Heartwood Scripters???????????

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
R

RoycroftLS

I'll go check that out.

I don't think it's the case though. I took 4 packies with me with 6500 boards and it took me over two hours to use them up doing the quest I was doing. This person was there the entire time, and it was like clockwork.

8 Quest Dings, followed by 8 trash can spammed messages, followed by 2 minutes of silence and then all over again. It was non-stop the entire two hours I was there.
Your scenario sounds plausible too, assuming that someone has found a way to bypass the quest timer. But the 2 minutes of silence might well be the person stealthing out and then back in.

If you had a character with tracking, that would also be a way to see the movements (or lack thereof) of your mystery crafter.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I'm fairly positive that I have figured this out. I have sent all my information into Jeremy, because I am certain it is a bug, so I will post no more about it here.

Unless you want to leave this open for some other discussion, I would suggest that this thread be locked.

:)

D

D'Amavir

Your scenario sounds plausible too, assuming that someone has found a way to bypass the quest timer. But the 2 minutes of silence might well be the person stealthing out and then back in.

If you had a character with tracking, that would also be a way to see the movements (or lack thereof) of your mystery crafter.
I have gone there several times in the last two days with a character with tracking and haven't been able to see anything outside the norm. No hidden characters near the trash barrel and no timed trash barrel spam. If someone is there scripting or taking advantage of a bug they don't seem to be doing it very often. Has anyone else on Pac witnessing this or just the one person?

R

RoycroftLS

I got bored this weekend... so I made a newbie on Pacific, trained her up a little, and investigated the situation myself. Kyrie_Elaison's mystery quester wasn't there last evening, but tonight I did find someone there and managed to get a capture of what they were doing:

Video of mysterious quester

Much like I originally suggested... person uses stealth to get in and out, and buys bows from the bowyer 80 at a time (it goes from 839 available to 759 in the video).

(Obligatory note: Nothing the player does in the video breaks any game rules if they are attended. I'm making no claim that they are unattended, I'm just trying to show the OP an explanation for the things they saw.)

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Nice detective work. I didn't even think of using tracking. :wall:

However,

I did find a bug during my detective work. I found a way to bypass the two minute timer for the "Lethal Darts" quest. I sent all the info in to Jeremy.

Hopefully that was the same person that I saw there. Were they doing exactly 8 quests at a time?