• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heartwood Scripters???????????

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
K

Kyrie_Elaison

Is it even worth the effort to try and turn in people when they are scripting for runics in Heartwood?

This is the second night in a row that I have spent about 4 hours working on my fletcher. There is a hidden scripter right next to the trash can, and I can set my watch by the amount of quests, and number of responses given from the trash can.

The sad thing is that the GM's have to know this goes on, so how hard is it to periodically stop by and check?

:mad:

A

AesSedai

- One can hope it is worth the effort to report cheaters.

Report that rule-breaking trash, even though the UO GM's may not seem able to time the precise bot mechanics as well as the UO Players can easily do; mayhaps they are busy monitoring other games rife with cheating; I dunno.

And say hello to my little thread
That is, if you don't tolerate cheating in UO and want it to be the number 1 priority.
;)

A

AesSedai

- Mark Jacobs, head Mythic GameMaster, mentioned that Warhammer Online has a squad devoted to cheaters.
One can only hope that UO might have the same, after 11 years of gameplay on this very day, and many years of me personally requesting such a game service (it is 12:20 am, Sept. 25th for me. Happy Anniversary UO!).

K

Kyrie_Elaison

- One can hope it is worth the effort to report cheaters.

Report that rule-breaking trash, even though the UO GM's may not seem able to time the precise bot mechanics as well as the UO Players can easily do; mayhaps they are busy monitoring other games rife with cheating; I dunno.

And say hello to my little thread
That is, if you don't tolerate cheating in UO and want it to be the number 1 priority.
;)
I added to your thread.

Why is it the help system doesn't work in Heartwood? If I leave I can put in a request, but not while I'm in Heartwood.

R

Rix/\

are you sure they are scripting? are you sure they aren't using KR's new crafting features?

with the KR menu all you have to do is set the number you want to make and it will mark them as quest item, I can see how someone who hasn't played KR yet assume that it's scripting. And I'm not gonna say that there aren't those who do script. But how can you actually tell? are you experienced in scripting that you know what to look for? I've seen player do strange things in game but I wouldn't have a clue to if they were using a scriting tool or some kind of exploit.

And I know it ticks me off when I'm there minding my own and someone comes along and trys talking to me and when I ignore them they assume I'm scripting. NO where does it say I have to answer every player that comes to me.

how many false calls does it take before a GM gets annoyed and quits replying to every page on assumed scripters. Then when you really need one there aren't around?

U

UOKaiser

are you sure they are scripting? are you sure they aren't using KR's new crafting features?

with the KR menu all you have to do is set the number you want to make and it will mark them as quest item, I can see how someone who hasn't played KR yet assume that it's scripting. And I'm not gonna say that there aren't those who do script. But how can you actually tell? are you experienced in scripting that you know what to look for? I've seen player do strange things in game but I wouldn't have a clue to if they were using a scriting tool or some kind of exploit.

And I know it ticks me off when I'm there minding my own and someone comes along and trys talking to me and when I ignore them they assume I'm scripting. NO where does it say I have to answer every player that comes to me.

how many false calls does it take before a GM gets annoyed and quits replying to every page on assumed scripters. Then when you really need one there aren't around?
Indeed I agree im in heartwood right now using Kr got 5 packies am not hidden cause i dont have that on this character. I stop even paying attention to people really cause it gets annoying im trying to do these quest and finish up my boards before I go to sleep. I would like to put hiding on this character so I dont have to hear hey you all the time.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it even worth the effort to try and turn in people when they are scripting for runics in Heartwood?

This is the second night in a row that I have spent about 4 hours working on my fletcher. There is a hidden scripter right next to the trash can, and I can set my watch by the amount of quests, and number of responses given from the trash can.

The sad thing is that the GM's have to know this goes on, so how hard is it to periodically stop by and check?

:mad:
We have the same thing happening on Siege. The only good thing is that we can kill scripters in the Heartwood on Siege. It's definitely a deterrent, because the scripters eventually get tired of coming back to a dead scripter character, but it doesn't completely stop it.

Stopping cheaters definitely needs to be a priority for EAMythic. Fix the basic, ground level problems of this game before expansions and other crap that only holds our attention for a short period of time.

