• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how many people actually play kingdom reborn?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When KR first came out I was highly disappointed, the computer I had at the time wouldn't run it and I was not about to go buy a new computer just for one silly computer game.

Thankfully that thing bit the big one and I HAD to buy a new computer *grins* downloaded KR and STILL couldn't play...GRRR! Finally I don't know what they did but I was finally able to run it YAY! And I LOVE it!

The UI is alot more friendly,a bit buggy still but much easier imo to use.

The first thing that really turned me off was the graphics, they started out...not so good *laughs*but with each patch they got better...the only thing that REALLY bothered me was my paperdoll...I WAS HIDEOUS! UGH!

Here are some screenies..this first one I LOVE the look of natures fury.

This...ahhh..my poor Maharia....this was probably one of the main reasons I didn't play *laughs*

I took this screenie shortly after CatHat messed with the female dolls the first time...and the improvement was drastic, so much so that I was much happier with the way Maharia looked and actually tried to play KR for the first time.

I had done a few comparision shots awhile back, for the people that have exclusively played 2D the images are frightening, I understand, things look SO different but it doesn't mean they look BAD. It took me awhile to get used to the KR graphics.

And finally they got the female doll PERFECT! My Maharia was sexy again

My house comparision shots in 2D and KR

The 2D players are used to things looking crisp and sharp, and while I do love that, I also love the softness and blending in KR. I stood at yew gate once in the KR client and while really sluggish, it was not that hard to PvP. Just takes some getting used to.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When KR first came out I was highly disappointed, the computer I had at the time wouldn't run it and I was not about to go buy a new computer just for one silly computer game.

Thankfully that thing bit the big one and I HAD to buy a new computer *grins* downloaded KR and STILL couldn't play...GRRR! Finally I don't know what they did but I was finally able to run it YAY! And I LOVE it!

The UI is alot more friendly,a bit buggy still but much easier imo to use.

The first thing that really turned me off was the graphics, they started out...not so good *laughs*but with each patch they got better...the only thing that REALLY bothered me was my paperdoll...I WAS HIDEOUS! UGH!

Here are some screenies..this first one I LOVE the look of natures fury.

This...ahhh..my poor Maharia....this was probably one of the main reasons I didn't play *laughs*

I took this screenie shortly after CatHat messed with the female dolls the first time...and the improvement was drastic, so much so that I was much happier with the way Maharia looked and actually tried to play KR for the first time.

I had done a few comparision shots awhile back, for the people that have exclusively played 2D the images are frightening, I understand, things look SO different but it doesn't mean they look BAD. It took me awhile to get used to the KR graphics.

And finally they got the female doll PERFECT! My Maharia was sexy again

My house comparision shots in 2D and KR

The 2D players are used to things looking crisp and sharp, and while I do love that, I also love the softness and blending in KR. I stood at yew gate once in the KR client and while really sluggish, it was not that hard to PvP. Just takes some getting used to.

G

I PvP on mage, and i cant play without targeting on mousewheel. So no KR for me.

Also didnt work at all on my old computer, might do on new haven't tested it yet.

G

I PvP on mage, and i cant play without targeting on mousewheel. So no KR for me.

Also didnt work at all on my old computer, might do on new haven't tested it yet.

G

I can't even attempt to try and play it as I crash shortly after logging in. My computer isn't like top of the line, but it runs WoW and other similar games and gameplay is smooth as glass... why it has trouble is beyond me.

G

I can't even attempt to try and play it as I crash shortly after logging in. My computer isn't like top of the line, but it runs WoW and other similar games and gameplay is smooth as glass... why it has trouble is beyond me.

B

BadManiac

I have a fast enough PC to play KR no problem. But to me there's just too many little issues and problems that prevent me from playing it, so I stopped even trying.
It's too blurry, it's gotten better, but it's still not as crisp and sharp as the 2D client. It's also too dark, all the colors are washed out and darkened, makes everything look dull and gloomy. The dark and blurry graphics makes me strain my eyes, so I physically can't play for long before my eyes feel dry and sore. Have the same problem in many modern games where blur seems to be a feature. Usually you can turn it off but not always (Unreal Tournament 3, UO:KR...)

