• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GUARD WHACKED INTO STAT!

E

EquiNOX2

its happened so many times but now the new guard zone's have been re-instated its so annoying .............DISCUSS..

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had that happen to me too... on 3 different shards. I didnt even know why it's doing that. And btw I found out the gzone bull**** the "hardway".

And the gzone is very very very annoying. I cant even cast fields at several favorite spots anymore. I guess I will just play on my archer "even" more now.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol @ people not paying attention to their screens, just focused on killing..

Though getting Stated by a guard whack seriously sucks... that really needs to be fixed

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pissed.. I can't believe they re-instated guards...

When the game was getting good too.. :/

S

Stupid Miner

Get parry and adapt! :p

Seriously though I'm curious, did a factioneer call guards or a regular blue?
and does getting killed by a guard always cause stat-loss?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its happened so many times but now the new guard zone's have been re-instated its so annoying .............DISCUSS..
That's pretty funny. Maybe it'll encourage people to fight outside of Yew Gate ;P.

E

EquiNOX2

it happens when you take damage from a orange and you do something criminal in a guard zone the guard whack instantly stats you.....

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sighs*

The correct answer to this thread is..

It is the result of the fixing of "I WANNA KILL MYSELF WITH MY BOX TO SAVE ME FROM STAT" change. So people kept killing themselves so the "OMG I CAN STILL KILL MYSELF TO SAVE MY POINTS" change was implemented. So now, if you were even remotely damaged by an orange before you could heal to max, and you die IN ANY WAY, you are stated.

Equinox knows this, but he just wants to whine, is all. All the REAL BIG TIME pvpers know this. If people didn't abuse the boxes to kill themselves to save themselves from going into stat/losing points in the first place, this would of never been implemented.

You dug your own grave. You live in it. :scholar:

/ End Thread Please :)

&& For the record; Turn guards back off.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wahh, I can't indiscriminately kill anyone who wanders into Fel anymore
Exactly.... That's the spirit of Fel, you venture you die.

Tram, Malas, Ilsh , Makoto are all non-attackables.

If you're trying to mock me your logic is invalid. :scholar:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread has nothing to do with parry and adapting stupid miner, this is about going into stat from guards.

Also this has nothing to do with boxes either, it's just problems caused by the guard zone being turned back on.

It's not just in yew. One can be fighting in brit and go to thunderstorm[since it can be cast in gz, unlike eq ect] hit a blue npc that spawned as you are casting for example, and if you've had any dmg done, instant stat.

There are many examples of things like this that are making factions less fun.

GVP You seem to think this only applies to Yew, however, what about cities that are tied into factions, like brit and mag? Now reds can't fight there again, unless they want to have a severe handicap. It's very lopsided, faction cities should have their guard zones turned off again. This is just one of many examples of the problems that come from the guard zones being in faction towns.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not yew gate guards or fighting there they are talking about. It's in the Towns.
Ah okay. What towns have messed up GZ with new area maps? Brit? Maybe better if people start mapping them out, point out where they are irregular. On side note, I wish Tram Vesper had guardzones they removed since Ophidian invasion :/. Eh, I apologize for Yew Gate remark either way, I just like fighting at spawns better hehe.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ridiculous.

I was chasing an OJ up to Brit. He was south of the city by the docks attempting to get a teleport over the water. I thunderstorm (on my red factioner) for the disrupt and got guard whack stat.

This is just so stupid. My guild primarily plays reds, so any OJ that smoke bombs in Brit never has to fear a conflag pot from us. Two of my guildies deleted a character on each of their accounts last night so they could recreate a blue factioner because they can't do anything in the cities. It's a joke.

Brit is the worst. The action will always end up there at some point, and now we have tram blues hanging out there constantly just to dump on one red factioner at a time, or spam guards. It's bad enough that TB base is horrible to push with reds as it is due to being guard whacked inside (not to mention we're usually facing one natures fury spammer that sits on top of the roof completely out of range), but now you've completely crippled reds in the entire city. TB base is by far the most advantageous base for blue factioners. Now every hero bluebie messes with us before we can even get into the base, and our guys can't even get a cross heal on their way in. lol

Devs if you want everyone to just have blue factioners, then just says the word, and let every red factioner have a one time reprieve so we don't have to delete all of our red factioners.

Did I mention this is ridiculous?!?

A

Arch Magus

only noobs get killed by guards, sheesh .

learn the game already, its been out over a decade

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only noobs get killed by guards, sheesh .

learn the game already, its been out over a decade
In a "not so" ignorant way, Magus is right. The guards were off for a year, give or take some months. Otherwise it's always been like this (FOR THE LAST 12 YEARS) LOL.

I play 75% reds, 25% blues, (try to keep 1 blue per PVP server) so it's not "OMG BLUEEEEE" and it wasn't "SUDDENLY ADDED" after 12 years.

