• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

History of Siege?

• Thread starter imported_Chad Sexington
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
G

I found some of the pictures of Siege Perilous hosts *Tours Of Siege Perilous* held for players from any other shards to attend and for any and all of whom were newer here. I attended that first held ever tour here on my Miranda and my Queen Zen of SP characters. We were given a fine grand tour of many player run towns very active back then full of life and then some, met many of Siege players enroute along the way, and spokespersons per guild player run town set up to greet all the guests and tell us all about their guild/town/ events etc.

Twas a grand tour, if I recall even a photojournalist named BBQ chicken had joined us during the tour also.
I miss that chicken ! haha

I took these pictures myself during the tour just never cropped nor squished their bytes but I found 'some' of em, Wintermoor was on the tour too cant find that tour pic.yet. The screenies are : beginning with Lady Pyrite's hospitality at the DTA tower and touring it and the GM marked smithed items inside of blacksmiths of the shard present past..and onward to a few others of many I took that night back then.

So many names in many of these pictures, so many active once player run towns etc. no longer with us or no longer active and this just such a huge change from all these pictures of what it was like here when I arrived here...to .. now.

When I was new here these folks were still here. I was to new here to know what caused the extinction of these orcs and UNDeads..but whatever it was seems to have kept on spreading..lots of player towns seem extinct now here, and so too since then has gone not only their citizenry or demise or lessening of these folks but many others decreasing vastly in numbers in the citizenry of Siege in general in just a few short years.

G

**wipes a tear**

I can not recall atm which upset me more back then,

the vile assassination of BBQ the chicken

or the vile assassination of Lord Py Lethius ........

*thinks*

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

2. Cheapsuit (BD!) - 25K - Darkness alt character - Seen in Glow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, cheapy was only worth 25K.

i was the one who originally posted the bounty on Chardonney (Richard D). I could never find that guy after he wronged a few of my friends. i ended up getting him back many months later but it was somewhat hollow.

Still though good times. Seeing this thread really shows just how far behind siege has fallen.

N

Nerf-Herder

Castor, damn it man! You are not going to make Siege better by playing WoW!

You can't give up on the world... of Siege Perilous...

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Still though good times. Seeing this thread really shows just how far behind siege has fallen.

[/ QUOTE ]

In what way?

There's new people doing new things... I'm sorry if the negative nancy's are hard-pressed to pass the torch but for pete's sake if you've moved on... good bye already.

I've witnessed sooooo much UO history cross my eye's in the course of my time (on two shards mind you) and if I sit here and dwell on the decisions other's have made (to give up and settle for less by playing [censored] game such as wow *cough* excuse me I digress) then the world would stop turning to... (FOR ME if you didn't get it.)

You can either sit there and commentate from the peanut gallery or jump in and actually do something.

Truth be told... you were never much of anything anyway other than a voice of "yeah yeah" from the back of the crowd.

I see more people out and about today than I have for 2 years now (and from these pics a lot don't even look more than 2 years old... ladies night for example.) but hey... the sky has been falling and the world has been ending for years and years now... what else is new.

And Freja, you've been living in 2003 for like 4 years now... its about time you caught up to 2007...

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

Truth be told... you were never much of anything anyway other than a voice of "yeah yeah" from the back of the crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i guess we all cant set the game on fire like you can BR.

Just for my own curiosity, what exactly have you accomplished here?

B

Bane_SP

Occasionly i surf the SP boards, just too see whats going on, and this thread caught my eye. I see alot of the old guilds mentioned, but i wonder, does anyone remember TRU, with Jareth Icewind, Jer, and Bane (myself)? I beleive the last of us quit 4 or so years ago (myself a little before that).

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anyone had to set the game on fire to do this community good or serve a much needed purpose?

I'm just another face you'll see (well not you) roaming sosaria for more years to come. I could list all the stuff I've done, seen, yadda yadda but all of that pales in comparison to what I will see and do.

I don't look back in sorrow... I look back and smile.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends on which crowd you ran with.

-Skylark

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

I think I was being a bit facetious with that statement...

My point was if you aren't involved now, then wtf do you really know of the "state of siege."

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

Occasionly i surf the SP boards, just too see whats going on, and this thread caught my eye. I see alot of the old guilds mentioned, but i wonder, does anyone remember TRU, with Jareth Icewind, Jer, and Bane (myself)? I beleive the last of us quit 4 or so years ago (myself a little before that).

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember you all just fine, especially the time I killed 4 or 5 on 1 a few years back.

G

I remmeber jer, but like in 2001? I sometimes wonder how many ppl sold accounts. TRU used to come to our LTK sponsored fridday night dueling tournaments at jhelom pens.

