• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hail Zig_Mythic

Z

Zig_Mythic

Hail, and thank you for the welcome!

Yes and no :)

I'm not new to UO, been playing for a loooong time.

As for the Mythic part, that is new!

Z

Zig_Mythic

Hey everyone,

In a nutshell, my function as UO Liaison is to assist the Devs with gathering feedback and info relating to key issues and concerns from players.

That’s the short version. The ‘tl;dr’ version follows :)

I will be helping the UO Team by being another set of eyes on the forums relaying any issues you guys report or problems you might have in-game.

Please understand though I’m not a Dev and I’m not Community. I’ll reply to your posts all I can but remember most of the time I’m going to have to ask questions to get answers so when I post “I’ll have to ask” it’s legit! :p

Thanks again everyone for the welcome!

Z

Zig_Mythic

That forum still serves as a place to ask questions - I'm not a replacement for it by any means.

I'll be lurking other places too, not just here. :)

Z

Zig_Mythic

Why is the tl;dr version longer then your initial answer?
I used 'tl;dr' meaning "too long;didn't read" since that part of my post is more of an explanation (and longer than) the initial definition I typed. :)

edited for spelling (the coffee hasn't kicked in yet)

Z

Zig_Mythic

I've got few complaints about the game, but when I do you'll hear 'em! :D Glad you'll be lurking elsewhere as well - there are widely varying opinions about the game and some people don't post here... 'course I hope in your duties you'll be doing live polls in Britannia! I know a few players who don't post on forums at all (or very rarely), but still have genuinely good feedback.
I'm reallllly good at lurking - both on forums and in-game :thumbup1:

Z

Zig_Mythic

Yes, god forbid you make people aware you are on top of things. God forbid that the UO Team not show visibly that they are working on their communication, which is arguably the worst of any online mmorpg. God forbid. rolleyes:

At least kudos to you for responding to things in this thread.
The whole point of me being here is to help remedy the communication issues - where I can. As I've said I'm not a Dev, so I don't - and won't - have any immediate answers for anything.

What I will do is pass things along to those who can help. If I am able to provide an answer I will. If I am not able to, I'll find someone who can.

I apologize if this isn't the immediate solution you are looking for, however, this is certainly a step towards improving things.

Z

Zig_Mythic

Not having immediate answers is OK, sometimes its knowing that a problem/ issue has merely been ACKNOWLEDGED goes a long way.
Precisely - and that's what I'm here to help with. :)