• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

{GUIDE} How to get to your accounts management page

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay I am going to try to make this as easy as possible.

Since I've already linked my accounts I cannot provide screenshots for some of the steps but I will try to explain it the best that I can.

Go to the accounts management page. Either from the main UOHerald Website or from the log in screen on your game.

You will then see this:

http://i54.***********/122p934.jpg\

On the next screen, enter the E-Mail address associated with your UO Account and click Submit.

Check your E-mail, you should receive it instantly.

Click the link provided and set your password, click submit.

It will bring you to this page:

http://i53.***********/qqxvtd.jpg

It will ask you to complete your profile. Don't bother..close that out and go back to your account management page.

Once you've logged in, it shows a list of all the UO accounts you have associated with that E-mail address. Unfortunatly I've already done this so cannot provide a screenshot :/

You can chose to link all or just some of your accounts, just enter the password associated with the account named and click LINK, it will give you a success.

At the bottom, where it says Enter your EA Master Account name and password, ignore that it's not needed.

Once you've linked all of your accounts successfully, reload the page.

You'll see this then:

http://i53.***********/16c5p1l.jpg

ALL of your linked accounts should be in that drop down menu. Select the account you wish to view then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page until you see this:

http://i52.***********/eju2io.jpg

NOTE: You will not see the update renewal button or the cancel subscription button until you click on the orange button labeled SET DISCRIPTION in the upper right corner.

Click on that then refresh.

Once you can see the update renewal/Cancel Subscription buttons, you can view/edit payment information.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WISH TO LINK ACCOUNTS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU ARE LOGGED INTO, OR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE ANY LINKED:

http://i52.***********/295pezt.jpg

Don't forget to add the _uo at the end of your account name, click LINK, then CONTINUE.

REMEMBER: This migration is still not 100% complete. There are still issues regarding linking and/or accessing some accounts. If this does not work for you, be patient.

I hope this guide at least helps a little.

D

Der Rock

Okay I am going to try to make this as easy as possible.

Since I've already linked my accounts I cannot provide screenshots for some of the steps but I will try to explain it the best that I can.

Go to the accounts management page. Either from the main UOHerald Website or from the log in screen on your game.

You will then see this:

http://i54.***********/122p934.jpg\

On the next screen, enter the E-Mail address associated with your UO Account and click Submit.

Check your E-mail, you should receive it instantly.

Click the link provided and set your password, click submit.

It will bring you to this page:

http://i53.***********/qqxvtd.jpg

It will ask you to complete your profile. Don't bother..close that out and go back to your account management page.

Once you've logged in, it shows a list of all the UO accounts you have associated with that E-mail address. Unfortunatly I've already done this so cannot provide a screenshot :/

You can chose to link all or just some of your accounts, just enter the password associated with the account named and click LINK, it will give you a success.

At the bottom, where it says Enter your EA Master Account name and password, ignore that it's not needed.

Once you've linked all of your accounts successfully, reload the page.

You'll see this then:

http://i53.***********/16c5p1l.jpg

ALL of your linked accounts should be in that drop down menu. Select the account you wish to view then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page until you see this:

NOTE: You will not see the update renewal button or the cancel subscription button until you click on the orange button labeled SET DISCRIPTION in the upper right corner.

Once you can see the update renewal/Cancel Subscription buttons, you can view/edit payment information.

REMEMBER: This migration is still not 100% complete. There are still issues regarding linking and/or accessing some accounts. If this does not work for you, be patient.

petra what you show is already done....ea acc and 3 linked uo acc... sofar sogood all was clear
but if i chose one of the linked uo acc a error message apears
-error
during processing your question an error is .......(like this)

and then nothing happens...

it would help to know hoe to cancel all this crap we did at the beginning,maybe on the way there was something wrog, so i would like to start from the beginning....
but maybe i didnt do anything wrong,because other player have the same problem and it is a ea problem :(

W

Woodsman

it would help to know hoe to cancel all this crap we did at the beginning,maybe on the way there was something wrog, so i would like to start from the beginning....
I think I ended up with like 4 EA accounts because of those, but once I saw what others were saying in another thread, I was able to get all of my UO accounts linked. I would like to be able to change the EA account name, but I probably should just shut up and be happy that all of my accounts are linked.

It was poorly worded IMO.

Bethany_lg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't access one of my accts and it happens to be the one that I purchased a 6 months game code for instead of paying by credit card. So perhaps your accts have game time too, and they haven't finished with that part yet?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Awesome job, Larisa. Thank you!

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thanks for the guide Larisa.