Devs - It's time to stop ignoring this problem. You have to do something about cheating, beyond that which effects your pocketbook directly!!! When you've got this many frustrated players, who are up and quitting because of cheating... your pocketbook will be hit even harder.

Speedhacking, scripting quests and resource gathering, script looting in PvP and programs that auto heal/cure... these things need your immediate attention, dev team!!!

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea.. I hadn't been to Heartwood in Ages so I took a stroll on my stealther. Guess what I found?? As I walked past the fletcher there was no less than 5 beetles and you could hear the fletching noise going machine-gun style. At which point I took some minotaur arty's I had in my pack and blocked their route out. The 3 pictured stood there for over 15 minutes before they logged out. It's sad bc the scripts these days are easlity intelligent enough to know when they aren't working and auto log the characters, or in some cases I was told they can alert people by playing Wave files and such. It's sad bc GM's didn't answer my page for 97 minutes and the scripters were off the hook in the first 15... lolol... I especially loved the return threats of one of these people when I did this again later about "blocking the route"... lol I'm thinking he was just annoyed and worried that he had to attend his script for awhile....

Anway...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really do have to point out to people that, when the team does focus on cheating, some people come to these boards and say they were innocent, caught up in a net, and we tend to believe them. Also, sometimes, they announce a ground-level effort to stamp out cheat programs, and then we all whine about privacy.

Why on earth would the team focus more on cheating under those conditions?

I'm not saying they shouldn't, I am saying that it's in part our fault that they don't.

-Galen's player

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stop even paying attention to people really cause it gets annoying im trying to do these quest and finish up my boards before I go to sleep.
If its that annoying, perhaps you should consider just going to sleep and leaving it for another day?

I don't think players should have to police the game, but I also think a crafter needs to have a basic level of social skills.

G

Gwendar-SP

We have the same thing happening on Siege. The only good thing is that we can kill scripters in the Heartwood on Siege. It's definitely a deterrent, because the scripters eventually get tired of coming back to a dead scripter character, but it doesn't completely stop it.
You folks will kill ANYONE in Heartwood.

C

cucujanu

What do u expect with a stupid system like this?
runic tools should be obtainable in other ways.
like the way tinker create golems.
in heartwood u will get a piece by turning in.
an other piece will drop from monsters using archery ,like ratman archer.
then a gm fletcher can combine this to a runic tool , with a random chance for oak,ash,yew or heartwood.

the way it is now ,it will always be scripted and who can blame them? nobody is gonna turn in 1000000 boards by hand and you still might getting nothing at all.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i never block their routes because i read on here a few times that GM's nail YOU for illegally blocking someone's route, even if it's a cheater... you block a scripter's route and page a GM and when the GM shows up it's you who ends up in jail. i don't want any part of that!

C

Caelas

What do u expect with a stupid system like this?
runic tools should be obtainable in other ways.
like the way tinker create golems.
in heartwood u will get a piece by turning in.
an other piece will drop from monsters using archery ,like ratman archer.
then a gm fletcher can combine this to a runic tool , with a random chance for oak,ash,yew or heartwood.

the way it is now ,it will always be scripted and who can blame them? nobody is gonna turn in 1000000 boards by hand and you still might getting nothing at all.
I agree the system for getting fletching runics is annoyingly crappy. I personally don't want to spend a night chopping, then burning through all the wood for mostly crap for the slim chance of getting a runic.

Seems to me that there was ALMOST a BOD system for fletchers, but then the Devs realized we only have a few things to make, so they decided instead to give us these crap quests.

It just doesn't seem fair that a blacksmith or tailor knows exactly what BODs they need to get a runic tool of their choice, but us fletchers (and carpenters!) are totally at the mercy of the RNG. :gun:

D

D'Amavir

i never block their routes because i read on here a few times that GM's nail YOU for illegally blocking someone's route, even if it's a cheater... you block a scripter's route and page a GM and when the GM shows up it's you who ends up in jail. i don't want any part of that!
Blocking is cheating. And as we all know, cheating is wrong. I sure hope that that blocker doesn't get banned for their cheating ways. At least, if they do I hope its before they move on to worse cheats. Which is their destiny after all. Next week they will be scripting themselves. Then, the week after, they will be duping and speedhacking. For shame for shame.