Apart from that, the new interface, and the new look of the world and all the items just doesn't look or "feel" UO to me at all. And on top of that there are no drakes, my brown dragon isn't brown, my reptalon looks awful with a big red rudolf nose, my blue beetle wont fit in my 13x18 house, the containers wont stay where I put them, containers always revert to useless slotted mode no matter how many times I select free form mode, Grabbing objects make them zoom in so when you let go they drop nowhere near where you want them to go, KR intermittently deletes all hotbars and macros randomly for no reason. I could go on

0% KR, 100% 2D

B

BadManiac

I have a fast enough PC to play KR no problem. But to me there's just too many little issues and problems that prevent me from playing it, so I stopped even trying.
It's too blurry, it's gotten better, but it's still not as crisp and sharp as the 2D client. It's also too dark, all the colors are washed out and darkened, makes everything look dull and gloomy. The dark and blurry graphics makes me strain my eyes, so I physically can't play for long before my eyes feel dry and sore. Have the same problem in many modern games where blur seems to be a feature. Usually you can turn it off but not always (Unreal Tournament 3, UO:KR...)

Apart from that, the new interface, and the new look of the world and all the items just doesn't look or "feel" UO to me at all. And on top of that there are no drakes, my brown dragon isn't brown, my reptalon looks awful with a big red rudolf nose, my blue beetle wont fit in my 13x18 house, the containers wont stay where I put them, containers always revert to useless slotted mode no matter how many times I select free form mode, Grabbing objects make them zoom in so when you let go they drop nowhere near where you want them to go, KR intermittently deletes all hotbars and macros randomly for no reason. I could go on

0% KR, 100% 2D

G

I've given it a good solid try, even did some skins for it.

I must say, for my paladin & samurai, it's brilliant. But.. I'm not the type of person to play hack/slash templates all that often. There are simply too many issues with it to make it a viable client to use with the characters I prefer, and there are game-breaking issues for my Shepherd (my "main").

I'd say it's seven tenths of a good client for two thirds of play styles. I look at trailers on YouTube for UO2 and UXO and wonder what went so wrong, and why it's it happening again.

G

I've given it a good solid try, even did some skins for it.

I must say, for my paladin & samurai, it's brilliant. But.. I'm not the type of person to play hack/slash templates all that often. There are simply too many issues with it to make it a viable client to use with the characters I prefer, and there are game-breaking issues for my Shepherd (my "main").

I'd say it's seven tenths of a good client for two thirds of play styles. I look at trailers on YouTube for UO2 and UXO and wonder what went so wrong, and why it's it happening again.

I

imported_Splup

<blockquote><hr>

Only problem with KR I really have is the random crashes, would suck if that happened in doom/peerless run lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, I use 2D and I can tell you that 2D crashes a lot also.

I

imported_Splup

<blockquote><hr>

Only problem with KR I really have is the random crashes, would suck if that happened in doom/peerless run lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, I use 2D and I can tell you that 2D crashes a lot also.

F

Flanuva101

I dont think enough people play it to consider it useful anymore. There was a thread on stratics that everyone were saying how the graphics were awesome and competing with the current 3d games out there....ummm no, not even close. The graphics are horrible, like a mix between a cartoon and a train wreck. You cant have a 3d game client and not be able to change the camera to fp or even close to fp.

F

Flanuva101

I dont think enough people play it to consider it useful anymore. There was a thread on stratics that everyone were saying how the graphics were awesome and competing with the current 3d games out there....ummm no, not even close. The graphics are horrible, like a mix between a cartoon and a train wreck. You cant have a 3d game client and not be able to change the camera to fp or even close to fp.

G

if you're playing KR just for the graphics, that is a pretty dumb reason... uo was meant to be a 2d game and i dunno why people would switch, if u wanna play for graphics go join the 10 million others and play WOW, i am extremely surprised at how many people play KR after reading this because almost everyone i talk to in uo runs on 2d, pretty sure everyone or most in my guild do and most of the pvpers and such... one thing about kr is that you can't run while holding down the left control button for some strange reason which is what i use to talk in ventrilo... i was excited at first i got into the closed beta of KR and was like oh cool but then realized it would take a long time to get used to doing everything, all the settings and buttons are all different, no idea how to set up macros in it still and such, the only thing i had been using KR for in the recent past was to delete a character once a week and create one to do the newby quest in hopes of getting one of the skill tutor statuettes from the dark knight

