Guild Wars are a winner!!!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
F

Førsaken

All I know is I am getting some damn good practice in and so are my enemies.
I have already seen alot of improvement on thier part over just the last few days. What are ya gonna do when we do all get our skills, macroes, and battle intincts honed?
I know what you are gonna do, hide in your houses or use your little trammie faction recall runes to haul your fat outta the fire. that's what you're gonna do. Now run along, I am sure there is some other kid waiting to use the computer lab.
If only you would have left it with just the bold print. The rest is you failing on knowing me, and thinking we'd house hide from yas'. Sure, if you and your new found "enemies" wish to zerg it up together, I'll surely be playing it smart.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Great fights to all!! I can't remember the last time I was involed in such a huge battle!
We had 30 with just two guilds!! The fights started around 10 pm EST and I finally logged at 3 AM, great stuff.
!
I think it would be more impressive to see 30 people with 4-6 guilds but still cool i like hearing that, it makes me not regret activating an old account for this.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
If the developers all felt we should keep UO as it WAS, they would have done so. You guys are all on the fence imo. One side is falling towards prodo rule set, of not worrying about items anymore, the other side of that fence should be aiming for a player run server that tailors to these needs you guys obviously have in order to play. As in, pub 16.

I doubt the DEVs would give this any thought, but we could ask them to create a new server that is pub 16 or close to that mind set at the time of 7xgm, armor was not needed, etc.

IMO that would be me giving a helpful thought to why Siege Perilous for one, and this game for another, is so dead. This event is a mere ploy to fool yourselves into thinking UO is what it was.

Make the pub 16 server, and I guarantee that the server would be flooded. I bet you old schoolers would come back, faces that you knew and miss seeing in the field would be back.
I'd be all for that!

I'd be right on that server too.. nothing will change on my end, or 420s, but it would get you guys to fight more, because it'll be 100% easier.
Isn't that what we are doing? It's not like we haven't asked you guys to join in...

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
OH THAT'S RIGHT, because they no longer have to worry about losing their items, except for their resources such as pots, bandages, petals, etc.

Whooah, that's all any prodo pvper loses. :thumbsup:

If it's fun to you guys, it's fun, but stop saying we should go to another server, because you guys can't handle the game as is.
I gotta agree with this statement if everyone gives there stuff back in battle its just like having insurance. Taking the armor and loot defines a winner and a loser for the fight. IMO

F

Førsaken

I'd be all for that!

I'd be right on that server too.. nothing will change on my end, or 420s, but it would get you guys to fight more, because it'll be 100% easier.
Isn't that what we are doing? It's not like we haven't asked you guys to join in...
You have asked, I and I'm sure the others appreciate that. We gave our opinion on the matter, which wasn't to demean at first. But, when you have certain people taking jabs as to why we won't participate and giving their opinions, it only makes us come right back. Which is exactly what I've seen.

Just think how fun it'd be to truly have a pub 16 server again! I'd play it, love it, and it'd revitalize my Ultima Online game play, and I'm sure many others!

The player ran servers just don't cut it for me, I've had too many problems with them-lag, casting, "friends" of server hosts/gms exploiting, etc.

U

UONanook

It's cool though, the ones that suck at PvP, will just enjoy mediocre game play, instead of learning how to coordinate and make proper templates.
I do suck at PvP but I hardly see how factions is the best place on Siege to learn how to PvP. For me, Guild Wars is an opportunity to learn the mechanics of PvP. I flat out do not know how to PvP but Guild Wars gives me a chance to learn by getting into many fights and dying many deaths and learning many lessons about PvP. I may end up in factions as I have intentions of doing so at some point.

M

MoonglowMerchant

I gotta agree with this statement if everyone gives there stuff back in battle its just like having insurance. Taking the armor and loot defines a winner and a loser for the fight. IMO
I believe that to a degree. However, given the choice between logging in for 3 hours and getting one fight where I could loot someone and logging in for 3 hours and fighting the whole time, I prefer to do both.