Actually, I think it is legal to block as long as there is a path available around it. Not sure of that rule in Trammel Heartwood though. But I think its pretty much the same. Placing something in the path of someone clearly scripting can sometimes cause their script to stop. But, most scripts these days have better pathfinding than that.

As a funny addition, I once had a person block me while I was doing some lumberjacking in the early early days of trammel. I wasn't scripting or unattended but for some reason they thought I was. I played along and sat there for what had to be an hour (this was when GM's actually showed up sometimes) and when the GM game I rp'd with him while he verified that I wasn't unattended. The person that paged on me was so pissed that he waited there the whole time hoping to see me banned. I 'heard' from one of his guildies that he raged on their board for days about it and ended up leaving the guild when they stood up for me and told him he was an idiot.

Well, it was funny to me at least. I still act unattended a lot these days just so people will tie up the GM queue on silly reports. Sooner or later, something will have to break. I won't ever get banned because I am never unattended. Well, never unattended doing anything in game. Sometimes I leave a guy logged in just standing at my house while I take my insulin or grab something to drink. But if a person can show up there, page a gm and have that gm pop in in the two minutes that I am away, I guess its possible. But, I doubt that the gm would ban someone for just standing there. Not training a skill, not making any items and not performing any actions. Then again, you never know these days.

S

Sir Kenga

Indeed I agree im in heartwood right now using Kr got 5 packies am not hidden cause i dont have that on this character. I stop even paying attention to people really cause it gets annoying im trying to do these quest and finish up my boards before I go to sleep. I would like to put hiding on this character so I dont have to hear hey you all the time.
Hey same with me, i never bother to talk there, because it will greatly slow me down, except few friends to say hello and such, and anyway i'd better talk to them in icq while doing quests.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still act unattended a lot these days just so people will tie up the GM queue on silly reports. Sooner or later, something will have to break.
Eh? :wall:

Do you expect a pat on the back for this? ffs its hard enough to get GMs to come without this crap.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If its that annoying, perhaps you should consider just going to sleep and leaving it for another day?

I don't think players should have to police the game, but I also think a crafter needs to have a basic level of social skills.
Why?

S

Sir Kenga

And i should add that with all this crafting gumps flashing several hours before my eyes i often don't even see someone asking something, let alone wanting to answer it xD

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Why?
In theory because they need to interact with people to sell their wares or make repairs ??

S

Sir Kenga

Crafters don't have to make repairs, it won't bring any money. Also most ppl there try to get runics and stuff for themself, not for sale.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I bet there would be a lot less unnecessary false pages if some crafters would be just a tad less anti-social and acknowledge other players. I spend a lot of time in heartwood working on my begger, and when I see someone who appears to be scripting I try to get their attention, if I can't then I don't heisitate to page. If you don't want to talk, thats fine, just acknowledge that you hear/see the person talking to you, then tell them you have to get back to work. That creates one less useless page to waste a GM's time, and you are able to continue to continue crafting in peace.

C

Connor_Graham

One thing people should keep in mind is that I'd say the majority of people (at least the majority of the ones I talked to) are using KR to do the quests in Heartwood because of how much easier they are with that client. For the bowyer quests, it's common to have open on screen your own backpack, the crafting gump, your beetle's pack, a quiver with bolts in it for the Lethal Darts quest, the trash can, the quest gump, and a container used to put recipes and/or talismans into. With all of this open, there is a VERY small area that is clear to actually see what's around you. Because of this, it's extremely hard to see that anyone is talking to you. Taking this into account, this is a very good reason why a lot of people don't answer you. They simply didn't notice that you were talking, if they even noticed you were there.

That said, I ALWAYS answer people that talk to me while I'm crafting, whether that be in Heartwood or at my house filling Bods. I've spent the past few years building up my reputation as a vendor house owner & trader, and wouldn't want that reputation tarnished by something as simple as not saying hello to people. A reputation takes a long time to build, but can be destroyed in seconds.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So that is what he is. A special anti cheater GM squad??? nah, no way, too expensive.

He sure will not say we deal with Warhammer cheaters the same way we do in UO now will he...

