Guild Wars are a winner!!!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

geni

no venom no hard fealings but we gotta pull out for awhile some of my members were having problems with some people constantly res killing them and as there arent many of us and we arent wearing any arties its hard fighting all you guys but was fun take it easy.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
I do not think Kage got what he was trying to say out. The point being, it's technically harder to stock up on cursed arties, minor arties, and major arties being the spawn rate on marties are so slow and cursed arties/tots don't spawn anymore. I'm pretty sure Neo was out messing around in Luna, because we were surely about to gank him if someone didn't scare him back in the house with efields. :)

My .02, faction arties just made it to where everyone was able to have it. But now, people are disliking this due to not being able to obtain them as long as others, let alone afford to buy them back.

Which is understandable, but you guys said it yourselves, you can wear all the cursed arties, marties, runic armor that you want in this non-faction server war. The only difference is, majority are saying "we're not looting suits", so it makes everyone participating, happy.

*shrug* Why not have faction server wars and do the same thing? As in, I'd be down for no looting suits, but all pvp supplies such as; regs, bandages, apples, petals, pots, etc are free game to try and keep them out of the fight. Just because someone is in stat, doesn't mean they're useless either. A mage can still help cross heal, dexers can surely get their specials off still, TnT did it all the time while in stat, not to mention a bola or two.

Just my .02, which is like .04 now in this post.

So, regular game play is free game. But, if we coordinate fights and a specific place and time, the rules apply and no looting of suits. I can do this, and people in 420 would abide by this.

Let me know if this is something people would do down the line *After your non-faction server wars of course*. Because like I said, the items are here, this is UO as it is today, you might as well enjoy them and I think this would be a GREAT and FUN way for people to learn, have fun, and maybe get to know your enemy in vent/ts.

Sounds almost reasonable:).

F

Førsaken

There are a lot of people that hate the Faction Arties, even when low was here, there werent many people to fight, and a lot of the ones that did log on every night didnt want to PvP all the time, they wanted to farm silver/gold/scrolls/peerless.
This War wasnt TNT's Idea, we just had a buncha people that wanted to try it for a change, and It's gotten all those Anti-Faction Arty folks to come play, people we havent seen in awhile or ever.

If we have enough that want to do your Faction Battles, I'm sure that could be set up as well. Im just a TNT waterboy though, theyd have to vote on it.
I do not think Kage got what he was trying to say out. The point being, it's technically harder to stock up on cursed arties, minor arties, and major arties being the spawn rate on marties are so slow and cursed arties/tots don't spawn anymore.
Which is easier though, farming silver/gold to buy something that exist, or stocking up on slow spawn rate marties, no longer spawning tots to get major arties, or no longer spawning cursed arties? Point is that people still wear this stuff in the non-faction server war. :) They just enjoy the fact hardly anyone is looting it.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
no venom no hard fealings but we gotta pull out for awhile some of my members were having problems with some people constantly res killing them and as there arent many of us and we arent wearing any arties its hard fighting all you guys but was fun take it easy.
I am not at all sure of everything that went on but whatever happened, happened in Luna. We have had some good fights outside Luna and I think if we stick to that then maybe things wont get quite as hot. Anyway I hope you re-consider. I know things got out of hand with krystal at the Brit moongate after y'all guardwacked her, drylooted her, and one of your members did a *pisses on krystal* emote.

N

Nickster

I do not think Kage got what he was trying to say out. The point being, it's technically harder to stock up on cursed arties, minor arties, and major arties being the spawn rate on marties are so slow and cursed arties/tots don't spawn anymore. I'm pretty sure Neo was out messing around in Luna, because we were surely about to gank him if someone didn't scare him back in the house with efields. :)

My .02, faction arties just made it to where everyone was able to have it. But now, people are disliking this due to not being able to obtain them as long as others, let alone afford to buy them back.

Which is understandable, but you guys said it yourselves, you can wear all the cursed arties, marties, runic armor that you want in this non-faction server war. The only difference is, majority are saying "we're not looting suits", so it makes everyone participating, happy.

*shrug* Why not have faction server wars and do the same thing? As in, I'd be down for no looting suits, but all pvp supplies such as; regs, bandages, apples, petals, pots, etc are free game to try and keep them out of the fight. Just because someone is in stat, doesn't mean they're useless either. A mage can still help cross heal, dexers can surely get their specials off still, TnT did it all the time while in stat, not to mention a bola or two.

Just my .02, which is like .04 now in this post.

So, regular game play is free game. But, if we coordinate fights and a specific place and time, the rules apply and no looting of suits. I can do this, and people in 420 would abide by this.

Let me know if this is something people would do down the line *After your non-faction server wars of course*. Because like I said, the items are here, this is UO as it is today, you might as well enjoy them and I think this would be a GREAT and FUN way for people to learn, have fun, and maybe get to know your enemy in vent/ts.
once trained i would do this, i don't really like the fation arties but they are there and others will use them so why not, like the looting restrictions even if its only for a short time to get more people to PvP then normal loot ruls apply I can only see this being a good thing.

P.S

Sakey, if i buy some runic hammers and pay you for the verite would you make me some gear?

F

Førsaken

P.S

Sakey, if i buy some runic hammers and pay you for the verite would you make me some gear?
Yeah, just make a thread and buy the Verite, I don't really have a stockpile of that. I believe Kael, Nabber, Yuck, and the GIL vendor house will be your best bet. The going rate seems to be 200gp per, most sell in stacks of 1k, aka 200k.
Which tends to disappear quickly!

And don't worry, I use talisman + ancient hammer to have 100/100 exceptional chance (to get your mage armor on all of them).

N

Nickster

good man, most of the gear i have is from Ralph anyhow :) will probs just be bronze hammers but might still get the odd piece worth using lol

F

Førsaken

good man, most of the gear i have is from Ralph anyhow :) will probs just be bronze hammers but might still get the odd piece worth using lol
You get decent stuff from Bronze hammers..I've just been at the point where I want MR2 8LMC 5HP uber resist, just to run it. So, I've upgraded to burning Gold Hammers (just burned 3 on armor, 2 on weapons-specifically leafblades).

Bronze is a great way to start though. You will get LMC pieces, if you're lucky with HP and good resist, some MR1-2 pieces and if you're lucky with HP and good resist, LRC is always nice. Putting together a 60+ resist LRC suit is great for spawning.

T

TigerDyr

Sakey
Nice points of view, I dont mind faction or this war I just like to fight where there are most to fight.
My only issue with faction is mainly that all those in factions (Almost) are for 1 prolly better than me on most occasions, and those that are at my lvl will most of the times still defeat me since I ping around 150-200 and most of you ping 10-50.

So when I meet one in faction mage vs mage, im wearing 2/6 so is he, but im casting at like 2/4 or 1/3, im alot slower, plus the fact that most of you guys have your timing down to a damn art!

I dont mind the fact that I lose, but I hate the 20min I have to wait to get back in and fight. Which in many cases results in me just running off when I meet you for instance, cause I know my chances are slim to none of defeating you alone.

fact is that more people are willing to join this war, wether it be the "Respect" givin after a death or the fact that there are no skill loss or what ever the reason might be I dont care. I like that it seems that larger groups of perhaps not so great pvpèrs come and try fight lesser groups but better fighters... I mean sometimes when we tried "Raiding" KoC at an invasion it was fun, we would have the upper hand for like 20 secs and after that just die cause you got together and got over the first surprise. You guys liked those fights as we did... Now they happen more frequently due to this war... (Just not with you guys)

So once again I hope 420 will join and any other guild aswell... the more people, the more fun. And in the end, I think no matter if you are faction or not the ultimat goal by playing is to have fun. So if you think you could have fun participating in this war, then honestly I cant find a good enough reason or argument for not joining it.

Im out of faction for now, will no doubt join it again on a later date, but for now I hope you will do the same and meet me and the rest on that battlefield...

I know I`ve written some diffrent things here but I hope you got the meaning out of it.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
The good thing about these server wars too is the lack of utter bs when it comes to who is winning the war....the kill tracker doesn't lie :)

That being said...TNT2 is kicking our butts at the moment. But we now have some WCB reinforcements coming out of factions and hope to tighten up the gap.

F

Førsaken

Sakey
Nice points of view, I dont mind faction or this war I just like to fight where there are most to fight.
My only issue with faction is mainly that all those in factions (Almost) are for 1 prolly better than me on most occasions, and those that are at my lvl will most of the times still defeat me since I ping around 150-200 and most of you ping 10-50.

So when I meet one in faction mage vs mage, im wearing 2/6 so is he, but im casting at like 2/4 or 1/3, im alot slower, plus the fact that most of you guys have your timing down to a damn art!

I dont mind the fact that I lose, but I hate the 20min I have to wait to get back in and fight. Which in many cases results in me just running off when I meet you for instance, cause I know my chances are slim to none of defeating you alone.

fact is that more people are willing to join this war, wether it be the "Respect" givin after a death or the fact that there are no skill loss or what ever the reason might be I dont care. I like that it seems that larger groups of perhaps not so great pvpèrs come and try fight lesser groups but better fighters... I mean sometimes when we tried "Raiding" KoC at an invasion it was fun, we would have the upper hand for like 20 secs and after that just die cause you got together and got over the first surprise. You guys liked those fights as we did... Now they happen more frequently due to this war... (Just not with you guys)

So once again I hope 420 will join and any other guild aswell... the more people, the more fun. And in the end, I think no matter if you are faction or not the ultimat goal by playing is to have fun. So if you think you could have fun participating in this war, then honestly I cant find a good enough reason or argument for not joining it.

Im out of faction for now, will no doubt join it again on a later date, but for now I hope you will do the same and meet me and the rest on that battlefield...

I know I`ve written some diffrent things here but I hope you got the meaning out of it.
I get you. I understand that people feel like they have to farm to PvP, you really do until you get situated and stocked up. I struggle to make gold sometimes too. With work, my girl, and then sometimes I'm just lazy and don't feel like making the gold to run what I love (items);). But, I'm lucky that I already have a few suits tucked away for when I do die and don't retrieve items, I always anticipate the worse to be honest.

A few tips to help people make gold:

-Farming high end solo creatures these days, just isn't the fast way to make gold. Meaning, the Lady spiders by the Dreadhorn, Miasmas, and Swoops for example-They're great gold getters, sometimes get good items (especially dexer jewels), but, they just don't give the max amount you could be making per hour and the Minor Arty drop rate SUCKS.

-Lady Melisande is a great way to go, you're bound to get lucky and get that uber weapon, jewel, or hair dye! You figure liquid gold is 2 mil, glacial blue is 2mil, blaze and any other decent neon that's not on the npc hairstylist still go for 500k. On top of all this, stocking up on the peerless ingredients can land you the $ in the future, selling bulk. People love bulk!

-Spawns! Even with the scroll market going to **** (which I don't get now, due to bags of sending 1) being changed back and 2) gold weight reduced). Gold is easier to farm up from spawns and anywhere you're at, with that said, items should honestly be going up on certain things like scrolls, that's how the market goes.

-IDOCs are another great source of making gold. I'm too lazy to go find these though, but omg can it be a great turnout for the lucky person(s).

All of these can be done by giving 30 mins - 1hour of your time, doesn't have to be everyday, but maybe every other day, or 2 days a week. You're bound to get lucky eventually, and the more days/time you spend on it, the better your chances. Only takes 1-2 lucky turnouts to be set for a good bit, trust me.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2004
LOL!!@#$@!%#$@^! Priceless. Stick to what you know, and knowing me is not one of them. I never said anything about not coming back to Siege (let alone saying I left/leaving) or ranted about playing Atlantic. It was something to do at the time. Sorry that you aren't around the PvP scene, but I do enjoy that you think I was not playing prior to faction arties. Let alone, playing my Necro Mage template.

That gets a :thumbsup::thumbsup:

p.s. Take more of my words out of context, PLEASE do. If I see a zerg, i.e. a bunch of mindless fodder that are intelligent enough to double click me in war mode, dismount/bola, and all kill and it's 3:1 easy, then yeah, wtf does that tell you?
Sounds to me like i hit a bullseye. pysch 101: person that is guilty will undoubtably lie and try to cover up his mistake.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2004
"Weren't you guys the first ones on the shard to complain about grtr dragons?" No offense, but you're really reaching for something. No, I was not, nor did I ever really complain about them. Are they OP? Yeap. I think 9/10th of the shard agrees, and I wasn't the first to say that either.