In other words, with the Guild war, I can log in and play that because there is no stat loss or item loss so people fight a lot. Then, if I want a change of pace I can go fight V or 420. It is the best of both worlds.

For my part, I really hope V and 420 do not join the war because if they do, I won't have anyone to kill and loot and I would definitely miss that.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
You have asked, I and I'm sure the others appreciate that. We gave our opinion on the matter, which wasn't to demean at first. But, when you have certain people taking jabs as to why we won't participate and giving their opinions, it only makes us come right back. Which is exactly what I've seen.

Just think how fun it'd be to truly have a pub 16 server again! I'd play it, love it, and it'd revitalize my Ultima Online game play, and I'm sure many others!

The player ran servers just don't cut it for me, I've had too many problems with them-lag, casting, "friends" of server hosts/gms exploiting, etc.
Well said, and point taken.

F

Førsaken

It's cool though, the ones that suck at PvP, will just enjoy mediocre game play, instead of learning how to coordinate and make proper templates.
I do suck at PvP but I hardly see how factions is the best place on Siege to learn how to PvP. For me, Guild Wars is an opportunity to learn the mechanics of PvP. I flat out do not know how to PvP but Guild Wars gives me a chance to learn by getting into many fights and dying many deaths and learning many lessons about PvP. I may end up in factions as I have intentions of doing so at some point.
You got me here, it's a great learning method for sure. If that was the first reason for this server war (besides to have 'fun'), I guarantee you that I would have thought differently about all of this. Sadly, it's not the reason for a lot of the people. Instead, they used this as a scapegoat to get away from items, factions, etc. Slandering others that do use them, calling them trammies for using what the game has to offer.

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Purple shoe factory
Well....I am just going to have fun. I like to make my own stuff with my crafter and use it. I like it here on Siege. I have been playing UO for 1 and a half years now. I played in tram for the first two months. It was all weird there. Everyone seemed to sit around at the bank on brightly colored horses wearing eye burning clothes. It was very hard to make any friends there. I could not find much fun there. Siege to me is far diffrent than tram was. I am not sure what is right or wrong for the shard. I am just going to play my best and have fun.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
If the developers all felt we should keep UO as it WAS, they would have done so. You guys are all on the fence imo. One side is falling towards prodo rule set, of not worrying about items anymore, the other side of that fence should be aiming for a player run server that tailors to these needs you guys obviously have in order to play. As in, pub 16.

I doubt the DEVs would give this any thought, but we could ask them to create a new server that is pub 16 or close to that mind set at the time of 7xgm, armor was not needed, etc.

IMO that would be me giving a helpful thought to why Siege Perilous for one, and this game for another, is so dead. This event is a mere ploy to fool yourselves into thinking UO is what it was.

Make the pub 16 server, and I guarantee that the server would be flooded. I bet you old schoolers would come back, faces that you knew and miss seeing in the field would be back.
I'd be all for that!
We'd all be for a classic shard... IF it was created.

No. I, like the rest of my guild enjoy the new content in UO. We enjoy the expansions and the new skills, templates, items and so on that they've offered us...and that is exactly what Siege is. This is not a classic shard where 7xGM characters duke it out in GM armor... that was more than 6 years ago. This is Ultima Online with things in it like artifacts, peerless, ninjas, and sampires. We play this game to enjoy ALL of it... not just select pieces of it... while we are all fond of the old days, but this is what UO is and has become... it's the truth of this matter... we've embraced and accepted it.

We suggest that everyone learns to do the same as we have... that is where we stand on this subject... as Sakie said.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
You got me here, it's a great learning method for sure. If that was the first reason for this server war (besides to have 'fun'), I guarantee you that I would have thought differently about all of this. Sadly, it's not the reason for a lot of the people. Instead, they used this as a scapegoat to get away from items, factions, etc. Slandering others that do use them, calling them trammies for using what the game has to offer.
Well, maybe its a scapegoat for me, but I can tell you that I have been able to get several Gilfane members who have never had an interest in pvp, to jump into the pvp. How is that not a good thing?

*edit* Lemme give credit where its due. It was Bruin's idea, I just have a bigger mouth. :)

S

Scopulus Falco

We are not going to start a free shard.hell iv never played one and dont plan on it.I do know this though, we are going to play the game the way we want to. with you or with out you.

F

Førsaken

We are not going to start a free shard.hell iv never played one and dont plan on it.I do know this though, we are going to play the game the way we want to. with you or with out you.
That's great kiddo! I don't suggest you or anyone starting a "free shard". They already exist. Thanks for putting in your .02 though, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
OH THAT'S RIGHT, because they no longer have to worry about losing their items, except for their resources such as pots, bandages, petals, etc.

If it's fun to you guys, it's fun, but stop saying we should go to another server, because you guys can't handle the game as is.
Ultimately, people are free to take whatever they want, most of us simply don't, because we want to get back to fighting. The winner of each battle is usually pretty clear with or without looting. One side or the other will eventually retreat or give up so many ghosts that they cannot continue. Beyond that, there is a scoring system if its that important to anyone.

There are some guilds/players that do loot. It's their perrogative, but they may get the same in retrun.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Ultimately, people are free to take whatever they want, most of us simply don't, because we want to get back to fighting. The winner of each battle is usually pretty clear with or without looting. One side or the other will eventually retreat or give up so many ghosts that they cannot continue. Beyond that, there is a scoring system if its that important to anyone.

There are some guilds/players that do loot. It's their perrogative, but they may get the same in retrun.
We won't be looting. It's too much fun to have everyone right back in the fight!

S

Scopulus Falco

and no he has nothing to fear from me he has faction gear. lets say i unstone my fighting skills and fight,and he or she wears same gear as me. well may be a lil dif there Rico LA

S

Sunchicken

very good
If your using this guild war thing to learn the mechanics thats great. You are using this slow paced to hone your skills there is nothing wrong with that. I agree factions is not the best place to begin learning pvp. After you get comfortable doing your guild war id recomend logging onto test center to figure what template you will be most effective when it speeds up a hair.

If you can sucessfully pvp on test center and have a good kill to death ratio. You can come back to siege and wipe out 70% of the shard without working up a sweat....

D

Death of Hemp

Sounds like Trammel and item insurance would be perfect for this. That way you really wouldn't have to worry about your precious GM armor being looted... and no one could interfere with your RP war, unless they were at war with you!!!

Trammel is that way ---------------------------------->
Trammel, trammel....Hmm, isn't that the place where people wear a bunch of uber items to fight?

Vortex, you took the words right outa my mouth. (except you omitted my tendencies toward profanity and a bad attitude)

;)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
ROFL, I was one of the first thieves on the shard with 120 steal. Nice try though...la
then use it . i mean other than plot stealing that is.
As I explained earlier...it's sitting on a stone for the present. I'm working other skills at the moment. I've primarily played a thief on Siege for the better part of 6 years. I figured I try out the other aspects of the game (stealing from monsters is not included). The only monster balms I have stolen, had spawned in players packs...la

S

Scopulus Falco

As I explained earlier...it's sitting on a stone for the present. I'm working other skills at the moment. I've primarily played a thief on Siege for the better part of 6 years. I figured I try out the other aspects of the game (stealing from monsters is not included). The only monster balms I have stolen, had spawned in players packs...la
Sure it wasnt from another thief?or do you not care?

S

Scopulus Falco

A "thief" steals from other players. "theives" steal from monsters and crates. I steal from "theives"...la
Like i said before Rico i like to steal from any thing, you know like the old days before the trammy crap you do.I AM In the Guild and use it.and now that you just admitted to breaking some rules you push on other thieves you are now KOS SOS. man as if you were a real thief at all.Practice what you preach.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Sounds like Trammel and item insurance would be perfect for this. That way you really wouldn't have to worry about your precious GM armor being looted... and no one could interfere with your RP war, unless they were at war with you!!!

