• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GUARD WHACKED INTO STAT!

V

Vaelix

Ooh! I KNOW ONE! I KNOW ONE!

Because the towns don't belong to you knuckle-draggers, and everyone else shouldn't have to put up with your "I GOTTA KILL EVERYONE AROUND ME!" child-like attitudes.
So the faction towns which are owned by whichever faction that managed to take over the town via sigil do not belong to said faction.. Interesting.

Isnt that.. The point of faction towns, You take the sigil and for Said period of time you own/control the town?

How about.. X Faction controls X Town via Sigil and has the Option to disable *Town* Guards for as long as they control it.

:heart:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the faction system should not overrule the majority of people uninvolved.

V

Vaelix

The majority of people uninvolved are in Tram.. If you are in Fel, you run the risk of being killed And guard zones being active should be the decision of the Faction controlling the *Faction* Town.

Which means.. True brits and Com would have a Real reason for wanting Brit or Mag and on the reverse side SL and Min would want to disable that advantage.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The majority of people uninvolved are in Tram.. If you are in Fel, you run the risk of being killed And guard zones being active should be the decision of the Faction controlling the *Faction* Town.

Which means.. True brits and Com would have a Real reason for wanting Brit or Mag and on the reverse side SL and Min would want to disable that advantage.
I disagree. Factions is a niche subsystem of the game. The 30-40, maybe 50 of you should not control such important things as town guard status.

Especially not in the capital city.

V

Vaelix

I disagree. Factions is a niche subsystem of the game. The 30-40, maybe 50 of you should not control such important things as town guard status.

Especially not in the capital city.
As it stands, TB / Com have no real reason for wanting to control the faction town that their bases are in. Changing the system so that the controling town would give them an actual reason, like i said.

TB / Com : Fight for the Town so you can have guards / Blues / no Xheals in the town that your faction base is located.. Aka an Advantage

SL / Min : Fight so they Cant have Guards / blues in said towns. Aka take away the advantage.

I was under the impression that the Controling faction was the Owner of Town and in charage of keeping it safe and making sure it prospers, Or having chaos and ruining the economy.. Via Sherrif and Finance.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just admit that what you want is to indiscriminately attack or kill everyone, anywhere in the game.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The obvious solution here is to just move the TB and CoM bases out of guard zones. It makes absolutely no sense that even if TB doesn't control Britain, their base still exists in Britain. Factions should be trying to control the cities as satellites from their huge home bases out in the wilds.

V

Vaelix

Just admit that what you want is to indiscriminately attack or kill everyone, anywhere in the game.
On siege both my PvPers are Factions/Red.

On ATL they are Factions/Blue.

The only problem i have is not being able to XHeal my fellow guildies (Factioners) when participating in Faction Fights in the Com/TB bases.

If you think having guards around brit and Com makes little to no difference in faction fights, you obviously dont have a very big grasp on Group Faction fighting.

Being guard wacked by Non Faction Blues while Xhealing my own Faction, In faction fights.. is a problem.. no matter how you cut it.

On the Flip side.. SL / Min (We are SL) Bases have nothing of the sort and are at a very large disadvantage when you look at the big picture.

Either move the TB/Com bases out of town, or allow the controlling faction (Sigil) have the option to remove guards from said town.

:heart:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your suggestion is get a blue when the real pvpers who just want to fight all the time are red? Intresting, though I already said that's not a fix.

Also you didn't really rebuttle anything. The big complaint is coming from blues that they can't use banks/cities without getting attacked, when I provided evidence that they still have access to almost 50% of the cities still protected by the guards.

So how exactly is it unfair that FACTION cities only had their guard zones turned off? If you want everyone to be blue in factions then factions at that point should be opened to all facets. I'd be fine with that change if you're going to have fights lopsided for reds. Blues already get access to stuff reds can't, such as virtues and easy training[spell binders, putting pets on each other to train in tram ect].

All bases should be free of guard zones much like SL and Min, moving TB and Mag would be a step in the right direction. Espeically with TB spawning guards inside the castle even though that has been complained about for ages now and still not fixed.
Im sorry...so what you basically are trying to say is...play reds in factions in fel or gtfo.

Counter solution...play the game as it was BEFORE the GZ were TAKEN AWAY and deal with the consequences of being a red. So often people forget that playing a red is supposed to have consequences.

Let me make another counter...bring back true skill loss from playing a perma red and allow reds to be healed in GZ.

I didnt rebut what you had to say? Sorry you think so...seems you just suffer from selective reading to me and care very little about what actually gets said.

Blues have it easier? What does being blue have to do with this? You are on a red and there are consequences to being a murderer. All the devs. did is returned the balance...

Spellbinders? Virtues? LOL...if it is not one thing it is another. Try to add something to the conversation that involves the guardzones...this is not a debate between red and blue...since GZ do not care who flags.

BTW...why is it blues are being singled out by you? Is it not true that if I am on a blue and heal a red I will ALSO get whacked? Seems like equal opportunity whacking to me.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ridiculous.

I was chasing an OJ up to Brit. He was south of the city by the docks attempting to get a teleport over the water. I thunderstorm (on my red factioner) for the disrupt and got guard whack stat.

This is just so stupid. My guild primarily plays reds, so any OJ that smoke bombs in Brit never has to fear a conflag pot from us. Two of my guildies deleted a character on each of their accounts last night so they could recreate a blue factioner because they can't do anything in the cities. It's a joke.

Brit is the worst. The action will always end up there at some point, and now we have tram blues hanging out there constantly just to dump on one red factioner at a time, or spam guards. It's bad enough that TB base is horrible to push with reds as it is due to being guard whacked inside (not to mention we're usually facing one natures fury spammer that sits on top of the roof completely out of range), but now you've completely crippled reds in the entire city. TB base is by far the most advantageous base for blue factioners. Now every hero bluebie messes with us before we can even get into the base, and our guys can't even get a cross heal on their way in. lol

Devs if you want everyone to just have blue factioners, then just says the word, and let every red factioner have a one time reprieve so we don't have to delete all of our red factioners.

Did I mention this is ridiculous?!?
:thumbup1: