• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

{GUIDE} How to get to your accounts management page

H

Hand

Didn't work for me... hmm... tell EA I might be off to EVE... this is... terrible. *sigh* bok.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this could end up being a VERY expensive lesson to EA (not that they'll learn from it) as to why you test things BEFORE you push them to your customers.

Of all my accounts I can currently access, my main ones are currently listed as "canceled" and any attempts to resubscribe fail, and of my two remaining active ones, if the new account page is to be believed one will expire the day after tomorrow and my last account has about 2 weeks.

banking whatever I can from my castle just in case, but if this nonsense keeps up there's going to be a very big IDOC there in a few weeks :/ (shortly followed by the deactivation of my last account)

I would consider joining you in EVE...but I play with Excel enough at work :D (seriously, and I thought AOS was bad)

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ALL of your linked accounts should be in that drop down menu. Select the account you wish to view then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page until you see this:

http://i52.***********/eju2io.jpg

TY for the guide Larisa. But when I scroll down to bottom of page. There is nothing down there. I dont see the pic that you have posted above.
Maybe I have done something wrong. Well anyways im going to have to pack up all my arties and rares. For my gametime will be ending soon. They should have kept it the way it was. If it was only going to cause a bunch of confusion.
Until they make it easier. Looks like I wont be opening up any of my accounts. Good luck all !!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you link the Accounts? And if you did did you choose your UO account on top before going to subscription and scroll down?

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you link the Accounts? And if you did did you choose your UO account on top before going to subscription and scroll down?
Ok, when I pick the (account name_uo) I get this> Error

There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.

When I pick (account name). It takes me to the account management screen. But when I scroll down to bottom of that screen. There is nothing down there.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, when I pick the (account name_uo) I get this> Error

There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.

When I pick (account name). It takes me to the account management screen. But when I scroll down to bottom of that screen. There is nothing down there.
They have to fix that error with the UO account name. Only then you can see your UO account status.

berkus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Migration over is finished?
At me keys with UOGameCodes don't approach.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i was the Dev team this morning, looking back over the posts from the weekend. Not wanting to look at that one smug git in the corner that said it wasn't ready.:mf_prop:
I'd push the Tidy up Britannia program out quick to try and take peeps minds off the farce they call Billing while they try and fix it.:eyes:
With nothing else todo, peeps are gonna continue posting about it and thats gonna put off ANY new player thats browsing the boards for info on the game.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I could link my accounts, no problem there...

But they have a MAJOR PROBLEM with the new billing system. My main account says active in green, and below that it says "CS UO Subscription" whatever CS means. The point is it doesn't refresh to show "update renewal" or "cancel suscription" buttons, it only shows a button to "subscribe"!
And with my billing period ending tomorrow, and the $12.99 frozen in my bank (like EA does every month a couple of days before actually billing me) I called EA support... AND THEY TOLD ME MY ACCOUNT WAS SET TO NOT RENEW ITSELF!!! by whose authorisation?!! It's been renewing itself automatically for the past 6 years and now that's been deactivated? a F$%#d up new billing system they got going!
anyway, the lady was very attentive but seemed to know nothing about what's going on (give her a day to find out all the customers that'll be calling about this, poor girl). After a while she told me my subscription had been set by her again to renew itself, but it still doesn't show on the acct mngmt page...

not a happy camper here, no sir!

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's telling me no account under my email account. Really? Well, they just send me some stuff the other day to that email account. I just sat on the phone for 30 mins only to be disconncted by the 'help'. Sigh....

H

Hand

bok! Thanks! got me halfway through.... now sticking on the billing stuff...

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to link all of my accounts. HOWEVER, I cannot log into ANY of them to play the game.....let alone to REFRESH my Brittanian ship that I will go ballistic over losing.
It even shows that an account I haven't played in about a decade is ACTIVE! Are you KIDDING me?!
What magic wand do I use to get into the game......or does it take a phone call to start a class-action lawsuit as everyone begins losing their rares and goodies? That is exactly what I will do if I begin losing thousands of dollars' worth of collections from the past 12 years.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I could link my accounts, no problem there...

But they have a MAJOR PROBLEM with the new billing system. My main account says active in green, and below that it says "CS UO Subscription" whatever CS means. The point is it doesn't refresh to show "update renewal" or "cancel suscription" buttons, it only shows a button to "subscribe"!
And with my billing period ending tomorrow, and the $12.99 frozen in my bank (like EA does every month a couple of days before actually billing me) I called EA support... AND THEY TOLD ME MY ACCOUNT WAS SET TO NOT RENEW ITSELF!!! by whose authorisation?!! It's been renewing itself automatically for the past 6 years and now that's been deactivated? a F$%#d up new billing system they got going!
anyway, the lady was very attentive but seemed to know nothing about what's going on (give her a day to find out all the customers that'll be calling about this, poor girl). After a while she told me my subscription had been set by her again to renew itself, but it still doesn't show on the acct mngmt page...

not a happy camper here, no sir!
There's some new stuff (from this weekend anyway) posted on the UO Japan site about the new account management site. I plowed my way through some poor Google translations of several pages and the following are a few things I came away with. But note that these are based on reading really, really rough translations of the pages and may not be completely accurate!