Trammel is that way ---------------------------------->
Says the Atlantic Doom Trammy.

Your own guildmates have been known to call you out on it, so don't deny it.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
All you guys keep on having fun. I have news for you. BR is jealous because you all are having fun. You took your toys and found a different sandbox and now he's allllll alone.

He's lonely. Pity him.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2004
Same goes for you and everyone else in this server war. It's amazing how many "pvpers" you see now, "30 people on the same field at once" zomg. . .Why is that I wonder?

Wait a minute here. Aren't you the same dude that not too long ago said you wouldn't come back to siege because you were too busy playing Atlantic? Sure seems to me as soon as these faction arty's turned siege into trammy land you popped up in a hurry. As far as worrying about losing an item goes, i think i read a post of yours in this thread somewhere about you saying that you would prefer to sit in a house than go out and fight (or you called it being smart LOL). So lemme understand this, you dont wanna go back to trammy land because siege is now trammy land and thats where you're happiest. You don't wanna leave the house because you might lose your precious. Sounds to me like you only wanna fight when it's convienient for YOU. You only wanna fight when there's little to no chance of losing your precious, otherwise you just sit in your house (to me this is the biggest insurance of all). So, by some strange logic, you yourself have pronounced yourself a trammy.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2004
Sir, you can slander 420 and any of its members all you want, the fact still remains, you refuse to better yourself, your group, and learn the game as is.

:next:
Boy o boy *shakes head* Weren't you guys the first ones on the shard to complain about grtr dragons? Maybe you outta learn the game as is, oh wait, you already said that. tsk tsk.

S

sin laden

I'm new to Siege Perilous, and I'm here for the pvp. I've already recruited a family member and I'm chipping away at a friend. But we don't have a lot, and we are trying to learn the game and slowly ease in...this guild war seems like the best idea this server has had in a while and it is SURE to attract new players.

And it is NOT attractive because of "trammel"...I don't sell this to my friends by saying hey come play this game that is like everything else out there, fight uber players that have mindlessly farmed items they have no chance of losing so that when you finally beat them there is little to no consequence. That is the part where i am lying to them...if i told the truth, i'd mention that their items are useless to you and they can just buy an entirely new set in seconds...but let's be honest, SP seems to be the closest thing any of us have.

This whole bickering back and forth is such a case of the pot calling the kettle black...if I ever happened to kill one of these faction artifact wearing people it would inflict no real damage on them, monetary or otherwise...even if I didn't sell one iota of their belongings back it really wouldn't make any difference to them...the people that are hurt in factions are the people that can't afford to lose artifacts, the new players...it's a very upside down system, just like arena points in warcraft (honestly faction artifacts is almost a 100% equivalent, and given the timing it must have been devised as a competitive resolution).

It's a system imposed by the devs, you find a lot of that in other games but not in this one. The spirit of the players dominates here. People use their imagination...what did they come up with? They invented a war and invited people to participate! And you know the best part? PEOPLE ARE HAVING FUN! Only the most crass and callous individuals would try to stem such a triumph of the human spirit...

That triumph is what makes this game awesome, and it has the potential to revitalize SP for some groups of players. This game is about what the players want, not what the devs want...and i haven't seen 30 people on my screen in the 2 months i've been on this server, so you guys are doing something right. KEEP IT UP!

On a side note, maybe think about ways to get the NEW guild or just new players in general involved in this...even if it is just spectatorship.

Seeing players in uber gear all the time is just demoralizing, i've been on this server 2 months and i have a measly 5x GM to show for it or something paltry like that...to be quite honest, making the jump to a full set of factions artifacts that I pvp well enough in seems insurmountable.