And yes, guards SHOULD be removed. But all the whines are kinda foolish, ya? :gee:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's nice to have somewhere you don't have to be constantly on guard when you're in Fel. You know, the whole point of having towns.

A

A Rev

It's nice to have somewhere you don't have to be constantly on guard when you're in Fel. You know, the whole point of having towns.
My problem with guards in towns is simple. TB and COM's faction bases are in town.

Now, those towns should have no guards, i have no problem with any other town having guards...although it was fun recalling back to drop loot of in the bank and running the risk of getting killed.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problem with guards in towns is simple. TB and COM's faction bases are in town.

Now, those towns should have no guards, i have no problem with any other town having guards...
Exactly.

I don't care about the other cities. Let the trammies stretch their legs outside of guard zone moongates. I could really care less. Just not when it comes to faction bases.

Guards aside, if "hero" blues want to get involved trying to synch gank 1 faction red in a faction town base then they shouldn't be protected by guards anyway.

Bombastic, are you under the impression that if people say nothing the devs will magically make improvements. Sometimes people start "whining" threads to make valid points which in turn "may" get read by a dev that says "hmmm...maybe that is a little messed up".

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Now, those towns should have no guards, i have no problem with any other town having guards...although it was fun recalling back to drop loot of in the bank and running the risk of getting killed.
So get rid of factions.

Or move their bases.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand why non-faction people care so much that guard zones were off in faction cities only. People are acting as if every single city lost its guard zone. Jhelom, N'jhelom, Cove, Serps Hold, Ocllo, Papua, Delucia all kept their guard zones. There are almost as many cities in fel with guard zones still as with out[8w/o|7with]. The fact that blues have all those cities, plus every other facets and they are complaining is unfair to those of us who actually particiapte with factions on reds.

This change is detrimental to the pvpers who are red on almost every single shard. No aoes, no cross heals. What's the point of being red in factions?

I don't think a solution is make a blue for every shard. The guard zones in FACTION cities need to be turned off again.

So can anyone shed some light on why 46% of cities in fel to have guard zones isn't enough for blues? I think that half being turned off because they are tied into faction is fair.

A

A Rev

There is no reason as to why guards are even needed in the fel faction towns.

NONE.

The nice thing that had happened during this time without guards was a lot more factioners willing to go red during base fights(mainly in Brit) killing of the hero blues(good way of putting it!) now...people are going to spend a lot less time playing and more time burning counts as they cant even catch a x-heal!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly.

I don't care about the other cities. Let the trammies stretch their legs outside of guard zone moongates. I could really care less. Just not when it comes to faction bases.

Guards aside, if "hero" blues want to get involved trying to synch gank 1 faction red in a faction town base then they shouldn't be protected by guards anyway.

Bombastic, are you under the impression that if people say nothing the devs will magically make improvements. Sometimes people start "whining" threads to make valid points which in turn "may" get read by a dev that says "hmmm...maybe that is a little messed up".
Then do 1 of 3 things.

1. Make a NEW thread in UOHall called "Removal of Guards In Faction Towns" and state your reasoning. That way DEVs won't need to sift through whines, complaints, and other nonsense.

2. Make this NEW THREAD with ALL FO THE ABOVE in the FACTION section. Considering they are suppose to be "revamping" factions, I am sure they are reading up there a lot.

3. DO ALL OF THE ABOVE, and submit it to the "Ask A Dev" thing.

All I see here are people complaining they got guardwhacked while fighting blues and oranges at the same time and dying and complaining, mixed with some people complaining guards don't need to be turned on, mixed with trammys loving the guards, mixed with faction talk. See how it's hard to get the point and follow it in this thread?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no reason as to why guards are even needed in the fel faction towns.

NONE.

Ooh! I KNOW ONE! I KNOW ONE!

Because the towns don't belong to you knuckle-draggers, and everyone else shouldn't have to put up with your "I GOTTA KILL EVERYONE AROUND ME!" child-like attitudes.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooh! I KNOW ONE! I KNOW ONE!

Because the towns don't belong to you knuckle-draggers, and everyone else shouldn't have to put up with your "I GOTTA KILL EVERYONE AROUND ME!" child-like attitudes.
With all due respect, no one forced you to go to Fel. Pvper's are ALWAYS going to be in Fel, with or without the Faction tag. Your logic is flawed, if you don't want to deal with "knuckle-draggers" then just stay in tram, and whenever someone uses the word "Trammy" mute them.

R

RichDC

With all due respect, no one forced you to go to Fel. Pvper's are ALWAYS going to be in Fel, with or without the Faction tag. Your logic is flawed, if you don't want to deal with "knuckle-draggers" then just stay in tram, and whenever someone uses the word "Trammy" mute them.
The thing that makes me laugh the most is this kid apparantly plays on siege!!