(1) When you're on the Account Management site, you must take the step of updating your credit card information for linked accounts if that is your preferred payment method and even if it looks like your account is set up to pay by credit card. If you don't confirm the credit card info, your credit card will not be automatically billed at the next renewal time.

(2) For some people who have input valid credit card information, for some reason the accounting system is treating the information as invalid and blocking access to the account.

(3) You can't put in gametime codes and please don't even try at this point.

(4) If you can't get your UO account linked to an EA account and it had credit card info on it under the old system, that credit card information has been saved and your credit/debit card will automatically be billed at the next renewal time.

I think that the "CS UO Subscription" tag went on accounts that still had active time on them and unvalidated CC information (i.e., the typical $1 trial transaction had been sent to the bank but the CC confirmation process hadn't finished yet) when the account migration started. And EA seems to have given these accounts some gratis (free) play time last week, but that free play time ended on Friday or some time this weekend.

Assuming your credit card info isn't rejected by the accounting system (seems some CC/debit card info isn't processing properly on the new system), I think you can just update that information and you should then see new "start" and "end" dates for your subcription on a second line below the one that says "CS UO Subscription."

As mentioned above, it looks like EVERYONE with successfully linked accounts has to go through and update/confirm their credit card information in order to once more get the automatic payment going when their current time runs out. (Updating/confirming it means you actually pick a subscription length and put in your credit card info, press the confirm button, see the amount they will charge you periodically and any tax, and then confirm again and get a page verifying they got your cc info.) I believe this was vaguely hinted at in the UOHerald announcement made right as the migration process started, but was definitely not explained with any clarity.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are now charged tax on our UO Subscriptions???
I've read a lot of players commenting about this. I live in a NO sales tax state and I'm still told I'm being charged a tax. However, the amount is $0.00 and this is confirmed when I see how much EA charged my card.

If you live in a state that does have a sales tax then EA has already been charging this tax for years.

A

Aboo

We are now charged tax on our UO Subscriptions???
I've read a lot of players commenting about this. I live in a NO sales tax state and I'm still told I'm being charged a tax. However, the amount is $0.00 and this is confirmed when I see how much EA charged my card.

If you live in a state that does have a sales tax then EA has already been charging this tax for years.
I really don't know about having been charged tax for years but I do know that the last time I was billed it was $12.99. Today is was $14.11 - $12.99 subscription plus $1.12 tax!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been paying tax on 6-month subscriptions for a couple years now, and in fact the tax on my monthly amounts was finally what got me to go to the 6th month plan on all my accounts (and it took me a bit to play with the billing times to where my 3 accounts get billed in 6 different months, specifically the ones with the lowest utility bills due to heating & cooling).

Part of the problem is that many states have passed use tax and sales tax laws that affect internet transactions, but the laws are phrased so obtusely that they SHOULDN'T (by their wording) cover monthly subscription fees for ANYTHING (not just UO), but that's not how a lot of the state Revenue departments are INTERPRETING the wording of those laws, and without some rich persons as PLAYERS to challenge in EACH STATE (spending much more than what is lost), it's safer for EA (and most other companies) to hire a 3rd party accountant to tell them what taxes are due, and forward them to the proper state or national governments, with the 3rd party company set up to take any liability hit if some locality's taxes aren't paid.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Tina, I did as you wrote and ventured into subscribing, and my card info was there waitong for me to give this new system the OK confirmation.
They could've just said so (like you so nicely did :)
well, off to rest and put all this behind.. Hope I find all my goodies there when I log back in a few days
gnite y'all

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we currently unable to log into the game?

My accounts are all linked and I have no problem logging into the new master account on their page. My problem is that when I go to log into the game, I enter whichever account name I am going to play and my password but the log-in locks up and stops responding every time. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

M

marah_iafew

They mention not applying game codes to our accounts, does that include the expansions?

M

marah_iafew

Are we currently unable to log into the game?

My accounts are all linked and I have no problem logging into the new master account on their page. My problem is that when I go to log into the game, I enter whichever account name I am going to play and my password but the log-in locks up and stops responding every time. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Just saw this.