2 of those are taming and lore...skills i chose because they are so clearly imbalanced in pve and pvp they represented an early foothold for me to springboard off in a place where i had nothing. My sister has GM lore/taming now too...frankly, i'd feel a little bad for whoever we decide to take advantage of...especially if they have a full set of artifacts on. Sometimes "get with the times" isn't the best way...especially when the times are such a perversion of what certain players want. I don't think I'd be hearing the same speech right after the 3 of us stealthed, bolad, and gdrag'd you and then proceeded to dry loot your arties and not sell them back...but hey, it's just a hunch.

I just don't see the big deal about people doing what they want to do...

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2007
2 of those are taming and lore...skills i chose because they are so clearly imbalanced in pve and pvp they represented an early foothold for me to springboard off in a place where i had nothing. My sister has GM lore/taming now too...frankly, i'd feel a little bad for whoever we decide to take advantage of...especially if they have a full set of artifacts on. Sometimes "get with the times" isn't the best way...especially when the times are such a perversion of what certain players want. I don't think I'd be hearing the same speech right after the 3 of us stealthed, bolad, and gdrag'd you and then proceeded to dry loot your arties and not sell them back...but hey, it's just a hunch.
Really guy? Really? You think that three stealth tamers walking around the shard hasn't been tried before? You dont think they are very easily combated with a detector and competent mages? Really?

S

sin laden

Really guy? Really? You think that three stealth tamers walking around the shard hasn't been tried before? You dont think they are very easily combated with a detector and competent mages? Really?
No need to come at me with the threatening tone.

If the proposal sounds absurd then good...my point is for a new player, it can feel like the only way to get ahead is to use somewhat cheap tactics(or downright absurd ones). I think it would be silly for you to pretend that this template isn't frequently effective and often complained about on these boards...or are no pets allowed in guild wars because they clog up your screen?.....yeah that's what I thought.

I agree that smart players have ways of countering it, but that doesn't mean it won't and hasn't worked plenty of times before. Again, refer to the many posts complaining about gdrags in pvp if necessary.

If I didn't come here (this server) and get bullied maybe i'd have different ideas...

Which is actually why I think the guild war seems like a great idea...and why I was pointing out that including less seasoned players might be beneficial. It seems like the whole point is that a server full of stealth tamers ISN'T FUN, i'd like to play my way I really would...but that isn't this server.

I haven't done one pve activity in the past 2 weekends without being raided by a stealth PK. Part of the perspective is taking revenge on these people in as short order as possible. Before I came here i didn't want stealth or hiding, nor did i care about them...truthfully, i just don't see how a tamer would live without them here in the beginning.

This thread is about the choices the dev team provides players, and the choices a community of players provide for themselves. Sure, the game allows me to use all the cheapest tricks in the book to win, but if I'm reading the thread correctly, it sounds like there are at least 30 players out there that hold themselves to a higher standard.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
We won't be looting. It's too much fun to have everyone right back in the fight!
Sounds to me like INSURANCE but hey thats cool maybe the wars arent for me if we gonna start the same crap people gonna end up loosing there sammy helms or Heart of the Lion and are gonna start whinning about some one lootin them.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
Sounds to me like INSURANCE but hey thats cool maybe the wars arent for me if we gonna start the same crap people gonna end up loosing there sammy helms or Heart of the Lion and are gonna start whinning about some one lootin them.
Sprago - All I can say is that we have more people logging in than we've had in months. I've heard more of our guildmembers and opponents saying they've had more fun than they've had in ages. We all fight out numbered at times, no one [as long as we're not in friggen Luna] runs into a house to hide, those that I've had contact with behave like adults, there is no trash talking and best of all, most of the fighting takes place outside of Luna and fights are not hard to find!

It's almost non-stop, fun fighting. After Friday night and most of Saturday, we had some exhausted PvPers! If you want some fun fights for hours on end, join in, if not, thats cool too.

The bonus is that people that normally don't PvP much, but want to try or gain experience, get to do that without losing tons of expensive equipment and gaining nothing but frustration. I have to believe that can only be good for this shard. It's good practice for all involved.