But hey man, if you're enjoying making up random comments that I/we supposedly said, have at it!
Ya im reaching for bullseye #2 in a row. 9 outta 10 would agree that you and your guild (whatever it is now) are the biggest crybabies when it comes to tamers. But hey, sounds like you're starting to cry now, go get yourself a tissue. I'll back off ya, didn't know you were that sensitive. I'm saaawwwweeeeeeeee.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
It's funny to me how many posts we have in this thread from people that are not in the war!

Perhaps they didn't read the first line of the thread!

I/we could care less about what you think, just read the thread over 20 posts about how much fun was being had, until the usual posters feel the need to spam it up with all of their crap.

Maybe you guys will learn its not your skill, your items or your numbers, it's your attitude and it's been displayed for all to see in this thread.

I have seen so many posts about items, well last night due to an extra large ego (he is an awesome pvper, no joke) we killed (5v1 gank) Critical. He was not dead for 2 seconds and started spamming "sell back, sell back" to I think 420 needs to go easy on all the item talk, at least until they can handle it themselves.

To all in the war, cya in the field!

R

RichDC

Next time there is another big battle, dya think you could get some screenies posted?

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Texas
I just wanted to add to Sakey's post about making Verite Mage Runic.

You can get decent stuff without breaking the bank. I used a Copper Runic and a Spined Kit to make this suit, I was in a hurry and only made 5 each piece then put this on. Adjusted with Reactive and SR it's 70Phy 60+ others with my jewels.
Its not a max mod suit, but it's not bad for copper and spined runics.

A 120 Smith/100 armslore with a 30 Ancient Hammer and a 19% exceptional Talisman is 100/100 Mage Mod every time. Hold the Ancient, Dbl Klk the Runic Hammer and Pound it out.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Very stylish as well, Savage. *coughs*

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Texas
lol, well I wish it was Bone Armor, but that's in my UO. I just have to use what they give me :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
*chuckles* just joshing you old friend... As my interest in UO is increasing, I have plans to experiment with just that sort of thing.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
lol, well I wish it was Bone Armor, but that's in my UO. I just have to use what they give me :(
Wearable suits of good bone mage armour would be sweet; at least a helm anyhow. I wont be having to make armour for a bit
since I bought a crap load full of some really good stuff off d's vendor.

C

Calibretto

Great fights tonight. Was glad to be apart of it. I was somewhat rusty been gone awile. Did you guys see me try to remove curse instead of heal? hahaha
I did it twice in a row.!

High lev of respect shown by all. I'm somewhat upset with -SS- . I wish they'd rejoin the war and give it another go.

I was with three mages tonight, was great to have. Were still learning basics with crossheals and apples. But given time I think we'll be good together.

I might also add did you see the style shown by troop?

Those purple shoes.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
It was nice to have Savage tossing me some crossheals as well while pimping the verite samurai look:).

C

Calibretto

It was nice to have Savage tossing me some crossheals as well while pimping the verite samurai look:).
Dude!

Do you think you guys could meet up with me and run these guys thru some
2 vs 2 mage fights? Letting them practice in a more controlled situation would be helpful.

And please let's remain civil and not even try to compare that clunky armor to those purple shoes. :coco:

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Dude!

Do you think you guys could meet up with me and run these guys thru some
2 vs 2 mage fights? Letting them practice in a more controlled situation would be helpful.

And please let's remain civil and not even try to compare that clunky armor to those purple shoes. :coco:
I would be happy to. Sav hasn't played his mage in awhile and it's been awhile since i have had a chance to work in a mage tandem. The good thing is we both live in the same time zone (central) and tend to play very similar times.

P.S. its time to break out the old shadow dyed leather with black sandles and white tunic look from 2004!

S

Scopulus Falco

I would be happy to. Sav hasn't played his mage in awhile and it's been awhile since i have had a chance to work in a mage tandem. The good thing is we both live in the same time zone (central) and tend to play very similar times.

P.S. its time to break out the old shadow dyed leather with black sandles and white tunic look from 2004!
This is why I am in the WAR,(Respect)Aye Tib, we could always use some Help.Now if only stealing gave points hehe

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
Lotta fun Cal, Jesus, Troop and Bruin!!

Lets set up a fight tonight!!

Without the 420 tamers...