S

Sir Ha-ward

I remember the TRU guild for sure, may even have a house still on glow island. I also remember the remnant guild that i was a part of the Remnant guild based on the north part of mag. There were maybe 5 houses on the whole shard , one of which was a small house at the X-roads north of brit and would later become safe haven where people honored the rules of the player run town and no one would fight inside the town limits. Minoc mines was an elbow to elbow area where you could barely move to get ore. Pks were a threat even in the way out areas where you would dig up Tmaps. The only exploit known at the time was a gold duping exploit and the bug where your dragon would explode or attack someone you were transferring to(unlike the 1000 exploits and bugs we have now). People were taming horses and selling them for 300 gold each in delucia and calling that a good days living. The EVIL/GOOD system was in efect where an evil would show red out of town, and a good wouldnt change. Any pet tamed by an evil would show red and attack everyone when they passed it. The KGB pretty much was the best anti PK guild on the shard www.the-kgb.com ..... too many memories to post really. When the shard went active i went straight here within an hour of it opening and havent looked back since

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

The KGB pretty much was the best anti PK guild on the shard www.the-kgb.com .....

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember fighting them back when... one of the reasons I placed my small house in North Minoc way back when... cause of their castle right behind it.

G

*smiles* We are back on track I see. More stories, please. With out history. we have no future. *nods*

A

Awake

Replying to last for convenience.....

I like all the pics
Exciting to see how populated the shard once was. If only we could get it back to that now!!

G

THE WAY WE WERE (by A.Bergman, M.Bergman &amp; M.Hamlisch)

Mem’ries,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?
Mem’ries, may be beautiful and yet
What’s too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
the way we were...

-Skylark

G

The wake (the picture with everybody in a black robe) was not that long ago, there still are that many people on Siege. Just almost never in one place.

Kind regards

G

A few more...

Delivering Thanksgiving turkeys to all the guilds Castor &amp; I knew...there I am in the clutches of RoT, a master mage...that was around 5 months after I started on Siege. Some nice Elder Vampire in VmP (who actually RP'd with me) accepted a pumpkin pie, and locked it down in WyRm's crypt for me, and took the turkey, and my donation of blood (which allowed the conversation to take place) on his behalf. This was the delivery to the KSS guild house.

When champ spawns weren't constantly spoiled by ghost cams, even though they were likely to be raided

When various people showed their love for WyRm when he took up residence in the Tokuno Islands

That scoundrel! He was often imitated, but never duplicated

When an event left us with transparent NPCs afterward

I was not around for that time, but I was told you used to be able to take heads from PvP kills...through the wonders of modern house design, I managed to get Pollux the Mayor's head even though it was no longer possible the more traditional way.

And finally...*drumroll*

When GMs actually came to you in game within an hour or so of being paged, and looked at the problem you were having

-Skylark

I

imported_mo'gluk

ahh U saw a post for old safe Haven and the old SHR safe haven regulators....I was one of them, when the orcs no longer wanted me.....i smelled to bad even for them...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I remembered a guild called ICE was in control of large area south of Trinsic.
I think ICE means Imperium Council of Elves!

[/ QUOTE ]

and we controled Fire Island. Had ALOT of houses there. Even before the only spawn there were the daemons in that temple. No healers or animals nor anything.

guild name is Iron Claw Empire

I used my powers to make Kelmo my puppet and I^A was completely mine

*pulls strings* Dance!!! KELMO!!! DANCE!!!

with leaders like WhiteEye, Athena, Tom of Terathan, Mad Bob and yours truly

but once SE hit, we all just got discouraged and now I have all their goodies in my big fat rares house. A lone survivor of a once great empire. Now I use the rares to wipe my tears

well, I couldn't find any pictures that could express my sorrow, so I just drew one. This is for all the siegers who still know and love me

P

Pyrite_DTA

<blockquote><hr>

I would sure to to hear some stories from Pyrite. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]

In four part harmony and full illustration? Drama and all? Am I allowed to name names?

There are many stories to be told!

I am thinking about it, Kelmo- but I have to do some real life drudgery the next couple of days:( I will try to get at least a story or two out this week, tho.

Oh! Tigs, Happy Birthday

G

*replies to last, because he was there*

The Winnie-the-pooh lot had several houses west of the passage that leads towards Khaldun, north of Minoc.

Other memories include...
Donal Mor's Cove-based LDH
RUM - Salt Foambreaker's pirate guild
Safe Haven, of course.
KIN - the residents of Amity, Ginsu's town.

I'm sure I have several pictures of the meeting after Folger's death somewhere, but I can't seem to find them right now, sadly.