G

if you're playing KR just for the graphics, that is a pretty dumb reason... uo was meant to be a 2d game and i dunno why people would switch, if u wanna play for graphics go join the 10 million others and play WOW, i am extremely surprised at how many people play KR after reading this because almost everyone i talk to in uo runs on 2d, pretty sure everyone or most in my guild do and most of the pvpers and such... one thing about kr is that you can't run while holding down the left control button for some strange reason which is what i use to talk in ventrilo... i was excited at first i got into the closed beta of KR and was like oh cool but then realized it would take a long time to get used to doing everything, all the settings and buttons are all different, no idea how to set up macros in it still and such, the only thing i had been using KR for in the recent past was to delete a character once a week and create one to do the newby quest in hopes of getting one of the skill tutor statuettes from the dark knight

G

I started playing UO when it first came out and have taken many breaks in between my returns. UOKR was the reason I decided to come back and see what had improved and I have not been disappointed with the exception of the stability issues.

Hands down UOKR is better than the 2D. I'm not one for change but I'm all for progress. I'm baffled by the people who love their 2D client...it's total nostalgia at this point although I agree it should be an option always for those which to use it. The 2d client is virtually the same client as Ultima 8 circa 1994.

About 2 months ago I did have some issues with the UOKR client but did get them fixed through the advice of some of the stratics forum members. After playing UOKR for 3 months and not having access to UO I decided to hop on the 2d client.

What I noticed first is how awfully slow the 2D client is...my sprite drags and bumps around the screen slowly. Everything seems to move slower with the old client. With UOKR client everything is smoother and faster.

I do know I'll never go back to playing the 2D client and if UOKR disappeared I'd probably be off looking for some other game to play.

I participated in UO Beta test before UO was released so the public and even then at that time the client was full of bugs and holes and people were screaming about how it never should have been released so early.

UO is a massive game and very intricate it's going to take time to get all the kinks out. It's always going to be a work in progress.

Believe me when I tell you that the 2D client will always pull on my heartstrings and bring back some of the best memeries the game has ever provided. That being said I only hope that the Devs continue to improve the UOKR client and add as much things to it as they possibly can. Stability should be their primary focus right now.

G

I started playing UO when it first came out and have taken many breaks in between my returns. UOKR was the reason I decided to come back and see what had improved and I have not been disappointed with the exception of the stability issues.

Hands down UOKR is better than the 2D. I'm not one for change but I'm all for progress. I'm baffled by the people who love their 2D client...it's total nostalgia at this point although I agree it should be an option always for those which to use it. The 2d client is virtually the same client as Ultima 8 circa 1994.

About 2 months ago I did have some issues with the UOKR client but did get them fixed through the advice of some of the stratics forum members. After playing UOKR for 3 months and not having access to UO I decided to hop on the 2d client.

What I noticed first is how awfully slow the 2D client is...my sprite drags and bumps around the screen slowly. Everything seems to move slower with the old client. With UOKR client everything is smoother and faster.

I do know I'll never go back to playing the 2D client and if UOKR disappeared I'd probably be off looking for some other game to play.

I participated in UO Beta test before UO was released so the public and even then at that time the client was full of bugs and holes and people were screaming about how it never should have been released so early.

UO is a massive game and very intricate it's going to take time to get all the kinks out. It's always going to be a work in progress.

Believe me when I tell you that the 2D client will always pull on my heartstrings and bring back some of the best memeries the game has ever provided. That being said I only hope that the Devs continue to improve the UOKR client and add as much things to it as they possibly can. Stability should be their primary focus right now.

T

Tazar

I am currently about 95% KR only with very few reasons to go into 2D. There are numerous comments above about being unable to do Peerless, the Gauntlet, Champs, etc., in KR and I have to dispute that.

Most of my guild still runs 2D, and we do the peerless, gauntlet, champs nightly. I believe that KR performs great there for me and even my guild has started to recognize that I die a lot less than most of them (as they complain about 2D crashing or lagging them to death).

I have successfully solo'ed the 5 side rooms of the Gauntlet in KR. I have done all 6 of the peerless almost countless times in KR without a real hitch.

Sure, the client has some problems... but let me tell you a secret: 2D DOES TOO! I honestly feel that 2D has as many (if not more) problems than KR currently... the only difference is that players have found a work-around for many of the 2D problems and we all adapted to the work-around. KR also has work-arounds for many of the problems, but players are simply not taking the time to learn about it.