It doesn't do anything for me though when I click SET DISCRIPTION and refresh.

I have N/A for Method and Amount, do I need to go through my payment options again?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't access one of my accts and it happens to be the one that I purchased a 6 months game code for instead of paying by credit card. So perhaps your accts have game time too, and they haven't finished with that part yet?
no the site still incomplete since every account with a gtc is not visible... maybe next week we will have another update to fix it... and maybe they will add the UO gtc to the list of the war/daoc :p

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i get this

Error

There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i get this

Error

There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.
welcome to the club... we all receive a special card from devs with : "We forgot that UO has gametime codes"

W

Woodsman

6 months game code on your account

7th character slot on my main account missing.

both purchased through uogamecodes.com....

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You have to remember that the migration still isn't 100% complete. There are still issues with people unable to link accounts, gametime and upgrade codes are not activated yet..it will take a few more days for them to iron out all the wrinkles and get everything 100% back up and running again.

Until then if you are still having issues, it's best to just wait it out.

I still can't upgrade to SA and im biting my nails! But, just like the rest of you, I have to wait :/

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i have 4 different names on the drop down menu for accounts, how did youget yours to show all of your in one go??

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why did it make me make an account through mythic that is blank and asking for a key?

this seems to me like it was a ploy to try out a trial or something.

now i have 3 accounts, when i should only have 2.

of course the 2 are not accessible and the 1 is asking for a key or to start a trial..

W

Woodsman

i have 4 different names on the drop down menu for accounts, how did youget yours to show all of your in one go??
Did you click on the "Continue" button at the bottom after you entered the accounts and passwords you were trying to link? I skipped that a few times after I saw the "Success" thing, until somebody said hit "Continue". After that, I got a message confirming that everything linked, and then they started showing up afterwards.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
yes it did they are all linked under the same email address for ea account, but they all show seperate in the drop down at top of page

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try to get into any of my accounts and it sends me into an endless loop of creating EA accounts and mythic accounts O_x....and I never do get to see my account screen after that. (It keeps asking for a new UO cd key, after prompting for the information for my existing accounts)

Whoever thought it was a great idea to use 4 different login systems together..that don't interact with each other at all needs a brain transplant...

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now what am I supposed to be entering in the first two boxes?

Account names don't work they want email format, so does this mean they want the email associated with my accounts AND its password or the password(s) to my UO accounts, which are all different?

Neither seems to be working, but I suppose this new account center now has my passwords to email and accounts stored up.

Also, I don't want to come to Stratics to have to learn these things, I should be able to learn about UO from the site my subscription fees pay for, UO Herald.

But you get what you pay for and EA is cheap, I know.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nice guide Larissa ..thank you! They are actually referring us to this post on UOHerald!
I know I was shocked to see that!

I did miss a few steps I think because like I said I had already linked all my accounts before I did this...but I hope that it's at least helped alittle.

I know some people are still having issues, but the guide is as straightforward as you're gonna get right now.

Once you have all the accts linked and everything is back to normal I'm sure things will be much easier, but there are still some issues with people being unable to link certain accounts.

Upgrade and Gametime codes will also not work for at least another few days.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
You have got to be kidding me....

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...I was finally able to see my account, I tried a reset password using my email address and that worked (I'm however not sure why it worked, as I didn't have a EA master account on my old UO accounts, but I guess it creates one for you w/ whatever email address you registered them with), but still all my accounts on that email didn't show up on the link page, and when i try to link the ones on my older email address it forces me to create a Mythic account for them first, which forces me to create an EA account for it first....which then tells me because I have an EA account associated with the accounts they now cannot be linked...

On the brighter side of things, since I pay month to month and always wipe my billing info after I pay by CC. (I don't like automated billing) If I don't figure it out in a few days I guess I'll start saving $36 a month :) (should probably pack up my soulstones and arties just in case...I'd hate for the castle to drop though...)

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before this all started I had set up a Master Account. Today I tried logging into it, but it did not recognize my password. So I hit the "Don't remember your password?" button and, as requested, input the email address associated with my account.

I received the 'reset password' email - but it's all in Japanese! lol

I will be glad when they get it all sorted out and I am sure they feel the same way!

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My friend cannot enter a credit card to keep her accounts going. It keeps saying "Can't process this transaction use another credit card". Called CC company card is fine. Tried a Visa said same thing. Her accounts start going out on Monday. What can she do? She has used the first card for nine years. It does not give her the saved information option.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before this all started I had set up a Master Account. Today I tried logging into it, but it did not recognize my password. So I hit the "Don't remember your password?" button and, as requested, input the email address associated with my account.