I remember a 4th of July event, and still have an event bag from that somewhere or other.

A group on Ice Island called "The Artic Empire" - I don't remember much else, other than the name though.

-R- - Remnant... again, don't remember much more than the name. Rocco, Twist and Jessie come to mind. Cal? Starke? I'm not sure.

A*M had a lot of houses in the same area... enough to be called a player-run town.

TSG had Smurftown. Yes, really. *sighs*

Avalon, of course...
Wild Cats Shop...
Dharma's Vendors...

*goes back to searching for pictures*

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

The Winnie-the-pooh lot had several houses west of the passage that leads towards Khaldun, north of Minoc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The houses are still there...

M

Major_Jax

My .02 pennies...

Siege is not even a shadow of what it once was. You can't find people in game like you once could. Anyone saying this game i headed towards a bright future is just kidding themselves.

I

imported_mo'gluk

bah ya never know maybe they can pull it out of the fire... I wont disagree taht the game holds less for the people who were around in its heyday.. but also so many people weren't around for that they truly don't know what they were missing. also in the "old" days there were not many MMORPG so people were here merely due to lack of choices on the internet now that there is so many choices of course we have less people, thats a societal problem that so many feel they are entitled to exactly what they desire, so few have the desire or the gumption to play a game that is geared for the player to decide what is fun.

Most games revolve around the content that the game gives the player, where much of siege has revolved around the player giving or creating the experience for other players

K

kulssin

<blockquote><hr>

Kulssin,

My "Siege history" memories overlap a lot of yours, and Blind Otto's.

[/ QUOTE ]

*smiles*

I believe I was about a month old when I accepted your invitation to Castor's birthday party. I had already spent much time under the tutelage of Knight Commander Py Lethius. Your photos bring back many memories. Especially those of the Knightings in Wintermoor. I used to have a screenie of every single one I had attended.. Gilfond, Kiera, Mac, Miranda and many more. Alas, the dreaded demon called "Vista" snuffed them from existence or I'd share them as well.

K

kulssin

<blockquote><hr>

Most games revolve around the content that the game gives the player, where much of siege has revolved around the player giving or creating the experience for other players

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, Mo.

Yes.. the players have created the experience in the past. But, if you just look over the pictures in this thread. You'll find the quality of the events much more rich than they have been in the past year.

It has been two years since I've seen any quality events hosted on Siege. Granted for the last year I haven't had an active account. I've been enjoying such events elsewhere as I'm sure many of the names mentioned in this thread have been doing. In fact, I've seen many of those people in other games.

Kudos to those that are able to adapt to the new generation of UO/Siege players and have stuck around.

For me and many others who have left.. well.. I'm not going to attend the Class of 2007's Prom at the high school I graduated from in 1987 and expect to have a good time. :p

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

You'll find the quality of the events much more rich than they have been in the past year.

It has been two years since I've seen any quality events hosted on Siege. Granted for the last year I haven't had an active account.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for speaking from experience Spyderbite... sounds like your speaking from the cave found north of your computer chair.

God I love it how people like to commentate from guess-work and label it as fact.

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

5. Lothar (LoD) - 100K - Bossy Barn, Luna

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah!Hah!! Funny !! You never told me about that!
Who in the blue hell had put a bounty on my lovely head ? Without a doubt a very cheap scumbag! Considering my yellow feathered hat whorted more than that itself!

Can I know? *Shrug*

S

Shadow_Seer

All my bounty contact info is saved on my desktop. My desktop is currently a big pile of steaming horse manure. So I don't remember who placed bounties on who anymore. I may rescue the hard drive one day and get all of my old UO pics.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anyone had to set the game on fire to do this community good or serve a much needed purpose?

I'm just another face you'll see (well not you) roaming sosaria for more years to come. I could list all the stuff I've done, seen, yadda yadda but all of that pales in comparison to what I will see and do.

I don't look back in sorrow... I look back and smile.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, BR, as much as I hate to admit it, I think you have at least the two most encouraging and, in my opinion, intelligent posts in this thread.
I find that when you are not board pvping something stupid (
) you actually have a lot of good things to say.
I agree with your posts here; so many people are talking about how everything is crappy and they hate their emo lives... I like to remember the past fondly, but keep a grin on my face as I step into the future.

The day you see me complaining about uo and saying how much it sucks, well, nevermind, you won't see me post that. The day I hate uo will be the day I leave and I once I leave I won't come back trying to rain on other people's parade.
I love uo, its the best game I've ever played. And I've played them all (well, almost). I loved it in '97, and I love it in '07.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Read thru the thread.. I'm much more of a newb than Kelmo.. but I can certainly add some more positive memories to the thread.