I had this same problem on one of my computers. It happened apparently after the last patch. I had to uninstall the client and reinstall and it worked fine afterward. There used to be a 'scan all client files' button or something like that that would refresh all the patches, but I couldn't remember how to do it so for me, just dumping and reinstalling the client was the way to go.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i evidently got my account in the drop down list but it doesn't take me anywhere, even if i get this PoS to work I'm thinking about canceling my account on principle, or if they wont let me do it with a phone call I'll just call my credit card company claim false charges and let EA complain at me for not paying them to be crappy and sticking with a system that actually works.

B

bonno800

They mention not applying game codes to our accounts, does that include the expansions?
I tried to apply two codes Monday night and I was getting errors. Support explained that no codes are working at this time.

I tried again this morning and got the same message. (Stygian Abyss and High Seas codes)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i evidently got my account in the drop down list but it doesn't take me anywhere, even if i get this PoS to work I'm thinking about canceling my account on principle, or if they wont let me do it with a phone call I'll just call my credit card company claim false charges and let EA complain at me for not paying them to be crappy and sticking with a system that actually works.
If you can summon up just a wee bit more patience, maybe we can walk you through things a little further, Scarst. Also, I think that if you've managed to link your UO accounts to your EA account, EA is not going to be automatically renewing your UO subscriptions unless and until you confirm your credit/debit card information by re-entering it. (If you don't link your accounts, I think they might continue to charge your credit/debit account for a while off the info in their old accounting system, at least for a short while. At least this is the impression I got after reading a rough translation of some info on the UO Japan site.)

Scarst, see if this post (http://vboards.stratics.com/2002176-post372.html) in the stickied Account Migration Issues thread helps just a bit to get through the process of confirming your credit/debit card info.

Good luck!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The page itself will reload and change as you switch account via drop down list. The account status for account selected in drop down should be located at the bottom of the page.

You will need to click on the subscribe button (top left corner of page) and confirm/add billing info to the account selected. When you have done this, two new buttons should appear under the account status display at the bottom of the page to cancel/modify billing.

I

Irvyn

Thanks Larisa, that was extremely helpful, I've managed to get all my accounts linked and renewed the one that just expired *relief*

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks Larisa, that was extremely helpful, I've managed to get all my accounts linked and renewed the one that just expired *relief*
Glad this has managed to help at least some people. I know alot are still having issues but at least it's something. And thanks to all the others who have added their own techniques and ideas.

All in all this has been a mess but a great community, we've helped each other alot! :)

Now all I want to do is upgrade to SA! :rant2:

I'm satisfied with re-decorating my new house :) for now....:eyes:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if anyone still have single isolated throw away account tied to throw away email.

I was thinking that without exposing account info if it is possible for a video guide to be created with background voice explaining each steps. Video guide of the whole process might make it easier for some people to understand better.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the guide Larisa.

I haven't managed to get anywhere near accessing my main UO account (which is mildly worrying as my CC expired at the end of last month), I can't say i'm impressed by EA's handling of this so far, as it looks like their instructions on how to migrate from the old UO system to the new EA one is not great (yours is much better).

I'll try again in the morning, it's 4am here and I may be missing something obvious (such as, is a Mythic master account, the same as the Mythic account I had to create for Warhammer online).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I wonder if anyone still have single isolated throw away account tied to throw away email.

I was thinking that without exposing account info if it is possible for a video guide to be created with background voice explaining each steps. Video guide of the whole process might make it easier for some people to understand better.
Interesting question...

You think if I made a new account...via the 14 day free trial...with a totally different email address....

*scratches head*

I'm gonna go try it, this is a great idea.

D

Deb

With the help of a friend (Thanks Jamie) and Larissa's guide, I finally
got all my accounts linked and updated.
You do have to remember to add _uo to your account name and that
is what finally made the whole process painless.

Duduz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i was talking on EA support, about one account of my, that returns a error, ive explained all, and than he said : Please reinstall your client.

What is the type of support EA have ????

And than ive asked if he knows anything about what i was saying, and he kicked me from support chat...

Thats for it that i pay to play???

I thinking a lot to forget it, and just change game...

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've finally managed to link a new EA master account to my main UO account.

I'm now struggling to get my warhammer online account linked...
It doesn't accept the email address I registered with, nor my account name:p

You'd have thunk that before they did this change they could have sent out a warning via email to make sure everyone had their account details up to date (although I have all mine written down, but that still doesn't seem to help much, especially as i seem to have had seperate accounts with EA, bioware, mythic and ea mythic).

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, this isn't UO related strictly speaking but it may help other people who play UO and warhammer.