Some player try to imitate heartwood scripters, it is all they have. Sad huh...

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, Sonoma 24/7. All 4: brand new chars, zero skills.

Ya, this is Legit! (my ass it is)

D

D'Amavir

Eh? :wall:

Do you expect a pat on the back for this? ffs its hard enough to get GMs to come without this crap.
A pat on the back? Nah. No more than the person that goes out of their way to page a gm on a person for no real reason. Its not my fault that some people are page happy and find joy in trying to get others in trouble. If they paged less and focused on more important things, the GM queue would be a lot less crowded. But, I am pretty sure you won't agree with that.

To me, GM's should keep a record of all those players that 'cry wolf' every chance they get and mark their accounts when they page too many times on bogus accusations. But, we know that will never happen. So I do my part to encourage change. You do yours. To each his own.

D

D'Amavir

I bet there would be a lot less unnecessary false pages if some crafters would be just a tad less anti-social and acknowledge other players. I spend a lot of time in heartwood working on my begger, and when I see someone who appears to be scripting I try to get their attention, if I can't then I don't heisitate to page. If you don't want to talk, thats fine, just acknowledge that you hear/see the person talking to you, then tell them you have to get back to work. That creates one less useless page to waste a GM's time, and you are able to continue to continue crafting in peace.
Some people just don't feel the need to people that talk to them when they know that person is only doing so so that they can run off the page a gm if they don't respond. There would be WAYYYY fewer false pages if people only paged about things that actually had an impact on them. But no one seems to get that. For every page someone makes on that guy doing something you don't like but has no impact, is one minute that a GM can't respond to those pages about things that do have an impact (dupers and speedhackers for instance).

And, as has been mentioned, the developers designed a game that made windows pop up in your face which makes seeing someone posting a random 'Hi' to you not so easily seen. Page on them for not responding all you want. The dupers and speedhackers win when you do and I guess thats what some people want.

U

UOKaiser

Sure a crafter has to have a basic level of interaction skill but that character is a resource gatherer which is focused on time=effort. My crafter who needs to interact with others is another character which always in a socialize setting. If am doing something I dont wish to be interrupted by unknown players trying to police me cause for some reason they ran out of things to do in uo. If they want to police just place the blocking on the path and bother those who get stuck there. Wont trouble me one bit i can take a sec to move 1 out of my way to leave when i get more resources.

We already have enough grifters in fel I own you etc... And enough griefters in tram trying to lure animals or take animals away so they wont spawn. Do we really need grifters in heartwood also.

U

UOKaiser

Blocking is cheating. And as we all know, cheating is wrong. I sure hope that that blocker doesn't get banned for their cheating ways. At least, if they do I hope its before they move on to worse cheats. Which is their destiny after all. Next week they will be scripting themselves. Then, the week after, they will be duping and speedhacking. For shame for shame.

Actually, I think it is legal to block as long as there is a path available around it. Not sure of that rule in Trammel Heartwood though. But I think its pretty much the same. Placing something in the path of someone clearly scripting can sometimes cause their script to stop. But, most scripts these days have better pathfinding than that.

As a funny addition, I once had a person block me while I was doing some lumberjacking in the early early days of trammel. I wasn't scripting or unattended but for some reason they thought I was. I played along and sat there for what had to be an hour (this was when GM's actually showed up sometimes) and when the GM game I rp'd with him while he verified that I wasn't unattended. The person that paged on me was so pissed that he waited there the whole time hoping to see me banned. I 'heard' from one of his guildies that he raged on their board for days about it and ended up leaving the guild when they stood up for me and told him he was an idiot.

Well, it was funny to me at least. I still act unattended a lot these days just so people will tie up the GM queue on silly reports. Sooner or later, something will have to break. I won't ever get banned because I am never unattended. Well, never unattended doing anything in game. Sometimes I leave a guy logged in just standing at my house while I take my insulin or grab something to drink. But if a person can show up there, page a gm and have that gm pop in in the two minutes that I am away, I guess its possible. But, I doubt that the gm would ban someone for just standing there. Not training a skill, not making any items and not performing any actions. Then again, you never know these days.
Tell me about it that happens to me at least once a week no matter where am at even if i decide to answer lol. Some players call gm on legitamte basis others do it to grief. Thats why the gm's are fed up and take there sweet time. They ask multiple questions now Sometimes I feel am playing jeopardy :) There should be a penalty imposed on people who page gm all the time on players not UM or Exploiting. Seriously I had a player who used to do that to me all the time as long as he saw me he would page and trump up any excuse. I could just be walking through luna or talking to guild mates he saw me he would page.

U

UOKaiser

If am in a hurry trying to keep up with time vs work I wont answer most likly I wont even see them. If I have time and they asking for something legimite that they need I would give them to them. Playing police no I wont give attention I might as well give my attention to the gm whenever thy show up.

U

UOKaiser

Oh and off topic all my Uo time yesturday doing heartwood net me 3 oak runic kits :( Is there a skill tied in to get the higher runics or is higher runics random?

D

D'Amavir

Tell me about it that happens to me at least once a week no matter where am at even if i decide to answer lol. Some players call gm on legitamte basis others do it to grief. Thats why the gm's are fed up and take there sweet time. They ask multiple questions now Sometimes I feel am playing jeopardy :) There should be a penalty imposed on people who page gm all the time on players not UM or Exploiting. Seriously I had a player who used to do that to me all the time as long as he saw me he would page and trump up any excuse. I could just be walking through luna or talking to guild mates he saw me he would page.
Exactly. Those 'page a gm griefers' shouldn't be allowed to get away with what they do. The police keep a record of people that call them about things that turn out to be bogus, so I don't know why EA won't do the same thing. I know they won't of course. It makes too much sense so of course thats not something they would do. As with other things, their actions or inaction shows their mindset on things.

C

Caelas

From what I've read on UOGuide, its all random.
I got a Yew runic with less than 80 skill. That's the only runic I've ever got.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree it's hard to tell whose who, and what's what.

There are some who use the in game macros to try and get a runic kit, which is a royal PITA.....and possibly watching tv at the same time, as it very boring and tedious.

On the same token, the are the scripters....plain and simple....they have their little alarms and whatnot if a GM ever shows up,(100.00 says that'll never happen)....

Then we have our anti social players who defend their ignorance with, "why should I?" Well, those are todays buttheads, that deserve a fresh one across the chops.

Botton line, have these GM's, get off their quota keisters and earn their pay.....it's bs like this that will keep me from buying warhammer....regardless of what they are doing for THAT game.

Actions speak louder than words you corporate shmuks.....remember, it's your profit.

R

Rix/\

Carfting has been my main style of play from day one, I've roled played with'em in the UBB guild on varies shards. But that was 4yrs ago. Now adays I just want to be left alone to do my thing. My vendor does my selling for me, I don't feel the need to have to socialize to do my craft. I'l do all my socializing on my pvp char.

Players shouldn't go around feeling they need to play police, They've made certain changes in the game to limit the ability of scripters. I believe they'll keep doing this and eventually it'll be pointless and more work to script then to just play the game like it should.

But if players insist on page a GM on someone PLEASE be sure they are actually doing wrong.

Look at how the typical UO player has become. If it is't selfishness or greed with event items, it's fear of being scammed or hacked to the point they don't trust anyone. And the dupes of craft tools, artifacts, and the possiblity of being banned for buyin something off a vendor that could be illegal.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people just don't feel the need to people that talk to them when they know that person is only doing so so that they can run off the page a gm if they don't respond. There would be WAYYYY fewer false pages if people only paged about things that actually had an impact on them. But no one seems to get that. For every page someone makes on that guy doing something you don't like but has no impact, is one minute that a GM can't respond to those pages about things that do have an impact (dupers and speedhackers for instance).

And, as has been mentioned, the developers designed a game that made windows pop up in your face which makes seeing someone posting a random 'Hi' to you not so easily seen. Page on them for not responding all you want. The dupers and speedhackers win when you do and I guess thats what some people want.
A scripter is a scripter. I don't care if he's mining, logging, or questing for runics. Scripters are a big part of the reason our economy is in the state it is. Scripters impact everyone, and I'd be willing to bet that a good portion of scripters are the very same dupers and speedhackers you say are the only people worth paging on.