2. Wintermoor thrived with patrols of Knights, Priestesses, generous crafters and the odd blind miner here and there.

3. Iantown was the place to shop. And, even as humble as they were, they still took an evening to take on the very young Waka Yama clan in a very enjoyable siege of towns event.

5. Nuriko was the place to go for flowers. Period.

8. Py Lethius was a hero.. in every sense of the word.

9. VmP was feared and respected. Not laughed at.

10. TAX was the most enjoyable guild to behold when they appeared on the scene. The site of Dagashi made everyone move down one seat at dueling tournaments.

11. Regardless that CRG only consisted of two members.. everyone looked forward to their nightly raids.

14. Kelmo was the one to go to when you needed to talk to somebody when you were having issues.

15. Wilki joined us in game to address our issues about the griefing being done after Folger's RL passing.

16. Iantown threw weekly events and everyone came. Those that didn't.. they raided and everyone enjoyed it.

17. KSS patrolled nightly.. as a result the PK's actually altered their routes instead of camping them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good times... good times. Some of the best fun that I remember Asmodi and I having in UO was raiding Iantown.

G

Well, as far as my experiences go, I joined on Siege and was amazed at the amount of fighting everywhere. I met someone named Pony Express who took me in and joined the "No Name Guild" where all the guild members were not tagged or anything. We constantly fought around Brit GY and other random places on the outskirts of Brit. It was a lot of fun on my first weeks of Siege. I remember players such as Churchhill and Corwin. After though, Pony Express quit and I took a long break then later came back with a guild named Jhing Woo(J*W) with my friends from Great Lakes. The PvP was fun, but it wasn't near as good as pre-AoS PvP. I'm sure most PvPers would say that though.

A

AntiOTF

RTLFC... You guys need to remember that we have the power to make Siege whatever we want it to be. At anytime, we can send the scene away from Luna, and back to Brit gy, or where ever we want it to be. We have the power to isolate all these new lands and use only felucca lands if we choose to do so. It's up to us. No one makes us go to Luna and all the other new lands but ourselves. And Siege is not as empty as it seems, it's just that much more people are traveling in stealth mode than they were back in the old days.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Who in the blue hell had put a bounty on my lovely head ? Without a doubt a very cheap scumbag! Considering my yellow feathered hat whorted more than that itself!

Can I know? *Shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

My bet is Corwin :p

M

Major_Jax

Nah, it wasn't Corwin. He never contacted SBH.

I may be wrong but I think it was actually either someone in CWS or someone who was kinda friends with Lothar. I just can't remember.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

I may be wrong but I think it was actually either someone in CWS or someone who was kinda friends with Lothar. I just can't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those who can't remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

C'mon! Time travelers aren't supposed to forget ANYTHING....

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RtFfC [Replying to First for Convenience],

House of Xie was a great anti-guild. I used to hang with them back in the day.

Eventually turned to the Dark-Side and joined J-D and pk'd for a while with them until it imploded.

Siege used to be immensely populated and a lot of fun, although all the people whining about tamers now forget the days of 10 white wyrms and 'all kill.' Just as gimp and even faster death.

There's a lot of history on Siege, unfortunately all it seems to do these days is make people upset thinking about what it used to be.

G

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, in this pic I am wearing a Subishi original ensemble. I was always nervous about losing it, whenever I went to a formal ceremony.

Before the BoD changes, L5 reward cloth was seriously hard to come by on Siege, because you didn't have people with a gazillion BoD runners, like on regular shards. That outfit represented around a week of farming dragons (long before the big loot bumps) for someone. I still have it in a special chest in my house.

I also have a red surcoat that at one time was blaze. In my newbiness I did not realize what an expensive (then) item it was, and I was horrified by the color, so I "fixed" it with the dye tub and dyes I bought from an NPC tailor. I much later applied a CBD to that eventually, when BoD stuff became so much easier to come by, and I still have it.

I have a lot of silly items that people have made or obtained for me over the few years I have been playing. That is part of what made the game fun for me.

-Skylark

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ps: Hi Hera

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya Lothar, how's life treating ya?

And for the picture fans, I have some old pics of J-D pics vs KGB [I think I have a big one of when we got into their castle via gate jumping and smoked 'em].

I'll try to post tonight...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I know? *Shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same myself...

<blockquote><hr>

3. Flusoya (LoD) - 100K - Seen in Glow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone didn't like my wands I suppose. :p

*edit*
I'll go out on a limb and say mystique, but I could be wrong.

ps. Hi loth, hera :&gt;