He sounds worse than some of the worst trammies ive ever heard!!!

The only shard this had an affect on and the only shard which this should be on is siege as they are the only banks.

On prodo shards everyone knew the guards where of and it promoted PvP.

Now, Aran...go back to the rants and spiels forums you always frequent and leave the serious discussions to the adults.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And when the people who want to have faction fighting enabled across all facets see their wish granted, will you be asking for the guards to be removed everywhere else as well?

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would never happen Tina. There are far too many tram based players who would complain. It would be the oppsite of this thread[wanting more safe zones such as tram] and it would reach 3 pages instantly. Also Tina, as I think about it more, guard zones wouldn't matter in tram because everyone would be blue so you'd never do any criminal actions.

Bombastic, I have submitted to ask a dev and recieved no word back, and this thread is based on problems[such as being guard whacked into stat] due to guard zones. I don't see why this thread is not a sufficent place to talk about guard zones and the problems they create for red factioners. This is making the pvp lopsided for those of us who are willing to be flagged at all times.

Also everyone seems to avoid my post and the valid points it made. So if anyone has a rebuttle for what I posted, I would love to see the other side of that argument why people are so upset that FACTION cities had their guard zones turned off, yet the other 7 cities that didn't isn't enough for non-faction people.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Speaking on this, Until factions are moved out of faction towns at least, guard zones should be taken down. Once faction bases are moved, then guards can be reinstated. Its obviously an issue for faction players and rly should not affect other blues. I am sure there is enough guard zoned towns for blues to go to bank in fel, or do whatever else they may in town. Would be a quick fix until the problem can really be addressed correctly. It is sad to see so many clueless non faction non pvpers post here trying to make points on something they obviously have the slightest clue about.

Always remember, with Freedom of Speech comes Freedom of Ignorance.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bumped so someone can rebuttle what I've said.

Thanks.
The idea of no guard zones was meant to be temporary, and their reinstatement in the progression of the game was long overdue.

As far as what you are trying to argue, cities were safe havens in this game before trammel. Factions still can fight unimpeded as always...but if you cast as a red onto a blue...there will be consequences...just as there were before. You got soft man, and are only offering argument because you are accustomed to the *temporary* changes.

This has nothing to do with people from trammel...it is all about the system of flags that has existed in the game for a long long time. If you wish to complain about the system being turned on, feel free. I would honestly suggest that you just get used to how things always have been before the *temporary* changes were introduced.

Less QQ, mOAR :gun:.

A

A Rev

The only thing, factions cant fight as before.

It is now impossible to x-heal red faction team mates.

Thats my issue with the guards. It would be nice if it was possible to somehow turn the towns into a faction warzone enabling full and complete fighting.

That includes being able to field and x-heal, of course, this would mean a blue could wander through a red factioners fields and G-Whack him but...that would be the risk we took when throwing fields.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing, factions cant fight as before.

It is now impossible to x-heal red faction team mates.

Thats my issue with the guards. It would be nice if it was possible to somehow turn the towns into a faction warzone enabling full and complete fighting.

That includes being able to field and x-heal, of course, this would mean a blue could wander through a red factioners fields and G-Whack him but...that would be the risk we took when throwing fields.
Well...considering it has always been considered flagging to heal a red in GZ...I do not understand the issue. Yes, I do play a red in factions too.

Second...fields? In town? This is not Buc's Den...the only town meant to NOT have GZ.

Third...if these *reverting* changes affect you so much...perhaps you ought to consider playing factions on your blue in town fights.

Fourth, you should consider yourself lucky that reds are even ALLOWED in towns...instead of being whacked the moment they step into them.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the feeling these guys weren't around before there was a Trammel.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm, apparently you completely missed the joke in my statement. *shrugs*
that would be epic if a guard tele's to you and whacks you but you are left with 3 hp's due to parry lol. would it hit you again ? i bet it would lol

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your suggestion is get a blue when the real pvpers who just want to fight all the time are red? Intresting, though I already said that's not a fix.

Also you didn't really rebuttle anything. The big complaint is coming from blues that they can't use banks/cities without getting attacked, when I provided evidence that they still have access to almost 50% of the cities still protected by the guards.

So how exactly is it unfair that FACTION cities only had their guard zones turned off? If you want everyone to be blue in factions then factions at that point should be opened to all facets. I'd be fine with that change if you're going to have fights lopsided for reds. Blues already get access to stuff reds can't, such as virtues and easy training[spell binders, putting pets on each other to train in tram ect].

All bases should be free of guard zones much like SL and Min, moving TB and Mag would be a step in the right direction. Espeically with TB spawning guards inside the castle even though that has been complained about for ages now and still not fixed.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to fight all the time, do it outside of town, where you belong.

Back of the bus, Rosa.