I received the 'reset password' email - but it's all in Japanese! lol

I will be glad when they get it all sorted out and I am sure they feel the same way!
is chinese, I've also translated it and speaks about mixing some plants in a bowl... however nonsense things :D

K

keitaro

its not letting me add any of my account names..... keeps saying invaild account name or password. and i know im using the right pass

M

molinaro

its not letting me add any of my account names..... keeps saying invaild account name or password. and i know im using the right pass
When you enter the account names make sure you add "_uo" to the name you use when you login to the game.

Ie: if game account name is: abc

They you would enter:

abc_uo

When linking that account.

D

Deb

Awesome guide Larissa, I will keep it bookmarked. I have till Sept 10th to worry about my accounts since they are paid up till then. Will wait till
next week to do any updating.
Hopefully the account mgmt page will be fully migrated by then.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I had known what they were doing before hand I would have gone in and changed all my account emails belonging to our family to the same email address so we could have linked them all to a single master account...

Does anyone know if its possible to link several "master accounts" together?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did the acc create new password bit but it then takes me to the next page like it should but i have no accounts for UO (should have 6) and no where can i make it see that UO exsists.

Oh and for the LOVE OF GOD!!!!! get them to unlike that Facebook connect bit. Facebook is one of the most hacked sites in the world and i DO NOT want my official account even remotely linked to it.

berkus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today has bought on gamecodes Grand Bazaar Pack. Activated codes in game and claimed Raised Garden Bed and Chest of Sending.
After restart of servers of a thing were gone.
Has passed a re-registration on EA acct m. Also I can not activate codes Gothic and Rustic theme packs.
Writes that I can't register a code for this account.
Confuses partial autotransfer of page from English into Russian though on-default English is exposed. So-so, but all as to an account it is impossible to read transfer. All is written by strange symbols.
It is necessary to be switched from English to another accessible and back on English and then all is displayed clear English by language without strange symbols like??? id-64??

M

marah_iafew

Ok, so I have an account I hooked up... dunno... 13 years ago? It was my main account and call me crazy but I just never remembered to update the email addy. It's an OLD email addy that I no longer have access to. I mean before I just put in the user name and password and BAM, the account came up...

Now, since I have to link the account to something, but have no email addy to put in for the account, how the heck do I get this account current? And don't bother asking about the key I used 13 years ago... I'm sure that CD case has loooong been thrown away. I mean I just resubscribed to UO a few weeks ago after a few years away, hooked up an expansion the very night the account center went inactive. So been looking to play the expansion, but haven't been able to.

I'm sorry but this new multiple level account thing is a little ridiculous. Oh and when I try to do anything, for account support or whatever, it takes me to the WAR support forums.

Just at a loss as to how to get the expansion set up on an account that I NOW can't access in the account center.

What a mess!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is totally FUBAR. The only account that shows up on mine is some obscure account I forgot I ever made. I cannot add ANY of my main accounts no matter what I do. On each one I get a message saying Invalid account name or password despite typing in the correct names and passwords.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...I was finally able to see my account, I tried a reset password using my email address and that worked (I'm however not sure why it worked, as I didn't have a EA master account on my old UO accounts, but I guess it creates one for you w/ whatever email address you registered them with), but still all my accounts on that email didn't show up on the link page, and when i try to link the ones on my older email address it forces me to create a Mythic account for them first, which forces me to create an EA account for it first....which then tells me because I have an EA account associated with the accounts they now cannot be linked...

On the brighter side of things, since I pay month to month and always wipe my billing info after I pay by CC. (I don't like automated billing) If I don't figure it out in a few days I guess I'll start saving $36 a month :) (should probably pack up my soulstones and arties just in case...I'd hate for the castle to drop though...)
^ this

promised myself I wouldn't attempt it til I had to, but curiosity got the best of me (been gettin' me in trouble all my life, that) ..... same thing happened to me, but just before I made the second account I came here to check for postings.... so now I have one EA account (I think) which has a ..... what the heck did they call it... some kind of easy to remember account name thingie, which is not the name of any of my accounts and when I click on that drop-box, Larissa, there is no other UO account listed (which there should be from the email addy, yes?) just that made up name that I gave the account

yah, not caring very much for this.... and yes, Phaen Grey, had I known last week that the email connected to all my accounts would be vital I might have double checked them all...

M

marah_iafew

yah, not caring very much for this.... and yes, Phaen Grey, had I known last week that the email connected to all my accounts would be vital I might have double checked them all...

Yep, I agree!

I have 6 accounts over 4 emails and another on an email I cant even access any more.