As for having gump's covering up the screen so you don't notice people talking to you, That's only a partially valid argument. I can't count the number of times that someone has been spamming at the bank about something they're selling while I'm doing bods and their text pops up on top of my crafting gumps.

T

The Home Guild

I understand the concern and complaints...however how does it effect your
game play? I mean,if your not going to resell the kits and it;s for personal use then why not focus on YOU?Scripters/cheaters get busted eventually and people can complain till blue in the face. I beleive instead of whining,worry bout yourself and try and enjoy your game play if not take a break and do something irl productive.

I mYself don't feel the need to stop and say HEY PAL get any heartwoods yet? i like to stick to myself and focus and cross my fingers i get one.I had someone page on me months ago and gm popped up and was like Greetings.. of course i responded and he said was makign sure i'm not unattended. There was only me and a noob there so of course i assume he paged.

People need to get over it and move on.

F

Flora Green

Hey same with me, i never bother to talk there, because it will greatly slow me down, except few friends to say hello and such, and anyway i'd better talk to them in icq while doing quests.
I rarely ever talk to anyone when I'm crafting or watering plants. I have multiple bags open on my screen and am focused on my task. My journal is not open at that time either because it's a distraction. The only time I see someone is when I close a bag or have to move for some reason and happen to see them addressing me. One has to wonder how many false calls the GM's get regarding scripting simply because some player's don't talk.

D

D'Amavir

A scripter is a scripter. I don't care if he's mining, logging, or questing for runics. Scripters are a big part of the reason our economy is in the state it is. Scripters impact everyone, and I'd be willing to bet that a good portion of scripters are the very same dupers and speedhackers you say are the only people worth paging on.

As for having gump's covering up the screen so you don't notice people talking to you, That's only a partially valid argument. I can't count the number of times that someone has been spamming at the bank about something they're selling while I'm doing bods and their text pops up on top of my crafting gumps.
As always, feel free to page on people that aren't really impacting you. I don't mind. I enjoy having gm's show up to see if I am there and then leaving when they find out I am. Its funny and its fun to have the 'page a gm griefer' get all pissed off because they didn't get their way.

As for not noticing people talking to you, yes, it happens. Its not why I don't respond to people though. I go out of my way to encourage people to page on me by walking in a certain pattern and/or ignoring them when they try to talk to me. I talk to anyone that actually is an rp'er and wants to interact with me. But you can tell those from the 'let me say something to him so that I can page a gm on him if he doesn't respond' types. Those types I love to **** off. And I love having the GM queues flooding with those bogus calls. Like I said, sooner or later something will break. And it won't be me.

C

Ceridwen

I've been doing Heartwood Fletcher-quests the last couple of days, since I'm combining that with skill-training (as explained in the Crafters Forum here)...
Not the only one there either, but every time someone walks by, I think to myself "Oh my, they must think I'm a scripter..." just because that area has a "flair" of being home to scripters... same with almost anything I do with my crafter nowadays.

Now personally, I would say that is worse than actually having a scripter there, since I'm more paranoid about people thinking I'm scripting/afk (while I'm not) than the scripters (most likely) are....

C

Connor_Graham

Speech doesn't go over the gumps or containers in KR.

*watches as the theory flies out the window*

*waves goodbye to the incorrect theory*

:lick:

G

Gellor

Uh, why should I have to talk with people I don't care to?rolleyes: I play UO to be with friends and guild members or earn gold to buy equipment.

Please show me where in the TOS it says I HAVE to talk with other people?:link:

Is scripting an issue, YUP... and it does need to be taken care of.

But I don't feel it is the players' place to page over something unless they have 100% proof/certainty... not talking to a player is NOT 100% proof of scripting.