Its really not much different than when you were in with Gib, Masu and a few others. We never looted, but we fought for hours!

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Texas
Well, Im not wearing any arties, just runic(70 phy 60+ all others, blessing a 1/3 with 10dci and other goodies on Saige. Its hardly a maxed out suit, just have to watch my Mana.

Im not looting by choice, if I do loot, it will be only regs or potions I need, thats my choice, I can make my own armor and I dont need to supply myself from looting.

Fighting this way I dont mind running into a crowd of 6-8 Crus, 2 vs 6-8 like Ru and I did the other night, they got practice going offensive, we got practice trying to survive. If it was Factions I wouldnt fight with those odds, or Id damn sure be on a Stealther and pick my Fight.

This is good in my opinion, it may not be the Dryloot, Crap Talk, Rude, Luna PvP everyone thats left on this shard is used to, but It's refreshing to me and I'm having fun playing a mage again that I have had on a shelf for about a Year.

F

Førsaken

Wait a minute here. Aren't you the same dude that not too long ago said you wouldn't come back to siege because you were too busy playing Atlantic? Sure seems to me as soon as these faction arty's turned siege into trammy land you popped up in a hurry. As far as worrying about losing an item goes, i think i read a post of yours in this thread somewhere about you saying that you would prefer to sit in a house than go out and fight (or you called it being smart LOL). So lemme understand this, you dont wanna go back to trammy land because siege is now trammy land and thats where you're happiest. You don't wanna leave the house because you might lose your precious. Sounds to me like you only wanna fight when it's convienient for YOU. You only wanna fight when there's little to no chance of losing your precious, otherwise you just sit in your house (to me this is the biggest insurance of all). So, by some strange logic, you yourself have pronounced yourself a trammy.
LOL!!@#$@!%#$@^! Priceless. Stick to what you know, and knowing me is not one of them. I never said anything about not coming back to Siege (let alone saying I left/leaving) or ranted about playing Atlantic. It was something to do at the time. Sorry that you aren't around the PvP scene, but I do enjoy that you think I was not playing prior to faction arties. Let alone, playing my Necro Mage template.

That gets a :thumbsup::thumbsup:

p.s. Take more of my words out of context, PLEASE do. If I see a zerg, i.e. a bunch of mindless fodder that are intelligent enough to double click me in war mode, dismount/bola, and all kill and it's 3:1 easy, then yeah, wtf does that tell you?

F

Førsaken

Boy o boy *shakes head* Weren't you guys the first ones on the shard to complain about grtr dragons? Maybe you outta learn the game as is, oh wait, you already said that. tsk tsk.
"Weren't you guys the first ones on the shard to complain about grtr dragons?" No offense, but you're really reaching for something. No, I was not, nor did I ever really complain about them. Are they OP? Yeap. I think 9/10th of the shard agrees, and I wasn't the first to say that either.

But hey man, if you're enjoying making up random comments that I/we supposedly said, have at it!

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
I just can not seem to understand why you guys are not in factions...

I mean you guys are running the same equipment...

It just seems stupid. You guys cry about loosing faction items yet TNT2 are running armor that should cost more gold than buying faction items...

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Texas
I just can not seem to understand why you guys are not in factions...

I mean you guys are running the same equipment...

It just seems stupid. You guys cry about loosing faction items yet TNT2 are running armor that should cost more gold than buying faction items...
Both guys you have pictured are still training, neither one is fully trained.
Kolbjorn is less then 2 months old(if im wrong on that he will correct me)

You cant even begin to compare the non-faction version of those arties to the Faction Versions. From what ive seen of our guild there are mainly a few cursed arties or a few blessed Sammy Helms.
My suit is only Runic, and Id say that we have a lot more Runic then arties.

Having People logging in that want to fight in this War is far better then not having anyone to fight in factions.