For your warhammer online account, if you were in the EU (thus originally under the control of goa), your warhammer account can be linked by using adding _EUR after your warhammer account name.
So if you had "nilremwarhammer" as your EU warhammer account name, your link account name should be "nilremwarhammer_EUR", and your warhammer password as normal.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Shameless bump :)

Though Monday the Account Management will be unavailable for maintenence so maybe it might be better waiting until after it comes back up.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thanks L. I am slowly but surely figuring this out. All accounts are linked... I think.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I think this thread is still relevant.

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can anyone explain what the EA Account persona name does? When I log into my EA account manager, I already have an EA Master ID, so why is the UO Account Management page asking me to create yet another persona? What is the difference if I enter a new persona name to setup an EA Account or just use the Mythic Master Account?

F

Fayled Dhreams

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a bad feeling about this - OK I got as far as the "forgot password" step, but can't log in using the new password I set up.

Could be THE game-breaker for me.

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG I am so embarrassed! Well NOW that I use my EMAIL address and not my ACCOUNT NAME....!

Hmm.... only 9 accounts can be linked..... tricky, what do I do about the other 99-odd?

W

Woodsman

Hmm.... only 9 accounts can be linked..... tricky, what do I do about the other 99-odd?
Wait until Battlefield 3 and Star Wars roll out and then watch as EA panics and bumps the limit up when people start screaming to the media that they can't add anymore to their Origin accounts :lol:

Actually it shouldn't take that long, but in the interim you could always setup another account on another email temporarily - look for some posts by I think Tina Small about it. Of course, then you have to migrate your second and third Origin accounts to your first Origin account and...

I shouldn't joke about them not fixing all of the Star Wars Origin.com account problems until it launches, because Star Wars does affect us.

M

marah_iafew

So... do we have an ETA on when we can activate our expansions? Upgrades? Gametime?

Any ideas?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG I am so embarrassed! Well NOW that I use my EMAIL address and not my ACCOUNT NAME....!

Rosalinda, I suggest you submit a ticket through support.ea.com and tell them you have more than nine UO accounts and have been advised by other players to link them, nine at a time, to additional EA Accounts but would like assurances that this is the correct way to proceed. Tell them exactly which UO accounts you're trying to work with and also which e-mail addresses (if any) those accounts were associated with in the old system.

We've seen nothing official suggesting that this is how EVERYONE in this situation should proceed. So, while it has worked for me and several others to set up additional EA Accounts and hopefully won't cause me problems down the line, I'm hesitant to tell everyone to just go ahead and do the same thing without also suggesting they work through Support as they do it. This way, you have it documented as to why you set up the additional EA Accounts. Plus, your ticket also gives the support people more ammunition/information on just how many UO players do have multiple accounts when they sit down with the programmers and database designers to work through this mess.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... do we have an ETA on when we can activate our expansions? Upgrades? Gametime?

Any ideas?
The closest I can come to finding any recent information about the status of using gametime codes are the August 21st announcement in the UO Herald that says they will add this functionality once they have other Account Center processes running smoothly. There's also a small blurb in an August 23rd announcement on the UO Japan site that seems to imply that functionality is coming in another maintenance scheduled for "after tomorrow" (i.e., in the future?).

F

Fayled Dhreams

Wait until Battlefield 3 and Star Wars roll out and then watch as EA panics and bumps the limit up when people start screaming to the media that they can't add anymore to their Origin accounts :lol:

Actually it shouldn't take that long, but in the interim you could always setup another account on another email temporarily - look for some posts by I think Tina Small about it. Of course, then you have to migrate your second and third Origin accounts to your first Origin account and...

I shouldn't joke about them not fixing all of the Star Wars Origin.com account problems until it launches, because Star Wars does affect us.
:lol: "Wait until ..."
:talktothehand: Wait!
You WERE "joking" about them not fixing all of anything?
They HAVE fixed those "problems" ? ticking along smoothly are they ?
*phew*
Remember awhile back when Sony >shutdown< a large piece of their online presence because they were "hacked" From The outside?

EA has been "hacked" from the inside mon friar
and whether it was intended or unavoidable incompetence manifesting a consequence
Never should have happened to begin with ... now should it? /agreed?

Just saying, again; Inu the crones riddles and codes were EASIER to solve ...
mainly because "a solution" WAS intended and logic and guessing >could possibly< move a participant forwards past "it".

THIS? :lol:
'Tis an accident beyond Murphey's theory/rule
BEYOND >I say< because
SOME ONE intentionally started it
Some One said "I guarantee it" and Some One "believed it" and said: "go ahead" ...

here we are

Toadstools in the dark ... well, >not me< as much as some others are ...
Those that refer to THIS as a form of "DL content" ...
'Tisn't ... >this< is not "content" ...
>this< is accounting interface with peeps with Money ...
that they would like to give in exchange, to get TO "content" >in some game<

Game play may change unexpectedly .../granted and accepted

Accounting?

:danceb: all your game are belong to ME