I can't comment about the number of times I've gotten to talk to GM's because I don't desire to talk to other players:mf_prop: The good news about that is I get to talk to the GM for a while for once:stir:

I would LOVE EA to implement a nuisance rule about paging on players. After enough false pages, players are punished in some fashion: ignored by the GM, account suspended, account banned, etc.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok Kyrie, I'm just as against scripters as you or anyone else is, but if you can spend 4 hrs straight doing quests without cheating, isn't it possible that someone else can too? I haven't read the entire thread, so if you've returned after many hours and they're still there, then I would be suspicious. But if they've been at it the whole time you've been at it....well....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One thing people should keep in mind is that I'd say the majority of people (at least the majority of the ones I talked to) are using KR to do the quests in Heartwood because of how much easier they are with that client. For the bowyer quests, it's common to have open on screen your own backpack, the crafting gump, your beetle's pack, a quiver with bolts in it for the Lethal Darts quest, the trash can, the quest gump, and a container used to put recipes and/or talismans into. With all of this open, there is a VERY small area that is clear to actually see what's around you. Because of this, it's extremely hard to see that anyone is talking to you. Taking this into account, this is a very good reason why a lot of people don't answer you. They simply didn't notice that you were talking, if they even noticed you were there.

That said, I ALWAYS answer people that talk to me while I'm crafting, whether that be in Heartwood or at my house filling Bods. I've spent the past few years building up my reputation as a vendor house owner & trader, and wouldn't want that reputation tarnished by something as simple as not saying hello to people. A reputation takes a long time to build, but can be destroyed in seconds.
So Connor, the next time I"m on my Pacific newb, and I run by your house at 3am, and hear crafting sounds coming from your house, you'll come outside and talk to me if I knock?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To simply answer the question: If you had not blocked them and caused them to log off, a GM would have showed and attempted to talk to them. If they did not respond he would have moved them to jail and tried again. If they failed to respond again he would have suspended or banned the accounts. You shot yourself in the foot. I know of at least 2 people who were recently suspended for Heartwood scripting.

I have never had an issue opening a GM page in Heartwood - granted I have only done it a few times.

On the blocking that people are saying you could get in trouble ... it appears you left a path, it just wasn't the path they were taking. That is permissable. Only complete blocking is illegal.

On the actualy subject ... it is up to you how important you feel it is. People have a very good point that Heartwood is such a bad system that it invites even the most honest of player to be at least tempted to script. The system needs changed.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Perhaps they aren't scripting, but I can tell you I saw no pack animals around and this person was there hidden for hours. In the last week I have been there 3 different nights for about four hours each night and that person has been there. No pack animals around, and you can time the completed sounds, and the messages that spam from the trash can.

After playing this game since it's inception, I can pretty well tell when someone is doing something that is illegal (which doesn't mean I have to be a scripter or a hack to know this stuff.)

Maybe someone on Pacific would like to go look themselves and give their feedback as to whether or not it is a scripter. I'm sure that person is there right now, hidden, constantly dinging the quest, and dropping the loot bags in the trash can (I'm at work or I'd go check myself.)

:confused:

D

D'Amavir

Perhaps they aren't scripting, but I can tell you I saw no pack animals around and this person was there hidden for hours. In the last week I have been there 3 different nights for about four hours each night and that person has been there. No pack animals around, and you can time the completed sounds, and the messages that spam from the trash can.

After playing this game since it's inception, I can pretty well tell when someone is doing something that is illegal (which doesn't mean I have to be a scripter or a hack to know this stuff.)

Maybe someone on Pacific would like to go look themselves and give their feedback as to whether or not it is a scripter. I'm sure that person is there right now, hidden, constantly dinging the quest, and dropping the loot bags in the trash can (I'm at work or I'd go check myself.)

:confused:
Are you implying that they are somehow getting around the need for resources in those quests? I don't know of any script that lets you do that. Not in a way that would let you run the same quest over and over for hours as you say without the need of a pack horse or beetle to carry resources in. If something like that is happening, it needs to be investigated. Too bad the GM queues are too full of people reporting people for bogus reasons for the gm's to have time to look into it though.

L

LeeHarvey

Are you implying that they are somehow getting around the need for resources in those quests? I don't know of any script that lets you do that. Not in a way that would let you run the same quest over and over for hours as you say without the need of a pack horse or beetle to carry resources in.
Hmm, how are you so familiar with scripts?

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had 2 real, legitimate reasons to page a GM in the last 3 weeks, and I can't for the life of me understand why someone would waste that amount of time just to "tell" on someone. Someone who may or may not be doing something wrong.

Then I go from confused to angry when I realize how much shorter my wait time would have been if all these people would stop paging because they think someone is scripting.