LOW is pretty much gone, weve lost quite a few due to Factions, KoC/420 has only come back recently, JSV is here and there, mainly on Blues these days, V is around but not very many.
The Shard is Dead for Factions most Nights, but its been fairly lively in the Wars. You can dis the War PvP, but it seems to be fun for most, and a lot that wouldnt normally PvP.
Getting those people out and fighting and having fun to log in more often is what matters to me, otherwise this shard is gonna fall asleep and not wake up.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
Looks more like a safety net rather than a war. I would be willing to bet if we left factions and joined this war of yours TNT2 would quit wearing all this nice gear that they are sporting in less than a week... We would probably be kicked from the war for destroying all of you over and over :(

S

Sweeney

Looks more like a safety net rather than a war. I would be willing to bet if we left factions and joined this war of yours TNT2 would quit wearing all this nice gear that they are sporting in less than a week... We would probably be kicked from the war for destroying all of you over and over :(
Then try it and prove how the war won't tolerate skilled PvPers.. or otherwise quit spamming your hypotheticals.

F

Førsaken

Both guys you have pictured are still training, neither one is fully trained.
Kolbjorn is less then 2 months old(if im wrong on that he will correct me)

You cant even begin to compare the non-faction version of those arties to the Faction Versions. From what ive seen of our guild there are mainly a few cursed arties or a few blessed Sammy Helms.
My suit is only Runic, and Id say that we have a lot more Runic then arties.

Having People logging in that want to fight in this War is far better then not having anyone to fight in factions.

LOW is pretty much gone, weve lost quite a few due to Factions, KoC/420 has only come back recently, JSV is here and there, mainly on Blues these days, V is around but not very many.
The Shard is Dead for Factions most Nights, but its been fairly lively in the Wars. You can dis the War PvP, but it seems to be fun for most, and a lot that wouldnt normally PvP.
Getting those people out and fighting and having fun to log in more often is what matters to me, otherwise this shard is gonna fall asleep and not wake up.
I do not think Kage got what he was trying to say out. The point being, it's technically harder to stock up on cursed arties, minor arties, and major arties being the spawn rate on marties are so slow and cursed arties/tots don't spawn anymore. I'm pretty sure Neo was out messing around in Luna, because we were surely about to gank him if someone didn't scare him back in the house with efields. :)

My .02, faction arties just made it to where everyone was able to have it. But now, people are disliking this due to not being able to obtain them as long as others, let alone afford to buy them back.

Which is understandable, but you guys said it yourselves, you can wear all the cursed arties, marties, runic armor that you want in this non-faction server war. The only difference is, majority are saying "we're not looting suits", so it makes everyone participating, happy.

*shrug* Why not have faction server wars and do the same thing? As in, I'd be down for no looting suits, but all pvp supplies such as; regs, bandages, apples, petals, pots, etc are free game to try and keep them out of the fight. Just because someone is in stat, doesn't mean they're useless either. A mage can still help cross heal, dexers can surely get their specials off still, TnT did it all the time while in stat, not to mention a bola or two.

Just my .02, which is like .04 now in this post.

So, regular game play is free game. But, if we coordinate fights and a specific place and time, the rules apply and no looting of suits. I can do this, and people in 420 would abide by this.

Let me know if this is something people would do down the line *After your non-faction server wars of course*. Because like I said, the items are here, this is UO as it is today, you might as well enjoy them and I think this would be a GREAT and FUN way for people to learn, have fun, and maybe get to know your enemy in vent/ts.

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Texas
There are a lot of people that hate the Faction Arties, even when low was here, there werent many people to fight, and a lot of the ones that did log on every night didnt want to PvP all the time, they wanted to farm silver/gold/scrolls/peerless.
This War wasnt TNT's Idea, we just had a buncha people that wanted to try it for a change, and It's gotten all those Anti-Faction Arty folks to come play, people we havent seen in awhile or ever.

If we have enough that want to do your Faction Battles, I'm sure that could be set up as well. Im just a TNT waterboy though, theyd have to vote on it.