T

Tazar

I am currently about 95% KR only with very few reasons to go into 2D. There are numerous comments above about being unable to do Peerless, the Gauntlet, Champs, etc., in KR and I have to dispute that.

Most of my guild still runs 2D, and we do the peerless, gauntlet, champs nightly. I believe that KR performs great there for me and even my guild has started to recognize that I die a lot less than most of them (as they complain about 2D crashing or lagging them to death).

I have successfully solo'ed the 5 side rooms of the Gauntlet in KR. I have done all 6 of the peerless almost countless times in KR without a real hitch.

Sure, the client has some problems... but let me tell you a secret: 2D DOES TOO! I honestly feel that 2D has as many (if not more) problems than KR currently... the only difference is that players have found a work-around for many of the 2D problems and we all adapted to the work-around. KR also has work-arounds for many of the problems, but players are simply not taking the time to learn about it.

G

I have played it and don't care for it. So far all I see is a "legal" way of scripting. It has way to many bugs and my friend has trouble with it crashing all of the time. Most people I talk to don't care for it. The only ones I've really seen using it are the old 3-D players.

G

I have played it and don't care for it. So far all I see is a "legal" way of scripting. It has way to many bugs and my friend has trouble with it crashing all of the time. Most people I talk to don't care for it. The only ones I've really seen using it are the old 3-D players.

G

I actually prefer the Kingdom Reborn client, but it is still a little bit too sluggish for me to use full time. I think that Kingdom Reborn has potential (and we need to do something different if we are going to bring our subscription numbers back up), but I also acknowledge that there needs to be alot more work done if they wish for the legacy client users to switch.

G

I actually prefer the Kingdom Reborn client, but it is still a little bit too sluggish for me to use full time. I think that Kingdom Reborn has potential (and we need to do something different if we are going to bring our subscription numbers back up), but I also acknowledge that there needs to be alot more work done if they wish for the legacy client users to switch.

L

Lazarus Cain

tried it. wont play it. its ugly. its sluggish. its interface is ********. the only thing its good for is crafting. KR is 3D reworked ...and it sucks just as hard.
if EA doesnt wake up and see the majority cant stand KR, they will all be finding new jobs w/in 5 yrs.

WORK ON 2D PLS?
give ppl the option to play KR if they want, but dont destroy uo with this unrealized improvement. it has failed miserably.

move on and try fixing all the problems in 2d that have been ignored for so long!

leave KR were it shoulda stayed from the start ...in the trash.

...this is just my opinion, so the handful of you that seem to love KR (god only knows why) will be ignored. thank you.

L

Lazarus Cain

tried it. wont play it. its ugly. its sluggish. its interface is ********. the only thing its good for is crafting. KR is 3D reworked ...and it sucks just as hard.
if EA doesnt wake up and see the majority cant stand KR, they will all be finding new jobs w/in 5 yrs.

WORK ON 2D PLS?
give ppl the option to play KR if they want, but dont destroy uo with this unrealized improvement. it has failed miserably.

move on and try fixing all the problems in 2d that have been ignored for so long!

leave KR were it shoulda stayed from the start ...in the trash.

...this is just my opinion, so the handful of you that seem to love KR (god only knows why) will be ignored. thank you.

G

I use it to restock vendors and the rare occasions im shooing for a runic saw. It just doenst feel natural for anything else.

G

I use it to restock vendors and the rare occasions im shooing for a runic saw. It just doenst feel natural for anything else.

G

As far as I know you still can't properly do house customization in KR - even if you manage to do the design, you can't commit it without switching to 2D. That alone is a deal breaker for some of us, and considering the role custom housing has played in UO, it is a bit mind boggling that over 6 months after it was officially listed as a production client, that this is still the case.

-Skylark

G

As far as I know you still can't properly do house customization in KR - even if you manage to do the design, you can't commit it without switching to 2D. That alone is a deal breaker for some of us, and considering the role custom housing has played in UO, it is a bit mind boggling that over 6 months after it was officially listed as a production client, that this is still the case.

-Skylark

V

VorteXPete

All I play is KR, used to be a 3D player b4 so the only time I played 2d was when forced to waitin for KR beta. Just wish it was patched a little more frequently.

V

VorteXPete

All I play is KR, used to be a 3D player b4 so the only time I played 2d was when forced to waitin for KR beta. Just wish it was patched a little more frequently.