M

marah_iafew

Guess all the former 250k+ UO players who have changed their email addresses or forgotten their email address cant play UO again using their former accounts. :loser:

It is mind boggling that any business would do a migration live on production servers without any testing which would have picked up most of the problems? and why wasn't there a user guide?

Honestly cant wait until NetDragon releases UO 3D.
Seems no one learns from SOE. Heh Heh

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[SARCASM] Gee, what wonderful customer service EA has!

I can't get the password to my two old accounts.

Call their lovely Customer Service number, choose option #7 and I get: "We're sorry the line is currently closed. Please call back between 7AM and 7PM central time. Btw, I live in the central zone its 5:52pm as I type this. God, what great customer service we get from EA.
[/SCARCASM]

BTW, Central time where??? India or Whateveristan?

Okay My bad I did not know its Saturday ...I though it was Friday.

Been a very bad week and I lost a day without even realizing it.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seriously they need to wipe this **** and start over giving us access to our old account information so we can make the changes needed to have this actually be something worthwhile.

I have 3 new accounts to access 8 family accounts and make payments for.. who's brilliant idea was this?

Oh and best of all there is no cancel subscription buttons guess not giving you away to take your money back might keep them being paid for these idiot ideas... till I block it from my bank anyway!

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I am going to try to make this as easy as possible....

Larisa, thanks for taking time to make the guide. I seemed to have made it through till that last screen. I can click "Set Description" but it does nothing. I refresh the screen and I don't get any new buttons for "Update Renewal", or "Cancel Subscription."

I was planning on reactivating an idled account this evening, but I have no way to do that until they get that part working for me.

On an interesting note, I was able to link to several other idled accounts and even a DAOC trial account.

I guess I'll just wait and see if they get the rest working so I can re-activate another account.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
http://i54.***********/anyijn.jpg

If you've done it correctly and are not having any issues, there IS a cancel subscription button.

Remember, like I've said before..this whole thing isn't completely done yet. There are alot of people still having issues.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I got all but ONE account linked. It takes the password when I click link.
Then when I click continue it says account XXXXXXX could not be linked. No reason or directions as to what to do to correct the problem.

This is a serious, gi-gan-nor-mous, steaming pile of cow MANURE!!!

Gaah why not have trained circus monkeys handle our accounts, I could gett better results there with peanut butter and bananas!!!!!

GAAAHHHH I'm so flusterated
:gun::gun::gun: @EA!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Successfully linked 9 out of 16 accounts that I was able to "log in" to and get the Success! message. (Got the can't be linked message for the other seven.)

Have a few other accounts that were linked to the e-mail that are so old and have been on mothballs so long that I can't easily recall their passwords. Will have to dig them up and try linking as well.

Am hoping that the 7 more current accounts that didn't successfully link will link in a few days. Not going to panic over them just yet. Am taking it as a good sign that (a) EA has them associated with the correct e-mail address, and (b) I did get the "Success" message for them even though they didn't link. Am hoping they just haven't finished fully migrating into the accounting system or something and the linking process will work for them in a few days.

S

swami

How do you create a new account on this new system? I purchased Stygian Abyss and I can not figure out how to create a new account. Calling EA for help did not work.

J

Jack Tallow

Sort of worrisome. I know of multiple people who have old accounts linked to inactive e-mail addresses. They've always simply relied on their username and password getting them to their account data. Not sure what they'll do now. Granted, it's their own fault, but I hate to see some of them in a bind, they simply enjoy their characters and accounts, and I doubt they'll rebuild.

Let's face it, it's just a game, but you get attached to a character or personality after a while. Some of our old accounts are like those shoes that are perfectly broken in, you like them for that simple reason.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it found three that wasnt linked to email but i believe to address, credit card!!!!!! i had worried about same thing but seemed to be good!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically they added UO to Warhammer's and DaoC account management from the pics I see. Pretty simple set up and trust me it is way easier to deal with if you close accounts or re-sub them.

W

Woodsman

Sort of worrisome. I know of multiple people who have old accounts linked to inactive e-mail addresses. They've always simply relied on their username and password getting them to their account data. Not sure what they'll do now. Granted, it's their own fault, but I hate to see some of them in a bind, they simply enjoy their characters and accounts, and I doubt they'll rebuild.
What's to stop them from setting up a main EA account and then adding their other accounts?

All you do is add _uo to the end of the accounts, put the password in on the links page, and they are added.

I am kinda peeved that they didn't tell us this in advance (to edit the account information and put in current emails), but somebody was in a rush to get UO, Camelot, and Warhammer accounts combined.