`ers and crafters alike.

When I will have time to explore the new lands I have no idea. I am still not finished with ML...

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing that its a PvP battleground, dueling system, or something like that. I hope so anyway. Please?!?!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to say it Draconi, but you might want to put a great big THIS IS WHAT'S HAPPENING!! on the Herald.

Otherwise, you Petra, kelmo, Tomas myself and others are just going to be :wall::wall::wall: and getting major heaaches.

M

Mephistos

Yeah... I don't mind saying it again in this thread, since it's being taken in such a wrong way.

He was talking about two things:

One, we added to Champ Spawns to the Stygian Abyss. You aren't required to pass through them, they're on the sides as optional content, and they're Felucca ruleset. This was related to the "care bear" comment about how dangerous the Abyss could be.

Two, no. We're never going to make a large-scale change to the current game that would force people to play in a new ruleset. We'd be fools, absolute fools, to ruin such a good thing we've already got.

Anything we add for PvP would be self-contained and not affect the way you currently play the game (unless you chose to participate by going to the place in question, etc).
I do understand all that, it's information that's been widely available both in Beta (which I participated in) and now open Beta. The comment that Cal made implies that after people have all purchased the upgrade (the launch),

"We're going to have an announcement after this launch about another piece that will turn UO back into the Wild, Wild West that everyone wants."

The implication is that there is something "new" that no one but developers know about that will be revealed after I spend my money. If it's not something "new", that isn't really an announcement. If the "new" information is really wonderful, wouldn't that be an excellent selling point, instead of keeping it in secrecy?

I do appreciate you coming on the boards as "damage control". As a returning player, seeing the amount of interaction between the developers and the community indicates that perhaps the developers really do care about our cares and concerns. My concern right now is my pocketbook, and the statement from what I understand is a "big wig" (Cal) in the company talks openly in an interview about an unknown new announcement to come after the launch.

If there isn't going to be an announcement after the launch, perhaps that's what needs to be clarified.

Basically, I would like to get 3-4 upgrades, but with the announcement of a change after the launch, i can get by with one, and judge if I want more when the announcement is made...

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do understand all that, it's information that's been widely available both in Beta (which I participated in) and now open Beta. The comment that Cal made implies that after people have all purchased the upgrade (the launch),

"We're going to have an announcement after this launch about another piece that will turn UO back into the Wild, Wild West that everyone wants."

The implication is that there is something "new" that no one but developers know about that will be revealed after I spend my money. If it's not something "new", that isn't really an announcement. If the "new" information is really wonderful, wouldn't that be an excellent selling point, instead of keeping it in secrecy?

I do appreciate you coming on the boards as "damage control". As a returning player, seeing the amount of interaction between the developers and the community indicates that perhaps the developers really do care about our cares and concerns. My concern right now is my pocketbook, and the statement from what I understand is a "big wig" (Cal) in the company talks openly in an interview about an unknown new announcement to come after the launch.

If there isn't going to be an announcement after the launch, perhaps that's what needs to be clarified.

Basically, I would like to get 3-4 upgrades, but with the announcement of a change after the launch, i can get by with one, and judge if I want more when the announcement is made...
Oh for crying out loud! :coco:

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I see what you mean now.

Any announcement we make will be made as part of the "Live" game development cycle, and essentially be a "Hey, in a future publish for Live, we're going to do this cool thing." Much like how we've released previous Live content publishes, including:
* The Paragon system
* The Treasures of Tokuno
* The Trial of Ricardo

T

TheGrayGhost

I hate to say it Draconi, but you might want to put a great big THIS IS WHAT'S HAPPENING!! on the Herald.

Otherwise, you Petra, kelmo, Tomas myself and others are just going to be :wall::wall::wall: and getting major heaaches.
This!!!!!!! lol :danceb:

I think we should all say a prayer for our poor stratic mods and UO devs tonight. Cal has given them a ton of work lol.

Might want to put a sticky on here with Draconi's responses as well.

M

Mephistos

I see what you mean now.

Any announcement we make will be made as part of the "Live" game development cycle, and essentially be a "Hey, in a future publish for Live, we're going to do this cool thing." Much like how we've released previous Live content publishes, including:
* The Paragon system
* The Treasures of Tokuno
* The Trial of Ricardo
Thanks for finally clarifying that!! Ongoing scenarios, EM events and whatnot are excellent things for each shard, and are enjoyed by the majority of players, myself included. They are constantly changing, and the outcomes of them of course cannot be foreseen, even by the developers perhaps at some times. Cal probably should have been briefed a little better for his interview...

I do appreciate you taking the time to clarify it once again, and perhaps my pocketbook will thank you... :)

N

NewThunder

If you repeat yourself too much I will have to start calling you Popps!