I

imported_Sip-n-Shine

I play in 2D an that is good for me. I didnt like 3D or KR. It just dont look right or feel right for me..

I

imported_Sip-n-Shine

I play in 2D an that is good for me. I didnt like 3D or KR. It just dont look right or feel right for me..

D

Dalamos

I would have to say I am about 70/30 for KR right now.

I use it for most of my chilling and on all my toons but my tamer. I just don't like how it workings for my tamer for some reason.

For crafting, it rocks. Filling bods in KR is just way easy.

D

Dalamos

I would have to say I am about 70/30 for KR right now.

I use it for most of my chilling and on all my toons but my tamer. I just don't like how it workings for my tamer for some reason.

For crafting, it rocks. Filling bods in KR is just way easy.

G

I play KR 99% of the time (the 1% in 2d being for vendor stocking and image comparisons).

KR works great for me, but needs more attention befire it can really be considered the future client for the game.

The problem is that 2d is simply obsolete. 2d will NOT bring in new blood no matter how much veterans like the client.

Right now KR won't either, but it has a better chance than 2d... that is as long as they continue work on the client.

G

I play KR 99% of the time (the 1% in 2d being for vendor stocking and image comparisons).

KR works great for me, but needs more attention befire it can really be considered the future client for the game.

The problem is that 2d is simply obsolete. 2d will NOT bring in new blood no matter how much veterans like the client.

Right now KR won't either, but it has a better chance than 2d... that is as long as they continue work on the client.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i've tried it before, i had it downloaded logged in kr once or twice a month at most but i don't care for it at all, reformatted my comp recently and haven't redownloaded it. How many people actually play and enjoying playing uo in kingdom reborn? I mean seriously i don't think the number is that high and if EA would realize that they would just abandon work on KR and add more content to 2d

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't play in KR

G

<blockquote><hr>

i've tried it before, i had it downloaded logged in kr once or twice a month at most but i don't care for it at all, reformatted my comp recently and haven't redownloaded it. How many people actually play and enjoying playing uo in kingdom reborn? I mean seriously i don't think the number is that high and if EA would realize that they would just abandon work on KR and add more content to 2d

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't play in KR

G

And here's just ONE of the reasons why KR has become my defacto client...

COMMAS! We got 'em.

G

And here's just ONE of the reasons why KR has become my defacto client...

COMMAS! We got 'em.

G

If anyone wants a good number, when Draconi said there were close to 500 people at the event site on Atlantic (not the entire shard) I checked the chat room. There were only ~22 people in there.
<blockquote><hr>

COMMAS! We got 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't illegal to modify the 2D client then we would have them too.

G

If anyone wants a good number, when Draconi said there were close to 500 people at the event site on Atlantic (not the entire shard) I checked the chat room. There were only ~22 people in there.
<blockquote><hr>

COMMAS! We got 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't illegal to modify the 2D client then we would have them too.

G

you are being somewhat misleading with this Dermott,

if you just download the KR client there are no commas.

You have to download/apply a player created user interface. They are just not there in the EAMythic download. And some people never will trust other people enough to download player created UI.

And even you must acknowledge that compared to most UO users here you have a very high end system which to run KR with.

I realize that you support KR 1000%, and I know these type of threads irritate you.

Still just no reason to be imo misleading.

G

you are being somewhat misleading with this Dermott,

if you just download the KR client there are no commas.

You have to download/apply a player created user interface. They are just not there in the EAMythic download. And some people never will trust other people enough to download player created UI.

And even you must acknowledge that compared to most UO users here you have a very high end system which to run KR with.

I realize that you support KR 1000%, and I know these type of threads irritate you.

Still just no reason to be imo misleading.

G

And anyone who wants to add them in, just let me know and I'll send you the links to do so.

Commas are really a small part of a bigger feature in KR being the ability to add to the UI inside the game without the need for external programs.

Even as a player made enhancement, it's a great feature to have

G

And anyone who wants to add them in, just let me know and I'll send you the links to do so.

Commas are really a small part of a bigger feature in KR being the ability to add to the UI inside the game without the need for external programs.

Even as a player made enhancement, it's a great feature to have

G

I play KR. I used to use 3d. It has much more potential than the 2d.
If they fix the bugs, it'll be excellent.

G

I play KR. I used to use 3d. It has much more potential than the 2d.
If they fix the bugs, it'll be excellent.